Family Dollar Complaints Continued... (Page 2)

603+ reviews added so far. Upset? Call Family Dollar corporate: 704-847-6961

I was overcharged for an onsale item. Instead of correcting before I ran my debit card they made me pay the wrong amount and reran card to credit my account. However they processed it as a debit. I contacted bank and they had to dispute the 2nd charge so I had paid the overage twice. I returned to store for refund showing the charge receipt as a debit and he said to get paperwork from the bank showing it was not a credit. I would have to pay more for the bank confirmation than the refund is so I am not going to do that so it's only 4.87 but its the principle. The manager spoke to me in Spanish so a clerk had to translate. I'm in Texas not Mexico. Shouldn't management speak English? How many others have they made money from this way?

Yesturday06-16-2019i went into family dollar store#5652 and i got abasket full of dog food cleaning supplies and bathroom supplies got to the counter and 2 cashiers accused me of stealing.i waited so they could check the camera and give me an apology.they said they will NOT APOLOGIZE BECAUSE I HAVE SOMETHING THAT BELONGS TO THE STORE.after about a horrifying 10-15 minutes of waiting for their verdict they asked to check me out.i said no mam absolutely not.i will never go there or any other family dollar PERIOD.SHE SAID GOOD YPUR RUDE ANYWAYS.i said rude you just wasted my time acvusing me of stealing and tarnisjed my character infront of all these people.then stacey if thats even her name said bye have a good day i said i wont thanks to you and she said well i will then i said im sure you will u got yor dramatic story for the day.needless to say ive been a customer for about 30 years but now to their rude wanna be the police cashiers accusing innocent people of theft ill not spend another cent there.

I came to shop in your Fayetteville, NC Family Dollar Store located off of Cliffdale. I believe it is store 9535 and when I arrived at the store between 4:30-5:00 p.m. on 6/14/2019 a young lady that was one of your representatives came to the door as she ushered two other ladies out and said I have to go to the bank. I was not allowed in the store, not given any time of return, and she went back in the store to lock the door. Is this protocal for Family Dollar? If so, this is definitely bad business principles that forces customers to take their business elsewhere. I live 5 minutes from Family Dollar and this forced me to have to travel out of my way to shop for my needed items. The representative was not compassionate about what I needed she was only concerned about her own needs. This is bad business.

Its hard enough to remember to bring a bag with you everytime. I dont mind even paying for them but to not even get around the corner and they have ripped apart. Now if i buy anything oversized you dont have a bag big enough. So the last time this happened i bought a couple of pillows and because there are no bags big enough, didn't buy them. So if this is worth it to you to and your business then I will purchase elsewhere ! You do realuze not everyone is putting things in their vehicles and do not take public transport during the week.

The lady from Family dollar on Marlton pike gave me a fake 20$ bill.

I have your ad for this week which ends on 6/15/19 . I was trying to purchase the cordless screwdriver for 15.00 and I visited 3different location and all of them said that they hadn't received this product. I even called the 260 Euclid location and read what it said in the paper and she said that she had the item but when I arrived at that location she told me they didn't have it (plus before I could finish the conversation she hung up on me. Please respond

The store and coolers are nasty. The isle have stuff you need to walk around. Love the store just hate that the store is not kept clean. Will send photos if you would like. Have told employees and nothing has been done for months.

Family Dollar Manager at store 12283 was very racist and disrespect to a group of black women who was ask for refund. The manager told they could not read because the was black. The manager call the police instead of gave them their money and de-escalate situation, The lied to the police office that they call her racist name so she can have them band from the store. I told manager gave them their money a let them leave the store to stop all of the arguing and the police don't need to be involve. Manager told the police office to band all the black women including me. The police office told her no she could not band me because I was help to solve her problem and she became very angry about it. Manager created a hostile shopping environment for everyone that was on the store. Manager need to be reprimanded and take sensitivity classes. The whole situation was uncalled for and all the manager need to so was give the customer her money back.

I have been a customer for a very long time and I am dissapointed and disgusted on how this assistant manager has treated us on a daily basis and how I heard this lady talk to other employees why would you hire some one like this and on top of that has a daughter working in same store and was fired from Cassie's for embezelenig money both mother and daughter please do something about thisThe names are Tammi this store number is 1244 in Danville ill

I am writing about the Family Dollar located at 6621 Southside Dr Louisville, Ky 40214 This store has been closing everyday @ 3 pm due to the air conditioning unit being out. That is what the sign on the door is saying. Also, before this issue they are opening at 11 am not at 8 due to not enough staff. That was another sign on the door. This is the only store like this in the neighborhood. And has a lot of residents upset about the closing. It is located right by apartments and a subdivision. Your company is missing out on a lot of money due to repairs not being made nor having enough staff to open on time of close at regular time. I have been a loyal customer for years. This is the worse i have seen this store. I hoping things can get fixed and more staff will be hired so the store can be back on schedule for the residents who rely on this Family Dollar for daily needs.

I go to the Family Dollar located at 611 Washington Street Whitman ma 02382

I go to this location a lot for products I need at home along with work. I am a retail manager I have never see such poor customer service as I do at this location. not only are they rude, swear at each other with customer in the store, but just today 6/13/19 as I was shopping I had the clerk come down the back of the store and was told I needed to cash out right now or leave right now with out the stuff. He told me " I have been here all fucking day alone and need a Fucking break! as he was cashing me out he was tell all customer coming they had to leave. this is very poor service. Again you can not bring you kids in this store because The crew there swear and just do not care that there are children in the store. I think I will be doing my shopping at Dollar tree from now on they have respect for there customers.

Manager says she is too busy to exchange my stuff? I’m the customer! Jessica at the Fulton family dollar

It is horrible that I have to listen to employees playing music using the (NIGGER) word in it hen I am trying to shop. I reported this to the manager a couple of months ago and she said she would make sure the employees stop playing that kind of music ). Today I went into that same horrible family dollar store and there was a (White) employee playing loud rapper music with the NIGGER word in it. I go to many family dollar stores and never hear this kind of offensive racist loud music playing in their stores. This store is in McKeesport Pa located on Versailles avenue. and it is horrible. I told the white girl playing the music loudly it was offensive. I have went in that same store several times and Black people were playing rapper music with the (Nigger) word constantly being repeated in the music loudly. I told the supervisor today (6.12.2019)no one especially Black people should have to shop in a business with the ( Nigger) word being constantly repeated loudly in the music for the customers to hear it is a business. The top manager never stopped it months ago and lets the employees do anything in that horrible store. I love going to the other family dollars they don't have any of that Racist Offensive horrible (Nigger word music) playing for all customers to hear. THIS STORE IS AWFUL
PLAYING ( MUSIC WITH THE NIGGER WORD IN IT) AND THE TOP MANAGER DOES NOTHING TO STOP IT I REPORTED THIS BEFORE MONTHS AGO TO HER. Maybe the only way to stop this is to report it to all the news channels because it is horrible to have to listen to the (NIGGER) WORD IN A BUSINESS

I was at Store #06766 and the entire time and the checkout counter the worker was on the phone. Not one time did she say anything to me. She didn’t greet me she didn’t thank me for coming in and even when I put my card in too soon and had to remove it and reinsert, she still stayed on the phone. At some point common sense should tell you to at least greet the customer. People like that should not be the face of your brand. Very rude and unprofessional. If I could take away that one highlighted star I would.

I shop a lot at family dollar at 8330 w judge Perez dr in chalmette, la. 70043. For the last 3 days they have been out of milk, any kind of milk. Tonight I went back again and a private truck pulled up with a refrigerated trailer on the back. The employee said that might be the milk. Now is that said or what. Very unprofessional.

Yes i was hired as a temp for remodel on niles in bakersfield california. Well i worked 5 days one of those days i wasnt clocked in the whole day they said they would fix it i dont know if they did anyways well i had last saturay off went to work the next morning they told me no hours sent me home. That was 5 days ago no one will tell me anything deborah the manager told me she would call me but hasnt this isnt an on call job i feel like im termed but they wont give me my check. I feel like my check is being held hostage .. They dont answer me dont telll me any information. Also they had the fire doors completely blocked to the celing, the whole ttime i was there if i wanted water i would have to have my own cup and get it fron the bathroom sink thats gross also the lady from dollar tree who was running the remodel martina was using foul language on the floor with customers there. Very unproffessional . i want my last check this is wrong what there doing to me my employee number is 6510293 kathleen layton 6616345898 thank you for your time. She also said i would get paid last friday which i did not. Very unproffesionall and very hot and dirty.i have never had any employer treat me like this . i have picures and correspondence. I wasnt my last check i feel i was termed but not told. I still dont even know how much i was making an hour they had me come in an hour early and stand around waiting. Off the clock the whole time i dont think i got paid for the two hour onboarding. either.

I sit a do the digital coupons app to save money nothing has ever worked. I have sent three emails no response.looks like I will spend money elseware.

Worker at the store # 08696 on Wilson Ave in Louisville KY is very rude. Told to leave bags at counter, then saw her going through my bags. Will not leave them at the counter. Don't know her name, but she's black with bleach blonde hair in front. She's new, never had any problems before her.

I went to the one on 3435 Roosevelt Hwy, Atlanta, GA 30349
I started to shop I realize I need a buggy Ilooked for one in ths store
I ask the cashier she told me to look out side, I didn't see one she told me to look in
the park lot If i could have have I would looked I have had a coulpe of strokes if I could
have I would I just put everythink I had in my hands down and walked out.

I was in the store one night to get beer. I picked up a few cans and I picked one up and got sprayed
with cold beer! There was 2 punctured holes in the can! All the girls didn't DO A THING!! One girl
was stocking cigarettes, the manager was off-work, she sat there in a short dress. Not even an
apology! "Hey, I'm not working." She said!
This store is in Tampa, Florida. N. Nebraska and Bougainvillea and needs to be SHUT DOWN!
People are rude and it's always a mess!

I went in to the store at Lad PalMas on Castroville rd. On Friday June7,2019, to refund a blouse I purchased just 2days earlier on June4,2019. Melody was the person at counter. She had a attitude from the start. She toke the blouse out of the boat,and said it felt wet?? I was in shock!!! The blouse was not wet. She then says " in the future f you bring in unpurchaseable items,we will not take them back!" first of all unpurchaseable is not a word 2nd the short was in perfect condition with tags still on it.and. I was so humiliated to be talked to like that by someone so unprofessional. Her family dollar shirt was 2sizes to small,get pants were faded beyond their original color,and she still has stains from her breakfast or dinner the night before on her shirt. I am always treated poorly at this store. But this went to far. I want to be put in touch with a higher up,not just her store mngr.I'm furious.

The service in the store will make no one in this area shop there the assistance manager she say was very rude to kids entering the store the young girl had money in hand wanting to buy things i notice how nasty rude this so called manager was i will no longer use THIS family dollar nor send family or friends to this located family dollar

I live in Buffalo,NY someone stole $164.49 off my Green Dot debit card at store #6228 in Phoenix, AZ on 6/8/2019. I filed a complaint with the Bureau of Investigation here in Buffalo.

I walked in to Sanger Family $ and was confronted & yelled at by the asst. manager who showed me a picture off his phone of a women who was clearly not me and told to leave the store being called a thief in front of multiple customers in which some I knew and when I asked him to look at the pic again he refused because I was trying to show him I just had open heart surgery and tattoos on chest and shoulder and the lady was of a different race and had different eye color. I left the store in tears as he followed me to front door as he was shaking and made me feel intimidated and felt like he was actually gonna hit me. I am a regular customer and I have never been treated in this manner and am very insulted and embarrassed by his actions. Please contact me at+16612044039. Thank you, Shara Soliz

My mother and I visited store #10354( 18024 Little York) . We added the smart coupons to our order. We each had 1 gain fabric softer and gain pods. Each item should of been 2.95 with the coupons. When we went to be checked out the computer would not accept the smart coupon. We also tried entering our phone number. The male cashier said he Had experienced this type of error before. When I requested that he adjust the price or override it, we were told that’s was against store policy and it was considered stealing. We left without purchasing the items. I went to a competitor and purchased the items.

I have sent you an email prior and have had no response. I bought several shades from your store in Jacksonville nc. Wind was blowing and receipt blow out of hand. I have two bad knees and could not run to get it. One shade I could not use. I tried to return and the cashier would not allow it. I shop there all the time. I was not asking for money back. When I approach manager she was very rude and would not acknowledge me at all. She said no very sarcastic. I told her I was contacting held office she said go ahead I don’t care. I will never shop there again. Personal terrible. I go to the one on Gumbranch Rd. Jacksonville NC. I have never heard of a store that would not let you exchange item. I have heard of not giving money back but never this. I will post on Facebook how I was treated, also call better business bureau.

I was in your store Peralta Nm store on 6/9/19 at 840 pm. The assistant manager was outside on a personal phone call and the cashier inside had 6 customers in line . I later was approached by a an assistant manager by the name of Diane. She informed me that the store closed in 5 minutes and we needed to hurry because the registers shut down at 9. I said ok we are almost done. I told her that if someone’s in the storeb before the store closes you can’t kick them out she said yes it’s our policy they have to be done by 9 registers shut down at 9 . I asked her so if I’m the 3rd Person in line and your store closes at 9 we can’t purchase our stuff she said I’m not going to argue with you . I asked her again and she stated I don’t write the policy those are the rules. All customers have to be out by 9 regardless of transactions are completed and if they aren’t out we call the police to have them removed I was a little shocked that you’d rather lose business and treat your customers as criminals so your stores can shut down at 9 on Sunday and not service your customers . The store has lost its value in customer service and I believe there should be a undercover CEO or General manager to really review your stores and see what’s truly going on. We as customers fill your shelves and if that’s how your managers are running your stores it’s very poor customer service.

I bought some clearance items at your West Town store in Dayton Ohio. There were at least 5 signs saying clearance items were 50 percent off. I was not given the 50 percent off so I went back to the store to get back the amount I overpaid. and at first I was told they would give me back the amount I over paid. Then the manger changed her mind and would only give me a refund of the whole amount but because I used a Smart coupon I would lose the $5. from it.she then got angry and told me to leave the store. I want back the money I was over charged and a apology for the manager who coped an attitude when it was clearly the fault of the store who did not remove the clearance sign. If the employees there played less they remove expired price signs and put the prices on other items tat have no prices on them. They always get annoyed when you ask the price of unpriced items.

Mr Levine! Your employees are working in a heat inferno! I have been in the store 3 times this week and the employees are working in this store without AC. Get it fixed! This is wrong! Customers not shopping just walking in and out of the inferno.

I’m a thru-hiker on the CDT (Continental Divide Trail) and I went to the family dollar in Leadville Colorado for a resupply and I know I’m a bit dirty and weathered after 1200 miles of hiking thru the Rockies but that doesn’t mean I deserve to be treated well I don’t know There’s no class of person or animal I would treat that way. The lady freaked out when I walked in and started hollering, then she said my backpack wasn’t allowed I explained it was basically my purse because all my pockets were ripped out and it had all my money and personal affects in and I wasn’t comfortable leaving it where anybody could walk off with it. I told her none of the other stores had a problem including the many Family Dollars I had resupplied at in the last 1200 miles. She yelled she was calling the police and got on the phone. It was blatantly ridiculous. So I resupplied at Safeway,where nobody even noticed my backpack and now I have to put on the CDT page that the FD in Leadville is definitely not hiker friendly so others don’t get treated like this.

Mesa Az Dobson&Emelita ave. I am no longer going to this store because every single time I go there you raise your prices. They are now ridiculous for over 90% of your inventory and I've been going here since it opened. Several other longtime customers are doing the same.

I go to the family dollar on 1908 lake worth rd.in Florida. I'm tired if paying 2 different prices for incontinence pads that I buy every week. I'm charged $9.75 with no taxes then I go in today and there is taxes. $10..43. Its never the same price. Those girls are rude,nasty and horrible. I'm white and I feel discriminated against.

Manager at regester refused to accept smart phone coupon for 1.00$ of pack of Marlboro cigarettes said we have problems reading with our scan wand.So i paid full price and informed her you refuse this coupon every time you are here , while the other employees never do. And i will log a complaint. Have a good day....Her quote was whatever see if if care!!!!

I was looking at the clearance clothing wear and when I went to check out the register girl rsmg up this clearance outfit for $6.00 ..

when I asked the cashier if it doesn't can I bring it back?? Then the store manager Sonja interrupted me and SAID that I had changed the clearance tag to $4.00..and I said I did no such thing

I agreed to pay the $2.00 difference but the store manager Sonja wanted to argue with me and call me a list and said she saw me change the tag..then I told her shes wrong....

Long story short...to whomever is reading this' his and hurtful accusations has caused me to reach a high level of anxiousnezs and a sense of being poorly judged and discriminated against so let on my appearance...

Btw,my entire wardrobe just so happens to consist of appearal that I purchasrroe fm your company store(314-353-5365 store #06066 8417 Gravois Rd Afton Missouri 63123)

I was wrongfully accused of tag swapping, I did not do that now would I ever do something so petty for a lousy $2.00 discount! Let me explain ...

I am a devout Christian woman. I am disabled and on a fixed income..i get by just fine with what I have. I am a happy person that enjoys a simple life..i am quiet person whom treats others with respe t & I assure you I am not ever without my manners...

I'm not sure what proper protocol is for filing a formal complaint so I started with the incident
I'm frazzled, I'm so upset I must come off sounding ridiculous but I'm overcome with emotions right now! Ugh! Help!!!

I've not ever filed a complaint or a greivence in my 48 yrs alive until right now so I apologize for this letter being "all over the place...

my feelings are seriously hurt...store manger Sonia was rude & wrong..

Right Wrongs Nobyody!!!.

Corperate store employees are to follow proper protocol and contact local police and properly report store incidences or report to in-store security officers and have another additional eye witness to any accusations of any alleged forgery/ theft etc due to the careful nature not to infringe on one's civil rights or verbally acoust, or insult,assault etc etc..they are to avoid these situations and report them accordingly so things don't escalate to physical assaults to avoid incident and harm to property and avoid a heated argument to cause harm to employees / costumers...

but Sonia took matters into her own hands and was rude, accused me of all ppl of criminal fraudulent intent and cursed foul language at me that I could have her arrested for 3rd degree assault & yes..i do have an additional witness....

im contacting you first before the police, ..before the evening news....

i would like for her be fired however, as I said before I am a devout Christian woman so i am suggesting she be reprimanded accordingly for wrongfully accessing and demanded & commanding me stating I cannot return to thestore premises simply because I stood up for myself..i was treated poorly.

it's not against the law to be rude it is however a 3rd degree assault to scream the word "F or U nlawful C carnal K knowledge" followed by th word "YOU"..ugh...im disgusted by foul language!

So I'm insisting she receive some stern conversation , she needs to get yelled at by a corporate boss ..possibly the kind that makes her cry and maybe even feel bad about!

what she did..also requires a full duration of sensitivity courses are in order as well as a couple Sale Carnagie course starting with "How to win friends and influence ppl due to Sonia complete ignorance of processing ppl skills..she has zero people skills and she is your store manager...in addition I would like your permission to shop at your store..i scope there often and a lot & have a fantastic repose with all of your other employees,..i would like for Sonia to share the same repose as Mike for instance...iplease call me at 31r4-956-5138 or reply here.with the best rebuttal written by your Top Corperate Problem Solver so we can all go about our daily business and move on.

Thank you for your time & patience with the grievance & complaint..im embarrassed and I have done nothing to deserve this but if I do nothing about the incident then I would not stood up for myself, if I don't stand up for myself then instead of being embarrassed I would surely feel ashamed

Heather Hefly
4670 Tieman Ave
Afton MO 63123
314-956-5138

I would like to bring attention to the garbage all over the parking lot at the Family Dollar located at 6513 Clark Avenue Cleveland Ohio, store#11537.I live a few doors down and I am great full for the store. I shop there daily. but I spend of time making this street clean of garbage. and look good. the parking lot is a disaster .there was a small can for trash that was all ways full but now its not even there. please take care of this problem. thank you for your time and under stand how important this is.
your neighbor
Larry Sigley

Not sure what the young lady attitude was about visit this wendover location often have been doing so fo 10 plus years loyal customer familiar with all the employees but Tuesday night in a rush to catch them before they close i went to the cashier by th ed name of Marcia ask her where to find the candy and she said i dnt know im new and she cnt help me she advised me to walk up and down the isle til i find it like everyone else i know all the managers there i spoke to the one th here that night about it and allowed him to dtand by me as i addressed the young woman about her unprofessional behaviour and she continued with it in front of the manager who did or said nothing

Store manager Marie said I couldn't return 1 pair of jeans brought June 5,2019 one day after purchase for a refund. She says I could only get a store credit for anything over 5.00. My purchase was 15.50. The policy in store do not say that. Because of her very nasty attitude, police were involved. She also took off her name identification hiding it from me. Police received her name. I don't understand. This was at family dollar on Main street in East Orange Nj. Thank you very much.

My name is Joel Lamar Folson, employee # 6429798. I was working @ store number 8924 located on the corner of W. 7 mile & Telegraph. Once the inventory was almost gone, I quit. The employees were a bunch of thieves. The police were there almost every other day. That may be one of the reasons why they closed. I'm trying to apply at store #8997 located at 22200 W. Grand River Detroit, Mi. 48219. So, I filled out the application, visited the store, spoke with the store manager, (Lisa) she informed me that I could not be rehired? Someone please explain to me, why? I really need this job. I'm ready to start Monday. What do I do?

I was returning 2 brooms to get one larger one and a CD. He did not refund my returns to be reflected in my total price. he under paid me for my return. It should have been $4.26. He underpaid me $2.13 for one. He is a crook. I gave him $20.13 for my balance. He did not present the refund so I could see it & count it. This is a bad employee & I see by your reviews this is the norm for your chain. I'm taking this to my Better Business Bureau to see you shut down! When I was leaving the store, a lady came after me to say it happened to her too.

RUDE EMPLOYEE: Worst I've EVER encountered in any retail business in my life!!! At Store # 12310 36 Spencerport Road, Rochester, NY 14606-5206 Today June 4th at 8:25 am I made the Huge Mistake of entering this store to shop as a customer looking for clothespins. I feel that you as manager or your corporate office be immediately informed and take measures tom reprimand or punish his mean, nasty indignant person with and attitude with up to and including suspension or termination. I encountered the devil incarnate himself employee in the form of a late teen Black employee with dreadlocks(no racism here only way to identify him to Store manager- didn't get his name-) As I entered , I noticed the store was almost 90%dark as if there was a power failure as there was only a sliver of a few fluorescent bulbs lit. and there was no one around to ask or service my inquiry. No One was up front at the register and someone could have ran off with arm loads of merchandise and candy.This young black kid walks buy gives m a quick glance and I ask in a joking manner " somebody forget to pay their electric bill" he just ignored me and kept walking. I thought he was a customer, and didn't need to answer me or have that authority. I found out later that that was trouble ahead waiting to happen After wandering up and down several aisles I went back to the same teenage young black guy who I now saw was an employee with a name tag and store vest ( didn't get the name- didn't need to( I thought) he was kneeling at an end cap stocking lower shelves with juice. The conversation went like this almost word for word( honestly)
HIM So... " What do you really need to know that for"
ME: " Because I want to know if the store is actually open for business or you just stocking or doing inventory with the doors unlocked( sensible question!)
HIM: "Snotty and Angry raising his voice" You're Standing in front of me aren't you, doesn't that answer your question that the store is open"! The intimidate attitude chip on the shoulder is coming on strong now, I'm getting really angry upset and aghast at this guy talking to me.
ME " But If I wanted to buy something there is no up front to cash me out ?"
HIM: "Hey. not your concern, I'm here you're standing in front of me, does that look like no one is here to wait on you!"
HIM: " NO!"
So There Rude Excuse for an Employee have blown the whistle on You all The way to Corporate

HIM: " NO!"

I was shopping at your store. I pulled up next to a car as someone was smoking meth in a one of those bubbles I wanted to the store if my shopping I come up to the cash register and it was the same lady that was sitting in the car smoking the bubble she was acting all silly stupid her name tags at Kim I forgot the store in Ocala Florida at Martin Luther King a27 started to report her to the manager but I left it alone the woman needs to be dealt with her drug tested I will notgo to family Dollar no more and spend any of my money he kept messing up a cell I had to wait for at least 10 minutes for her just to ring up 7 items someone that would work in their told me her name was Kim Hill

My 18 year old daughter visited the store on 674 hwy 138 in riverdale ga. And bought what was supposedly be on sale pepsi 3 for 10 but when got to check out she was told thar they was not on sale the coca coca was so when she went to exchange them the still changerd her 15 dollares for the cocas and when my daughter ask why it was still 15 dollars the lasy said the chager her to do a exchange.so my daughter said she wasnt going to get them the lady said well i already rung them up and i will have to call my manger so when manger came up my daughter ask why she was still paying 15 dollars for the drinks and he went on to say do i need to call the police or do i need to take my earings off so my daughter went and bought the stuff and while she was leaving the store another women came out that works there and ask her do she know who shes fucking with so my daughter came home in tears and i tryed to call back to see what went on and the lady said bitch you must dont know who you talking to so get iff my phone and hung up.thanks fir the nice employees you all have and i will take this to my lawyer for more .im a police officer myself and will not be done this why thanks.mrs curry

Shopping with my son and needed a cart . There was an empty cart on my aisle. So, we used it. About 10 mins laywrl

Went to Family Dollar at 3300 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh PA today. No one greeted me coming in. They were having a personal conversation with each other. They seemed preoccupied and nonchalant even at checkout. There was roudy and inconsiderate outburst etc. This was an atmosphere that I've never experienced at this store.

I asked an employee could my toddler use the the restroom while she was talking to another employee and she walked off from her coworker and saying I don’t think it works and started taking things out of a box. There was no out of order sign on the door so I asked how do the employees use the restroom and she said we walk across the street to Stripes. This employee (Jasmine) at the store on Fondren Road #11983 was rude. After I asked to use the restroom and she said she didn’t think it work she walked toward a box to put things away. I thought she was going to get the key so I stood there with my toddler for about 20 seconds and asked “does it work or not?” and she said “No”. She was very dismissive and had an attitude for no apparent reason. So I left and asked the Stripe employees if that was true and they said No they do not. I live in the neighborhood and go to this store pretty much everyday. No one should be treated that way. Especially a paying customer. I will not give this company my hard working money anymore!

While making a purchase at store #01469 located at 1655 Memorial Drive SE Atlanta, GA ( 06-05-2019 11:32:52) I observed the cashier, who was not wearing a name tag nor does her name appear on my receipt, improperly place items in the customer ahead of me. For example, she placed a large carton of orange juice on it's side in his bag. She appeared to be annoyed with him but, I was unsure if it was the case. Next, after I made my purchase of two small Sterlite Clip storages boxes, she became annoyed with me because I requested a bag for my purchase after she apparently expected me to leave the store without one. She then, slowly separated a plastic bag for my purchase, placed the items in the bag on the counter and simply, stared helping the next customer. She made no attempt to turn the bag handles toward me, move the bag toward me or, acknowledge the end of the transaction. I am highly offended and dissatisfied with the customer service at this location after spending my money. I made two attempts to contact the store manager by phone to no avail. No one answered the phone. I trust someone will address this issue.

Manager was very rude and yelling at me in family dollar until we got into a verbal altercation. I was trying to purchase some items and I felt that the price didn't add up to what the cashier was charging. So I asked her what did I buy? I just wanted to go over the items and check the receipt but before I could even ask the manager came over and rudely said without checking any receipt it's 14 dollars either you want it or you don't. So I told her no I don't want it. Because she was so rude and didn't allow me to check the receipt before I paid. She told me I was rude to her cashier which I was not. And began yelling at me to get out of the store because I didn't want to purchase the items. She was yelling at me in front of the whole store. At that point we got into a verbal altercation and I told her she was very unprofessional and didn't need to be in a management position if she was going to argue with and be rude to the customers. I felt provoked into a verbal altercation and I have no understanding as to why? I just wanted to see my receipt and was not trying to be rude.

Customer Copmplaint RE: Store # 12310 Rochester NY June 5th
36 Spencerport Road
36 Spencerport Road, Rochester, NY 14606-5206
Today June 4th at 8:25 am I made the Huge Mistake of entering this store to shop as a customer looking for clothespins. I feel that you as CEO or your corporate office be immediately informed and take measures to reprimand or punish his mean, nasty indignant person with and attitude with up/to and including suspension or termination.
I encountered the employee in the form of a late teen Black employee with dreadlocks (no racism here only way to identify him to Store manager- didn't get his name-) As I entered , I noticed the store was almost 90% dark as if there was a power failure and there was only a sliver of a few fluorescent bulbs lit. and there was no one around to ask or service my inquiry. No One was up front at the register and someone could have ran off with arm loads of merchandise and candy.This young black kid walks buy gives m a quick glance and I ask in a joking manner " somebody forget to pay their electric bill" he just ignored me and kept walking. I thought he was a customer, and didn't need to answer me or have that authority. I found out later that that was trouble ahead waiting to happen After wandering up and down several aisles I went back to the same teenage young black guy who I now saw was an employee with a name tag and store vest ( didn't get the name- didn't need to( I thought) he was kneeling at an end cap stocking lower shelves with juice. The conversation went like this almost word for word( honestly)
HIM So... " What do you really need to know that for"
The intimidation attitude ‘chip on the shoulder is coming on strong now’, I'm getting really angry upset and aghast at this guy talking to me.
ME " But If I wanted to buy something there is no up front to cash me out ?"
HIM: Hey. not your concern, I'm here you're standing in front of me, does that look like no one is here to wait on you!"
ME: O.K Answer This ! " Do you have wooden Clothes pins?"
HIM: " NO!" Fine " I'm outta here and going to report you and never setting foot in here again and going to write his to Corporate, Yelp and Facebook , gone Public
Please Rectify this situation and tell this person what customer service is all about and one hoorble experience announced publicly on social mefdai negates thousands of Dollars spent on adveytising in Print TV or good service on other worthwhile stores
CONTACT ME!
Thomas Boyce 157 Chestnut Ridge Road Rochester NY 14624- 3842 585-247-5878 boycetom47m@yahoo.com

36 Spencerport Road, Rochester, NY 14606-5206

ME Look ! You don't have to talk to me in such a snotty manner; you're rude"
HIM " I answered your question, how many times do I need to say it ( and around and round this went on for another minute or so with his voice increasingly getting louder, ME: O.K Answer This ! " Do you have wooden Clothes pins?"
CONTCT ME_ email or phone
Thomas Boyce
157 Chestnut Ridge Road Rochester NY 14624 585-247-5878

So There Rude employee!!

Family dollar away closes at 830 pm and the sign on the door say 10 on 6-5-19 my family was trying to shop they told us they were closing early there was at least 25 people at the door the manager on duty was nasty to everyone i took 10 pictures.so so.
You can see for yourself send me your email and i will send them to you. Thanks

I bought some little cans of diet cokes They were packed with the gator aide. When I went to put my bags in my car I picked up that bag and it hit the basket and popped the can. I asked if I could return it and she told me no. Did I drop it. I told her just what I just said. She said she couldn’t take it back. I asked if she couldn’t give it back to coke a cola she said no. I said I will call coke a cola she jumps up and says I am corporate. I said I didn’t say corporate I said coke a cola. She said where is it I said still in the basket she kept looking at me and told me to go get it. I brought it back in still in the basket. She did give me another but none of that was necessary. I feel she was throwing her weight around and needed me to know who I was talking with. I am corporate. I wanted to say I’m Dianne take your coke back to corporate and let them know how important you are. I will get on social media and let all my friends know how customers that spend their money at Family Dollar is treated. I certainly will be shopping Dollar General they try to hard to please their customers. Please let Miss corporate know she has lost Family Dollar several customers

I had made a purchase at the Family Dollar at store # 00292 4112 Raeford Rd Fayetteville,NC when I came home I tried my dress on and it was a little tight so I went to the Family Dollar store #00745 at 1322 Clinton Road Fayetteville,NC 910-323-9259 so I talked to the cashier about I wanted to do a exchange on my dress for a larger size he told me if I bought it from another Family Dollar that he would not let me exchange it I know that’s not right I told him I just went to another Family Dollar and they greatly exchanged it for a larger size. I told him I was going to call corporate he said he didn’t care. On his name tag it said Assistant Manager and his name tag said Rodney. He needs to be fired because if you are a assistant manager you know as long as you have your receipt you can make a exchange. My name isCONNIE MCNEILL 910-850-3372

I bought horizon organic chocolate milk at 2700 Gallatin road Nashville TN 37216, on 5/31/19 , and it was dated from March 2019, my child drank it and had a horrible experience.

There was a coupon that was still displayed even after the expiration date. I took it to the cashier and was told if it’s not in my smart coupon they can’t honor it. Of course it wouldn’t be on the smart Coupon app if it expired but if that sign was still up, it still should be honored. The mgr of the was very rude and non chalant. Any other store would have honored the coupon it’s only at store 05642 3179 Queens Chapel Rd Mount Rainer, Maryland that does not honor expired coupons, it is not the customer’s fault that they are still advertising coupons after its expired. I asked the Mgr for the corporate number and she keep saying the number so fast that I didn’t get it. This is the only store I get rude and nasty mgrs. I will definitely go to another location which is in Riverdale (which is out of my way)they always honor the coupons whether it’s in the smart coupon or not, they are very polite.

I had to go back to the store to have my rewards coupons deducted from the balance on my receipt. The manager asked sarcastically if I put my phone number in. I told her yes. I showed her my receipt when I first approached her. She said sarcastically again, all I can do is refund you what you bought and you would have to repurchase it. I said, do you mean I have to bring all that stuff back. She said no I can do it with your receipt. She had a very bad attitude. I told her I have complained about this store before. She said, well it must have not bothered you too much, you keep coming back in. She is a manager and couldn't apologize for the inconvenience I went through to have to go back to the store for my discount.

I can nerv sign in to my account or pull up the app when im in the store to get coupons.every time i sign its telling me wrong email or pass i did thi several times now i can't sign in or sign up again please fix your app problems thi is ridiculous. I tried several attempts and im quite suer you know this problem always happen after someone uses therr phone number then where out of our free spin fix this mess thanks i think

I ask for Grizzly scowl. He kept saying, That's cigarettes isn't it. i told himl no 3 times it is Scoal in a can. Right behind you. He would not turn around an look . i tol him it's right there behind you. Then he said we don't have any. So whatever else i had, I told him i didn't want anything an walk out. will not let that one wait on me again . Really Pissed Me Off.

A local family dollar closes there store at 9:50 every night..I went to open the door and two gentlemen told me there closed at 9:50 which is a lie they close at 10:00 and .I needed fever medicine for my daughter something needs to be done about this issue because I’m a loyal customer that shops here frequently.. And on top of that the manger had real nasty attitude.

You finally got rid of the incredibly lazy, rude, and unethical team you had... I was once a DM at a major box company, and the previous staff was an embarrassment. However, today, the associate that assisted me was incredibly kind and professional. However, since the remodel, you're stock isn't loaded on the shelves, and the store is a mess. When I inquired about product not in stock, I was told they have the inventory, but no one to help stock. I can't imagine sales are very good with nothing to sell. So I went from horrible creatures so called associates, to an amazing, customer focused associate.... With not much to sell. Can you imagine her frustration? The amount of customers treating her poorly because she's the only one to bitch out? And everyone expected the best? Your new staff on Monroe, in Ogden UT seems to care. More than any other that's worked there in the past. You get what you pay for, and you only sell what's available. Simple retail rules. They need serious help.

Every time this lady named holly is working at family dollar she is rude .today I asked to put extra bags on my groceries and she won't one reasons I walk 4 miles to get and buy at least 50-100 dollars worth of stuff twice a week.I had ice cream that would melt so until I get home a couple extra bags would help it not to melt. Also have 6 bags of cleaning products that are heavy and lost 3 items because she wouldn't put extra bags on the heavy items.I'm 65 and have to walk 4 miles there and back .I won't be spending my money any more .like a say I go atleast twice a week .I'll be sure to tell my friends not to go there either which they drive and can go back when she's not there .thank you susan tenney gassaway wv 26624

THE FAMILY DOLLAR IN GAINESVILLE AT 508 NE 23RD AVENUE STORE #08950 (I BELIEVE THIS IS THE CORRECT STORE #) IS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL, WHEN CHECKING OUT THE CASHIERS WERE NOT ONLY RUDE BUT PLAYING SOME VERY INAPPROPRIATE MUSIC. I CERTAINLY DID NOT TAKE MY FATHER TO THE STORE WHILE ON A VISIT TI SHANDS TO HEAR "FUCK THESE NIGGAS, GET PUSSY, GET MONEY" WHEN THE CASHIER REALISED THAT IT OFFENDED US INSTEAD OF TURNING IT OFF SHE TURNED IT UP. BOTH CASHIERS WERE AFRICAN AMERICAN AND WE ARE CUACASION, THE OLDER CASHIER MADE THE STATEMENT "I HATE WHEN THESE PEOPLE WAIT SO LATE TO DECIDE THEY WANNA SHOP" AGAIN WE JUST GOT INTO TOWN FOR A DOCTORS VISIT TO SHANDS THE FOLLOWING DAY, ALSO KEEP IN MIND IT WAS 7:30 PM AND IT SAID ON THE DOOR THAT THE STORE DIDN'T CLOSE UNTIL 9 PM. I AM FURIOUS AT THE RACIST TREATMENT WE RECEIVED, HAD IT BEEN US WE WOULD HAVE BEEN BANNED. I WILL BE CONTACTING AN ATTORNEY TO SEE HOW THIS CAN BE HANDLED IN THE EVENT THESE INDIVIDUALS ARE ALLOWED TO KEEP THEIR JOBS, I KNOW YOU HAVE CAMERAS SO THIS SHOULD BE EASILY VERIFIED. HAD MY 4 YEAR OLD GRANDDAUGHTER BEEN THERE TO HEAR THAT MUSIC I WOULD BE EVEN MORE FURIOUS, I CAN'T IMAGINE PEOPLE WANTING CHILDREN TO HEAR THAT CRAP. 06-02-2019 20:24:44 ARE THE DATE AND TIME RECEIPT NUMBER 08950 01 6506054 8854

The store is filthy and so is the parking lot and grounds attached.
3432 Frederick Road
Baltimore Maryland 21229

On a recent visit i spent 90.00 as I was checking out the old lady from the nursing home age wanted my social security number for ID i said no way. She already had my drivers license number. I used to do a lot of shopping there when Kevin Haskins was the manager it has went staight to hell. Winner family dollar is so nice neat organized and friendly. Chamberlain is an eyesore. employees talking and not working clothes on floor and boxes in the aisle cant find things.You never ever give out your social security number to anyone except tax person. this was very stresssful for me. if you don't want my business let me know. I would like an apology sent to me in the mail not email.

Manager store Miramar Pkwy F
1) Have Police record the mánager push my head
2) Only 1 cashier 15 20 min for pay
3) I like but Kirchne accesores in the Box, the need the see and when question If not like is possible return say the policy not accept returns and in not true.Is not final price.

On May 28,2019 I was in your store #07895 869.Morgantown Wv
Several signs around the store stating 50% off red dot items. And buy one get one 50% off second item. And when checking out nothing came out that way. I didn’t realize til I got home. The next day I returned to store and spoke to cashier whom looked at the receipt and said she didn’t know why it didn’t show right amount, but didn’t do anything just hand me items back.I would like to know if this receipt is wrong or right. Thank you Dusti Artice
28856 garret Hwy
Accident Md 21520
Dusti.artice@yahoo.com

Cashier Felicia at your W Oltorf and Congress in Austin Texas was cursing in Spanish about a man looking at razor blades never paying attention to customers wanting to check out. She was implying the man was trying to steal items. Talking out loud cursing him in Spanish with no regard for paying customers About a year ago she accused me being a "liar". I brought this to the manager but nothing was done so I stopped shopping there due to her "rudeness and poor personality ".I have 18 successful years in retail management and due to her vulgar personality I stopped shopping there. Today I just happened to be in the neighborhood Believe me I will not go back. This is a neighborhood store and serves repeated quality customers. I sincerely feel she needs to be friendly to customers and not treat us trash. I did not want to do this but her behavior is Ugly. This needs to be addressed by someone higher than the store manager as proof is they are friends Thank you my # is 512-593-0598

I had a very bad and I've had a very good experience I felt very discriminated I was made very uncomfortable I went in May 30th 2019 with my purse sealed completely shut guess I wear it over my shoulder towards my back there's two ways to carry my purse and when I go in the store to free up my hands I put it over my backside they were telling me I had to leave my purse I'm 46 years old I work hard I just was in there spent $80 with the same purse with no problems I go in May 31st I'm told I have to leave my purse with a front counter no that's not going to happen so my experience now is horrible that I am discriminated obviouslythe way the manager and the other woman that was working treated me right when I walked in as if I was a thief what is the day before they had no problem taking my money of $80 I just moved I'm buying thanks for my home and now in my neighborhood I'm very uncomfortable with one of my main stores no longer I will not shop there again they were so disrespectful so rude it was awful it was really really awful I didn't deserve that I work hard for my money and I would give money to anybody that needs it and the worst part is is that these women know where my job is and where I work so for them to assume because of what kind of purse I have that I'm a seed that's pretty sad real sad that they think they're better than I am well you can have your products from your store I don't need them and I don't need your customer service which is crap

Try to use the app coupons at checkout. It used an old coupon but did not use the $2 off one that I wanted. Tina the store manager came up there and could not help me. I was very frustrated and she accused me of being rude to her which I was not. She was very Curt to me and walked off. This is a new family Dollar store.my suggestion is that you get people in there that are customer oriented and not accuse customers of being rude. This family Dollar is located on Smithfield Road in Knightdale North Carolina

Letter of commendation: I want to commend your associates, Destiny, A.J., and John, at Store #03453. They are cordial, helpful and doing exemplary work. A.J., has gone "above and beyond", to fix items I thought were defective or show me "how it works." They go out of their way to show me merchandise I have overlooked. When I return an item, I am greeted with a smile. They are excellent representatives for Family Dollar Stores. Thank you sincerely,. A.J., Destiny, and John, for "Jobs well done". Marian Freeman

Manager Rose refuse to give me the corporate number to complain and told me I could get it online and also was rude while I was shopping. I simple asked for a restroom and she informed me that they didn’t have a public bathroom she was extremely rude about it and when I said well that must be new she said loudly and very rudely no it’s not new. Very very poor customer service, the store is very trashy and need some attention.

I just left the family Dollar on Cullen right by Walkin center they really need to check that store out, it's more stuff on the floors, u can't even walk around it's so nasty, I mean very very nasty today is May, 30, 2019 it's a shame for the workers in there to not to do there jobs.

The store is an absolute mess! There are many boxes in almost every aisle and no one is restocking the shelves. There were at least two workers standing around doing nothing, one of them was busy texting on her cell phone. They have been out of a certain product I usually buy for at least two months now. The outside front of the store is littered with trash all over the place. Overall, the store looks horrible, absolutely horrible!

I wanted this beautiful picture but it had 2 dings in it . I asked the manager if i can buy it at a discounted price but he said No.

I was with my brother and he stole something without me knowing and I got banned for it I wasn't even apart of it and yet I am the one getting banned for it also that's not even fair

Why does your store insist on putting stickers over the manufacture instructions? I purchased a bottle of Mr Clean which I have never bought before. Upon getting home I realized that a Family Dolaer sticker was pasted over the manufacture usage instruction. When I tried to peel it off the instructions came with it rendering the product useless. Is this a common practice? It is positively illegal to hide warning and instruction labels.

Worse than that I am out my purchase!

Some of them don't have respect for their customer they have long line with one person 2 out side smoking one walking around in store. One worker told a customer they do not take change money Poplar and Cleveland family Dollar

Dear Family Dollar Complaint Officer,

We were shopping today 5/29/2019 at store number 10679 at 12:45 pm with my four year old son and one and a half year daughter. The items we bought (four 1/2 gallon Breyers ice cream) was not the correct price at the register and a manger by the name of (Demetria, spelling). Had to make a partial refund as a result of the discrepancy of the displaced price and the price at the register. My four year old wanted a candy instead the MM's so I asked if that same manager make an exchange. At this point the manager became very rude and reluctant to any further help under the excuse that they already made a partial cash refund and she was not supposed to do that since the purchase was made on and EBTcard. Her register will be $2 short, the amount of the partial refund on the ice cream. I explained to her that it is her responsibility to do her job correctly and verify what payment method has been used. She showed me that her screen is refusing to make allowing her to make EBT refund and refused to move forward and left us waiting for another family dollar employee to finish her job. The unprofessional treatment at family dollar led me to talk to my son and explain to him how his desire to exchange has led us to this award situation and how the manager acted as if we were asking to something not entitled or paying for and that is was not her job to deal with us and that we were added burden. As a was explaining this awkward situation to my son, this manager confirmed that no one will complete our transaction and that we will need to leave the store and that she is the manager. I ask that you look into this type of treatment to your customer, I should not feel humiliated when shopping at your store. It is the customer that is the foundation of your business and should not be subject to mistreatment by your employee, please respond promptly to my complain with a satisfactory resolution. I can be reached at 713-885-7812 or by email h.astrophysics@gmail.com.

Dr. Haitham Abdelmoaty

If I could give the location in Maywood, Il on Madison no stars I would. I am a new homeowner and I have visited the location twice. The first time I experienced a cahier that was so rude that I requested my money back and drove to Melrose park and bought my items from Walmart. When I walked in that Sunday morning the cashier did not greet me nor did she greet me when I got to the register after searching for my items in this unorganized store for 20 minutes. There was clutter in the aisles and things on the shelf were out of place (a mixture of different products). The cashier had no knowledge and reeked of alcohol. I had a bottle of fabric softener that I didn't realize was leaking however, the cashier did and was willing to let me purchase it rather than say please get another. Her approach was less than friendly which was a turn off and I immediately left the store without purchasing my cart full of items. My second experience was no better. That Saturday afternoon I went to the store in a rush for WD40 because my garage door was stuck. when I walked in there were 2 young ladies at the register, 1 was tending to customers while holding a conversation with the other young lady behind the counter that was dressed in a sports bra and leggings. The store again was like a flea market. Things were cluttered in the aisle and there were mixed products on the shelves. I approached the young ladies to asked where to locate the item I was looking for and they had no knowledge and were irritated because I interrupted a conversation about why the cashier that was ringing customers up refused to come in the day before unless her hair was done. Again, I left the store without what I needed. I have decided to never visit that location until something is done about the poor customer service and the organization of the store. It's down right sad to see in a beautiful are that doesn't have many functioning businesses and I'm sure that this store won't be there long just like the Aldi that was located down the street. I intend to send this email to whom ever will make a difference until something is done.

Store #03574 3901 Cleveland Rd Dalton Ga 30721 looked like a tornado hit it it was so nasty the floors haven’t been mopped in months and clothes and shoes every where it was the nastiest I ever seen family dollar you had employees sitting around talking about going to the gym and stock sitting all over the store !! It was unreal !! The CEO needs to visit this location

I went into Family Dollar to purchase several items. I noticed that they had a clearance area with a sign stating that the items in red were an additional 50% off. At check out the cashier did not give me the additional discount. I requested that I speak to the manager. The manager stated that Family Dollar hires a contract company to do inventory and they placed the sign. The manager stated she would not honor the sign by taking the additional percentage off. I stated that when it is displayed that the customer should be able to honor the price. She was rude and stated she will not take any mark downs. I informed her that if she was aware that the contract company made a mistake why did she allow the display to be placed on the shelf. The corporate office should be called and the error should be corrected. However, the manager thought is was her best interest to be rude to customers. This Family Dollar is located 11253 Fondren, Houston, Texas 77096. I requested the Family Dollar telephone number and I called and was on hold for at least one hour before I hung up. Poor business. I have seen several compliants on the internet so how do you compensate for this . Please advise. Hopefully my attorney should not contact corporate for further resolution..
Thanks you.

Family dollar on 1st ave lyons , il I am not sure if it was assistant or the manager in the store , white guy with short beard, I had problem with simple mobile card that my sister purchased and went there for assitance , the guy was extremly rude , the way he talks I wonder if he had finished 2nd grade, horible horible horible , I use to love that store but this guy ??? Who hired him ??? I will never ever set foot in that store.

The manager was so rude to a customer today are used to go in there all theTime but now I don’t go in there anymore because The workers are so disrespectful

On March29,2019 I receive a phone call from my mom the my sister-in law the she have a problem at the store and one of the employer accuse false my sister-in law the she take a cell phone the belongs to her and her little son was use and the employer see the he take the cellphone from the store and they call police on my sister-in law and because I when to help her they say I can not go since the store open my sister-in law and my self we are customers since 5,6 years is not fair for something we not do they tell me the I can not shop in the store never give a paper in hand the I can not shop in the store so I want to clean my name me and my sister-in law Im going to talk to one of the store manager his name is Jesse avila

my phone number is (760)399-0574 for any questions feel free to call me thank you

Also I want to say the store is the only one always is here in the Little town we have

Store # 04574 is a disgrace it’s filthy there , the floors are dirty and stained .
The computer section to apply for a job has old empty or half empty gatorade bottles along with empty bag of chips . Broom is thrown on the floor , merchandise is always out of place.
Clothes are alway on the floor, dolly if blocking several aisles in the store . Boxes are in the middle of the floor as well . I’m very shocked that corporate office ignores this store . And that manager that you have her name is Michelle she doesn’t do a damn thing but sit on her butt must be nice to get a free check I might as well apply there so I can get a free check I’ll blend in just fine by not doing nothing like everybody else doesn’t . You have the laziest people working there it’s a hazardous place as well . Someone can get hurt there and believe me if they decide to sue Family Dollar ,,, Family Dollar will lose no doubt about it. after taking pictures and showing this to the judge family dollar will lose everything it will be a big settlement for the injured persons. I used to work there in 2005 and management was all up on everybody’s ass that store was kept clean at one time . It seems Mike stop caring about the store before leaving to retirement. And I’m pretty sure they gave this job to Michelle to be the next manager. You people are doing such a bad job, you don’t seem to care how the store is and you have a manager . That doesn’t know how to manage that store . she Is lazy herself. I’ve seen her sitting using her phone while a line is backed up . And reply is I’m on break, really? So the people have to wait longer to get checked out.
Common people I’ve been a customer for over 19 years and I’m very ashamed of this store , I’ve even talked to other customers and they agree that the store is totally dirty. I heard a worker say that Sales we’re down . I wonder why ? You need a new manager because that one just too lazy every time l go in there , l have my eye on her and she nothing to better the store . Even when she was a cashier she did nothing at all . This is terrible that corporate office just don’t give a damn . It’s time to hire new management and cashiers.
Many times l can’t to the merchandise because it’s being blocked with a dolly packed with boxes other boxes on the floor are in the way also not permitting baskets to get through. This mess is 24/7 including boxes in the way . Please do something about this store it’s been too many years being disorganized .

Employee tae tae is very rude. Everytime were in there which is pretty much everyday she rude with all the customers nothing is ever stocked there item shoved down where u cant get them n if u ask her to get it she wont n if u try n get it she gets really nasty n says ur not allowed.

I purchase an oscillating fan approximately 3 weeks ago and it abruptly stopped working May 25th 2019 I called the store in Lakeland Florida where I bought it at on the same date I called five times I never got to speak with anyone in customer service or otherwise it just rang and never it was answered I took the fan back today to try to get another one and they wouldn't give it to me so I left the fan in the store I didn't want my money back I paid cash for it 3 weeks ago all I wanted was another fan in the acting manager at the store located in Lakeland East 92 Lakeland is very rude. Saint for me that if I left the fan and we'll be going in the trash I asked her if she would scan the barcode she could trace it back that way till the day that day that was there money and paid and that it hadn't been brought back or no issues prior to May 25th 2019. Therefore the store has my broken fan and they are threatening to throw it away and I will have no proof after that did I even bought it there and I don't plan on purchasing friend next door again because of the way I was treated all I want is to be reimbursed for my fan I don't want money I want a new fan still brand new thank you. I may be contacted by the email address I provided with this complaint thank you.

I live in a predominately African American neighborhood where there are several Family Dollars and each one I patronize the clerks have a habit of referring to women of my color as mama. I have told them I would prefer to be addressed by maam and I have gone as far to tell them my name. Today I told one clerk my name . She went on to state she addresses all customers by mama. I would hope that does not include men. The next customer behind me was called maam. I had one clerk to state to me he addresses Black women by mother or mama because we are the mother of all. I know that is inaccurate and please tell your employees to have more respect. There are some of us who may not have children or maybe have children who have passes on before them and bei ng called mama by a stranger may hurt. In another store near me I was called mama by a Chinese man and I told him the last time I checked all my sons were Black. Referring to Black women as mama and older Black men as old school has become a trend in some areas especially blacki neighborhoods has become in my view as disrespectful. I did tell the clerk today the proper address for customers is maam or sir. I would truly appreciate if your company would address this issue with all employees. Thanks in advance!

I was treated horrible Gina store number 06470 I came in to do a refund on a shirt I purchased that was too small and I asked for two newspapers she said you can get one newspaper she was scream at me when my pregnant 8 months daughter happen to be shopping at the same and heard her yelling at me so I started recording this incident and the manager herself try and justify her a actions by saying she was have a bad day Gina should not be in customer services if she treats her customers this way at one point that was not recorded she called customers vogues waiting at door before store open this not the first time she was rude with me during my shopping experience at this store .

Store #11445 at 9:10 am on 5.26.19 went in to buy cigarettes only for the women behind the counter to busy counting money in her safe with her back to me blaring music to bother even acknowledging that I was even there. Then to act as if I inconvenienced her and when she had no clue the difference between any of the product her to slam doors and tell me I was wrong on what I wanted (really). She slammed doors 4 times and was acting pissed I walked in. My husband has been telling me for months he no longer goes there because people are rude. Thought you needed to know what kind of employees you have.

I was shopping at the family dollar in Baltimore at Waverly towers on 2-25-19 at approximately 350pm when i saw a female imployee going in a backroom where the door is never closed and while i could still hear her talking with some one back there i thought I'd stick my head in the door and ask where are the bead sheets. She then snapped on me rudely and said, you don't come back here the bead sheets are out there and walked back out. I then asked why are you being so rude and you still didn't tell me where it is. I explained i only stepped in the door way but still your attitude is unbecoming and rude it was then that another female then lashed out at me then ordered me out of the store after telling me to put down what i had. She then proceeded to shove me towards the door calling me names like snagga teeth. She pushing me with her breasts was equal to an assault and before the store cameras.

I am in Winnfield La. I went as I always do to Family Dollar to pick up things I need. I am leaving tomorrow to take my Grand child to NO to Dr.
I had 3 bags of things I really needed. When I went to pay her I gave her 100 bill. She rudely said she couldn't take it. She threw all my stuff to the side and that was it. She should have had a sign or something. There should have been someone to assist in that! I have never had this problem. All the other workers are nice and will help you. Maybe she is new, Her name is Ebony. So I walked out with nothing and she seemed to not care at all. I am very unhappy at this ser. We have a nice Dollar General I can shop at! I would appreciate you correcting this!

the staff is unprofessional and rude the store also had a dead rat under the the food shelf as well which I brought it to the manager that was on duty at the time he simply said oh well they don’t pay me enough pick that nasty thing up I believe if you’re there working you should take pride in the cleanings as if it is your second home because I’m sure that the pay they receive payment makes there house payment so I can imagine what there homes look like and smell like gross

I was treated very respectable upon trying to return a pair of sheets that once taken out of the package were torn and stained.
These sheets were bought 2 weeks before Mother's Day for my mother in law. When she took the sheets out of the bag she noticed stains on the sheets and a pillowcase was torn.
I called Family Dollar and was told that i could return the sheets with the receipt but could only purchase something of equal value.
When i tried to return the sheets a Manager named Allison said she will not accept the return and that the sheet set was not damaged when purchased. She very rudely snatched the receipt from my hand and told me to move the bag off her counter and to call and complain to anyone I want to because she still will not return them even if Corporate said she has to.
She also would not give me a number for the corporate office or for anyone over her head for me to talk to.
I am a regular customer at the Family Dollar Store and have never had a complaint until now and have never in my life been treated so rudely and disrespectful by anyone in management anywhere as I was treated today.
This is the Family Dollar in Houma, Louisiana at 7468 Main St store number#01858

I went into the Family Dollar here in Port St. John, FL and heard a male employee Complaining about a female employee. This I found to be
totally unacceptable in a place of business. There were other customers in the store at the time and I am sure they heard him. This made my mind
up to start shopping somewhere else!

The condition of the store is atrocious. There is freight piled in every aisle. They are using products to hold extra freight like totes and trash barrels and leaving them on the salesfloor.
It does not matter that it is "truck day" the condition of the store has been this way for months.
They are even blocking the fire doors!
Pittsfield ,New Hampshire

Employee just closed store at 11am ,sign on door states "sorry closed for one hour ". Two and a half hours later crowd of people outside store, NOT OPEN. This is unacceptable. It's the only local store. Must be nice to just decide to close. You lost my daily business.

Cashier representative "Semaj" store #07620 Store manager Steve Semaj threaten to beat me up while I was existing the store. He was listening with his ear buds and failed to hear my request of 2 packs of cigarettes, when I ask for another pack he became very angry, tossed my receipt at me and stated he would beat me up as I was leaving the store. The store manager Steve has yet returned my call to discuss my situation. I have called the store and no one will answer the phone. When the phone was answered and I ask to speak with Steve my call was disconnected. This is not typical for this store, employees have always been very nice with excellent customer service skills. I have tried different methods to contact Family Dollar and i consider this a serious situation. "I WILL BEAT YOU UP" from a cashier is not acceptable. The failure of Steve the store manager to respond to me in a appropriate time, shows a lack of professionalism.

I am a US Military Veteran with a full medical retirement for my MST-PTSD and I have a disabled license plate for my physical injuries I have frequently been harassed in the Columbus, USA Family Dollar store because have to be served in English as I am just learning Spanish and can not speak it. This store is the ONLY store in Columbus that has a good selection of US products in it. There is also a small country gas station and a grocery store in Columbus NM but they do not have nearly the selection of Family Dollar. The next town is literally 35 miles away with nothing but desert between them.

I have submitted a complaint through the corporate web sight and asked for them to contact me back by EMAIL so I would have a record of their response. Then some smug manager named Karen called and spoke her name and number so fast that I could not get her last name and number correctly. That was two weeks ago with no email response.

This pituitary middle aged cashier whose name begins with an M, has always gone out of her way to make me uncomfortable every time she has had to serve me. I know that she speaks English because she has spoken to me in it before in broken English. The last time I was in I asked for rolling papers and she did not understand while intentionally being rude and I left the store frustrated and almost called to make a complaint but my cell phone service is not good there and I did not want to drive several miles North to be sure I had a better connection.

There is at least one cashier that is by-lingual and she is always friendly. Once about three weeks ago I asked of a male employee that was stalking the shelves for the cleaning spray to remove dog and cat smells and he could hardly understand a word I said. But at least he was not rude to me for not being able to express myself in Spanish. He had to go get the manager that speaks her name too fast for me to understand and she was rude acting as if was putting her out by expecting service in English in an US convenience store.

This last time I walked in and walked past Cashier M and said “Good Day” brightly in Spanish and she rudely corrected me with decent in her voice saying “Good Evening” in Spanish. Then I got my stuff and walked back by her as she was stalking the shelves right next to the cashier stations and stood there with my back turned to her register to watch her. She kept looking up at me as she was stalking the shelves less than ten feet away making no move to serve me for about one minute. Then I hit the bell for service and she came over to check me out. I said to her “Seriously you are going to stand there and force me to ring the bell while you are standing there watching me when you know I want to check out?

She refused to speak any English to me as she was checking me out. She appeared to be enjoying my confusion as she kept picking things up and rattling sentences off in Spanish as if what ever she was saying was relevant. I told her you will speak to me in English in my own country. She said she dose not speak any English which I know is a lie and continued to speak multiple sentences to me in Spanish. She was obviously trying to insult me for not speaking Spanish and who knows what she was actually saying in her native tong. Then another Family Dollar store patron came in through the door and they had a conversation in Spanish. Then the other Family Dollar store patron told me “She is of my family and we have been taught that we do not have to speak English if we do not want to!” As you might understand I was getting quite upset at having been strung along so far because for not speaking Spanish in my own country.

Then a lady came up from the back that had gotten rude rude with me before because she had had to be called to translate my English into Spanish for her employees. She then threatened to call the Sheriff If I did not leave. She said “I could hear the screaming all the way from the back.” Yes I was upset with a the quality of Family Dollar service! I was not trying to hide the frustration in my voice because she and her employee had been doing everything to harass me for my broken Spanish in my own country. Cashier M having also involved other Family Dollar store patrons in her predijest to shame me for my expecting service in English in my own country. But I had not been screaming. I was thinking: why didn't you come forward as soon as you realized that there was a problem? Or where you enjoying the show? But did not say it.

I said so you are going to refuse to let me conduct this transaction and call the Cops on me if I do not leave? I had been asking her for a peace of paper and a pen so I could write down their names. She kept refusing to let me have a pen and talking over me seemingly to continue to aggravate the situation. There was a cup with pens within her reach over the counter but out of mine. Each time I looked at the cup of pens she just smiled and said nothing. I did not reach past her for the pens because she could have misconstrued my movements as aggressive. I asked her for her name againe and she said it very fast then REFUSED to repeat it slowly enough for me to understand it. She kept telling me she was going to call the Cops if I did not leave.

I asked so you are not going to let me finish this transaction and you are going to call the cops if I do not leave? She said she would let me finish the transaction so I turned to pay. But she would not stop telling me what I had done wrong seemingly to continue to get a reaction. I said “Please be quiet so I can finish and leave.” She “Well you keep talking...” but did not finish her sentence. I said something like please be quiet and let me finish this transaction and leave. But I am going to report it to Corporate. She said go ahead report it to Corporate…, again not finishing her sentence.

Then when I went to pay the dollar amount the card machine asked me to approve a total of over $40 and I hesitated over it getting ready to say something. The manager craned her neck to see cashier M’s screen and cashier M quickly did something to make it the correct amount of just over $12 and I hit the approve button. Then the machine told me to remove my card because there was a chip malfunction so I did. Cashier M quickly did something again on her screen and my card was accepted the second time. Then I left.

As I said this is the only store with US products within 35 miles so I will be forced to continue to use it to get the US products I need. I am wondering what Family Dollar is going to do about this form of blatant harassment? Because if it ever happens again I will let your manager call the Cops and there will be a very public lawsuit. In the current political climate I think it would be very bad for Family Dollar in the hundreds of other towns and cities accost our country where Family Dollar actually has competition instead of being the only store within 35 miles that has US products.

Have feedback for Family Dollar?