Customer Satisfaction Results

General Motors

Complaint Department

Filed by Sherrie carter on Feb 07, 2015
Consumer Rating

The cracked dashboard in my 2007 Tahoe is an eye sore. My fear is that the air bag will eject and cause serious injury to me or my passenger. It used to be that you could expect quality from General Motors and the other US auto makers. Now having an American made care seems to be the cheap route.

2 customers agree with this feedback

Do you agree? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about General Motors?

Compare General Motors to Similar Cars more...

General Motors Customer Feedback Trending Now

21 General Motors consumers have created complaints against General Motors to date. Need to report poor customer service? Use our free General Motors complaint form to share your review. Need to contact General Motors corporate headquarters? Find office address, phone number, and email information here.

Consumer Rating

On April 3, 2015 I brought my 2012 Silverado in for a wind whistle and erratic brake operation. I informed them that the wind noise was evident from the day I bought the truck. They blame the noise on a visor that I had installed less than 1 yr ago. I had hoped that the visor would help reduce or eliminate the noise but the noise remained unchanged. They insist on blaming the noise on the visor so I told the service manager that he wasn't listening to what I was telling him. He snapped back with "you're not listening to me". At that point I knew there was no getting trough to him.

The erratic brake problem, the pedal was spongy and low and went to the floor a few times, they say they couldn't find anything wrong. If they couldn't find anything wrong, no air in the system, etc. then I would like to know why that since they worked on them the brakes have been just fine. Whatever they couldn't find wrong fixed the problem.

Getting back to the wind noise, I'm not at all satisfied with their diagnosis that it's the visor when I know for a fact that it is not. That was the last straw when he told me that I wasn't listening to him. Nobody should talk to a customer the way he talked to me and as far as I'm concerned I'll never set foot in that dealership again. I dealt with people all through my business career and I NEVER talked to a customer the way he talked to me. The dealer's invoice # is 14805 and the dealer is Witham Chevrolet in Avon Park, FL.

Consumer Rating

I am working professional and needed a small budget car. So went into GM and asked for Chevrolet Beat on finance basis. They explained me the procedure about the down payment and monthly scheme. I had a good experience dealing with the people of GM and they gave me good options as well based on my budget. Being very happy about my experience, I have written a letter as well to them appreciating the overall staff there and for the quality of cars they deal with. Great going GM.

Consumer Rating

AM 59 gal disabled,Gmtold merely 2014 02 Grand Am was on recall when I called they would send me notice, give me a loaner and fix signal lights and haven't been working last 3 cars had same problem never fax anything to the dealer liked them so they would.call someone else it wasn't on recall.cuz they know where they got the parts.'I caught a few days later talk to someone else gave me another story'finally in November. A recall notice even know my airbag light is on all they're going to do is mess around with a key'so people keep dying.I'm not taking it in for them to do that when that's not the problem.just want to get a lawyer and get a civil case on them

Consumer Rating

My General Motors dashboard has cracked in two different locations. One above the instrument cluster and the other is located above the airbag on the passenger side. Is this covered by the warranty and if not, why not?

Consumer Rating

I have owned Chevys since my 1952 Chevy @ age 16 25 plus Chevys since but lately GM has gone to aluminum intakes and heads I have had to re-tighten intakes on my 89,93,09 Chevys you have to do this or gaskets will fail now on my second Chevy Duramax aluminum head gaskets have failed can get fixed for $6,622 yes a little over on mileage but this engine should go 500,000 miles only 160,000 miles on this one, had Chevy had a tightened the heads in a follow up would not have the problem I have now. Have talked to many Duramax owners with same problem. Next truck will be a dodge if I can't get them to fix it. Called consumer complaints that for no me no help the are a joke !!! complaint # 71-145 187 8651

Consumer Rating

I am so sick of the Buick Encore commercial, are they too cheap to make a new one? This commercial has been worn out!!! Please do it quick before my husband throws a shoe through the TV. Buick shouldn't be making such an ugly vehicle as the Encore anyway.

Consumer Rating

I purchased a new 1999 GMC and about the 3rd year I had a flat tire and "could not" get the tire lowered down from under the truck so called a repair man to do it in the middle of Northern Ontario's bushland and I never complained, just hoped you would make it better on the newer units.
I again purchased a 2006 GMC which I still drive and last month I had a flat tire at my camp in a remote area in Iron Bridge, Ontario. I again was faced with the same problem as the 1999 unit.

The jackdown lowering contraption was still faulty, I was unable to get the jack handle into the insert to turn the jack down. I could shove the rod into the hole in the back bumper but couldn't line up the square hole 3 feet in at the jack, so I had to repair the flat on the truck by calling my brother-in-law to come out 50 miles with a repair patch and air compresure. My complaint is, "why don't you put the jack handle into the jack when you build the unit and just leave a few inches left just inside the bumperlock to hook into, to find the hole 3 feet in and line it up is redicules.

I had to go to a tire shop and have them cut and grind the tire jack down in order to get the tire off.now my spare lies in my backyard because I have nowhere to put it and it takes up too much room in the box. I will always drive a 4 X 4 truck but if your problem is not remmedied by the time I purchase another truck you can be SURE my next truck will be a ford.

Consumer Rating

To whom it may concern, I purchased a new GMC Denali on 5/7/2012 and have had numerous problems from the very beginning. I was approved for 0% financing and drove the car home. After a few weeks I received a phone call from the dealership I purchased my vehicle from telling me that my loan did not get approved for the promised 0% financing, after all the papers were signed and the car was already in my possession!

I have NEVER heard of a professional company reneging on a signed/sealed agreement, such as this. This is not only poor business practice, but illegal as well.

Meanwhile I'm continuing to make payments on my vehicle, while very dis-satisfied with this situation and the damaged vehicle.

Below is a list of the problems with my brand new $60,000 vehicle:

1. The dash board was cracked
  2. Defrost broken- back rear window
  3. AC seats malfunction
  4. stains on the seats
  5. key gets stuck in ignition constantly
  6. blood found on leather
  7. blind spot warning signal for approaching vehicles stops working intermittently
  8. scratches on dashboard
  14. paint chips on trunk
  15. middle passenger stick/ wont go back up after folding
  16. side passenger glass support scratched
  17. broken part on sun roof

There's been so many problems, hopefully my memory served me well and I listed them all.

I would appreciate an immediate response from you indicating a resolution to these problems. I would like to apply for a voucher for the myriad of problems that I've experienced. It is unacceptable to receive a car of this expense with these types of problems.

Consumer Rating

I purchased a 2013 GMC Sierra 1500 on December 15, 2012. The tires were lemons and I waited 3 weeks to get the new tires and after Autry Morlan Inc. in Sikeston MO put them on. The tires still were crap and Allen Christian in Dexter MO were the second opinion and they told me I needed new tires. This is a BS. I want new good tires.

1 customer agrees with this feedback

Consumer Rating

It's a shame that every part that I seem to get at the parts counter at the dealer ship here in gastonia nc is for one: over priced and then contracted out to mexico to make it. Just bought a 2000 gmc truck needed original wire plugs for the fuel pump one was $60 dollars plus and one was $28.00 plus. The 60 dollar one has four wires on the new plug from mexico. they are all white go figure. I have four different color wires on the truck and can't figure out what white wire goes where dealer says have to come back talk to service rep bunch of BS! The guy I bought the truck from bought an after market china built pump wires were coler coded I should have just went and got another china made pump I guess. GM has sold out like the rest going to take these high dollar plug in"s back tommorow get my money back and hit the junk yard at least they will be coler coded. There"s no need to ever go to a dealer for parts again same old aftermarket junk right down the street any autozone/advance/pepboys or hell drive to mexico probably give it to ya. Sinceraly: pissed

Consumer Rating

Bought a new vehicle off showroom floor began leaking oil. Was first told it was snow or moisture at mileage 5,200. Still leaked and returned to dealer at 7,000 miles. Was told it was a bad seal. Was given a loaner 2013 GMC Terrain which never got out of the parking lot due to brakes seizing up. Then was given a Pontiac G6 as loaner. Received a call stating while repairing seal cylinder was bad and had to order new one. Several days later another call stating that cylinder received was defective so dealership was going to remove another cylinder to match to. Now I don't trust engine after warranty expires. Cobbled up engine invites future problems.

Consumer Rating

2008 GMC Duramx leaking cooler lines.
This has been a problem on GMC trucks since 2004. You would think GM would either change vendor or include this service in trans warranty.
These are not cheap !!!! 700 dollars for a vehicle with 40000 miles .. its not right !!!!

Consumer Rating

GMC remodeled my kitchen. Signed a contract with the owner Gohar for $8,585 as he promised to stand behind the work. Their motto "We are leaders in client?s satisfaction and superb craftsmanship " to the contrary. My kitchen is falling apart. Granite seams are separating, the cabinets are falling down, the floor is warped. I called to advise, but received no call backs or answers to my emails because my contract was paid in full. I tried to mediate my dispute with the BBB, but Gohar refused to cooperate. I sued Gohar the owner and Registered Agent of GMC Construction in Prince William District Court, and won on 03/19/2013, however to date he refuses to pay the judgment. I filed a judgment lien against the company. Please learn from my mistake. Do you homework before doing business with this company. Review the BBB complaints and their "F" rating.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by E. Bennett on 08/31/2013 at IP address 69.140.41.38 using our GMC Construction, Woodbridge, VA complaint form. This opinions contained in this GMC Construction, Woodbridge, VA customer review titled, "Remodel Disaster" do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Consumer Rating

I bought a buick rendevouz ive had it almost a year the other day driving on the highway the logo across top of the hood came flying off. Went to the dealer told me in all their years theyve never seen anythingblike this but would cost me over 300.00. to replace. I have to pay. Ive had cars since the age of 17 im in my 50's now i have never, ever had a logo come flying off a car. Buick/gmc should replace it!

Consumer Rating

The rear hatch on my GMC Denali will not unlock and therefore cannot be opened. I have done some research, and it does not appear that there is a manual release ont the inside,and there is no key lock on the outside. In addition to being an inconvenience in terms of a repair, I would suggest to you that this could be dangerous for anyone trapped in the rear of the vehicle with no possible method of egress if the forward part of the vehicle was not an option, (fire etc). I'm surprised that there have been no recalls or government involvement, perhaps someone has to be injured or die before GM might make a change

2 customers agree with this feedback

Consumer Rating

I am letting you know about an accident caused by a defective GM vehicle. On June 2013, my husband and I were test driving a 2009 Chevrolet Traverse when the vehicle stalled and came to almost a complete stop. Because of the malfunctioning of the vehicle, we immediately had to put the hazardous lights on to alert drivers of the complications we were having. Nevertheless, we both were injured and were hospitalized when a vehicle hit us from the back/passenger side. We were under the Doctor's care for a little more than 6 months. The vehicle we test drove was from the Jack Winegardner Chevrolet Dealership. The dealership was notified of the incident and paid us the PIP but no additional compensation. Is this the normal procedure behind an incident when an accident occurs involving a vehicle owned by General Motors?

1 customer agrees with this feedback

Consumer Rating

I own a 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt that I bought used from a dealer in March 2011. Since I have owned this car I have had a problem with the traction control light coming on and car shifting rough. I have had the car repaired every year since I have owned it and have spent around $1500.00 on repairs for this problem. The last coming in June of 2014. The solenoid was replaced at a cost of over $220.00. The problem seemed to be fixed until this morning January 26, 2015. Light is back on. Car shifting rough. I have a 6 year loan on this car and still have 2 years left. Chevrolet needs to address this problem as I have seen many complaints from cobalt owners experiencing the same problems. This is a safety issue due to the fact the car jerks when shifting and you could lose control of the car.

Consumer Rating

I just want to know what happend to GM? They used to make great cars and now all I assocate General Motors with is union strikes and cheap quality vehicles. I bought my last GM car a few years back. It was a Chevy Monte Carlo and it will be my last. Engine leaks, transmission slipping, electronic problems, all after only a few years. I will stick with foreign made cars, and that's hard to say as a partriotic American!

Contact the General Motors Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to General Motors. What is their corporate mailing address?

• 300 Renaissance Center
    • Detroit
    • MI 48265
  • I want to call the General Motors customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

313-556-5000
  • I need to visit the General Motors company website. What is their website address?