Customer Satisfaction Results

Denny's

Complaint Department

Posted by Complaints Department on Apr 10, 2013
Customer Rating

Every 2nd Wednesday of the month for years from 12 to 14 weman get together around 8 AM for Breakfast. The lasr three months things have really changed. They make us feel unwelcome. The service is not very good. All the waitress that had worked there for years no longer work there. The food is not as good, the coffee of the April 10th morning was not hot it was just barely warm. Even through there were not very many people there they did not want to put the tables together for us. They always had before. Serveral of us were discussing where else we could start going to besides of Denny;s. I think they are losing a lot of business.

19 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Denny's provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Denny's?

Compare Denny's to Similar Restaurants more...

More Denny's Complaints

Customer Rating

This last week my wife and I were eating at Denny’s off of White Bear Ave just across from Maplewood Mall, MN. When a person behind my wife took a couple puffs off his e-cigarette. It was just like someone was setting on your chest. When I did make eye contact with that person then he put it away. But the vapors and smell was in the air for everyone else to enjoy. I did call this complaint in and was told your policy was not against anyone smoking them. If you would please take a good look at this web site. It was on national TV so a lot of people had to see it if not glued to a ball game.

4 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Was in Denny's toledo Ohio in dec .at about midnight my wife and I .. We get seated takes the waiter 20 mins to ask our drink order 5 whole tables filled in restaurant ..after getting our drinks 15 min later he comes take our order I repeated my order twice to the guy and he looks at me and yell EXCUSE ME SIR BUT YOU DONT NEED TO REPEATE YOUR ORDER .. Few words were exchanged we left called to talk to the manager the manager said she would have the store manager call us back ...we've herd nothing great job Denny's

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

to star with 7 tables ready to use manager was saying 45 minute to every body i was seated in 10 minutes after that took 15 minutes to take my order after my order was taked i call my server to change my wife’s order she toll me she cant do it that i need to talk to the manager i cant belive this i toll her forget it 15 minute later manager came to see if i want to change my order i toll her no ok after that the food came 30 minute late my was warm and my wife was cool the table next to me complaint about the food cool and she dont want it waiter say no only can do is a discount this is unbelivebled i paid my bill with not tip i will never go there

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Went to Marion Ohio Denny's at 1:00 pm. We ordered at 1:10, 2 pancakes and a value slam dinner. 45min. later at 1:55 we got our meal, which not only was it cold,but was also smaller in size.we have been having problems not only at Marions but also at Mansfield, which has a attitude problem. Sorry, NO MORE DENNY'S. Have a great day.

Customer Rating

Just a few hours ago I was almost shot by the police over a dirty bathroom. Early this am friends and I met up at Denny's.. store # 7873 address 108 college st. se Lacy, Wa 98503 and I arrived first. Since I arrived first I used that time to use the bathroom. When I walked in the restroom it was vile; urine, food, caked on human droppings and tp all over the pace. The bathroom was in rough shape and had not been cleaned. I had to squat to relieve myself and use my shoed foot to flush toilet. piss every where.. Any who there is a sign that tells you to notify manger if bathroom is dirty and I did so nicely. Rachel the manager did not like my confronting about the bathroom, she became curt and made her way to the restroom. Only to return moments later accusing me of breaking an item. again, bathroom trashed.. After our encounter I said my good byes and explained to her because the conditions of her restaurant I could not spend our money there.

I walked out to inform party and everything was great.. as far as I knew.... My friends and were talking in parking lot, I ran to grab my car and as I was getting out I was surrounded by the police. We all put our hands up dnt shoot! They had their darn guns out threatening to kill us! We were surrounded by cops with their guns pointed right at us. I stated I was going to grab my cell phone to officer and the other officer pulled out his weapon and hubby jumped in front of the barrel. That cop was going to shoot me in the back! Denny's I am filing a lawsuit! Clean your bathroom!

Customer Rating

I was with my husband in Orlando in Florida in January, we have been using Dennys for 25 years on trips all over the USA
we went to Dennys opposite wet and wild on International Drive Orlando,, for our evening meal, I ordered beef skillet with
mashed potato and when I started to eat it I found a piece of metal in the beef and gravy, when I called the Manager over
he said it was a piece of pan scrub, and asked me what else I wanted, I said a burger with fries, even though I didn’t feel
like much else, when the bill came for my husband and myself, the Manager made us pay for everything, which
I thought was a little off. Had I eaten the metal it could have been dangerous for my mouth.

We did not go to anymore Dennys and will be reluctant to in the future, I should have written sooner, but my husband
has been ill.

FY8 2TH
Lancashire
England

Customer Rating

Been to two Denny’s . One at flying j in Ogden Utah . The other in north plate Nebraska also a flying j . Both times different food both time got sick for two days . I’m about to call the Feds I feel Denny’s are terrorist trying to knock us all off . The health inspector needs to inspect these place rotten food . I promise never ever to step into a Denny’s ever again an will tell everyone my experiences at there resturants

Customer Rating

Having walked in the door at 5:12 in Speaking ti our waitress I explainef to her I was ready to order. Waited 15 minutes. I went to the regesiter was told by Manager she only had 1 server on and she would be right with us 5:44 Orders placded. 6:06 Everyone else has there food. i order soup and salad STILL WAITING ”””’ WOREST SERVICE I HAVE EVER HAD

Customer Rating

Saturday, March 29th around 8:45 A.M.
Kayla seated us took our drink order, brought them to the table and left quickly. She didn’t return for 10 min. When we said something about how long it took, Kayla got very smart aleck with us for another minute or two. Food came out quickly and was served by another waitress. Then Kayla passed by the table again and made another smart aleck comment walked on off looked over her shoulder laughing. The order was not exactly right the first Time.
she could have just apologized and all would have been well. Politeness goes a long way in earning a tip in my book.

Customer Rating

There were 8 of us total that had a really bad experience. Our party got seated and our server took our drink order. 20 minutes later another party got seated, (during this time our server is getting our drinks )the other party was done eating we just got a our drinks and our waiter was taking our order. Then about 30 minutes later our order comes out. My child did not get her meal. Why you ask, the cook did not make it. So we now wait for her meal to come out. Needless to say that all of our meals did not come out together. So some of our party was almost done eating and other were starting to eat. As we are waiting, all of the servers are talking in one group, dancing around having a good time, and this fat waitress starts flirting with my husband. Now I am pissed about the whole situation. When it was time to leave my husband went to talk to the manager (which was a little Asian lady) she roller her eyes at us when we told her what was going on and just stared like she didn't even speak English. When I start talking then all of the waitresses are standing around listening to the complaints and not doing there jobs and are so freaking nosy. This is the worst experience that I have had in a long time. The manager asked what we wanted from her, of course we want a good experience, my kid didn't get her meal until later later, she then took it off the bill but she was rude. So who is going to do something about the staff at this location? This location is the Fort Myers on Summerlin Rd.

Customer Rating

Have not been to Denny's in years. Now I know why. My visit was in Des Moines, Wa. The highlight of the visit was the very sweet waitress. I had a sticky menu. Season fries were cold. Never received water my husband requested. Chicken strip, very dry. Order no tomatoes in the super bird, received tomatoes. And talk about an old, tired building! I predict the end of Denny's if you don't take a serious look at your business.

Customer Rating

This facility is located/ connected to the Fly J Travel Plaza in Carlisle, PA. At around 10pm local, decided to go inside and get bite to eat. Longer than normal wait to get seated. There where approximately 10 to 15 patrons. Was supplied with coffee and water and order was taken. As my visit extended, there was a surge in patrons. Of the five employee's there, this was based on name tags present, only one was trying to accommodate all the tables. Dirty dishes where piled up on lunch counter and on several tables. Several patrons upon trying to leave where left standing at cashier counter for 10-20 minutes while that individual was standing behind service counter talking and enjoying a beverage. Two tables near myself where concerned that it was taking so long to get service and then their meal. Both tables expressed their displeasure to their waitress. When she passed this on to what appeared to be Manager, his reaction was to hide in back of kitchen for about 20 minutes.

The collection of DIRTY dishes was passed over by same manager several times, even though he looked at them in passing. When I asked if he was manager, he replied in the affirmative. Asked same individual why there was so many dirty dishes in the service area, he rattled off several excuse's. One in particular about the cook had cut his fingertip off, this after or during the preparation of my meal?? In the end his excuse's and complaining about lack of good help, told me he was looking for another job anyway and really didn't care. His followup actions to the complaint's by the two tables was to go back and holler at Employee's. In particular the only one that was trying to take care of all customer's. As a 37 yr. Customer Service Based career, this entire situation was the Acting Managers FAILURE.

His overall appearance and attitude was one I expect from a much younger person. To have subjected every patron to the site of dirty dishes everywhere and possible exposure to blood in their food, is totally unacceptable. And when approached by PAYING customer's complaint's, excuse the cause he is looking for another job, just out right WRONG. Yes, asked for his name, due to no tag on the dirty and frumpy clothes, it was given. Mr. John Torres is the representative of the attitude and appearance of this location. Thank you for the forum to vent this concern. As drivers we really don't expect our concern's to be taken serious, but some of us still try.

Customer Rating

We live in Thousand Palms and enjoy the convenience of your Denny's #6863 on Varner. However, you only have shade cloth on your windows and our desert sun is way too hot for this thin covering. When the servers pull down this shade cloth the sun still hits you directly in the face for your entire meal. You need to install blinds that can shut out the bright sun after 4:00 p.m. in the afternoon. Without blinds we won't be eating at this Denny's until winter. We are already 90 degrees in this area, with bright sun hitting directly on the entire row of booth seats in this restaurant.

Customer Rating

This Denny's restaurant on 27960 Southwest Freeway Rosenberg Tx 77471- is in not such a great location BUT they are often VERY busy; mostly any hour of the day and week. I haven't had really any issues with the service, just the place itself. It is sooo terrible. Run down, and needs a remodel. The ceiling is nasty, cushions on the seats are falling apart, and the walls are yellow amongst other issues. I took pictures if you would like me to email them! PLEASE help this place!!!

Customer Rating

We love our neighborhood Denny's due to the excellent service we are given from Jamie Lee. She always makes us feel special with be Bright Attitude. This young lady is a real asset to your company. However While we were at this location Sunday 03/22/15 It was the first time being there during a shift change. We felt very uncomfortable due to the fact of a young lady named Sonya speaking negatively about Jamie Lee and made it very clear she didn't care who herd it. Complaining Jamie Lee doesn't do side work. The other lady that was talking with her tried to make it clear Jamie works hard but she just kept on complaining. Jamie came and asked us what was wrong (she could see it in our face we wernt happy) She asked the ladies to please keep it down her regulars didn't like the conversation. Sonya then left and went to the front. You don't need this negative attitude bringing down this group of awesome people.

Customer Rating

Ordered kids breakfast chocolate pancakes with bacon and a side of scrambled eggs, no eggs with meal, hot chocolate didnt have whipped cream as had in previous trips , ordered a meal to go , ultimate omelete and left my nine year old at the table with my coffee while we were waiting i paid the bill, turned around to see bus boy take my coffee, waited additional 15 minutes for replacement coffee , then no spoon and no cream, totally frustrated by this terrible service, will be choosing a different company for our dining from now on. Cant give you the ticket number cause i wasnt given the receipt, but was at the dennys on north central express way in mckinney texas.

Customer Rating

My husband went to dennys this morning at approximately 7:30 22 March for breakfast at the restaurant in starkville Mississippi location. He said there was only 2 customers there so he thought quick service. It took 20 minutes to get waited on, coffee was cold ,hash browns were burned, eggs were cold, and sausage was inedible. No waitress would come back to see if anything was ok and when he paid and told them how bad it was, they told him "whatever". We had heard this place was bad but couldn't believe it. Now we do. We won't go back. Someone really needs to look into how this place is being run.

Customer Rating

I was very upset when the waitress Angie made the remark don't bother coming in here if you cant leave a better tip because I only left her a 5.00 tip. If 5.00 isn't enough tip for her then I will take my business else where and make sure my family and friends do to. Once we had to wait till she came in from outside smoking to get our food that was setting up there waiting for her to bring it to us. The place of business was Denny's at 41 Heather Ln, Perryville, MD 21903.

Customer Rating

I waited 45 minutes for my food and still did not get my food. It was only 3 customers at the restaurant and the employees was eating before the customers. The employees was constantly playing instead of cooking the food. I got up and left because service was very poor and the manager cannot control her shift.

Customer Rating

My boyfriend and I went to Denny's on brewerton rd/ route 11 in Mattydale NY ordering to go. A few minutes into being there, a cop and two men walked in and she started talking to the cashier/ waitress, explaining the situation. The waitress then called over the manager at the time (Tina) and the cop then also explained to her that the two men were traveling all the way from Canada and were just involved in an accident on the highway caused by a drunk driver. They had suitcases with them and their car was now totaled, they had no where to go for the time being so she was kindly asking the manager if they could stay inside Dennys for about 3 or more hours to sort everything out.

Tina refused the cops request, saying that if someone was to ask why they are there for so long it would put her in a bad situation. She also said something about it being in Dennys policy of a time limit. She then states to the cop "I'm only here for the next 2 or 3 hours anyways and I'm the last manager on for the night so I don't care what happens after I leave." Why state such a strict policy if you don't even care about it being implemented? She turned down a cops request for these 2 stranded men in a terrible situation for some policy that doesn't even matter to her. I would love for someone to email me about what can be done about this. She does not deserve to be a manager anywhere, especially at a family diner. Thank you.

Contact the Denny's Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Denny's. What is their corporate mailing address?

• I want to call the Denny's customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

• I need to visit the Denny's company website. What is their website address?