Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by Christine James
Apr 10, 2013
Poor

Every 2nd Wednesday of the month for years from 12 to 14 weman get together around 8 AM for Breakfast. The lasr three months things have really changed. They make us feel unwelcome. The service is not very good. All the waitress that had worked there for years no longer work there. The food is not as good, the coffee of the April 10th morning was not hot it was just barely warm. Even through there were not very many people there they did not want to put the tables together for us. They always had before. Serveral of us were discussing where else we could start going to besides of Denny;s. I think they are losing a lot of business.

Have you had problems with Denny's?

Compare Denny's to Similar Restaurants more...

Top 242 Reviews about Denny's

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Denny's customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Horrible

First I just need to say I worked for Denny's brand for 10 year. Started as a graveyard server and finished as a manager. That's why I feel you should be aware of what is happening at your Salinad North Main store.

My husband and myself have been in there 3 separate times and service was unacceptable every time. We went in today to have the delicious Cobb salad and again service was unacceptable which was embarrassing because I love Denny's brand. Our server seemed lost and unfriendly. We watched 2 other tables get up and leave as well as we did for I was on a time restraint to eat before I had to get ready for work. The manager was seated at a table doing paperwork and unaware of her servers issues.

After 40 minutes, she came to our table asked what we wanted to drink and we told her we were also ready to order. I proceeded to give her my order of the Cobb salad with fried chicken. Her response was "you mean the prime rib salad." I said ok but with fried chicken and ranch. She then asked me what dressing I wanted for my salad. ???? Again I repeated ranch.

My husband ordered the CFS with briskest and gravy. She then told him something about a two for six that made no sense So he replied I don't care if you charge me extra but instead of bread I want brisket with gravy. We waited til 10 minutes after 2pm and our beverages still had not arrived. I usually don't complain and I apologize for the book but WHAT IS GOING ON?!?! As still a restaurant manager, it is just unacceptable.

Bad

On my way to your restaurant for breakfast this morning, approximaly 9:15am, a car drove reckless around my vehicle. My girlfriend and I reached your restaurant and as we proceeded to enter the restaurant, the car which drove reckless around my vehicle approached me in your parking lot. Words were exchanged and then the individual left.

Entering your restaurant I asked the person who was at the front who was the employee who just entered in, they said they could not reveal that information. So I proceeded to tell them why, she was grinning when I was talking. Then I asked for the Manger "Ray" is his name and I told him what just had happen in the parking lot. He said there was nothing he could do. I said the employee must have been late and that is why the person might have been driving reckless and approached me in your lot.

Not knowing the greeter was the one who had just gotten out of that vehicle. I unknowingly divulge all the information to that individual. Once the manger appeared I told him what just had happened, he goes back in the rear of the restaurant and comes back and tells me and my guest that we had to leave. I did call the police and was told because I did not get the license plate, their was nothing they could do.

Easily resolved by them talking to your employee and finding out who dropped them off. I did nothing wrong, but told a manger what happen in your lot with the individual who was being dropped off by the driver of that vehicle. But what gets me is how someone who just got out of a truck was at the front desk and the manger " Ray " said "she was not late" all the while she and several co-workers were in the back room laughing about the situation which had occurred.

The employee was not at fault it was the individual who was driving, but for the manger to tell a customer they had to leave for no reason is outrageous to me. But for the employee to make light of what just had happen in the parking lot, now that's another story.

Good

On or about 440 am on Saturday 9 May I walked into your facility to make an order of Grits to go like I always do at this location. The waitress immediately told me that they do not serve grits before 6 am which is incorrect as I order grits to go all the time at this facility between the hours of 4 am to 6 am. The waitress was profiling me the minute I walked in to your facility. I called your GM the same evening and informed him of what happened and he was very nice and said he would let her know that this is not correct. He stated to me that the longest it would take to make grits is 20 minutes which I would have waited and that she was incorrect. Your waitress should not profile customers as they walk in to your facility as this is not legal and against the law. She must serve all customers they same and not worry about there color or creed. I am a loyalty dennys customer for over 40 years and this was a slap in the face. You should counsel this employee on ethics.

Horrible

We went to eat yesterday and haven't been to Denny's in a long time. The service wasn't good. We were there for over an hour. Took a while to get our food, waitress came maybe 3 times the whole time.

The food was horrible! Mozzarella sticks are what I buy in the freezer section. Pizza for my son was cold and a frozen pizza. Eggs were overcooked. They had no pepperoni for my son's pizza. The quesadillas were dry with no salsa or sauce. It was $36 and I can pay less for the frozen food I got.

It was not a good experience and NOT worth $36. The waitress who barely came over was nice but came only $ times, so she only got a $3 tip, which I'm not sure she should have even gotten considering she barely came. My son tried the queso and his mouth was on fire. His drink was gone. It took 10 min for her to even be on the floor to ask for a water, in the meantime, his mouth was on fire.

Not going back! Ever!!!

Horrible

We Love eating at Denny's. We are visiting our children and their family and decided we were going out for lunch. We decided Denny's so we went in and ordered. Two Sirloin Steaks, Green beans, you do not serve green beans, ok, corn ugh it was so sweet not good. Bread was so hard you could not eat it. Mashed potatoes they came two scoops like ice cream NO Butter---NO Gravy so nasty Not HOT Coffee Luke warm.

My granddaughter ordered a chocolate shake. It was so bad she got choked on it and her food was so bad it crumbled in her plate. I asked for a Pattie Melt none but build your own burger. So I asked for Rye Bread, yes they had that Hamburger on it grilled with cheese and grilled onions. The bread had been toasted and hard tore it off ate the burger. We are so up set with this meal. $51.00 SAD But we paid it and will not go back .

Poor

My family and I have been loving breakfast at Denny"s forever. But we have been visiting this location in SANTAN VALLEY AZ —and is been always the same— very slow moving service as if workers do not know what are they doing working at a restaurant. The manager shows very low respect for the complaints of the people.

Me and my family were in that specific location today May 3, 2015, and they served coffee barely warm; after a long wait of 1 hour and 15 minutes, we were short on silverware and table mats. Among others things that I noticed was that the server sneezed over the tray she was carrying with beverages for other party, two ladies close to us left the place after a short talk to the manager, because after a long wait they were served something they did not ordered.

We noticed that other people left unhappy but do not know why; by the way, we were the third party leaving the restaurant with no good comments about this place! I hope DENNY'S take care of comments and call attention on their franchises.

By the way we still love going to Denny's and we like your food, but we are not going back to this particular location in SANTAN VALLEY AZ.

Poor

In Harlingen, Texas, we have a Denny's on Frontage road. We had a waiter named Estella. She was very rude and occasionally rolled her eyes when we were ordering. She paid little attention to our order and did not respond to our questions. The food was delicious but the service was no good.

Horrible

On May 1 at approximately 2:10 p.m. I placed a call to the store located 12090 E. 40th St in Denver CO. The order was never made. After I was asked if this would be a to-go order, I was immediately placed on hold that lasted for 3 mins & 31 secs. I hung up & called again only to be told by a male employee this time that he was cashing out a customer. It would seem to me that some sort of corporate policy should be in place to handle 2 issues @ once. So that no customer is left wanting.

Well this hold lasted over 10 mins. I actually drove from work to the store still on hold. Upon entry nothing changed. I stood @ the hostess stand unnoticed as 1 employee had a breakdown with a customer about her personal life to the point that the customer had to console her & promise to pray for her.

After over 2 mins of standing the male server with whom I spoke earlier( he was the only male) approached & asked if he could help me. I informed him that I was the individual that he had on hold for 10 mins. His response, "You've been on hold for 10 mins?" Yes & showed him my phone. @ this point I want nothing from this place because I'm not certain if my steak can reach me w/o hitting the floor. Expressed my displeasure & left.

Called back, same male answers. Asked for the management & am informed that there is no manager on duty. She's gone for 20 mins. It's disgraceful that a call in cost you my business. I WILL NOT return.

Bad

We (My grandson and I) were not given silverware and napkins before, or during, our food being served. I had to ask twice. the first time I was told by our waiter, "Oh. Just a minute." I waited a few minutes and had to ask again, this time I asked the manager - who actually seemed like he was being inconvenienced by being asked to help. He did give us silverware but by then our food was getting cold. The restaurant was not busy, but we did not want to risk sending it back to be reheated, much less redone, as the service and the attitudes already were so poor.

Then, when I was paying, I asked for the AARP discount and was told I could not have it because I did not have my membership card with me nor did I know my membership number! The manager acted like I was lying about being an AARP member. After the poor service we received I felt it was the least he could have done! We were very angry that we were treated so poorly. We will not return to that location again.

The manager gave me a receipt with different people's name on it so I cannot tell you his name but he was the manager on duty at Store # 7260, 11511 West Airport, Meadows Place, TX 77477, tel 281-494-2577. This was Saturday, 4-25, 2015 about 10:00 pm.

Horrible

The cashier only discounted our receipt for my AARP discount but didn't explain I could use only one discount. It was my wife's birthday and when paying my bill I showed the cashier my wife's ID. I then seen my bill that she only used my AARP discount. She did not let me decide which discount option was better for me or which one I decided to use. She should of mentioned that before she processed the discount for me. There was no sign displaying that I could use just one. I took my wife for her birthday thinking she was going to get her meal free. This was on Friday April 24, 2015 @ Denny's 6977 in City of Industry.

Bad

I know someone who was working for the PAGE AZ Dennys, and he was there for five years. the times ive been there dining, I noticed he was always busy, either dish-washing, sitting customers when the hostess or waitresses were busy, cleaning off tables, taking out garbage. Always busy. he was constantly being called in when someone else didn't show, even on his days off. at times they scheduled him for 4 pm to 11 PM and then wanted him back in at 6 AM the following morning. He was always trying to help. Then one day he wasn't there. He went in to talk to the GM, and she wouldn't even listen to his side of the problem, AFTER FIVE YEARS and hardly any raise and no appreciation for all his hard work.

I remember going there on valentines day, and seen a worker/COOK, walk off the job, but instead of firing him they just gave him the day off. and he hadn't been working there long. I went in and was told at first there was a 45 minute wait, and then few minutes later was told it would be an hour wait. so I left. they go through help like crazy . makes one wonder. but when they get someone who has gave it their all for five years, and let them go... makes me wonder also about who's in charge. their service sucks, and most times so does the food.

Bad

Our waitress asked us what we would like to drink. She brought our drinks then gave us a few minutes to decide what we wanted to order. That is usual when we go out to eat. When she came back took our order and said it would be a little bit of a wait. This was a little unusual so I went up and asked her how long, and she said about 40 minutes. I said WHAT???? We can't wait that long! So we ended up paying $10.54 for 4 drinks that we didn't even finish as we were that mad. I told our waitress she could have told us that BEFORE we ordered our drinks! This was Therthe Herkimer, NY location.

Bad

The dennys on south harbor across from disneyland is the worst I've ever experienced. slow service. Cold coffee. And defective jam at the table...old and gloppy. Bacon was stale. No refills offered. And not that many seats filled. The cheese was congealed on my grandsons mac and cheese. You would expect the best service given the location. The worst.

Bad

On April 12, 2015 my girlfriend and I decided to go to one of our favorite restaurants for some late night breakfast. When we arrived at the Denny's off of Mathilda ave. in Sunnyvale, CA we noticed the place was quite busy, after waiting 5 minutes to be seated we opted to go to a different Denny's. We went to the Denny's in Santa Clara CA 3715 El Camino Real. Though we were seated immediately, and got our drinks promptly, it was almost 15 minutes before our order was taken. 5 minutes after our order was taken we were informed that they were out of pancakes and were given the option of having French toast. First of all, how is it possible for Dennys to run out of pancakes? Second the main reason we love Denny's is because of they're pancakes. And third we were so hungry and tired of waiting we grudgingly agreed. After waiting another 15 minutes our food arrived, and this is what was wrong with our order.

The eggs were cooked wrong, we wanted 2 sausage and 2 bacon, but only received bacon. Our meal came with a juice but didn't receive it till we asked for it, and still had to wait another 5 minutes before we got it. For some reason we were only given one syrup to share, and our hash browns were undercooked. This was by far the absolute worst dining experience we've ever had at a Denny's. Though our server was very apologetic and comped us our drinks, the service was very lacking. That very same morning my in laws were celebrating a birthday and wanted to eat at that same Denny's but after having heard our story they decide to go the IHOP. I also believe this one experience will forever influence our opinion of Dennys. Our servers name was Rodolfo and our order # was 329783. Overall our experience was highly disappointing.

Bad

(Castro location) What a very dirty Denny's....worst one I have seen, bathrooms and restaurant. Hostess try to sit us in booth with a large hole in the cushion, but we asked for another. We ended up walking out after waiting for a waitress for over 15 min....they were to busy talking with old customers and amongst themselves. There were only three other tables with customers in the entire restaurant. We are royal customers of Denny's and when traveling we would always know that we could count on good food and service. None so much here. (Temecula , Ranch Calif Blvd location) Another dirty restaurant and bathrooms. Had to ask for coffee and waitress never checked back with us. I placed my order only having to repeat what I had asked in the beginning when serviced. Waitress was unfriendly, didn't smile once and rushed us with our order. Again very disappointed with both restaurants on our trip! We have two Denny's here in Redding, Calif and their both very clean, great food and great service!

Horrible

Denny's restaurant on the intersection of hwy 287 and Sublett rd. Arlington TX. I have been coming to Denny's for over fifty years in the past five years I take my family out for breakfast six times a week spending close to 125.00 a wk plus tips. The Denny's I go to are as follows one on road to six flags, Hullen, carrier parkway, Cooper str, Foresthill,burleson, seminary Dr. But because of the way the one on Sublett treated me. As long as that franchise Denny's stay open I'll never eat there again. Cracker barrel, ihop, even MacDonalds never again at Denny's.

Poor

I completed your Denny's Listens and did not receive a code to receive the Pancake Puppies for free.

Bad

Waitress failed to bring plates to me for my appetizer only brought napkins. When asked for plates she said she will be right back with them never showed up wth them. My quesidilla was over cooked the first time then it was cooked perfect but they put tomatoes on it when I requested EVERYTHING on the side! Like really. Then the manager got smart and my boyfriend finished his food by the time I even got my food remade. I am highly disappointed.

Bad

My daughter, husband and I were seated. First the waiter came over took our drink order. Coffee for husband, hot chocolate for daughter, and water for me. The coffee was brought out pretty fast. The other two drinks were not brought out at this point. The waiter Cody, took our order. Husband ordered T-bone breakfast, eggs over easy, french fries instead of hash browns, white bread toast. Then I go to say my daughter's order, Kid's menu spaghetti ( she only eats this every time we go) the waiter looked at her and said, "Aren't you getting a little old to be ordering her that?" I was embarrassed to say the least, I didn't know why he would say that, what was the problem? I told him she is 12 and had ordered that for years, kids spaghetti with french bread and french fries. He had an issue with the food cost for kids menu and went on to explain the pricing scheme for kids and senior menus. I'm just sitting there nodding my head. WHAT HAD WE DONE WRONG? Nothing! He put us on the spot trying to get us to order a larger entree I guess was his goal, i guess. He even explained the fact that she would. Not be allowed to order that when she turned 13, my daughter was not thrilled, he embarrassed her to say the least. The family in the next table over overheard, and said that he really had no business getting into this discussion with me, as we had not violated any policy so forth. I was stunned, I felt like I wanted to leave at that point, but it was Easter so I ordered a Grand Slam Slugger. TURKEY BACON (I do not eat pork)' eggs over easy, hash browns, and pancakes. The coffee and hot chocolate they ordered would be the drinks for the slugger instead.

So after he left we waited, the water and hot chocolate never came, he never returned to the table, like 10 min had passed, I got up to look for the manager, to tell him what the waiter had said at the table. I told him we were about to walk out, and he apologized many times and said he would bag the order to go and offer 20% discount. I said no way, comp the ticket, Ill go home and eat it there. We waited over 30 min for the order to be prepared, another waiter gave us the bag, we got up and left. The manager did explain he comped the ticket as a way to show that he felt bad about what had happened. Anyway...

Husbands order... new York steak kinda raw, two eggs over easy, french fries (No toast...forgotten). Daughter's order... one box only containing kids spaghetti, (No garlic bread, no french fries, no cheese to put on top)....forgotten), and no hot chocolate from when we were inside the restaurant My order... 2 eggs over easy, hash browns and 4 PORK BACON (We do not, I repeat do not eat pork), I ordered turkey bacon. I was very clear about the fact i wanted turkey bacon, lastly was 2 pancakes. I called manager to tell him there were items missing, he apologized again, told me it was his fault as he was the one to bag the order, but did mot thoroughly check the order. I think that it has to easily be one of the worst dining (or attempted dining) experiences EVER. CODY THE WAITER was rude, the second waiter Kane was cocky and rude about bringing out our beverages after it was clear Cody was not our server at that point. The manager tried to do the right thing, but ended up making mistakes which made it worse. When I called he offered no further solution to this dilemma, that is why I spent my time sending thos complaint. I hope nobody would have to go through what we went through, just because the server (Cody) was being way to bossy and condescending. Outrageous that the table next to us witnessed the ongoing terrible service.

Horrible

If possible I would leave 0 stars. After being seated we waited over 15 minutes before anyone asked if we been helped. Other customers came and were seated and received their drinks even after we were there for 30 minutes. At that point another waitress came and asked if we been helped and I answered no. She seemed confused as she mentioned she had informed our waiter over 3 times that we needed help. At that point it was ridiculous and we decided to leave. This is the worst experience.

Contact the Denny's Complaint Department