Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by Sherrie carter
Feb 07, 2015 - Six Mile, SC
Horrible

The cracked dashboard in my 2007 Tahoe is an eye sore. My fear is that the air bag will eject and cause serious injury to me or my passenger. It used to be that you could expect quality from General Motors and the other US auto makers. Now having an American made care seems to be the cheap route.

Have you had problems with General Motors?

Compare General Motors to Similar Cars more...

Top 29 Reviews about General Motors

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a General Motors customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Horrible

It just took me 2 hrs to remove my air filter on my 04 Pontiac Montana. I had to end up destroying my MAF Sensor along with the air intake tubing. It seems that your highly educated and over paid engineers crammed everything in so tight that they forgot to allow for removal to change the air filter.

There is NO play to separate components, It took me another 4 hrs to remove countless parts just to cram everything back in. The engine had to be unmounted and shifted to the right to gain enough room to re-install. It has cost me over $40 for what should be a $10 air filter, over $100 for what should have been a $40 MAF Sensor, and $80 to replace the rubber duct work.

Maybe you should replaced your over paid Engineers with their Degrees with a lowly mechanic with Common Sense!

Horrible

I was having trouble with my ignition switch. The key was sticking. I had the switch repaired once, costing me about 300.00 to get fixed. A few months later, the key started sticking in the ignition switch again, therefore, having to had the switch fixed again at a cost of about 300.00.

Then I received a card in the mailed stating there is a recall on the ignition switch after I HAD paid MY MONEY!!! I would kindly like to know if I can get a refund. I can produce my receipts for these repairs before I received the recall card would like a response please. My car is a 2001 chevy Malibu, color black

Horrible

The transmission on my 2010 Buick Lucerne Vin# 1g4hb5e1xau116808 with 82537 miles on it , went bad. I called Vail Buick & they told me I was 2 days out of Warrantee and wouldn't cover the cost. This is my fourth Buick that I have owned and have never had a problem with the transmission. Keep in mind there was only 82,537 miles on it. The transmission should not need to be replaced.

I have been a loyal customer and I feel that Buick not honoring my warrantee because it expired ONLY two days prior to this incident is not good business practices. I will definitely reconsider where my next vehicle purchase will be.

Poor

Ive been trying to establish ownership rights with these company dealerships in the Fresno , Clovis California area and have not been able to . I've been giving name after name after name just not the truth over the private owners name. (me) Selma's Liberty Auto mall Ford Buick GMC , Fresno's Miguel's English Micheal's Chevrolet and a couple more . Seven , Steve Greene , John Miller , these are liberty Chevrolet employees I need fired actually want to hire a law firm CPA firm in this area to do all the hiring firing marketing and bookkeeping all other these none franchise dealerships of mine have been giving control of by the company executive id like replaced as well . 14 company dealerships in this area I think a CPA or law firm doing all the back ground checks and what ever else , is what I'm wanting . I'm have problems with my JP Morgan Stanley banks authority as your reading.

Horrible

I have a 2014 Acadia. Since I bought it, it started giving me tire problems. I have to go back to put air in the tires so often or do it at home. Kept complaining and every time I go, they just put air in them and that's all.

Passenger seat behind the driver seat started falling apart. Every plastic around it has been falling off one by one. I also brought it to their attention and they just kind of put the pieces together with their hand and before I actually drive it off their facility, the seat is the same way.

Air bag service on the passenger side has been on and off. It's very unsafe, I don't even know if it would work. Tire sensor light marks the wrong tires. Now is on all the time... I'm done with this car and with General Motors. They are a complete waste of my time.

Horrible

I was in the process of purchasing a used car from gates Chevy in Martinsville Indiana. I asked the sales person twice if the car as been @ a dealer for any repairs, he said no. We purchased the vehicle and took it back for GM certification and again asked, again nothing. I called a dealer in another county and gave them the vin # and found out it had a water pump, axle, ignition work and a check engine light on. After speaking to the general manager I was not pacified at all and actually felt belittled and spoken down too. What are my options... we do like the car, just feeling betrayed badly. .!!!

Horrible

To whom it may concern. My name is Warren and my wife and I purchased a 2010 traverse from one of your dealerships. About three weeks ago, my wife made an appointment over the phone with the dealership, and they said that they were filled at that time, but they could look at the car on Monday.

Well on Saturday morning while my wife was on her way to a race, the car shut down on I-95. We had it towed to the closest dealership which was in Richmond Va. My wife called and told the dealership what happened, and that she wouldn't make the appointment, so I had the car towed back and phoned the dealership and they told me "Oh! your car's coverage expired on the 23rd" which was two days ago. My wife explained to the dealer that she didn't know that, but she made the appointment before it ran out but you said you didn't have room, and so you made the appointment for Monday, and we were told sorry.

Now we have been loyal customers with GM for years, and have sent many people to GM for vehicle purchases. Sure the coverage ran out, but it wasn't even a week and that was because the dealership made the appointment for a later date. Now it may not mean much, but I have served in the Army for over twenty years and my wife has served for over twenty-two years and I've never had any thing like this happen and was told basically to suck it up. the car only has 80'000 miles on it and now we have to purchase a new engine. We will have to suck it up, but if this is the way GM operates. I don't think we or the rest of our family will continue our relationship with what I thought was a first class company.

Bad

Well my 2012 Tahoe problem with cracking dash board and there has been a lot of these complaints tahoes cost way to much for this to happen is it cheap plastic or what. I am very unhappy about this car has only 44,700 miles and again this is a ongoing problem what are yall going to do about this gm is subject to losing lot of customers like this.

Horrible

On April 3, 2015 I brought my 2012 Silverado in for a wind whistle and erratic brake operation. I informed them that the wind noise was evident from the day I bought the truck. They blame the noise on a visor that I had installed less than 1 yr ago. I had hoped that the visor would help reduce or eliminate the noise but the noise remained unchanged. They insist on blaming the noise on the visor so I told the service manager that he wasn't listening to what I was telling him. He snapped back with "you're not listening to me". At that point I knew there was no getting trough to him.

The erratic brake problem, the pedal was spongy and low and went to the floor a few times, they say they couldn't find anything wrong. If they couldn't find anything wrong, no air in the system, etc. then I would like to know why that since they worked on them the brakes have been just fine. Whatever they couldn't find wrong fixed the problem.

Getting back to the wind noise, I'm not at all satisfied with their diagnosis that it's the visor when I know for a fact that it is not. That was the last straw when he told me that I wasn't listening to him. Nobody should talk to a customer the way he talked to me and as far as I'm concerned I'll never set foot in that dealership again. I dealt with people all through my business career and I NEVER talked to a customer the way he talked to me. The dealer's invoice # is 14805 and the dealer is Witham Chevrolet in Avon Park, FL.

Bad

I am working professional and needed a small budget car. So went into GM and asked for Chevrolet Beat on finance basis. They explained me the procedure about the down payment and monthly scheme. I had a good experience dealing with the people of GM and they gave me good options as well based on my budget. Being very happy about my experience, I have written a letter as well to them appreciating the overall staff there and for the quality of cars they deal with. Great going GM.

Poor

AM 59 gal disabled,Gmtold merely 2014 02 Grand Am was on recall when I called they would send me notice, give me a loaner and fix signal lights and haven't been working last 3 cars had same problem never fax anything to the dealer liked them so they would.call someone else it wasn't on recall.cuz they know where they got the parts.'I caught a few days later talk to someone else gave me another story'finally in November. A recall notice even know my airbag light is on all they're going to do is mess around with a key'so people keep dying.I'm not taking it in for them to do that when that's not the problem.just want to get a lawyer and get a civil case on them

Horrible

My General Motors dashboard has cracked in two different locations. One above the instrument cluster and the other is located above the airbag on the passenger side. Is this covered by the warranty and if not, why not?

Bad

I have owned Chevys since my 1952 Chevy @ age 16 25 plus Chevys since but lately GM has gone to aluminum intakes and heads I have had to re-tighten intakes on my 89,93,09 Chevys you have to do this or gaskets will fail now on my second Chevy Duramax aluminum head gaskets have failed can get fixed for $6,622 yes a little over on mileage but this engine should go 500,000 miles only 160,000 miles on this one, had Chevy had a tightened the heads in a follow up would not have the problem I have now. Have talked to many Duramax owners with same problem. Next truck will be a dodge if I can't get them to fix it. Called consumer complaints that for no me no help the are a joke !!! complaint # 71-145 187 8651

Poor

I am so sick of the Buick Encore commercial, are they too cheap to make a new one? This commercial has been worn out!!! Please do it quick before my husband throws a shoe through the TV. Buick shouldn't be making such an ugly vehicle as the Encore anyway.

Bad

I purchased a new 1999 GMC and about the 3rd year I had a flat tire and "could not" get the tire lowered down from under the truck so called a repair man to do it in the middle of Northern Ontario's bushland and I never complained, just hoped you would make it better on the newer units.
I again purchased a 2006 GMC which I still drive and last month I had a flat tire at my camp in a remote area in Iron Bridge, Ontario. I again was faced with the same problem as the 1999 unit.

The jackdown lowering contraption was still faulty, I was unable to get the jack handle into the insert to turn the jack down. I could shove the rod into the hole in the back bumper but couldn't line up the square hole 3 feet in at the jack, so I had to repair the flat on the truck by calling my brother-in-law to come out 50 miles with a repair patch and air compresure. My complaint is, "why don't you put the jack handle into the jack when you build the unit and just leave a few inches left just inside the bumperlock to hook into, to find the hole 3 feet in and line it up is redicules.

I had to go to a tire shop and have them cut and grind the tire jack down in order to get the tire off.now my spare lies in my backyard because I have nowhere to put it and it takes up too much room in the box. I will always drive a 4 X 4 truck but if your problem is not remmedied by the time I purchase another truck you can be SURE my next truck will be a ford.

Poor

To whom it may concern, I purchased a new GMC Denali on 5/7/2012 and have had numerous problems from the very beginning. I was approved for 0% financing and drove the car home. After a few weeks I received a phone call from the dealership I purchased my vehicle from telling me that my loan did not get approved for the promised 0% financing, after all the papers were signed and the car was already in my possession!

I have NEVER heard of a professional company reneging on a signed/sealed agreement, such as this. This is not only poor business practice, but illegal as well.

Meanwhile I'm continuing to make payments on my vehicle, while very dis-satisfied with this situation and the damaged vehicle.

Below is a list of the problems with my brand new $60,000 vehicle:

1. The dash board was cracked
  2. Defrost broken- back rear window
  3. AC seats malfunction
  4. stains on the seats
  5. key gets stuck in ignition constantly
  6. blood found on leather
  7. blind spot warning signal for approaching vehicles stops working intermittently
  8. scratches on dashboard
  14. paint chips on trunk
  15. middle passenger stick/ wont go back up after folding
  16. side passenger glass support scratched
  17. broken part on sun roof

There's been so many problems, hopefully my memory served me well and I listed them all.

I would appreciate an immediate response from you indicating a resolution to these problems. I would like to apply for a voucher for the myriad of problems that I've experienced. It is unacceptable to receive a car of this expense with these types of problems.

Poor

I purchased a 2013 GMC Sierra 1500 on December 15, 2012. The tires were lemons and I waited 3 weeks to get the new tires and after Autry Morlan Inc. in Sikeston MO put them on. The tires still were crap and Allen Christian in Dexter MO were the second opinion and they told me I needed new tires. This is a BS. I want new good tires.

Horrible

It's a shame that every part that I seem to get at the parts counter at the dealer ship here in gastonia nc is for one: over priced and then contracted out to mexico to make it. Just bought a 2000 gmc truck needed original wire plugs for the fuel pump one was $60 dollars plus and one was $28.00 plus. The 60 dollar one has four wires on the new plug from mexico. they are all white go figure. I have four different color wires on the truck and can't figure out what white wire goes where dealer says have to come back talk to service rep bunch of BS! The guy I bought the truck from bought an after market china built pump wires were coler coded I should have just went and got another china made pump I guess. GM has sold out like the rest going to take these high dollar plug in"s back tommorow get my money back and hit the junk yard at least they will be coler coded. There"s no need to ever go to a dealer for parts again same old aftermarket junk right down the street any autozone/advance/pepboys or hell drive to mexico probably give it to ya. Sinceraly: pissed

Horrible

Bought a new vehicle off showroom floor began leaking oil. Was first told it was snow or moisture at mileage 5,200. Still leaked and returned to dealer at 7,000 miles. Was told it was a bad seal. Was given a loaner 2013 GMC Terrain which never got out of the parking lot due to brakes seizing up. Then was given a Pontiac G6 as loaner. Received a call stating while repairing seal cylinder was bad and had to order new one. Several days later another call stating that cylinder received was defective so dealership was going to remove another cylinder to match to. Now I don't trust engine after warranty expires. Cobbled up engine invites future problems.

Contact the General Motors Complaint Department