Family Dollar

Complaint Department

Most Popular Complaint about Family Dollar

Posted by John K Hines on Jan 14, 2015
Customer Rating

I don't have a complaint about your stores or customer services. My complaint is about the SH_TLY little 1/2 or 1/3 size plastic bags that aren't any good for anything else, they aren't even big enough TO LINE A SMALL
WASTE BASKET ! IF I HAVE TO TAKE MY OWN BAGS TO YOUR STORE (which I won't) you'll have at least 1 less customer ...

YOUR UNDERSIZE PLASTIC BAGS ARE "JUNK", worthless, they are just big enough to clog up the landfill... and that's not good ! Maybe this is just my opinion, but maybe others are getting tired of picking everything up when they get home, stuff from your store all over the place, due to LITTLE JUNKY BAGS...

Did Family Dollar provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Family Dollar?

Customer Satisfaction Results
2.17 out of 5
2.17 out of 5 Stars
12 Consumer Reviews

Family Dollar
Contact Information

I want to write a letter to Family Dollar. What is their corporate mailing address?

10401 Monroe Rd.
Matthews, NC 28105

I want to call the Family Dollar customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

704-847-6961

I need to visit the Family Dollar company website. What is their website address?

More Family Dollar Complaints

Customer Rating

I spend a lot of money at the Family Dollar in Hudson New York on Fairview Ave. I was in there today and walked to the register as the cashier was eating and talking on her cell phone! As she was ringing my things in she rang one item in twice so I said to her "You really shouldn't be talking on your phone while waiting on customers" she replied the scanner did it. She preceded to keep the phone to her ear and I repeated myself again and she ignored what I said told the person on the other end to hold for a minute and I repeated myself one more time!! I have been in retail for 30 years! This is inappropriate,I have never had a problem before in this store. The Assistant Manager was at the other register on her phone and didn't acknowledge what was happening! She was a new cashier so I think she should be told the rules again. Sorry for this but I just could not believe it cause it has never happened before.

Customer Rating

My daughter went to store number 08343 in Ohio she was really upset with the cashier she was really un professional and over price my daughter, then the cashier told my daughter what you want me to do about it, we prefer to pay for the same items more in target an no to be tread like this cashier they don’t need to be working there if they don’t know how to take care of the people. We never going back to fds.

Customer Rating

I purchased a defective product and was told that I needed the bag it was in and all the hardware. I purchased a curtain rod and did not notice until hanging the rod that the other end was broken. I did not want my money back, just a swap The manager of the store stated she could Not resale the defective product without the original bag. Why would you want to resale any defective product to a customer? I will Never go back to Family Dollar, its cluttered anyways. I will continue shopping at Dollar General where the Customer happiness matters, and Zero clutter.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Lee on 03/22/2014 at IP address 172.56.20.10 using our 05163 Family Dollar complaint form. This opinions contained in this 05163 Family Dollar customer review titled, “sold defective product, no return or swapping allowed” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I started working for family dollar in Kansas city, mo. (homestore 1415) doing macro food resets. I passed my urinalysis , worked every day, on time, pretty much assured to be placed, and on the last day of the job was told some story about an incident I had created at store 1415, I hadn’t been in the store since floating to different stores. Come to find out the management didn’t want to place me because of my background check. 15 years ago I had a felony stealing charge, and 2 years ago a possession charge upon completion would have been dismissed. They could have been straight with me . I was so excited to start a new job, possibly career, .Family dollar lost one of the hardest workers ,dependable, and honest. I deserved this job, Atleast deserved to be told what was really going on. I would really like a chance at this job. please feel free to contact me 816-718-5639. thank you, Cassandra Rohlf

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by cassandra rohlf on 03/18/2014 at IP address 69.76.151.204 using our family dollar complaint form. This opinions contained in this family dollar customer review titled, “unprofessional managers” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I was in the Slayton Family Dollar Store on December 8, 2013. I wrote a check for $13.20, to cover my purchase. The information on my check would not scan, so I offered them my credit card, which worked (the clerks were having problems with other customers and their scanner, so there were many people in the check-out line). The handed my check back to me, which I voided, and left the store. When I received my bank statement for December 2013, I had a charge of $54.57 from Family Dollar dated December 10, 2013, with the check number of the check that I had voided! I do not work in Slayton and was not in Slayton on that day. I had my credit union send the charge back as “unauthorized”. Yesterday, I received a letter from TRS Revocery Services, Inc. (a debt collection company), demanding that I pay them the $54.57, plus a $30 return check fee! I called the Family Dollar store this morning in Slayton and talked to the manager, Amanda Grogan, and she advised me to call the number on the debt collection number!
This is not acceptable! Please advise as to what you can do to correct this problem. I can provide copies of my credit card invoice and bank statements upon request.
Thank you.
Wanda Daniels

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Wanda Daneils on 03/18/2014 at IP address 184.10.29.18 using our Family Dollar located in Slayton MN complaint form. This opinions contained in this Family Dollar located in Slayton MN customer review titled, “Unauthorized charge” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

On September 17th around 4:00 PM I went into the local Family Dollar at Osceola AR. My purchase seeking was for some fall decorations at which I found. Why I was looking I found some summer lawn decor priced at 75% off. So I tryed to purchase several items. When I got to the cash register the discount was not honored because the check out person and manager did not know how to do the discount and did not care. They said they were to busy to figure it out. No worries will not be back as the rude6ness is much to much. Thanks Lea Hedger

Customer Rating

I live near this family dollar and I go to this one most often and every time I go its this same rude employee walking around with her cell phone to her head not greeting customers and when checking customers out still on her personal cell phone while conducting a transaction. I never see anyone wearing name tags I happen to go in and ask a manager what was the complaint line number and gave her a description of the person I had complaints about and got the name Bonita. It upsets me that employees are walking around on personal phones and not being able to answer questions one may have or being in a check out line hearing all your employees personal buissness because shes on her personal phone while checking customers out..

Customer Rating

I stop there after work at about 7 pm all the time. There is always workers in the store listening to their radios or talking on the phone or texting, when they are clearly supposed to be zoning or putting merchandise on the shelves. This particular store is a mess all the time.

I can barely get down the path. Sometimes they even block that whole area, so that the customer doesn’t bother THEM while they are texting. Now, this is the first time I’ve made an official complaint, because what happened this evening has made me angry enough to do so.

I go to the register and ring the bell, and I could hear her complaining that a customer was there and that she couldn’t get any work done. Then she comes around the corner, eventually, and is steadily talking on her phone in spanish. She continues talking non stop to the phone and never says a word to me. She didn’t tell me the total, look at me, or tell me anything …..

I interrupted her by asking her name, and her managers name,so that I could do something about this. The address is 1403 Gentry, Tyler, TX.

Customer Rating

i have gone to shop at the family dollar on northwest hwy 6313 for as long as it has been opened i enjoy it but lately there is a new cashier there by the name jennifer on her name tag this cashier can barely keep her eyes opened and she acts like she is on some kind of drug she should be a very big concern working with the public and money i feel uncomftorable with her checking me out someone needs to check into this concern and maybe do a drug test to find out if this employee should be working for your company just a concerned customer thank you

Customer Rating

The store located In Dorchester MA ( Fields Corner Section), has very unprofessional staff , the floors are dirty, the Manager is very arrogant , racial profiling, and discriminates against disabled people. I found this to be true on September 24th 2011. He targets minorities, and disabled people ,accussing them of stealing. I will never shop @ any Family dollar again. The Corporation should be sued, class action by the customers it has wrongfully accussed, and bullied. I also think the Department of Justice / Civil Division should be notified. I say LETS BOYCOTT FAMILY DOLLAR STORES.

Customer Rating

This family dollar store is always messy, even after a renovation boxes on floors, last time there was detergent drips on floors, no one took care of them I told the manager and she pretend that didn’t hear. I went three hours later the mess was still on floors. Other complain the prices on deals are not always truth, fake deals. I went to family dollar last week, and asked to use the restroom. It’s always out order and the cashier told me that, “no one going to use the restrooms.”  Sorry i get very involved but I like the products and prices on this family dollar store and it’s the closest on my neighborhood. I get very upset because still the same people are working on that store, and they don’t care about us as customers.

Companies Like Family Dollar