General Motors

Most Popular Complaint about General Motors

Posted by James E. Gondolfi on Jan 26, 2015
Customer Rating

I own a 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt that I bought used from a dealer in March 2011. Since I have owned this car I have had a problem with the traction control light coming on and car shifting rough. I have had the car repaired every year since I have owned it and have spent around $1500.00 on repairs for this problem. The last coming in June of 2014. The solenoid was replaced at a cost of over $220.00. The problem seemed to be fixed until this morning January 26, 2015. Light is back on. Car shifting rough. I have a 6 year loan on this car and still have 2 years left. Chevrolet needs to address this problem as I have seen many complaints from cobalt owners experiencing the same problems. This is a safety issue due to the fact the car jerks when shifting and you could lose control of the car.

Did General Motors provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about General Motors?

1.67 out of 5

Website

www.gm.com

More General Motors Complaints

Customer Rating

I just want to know what happend to GM? They used to make great cars and now all I assocate General Motors with is union strikes and cheap quality vehicles. I bought my last GM car a few years back. It was a Chevy Monte Carlo and it will be my last. Engine leaks, transmission slipping, electronic problems, all after only a few years. I will stick with foreign made cars, and that's hard to say as a partriotic American!

Customer Rating

At less than 10,000 miles half my engine and flywheel had to be replaced. For various defects car has been in the shop for almost 2 months. Car returned with a broken windshield that I had to pay 1/2 despite it was in GM custody, having to pay a portion of a rental car despite being under full warranty, continued problems with car, told nothing is wrong. Couldn't sell it if I tried. Given offers via GM that only would ad a tremendous amount of debt to me. Unanswered certified notice of motor vehicle twice. Giving the run around over and over. After 4 months of trying to give GM my trust to make it right still living a horrific night mare. I feel they don't care about my safety, and not as a consumer in general. I am fed up, and hurt that a company that I once loved could end up such a disappointment. Now, I am going to share my story.

Companies Like General Motors

Thanks for your feedback..!

Sorry. Please try again later..!