Customer Satisfaction Results

Denny's

Complaint Department

Filed by Complaints Department on Apr 10, 2013
Consumer Rating

Every 2nd Wednesday of the month for years from 12 to 14 weman get together around 8 AM for Breakfast. The lasr three months things have really changed. They make us feel unwelcome. The service is not very good. All the waitress that had worked there for years no longer work there. The food is not as good, the coffee of the April 10th morning was not hot it was just barely warm. Even through there were not very many people there they did not want to put the tables together for us. They always had before. Serveral of us were discussing where else we could start going to besides of Denny;s. I think they are losing a lot of business.

24 customers agree with this feedback

Do you agree? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Denny's?

Compare Denny's to Similar Restaurants more...

Denny's Customer Feedback Trending Now

230 Denny's consumers have created complaints against Denny's to date. Need to report poor customer service? Use our free Denny's complaint form to share your review. Need to contact Denny's corporate headquarters? Find office address, phone number, and email information here.

Consumer Rating

The dennys on south harbor across from disneyland is the worst I've ever experienced. slow service. Cold coffee. And defective jam at the table...old and gloppy. Bacon was stale. No refills offered. And not that many seats filled. The cheese was congealed on my grandsons mac and cheese. You would expect the best service given the location. The worst.

Consumer Rating

On April 12, 2015 my girlfriend and I decided to go to one of our favorite restaurants for some late night breakfast. When we arrived at the Denny's off of Mathilda ave. in Sunnyvale, CA we noticed the place was quite busy, after waiting 5 minutes to be seated we opted to go to a different Denny's. We went to the Denny's in Santa Clara CA 3715 El Camino Real. Though we were seated immediately, and got our drinks promptly, it was almost 15 minutes before our order was taken. 5 minutes after our order was taken we were informed that they were out of pancakes and were given the option of having French toast. First of all, how is it possible for Dennys to run out of pancakes? Second the main reason we love Denny's is because of they're pancakes. And third we were so hungry and tired of waiting we grudgingly agreed. After waiting another 15 minutes our food arrived, and this is what was wrong with our order.

The eggs were cooked wrong, we wanted 2 sausage and 2 bacon, but only received bacon. Our meal came with a juice but didn't receive it till we asked for it, and still had to wait another 5 minutes before we got it. For some reason we were only given one syrup to share, and our hash browns were undercooked. This was by far the absolute worst dining experience we've ever had at a Denny's. Though our server was very apologetic and comped us our drinks, the service was very lacking. That very same morning my in laws were celebrating a birthday and wanted to eat at that same Denny's but after having heard our story they decide to go the IHOP. I also believe this one experience will forever influence our opinion of Dennys. Our servers name was Rodolfo and our order # was 329783. Overall our experience was highly disappointing.

Consumer Rating

(Castro location) What a very dirty Denny's....worst one I have seen, bathrooms and restaurant. Hostess try to sit us in booth with a large hole in the cushion, but we asked for another. We ended up walking out after waiting for a waitress for over 15 min....they were to busy talking with old customers and amongst themselves. There were only three other tables with customers in the entire restaurant. We are royal customers of Denny's and when traveling we would always know that we could count on good food and service. None so much here. (Temecula , Ranch Calif Blvd location) Another dirty restaurant and bathrooms. Had to ask for coffee and waitress never checked back with us. I placed my order only having to repeat what I had asked in the beginning when serviced. Waitress was unfriendly, didn't smile once and rushed us with our order. Again very disappointed with both restaurants on our trip! We have two Denny's here in Redding, Calif and their both very clean, great food and great service!

Consumer Rating

Denny's restaurant on the intersection of hwy 287 and Sublett rd. Arlington TX. I have been coming to Denny's for over fifty years in the past five years I take my family out for breakfast six times a week spending close to 125.00 a wk plus tips. The Denny's I go to are as follows one on road to six flags, Hullen, carrier parkway, Cooper str, Foresthill,burleson, seminary Dr. But because of the way the one on Sublett treated me. As long as that franchise Denny's stay open I'll never eat there again. Cracker barrel, ihop, even MacDonalds never again at Denny's.

Consumer Rating

I completed your Denny's Listens and did not receive a code to receive the Pancake Puppies for free.

Consumer Rating

Waitress failed to bring plates to me for my appetizer only brought napkins. When asked for plates she said she will be right back with them never showed up wth them. My quesidilla was over cooked the first time then it was cooked perfect but they put tomatoes on it when I requested EVERYTHING on the side! Like really. Then the manager got smart and my boyfriend finished his food by the time I even got my food remade. I am highly disappointed.

Consumer Rating

My daughter, husband and I were seated. First the waiter came over took our drink order. Coffee for husband, hot chocolate for daughter, and water for me. The coffee was brought out pretty fast. The other two drinks were not brought out at this point. The waiter Cody, took our order. Husband ordered T-bone breakfast, eggs over easy, french fries instead of hash browns, white bread toast. Then I go to say my daughter's order, Kid's menu spaghetti ( she only eats this every time we go) the waiter looked at her and said, "Aren't you getting a little old to be ordering her that?" I was embarrassed to say the least, I didn't know why he would say that, what was the problem? I told him she is 12 and had ordered that for years, kids spaghetti with french bread and french fries. He had an issue with the food cost for kids menu and went on to explain the pricing scheme for kids and senior menus. I'm just sitting there nodding my head. WHAT HAD WE DONE WRONG? Nothing! He put us on the spot trying to get us to order a larger entree I guess was his goal, i guess. He even explained the fact that she would. Not be allowed to order that when she turned 13, my daughter was not thrilled, he embarrassed her to say the least. The family in the next table over overheard, and said that he really had no business getting into this discussion with me, as we had not violated any policy so forth. I was stunned, I felt like I wanted to leave at that point, but it was Easter so I ordered a Grand Slam Slugger. TURKEY BACON (I do not eat pork)' eggs over easy, hash browns, and pancakes. The coffee and hot chocolate they ordered would be the drinks for the slugger instead.

So after he left we waited, the water and hot chocolate never came, he never returned to the table, like 10 min had passed, I got up to look for the manager, to tell him what the waiter had said at the table. I told him we were about to walk out, and he apologized many times and said he would bag the order to go and offer 20% discount. I said no way, comp the ticket, Ill go home and eat it there. We waited over 30 min for the order to be prepared, another waiter gave us the bag, we got up and left. The manager did explain he comped the ticket as a way to show that he felt bad about what had happened. Anyway...

Husbands order... new York steak kinda raw, two eggs over easy, french fries (No toast...forgotten). Daughter's order... one box only containing kids spaghetti, (No garlic bread, no french fries, no cheese to put on top)....forgotten), and no hot chocolate from when we were inside the restaurant My order... 2 eggs over easy, hash browns and 4 PORK BACON (We do not, I repeat do not eat pork), I ordered turkey bacon. I was very clear about the fact i wanted turkey bacon, lastly was 2 pancakes. I called manager to tell him there were items missing, he apologized again, told me it was his fault as he was the one to bag the order, but did mot thoroughly check the order. I think that it has to easily be one of the worst dining (or attempted dining) experiences EVER. CODY THE WAITER was rude, the second waiter Kane was cocky and rude about bringing out our beverages after it was clear Cody was not our server at that point. The manager tried to do the right thing, but ended up making mistakes which made it worse. When I called he offered no further solution to this dilemma, that is why I spent my time sending thos complaint. I hope nobody would have to go through what we went through, just because the server (Cody) was being way to bossy and condescending. Outrageous that the table next to us witnessed the ongoing terrible service.

1 customer agrees with this feedback

Consumer Rating

If possible I would leave 0 stars. After being seated we waited over 15 minutes before anyone asked if we been helped. Other customers came and were seated and received their drinks even after we were there for 30 minutes. At that point another waitress came and asked if we been helped and I answered no. She seemed confused as she mentioned she had informed our waiter over 3 times that we needed help. At that point it was ridiculous and we decided to leave. This is the worst experience.

Consumer Rating

i was having a steak & egg breakfast early this morning at a Denny's restaurant in Riviera Beach, Florida and chipped my back tooth when I was chewing on my steak. I now have to go to the dentist to get it fixed and it's going to cost me money. I would like Dennys to pay for it.

Consumer Rating

Went to pick up grandchildren, was to meet at Denny's. Went into the restaurant to eat. Took 15 minutes to get seated, was told upon being seated that it would be a few minutes before our ( 4 of us ) server would get to us. Twenty five minutes later I had to go tell the hostess that our server hadn't come for us or booth behind us. While waiting watched another booth who came after us being greeted and order placed. Also witnessed a booth get served their food, with the Mushroom Swiss burger part of the order being sent back. This was done 3 times because it was missing mushrooms and onions. Manager was called to their booth and informed of situation, managers response was to take the burger no one had eaten off the ticket. We also observed food from kitchen sitting in window 5 to 10 minutes. Restaurant was only half full. Was told one server went home sick, but counted 4 other servers. Food was cold when it arrived 45 minutes later. My family and I were extremely disappointed, always loved Denny's but probably not eat at this one again. Thank You

Consumer Rating

On 03/15/2015 we visit your location on 530 S Clovis Ave, Fresno, Ca 93721. Our server was really nice and helpful but extremely busy. After waiting for our check for awhile, she finally brought it to us, we took it to the cashier to pay. The man at the counter was also extremely busy with a long line of people to pay their bill. When I gave him my receipt he charged my credit card $12.91, which I though was odd since I was paying for two meals. When he gave me the receipt I noticed that it was not what I ordered, I had been given someone else's bill. Now I don't know if our server gave it to me or the man at the counter since he had other receipts on the counter. He called for assistance and a woman came to help him, they adjusted the amount an gave me a receipt and said it was returned back to my card.

Since I have not received it, I called your location on 04/02/2015 and spoke to Holly, Assistant manager, she said she didn't know what I was talking about because that's not how she was train to give refunds, she was trained to give cash back only. Well, I really don't care how she was trained, I would just like to get my money back that was due, the two persons at the counter said it would be returned back on my card. I think they all have to be re-train again so that there is consistency on how to return customers money. I have two receipts, the correct amount paid, and a Credit Card Voucher/Merchant Copy, Post Adjust Check, Restaurant #2276, 03/15/2015, Order 105202, Cashier: Abraham, Total $12.91.

It's the principle, not the amount, and how Holly addressed my concern, although she did refer me to call MaryAnn, General Manager at 7:00 am. So again, I am asking how do I get my refund back, I really don't have the time to call at 7:00 am during my busiest time of getting ready for work. Please advise, thank you for taking the time to look into this matter for me.

Consumer Rating

What happened to the senior hamburger? When we asked the waiter, he said it was no longer on the menu. The closest we could come was some thing called the baja burger. It's made with a FLOUR (yuck) a tortilla and comes with ff and chops. Quite frankly, it was awful. Some things are a matter of taste so the fact that neither one of us liked the meat can be discounted (Maybe), but tortilla was greasy, the ff were barely warm, greasy and limp. There aren't too many eatable foods that are worse then greasy, limp ff. Chips were okay, I guess, but obviously right out of the bag. The wait was great, but not much he could do. Half, if not more, was left.

Consumer Rating

Terrible experience for my children & I it was a extremely UNPROFRESSIONAL work environment as well as the food was put on the plates sloppy ,not cooked well & staff was in need MORE training. The waiter forgot to bring my youngest sons grapes brought myself back food item I didn't order ,burnt bread & still charged for items but I paid without complaint just wanted to leave as quickly as possible! My WORST EXPERIENCE dining out EVER!

Consumer Rating

We went to Denny's in Bremerton Washington on March 31, 2015. The water glass I was given was absolutely horrible it was so dirty the 2nd was also dirty My husband looked across at the table next to us and there was food and crayons under the table. They were not busy at all We have lived in Bremerton for 20 years and only been there once b/4 and never went back again until the other day needless to say we wil never try it again!

Consumer Rating

I went into Denny's Store #1594 today April 1, 2015. I was with my daughter and grand daughter. We stood for 5 minutes waiting to be greet and seated. The manager Louis Lopez was standing at the register and never looked in our direction. I said as I was leaving "I guess they don't want our money, let take our business elsewhere and left. I called to the store from my car in the parking lot asking to speak to the manager, he said he was the manager and how could he help me. I asked for the corporate number. I was put on hold for two minutes, then was given the number. I then asked for the store location number and again was put on hold for another minute before being given the information. He never offered any apology or acted as if he cared that I had been totally ignored only minutes earlier.

Consumer Rating

i came to Denny's to eat only.I was wearing a jacket with no shirt.I asked the waitress if she could wait, I would like to go get a shirt and come back so I could take my jacket off it was too warm .when I came back I asked her why I had to wear a shirt when she doesn't wear a hairnet she handles food she should have a hairnet. When I was eating my food I found what appeared to be a pubic hair.(not mine).on one of my eggs,not funny. I asked her Why there's a hair on my egg. I told her I would like a Nother egg only is fine. The manager came back started Give me dirty looks lecturing me pointing at me lecturing me on yelling at his waitress I did not Yell at her. I am very hard of hearing I can't hear I talk loud but I don't yell. He knew about the situation of the hair.which means she told them my conversation with her about them having to wear hairnets. That was their resolution of my conversation about hairnets, was putting a hair in my food that my friend is very unethical. I wish no recourse I wish no compensation merely making you aware of the fact that this manager is bad news. Not to mention a waitress that didn't even Serve me,started pointing at me lecturing me like you have a conspiracy there they could care less of the law. When employees believe they're better than the customer it's time to put cameras in hidden places catch this Cook playing with peoples food for the waitress is unethicall.

Consumer Rating

My husband and daughter played the claw machine at the Bloomington, IN restaurant, putting $10 in (which the machine guaranteed would give them unlimited tries until they got a toy). They grabbed the frog toy many times, but the claw dropped it and eventually turned off. The waitress told us they didn't have a key, so she couldn't just give my daughter the frog, but she also couldn't refund my husband's $10. All of this would have been fine, if the machine wasn't a 'Play it or Buy it' machine. We bought the toy, but never received it.

Consumer Rating

I took my aunt there for dinner. I go there regularly at least twice a month. My server falynn .E was awesome but the sirloin steak dinner was bad, so I asked to talk to the manager to get at least a discount but was told to me by another server that 15% of aarp that I already have was the only discount amount allowed. Jo Ann the manager never even came up front to tell me nothing. I am a very unsatisfied customer. I am definitely not going back for a long time.3/31/15 restaurant #7961 time 5:43:04 order #566170

Consumer Rating

On or about 30 March 2015, my wife and I stopped in to the Denny's restaurant located on I35E, Lewisville, Texas. We have visited many Denny's establishments over the years, and have received good, bad, and mediocre service at just about all of them. However the service at this particular location requires my time to comment not only to corporate but I will also copy this to their Facebook page! When we first arrived we were probably the third or fourth party to be seated so there was no wait time. This was about the only good thing I can say about our visit. We were asked for our drink order which was coffee with creamer and ice water, ( for each of us). When the waitress returned with our drinks we placed our order of an appetizer plate, cheese quesedila, cheese sticks, and onion rings. It was then that we noticed there was only one ice water, and one creamer for our coffee and one cup was only half full. Then we did not see our waitress again, the appetizer was delivered by another waitress who we had to ask for more creamer. Then we had to request dipping sauce and salsa for our appetizer that was delivered with only marinara (seriously for quesadila?).After being there for over an hour we thought that the bottomless cup of coffee thing was just a trap as no one bothered to bring, offer or suggest a refill. Not only will I never frequent this establishment but I will REFER all that I know to Waffle House!!!!

Contact the Denny's Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Denny's. What is their corporate mailing address?

Not available. Click here to file your Denny's complaint online.

• I want to call the Denny's customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

Not available. Click here to file your Denny's complaint online.

• I need to visit the Denny's company website. What is their website address?