Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by Charlene Morocco
Jan 13, 2015 - Troy, NY
Bad

I spend a lot of money at the Family Dollar in Hudson New York on Fairview Ave. I was in there today and walked to the register as the cashier was eating and talking on her cell phone! As she was ringing my things in she rang one item in twice so I said to her "You really shouldn't be talking on your phone while waiting on customers" she replied the scanner did it. She preceded to keep the phone to her ear and I repeated myself again and she ignored what I said told the person on the other end to hold for a minute and I repeated myself one more time!! I have been in retail for 30 years! This is inappropriate,I have never had a problem before in this store. The Assistant Manager was at the other register on her phone and didn't acknowledge what was happening! She was a new cashier so I think she should be told the rules again. Sorry for this but I just could not believe it cause it has never happened before.

Have you had problems with Family Dollar?

Compare Family Dollar to Similar Retail Stores more...

Top 23 Reviews about Family Dollar

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Family Dollar customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Poor

I was at Family Dollar on 05-01-2015 @ 12:42:25. I was at store #01388 320 E. Sangamon St, Petersburg, IL 62675. I had 5 items and my change back should have been $16.78, instead it was $15.78. She put the ticket on top of the bills and the change on top of the ticket. I noticed it when I got home and she didn't count my change back to me. This store is close to a high rise with old people. How often are people short changed? I won't be going back to this store. It's just $1 but I'm more worried about the elderly. Please check this store out. I still have my ticket but that won't help. Those dollars add up.

Horrible

The manager, Destiny, at Family Dollar in Robert Lee Texas is so rude to the employees. I used to spend 300.00 a month but ever since she's manager, I won't go in there. She is so rude and is always on her cell phone. Her boyfriend comes in there and goes in the back with her. That is wrong. She even fired a good employee who did everything just so she could hire her friends.

I would like to see Teresa Fernandez back to working. Please get rid of this manager! Everyone around here does not like her! Some people won't go there as long as she is working there. She is nasty and also yells at employees and treats them like kids. Please do something so I can shop there!

Bad

This is my second time writing to you all. On 4-4-15 I went shopping there that day I had the family dollar coupons 5/25 and $3 off plus other coupons that expired that day the girl was new that ring me up and the coupons was not coming off like they should so I did not say anything to her I just said that I would take it back the next day when the manager was in so the next ay I took everything back the manager was the only one working when I went in I was the only customer everything started out good she was going over my receipt she went through the coupons in which I use so the store good full and we stop until she waited on the other customers so she gave me a refund by the time she gave me the refund the store was full again remind you she was the only one working store is clear now she re rings my stuff back up for some reason the cash register froze or something and then she just started going off she went from being great to an evil BITCH saying the coupons would not take and I could not use a 2.00 one cause the Tresemme was on sale for 1.75 and she would let me have it for .25 I could not make her realize that it was not .25 it was 1.75 and .25 was overage she was so rude and I was offended because I have been shopping in FD just as long as it has been here and never no problem with no one but her she gave me back my coupons all but my 5/2 coupon on nivera.

This is my break down (2) Head &Shoulder $2.00 each coupon 3/2 (1) Tresemme 1.75 $2.00 coupon (2) Nivea $4.00 each $8.00 $5.00/2 (4) Suavitels $3.00 each $12.00 2-$2.50 on 2 which was $5.00 on 4 (1) Mitchum $3.00 and a $3.00 coupon. my total before taxes was $28.75 had the FD coupons 5/25 and the $3.00 so that was $8.00 leaving total 20.75 my coupons $18.00 my total should have been $2.75 taxes added $1.92 total should have been $4.67 and I tried my best to explain that to the manager she could not see I know my total was not $15.41. if you coupon you gonna have your total figured out when you go shopping and my Suavitels pearls had a high $2.50 value and they expired that day so mad.Your Camilla Ga Manager needs to learn some manners and stop being a hot head because I even told her to figure it up on her calculator and subtract but she would not just so disrespectful and she need couponing lessons because the next time it might not be me all nice and just walk away.

Bad

Told manager at my local Family Dollar that the milk in the fridge was expired and her response was that milk is good two weeks after expiration date. What? Seriously!

Bad

Your store located at 1801 Central Pky, Cincinnati, is perhaps the worst display of " customer service " I have ever witnessed. The cashiers are often rude, talking, texting and even yelling back and forth at other employees. They seldom if ever greet or say, "Thanks".
My family and friends have experienced the same rude treatment at the same location for better than 2 / 3 years. Stay clear if possible.

Bad

I often go to the Family Dollar located in Franklinton, Louisiana. The conditions of the store continues to deteriorate. It is so messy and cluttered you cannot shop. The last 5 times I have gone in there ( some of the times in the morning and some past noon) shipment boxes have been placed in the isles blocking anyone from retrieving items to purchase. Clothes from the racks are scattered on the floor which is a hazard as one elderly lady almost fell today . As a matter of fact one lady shopping was so aggravated as to the disarray of the store she left her buggy which contained a few items and stated" since I can hardly walk in this blank blank store, I will take my business elsewhere. There was a line of people waiting at the register (1 register was open) while the manager was sitting at the computer rather than helping at the register or cleaning the store. Apparently customer service and cleanliness is something lacking at this location. I hope more people will state facts of this such to the corporate offices otherwise it could go unknown. Please address this problem as you can see it is costing the business customers and revenue. Thanks and please feel free to email if you wish.

Poor

This store is located in Sayreville,NJ... I asked an employee that was stocking the shelves how much the Gatorade was. She snottingly said that I had to bring the bottle to the counter so they can ring it up. Totally not right.

Poor

When I went today to return pants that I had bought and ripped within the minute of me wearing them, I was told my the assistant manager that I was to "fat" and that's why it broke. She stated even though it was an XL I shouldn't have bought them and that I was larger than her! All this in front of a line of costumers! Very disrespectful!

Bad

The store manager is always standing outside at the door smoking. You have to constantly wait at the register for him to come in, he comes in finally, on the phone cursing in front of customers and kids,, the " f word" and checking people out, no "thank you" the store has no one around to help you, they're never around. This is a daily thing, it seems like family dollar would honor the word " family" we hate going in there because of this rude manager. The cursing has been brought to his attention numerous times, but he knows nothing will be done about it. This is the Eunice, Louisiana store ( newer one) someone needs to come here and see. Thanks.

Bad

I found out recently that your stores carry the Cafe' Al Fresco drinks, so I went to the nearest store to me, address is 11520 Quail Roost Drive, Miami Fl.33157, tel. no 305-378-6545 and saw the drinks but not the flavor I've been used to for a long time, Beatrice at that store is a very nice and polite young lady, I did buy the Vanilla and the Hazelnut to try them but I don't like the flavors so I asked them at the store if they could order the favor which I'm used to and they told me that's all that came to the store so I went on my computer and got the tel. no. of the head office and I was told to call the district manager which I did and her name is Maria and she told me to call the manager at the store and make a request for the Caramel drink which I'm used to which I did, her name is Nancy and I did make my request but she obviously wasn't interested in helping me and she gave me an attitude saying she couldn't do so, I just don't understand this if the store is already getting other flavors why can't I have the one that I've been drinking for almost a yr.

I have spoken to Brian who works for the Café al Fresco for quite some time and it was he who told me about your store having the drinks and when I called him and told him that you don't have the flavor and he told me to call your headquarters and see if you would be kind enough to let me have the flavor which I wanted and then I got the run around so I guess i'll just have to pay the $80 and have Brian send the drinks to me, i'll be 80yrs. old this October and I'm a widow with no children, I had emergency surgery last June and the Dr. told me that I cold only drink water which I hate and that's why I need the Cafe' Al Fresco Caramel syrup but nobody cares these days, end of story.

Bad

On 1/23/15,I, experience the worst shopping event I have every had at store at any family dollar store , the store number 08475# and the location is 1723 S main St. Gainesville. I shop in this location at least two times and week as well as the 23rd street location. I had the worst customer service experience having experiencing this type of shopping experience I will never shop at another family dollar. The lines were long due to the casher register would not accept visa cards and I did not have a problem with the machine not accepting visa debit cards but at least accepting another type of payment would have made this process a lot better and it would have made work out some of the issues this locating was having with this being said there should have been a back up plan in place, if this happens at another location and the store happens to be a bigger store you will have a lot more complaints coming from customers.

I was very disappoint that a back up plan was not in place and I was very disappointed with the out come, not only did the cash register would not accept visa cards but would not accept checks after the Manager stated to me that the register would accept checks . I end up placing almost 50.00$ dollars in items which had already been bag by the manger placing all my items back, customer had been waiting in line for almost 30 minutes to get help there was another cashier in the store but he walked by the long lines and did not help the front end supervisor from the Lake city store. The Manger was on hold at least an hour waiting for help from the corporate office to help get the machine back working it should have been a plan in place being a big company that make millions of dollars a year., I would encourage the company to think about getting a second cash register this would be helpful all customer if this happens in the near future.

With this being said I will not be returning to another Family dollar store in the near future.

Bad

I don't have a complaint about your stores or customer services. My complaint is about the SH_TLY little 1/2 or 1/3 size plastic bags that aren't any good for anything else, they aren't even big enough TO LINE A SMALL
WASTE BASKET ! IF I HAVE TO TAKE MY OWN BAGS TO YOUR STORE (which I won't) you'll have at least 1 less customer ...

YOUR UNDERSIZE PLASTIC BAGS ARE "JUNK", worthless, they are just big enough to clog up the landfill... and that's not good ! Maybe this is just my opinion, but maybe others are getting tired of picking everything up when they get home, stuff from your store all over the place, due to LITTLE JUNKY BAGS...

Poor

My daughter went to store number 08343 in Ohio she was really upset with the cashier she was really un professional and over price my daughter, then the cashier told my daughter what you want me to do about it, we prefer to pay for the same items more in target an no to be tread like this cashier they don’t need to be working there if they don’t know how to take care of the people. We never going back to fds.

Bad

I purchased a defective product and was told that I needed the bag it was in and all the hardware. I purchased a curtain rod and did not notice until hanging the rod that the other end was broken. I did not want my money back, just a swap The manager of the store stated she could Not resale the defective product without the original bag. Why would you want to resale any defective product to a customer? I will Never go back to Family Dollar, its cluttered anyways. I will continue shopping at Dollar General where the Customer happiness matters, and Zero clutter.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Lee on 03/22/2014 at IP address 172.56.20.10 using our 05163 Family Dollar complaint form. This opinions contained in this 05163 Family Dollar customer review titled, “sold defective product, no return or swapping allowed” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Horrible

I started working for family dollar in Kansas city, mo. (homestore 1415) doing macro food resets. I passed my urinalysis , worked every day, on time, pretty much assured to be placed, and on the last day of the job was told some story about an incident I had created at store 1415, I hadn’t been in the store since floating to different stores. Come to find out the management didn’t want to place me because of my background check. 15 years ago I had a felony stealing charge, and 2 years ago a possession charge upon completion would have been dismissed. They could have been straight with me . I was so excited to start a new job, possibly career, .Family dollar lost one of the hardest workers ,dependable, and honest. I deserved this job, Atleast deserved to be told what was really going on. I would really like a chance at this job. please feel free to contact me 816-718-5639. thank you, Cassandra Rohlf

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by cassandra rohlf on 03/18/2014 at IP address 69.76.151.204 using our family dollar complaint form. This opinions contained in this family dollar customer review titled, “unprofessional managers” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Poor

I was in the Slayton Family Dollar Store on December 8, 2013. I wrote a check for $13.20, to cover my purchase. The information on my check would not scan, so I offered them my credit card, which worked (the clerks were having problems with other customers and their scanner, so there were many people in the check-out line). The handed my check back to me, which I voided, and left the store. When I received my bank statement for December 2013, I had a charge of $54.57 from Family Dollar dated December 10, 2013, with the check number of the check that I had voided! I do not work in Slayton and was not in Slayton on that day. I had my credit union send the charge back as “unauthorized”. Yesterday, I received a letter from TRS Revocery Services, Inc. (a debt collection company), demanding that I pay them the $54.57, plus a $30 return check fee! I called the Family Dollar store this morning in Slayton and talked to the manager, Amanda Grogan, and she advised me to call the number on the debt collection number!
This is not acceptable! Please advise as to what you can do to correct this problem. I can provide copies of my credit card invoice and bank statements upon request.
Thank you.
Wanda Daniels

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Wanda Daneils on 03/18/2014 at IP address 184.10.29.18 using our Family Dollar located in Slayton MN complaint form. This opinions contained in this Family Dollar located in Slayton MN customer review titled, “Unauthorized charge” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Poor

On September 17th around 4:00 PM I went into the local Family Dollar at Osceola AR. My purchase seeking was for some fall decorations at which I found. Why I was looking I found some summer lawn decor priced at 75% off. So I tryed to purchase several items. When I got to the cash register the discount was not honored because the check out person and manager did not know how to do the discount and did not care. They said they were to busy to figure it out. No worries will not be back as the rude6ness is much to much. Thanks Lea Hedger

Horrible

I live near this family dollar and I go to this one most often and every time I go its this same rude employee walking around with her cell phone to her head not greeting customers and when checking customers out still on her personal cell phone while conducting a transaction. I never see anyone wearing name tags I happen to go in and ask a manager what was the complaint line number and gave her a description of the person I had complaints about and got the name Bonita. It upsets me that employees are walking around on personal phones and not being able to answer questions one may have or being in a check out line hearing all your employees personal buissness because shes on her personal phone while checking customers out..

Poor

I stop there after work at about 7 pm all the time. There is always workers in the store listening to their radios or talking on the phone or texting, when they are clearly supposed to be zoning or putting merchandise on the shelves. This particular store is a mess all the time.

I can barely get down the path. Sometimes they even block that whole area, so that the customer doesn’t bother THEM while they are texting. Now, this is the first time I’ve made an official complaint, because what happened this evening has made me angry enough to do so.

I go to the register and ring the bell, and I could hear her complaining that a customer was there and that she couldn’t get any work done. Then she comes around the corner, eventually, and is steadily talking on her phone in spanish. She continues talking non stop to the phone and never says a word to me. She didn’t tell me the total, look at me, or tell me anything …..

I interrupted her by asking her name, and her managers name,so that I could do something about this. The address is 1403 Gentry, Tyler, TX.

Contact the Family Dollar Complaint Department