Customer Satisfaction Results
2.14 out of 5 Stars
37 Consumer Reviews

Family Dollar
Complaint Department

Family Dollar is a small format retailer that specializes in value and convenience products. Before it became a subsidiary of Dollar Tree, Inc. in January 2015, it was publicly traded on the NYSE: FDO. With over 8,100 locations nationwide, net sales for 3rd quarter in 2014 were reported as US 2.6 billion. There are eleven distributions centers in the US.

If you have a problem with any Family Dollar product or service you may call 1-866-377-6420. If you would like to contact the CEO Howard L. Levine you may address your postal correspondence to him at 10401 Monroe Road, P.O. Box 1017, Charlotte, NC 28201. The corporate phone number is 704-847-6961. If you observe a Family Dollar fleet truck driving in an unsafe manner dial ext. 4589.  An email communication may be initiated at info@familydollar.com.

Founded in 1958 by a 21 year old entrepreneur Leon Levine, Family Dollar’s philosophy is “the customers are the boss and you need to keep them happy”. Levine started with a store carrying items priced ‘$2.00 or less. Calling themselves ‘your home for everyday low prices’, social media presences may be found on Facebook and on Dollar Tree Twitter account.

Have you had problems with Family Dollar?

Compare Family Dollar to Similar Retail Stores more...

Top 37 Reviews about Family Dollar

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Family Dollar customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

I have recently sent a complaints email to Family Dollar on Friday 01/29/2016 with no response pertaining to a visit that I made to one of the Family Dollar store locations on Thursday 01/28/2016. On Thursday 01/28/2016 at 9:40 p.m. I tried to shop at store location #2434 at 625 Wolcott Street in Waterbury,Ct. As I walked toward the door two employees were sitting at the register talking. One woman got up, walked over and locked both the in and out doors.
I tried to open the door and the employee told me they were closed and she had to count the drawer.

I informed her that the store hours posted said they closed at 10 p.m. and I only needed five minutes to shop. The woman said they were closed and to call corporate if I had a problem with it. I asked for her name and position and told her I would be contacting corporate. She stated her name was Graciella and she was the assistant manager there. Due to this circumstance, I was forced to go across town to another store to purchase what I needed.
I have been shopping at this location for years and usually spend between 100 and 150.00 dollars each time I shop there.

I have never seen such rude customer service. The week before my wife and I were shopping there and the same individual was taking care of us at the register. She made us wait forever to pay due to standing there and talking with a gentleman who didn't even work there. Again on Monday 02/08/2016 at 2 p.m. while shopping there and being rung up by another employee, this same individual came over and sat down on the lower counter where the bags are kept. She was blocking the other employee from reaching for the bags while she was talking to someone in Spanish on her personal phone.

If this behavior continues I will be forced to take my business elsewhere. My wife and I also work in retail, and as managers are both aware of proper customer service. This individual is totally unprofessional.

Upvote (0)

I went to the family dollar at 901 E main street in new iberia Louisiana and i heard the assistant manager making racist remarks about white people. She was on the phone and saying white people stink and they are so annoying and loud. The assistant managers name is Enchanted. I am not sure of her last name. She is so rude to her customers and always talks about them while they are in the store. This is not the first time i heard her make a racist remark. I suggest something be done about this before that store looses a lot of business because of her.

Upvote (0)

I am a Security Officer at the Skyland Shopping Center in Northeast Atlanta Ga. FD Store #1767 is one of our tenants so the Family Dollar employees at store #1767 have seen my very frequently. Anyway on 12-18-2015 at approx. 4:30 pm, I made a purchase at the store located at 3412 Clairmont Rd. Atlanta Ga 30319 of a few small items(nuts, soda, pens. I always ask for a receipt which was given to me by the store Manager (Troy) because I basically work outside and NOT in the tenants stores such as Family Dollar #1767. I will take an paid items OUT of the store and leave them on a small can outside the store just in case I have to return.

I could not locate a FD receipt for the items that day because it may have been a little windy outside and the receipt could have easily blown away onto the parking lot in front of FD store #1767(3412 Clairmont Rd in Atlanta, Ga 30319.) I went back into FD store#1767 and looked around the checkout area for my receipt not knowing if it was blown away outside or whatever. I still could not locate my receipt so I simply logged the small items down on a daily Security Log that I use for Skyland Shopping Center. Remember I am MALL security and not a Family Dollar employee.

Jeremiah (22 year old male) whom is a cashier at the FD# 1767 notice that I did not have the items that I had just paid for and asked me if I had wanted to try some funny looking candy that he had purchased at the FD candy aisle. After I tried it Jeremiah stated the following to me,"...you have never tried this befo'?...." I stated to Jeremiah NOT to call me that?.....Jeremiah then stated."...DON'T TAKE IT PERSONAL...I DIDN'T CALL YOU N****...I CALLED YOU N*****!"

I told Jeremiah that he would feel very upset if I called one of his relatives a derogatory name and he (Jeremiah)stated,".....IF YOU DO...THEN YOU WILL BE DEALT WITH..." Troy (25 year old black male)was standing RIGHT next to Jeremiah when he made those terrible remarks to me and DID NOT SAY A WORD TO JEREMIAH? Nothing. No stop. No be careful what you say to the customers. Nothing. TROY has recently become the FD store manager a few months but he still has got to say something to Family Dollars employees that use words like N****** and S*** and other words defaming minorities.

I am asking that Jeremiah me harshly disciplined and/or transferred out of FD store #1767 for his behavior towards Security Officer Calvin Thompson of the Skyland Shopping Center in Atlanta Ga 3412 Clairmont Rd. 30319. If there is no action against Jeremiah (witness Troy) for his racist comments towards the staff, then a complaint may be filed against the Family Dollar Corp via the Better Business Bureau and/or Federal Trade Commission. A copy of this complaint has been forwarded to the American Civil Liberties Union for the nasty comments that Jeremiah of FD store #1767 made towards Officer Calvin Thompson as the Security Officer was making a simple purchase and went back into the store to retrieve a simple receipt.

Upvote (0)

I live down the street (so I walk) go to Newburg Hts. Family Dollar store #11103 I like the products and prices. I shop like 10-15 times a month for food, cigs, and cat food. Most clerks and managers know me and I get along great. This morning at 8:00 am I went there and the clerk who is a young African American named Laqueesha got mad for asking a price for my smokes. She got the manager to ring me up, so threw my cigarettes to him across the counter and they hit the wall? manager? then floor. So I should of got another pack, since these were damaged. The only reason I brought up race because she is rude and I also had a run in with another female of this race. I have family members who are mix couples (black and Puerto Rican) so don't you dare think it is me.

Upvote (0)

My daughter who is 11 years old was accused of stealing something out of the Family Dollar located at 1617 Lodge Ave in Evansville, IN. First of all my daughter does not have to steal anything. I make sure she has money to purchase whatever it is that she wants. I do not appreciate the accusation at all. We have spent a great deal of money in that particular store. I like something done about this. I am not sure of the clerks name he was a older Caucasian male who was working around 9pm on December 4, 2015.

Upvote (0)

Went to the store located in Chamberlain S.D. This store is always dirty, empty and full boxes block most of the isles. New clothes, product, etc. on the floor. This particular day, Sunday, Nov. 22nd, I went in and two girls were working. One's name is Amanda, who worked there before but quit and now back, I didn't know the other's name. They were just talking very loud, yelling in fact at each other. Discussing their personal business, the stores business and anything else for the entire store to hear. (This Amanda is always loud and obnoxious and I was sorry to see her back).

When I came to the counter with my items I also asked for a pack of cigarettes. Amanda, who wasn't at the register said I got 'em, just throw me the keys in which the girl at the register did. Amanda got the pack of cigarettes and instead of handing them to her, which she could have easily done, she threw them at her. The cigarettes flew over her head, hitting some items on a shelf a couple of isles over from the register. They both laughed hysterically at this. I then said get me another pack, both of there replies were "We can get these for you", as the register girl ran to get them. I repeated that I wanted another pack instead. Finally Amanda got me a new pack. I don't know who runs this mad house but obviously they don't know what they are doing. These girls shouldn't be working together alone in this store and I would further say shouldn't be working there at all.

Upvote (0)

Went to return a mop and the manager was very rude and loud infront of other custermers and would not exchange the mop with out receipt he accused me of trying to make a gain off this mop I just wanted to exchange it the mop cost a hole 9 dollars he said he would run store his way. This boy could not have been more then 22 yrs old and was yelling and scaring people and kids it was the family doller on spencer and blueberry

Upvote (0)

On October 16th George, the store manager of store #05436, said hello sweetie when I entered the store. I said hello but no sweetie. George yelled back he calls everybody sweetie. I was buying a Gatorade. So I got back to the shortest line, his register and he did not want to ring up my groceries. He dropped his head, he took the Gatorade really slowly. Someone came up and gave him a high five. George said to him," Yea, I know man." I don't know what he was referring to but I know he was trying to make me feel wrong for correcting him. I told him I want to use my own bag. He slowly gets my bag behind the register. Slowly takes the Gatorade out of the Family Dollar bag and hands me it all.

On September 13, 2015 I was being rung up by his co-worker, he butted in and said, "you got the kind of bags he likes to steal". On September 9, 2015 as I was entering and putting my bag behind the register, George was falsely accusing someone for stealing. The guy he was accusing stayed calm and told him the product was his. On another day I was at checkout and commenting on the fall days with the cashier; George butts in. He butts in by coming across the floor from where he was sweeping and says to me rather then co-worker that he has to stop smoking cigarettes. I have never held a conversation with him so I thought it odd for him to continue a conversation they were having but he was staring at me.

Im writing this to have a written record of why I would sue Dollar General for allowing there manager to continue to try to humiliate, sexually assault, and dominant someone else's shopping experience. Furthermore, I will take this step if his actions continues and/or if he steals anything from my bags while my personal items are behind the register. I have been shopping at Dollar General to a point where I expect good customer service. I just moved into this new neighborhood and Im unwilling to continue to excuse his aggressive behavior. Im asking for a quality control visit, and a reprimand of some sort because his behavior is intentional. So he could stop on his own, I don't think Im the only customer he harasses. So the level of corrections should be left to Family Dollar, whom is responsible for his actions.

Upvote (0)

I was shopping at the Family Dollar located in Mr. Holly , NJ. Went into the store and got the things that I needed, When I got to the cash register. He began scanning and I noticed that there might be a price difference. He said you show me where you saw a lower price. I said I may have the wrong price I said I may be wrong, He said you probably are wrong. I started down the isle and he kept saying I know my prices, I said look man I am not going to argue with you, we got to the toilet paper section and he in a very rude way. He then held his hands in the way saying show me where you see a dollar price. I the started to get angry and tried to walk out of the store and he kept following me to the store exit. At this time I said some rude comments to the manager, I can not take someone being that close to me. I then got very angry and said some things that I should not have said. He then proceeded to tell me to leave, and banned me from store for future use, and if I do go back there he would have me removed removed by the cops. He has been rude I the to not only me but I have been there when he has verbally corrected his staff in front of a group of shoppers. My phone number was given to Family Dollar corporate. Can someone from customer service please call me to discuss. Thank you in advance,

Upvote (0)

I purchased a Sylvania portable DVD player several months ago and it no longer $9 back for the product after I paid $35 for it. I can't find the receipt. Tried to call Family Dollar customer service and there was no answer. Would be great if someone can help me contact them so I can get a refund.

Upvote (0)

Store location#4318 Elsmere KY. I shop at this location every other day just about. Now 4 months ago I asked Tony the manager if he could order some more wheat bread, he said ok. 2 months went by and no wheat I'm getting mad I ask again he said that the supplier is suppose to put some out. look I'm fed up its know 4 months latter and still no wheat whats going on please help me. I mean its only bread don't let bread cost you a loyal customer. I would like to recognize two employees at this location. Lets start with Tony Manager he is a hard worker always polite, suggestive sales he deals with problems very well. Now Shellie Ass, Manager awesome she can do it all she suggestive sales, very nice to people hard worker look Shellie works when she is sick when your under staffed very dedicated employee. If we cant fix this problem with the wheat bread I'm going to take my 6 hundred dollars some where else. Those two employees I mentioned needs to be recognized by you prays them make them feel wanted.

Upvote (0)

9/27 in store #3857 WSNC line seven people deep only 1 register open..asked for a manager to open a new line she the manger came up looked and walked away manger's name Katie Moore I was told...two or three customers in line made the comment she never does any work its always like this in here.she didn't. Feel as manager it was her job to do a lowly job of opening a registry..i spend a lot of money in your store if you don't like the neighborhood you open in,why are you here .i think you need to have a talk and additional training of manager's as to what their job description consists. Of and how it essentially good to jump in when lines are longer than usual to keep customers from just putting. Their items down and leaving. Because service sucks.. The cashier was doing a great job being as nice as possible and the dumb manger just watched and wasn't doing anything!!

Upvote (0)

I want to this store around 9.30 am 09-25-2015 I had a cart fill with different items the amount total came to about $60.00 I only had a $100 the white lady that check me out stated I just open up and I don,t have change to give you back the different you need to go somewhere and get some change. It is hard to understand why she did what she did when my total was around $60. Did she do this because I was Black.

Upvote (0)

I have a Family Dollar located in my neighborhood. The store is located on highway 72 and Mastin Lake Road in Huntsville, Alabama. The lawn at this store hasn't been cut for several week. I asked the store employee if the lawn could be cut and keep neat. The employee states it was nothing he could do and if I had a problem to contact the corporate office, I am in a neighborhood that contains a high percentage of African Americans but the lawn are maintained. The store is located on a corner and makes the appearance of the neighborhood seem poorly maintained. The store provides a need for the community but it should not affect the appearance of the area in a negative manner. I would appreciate the lawn being cut this week (9/22 -9/26). Thanks for your cooperation.

Upvote (0)

I was at Family Dollar on 05-01-2015 @ 12:42:25. I was at store #01388 320 E. Sangamon St, Petersburg, IL 62675. I had 5 items and my change back should have been $16.78, instead it was $15.78. She put the ticket on top of the bills and the change on top of the ticket. I noticed it when I got home and she didn't count my change back to me. This store is close to a high rise with old people. How often are people short changed? I won't be going back to this store. It's just $1 but I'm more worried about the elderly. Please check this store out. I still have my ticket but that won't help. Those dollars add up.

Upvote (1)

The manager, Destiny, at Family Dollar in Robert Lee Texas is so rude to the employees. I used to spend 300.00 a month but ever since she's manager, I won't go in there. She is so rude and is always on her cell phone. Her boyfriend comes in there and goes in the back with her. That is wrong. She even fired a good employee who did everything just so she could hire her friends.

I would like to see Teresa Fernandez back to working. Please get rid of this manager! Everyone around here does not like her! Some people won't go there as long as she is working there. She is nasty and also yells at employees and treats them like kids. Please do something so I can shop there!

Upvote (2)

This is my second time writing to you all. On 4-4-15 I went shopping there that day I had the family dollar coupons 5/25 and $3 off plus other coupons that expired that day the girl was new that ring me up and the coupons was not coming off like they should so I did not say anything to her I just said that I would take it back the next day when the manager was in so the next ay I took everything back the manager was the only one working when I went in I was the only customer everything started out good she was going over my receipt she went through the coupons in which I use so the store good full and we stop until she waited on the other customers so she gave me a refund by the time she gave me the refund the store was full again remind you she was the only one working store is clear now she re rings my stuff back up for some reason the cash register froze or something and then she just started going off she went from being great to an evil BITCH saying the coupons would not take and I could not use a 2.00 one cause the Tresemme was on sale for 1.75 and she would let me have it for .25 I could not make her realize that it was not .25 it was 1.75 and .25 was overage she was so rude and I was offended because I have been shopping in FD just as long as it has been here and never no problem with no one but her she gave me back my coupons all but my 5/2 coupon on nivera.

This is my break down (2) Head &Shoulder $2.00 each coupon 3/2 (1) Tresemme 1.75 $2.00 coupon (2) Nivea $4.00 each $8.00 $5.00/2 (4) Suavitels $3.00 each $12.00 2-$2.50 on 2 which was $5.00 on 4 (1) Mitchum $3.00 and a $3.00 coupon. my total before taxes was $28.75 had the FD coupons 5/25 and the $3.00 so that was $8.00 leaving total 20.75 my coupons $18.00 my total should have been $2.75 taxes added $1.92 total should have been $4.67 and I tried my best to explain that to the manager she could not see I know my total was not $15.41. if you coupon you gonna have your total figured out when you go shopping and my Suavitels pearls had a high $2.50 value and they expired that day so mad.Your Camilla Ga Manager needs to learn some manners and stop being a hot head because I even told her to figure it up on her calculator and subtract but she would not just so disrespectful and she need couponing lessons because the next time it might not be me all nice and just walk away.

Upvote (0)

Told manager at my local Family Dollar that the milk in the fridge was expired and her response was that milk is good two weeks after expiration date. What? Seriously!

Upvote (0)

Your store located at 1801 Central Pky, Cincinnati, is perhaps the worst display of " customer service " I have ever witnessed. The cashiers are often rude, talking, texting and even yelling back and forth at other employees. They seldom if ever greet or say, "Thanks".
My family and friends have experienced the same rude treatment at the same location for better than 2 / 3 years. Stay clear if possible.

Upvote (0)

I often go to the Family Dollar located in Franklinton, Louisiana. The conditions of the store continues to deteriorate. It is so messy and cluttered you cannot shop. The last 5 times I have gone in there ( some of the times in the morning and some past noon) shipment boxes have been placed in the isles blocking anyone from retrieving items to purchase. Clothes from the racks are scattered on the floor which is a hazard as one elderly lady almost fell today . As a matter of fact one lady shopping was so aggravated as to the disarray of the store she left her buggy which contained a few items and stated" since I can hardly walk in this blank blank store, I will take my business elsewhere. There was a line of people waiting at the register (1 register was open) while the manager was sitting at the computer rather than helping at the register or cleaning the store. Apparently customer service and cleanliness is something lacking at this location. I hope more people will state facts of this such to the corporate offices otherwise it could go unknown. Please address this problem as you can see it is costing the business customers and revenue. Thanks and please feel free to email if you wish.

Upvote (0)

This store is located in Sayreville,NJ... I asked an employee that was stocking the shelves how much the Gatorade was. She snottingly said that I had to bring the bottle to the counter so they can ring it up. Totally not right.

Upvote (0)

When I went today to return pants that I had bought and ripped within the minute of me wearing them, I was told my the assistant manager that I was to "fat" and that's why it broke. She stated even though it was an XL I shouldn't have bought them and that I was larger than her! All this in front of a line of costumers! Very disrespectful!

Upvote (0)

The store manager is always standing outside at the door smoking. You have to constantly wait at the register for him to come in, he comes in finally, on the phone cursing in front of customers and kids,, the " f word" and checking people out, no "thank you" the store has no one around to help you, they're never around. This is a daily thing, it seems like family dollar would honor the word " family" we hate going in there because of this rude manager. The cursing has been brought to his attention numerous times, but he knows nothing will be done about it. This is the Eunice, Louisiana store ( newer one) someone needs to come here and see. Thanks.

Upvote (0)

I found out recently that your stores carry the Cafe' Al Fresco drinks, so I went to the nearest store to me, address is 11520 Quail Roost Drive, Miami Fl.33157, tel. no 305-378-6545 and saw the drinks but not the flavor I've been used to for a long time, Beatrice at that store is a very nice and polite young lady, I did buy the Vanilla and the Hazelnut to try them but I don't like the flavors so I asked them at the store if they could order the favor which I'm used to and they told me that's all that came to the store so I went on my computer and got the tel. no. of the head office and I was told to call the district manager which I did and her name is Maria and she told me to call the manager at the store and make a request for the Caramel drink which I'm used to which I did, her name is Nancy and I did make my request but she obviously wasn't interested in helping me and she gave me an attitude saying she couldn't do so, I just don't understand this if the store is already getting other flavors why can't I have the one that I've been drinking for almost a yr.

I have spoken to Brian who works for the Café al Fresco for quite some time and it was he who told me about your store having the drinks and when I called him and told him that you don't have the flavor and he told me to call your headquarters and see if you would be kind enough to let me have the flavor which I wanted and then I got the run around so I guess i'll just have to pay the $80 and have Brian send the drinks to me, i'll be 80yrs. old this October and I'm a widow with no children, I had emergency surgery last June and the Dr. told me that I cold only drink water which I hate and that's why I need the Cafe' Al Fresco Caramel syrup but nobody cares these days, end of story.

Upvote (0)

On 1/23/15,I, experience the worst shopping event I have every had at store at any family dollar store , the store number 08475# and the location is 1723 S main St. Gainesville. I shop in this location at least two times and week as well as the 23rd street location. I had the worst customer service experience having experiencing this type of shopping experience I will never shop at another family dollar. The lines were long due to the casher register would not accept visa cards and I did not have a problem with the machine not accepting visa debit cards but at least accepting another type of payment would have made this process a lot better and it would have made work out some of the issues this locating was having with this being said there should have been a back up plan in place, if this happens at another location and the store happens to be a bigger store you will have a lot more complaints coming from customers.

I was very disappoint that a back up plan was not in place and I was very disappointed with the out come, not only did the cash register would not accept visa cards but would not accept checks after the Manager stated to me that the register would accept checks . I end up placing almost 50.00$ dollars in items which had already been bag by the manger placing all my items back, customer had been waiting in line for almost 30 minutes to get help there was another cashier in the store but he walked by the long lines and did not help the front end supervisor from the Lake city store. The Manger was on hold at least an hour waiting for help from the corporate office to help get the machine back working it should have been a plan in place being a big company that make millions of dollars a year., I would encourage the company to think about getting a second cash register this would be helpful all customer if this happens in the near future.

With this being said I will not be returning to another Family dollar store in the near future.

Upvote (0)

I don't have a complaint about your stores or customer services. My complaint is about the SH_TLY little 1/2 or 1/3 size plastic bags that aren't any good for anything else, they aren't even big enough TO LINE A SMALL
WASTE BASKET ! IF I HAVE TO TAKE MY OWN BAGS TO YOUR STORE (which I won't) you'll have at least 1 less customer ...

YOUR UNDERSIZE PLASTIC BAGS ARE "JUNK", worthless, they are just big enough to clog up the landfill... and that's not good ! Maybe this is just my opinion, but maybe others are getting tired of picking everything up when they get home, stuff from your store all over the place, due to LITTLE JUNKY BAGS...

Upvote (1)

I spend a lot of money at the Family Dollar in Hudson New York on Fairview Ave. I was in there today and walked to the register as the cashier was eating and talking on her cell phone! As she was ringing my things in she rang one item in twice so I said to her "You really shouldn't be talking on your phone while waiting on customers" she replied the scanner did it. She preceded to keep the phone to her ear and I repeated myself again and she ignored what I said told the person on the other end to hold for a minute and I repeated myself one more time!! I have been in retail for 30 years! This is inappropriate,I have never had a problem before in this store. The Assistant Manager was at the other register on her phone and didn't acknowledge what was happening! She was a new cashier so I think she should be told the rules again. Sorry for this but I just could not believe it cause it has never happened before.

Upvote (7)

My daughter went to store number 08343 in Ohio she was really upset with the cashier she was really un professional and over price my daughter, then the cashier told my daughter what you want me to do about it, we prefer to pay for the same items more in target an no to be tread like this cashier they don’t need to be working there if they don’t know how to take care of the people. We never going back to fds.

Upvote (1)

I purchased a defective product and was told that I needed the bag it was in and all the hardware. I purchased a curtain rod and did not notice until hanging the rod that the other end was broken. I did not want my money back, just a swap The manager of the store stated she could Not resale the defective product without the original bag. Why would you want to resale any defective product to a customer? I will Never go back to Family Dollar, its cluttered anyways. I will continue shopping at Dollar General where the Customer happiness matters, and Zero clutter.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Lee on 03/22/2014 at IP address 172.56.20.10 using our 05163 Family Dollar complaint form. This opinions contained in this 05163 Family Dollar customer review titled, “sold defective product, no return or swapping allowed” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Upvote (0)

I started working for family dollar in Kansas city, mo. (homestore 1415) doing macro food resets. I passed my urinalysis , worked every day, on time, pretty much assured to be placed, and on the last day of the job was told some story about an incident I had created at store 1415, I hadn’t been in the store since floating to different stores. Come to find out the management didn’t want to place me because of my background check. 15 years ago I had a felony stealing charge, and 2 years ago a possession charge upon completion would have been dismissed. They could have been straight with me . I was so excited to start a new job, possibly career, .Family dollar lost one of the hardest workers ,dependable, and honest. I deserved this job, Atleast deserved to be told what was really going on. I would really like a chance at this job. please feel free to contact me 816-718-5639. thank you, Cassandra Rohlf

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by cassandra rohlf on 03/18/2014 at IP address 69.76.151.204 using our family dollar complaint form. This opinions contained in this family dollar customer review titled, “unprofessional managers” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Upvote (0)

I was in the Slayton Family Dollar Store on December 8, 2013. I wrote a check for $13.20, to cover my purchase. The information on my check would not scan, so I offered them my credit card, which worked (the clerks were having problems with other customers and their scanner, so there were many people in the check-out line). The handed my check back to me, which I voided, and left the store. When I received my bank statement for December 2013, I had a charge of $54.57 from Family Dollar dated December 10, 2013, with the check number of the check that I had voided! I do not work in Slayton and was not in Slayton on that day. I had my credit union send the charge back as “unauthorized”. Yesterday, I received a letter from TRS Revocery Services, Inc. (a debt collection company), demanding that I pay them the $54.57, plus a $30 return check fee! I called the Family Dollar store this morning in Slayton and talked to the manager, Amanda Grogan, and she advised me to call the number on the debt collection number!
This is not acceptable! Please advise as to what you can do to correct this problem. I can provide copies of my credit card invoice and bank statements upon request.
Thank you.
Wanda Daniels

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Wanda Daneils on 03/18/2014 at IP address 184.10.29.18 using our Family Dollar located in Slayton MN complaint form. This opinions contained in this Family Dollar located in Slayton MN customer review titled, “Unauthorized charge” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Upvote (0)

On September 17th around 4:00 PM I went into the local Family Dollar at Osceola AR. My purchase seeking was for some fall decorations at which I found. Why I was looking I found some summer lawn decor priced at 75% off. So I tryed to purchase several items. When I got to the cash register the discount was not honored because the check out person and manager did not know how to do the discount and did not care. They said they were to busy to figure it out. No worries will not be back as the rude6ness is much to much. Thanks Lea Hedger

Upvote (0)

I live near this family dollar and I go to this one most often and every time I go its this same rude employee walking around with her cell phone to her head not greeting customers and when checking customers out still on her personal cell phone while conducting a transaction. I never see anyone wearing name tags I happen to go in and ask a manager what was the complaint line number and gave her a description of the person I had complaints about and got the name Bonita. It upsets me that employees are walking around on personal phones and not being able to answer questions one may have or being in a check out line hearing all your employees personal buissness because shes on her personal phone while checking customers out..

Upvote (0)

I stop there after work at about 7 pm all the time. There is always workers in the store listening to their radios or talking on the phone or texting, when they are clearly supposed to be zoning or putting merchandise on the shelves. This particular store is a mess all the time.

I can barely get down the path. Sometimes they even block that whole area, so that the customer doesn’t bother THEM while they are texting. Now, this is the first time I’ve made an official complaint, because what happened this evening has made me angry enough to do so.

I go to the register and ring the bell, and I could hear her complaining that a customer was there and that she couldn’t get any work done. Then she comes around the corner, eventually, and is steadily talking on her phone in spanish. She continues talking non stop to the phone and never says a word to me. She didn’t tell me the total, look at me, or tell me anything …..

I interrupted her by asking her name, and her managers name,so that I could do something about this. The address is 1403 Gentry, Tyler, TX.

Upvote (0)

i have gone to shop at the family dollar on northwest hwy 6313 for as long as it has been opened i enjoy it but lately there is a new cashier there by the name jennifer on her name tag this cashier can barely keep her eyes opened and she acts like she is on some kind of drug she should be a very big concern working with the public and money i feel uncomftorable with her checking me out someone needs to check into this concern and maybe do a drug test to find out if this employee should be working for your company just a concerned customer thank you

Upvote (0)

The store located In Dorchester MA ( Fields Corner Section), has very unprofessional staff , the floors are dirty, the Manager is very arrogant , racial profiling, and discriminates against disabled people. I found this to be true on September 24th 2011. He targets minorities, and disabled people ,accussing them of stealing. I will never shop @ any Family dollar again. The Corporation should be sued, class action by the customers it has wrongfully accussed, and bullied. I also think the Department of Justice / Civil Division should be notified. I say LETS BOYCOTT FAMILY DOLLAR STORES.

Upvote (0)

This family dollar store is always messy, even after a renovation boxes on floors, last time there was detergent drips on floors, no one took care of them I told the manager and she pretend that didn’t hear. I went three hours later the mess was still on floors. Other complain the prices on deals are not always truth, fake deals. I went to family dollar last week, and asked to use the restroom. It’s always out order and the cashier told me that, “no one going to use the restrooms.”  Sorry i get very involved but I like the products and prices on this family dollar store and it’s the closest on my neighborhood. I get very upset because still the same people are working on that store, and they don’t care about us as customers.

Contact the Family Dollar Complaint Department