Family Dollar Customer Service

Contact Family Dollar Corporate

Toll free phone number: 704-847-6961

Family Dollar is a small format retailer that specializes in value and convenience products. Before it became a subsidiary of Dollar Tree, Inc. in January 2015, it was publicly traded on the NYSE: FDO. With over 8,100 locations nationwide, net sales for 3rd quarter in 2014 were reported as US 2.6 billion. There are eleven distributions centers in the US.

If you have a problem with any Family Dollar product or service you may call 1-866-377-6420. If you would like to contact the CEO Howard L. Levine you may address your postal correspondence to him at the company headquarters at 10401 Monroe Road, P.O. Box 1017, Charlotte, NC 28201. The corporate phone number is 704-847-6961. If you observe a Family Dollar fleet truck driving in an unsafe manner dial ext. 4589.  An email communication may be initiated at info@familydollar.com.

Founded in 1958 by a 21 year old entrepreneur Leon Levine, Family Dollar’s philosophy is “the customers are the boss and you need to keep them happy”. Levine started with a store carrying items priced ‘$2.00 or less. Calling themselves ‘your home for everyday low prices’, social media presences may be found on Facebook and on Dollar Tree Twitter account.

Upset with Family Dollar?

File a complaint here!

Reach Family Dollar Headquarters

Send your feedback directly to the management team

• Family Dollar corporate office

• 10401 Monroe Rd.
    • Matthews
    • NC 28105

704-847-6961

Top Family Dollar Complaints

I went shopping to family dollar located at Orosi Ca and the store manager named Maria was not friendly at all or professional. I also find very strange that they ask for donations every time I shop there but yet there's no signs or papers anywhere stating what foundation they're collecting money for I believe she's scamming us customers and just wants to make extra money.

Comment (0)

I had 3 coupons I clipped from the Family Dollar Circular one was $1 off a lint roller one was buy one get one Lysol which was $2.25 and the other was a buy one get one gain $2which I thought was the 20 0z but it was the 40 0z I later found out. It was the $3 bottle. Regardless The cashier rang me up but overcharged me in fact she did not take the coupon for the Gain at all then she swore she did she called the store manager. They said I was rude but I had returned to the store twice to try to explain the cashiers mistake.

She could not understand that she did not take off the coupon. And until the manager asked her to pull it up on her past purchase history it wasn't there. I added the total in my head to show her what the difference was it was simple the lint roller was $3minus a dollar the Lysol was $2.25 for 2 and the dishwashing liquid was $2 she charged me $8 and some odd change. And the cashier had the nerve to pit the customers against me. I have been shopping here a long time as I live next door but I will be shopping Dollar General from now on.

Comment (0)

I was the manager of 3271 several years back and it was always put to us customer service comes first if it weren't for the customers coming in we wouldn't have a job to always greet and thank them for their business. I used to spend a lot of money in 3271 trying to stay loyal to family dollar after working for them for 15 years but I trade with dollar general now 99 per cent of the time because they thank me for coming in and and spending my money there and to come back.

It's also clean no clutter except for truck day and their employees are not all outside smoking at the same time with customers inside. I can't say that about family dollar the store is a mess can't push shopping cart down isle without running over something can't shop clearance racks very well things aren't price regular merchandise mixed in with clearance and the employees that smoke are by the entrance door so they can see when a Customer is ready to check out. You have to walk through a cloud of smoke to get in.

Can't complain to manager because she is one of them that smokes. The dm that we had would have hung us out to dry if he saw the store in that condition and the smoking by the door. It obvious the the dm now either doesn't care or doesn't show up very often because the store is a disgrace. Maybe he needs to make some surprise visits I guarantee he will be in for a surprise. Thank you for your time. All I want is to be thanked for business.

Comment (0)

I visited the Family Dollar store located at Polk and Camp wisdom in Dallas TX 9/30. The checkout line was very long and the cashier closest to the exit door allowed and checked out a customer who had not stood in line. She was made aware of this issue but ignore me and the gentle in front of me. We had been in line for several minutes.

Comment (0)

I totally love shopping at these Family Dollar stores. But not understanding why the products don't have prices on the shelve. Some do and some don't. And to find a person you have to walk to the front of the store. Please price all the items on the shelve. It can't be to hard to place a price on shelve. The bigger stores do it. Why can't they do this?

Comment (0)

My complaint is as follows: The Store Manager, when she is on duty, refuses to put heavy items such as a gallon milk which weighs approximately 8.3 pounds in an extra plastic bag for added support to carry out of the store. I have purchased the above item at various stores and asked it be double-bagged due to the weakness of the single bag seam. I have had the bag break and the milk busted on the pavement in the parking lot. I know these bags are inexpensive to purchase by the store. The Manager's only answer to my request was that she only orders one case of bags per month. My question to you is: Why is this manager's policy different from other Family Dollar Stores?

Comment (0)

I signed up for the Family Dollar coupon app, used it once and it worked well, went to a different store and clipped new coupons, checked out and got none of my coupon savings. I bought Meow mix with $2.00 off coupon, cheese its with $1.00 off coupon and Pringles with $1.00 off coupon. None of these came off and the checker said, "I don't know, I was told to sign people up, but I don't know how it works", I'm super frustrated. I bought these things because I thought I was getting a deal, but I didn't and the cashier was NOT helpful.

Comment (0)

On Thursday August 18th my boyfriend went into the family dollar @ 777 N. Rancho Las Vegas, Nv and purchased a lot of items including a pair of glasses that cost $6 they came apart that same evening. On Sunday August 21st my boyfriend went back into the same family dollar and took the glasses back to exchange them only but he threw his receipt out. But the cashier recognized him and verified that he purchased the glasses. The manager wouldn't let him exchange them and was very rude and unprofessional I am including a picture a the glasses we just want to exchange it we don't want cash, plus my boyfriend bought it with his debit card.

Comment (0)

On Sunday August 21,2016 at the hour of 10;23 Am i enter the store two purchase item that was on sale. All Detergent. Buy one get one free. The location of the store located at 3407 Payne Avenue. Cleveland Ohio, store number 02334 contact number 216361-9477. The sale clerk was manager female name unknown she was only clerk at this hour waiting on customers. This woman had such poor ethnic of professional standards and customer courtesy that it was very ridiculous.

She was very rude, refuse to let my credit card go through make sale, shouted out illegal comments such as don't you rush me and disrespect me. This employee act like she was on some type of drugs doing her employment. Am very concern about her safety because how she violated my citizen rights in open door policy the next citizen wouldn't have allowed that misconduct of behavior and bad attitude of disrespect. She place herself in danger. The Administration need to inform of this employee bad attitude toward Family Dollars customers.

As i walk out, other customer inform me of there experience with this employee's attitude that also will lead to tort of Law: Discrimination. Thank you and please help resolve this complaint by contacting the Corporate office on my behalf. I plan to contact Family Dollar Corporate as well.

Comment (0)

Went in to shop the sales had coupons with the exact same picture of the product and it did not ring up the coupon and they would not give it to me. They were rude they are always rude when we go in there. They said that the registers shut down at ten so, we had another transaction but they went around us and got the customers behind us that walked in 2 minutes before ten and we had been there over an hour. They were overheard saying that if we didn't check out before 10 we would have to leave our basket there and leave.

If you are trying to have a business and make money you let them finish shopping that way you make a sell. When you are at a restaurant you get to finish eating and you do not get run out of the place. The managers sure don't set there and complain that they have been there since 6 o'clock that morning and they are ready to go home. There is not one store in town who will not take the coupons. If it does not scan they type them in. Because they want to make a sell and have you return to there store. I will not go back to the store anymore as long as they are like they are in the store.

Comment (0)

On July 29, 2016, I bought store items at the Family Dollar Store No. 01451 at approximately 6:00 p.m., double check receipt and tossed the sales receipt. Then I went to the Ledbetter Rail Station and waited on my buss but decided to go into the Family Dollar Store located on Ledbetter directly behind the Ledbetter Rail Station. There was a guy picking up trash outside the store, I went into the store and the cashier told me to leave my reusable family dollar bag at the front. I put the bag in a cart that they had stacked up almost to the ceiling. I grabbed my reusable bag and proceeded out of the store.

As I walked onto the parking lot headed across the street to the bus stop, I was approached by the guy picking up trash, he accused me of stealing and told me to show him a receipt, I did not have the receipt in my hand, he, in a rage, told me that was "this is my stuff" I tried to explain to him that I do not steal and that I Just bought those items. He kept asking that I show him the receipt then he grabbed my bag, said he was going into the store to review the tape. Then the cashier came out of the store and asked me what did I come into the store to get. I told her I was just browsing.

Then the guy who grabbed my bag said his cashier just said I stole. But when I said I left the bag at the front of the store, he was still not convinced. She did agree that I indeed left the bag at the front of the store. However, she proceeded to call the police and told me to leave the property. The police came and found me next door at Walgreens and asked me did I just leave the store. I agreed that I did and told him what happened.

He advised me to call the corporate office. However, I went back to the Jefferson location and found my receipt I had thrown in the trash can. So the following Monday, August 1, 2016 around 6:00 p.m. I went into the store and informed the same cashier that I had my receipt and needed to claim my merchandise that I had spent totaling approximately 20.75. She was so hostile when she addressed me in front of several customers and I walked out of the store. She came out of the store in a rage and asked that she could not help me if I did not come back into the store.

When I entered the store she was adamant about the issue and proceeded to speak to me in a hostile fashion. I told her I would contact the corporate office since I could not establish a reasonable dialogue with her. I felt as though she was going to strike me at any moment. I left the store and called the corporate office number and am hereby requesting a full refund of the items that were stolen from me.

Comment (0)

The manager was on her cell phone when I first saw her she appeared to be putting items on the selves she looked over at the line which had 11 customers I made 12 she went over to a register so I thought good she will open up a line. Well she did not I waited of about ten minutes. Went over to ask if she was the manager and did she plan to open another line? She was very rude raising her voice and said I 'm helping this customer. Not once did Krista the manager store#6928

Tell the waiting customers I'll open a line once I'm finished with this customer. She yelled out Corporate number for the customers to call in a complaint. I waited a total of 35 minutes in the store. Krista the manager was still "helping" the customer after I over herd her talking to her Regional Manager saying FYI a customer will be calling to complain; as if this was a joke. I have never experience such sub par customer service this Manager needs to be retrained she has no customer service skills FYI 6 other customers left the store in disgust.

Comment (0)

Om Wednesday, July 20, 2016 I went to Family Dollar located at 4724 Millbranch Store #1170 to return a bag of Laffy Taffy. The associate did refund me for the candy, but not before he laugh at me and tried to involve another customer. I told him it was stuck to the paper and I could not get it off. He tried to convince me that that's the way it is. Well, I have had it many times before and it was not like that.

Comment (0)

On Saturday July 9, 2016 around 8:15am I went into the family dollar store located on 2004 Centenary Blvd, Shreveport, LA 71104 - I purchased my items and paid for them. Just as I was walking out of the store the door 'sounder" went off and the employee (didn't get a name-sorry) came from around the counter and immediately began checking my bag - she also asked to check my purse which I pulled out my belongings to show her I did nothing wrong.

My boyfriend became upset so she and him had some words and she told him not to come into the store ever again because she was not putting up with "it" today. Thankfully, no other customers were in the store at the time because I would've been embarrassed.

I also want to add that I had gone into the same store a couple of nights before and the sounder had gone off at that time, but the attending clerk said it was okay to go through the door...so apparently something's wrong with the sounder and needs to be repaired - as far as I'm concerned, the employee who confronted me that day should have apologized and been a little more professional....I've been a customer of that store for many years now and do not want to stop going to it - I've never been a problem and never stole anything or attempted to.

Comment (1)

My complaint and I speak for my neighborhood is the garbage. This store never sweeps the North 9th Avenue side of their location I am always sweeping what blows from their side of the street and lands in front of my house. Now they have several boxes just sitting there. And I have learned that the city has given them several summons. Apparently this means nothing. This is a constant problem that needs to be corrected! I really feel if the property cannot be maintained the store should be closed.

Comment (0)

5245 Riverdale rd-- not necessary a complaint on store service. But the trash bin on the outside a structure was built for it and it is parked on the outside of the structure and trash is building up. We live & work in a nice area. Please fix or I will call the corporate headquarters next to tell the CEO of Family Dollar what his employees are doing.

Comment (0)

I went to the family dollar on Frank St. in Lufkin, Texas on Sunday June 26 around 8:30 pm. I was ready to checkout with my one item but no cashier was there. Another gentleman came behind me and see he didn't see a cashier he yelled "hello". Eventually a cashier stomped to the register, she did not speak or address me in any manner. She heard me talking to the gentleman behind me and she stated "what did you say" I just looked at her then she stated again "what did you say" I told her I said if I did not need my item I would leave the store because you are being rude to the customers.

She stated that she was not being rude, and I was the one with the attitude and then rolled her eyes at me. I asked her for her name, she stated that her name was Kim, then I asked her for her last name because I was going to contact the corporate office, she stated none of your business. At that point Kim threw my coins in my hand and refuse to put my dollars bills in my hands. Kim ordered me to leave the store. I left the store immediately and attempted to call the number that was outside of the store. There was no answer. I do not want Kim to lose her job, but please talk to her about her customer service skills. I go to this family dollar the time. I do not want to have another run in with Kim.

Comment (0)

I went to family dollar to get detergent when I was racially profiled. I was accused of sticking something orange in my pocket No apology was given and management stood its ground like I dropped the item in question. I am a black shopper. And at the time l was the only one humiliated.

Comment (1)

Saturday 06/18/2016 I entered Family Dollar Store #3377. Line of customers as my two grand children walked behind me and I was looking at them to make sure they didn't touch any of the toys on the end caps. The next thing I hear as we are down the isle heading to the card section was the cashier in a loud voice say, "no running in store, no horsing around!" I thought there must be some children some where else I couldn't see because surely she wasn't addressing my grands who were directly behind me.

I turned my basket around and went down another isle and was facing the cashiers and I asked the question were you addressing my grand children and she said I don't know who they are with! I told her that they are with me and I have this under control. I was just floored, 1 because I have seen on more than one occasion children literally run rampant through a store, open toys and play with them and then just walk away when the parent they are with is ready to go. I'm not sure who she was impressing that night, but she totally had me upset over her ignorance. There is ALWAYS a big turn over in this store, but this is the first time someone has EVER had to "attempt" to put me or my grand children in check. I'm also sure there is nothing going to be done about it.

Comment (0)

I have called and complained regarding this store a number of times and I am complaining again, it appears that you are blatantly ignoring my complaints regarding this store, #: 07141 3901 Indiana Ave. Kansas City, Mo., 816- 861-2596. The store is unkept from inside & out, there is trash all over the parking lot, trash cans & dumpster over flowing with trash, also there is very poor lighting at night in parking lot. Inside the store shelves are not stocked, boxes all in the aisles, customers have to wait in one long line to make a purchase this is trouble and unacceptable. I will find out what other steps I need to take to insure this matter is addressed, since you don't appear to be concerned.

Comment (0)

There's a new manager at store# 10367 her name is Elizabeth, I don't know her last name, but she is rude to the customers and her employees, memorial day weekend food example, she left the store piled up with boxes that had just came off the truck with one employee there to empty and stock the stuff before the next truck came in the next morning, the store was a mess, I overheard her saying that she came first and that she was going to "drug it up" for the weekend, she never greets the customers and the employees have nothing nice to say about her, everytime I go there and see her car in the parking lot I leave, she's very uncomfortable to be around and from what I've observed she's very lazy also. I would like to see her removed from this store, it's the only store in my neighborhood that I really liked, until Elizabeth came.

Comment (5)

I went to the Family Dollar in Greenville, SC on Laurens Road to purchase a bag of brown rice along with a few other items. When I got home and opened the bag of rice to pour it into the pot, I noticed that there were what appeared to be small webs and dead bugs in there. As I looked closer, there were worms and maggots crawling in the bag. I will be further pursuing this matter!

Comment (6)

Found a metal object in a chocolate chunk cookie while eating it.

Comment (0)

I purchased your "Family Chef" coals. On the bag says easy lighting and long lasting. This product is garbage. I light the coals with fluid trying to get the coals hot, then the heat fizzles out within minutes. Wind start blowing coals fizzles out. I been barbecue for years and this is the first brand of coals that is a complete failure. Please do not sell any of these coals to customers, because they will be pissed off like I was.

Comment (0)

I was passing through Roxboro NC and stopped at Family Dollars on Madison Boulevard. I discovered that the manager I think the name was Dreama. she had a no care attitude when I asked a question. She was on the cell phone, walking around rolling her eyes. Not a pleasant person at all. According to the little cashier she's like that with everyone. If this is the kind of management you allow in your stores that's not good. If I'm in that area again I will be going to Dollar General or elsewhere. This is just a heads up on the fact that Family Dollar in that area will be losing business if that irate Mgr. keeps up her pace.

Comment (2)

Please get some new clerks/management at our store in Mercer Pa. The store is always empty. Rude clerks and the customer screen is never able to be viewed. We have a Dollar General. Always busy. We need this store, but, don't need these clerks that don't care. After being rudely treated, I told the clerk that is what is wrong with this store...bad attitudes. He said he did $4000 in business day before. The store is dead. No customers. Rid this store of its employees and hire in all new staff. Mercer will thank you for it.

Comment (0)

The service was great and the sales rep personal. It's you, Family Dollar corporate offices, I'm pissed off with. Opening your store on Easter? Really! Are you so hurting in revenue that you must open on holidays? I think not. It's pure greed and you should be ashamed.

Comment (0)

I went to the Family on Martin Luther King that just opened. First, the manager didn't even greet me when I walked through the door on March 10, 2016 at 8:45am. She just signaled for me to come to her register. I told her that I had a return and she immediately told me that she couldn't refund me the money for one pack of my underwear that I brought back.

I told her that the back of the package said that if I'm not 100% satisfied with the underwear that I could return them within 30days for a refund, and she got an attitude. I asked her could I have my original receipt back and she you don't need it because you have nothing else to return now. I just left after that without the receipt she was suppose to give back to me. I wanted the receipt to make sure the refund money went back to my card.

Comment (0)

I got a Family Dollar code after looking for a long time on your site and then downloaded your coupon for xtra washing liquid. Went to store to cash it in and was told that they could not use internet coupons and that mine did not read. What a scam. The Family Dollar advertisement stated it would be $4. with coupon. I won't be going there again. This has happened more than once.

Comment (0)

Employees of Pine River mn store are rude! Always on cell phones, smoking on family dollar grounds, in front of store doors, and when helping customers, they're in a hurry so they can get back to their phones. Also cussing a lot. I shop here a lot but when dollar general opens, I'll be shopping there.

Comment (0)

I have recently sent a complaints email to Family Dollar on Friday 01/29/2016 with no response pertaining to a visit that I made to one of the Family Dollar store locations on Thursday 01/28/2016. On Thursday 01/28/2016 at 9:40 p.m. I tried to shop at store location #2434 at 625 Wolcott Street in Waterbury,Ct. As I walked toward the door two employees were sitting at the register talking. One woman got up, walked over and locked both the in and out doors.
I tried to open the door and the employee told me they were closed and she had to count the drawer.

I informed her that the store hours posted said they closed at 10 p.m. and I only needed five minutes to shop. The woman said they were closed and to call corporate if I had a problem with it. I asked for her name and position and told her I would be contacting corporate. She stated her name was Graciella and she was the assistant manager there. Due to this circumstance, I was forced to go across town to another store to purchase what I needed.
I have been shopping at this location for years and usually spend between 100 and 150.00 dollars each time I shop there.

I have never seen such rude customer service. The week before my wife and I were shopping there and the same individual was taking care of us at the register. She made us wait forever to pay due to standing there and talking with a gentleman who didn't even work there. Again on Monday 02/08/2016 at 2 p.m. while shopping there and being rung up by another employee, this same individual came over and sat down on the lower counter where the bags are kept. She was blocking the other employee from reaching for the bags while she was talking to someone in Spanish on her personal phone.

If this behavior continues I will be forced to take my business elsewhere. My wife and I also work in retail, and as managers are both aware of proper customer service. This individual is totally unprofessional.

Comment (0)

I appreciate your store (the staff is friendly and seems to be dedicated). The selection of products is excellent. Displays are orderly. However, in our rather nice community, I feel that the interior and the exterior of your store is way below par. The storefront is really quite unappealing and the floor inside is rather nasty looking (it has been even worse perhaps 2 or 3 years ago). It is impossible to "park" a shopping cart at the front entrance. Carts must be pushed into the store from outside through a heavy, non-automatic door. The back entrance has no ramp for taking a cart into the parking area to unload a large purchase. I hope someone in a position to evaluate this location will take a look and see what I'm talking about. There is a newer dollar store in town; the store is much nicer, but Family Dollar usually carries the products I need.

Comment (0)

I visited the family dollar store in Love Joy Ga. and ask edthe sale representative if this location sole matches and if so where located. The sales representative response was "Why do you need some." my response was "yes, that is why I m asking." Per the sales representative " I was a joke". Others in the store began to laugh. I feel that I 'm not visiting family dollar store for people who want to perform in front of other customers, or for people who want to be on comedy view/stand up comedy, I visit the store to purchase items that I need. I use to visit this store and found the customer service was professional and customer directed prior to this new management. I feel there is a need for customer service training at this store.

Comment (0)

I went to the family dollar at 901 E main street in new iberia Louisiana and i heard the assistant manager making racist remarks about white people. She was on the phone and saying white people stink and they are so annoying and loud. The assistant managers name is Enchanted. I am not sure of her last name. She is so rude to her customers and always talks about them while they are in the store. This is not the first time i heard her make a racist remark. I suggest something be done about this before that store looses a lot of business because of her.

Comment (0)

I am a Security Officer at the Skyland Shopping Center in Northeast Atlanta Ga. FD Store #1767 is one of our tenants so the Family Dollar employees at store #1767 have seen my very frequently. Anyway on 12-18-2015 at approx. 4:30 pm, I made a purchase at the store located at 3412 Clairmont Rd. Atlanta Ga 30319 of a few small items(nuts, soda, pens. I always ask for a receipt which was given to me by the store Manager (Troy) because I basically work outside and NOT in the tenants stores such as Family Dollar #1767. I will take an paid items OUT of the store and leave them on a small can outside the store just in case I have to return.

I could not locate a FD receipt for the items that day because it may have been a little windy outside and the receipt could have easily blown away onto the parking lot in front of FD store #1767(3412 Clairmont Rd in Atlanta, Ga 30319.) I went back into FD store#1767 and looked around the checkout area for my receipt not knowing if it was blown away outside or whatever. I still could not locate my receipt so I simply logged the small items down on a daily Security Log that I use for Skyland Shopping Center. Remember I am MALL security and not a Family Dollar employee.

Jeremiah (22 year old male) whom is a cashier at the FD# 1767 notice that I did not have the items that I had just paid for and asked me if I had wanted to try some funny looking candy that he had purchased at the FD candy aisle. After I tried it Jeremiah stated the following to me,"...you have never tried this befo'?...." I stated to Jeremiah NOT to call me that?.....Jeremiah then stated."...DON'T TAKE IT PERSONAL...I DIDN'T CALL YOU N****...I CALLED YOU N*****!"

I told Jeremiah that he would feel very upset if I called one of his relatives a derogatory name and he (Jeremiah)stated,".....IF YOU DO...THEN YOU WILL BE DEALT WITH..." Troy (25 year old black male)was standing RIGHT next to Jeremiah when he made those terrible remarks to me and DID NOT SAY A WORD TO JEREMIAH? Nothing. No stop. No be careful what you say to the customers. Nothing. TROY has recently become the FD store manager a few months but he still has got to say something to Family Dollars employees that use words like N****** and S*** and other words defaming minorities.

I am asking that Jeremiah me harshly disciplined and/or transferred out of FD store #1767 for his behavior towards Security Officer Calvin Thompson of the Skyland Shopping Center in Atlanta Ga 3412 Clairmont Rd. 30319. If there is no action against Jeremiah (witness Troy) for his racist comments towards the staff, then a complaint may be filed against the Family Dollar Corp via the Better Business Bureau and/or Federal Trade Commission. A copy of this complaint has been forwarded to the American Civil Liberties Union for the nasty comments that Jeremiah of FD store #1767 made towards Officer Calvin Thompson as the Security Officer was making a simple purchase and went back into the store to retrieve a simple receipt.

Comment (6)

I live down the street (so I walk) go to Newburg Hts. Family Dollar store #11103 I like the products and prices. I shop like 10-15 times a month for food, cigs, and cat food. Most clerks and managers know me and I get along great. This morning at 8:00 am I went there and the clerk who is a young African American named Laqueesha got mad for asking a price for my smokes. She got the manager to ring me up, so threw my cigarettes to him across the counter and they hit the wall? manager? then floor. So I should of got another pack, since these were damaged. The only reason I brought up race because she is rude and I also had a run in with another female of this race. I have family members who are mix couples (black and Puerto Rican) so don't you dare think it is me.

Comment (0)

My daughter who is 11 years old was accused of stealing something out of the Family Dollar located at 1617 Lodge Ave in Evansville, IN. First of all my daughter does not have to steal anything. I make sure she has money to purchase whatever it is that she wants. I do not appreciate the accusation at all. We have spent a great deal of money in that particular store. I like something done about this. I am not sure of the clerks name he was a older Caucasian male who was working around 9pm on December 4, 2015.

Comment (0)

Went to the store located in Chamberlain S.D. This store is always dirty, empty and full boxes block most of the isles. New clothes, product, etc. on the floor. This particular day, Sunday, Nov. 22nd, I went in and two girls were working. One's name is Amanda, who worked there before but quit and now back, I didn't know the other's name. They were just talking very loud, yelling in fact at each other. Discussing their personal business, the stores business and anything else for the entire store to hear. (This Amanda is always loud and obnoxious and I was sorry to see her back).

When I came to the counter with my items I also asked for a pack of cigarettes. Amanda, who wasn't at the register said I got 'em, just throw me the keys in which the girl at the register did. Amanda got the pack of cigarettes and instead of handing them to her, which she could have easily done, she threw them at her. The cigarettes flew over her head, hitting some items on a shelf a couple of isles over from the register. They both laughed hysterically at this. I then said get me another pack, both of there replies were "We can get these for you", as the register girl ran to get them. I repeated that I wanted another pack instead. Finally Amanda got me a new pack. I don't know who runs this mad house but obviously they don't know what they are doing. These girls shouldn't be working together alone in this store and I would further say shouldn't be working there at all.

Comment (0)

Well, it was at the location in York, SC. And I am a couponer, and I try to be honest about doing what I do because I enjoy saving money. But when I go into a store and the cashier has an attitude because I want to use my coupons is ridiculous! I heard her tell of one the other cashier's, "I don't know why these people think that just because they coupon, we are supposed to cater to them." Now, that was a rude statement to me in all sorts of ways! One, because I'm black, and two, because I coupon. Well, needless to say that I was offended and don't plan to shop there anymore.

Comment (0)

Went to return a mop and the manager was very rude and loud infront of other custermers and would not exchange the mop with out receipt he accused me of trying to make a gain off this mop I just wanted to exchange it the mop cost a hole 9 dollars he said he would run store his way. This boy could not have been more then 22 yrs old and was yelling and scaring people and kids it was the family doller on spencer and blueberry

Comment (0)

Purchase on 10/2/2015 $28.25 using debit card - Cash register did not accept -The manager tried two or three more times before moving to a second cash register. The manager tried the card once more then asked if I had a check. I then wrote check # 210 in the amt. of $28.25 that the cash register did not accept. The manager suggested we try another check. I then wrote check number 211 for $28.25. The cash register did not accept that either. By that time the customer line had begun to double and customers were disgruntled. The manager said that he was sure one of the transactions had gone through and allowed me to take the diapers, which were needed immediately, and the other misc. items I had chosen.

I checked my balance before I made the purchase. I had exactly $50.00. After the first 28.25 transaction cleared my balance was $21.75. The subsequent attempted withdrawals were dated 10/2, 10/2 again, 10/9 and 10/9 again. The supposed return checks were then turned over to a collection agency who attempted again on October 6 and again on November 12, according to the person I talked to at that agency. The total number of unsuccessful attempts was 6 @ $30.00 each equaling $180.00.

My meager $21.75 was lost in the transactions. I don't want to have to wait 10 to 14 days for reimbursement of $180 + $21.75 totaling $210.75. I deposited $100 on 10/27/15 to keep the bank from closing my account, which still left a negative balance. I went back to the store on 11/17/15 to try to speak with the manager that conducted the transactions and was informed he no longer works there. I want to be able to go to the store, I think the store # is 9277, and pick up a check or cash for reimbursement. I shop regularly at Family Dollar, normally at 2509 31st Ave. No., Birmingham, and receive exceptional customer service. Looking forward to an immediate remedy and a continued mutually beneficial relationship with your company.

Comment (0)

On October 16th George, the store manager of store #05436, said hello sweetie when I entered the store. I said hello but no sweetie. George yelled back he calls everybody sweetie. I was buying a Gatorade. So I got back to the shortest line, his register and he did not want to ring up my groceries. He dropped his head, he took the Gatorade really slowly. Someone came up and gave him a high five. George said to him," Yea, I know man." I don't know what he was referring to but I know he was trying to make me feel wrong for correcting him. I told him I want to use my own bag. He slowly gets my bag behind the register. Slowly takes the Gatorade out of the Family Dollar bag and hands me it all.

On September 13, 2015 I was being rung up by his co-worker, he butted in and said, "you got the kind of bags he likes to steal". On September 9, 2015 as I was entering and putting my bag behind the register, George was falsely accusing someone for stealing. The guy he was accusing stayed calm and told him the product was his. On another day I was at checkout and commenting on the fall days with the cashier; George butts in. He butts in by coming across the floor from where he was sweeping and says to me rather then co-worker that he has to stop smoking cigarettes. I have never held a conversation with him so I thought it odd for him to continue a conversation they were having but he was staring at me.

Im writing this to have a written record of why I would sue Dollar General for allowing there manager to continue to try to humiliate, sexually assault, and dominant someone else's shopping experience. Furthermore, I will take this step if his actions continues and/or if he steals anything from my bags while my personal items are behind the register. I have been shopping at Dollar General to a point where I expect good customer service. I just moved into this new neighborhood and Im unwilling to continue to excuse his aggressive behavior. Im asking for a quality control visit, and a reprimand of some sort because his behavior is intentional. So he could stop on his own, I don't think Im the only customer he harasses. So the level of corrections should be left to Family Dollar, whom is responsible for his actions.

Comment (0)

I went into the family dollar store on bluffton rd fort wayne Indiana on 10-27-2015. I was in line to check out with 1 person in front of me. everything went fine for that person however when I got up after standing there for over 10 minutes they were having a problem with the scanner. after watching the cashier hand put previous customer in manually, the cashier couldn't do mine. the manager came up and shut the register down and moved to another one. I asked if this was going to take long and that I would just go to another store. the manager had an attitude which in return made me angry causing me to walk out while muttering a word I shouldn't have used.

The manager then came running out the door telling me to never come back there. I tried to say I was sorry but she just flipped me the middle finger and said f##k you! do I deserve to be banned, No! Was I sorry Yes! but do they need a manager who will follow you out the door doing what she did and said! No! That is not too professional, and I wasn't either but I was not working! I doubt anything will become of this but I wanted to voice my opinion!

Comment (0)

I was shopping at the Family Dollar located in Mr. Holly , NJ. Went into the store and got the things that I needed, When I got to the cash register. He began scanning and I noticed that there might be a price difference. He said you show me where you saw a lower price. I said I may have the wrong price I said I may be wrong, He said you probably are wrong. I started down the isle and he kept saying I know my prices, I said look man I am not going to argue with you, we got to the toilet paper section and he in a very rude way. He then held his hands in the way saying show me where you see a dollar price. I the started to get angry and tried to walk out of the store and he kept following me to the store exit. At this time I said some rude comments to the manager, I can not take someone being that close to me. I then got very angry and said some things that I should not have said. He then proceeded to tell me to leave, and banned me from store for future use, and if I do go back there he would have me removed removed by the cops. He has been rude I the to not only me but I have been there when he has verbally corrected his staff in front of a group of shoppers. My phone number was given to Family Dollar corporate. Can someone from customer service please call me to discuss. Thank you in advance,

Comment (0)

There were four store employees on floor(women) including the store manager on the same aisle supposedly putting up merchandise. They were doing more talking and arguing with customers in reference to the there only being one cashier behind the register with 13 people in line. The young cashier was upset because of the manager's deliberate non response to needing help. Eventually the cashier began to ring the bell loudly for some assistance. The manager walked around to the other cash register but not before another store employee( young lightskinned girl that was putting up stock and arguing with customers) wanted to know why she needed help. At that moment I was paying for my merchandise and answered that obvious question for the young lady.

I was in that store for over 10 minutes in line before anyone acknowledged the young cashiers pleas for help. This is an unacceptable way to run a business. This is also a racist situation. The stores in the black neighborhoods have the least qualified personnel running its stores. or this could be Family Dollars ignorance of great customer service, cleanliness of stores and organization and merchandising. I expect and require a response from your company in reference to this being addressed and investigated to say the least. If there is no response I will be forced to bring this to the attention of the community and public officials. I expect to be treated as a paying customer and not some stereotype. This happened on Tuesday October 20, 2015 at the store in Richmond, Va on 25th and Fairmount Streets in historic Churchill area.

Comment (0)

I purchased a Sylvania portable DVD player several months ago and it no longer $9 back for the product after I paid $35 for it. I can't find the receipt. Tried to call Family Dollar customer service and there was no answer. Would be great if someone can help me contact them so I can get a refund.

Comment (6)

Store location#4318 Elsmere KY. I shop at this location every other day just about. Now 4 months ago I asked Tony the manager if he could order some more wheat bread, he said ok. 2 months went by and no wheat I'm getting mad I ask again he said that the supplier is suppose to put some out. look I'm fed up its know 4 months latter and still no wheat whats going on please help me. I mean its only bread don't let bread cost you a loyal customer. I would like to recognize two employees at this location. Lets start with Tony Manager he is a hard worker always polite, suggestive sales he deals with problems very well. Now Shellie Ass, Manager awesome she can do it all she suggestive sales, very nice to people hard worker look Shellie works when she is sick when your under staffed very dedicated employee. If we cant fix this problem with the wheat bread I'm going to take my 6 hundred dollars some where else. Those two employees I mentioned needs to be recognized by you prays them make them feel wanted.

Comment (0)

9/27 in store #3857 WSNC line seven people deep only 1 register open..asked for a manager to open a new line she the manger came up looked and walked away manger's name Katie Moore I was told...two or three customers in line made the comment she never does any work its always like this in here.she didn't. Feel as manager it was her job to do a lowly job of opening a registry..i spend a lot of money in your store if you don't like the neighborhood you open in,why are you here .i think you need to have a talk and additional training of manager's as to what their job description consists. Of and how it essentially good to jump in when lines are longer than usual to keep customers from just putting. Their items down and leaving. Because service sucks.. The cashier was doing a great job being as nice as possible and the dumb manger just watched and wasn't doing anything!!

Comment (0)

I want to this store around 9.30 am 09-25-2015 I had a cart fill with different items the amount total came to about $60.00 I only had a $100 the white lady that check me out stated I just open up and I don,t have change to give you back the different you need to go somewhere and get some change. It is hard to understand why she did what she did when my total was around $60. Did she do this because I was Black.

Comment (0)

I have a Family Dollar located in my neighborhood. The store is located on highway 72 and Mastin Lake Road in Huntsville, Alabama. The lawn at this store hasn't been cut for several week. I asked the store employee if the lawn could be cut and keep neat. The employee states it was nothing he could do and if I had a problem to contact the corporate office, I am in a neighborhood that contains a high percentage of African Americans but the lawn are maintained. The store is located on a corner and makes the appearance of the neighborhood seem poorly maintained. The store provides a need for the community but it should not affect the appearance of the area in a negative manner. I would appreciate the lawn being cut this week (9/22 -9/26). Thanks for your cooperation.

Browse reviews of other Retail Stores

Have feedback for Family Dollar?