Customer Service Rating
2.03 out of 5 Stars
Based on 271 Votes

Denny's Complaints

customers have reported 271 problems so far...

Welcome to the Denny's company complaint page. Here you can file a complaint against Denny's online for poor customer service, billing problems, or report a rude employee. If you need to contact the Denny's corporate office with your feedback, there is information listed below including mailing address, customer service phone number, and support email address.

Feedback for Denny's corporate?

Top 271 Customer Reviews

Experienced poor service? Click here now to visit the Denny's complaint department.

I have come in to the Denny's the last two nights just to drink water at one of the booths and play on the internet. Now I have been a patron of the establishment for 30 years. And at one time I worked for the company. I have eaten meals here when I have come in to eat but for the last two nights. Both nights I have been drinking water. And have been ignored and when asked for more water or for ice. I even asked the manager cause the wait staff wouldn't get it. At two different times I got up to get it myself. cause no one else would. Even the manager wasn't around to get it.

Tonight I went and got my water cause no one else would. And they told the manager which is fine. But he came out and chewed me out for waiting on myself cause his staff wouldn't. And said "They only make two dollars an hour and they aren't going to go out of their way just to get you water." If I ignored my customers who are patients. If I spoke to my patients the way he did me I would have lost my job. Just because I'm only drinking water doesn't mean I should be ignored and talked to like I'm a nobody. This will be THE LAST time I patronize this business because of the way I was treated. by the staff and manager.

Comment (0)

Came in family of 7. Waited 20 mins till we asked to order drinks. Asked for the manager he sent another server. 1/3 of food was brought out.7min later another 1/3 2 people still no food everyone else is done. Still manage will not come out.worst experience of our life.

Comment (0)

I ate at the El Paso Texas location next to la Quinta. They served an omelette that was inedible so much grease you had to sponge it up with a napkin. Worst service and food I ever had no apologies I will never eat at your restaurant again money I wasted.

Comment (0)

I was having lunch with my wife n son. Our waitres christina was very quick with us. She got our drinks mixed up with the table in front of us. She took forever taking our order as she was more into talking to the person at the counter. We waited ten min before she came back . and asked if we wanted appatizers when i placed our order. Not a very welcoming experience.

Comment (0)

Denny's Restaurant #8692 Manager Annette 02/27/2016 109PM. Order took much too long (two customers came and went before my daughter and I got our Veggie and Hamburger and fries). After receiving my Double Veggie burger I requested Mustard which it was stated to me by my waiter Askia and Manager Annette that there wasn't any Mustard in the whole facility. I stated that I only eat my Hamburger/Veggie Burger with Mustard and I was told by the Manager Annette that there wasn't any and I could try Ketchup but there wasn't any further resolving of the issue or suggestions.

I ate most of my Double Veggie burger but really didn't enjoy it and didn't want to make a scene with my 13 year old daughter with me. The Manager Annette could have sent someone to the store to get a couple of bottles of Mustard or offered me something else or comped me my Double veggie burger or anything but she didn't seem interested. When we were leaving the Waiter stated "See you later" (we go there frequently) and I replied "No you won't" and he replied "You'll be back". Unacceptable. I also filled out the Denny's comment form online a week later but have not heard anything back.

Comment (0)

Went to Denny's in Roswell New Mexico on North Main Street, finally got order taken, took over 40 minutes to get our COLD FOOD and burnt toast, wait staff had manager come to table, she replaced our meal with one that somewhat better. Please take a look at the toast we were served....unbelievable that anyone would think someone would want a cold meal.

Do not think we will be back to this Denny's. There was a table of 7 that came in after we did and they got up and left after waiting about 50 minutes and still had not received their meal. The manager had a very heated argument with these customers which was very unprofessional. Sad situation you have at this store..I have attached a picture of the toast for your viewing pleasure.

Comment (0)

We arrived at around 12:30 and had 3 people look in our direction but no one came to seat us for almost another 10 minutes. Once we were shown our table, the server got out drinks but it was another 15 minutes before we were able to order our appetizers. After that my wife's tea needed a refill and she had to remind the server after waiting for almost 10 minutes. Instead of bringing extra plates for our appetizers, we had to share the plates that they came on. We had to flag the server down to order our entrees, remind him to bring napkins, and then flag him done for to go boxes.

The other servers didn't seem interested in helping anyone other than the one or two tables they had. There were employees who should have been working but were socializing and being very loud. Although the food was pretty decent, the restaurant and employees were very lacking. Not an enjoyable experience.

Comment (0)

On 01/30/2016 Restaurant # 9244 in Apopka, Florida we ate dinner. We had a flyer from the newspaper advertising your Anniversary. On the flyer it stated " Join us for an all day celebration, Saturday 30th from 9am-8pm for great food and prizes all day. 25 free everyday value slams at 9am. After Work we headed over to see if we could win a prize and enjoy a nice dinner. We ate as you can see. We asked our waitress what type of prizes they were giving out.

She stated they weren't giving anything out. I showed her the flyer & asked her for the manager. She returned and stated he was busy and informed us, He gave out 25 Free Everyday Value Slams at 9am and that was it. There were no other prizes and we should have been here at 9am. Later the manager went to the table next to us and gave them a $7.50 discount. Either the manager is a liar or it's false advertising. He gave out only the 9am prizes. No Prizes all Day as Advertised.

I am not able to download my receipt, 1/30/16 order # 444385 Server Breana H total $23.91 (left cash tip) paid with my American Express. We went to help celebrate, but there was no Celebration! Tricked & lied to. Never again.

Comment (0)

On sunday 1/24/2016 at store 8106, I had the worst service ever. First the waitress took our order wrong, then told me thats what I ordered. Before I got my food she brought the check that had the wrong order on it, she didn't even correct the check. My vegetables were cold, my fish not done, my grandsons food had mushrooms, which I said no mushrooms. I was then asked if I wanted a different fish, I said yes but was not informed that it was grilled and not fried. I motioned to the Manager Art Griffin about my concerns and he acted unconcerned, saying that's what I ordered.

Did not try to correct the problem at all, I declined the food and he walked away. So disappointed that I had not eaten decided to just leave. Art took the fish off my checks but charged me for the incorrect order. At the register he still continued to argue with me about what he said I ordered. He claimed that he heard me, but was not where around. Never will I return to that Denny's 8106. This was the first time I ever had a bad experience there. But the worse, is that I called in my complaint 1/24/16 @ approx. 12:27 pm and have not heard from anyone. Please retrieve the call and listen how upset I was.

Comment (0)

Well my girlfriend went to the Denny's on rockville road and they didn't have fries. So I told her to get me mash potatoes and they gave her the box to go. And then she came home, I opened the box to find my food uncovered and touching the box that is unheathy. A lot of people touch these boxes! We spent 27 dollar son food. I like dennys but probably be last time I go. This was bad customer service from Denyy's.

Comment (0)

I also did the survey and explained this Denny's complaint. I was traveling and stopped into Denny's Pico Rivera for a cup of coffee and to use the restroom. I stopped by the cashier first to order a coffee to go, then proceeded to the back restroom when I slipped in a pool of water, fell backwards and hit my head on the ceramic floor so hard, my earpiece went flying. The patrons gasped and there was an employee in the very back by the restrooms who yelled at me and pointed to a "slippery when wet" sign placed by the front entrance wall/vending machines. The employee did not cordon off the area he was mopping and literally mopping right next to the patrons who were eating their breakfast...disgusting. The place smelled like mop water and now I did too.

I sat there for a moment until I could help myself up. I was never offered assistance by an employee. I then went to the restroom, dazed and wet from head to toe from the pool of water. When I went to get my coffee, I complained to the cashier who was having a jovial conversation with a coworker. When I complained, she said that she was unaware I had fallen (even though I was in the restroom for several minutes, trying to clean myself off, the mopping guy told no one). She did ask if I was OK and I said I think so. I was dazed. Then she charged me for the cup of coffee and sent me on my way. Guaranteed, if I was not dazed, there is NO WAY I would have paid for that cup of coffee and would have been much more vocal about the incident and insistent that proper protocol were followed.

If I wasn't dazed and did not have my dogs in the car, I would have photographed the location of the "slippery" sign which was not in plain sight, gotten names of both the patrons and employees and insisted a manager be called and a report written up. I was driving to Orange County and had to pull off the freeway 2 times because my vision was blurred, I am guessing a light concussion. This was yesterday, I am still sore today, but no more blurry vision. I'm sure I'll be fine eventually. An incident report was never completed, a manager was not called, I was yelled at AND charged for my cup of coffee (receipt attached). OMG , These employees need to be trained on safety, courtesy and protocol.

Comment (3)

This is the second time I have sent this complaint in. Sunday November 22, 2015 I went to Dennys on Boston Road in Springfield, Mass, At first we could not get a waiter to take our order. Finally after a 15 wait, we ordered our food at 12:30 pm. We did not get this food until after 2:00 pm. Now we did not order anything fancy, just eggs and pancakes. When we got up to leave, our food finally came. The waiter did give us the food for free. However, that is not the point. If you want this restaurant to make a go of it, some changes have to be made. By the way three other couples and familes, got up and left as well. Back to IHOP.

Comment (2)

I have been going Denny's for a very long time, about 20 years. I am a Vietnam veteran and also volunteer at the Lakewood Washington hospital. The past few months I have notice the food getting very bad, eggs not cooked very good. I found out from the waitress when the cook don't show up the cook will cook and has a hard time doing it. I went in on the 21st of November for breakfast and order eggs over medium and got eggs not cooked whites. They took them back and put them on the grill and over cooked them. The hash browns were cold and so was the toast all I eat was the bacon. I paid full price for something I didn't eat. There is a lot of military that go their. If you cant fix this problem I am going to let our military know about this restaurant. The address is100 street SW Lakewood wash. Also the manager and Denny's corporate offices seems not to care. I like Denny's please help!

Comment (0)

We ordered a ham and cheese omelet and 2 eggs over easy with sausage, hash browns, biscuit and gravy. Also ordered 2 cups of coffee. When the order came we got the 2 eggs, biscuit with no gravy, no hash browns and brought pancakes to us which were not ordered. They insisted we had ordered them, then the waitress said she placed the order wrong but never brought the hash browns or took them off the bill, then on the omelet my wife never got her toast or got any taken off the bill. We got a refill on coffee and paid dearly for it. In the meantime here come a waiter with an order of spaghetti which he thought we ordered. It seems like there is no organization in this place and took 30 minutes to get out half way order. Rest assured we will not go back to this place. For these few things we got to eat our bill was $21.00. We are Senior citizens and my wife ordered from the Sr menu. Pretty darn expensive for a half way meal.

Comment (0)

I love Dennys, but there are no restaurants near my home in Wrentham, MA. We decided to stop at the Nashua, NH Dennys when I spotted it coming home from vacation on 11-19-15. I was so happy to finally be able to get a Dennys breakfast. The food was fine, but the facility was old, dingy, and obviously needed a complete redo. The bathroom was somewhat clean, but also needed updating. The waitress brought our check which I decided to pay with a credit card. To my dismay I was required to put the tip (gratuity) on the check before she took it up to the desk for cash out. This is the first time I ever heard of a policy that requires the patron to give a tip on paper for the waitress to view before cashing out. Please note the waitress did a nice job and I gave her a 20% tip, but I was very annoyed by this policy. It coerces a patron into possibly giving more $ than the server deserves. Why make a patron feel uncomfortable paying the check?

Comment (0)

We just came home from dinner at our local Denny's and I must say, it was not pleasurable. They had the O.S.U. vs M.S.U. football game on the tv's. There was a young man (worker) no sure what his function was other than to cheer loudly when M.S.U. scored or something happened in their favor. I even made a semi loud remark that I wish I had a job like that! Another set of customers were also displeased with his cheering and actions, that they asked him, how can you be from Ohio and cheer for M.S.U.? He replied "ALL O.S.U. fans are nothing but rednecks". It's nice to know that that Denny's thinks their O.S.U. customers are ALL rednecks. This guy should NOT have a job around the public, I'm not even sure how he was still employed after making a remark like that and not performing his job (unless he is the cheer team for Denny's). On another note, our waitress was not so good, I ordered a salad and country fried steak meal, she brought everything out all at once.

I voiced my displeasure with that and she didn't seem to care and walked away. Upon leaving, she ended up cashing me out, which I thought was not allowed? She asked me if I wanted to add a tip, which I did, but I also let her hear my complaint that a salad SHOULD ALWAYS be brought out WELL BEFORE the main meal! This is now the 2nd bad encounter with this Denny's. I have been to this Denny's during the day time and it is a difference between night and day with the help. The person I was talking about during and after the football game was a dark skinned guy wearing a M.S.U. baseball hat backwards. Every time the manager/owner Sigh? came out, this employee put on a show like he was doing something. I used to frequent this Denny's 3 - 5 times a week for business, NEVER AGAIN!

If I were to ever bring someone for business in there and they would have heard that, you would have been faced with legal action. Have a CLUE! You don't call O.S.U. fans ALL REDNECKS! ALSO it is quite obvious that the majority of the waitresses have had no training or they just don't care! I would go with the later one for sure.

Comment (0)

Hello. I had time to think about your, restaurant and what's really going on. This is the real math. I already filed a complaint, and now I think I know why your night manager, at your Lancaster location freaked out on,18,Nov. 2015 .For starters, you had only three people working the shift that night. The manager (Daniel) One cook, and one server. When my wife ordered her free birthday breakfast, along with my paid dinner, she showed her drivers license to the server who was to busy to show it to the manager who wanted to control the cash register. So ,by mistake the manager charged the breakfast also and insisted it was right even after the server explained to the manager our circumstance.

The manager was irate at the server for not showing him the drivers license and the details of our visit . Your manager did not want to be held accountable for the inconvenience so he said that it is standard rules of the restaurant to check multiple times with documentation ,in order to cover for the server who was not allowed to work the register for security purposes. The manager did not want to be questioned about doing the bill twice, and that,s when he got rude and lied about restaurant policy. He was trying to compensate, for the lack of communication and trust of his employee, and the shortage of staff. Now that I understand that your proud manager was simply, incompetent, and panicked, and did not want to appear that way. I'm O.K. with all this ,but please note ,that your night manager, was successful in making upper management look really poorly managed and novice and in disarray.

I sincerely hope everything works out for all of you who have to wear this reputation on there shirt.

Comment (0)

I got a coupon for 20% or 5.00 off and the cashier didn't know what the 20% of my ticket was. Two days later I called in to order chicken noodle soup and told the lady to make sure that she gives me plenty lemon and I didn't get a single slice, of course I didn't notice till I got home. Never shopping at Denny's again.

Comment (0)

First the cockroach in the salad, the plates brought to the table had crusted chocolate on the two that were stuck together. Brought this to the managers attention and he said sorry. Since this is more serious than just a sorry all ten of us have contacted the health dept. The denny's on lake st in aurora.

Comment (0)

I found myself at a Denny's located off of Broadway & I-30 in Garland, TX and was disturbed by their service! The restaurant was damn near empty when my family and I was seated right away. It was really eerie seeing 2 families sitting alone eating quietly whereas a influx of tables had dirty dishes waiting to be picked up. The televisions had breaking news regarding Paris, France. The General Manager was seating anybody who walked through. I believe they had a shortage of staff working on November 13, 2015. The general manager gave us our drinks right away, took our order, and brought us our food within 20 minutes. He even made us laugh! What caught me off guard and disturbed me was how he wouldn't ask my wife if anything was the matter or if she needed anything. My wife noticed her burger buns were soggy as hell and couldn't ask for any clean silverware because he would quickly walk away after asking if I needed anything only. I am not pleased with the service whatsoever. The cook is nasty. The tables and seats were sticky as hell!

Comment (0)

Dangerous parking lot with serious accessibility violations. There is one accessible parking place--that's what they call it, anyway. The striped access aisle for unloading the wheel chair is on a ridiculous slope because the parking lot is in such awful shape! This place is a lawsuit waiting to happen. My husband's power chair nearly went off when he had to load back after supper at such a slant he almost spun off backwards/sideways into another parked car. Rest rooms are totally inaccessible! This is an insult to the civil rights of millions of people who have worked so hard to eliminate such nonsense. Sure it will be expensive to remedy, but the law insists it be done. Food and service were great. A fine place for the able-bodied. ADA says that's not good enough, though, and it shouldn't be. I'm calling corporate office this morning--as if that will do any good. Will also file a complaint with the City on this very serious violations of codes.

Comment (0)

We stopped at Denny's in Shelbyville, Indiana at 3:45 in the afternoon. There were only 3 tables of customers when we went in. We were seated and the server that seated us said our server Julie would be with us soon. The manager, stood talking to a couple lady patrons an isle over for awhile in a personal conversation. We were given our coffee but waited 15 minutes then a lady that was running the cashier area, came over and said that our server would be with us. We waited another 10 min. and the server, Julie never came and the cashier took our order. Our food arrived 15 min. later. I got the biscuits and gravy and hashbrowns and my husband got the lumberjack. It was lukewarm. We got a refill of coffee after another 10 min.

The cashier said the server had an emergency but would be back in 10 min. How can you time when you return from an emergency? The imaginery server, Julie never appeared until we were done and brought our bill and asked if we wanted dessert. There never was more than 3 tables of customers the entire time-horrible service. We have been to several Dennys but never had such poor service, and for the manager to not even watch that customers were sitting for long periods of time without service. I'd hate to see what it would be like if they had been busy. This was on Thursday, Nov.5,2015.

Comment (0)

You lost a weekly customer at the I 75/ midway in north Dallas, Texas location this morning. I gave, in writing, my complaint to the manager coming on this morning. I was not charged for the meal. That is not the point. I came in for the pumpkin pancakes. I got regular. I questioned the waiter, who questioned the cook by asking the cook "those were pumpkin pancakes huh?" And the cook said yes. I showed the waiter they were not. I took a picture of the pancakes. They were good REGULAR pancakes. Not what I ordered. I had already asked for hot coffee. He had given me very cool, old coffee.It was 5am this morning and had told me it was not old. Your services certainly would not meet many people's expectations. I can not recommend this restaurant to my friends again.

Comment (0)

We visited your restaurant on 10/30/15 at 6:50 pm. We were seated in a booth that was broken; the seat sunk down to low to sit at table. We requested and was moved to another booth. We advised the Hostess we wanted coffee. A few minutes later our waitress bought out coffee and we ordered our food. We were unable to drink the coffee because of it being so cold. I tried to flag her down as she walked near us and was ignored. She looked directly at both of us waving for her and ignored us. After over 10 minutes, the Hostess walked past us and I asked him for some hot coffee. He advised he would have some bought out. Another 10 minutes passes, nothing. Our food comes to the table and we ask the waitress for some coffee. She was surprised that it hadn't been bought to us before our food. After a few minutes she bought us coffee. It was terrible, so strong it could have walked out with us. The food was terrible. I couldn't eat my eggs because they were so runny that the egg white was uncooked.

Pancakes were ok, just rest of the Lumberjack Slam that we both got was terrible. Bacon was limp and greasy and so thin you could see through it. I paid $24.00 for food that we couldn't eat and needless to say I did not leave a tip for the waitress as she never came back to the table to see if everything was ok or if we needed more coffee, etc. Worst meal and service ever. My order number is 450092 on 10/30/15 at 6:50 pm Server Dorothy G. Table 64 at Denny's #2315. I would like to have my money returned. When I paid the cashier, he asked how it was and I told him and asked how I could file a complaint. He said he didn't exactly know, just gave me his manager's card with the name Alice Phillips. We are regular customers at the Denny's in Richmond on Broad Street and have never experienced bad food or service there. Your Carmel Church location really needs help!

Comment (0)

My friend and I went to Denny's in Janesville Wi, 10/31/15, Were told there cooks walked out and that there was a 2 hour wait. We decided to stay figuring there was only 2 of us and it shouldn't take that long. We placed an order for an Appetizer, needless to say we got our food about an hour later and no appetizer. Upon sitting there, there was a group of people whom worked there but had been at the bar prior to complaining and being really loud and saying they were not going to pay. The manager Megan came over and apologized several times. We told her not to be sorry as it was not her fault. She offered to give us a discount and we said no, She had several people walking out and not paying there bills and we felt bad for her. I offered to go back and help cook as my mother owns a Restaurant, that's how bad I felt. This place needs a lot of work and a little better management. I feel they were very unprofessional.

Comment (0)

I'm just writing a letter as a concerned customer. I normally visit your store three times a week and in every visit there, I witness the horrible leadership and management of one the managers there, Mrs.Fatima. Fatima is very disrespectful and rude to her employees and sometimes guest. On one of my last visits she made a server Mrs.Rosie cry, she yelled at her in front of the house while she was serving her guest with trays in her hands and all because Mrs.Fatima called for her in a harsh ton to come over, Rosie replied to give a second that she was attending her guest.

When she finally finished with her guest she went to Fatima and I heard Mrs. Fatima say to Rosie that "when I call you, you come immediately to me and look me in the eyes as I'm talking to you" that's when Rosie started to cry and I thought that I was unprofessional and should of been approached differently. I believe the proper procedure would of been to go the back of the restaurant or office to discuss the issue. I think she needs to have upper management have a word with her or have a manger on staff that treats their fellow coworkers with respect. I don't know what she is doing to get all this special treatment but it's not fair, also all this happens when she manages alone and no other managers around, I have notice she acts differently when upper management is around. Denny's store on 3850 SW 137th Ave in Miami Florida.

Comment (0)

They did not want to take a valid coupon since Halloween was a holiday! We said it was not a holiday. Finally they accepted the coupon but then delayed our orders so they came cold. My salmon was overcooked and dry. My wife's chicken cheesesteak was good. We have eaten at Denny's many times since it is close by and always open. It has left us disgusted so we will drive a couple miles further and go to the Cracker Barrel on Daniels east of US 75.

Comment (0)

We had dinner tonight at the Seal Beach location. When we were leaving two young males entered the restaurant with a large dog & were taken to a booth in the back where the dog was allowed to sit up on the booth seat. My husband commented to the Manager on duty who was at the cash register as to whether dogs were always allowed even if they did not have a "Companion" vest. She went back to check it out but the dog was allowed to stay & sit up on the booth seat facing the table like the 2 adults. I wish I had gone back and taken a picture but I didn't want to cause a scene. We frequent this Denny's which is across the street from Leisure World retirement community where we live. It seems that lately every time we go eat dinner time the food is not good and the service is questionable. There used to be two (2) good and personable Managers but lately it's questionable.

Comment (0)

I ordered one (1) scrambled egg & one (1) pancake, expecting to pay $2.00. The menu said for $2.00, I could get two (2) pancakes for $2.00. When I got my check, I was charged $1..49 for the pancake and $1.69 for the egg. Thus, $3.18 total. The coffee was $2.09. I summoned the manager who told me that's Denny's policy when an egg and a pancake are ordered ala carte. I submit that Denny's 'policy' above is the opposite of Customer Friendly. For the foreseeable future, I'll have breakfast at IHOP and other local eateries.

Comment (0)

First I just need to say I worked for Denny's brand for 10 year. Started as a graveyard server and finished as a manager. That's why I feel you should be aware of what is happening at your Salinad North Main store.

My husband and myself have been in there 3 separate times and service was unacceptable every time. We went in today to have the delicious Cobb salad and again service was unacceptable which was embarrassing because I love Denny's brand. Our server seemed lost and unfriendly. We watched 2 other tables get up and leave as well as we did for I was on a time restraint to eat before I had to get ready for work. The manager was seated at a table doing paperwork and unaware of her servers issues.

After 40 minutes, she came to our table asked what we wanted to drink and we told her we were also ready to order. I proceeded to give her my order of the Cobb salad with fried chicken. Her response was "you mean the prime rib salad." I said ok but with fried chicken and ranch. She then asked me what dressing I wanted for my salad. ???? Again I repeated ranch.

My husband ordered the CFS with briskest and gravy. She then told him something about a two for six that made no sense So he replied I don't care if you charge me extra but instead of bread I want brisket with gravy. We waited til 10 minutes after 2pm and our beverages still had not arrived. I usually don't complain and I apologize for the book but WHAT IS GOING ON?!?! As still a restaurant manager, it is just unacceptable.

Comment (0)

On my way to your restaurant for breakfast this morning, approximaly 9:15am, a car drove reckless around my vehicle. My girlfriend and I reached your restaurant and as we proceeded to enter the restaurant, the car which drove reckless around my vehicle approached me in your parking lot. Words were exchanged and then the individual left.

Entering your restaurant I asked the person who was at the front who was the employee who just entered in, they said they could not reveal that information. So I proceeded to tell them why, she was grinning when I was talking. Then I asked for the Manger "Ray" is his name and I told him what just had happen in the parking lot. He said there was nothing he could do. I said the employee must have been late and that is why the person might have been driving reckless and approached me in your lot.

Not knowing the greeter was the one who had just gotten out of that vehicle. I unknowingly divulge all the information to that individual. Once the manger appeared I told him what just had happened, he goes back in the rear of the restaurant and comes back and tells me and my guest that we had to leave. I did call the police and was told because I did not get the license plate, their was nothing they could do.

Easily resolved by them talking to your employee and finding out who dropped them off. I did nothing wrong, but told a manger what happen in your lot with the individual who was being dropped off by the driver of that vehicle. But what gets me is how someone who just got out of a truck was at the front desk and the manger " Ray " said "she was not late" all the while she and several co-workers were in the back room laughing about the situation which had occurred.

The employee was not at fault it was the individual who was driving, but for the manger to tell a customer they had to leave for no reason is outrageous to me. But for the employee to make light of what just had happen in the parking lot, now that's another story.

Comment (0)

On or about 440 am on Saturday 9 May I walked into your facility to make an order of Grits to go like I always do at this location. The waitress immediately told me that they do not serve grits before 6 am which is incorrect as I order grits to go all the time at this facility between the hours of 4 am to 6 am. The waitress was profiling me the minute I walked in to your facility. I called your GM the same evening and informed him of what happened and he was very nice and said he would let her know that this is not correct. He stated to me that the longest it would take to make grits is 20 minutes which I would have waited and that she was incorrect. Your waitress should not profile customers as they walk in to your facility as this is not legal and against the law. She must serve all customers they same and not worry about there color or creed. I am a loyalty dennys customer for over 40 years and this was a slap in the face. You should counsel this employee on ethics.

Comment (0)

We went to eat yesterday and haven't been to Denny's in a long time. The service wasn't good. We were there for over an hour. Took a while to get our food, waitress came maybe 3 times the whole time.

The food was horrible! Mozzarella sticks are what I buy in the freezer section. Pizza for my son was cold and a frozen pizza. Eggs were overcooked. They had no pepperoni for my son's pizza. The quesadillas were dry with no salsa or sauce. It was $36 and I can pay less for the frozen food I got.

It was not a good experience and NOT worth $36. The waitress who barely came over was nice but came only $ times, so she only got a $3 tip, which I'm not sure she should have even gotten considering she barely came. My son tried the queso and his mouth was on fire. His drink was gone. It took 10 min for her to even be on the floor to ask for a water, in the meantime, his mouth was on fire.

Not going back! Ever!!!

Comment (0)

We Love eating at Denny's. We are visiting our children and their family and decided we were going out for lunch. We decided Denny's so we went in and ordered. Two Sirloin Steaks, Green beans, you do not serve green beans, ok, corn ugh it was so sweet not good. Bread was so hard you could not eat it. Mashed potatoes they came two scoops like ice cream NO Butter---NO Gravy so nasty Not HOT Coffee Luke warm.

My granddaughter ordered a chocolate shake. It was so bad she got choked on it and her food was so bad it crumbled in her plate. I asked for a Pattie Melt none but build your own burger. So I asked for Rye Bread, yes they had that Hamburger on it grilled with cheese and grilled onions. The bread had been toasted and hard tore it off ate the burger. We are so up set with this meal. $51.00 SAD But we paid it and will not go back .

Comment (0)

My family and I have been loving breakfast at Denny"s forever. But we have been visiting this location in SANTAN VALLEY AZ —and is been always the same— very slow moving service as if workers do not know what are they doing working at a restaurant. The manager shows very low respect for the complaints of the people.

Me and my family were in that specific location today May 3, 2015, and they served coffee barely warm; after a long wait of 1 hour and 15 minutes, we were short on silverware and table mats. Among others things that I noticed was that the server sneezed over the tray she was carrying with beverages for other party, two ladies close to us left the place after a short talk to the manager, because after a long wait they were served something they did not ordered.

We noticed that other people left unhappy but do not know why; by the way, we were the third party leaving the restaurant with no good comments about this place! I hope DENNY'S take care of comments and call attention on their franchises.

By the way we still love going to Denny's and we like your food, but we are not going back to this particular location in SANTAN VALLEY AZ.

Comment (0)

In Harlingen, Texas, we have a Denny's on Frontage road. We had a waiter named Estella. She was very rude and occasionally rolled her eyes when we were ordering. She paid little attention to our order and did not respond to our questions. The food was delicious but the service was no good.

Comment (1)

On May 1 at approximately 2:10 p.m. I placed a call to the store located 12090 E. 40th St in Denver CO. The order was never made. After I was asked if this would be a to-go order, I was immediately placed on hold that lasted for 3 mins & 31 secs. I hung up & called again only to be told by a male employee this time that he was cashing out a customer. It would seem to me that some sort of corporate policy should be in place to handle 2 issues @ once. So that no customer is left wanting.

Well this hold lasted over 10 mins. I actually drove from work to the store still on hold. Upon entry nothing changed. I stood @ the hostess stand unnoticed as 1 employee had a breakdown with a customer about her personal life to the point that the customer had to console her & promise to pray for her.

After over 2 mins of standing the male server with whom I spoke earlier( he was the only male) approached & asked if he could help me. I informed him that I was the individual that he had on hold for 10 mins. His response, "You've been on hold for 10 mins?" Yes & showed him my phone. @ this point I want nothing from this place because I'm not certain if my steak can reach me w/o hitting the floor. Expressed my displeasure & left.

Called back, same male answers. Asked for the management & am informed that there is no manager on duty. She's gone for 20 mins. It's disgraceful that a call in cost you my business. I WILL NOT return.

Comment (0)

We (My grandson and I) were not given silverware and napkins before, or during, our food being served. I had to ask twice. the first time I was told by our waiter, "Oh. Just a minute." I waited a few minutes and had to ask again, this time I asked the manager - who actually seemed like he was being inconvenienced by being asked to help. He did give us silverware but by then our food was getting cold. The restaurant was not busy, but we did not want to risk sending it back to be reheated, much less redone, as the service and the attitudes already were so poor.

Then, when I was paying, I asked for the AARP discount and was told I could not have it because I did not have my membership card with me nor did I know my membership number! The manager acted like I was lying about being an AARP member. After the poor service we received I felt it was the least he could have done! We were very angry that we were treated so poorly. We will not return to that location again.

The manager gave me a receipt with different people's name on it so I cannot tell you his name but he was the manager on duty at Store # 7260, 11511 West Airport, Meadows Place, TX 77477, tel 281-494-2577. This was Saturday, 4-25, 2015 about 10:00 pm.

Comment (0)

The cashier only discounted our receipt for my AARP discount but didn't explain I could use only one discount. It was my wife's birthday and when paying my bill I showed the cashier my wife's ID. I then seen my bill that she only used my AARP discount. She did not let me decide which discount option was better for me or which one I decided to use. She should of mentioned that before she processed the discount for me. There was no sign displaying that I could use just one. I took my wife for her birthday thinking she was going to get her meal free. This was on Friday April 24, 2015 @ Denny's 6977 in City of Industry.

Comment (0)

I know someone who was working for the PAGE AZ Dennys, and he was there for five years. the times ive been there dining, I noticed he was always busy, either dish-washing, sitting customers when the hostess or waitresses were busy, cleaning off tables, taking out garbage. Always busy. he was constantly being called in when someone else didn't show, even on his days off. at times they scheduled him for 4 pm to 11 PM and then wanted him back in at 6 AM the following morning. He was always trying to help. Then one day he wasn't there. He went in to talk to the GM, and she wouldn't even listen to his side of the problem, AFTER FIVE YEARS and hardly any raise and no appreciation for all his hard work.

I remember going there on valentines day, and seen a worker/COOK, walk off the job, but instead of firing him they just gave him the day off. and he hadn't been working there long. I went in and was told at first there was a 45 minute wait, and then few minutes later was told it would be an hour wait. so I left. they go through help like crazy . makes one wonder. but when they get someone who has gave it their all for five years, and let them go... makes me wonder also about who's in charge. their service sucks, and most times so does the food.

Comment (0)

Our waitress asked us what we would like to drink. She brought our drinks then gave us a few minutes to decide what we wanted to order. That is usual when we go out to eat. When she came back took our order and said it would be a little bit of a wait. This was a little unusual so I went up and asked her how long, and she said about 40 minutes. I said WHAT???? We can't wait that long! So we ended up paying $10.54 for 4 drinks that we didn't even finish as we were that mad. I told our waitress she could have told us that BEFORE we ordered our drinks! This was Therthe Herkimer, NY location.

Comment (0)

The dennys on south harbor across from disneyland is the worst I've ever experienced. slow service. Cold coffee. And defective jam at the table...old and gloppy. Bacon was stale. No refills offered. And not that many seats filled. The cheese was congealed on my grandsons mac and cheese. You would expect the best service given the location. The worst.

Comment (0)

On April 12, 2015 my girlfriend and I decided to go to one of our favorite restaurants for some late night breakfast. When we arrived at the Denny's off of Mathilda ave. in Sunnyvale, CA we noticed the place was quite busy, after waiting 5 minutes to be seated we opted to go to a different Denny's. We went to the Denny's in Santa Clara CA 3715 El Camino Real. Though we were seated immediately, and got our drinks promptly, it was almost 15 minutes before our order was taken. 5 minutes after our order was taken we were informed that they were out of pancakes and were given the option of having French toast. First of all, how is it possible for Dennys to run out of pancakes? Second the main reason we love Denny's is because of they're pancakes. And third we were so hungry and tired of waiting we grudgingly agreed. After waiting another 15 minutes our food arrived, and this is what was wrong with our order.

The eggs were cooked wrong, we wanted 2 sausage and 2 bacon, but only received bacon. Our meal came with a juice but didn't receive it till we asked for it, and still had to wait another 5 minutes before we got it. For some reason we were only given one syrup to share, and our hash browns were undercooked. This was by far the absolute worst dining experience we've ever had at a Denny's. Though our server was very apologetic and comped us our drinks, the service was very lacking. That very same morning my in laws were celebrating a birthday and wanted to eat at that same Denny's but after having heard our story they decide to go the IHOP. I also believe this one experience will forever influence our opinion of Dennys. Our servers name was Rodolfo and our order # was 329783. Overall our experience was highly disappointing.

Comment (0)

(Castro location) What a very dirty Denny's....worst one I have seen, bathrooms and restaurant. Hostess try to sit us in booth with a large hole in the cushion, but we asked for another. We ended up walking out after waiting for a waitress for over 15 min....they were to busy talking with old customers and amongst themselves. There were only three other tables with customers in the entire restaurant. We are royal customers of Denny's and when traveling we would always know that we could count on good food and service. None so much here. (Temecula , Ranch Calif Blvd location) Another dirty restaurant and bathrooms. Had to ask for coffee and waitress never checked back with us. I placed my order only having to repeat what I had asked in the beginning when serviced. Waitress was unfriendly, didn't smile once and rushed us with our order. Again very disappointed with both restaurants on our trip! We have two Denny's here in Redding, Calif and their both very clean, great food and great service!

Comment (0)

Denny's restaurant on the intersection of hwy 287 and Sublett rd. Arlington TX. I have been coming to Denny's for over fifty years in the past five years I take my family out for breakfast six times a week spending close to 125.00 a wk plus tips. The Denny's I go to are as follows one on road to six flags, Hullen, carrier parkway, Cooper str, Foresthill,burleson, seminary Dr. But because of the way the one on Sublett treated me. As long as that franchise Denny's stay open I'll never eat there again. Cracker barrel, ihop, even MacDonalds never again at Denny's.

Comment (0)

I completed your Denny's Listens and did not receive a code to receive the Pancake Puppies for free.

Comment (0)

Waitress failed to bring plates to me for my appetizer only brought napkins. When asked for plates she said she will be right back with them never showed up wth them. My quesidilla was over cooked the first time then it was cooked perfect but they put tomatoes on it when I requested EVERYTHING on the side! Like really. Then the manager got smart and my boyfriend finished his food by the time I even got my food remade. I am highly disappointed.

Comment (0)

My daughter, husband and I were seated. First the waiter came over took our drink order. Coffee for husband, hot chocolate for daughter, and water for me. The coffee was brought out pretty fast. The other two drinks were not brought out at this point. The waiter Cody, took our order. Husband ordered T-bone breakfast, eggs over easy, french fries instead of hash browns, white bread toast. Then I go to say my daughter's order, Kid's menu spaghetti ( she only eats this every time we go) the waiter looked at her and said, "Aren't you getting a little old to be ordering her that?" I was embarrassed to say the least, I didn't know why he would say that, what was the problem? I told him she is 12 and had ordered that for years, kids spaghetti with french bread and french fries. He had an issue with the food cost for kids menu and went on to explain the pricing scheme for kids and senior menus. I'm just sitting there nodding my head. WHAT HAD WE DONE WRONG? Nothing! He put us on the spot trying to get us to order a larger entree I guess was his goal, i guess. He even explained the fact that she would. Not be allowed to order that when she turned 13, my daughter was not thrilled, he embarrassed her to say the least. The family in the next table over overheard, and said that he really had no business getting into this discussion with me, as we had not violated any policy so forth. I was stunned, I felt like I wanted to leave at that point, but it was Easter so I ordered a Grand Slam Slugger. TURKEY BACON (I do not eat pork)' eggs over easy, hash browns, and pancakes. The coffee and hot chocolate they ordered would be the drinks for the slugger instead.

So after he left we waited, the water and hot chocolate never came, he never returned to the table, like 10 min had passed, I got up to look for the manager, to tell him what the waiter had said at the table. I told him we were about to walk out, and he apologized many times and said he would bag the order to go and offer 20% discount. I said no way, comp the ticket, Ill go home and eat it there. We waited over 30 min for the order to be prepared, another waiter gave us the bag, we got up and left. The manager did explain he comped the ticket as a way to show that he felt bad about what had happened. Anyway...

Husbands order... new York steak kinda raw, two eggs over easy, french fries (No toast...forgotten). Daughter's order... one box only containing kids spaghetti, (No garlic bread, no french fries, no cheese to put on top)....forgotten), and no hot chocolate from when we were inside the restaurant My order... 2 eggs over easy, hash browns and 4 PORK BACON (We do not, I repeat do not eat pork), I ordered turkey bacon. I was very clear about the fact i wanted turkey bacon, lastly was 2 pancakes. I called manager to tell him there were items missing, he apologized again, told me it was his fault as he was the one to bag the order, but did mot thoroughly check the order. I think that it has to easily be one of the worst dining (or attempted dining) experiences EVER. CODY THE WAITER was rude, the second waiter Kane was cocky and rude about bringing out our beverages after it was clear Cody was not our server at that point. The manager tried to do the right thing, but ended up making mistakes which made it worse. When I called he offered no further solution to this dilemma, that is why I spent my time sending thos complaint. I hope nobody would have to go through what we went through, just because the server (Cody) was being way to bossy and condescending. Outrageous that the table next to us witnessed the ongoing terrible service.

Comment (1)

If possible I would leave 0 stars. After being seated we waited over 15 minutes before anyone asked if we been helped. Other customers came and were seated and received their drinks even after we were there for 30 minutes. At that point another waitress came and asked if we been helped and I answered no. She seemed confused as she mentioned she had informed our waiter over 3 times that we needed help. At that point it was ridiculous and we decided to leave. This is the worst experience.

Comment (0)

i was having a steak & egg breakfast early this morning at a Denny's restaurant in Riviera Beach, Florida and chipped my back tooth when I was chewing on my steak. I now have to go to the dentist to get it fixed and it's going to cost me money. I would like Dennys to pay for it.

Contact the Denny's Complaint Department