Customer Satisfaction Results
1.81 out of 5 Stars
43 Consumer Reviews

General Motors
Complaint Department

Welcome to the General Motors company complaint page. Here you can file a complaint against General Motors online for poor customer service, billing problems, or report a rude employee. If you need to contact the General Motors corporate office with your feedback, there is information listed below including mailing address, customer service phone number, and support email address.

Have you had problems with General Motors?

Compare General Motors to Similar Cars more...

Top 43 Reviews about General Motors

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a General Motors customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

I had my vehicle repaired at a local place for work covered under an "extended warranty" because after making 2 appts. with the dealer I purchased the vehicle from I had to cancel because the dealer said the vehicle had to "being throwing the code" when I brought it in. Each time I scheduled the appt. the code would not be activated on those days and I had to cancel. Due to the frustration I took the vehicle to a local repair shop and they placed the car on a machine and it told them the problem was the throttle body they replaced it the next day. I have placed a claim for $531 with GM (Claim #8-1941543215). The called me on 4/19 to tell me they were denying the claim because the work was not done by a GM dealer.

After much discussions and their calling the dealer to confirm my story, "Rose" called me back (her number is 866-790-5600) on 4/20 to tell me that since I made several efforts to have the work completed at a GM dealer that my claim had been approved and that Ilene would be calling me. AS of today 4/29, Ilene has not called me nor has she returned any of my phone calls. I am being told repeatedly by the operator that Ilene is the only person who can help me, but when I leave messages - she does not return the call.

I have followed the bulletin exactly and cannot get satisfaction. They are now telling me that I need an additional approval and they do not know when that approval can be expected. When I spoke to the dealer, they told me the work would have cost much more than the $531 that I am requesting, so I actually did GM a favor and do not understand why I am getting the run around from your representatives. I am simply asking for what I am entitled to and no more. Please let me know when I can expect my refund.

Upvote (0)

I have got a 2015 2500 Duramax truck and I am not very happy with the fuzzy style fender wall on it. I live on a side road and when the roads are wet the mud just hangs on the fender walls and takes forever to get it washed off with a pressure washer. Do you make the smooth plastic fender wall? On my old truck I could hit them with a water hose and have them cleaned in a minute. Not sure if this is the right place to complain about this, but I am not very happy.

Upvote (0)

I am the proud owner of a 2013 Spark. The car has only 29,891 miles on it and to my knowledge is still under the bumper to bumper warranty. I was completely unaware this did not include the key. My key broke and completely fell out of the ignition. I am the only person who ever drives this car and in no way was this key treated roughly or abused (only placed in my pocket). My dealer: Mike Savoie Chevorlet states the key broke because it must have been abused in some way and would not cover a replacement under the warranty.

The new key cost me: $115.30. I am writing to you because I only had this car for less than two years and I fully expected the key to last longer than that. The broken key WILL NOT ALLOW THE CAR TO START, I had to purchase a new one and (if I wanted to continue to use the car) have the dealer program same. I'm sending you two attachments (both .jpg images) one is a picture of the defective key and the second is the dealer invoice (the VIN number, mileage and price I paid for the new key are all listed on same.

Upvote (0)

I was watching the Local news here on Merritt Island, Florida and heard that GM had a recall on some of the Police vehicles from (GM) reference the steering. It was reported by the News that the steering became hard to steer. I was coming from Orlando Florida 45 miles from where I live last week. When my steering became hard to steer, almost causing me to have an accident. My power steering fluid was checked and it is full. I have a 2001 PT Cruiser Limited Edition and this vehicle has serviced me well. My question is does my steering issue falls under your recall of vehicles?

Upvote (0)

I bought a 2009 Silverado 1500 with around 56,000 miles on it. I thought that this would keep me from spending money on repairs. The passenger side rear center spring broke in half and fell onto my drive way, and now the drivers side rear spring did the same.I am not at all happy with this truck. In looking to see if there was a recall, I discover that there was a repair notice to the dealers. Digging a little deeper, I found that there was a vehicle recall issued in Canada, I bought this truck because I am now on my 3rd Suburban,which is a great truck. I will unload the 1500 Silverado and go back to Ford. I also know that I am wasting my time with this complaint.

Upvote (0)

I have a 2011 2500 HD diesel truck. In thee last 8 months my truck has been worked on 4 times for something related to diesel exhaust system. 2 of the times I have broke down while towing a trailer and had to be towed. Not GOOD! The last time the filter wouldn't work. Just got it back and the exhaust temp is hot again. It appears it is still having the same problem. I have heard that there is nothing but problems with this system. What are you going to do about this?

Upvote (0)

The rims on my 2007 trailblazer are all corroded after the first winter. I should not have to pay for new ones when you pay that much for a vehicle to start. Wow! No I see people commenting that the tires leak too. This is the worst GM product I have ever seen.

Upvote (0)

I bought a 2016 GMC Acadia in August of 2015.I am not happy about my 24 months free service.I just had it serviced and this is my last free service as I had it serviced in 2015.I now have to drive the rest of the 24 months on my own.I checked other makes of cars and they offer 24 months of free service period.I have a car that is only two months into 2016 and it is done.I am being penalized because I bought a 2016.I have had GM products for 40 years and I am not happy over this.When it's time to trade I will look for a product that when it says 24 months free service that's what it means.

Upvote (0)

Jan 08 2016, truck will not turn over, dead battery in 2 year old truck? so I get a local garage to deliver me a new battery, install new battery and truck will not start, call road side assistance and head out to North Bay Hooper gm dealership Jan 11 2016, once in garage hoopers replaced the starter (they didn't specify what was wrong with starter?) I believe the battery was discharged too quickly due to grounding issues with the starter.

Donald Burns of Hoopers, told me the battery is covered under the 3 year warranty, so did the service manager, I was told to " just bring in the receipt Mr. McElheran and we'll cover it under the warranty ". the next thing you know Donald Burns pulls a 180 on me? sends me an e-mail now denying coverage? Mr. Burns is acting in bad faith towards client/breach of contract! he will not explain why GM will not cover battery? I went out of my way to bring in the receipt for what? to be insulted by Hoopers staff.

Upvote (0)

On 05/2012 I purchased a 2012 Chevrolet Impala. On 12/23/14 I complained about the tires (all tires) were dry rotting and needed to be replaced. I was told that Chevrolet would not cover this even after taking the car to Goodyear and they told me to take it back to the dealer for replacements. The dealer WOULD NOT replace these tires. On 04/2015 my wife took the car into the shop to get a headlight replaced that was fogged from the inside. The Service Manager turned the bright lights on and it did not help the problem.

Te passenger side headlight has gotten much worse and they DID NOT replace this. Today 02/07/2015 the drivers side headlight is doing the same thing and getting worse. If the passenger light was not replaced there would be no reason to take this back to the dealership to have them tell me there is nothing they can do.

I have had other issues with this vehicle and please look at the record for Serra Chevrolet in Madison, TN. I was a good customer with this dealership but won't return even though I am looking to purchase a new vehicle, not a General Motors product.

Upvote (0)

I personally have had to pay to have my blower resistor and connector (air condition and heating) twice on my 2012 Chevy Malibu in the last 6 months. This morning my mother's 2014 Cruz was put in the shop for the same issue and replacement. I have been informed that this is a known defect with Chevy vehicles. My question is if General Motors is aware of this defect why isn't there a recall? Also, how can I go about getting reimbursed.

Note this problem causes other problems with the vehicle such as stalling out (parked and while driving), check engine lights, RPM movement, etc.

Upvote (0)

We own a 2009 Malibu, bought new. The vehicle has only 33000 miles and the transmission has slipping issues. We called GM service for assistance on the issue, They gave us 1hr. of diagnostics. The dealership said it would take more time then just an hour, so we ok'd another half an hour. The dealership found broken tubes inside the transmission. I related to both the dealership and GM customer service, that the issue should not have happened with the low mileage of the vehicle.

The dealership said the bill will be $640.00, I said that GM should cover most of the cost and contacted the customer service again. The customer service at GM informed me that the dealership determines what the customer is responsible for. The dealership only took 10% off the bill, in conjuction with GM service, but the dealership had already said they'd take 10% off before talking to GM. The Service Request # 8-1732228006. GM should stand behind their product, so people will keep buying the vehicles.

The service department at Webb Chevrolet in Oak Lawn,Il. is terrible. They are rude on the phone and act like their customers are bothering them. We haven't been able to use the car in two and a half weeks, we're going to pay the bill to get it back, but we won't buy another GM product ever again if they don't stand behind their product.

Upvote (0)

I have been having an intermittent problem with my ignition switch on my 2010 cobalt in that the key doesn't turn, it gets stuck, causing a dangerous situation for me. I never know when the key won't turn. What if I have to move my car? Surely you can appreciate the gravity of this problem, lives could be jeopardized. At Jerry's Chevrolet on Joppa Road in Baltimore, they told me they could not duplicate the problem after two days and that there were no codes
indicating a problem. (Invoice #303424). What should I do?

Upvote (0)

Owning a 2009 Silverado, and more often finding very annoying poor engineering. Ash trey UNDER the Steering wheel? Need star screw driver to replace air filter? Like found in every American tool box? Oil filter in much too tight of a space to easily replace...Spare tire...well, better to get a spare and throw it in the bed than try getting it out from under and or replacing under truck. I see now why GM struggles to make it , and I will truly have to think again before buying another one. Used to be the best...Not anymore. Get rid of half your engineers GM and replace with mechanics that know!

Upvote (0)

A second time around for the same problem and of course the warranty from the first repair is no longer valid. Last year on 6/30/14 I took my car to the dealer for a loud clicking sound in the dash. The fix was to replace the Actuator for the A/C fan. Luckily I had a warranty plan and only had to pay the deductible. I have a 2009 Impala LTZ. The past week 9/25/15 the same exact problem has started all over. An annoying loud clicking sound in the dash that starts as soon as I open the door, trunk and lasts for about a minute and a half. And after reading some of the other reviews here I have the same problem as they do. This fix is very expensive and I am not able to fix it right now. I feel there should be a recall on this problem, which by the way is not the first recall for this car. I am hoping that this will be the case as I may go insane from the noise. Please people if you are having the same problem let GM KNOW EVERY WAY YOU CAN.

Upvote (0)

It just took me 2 hrs to remove my air filter on my 04 Pontiac Montana. I had to end up destroying my MAF Sensor along with the air intake tubing. It seems that your highly educated and over paid engineers crammed everything in so tight that they forgot to allow for removal to change the air filter.

There is NO play to separate components, It took me another 4 hrs to remove countless parts just to cram everything back in. The engine had to be unmounted and shifted to the right to gain enough room to re-install. It has cost me over $40 for what should be a $10 air filter, over $100 for what should have been a $40 MAF Sensor, and $80 to replace the rubber duct work.

Maybe you should replaced your over paid Engineers with their Degrees with a lowly mechanic with Common Sense!

Upvote (1)

I was having trouble with my ignition switch. The key was sticking. I had the switch repaired once, costing me about 300.00 to get fixed. A few months later, the key started sticking in the ignition switch again, therefore, having to had the switch fixed again at a cost of about 300.00.

Then I received a card in the mailed stating there is a recall on the ignition switch after I HAD paid MY MONEY!!! I would kindly like to know if I can get a refund. I can produce my receipts for these repairs before I received the recall card would like a response please. My car is a 2001 chevy Malibu, color black

Upvote (0)

The transmission on my 2010 Buick Lucerne Vin# 1g4hb5e1xau116808 with 82537 miles on it , went bad. I called Vail Buick & they told me I was 2 days out of Warrantee and wouldn't cover the cost. This is my fourth Buick that I have owned and have never had a problem with the transmission. Keep in mind there was only 82,537 miles on it. The transmission should not need to be replaced.

I have been a loyal customer and I feel that Buick not honoring my warrantee because it expired ONLY two days prior to this incident is not good business practices. I will definitely reconsider where my next vehicle purchase will be.

Upvote (0)

Ive been trying to establish ownership rights with these company dealerships in the Fresno , Clovis California area and have not been able to . I've been giving name after name after name just not the truth over the private owners name. (me) Selma's Liberty Auto mall Ford Buick GMC , Fresno's Miguel's English Micheal's Chevrolet and a couple more . Seven , Steve Greene , John Miller , these are liberty Chevrolet employees I need fired actually want to hire a law firm CPA firm in this area to do all the hiring firing marketing and bookkeeping all other these none franchise dealerships of mine have been giving control of by the company executive id like replaced as well . 14 company dealerships in this area I think a CPA or law firm doing all the back ground checks and what ever else , is what I'm wanting . I'm have problems with my JP Morgan Stanley banks authority as your reading.

Upvote (0)

I have a 2014 Acadia. Since I bought it, it started giving me tire problems. I have to go back to put air in the tires so often or do it at home. Kept complaining and every time I go, they just put air in them and that's all.

Passenger seat behind the driver seat started falling apart. Every plastic around it has been falling off one by one. I also brought it to their attention and they just kind of put the pieces together with their hand and before I actually drive it off their facility, the seat is the same way.

Air bag service on the passenger side has been on and off. It's very unsafe, I don't even know if it would work. Tire sensor light marks the wrong tires. Now is on all the time... I'm done with this car and with General Motors. They are a complete waste of my time.

Upvote (0)

I was in the process of purchasing a used car from gates Chevy in Martinsville Indiana. I asked the sales person twice if the car as been @ a dealer for any repairs, he said no. We purchased the vehicle and took it back for GM certification and again asked, again nothing. I called a dealer in another county and gave them the vin # and found out it had a water pump, axle, ignition work and a check engine light on. After speaking to the general manager I was not pacified at all and actually felt belittled and spoken down too. What are my options... we do like the car, just feeling betrayed badly. .!!!

Upvote (0)

To whom it may concern. My name is Warren and my wife and I purchased a 2010 traverse from one of your dealerships. About three weeks ago, my wife made an appointment over the phone with the dealership, and they said that they were filled at that time, but they could look at the car on Monday.

Well on Saturday morning while my wife was on her way to a race, the car shut down on I-95. We had it towed to the closest dealership which was in Richmond Va. My wife called and told the dealership what happened, and that she wouldn't make the appointment, so I had the car towed back and phoned the dealership and they told me "Oh! your car's coverage expired on the 23rd" which was two days ago. My wife explained to the dealer that she didn't know that, but she made the appointment before it ran out but you said you didn't have room, and so you made the appointment for Monday, and we were told sorry.

Now we have been loyal customers with GM for years, and have sent many people to GM for vehicle purchases. Sure the coverage ran out, but it wasn't even a week and that was because the dealership made the appointment for a later date. Now it may not mean much, but I have served in the Army for over twenty years and my wife has served for over twenty-two years and I've never had any thing like this happen and was told basically to suck it up. the car only has 80'000 miles on it and now we have to purchase a new engine. We will have to suck it up, but if this is the way GM operates. I don't think we or the rest of our family will continue our relationship with what I thought was a first class company.

Upvote (0)

Well my 2012 Tahoe problem with cracking dash board and there has been a lot of these complaints tahoes cost way to much for this to happen is it cheap plastic or what. I am very unhappy about this car has only 44,700 miles and again this is a ongoing problem what are yall going to do about this gm is subject to losing lot of customers like this.

Upvote (0)

On April 3, 2015 I brought my 2012 Silverado in for a wind whistle and erratic brake operation. I informed them that the wind noise was evident from the day I bought the truck. They blame the noise on a visor that I had installed less than 1 yr ago. I had hoped that the visor would help reduce or eliminate the noise but the noise remained unchanged. They insist on blaming the noise on the visor so I told the service manager that he wasn't listening to what I was telling him. He snapped back with "you're not listening to me". At that point I knew there was no getting trough to him.

The erratic brake problem, the pedal was spongy and low and went to the floor a few times, they say they couldn't find anything wrong. If they couldn't find anything wrong, no air in the system, etc. then I would like to know why that since they worked on them the brakes have been just fine. Whatever they couldn't find wrong fixed the problem.

Getting back to the wind noise, I'm not at all satisfied with their diagnosis that it's the visor when I know for a fact that it is not. That was the last straw when he told me that I wasn't listening to him. Nobody should talk to a customer the way he talked to me and as far as I'm concerned I'll never set foot in that dealership again. I dealt with people all through my business career and I NEVER talked to a customer the way he talked to me. The dealer's invoice # is 14805 and the dealer is Witham Chevrolet in Avon Park, FL.

Upvote (0)

I am working professional and needed a small budget car. So went into GM and asked for Chevrolet Beat on finance basis. They explained me the procedure about the down payment and monthly scheme. I had a good experience dealing with the people of GM and they gave me good options as well based on my budget. Being very happy about my experience, I have written a letter as well to them appreciating the overall staff there and for the quality of cars they deal with. Great going GM.

Upvote (0)

AM 59 gal disabled,Gmtold merely 2014 02 Grand Am was on recall when I called they would send me notice, give me a loaner and fix signal lights and haven't been working last 3 cars had same problem never fax anything to the dealer liked them so they would.call someone else it wasn't on recall.cuz they know where they got the parts.'I caught a few days later talk to someone else gave me another story'finally in November. A recall notice even know my airbag light is on all they're going to do is mess around with a key'so people keep dying.I'm not taking it in for them to do that when that's not the problem.just want to get a lawyer and get a civil case on them

Upvote (0)

My General Motors dashboard has cracked in two different locations. One above the instrument cluster and the other is located above the airbag on the passenger side. Is this covered by the warranty and if not, why not?

Upvote (0)

I have owned Chevys since my 1952 Chevy @ age 16 25 plus Chevys since but lately GM has gone to aluminum intakes and heads I have had to re-tighten intakes on my 89,93,09 Chevys you have to do this or gaskets will fail now on my second Chevy Duramax aluminum head gaskets have failed can get fixed for $6,622 yes a little over on mileage but this engine should go 500,000 miles only 160,000 miles on this one, had Chevy had a tightened the heads in a follow up would not have the problem I have now. Have talked to many Duramax owners with same problem. Next truck will be a dodge if I can't get them to fix it. Called consumer complaints that for no me no help the are a joke !!! complaint # 71-145 187 8651

Upvote (0)

I am so sick of the Buick Encore commercial, are they too cheap to make a new one? This commercial has been worn out!!! Please do it quick before my husband throws a shoe through the TV. Buick shouldn't be making such an ugly vehicle as the Encore anyway.

Upvote (0)

GMC remodeled my kitchen. Signed a contract with the owner Gohar for $8,585 as he promised to stand behind the work. Their motto "We are leaders in client?s satisfaction and superb craftsmanship " to the contrary. My kitchen is falling apart. Granite seams are separating, the cabinets are falling down, the floor is warped. I called to advise, but received no call backs or answers to my emails because my contract was paid in full. I tried to mediate my dispute with the BBB, but Gohar refused to cooperate. I sued Gohar the owner and Registered Agent of GMC Construction in Prince William District Court, and won on 03/19/2013, however to date he refuses to pay the judgment. I filed a judgment lien against the company. Please learn from my mistake. Do you homework before doing business with this company. Review the BBB complaints and their "F" rating.

Upvote (0)

I bought a buick rendevouz ive had it almost a year the other day driving on the highway the logo across top of the hood came flying off. Went to the dealer told me in all their years theyve never seen anythingblike this but would cost me over 300.00. to replace. I have to pay. Ive had cars since the age of 17 im in my 50's now i have never, ever had a logo come flying off a car. Buick/gmc should replace it!

Upvote (0)

The rear hatch on my GMC Denali will not unlock and therefore cannot be opened. I have done some research, and it does not appear that there is a manual release ont the inside,and there is no key lock on the outside. In addition to being an inconvenience in terms of a repair, I would suggest to you that this could be dangerous for anyone trapped in the rear of the vehicle with no possible method of egress if the forward part of the vehicle was not an option, (fire etc). I'm surprised that there have been no recalls or government involvement, perhaps someone has to be injured or die before GM might make a change

Upvote (0)

I purchased a new 1999 GMC and about the 3rd year I had a flat tire and "could not" get the tire lowered down from under the truck so called a repair man to do it in the middle of Northern Ontario's bushland and I never complained, just hoped you would make it better on the newer units.
I again purchased a 2006 GMC which I still drive and last month I had a flat tire at my camp in a remote area in Iron Bridge, Ontario. I again was faced with the same problem as the 1999 unit.

The jackdown lowering contraption was still faulty, I was unable to get the jack handle into the insert to turn the jack down. I could shove the rod into the hole in the back bumper but couldn't line up the square hole 3 feet in at the jack, so I had to repair the flat on the truck by calling my brother-in-law to come out 50 miles with a repair patch and air compresure. My complaint is, "why don't you put the jack handle into the jack when you build the unit and just leave a few inches left just inside the bumperlock to hook into, to find the hole 3 feet in and line it up is redicules.

I had to go to a tire shop and have them cut and grind the tire jack down in order to get the tire off.now my spare lies in my backyard because I have nowhere to put it and it takes up too much room in the box. I will always drive a 4 X 4 truck but if your problem is not remmedied by the time I purchase another truck you can be SURE my next truck will be a ford.

Upvote (0)

To whom it may concern, I purchased a new GMC Denali on 5/7/2012 and have had numerous problems from the very beginning. I was approved for 0% financing and drove the car home. After a few weeks I received a phone call from the dealership I purchased my vehicle from telling me that my loan did not get approved for the promised 0% financing, after all the papers were signed and the car was already in my possession!

I have NEVER heard of a professional company reneging on a signed/sealed agreement, such as this. This is not only poor business practice, but illegal as well.

Meanwhile I'm continuing to make payments on my vehicle, while very dis-satisfied with this situation and the damaged vehicle.

Below is a list of the problems with my brand new $60,000 vehicle:

1. The dash board was cracked
  2. Defrost broken- back rear window
  3. AC seats malfunction
  4. stains on the seats
  5. key gets stuck in ignition constantly
  6. blood found on leather
  7. blind spot warning signal for approaching vehicles stops working intermittently
  8. scratches on dashboard
  14. paint chips on trunk
  15. middle passenger stick/ wont go back up after folding
  16. side passenger glass support scratched
  17. broken part on sun roof

There's been so many problems, hopefully my memory served me well and I listed them all.

I would appreciate an immediate response from you indicating a resolution to these problems. I would like to apply for a voucher for the myriad of problems that I've experienced. It is unacceptable to receive a car of this expense with these types of problems.

Upvote (0)

I purchased a 2013 GMC Sierra 1500 on December 15, 2012. The tires were lemons and I waited 3 weeks to get the new tires and after Autry Morlan Inc. in Sikeston MO put them on. The tires still were crap and Allen Christian in Dexter MO were the second opinion and they told me I needed new tires. This is a BS. I want new good tires.

Upvote (3)

It's a shame that every part that I seem to get at the parts counter at the dealer ship here in gastonia nc is for one: over priced and then contracted out to mexico to make it. Just bought a 2000 gmc truck needed original wire plugs for the fuel pump one was $60 dollars plus and one was $28.00 plus. The 60 dollar one has four wires on the new plug from mexico. they are all white go figure. I have four different color wires on the truck and can't figure out what white wire goes where dealer says have to come back talk to service rep bunch of BS!

The guy I bought the truck from bought an after market china built pump wires were coler coded I should have just went and got another china made pump I guess. GM has sold out like the rest going to take these high dollar plug in"s back tommorow get my money back and hit the junk yard at least they will be coler coded. There"s no need to ever go to a dealer for parts again same old aftermarket junk right down the street any autozone/advance/pepboys or hell drive to mexico probably give it to ya.

Upvote (0)

Bought a new vehicle off showroom floor began leaking oil. Was first told it was snow or moisture at mileage 5,200. Still leaked and returned to dealer at 7,000 miles. Was told it was a bad seal. Was given a loaner 2013 GMC Terrain which never got out of the parking lot due to brakes seizing up. Then was given a Pontiac G6 as loaner. Received a call stating while repairing seal cylinder was bad and had to order new one. Several days later another call stating that cylinder received was defective so dealership was going to remove another cylinder to match to. Now I don't trust engine after warranty expires. Cobbled up engine invites future problems.

Upvote (0)

The cracked dashboard in my 2007 Tahoe is an eye sore. My fear is that the air bag will eject and cause serious injury to me or my passenger. It used to be that you could expect quality from General Motors and the other US auto makers. Now having an American made care seems to be the cheap route.

Upvote (5)

I am letting you know about an accident caused by a defective GM vehicle. On June 2013, my husband and I were test driving a 2009 Chevrolet Traverse when the vehicle stalled and came to almost a complete stop. Because of the malfunctioning of the vehicle, we immediately had to put the hazardous lights on to alert drivers of the complications we were having. Nevertheless, we both were injured and were hospitalized when a vehicle hit us from the back/passenger side. We were under the Doctor's care for a little more than 6 months. The vehicle we test drove was from the Jack Winegardner Chevrolet Dealership. The dealership was notified of the incident and paid us the PIP but no additional compensation. Is this the normal procedure behind an incident when an accident occurs involving a vehicle owned by General Motors?

Upvote (1)

I own a 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt that I bought used from a dealer in March 2011. Since I have owned this car I have had a problem with the traction control light coming on and car shifting rough. I have had the car repaired every year since I have owned it and have spent around $1500.00 on repairs for this problem. The last coming in June of 2014. The solenoid was replaced at a cost of over $220.00. The problem seemed to be fixed until this morning January 26, 2015. Light is back on. Car shifting rough. I have a 6 year loan on this car and still have 2 years left. Chevrolet needs to address this problem as I have seen many complaints from cobalt owners experiencing the same problems. This is a safety issue due to the fact the car jerks when shifting and you could lose control of the car.

Upvote (0)

I just want to know what happend to GM? They used to make great cars and now all I assocate General Motors with is union strikes and cheap quality vehicles. I bought my last GM car a few years back. It was a Chevy Monte Carlo and it will be my last. Engine leaks, transmission slipping, electronic problems, all after only a few years. I will stick with foreign made cars, and that's hard to say as a partriotic American!

Upvote (0)

At less than 10,000 miles half my engine and flywheel had to be replaced. For various defects car has been in the shop for almost 2 months. Car returned with a broken windshield that I had to pay 1/2 despite it was in GM custody, having to pay a portion of a rental car despite being under full warranty, continued problems with car, told nothing is wrong. Couldn't sell it if I tried. Given offers via GM that only would ad a tremendous amount of debt to me. Unanswered certified notice of motor vehicle twice. Giving the run around over and over. After 4 months of trying to give GM my trust to make it right still living a horrific night mare. I feel they don't care about my safety, and not as a consumer in general. I am fed up, and hurt that a company that I once loved could end up such a disappointment. Now, I am going to share my story.

Contact the General Motors Complaint Department