Dell Customer Service

Contact Dell Corporate

Toll free phone number: 512-338-4400

Dell is a manufacturer of computers and technology equipment based in Round Rock, Texas. For complaints again Dell, you can reach their customer service number between 7am-7pm, Monday to Friday. The corporate offices are closed on the weekends.

Common Dell complaints include issues with billing, support problems, and hardware failures. The company was founded by CEO Michael Dell, and remains one of the largest provider of business computers, laptops, and electronics in the world. If you have feedback about a Dell product or service, please let us know.

Upset with Dell?

File a complaint here!

Reach Dell Headquarters

Send your feedback directly to the management team

• Dell corporate office

• Round Rock, TX 78682
    • Round Rock
    • TX 78682

512-338-4400

7am-7pm CST, 5 days a week

Top Dell Complaints

After the windows 10 update was downloaded onto my laptop, it started rebooting once or twice an hour. I tried resetting it, I tried restoring it, and it just kept getting worse. Not it is totally unusable. I contacted Dell support and we ran a test and the tell me that it now needs a new mother board, when I turn it on it starts to analyze the system, then stops in only a few seconds and goes to auto repair, then stops again and goes back to analyze and goes back and forth that it. When we got it to run the test, it get part way through test and quits. The computer is a Dell Inspiron 3541 service tag FBSL812. I'm very upset about this,as I am disabled and use my computer daily. This update has totally trashed my computer and Dell wants $450 to $500 to replace it.

Comment (0)

My wife and myself purchased this Dell laptop on 07/04/16 and have had problems getting it to boot up since the purchase. We promptly contacted Office Max about the problem and was told that it was probably a Windows 10 issue that has yet to be resolved. Since then the problem has slowly gotten worse and yesterday ( today being 09/04/16 ) it took 7 attempts to finally get it to boot up. I called Dell support about the issue but was told that only for a fee would they be able to help. I'm not paying a fee to have an issue fixed that has been a problem since the day we bought it. This pc has been babied with limited use and I'm very disappointed with service from both Office Max and Dell to this point. I just want a pc that works properly.

Comment (0)

I bought a Dell Inspiron 24 5000 series on October 2005 (Tel # in your files is 201 348 8916). The Kaspersky Internet Security resulted in being incapable of stopping virus from entering the system. I had to bring my PC twice to the GeekSquad section for the same reason. We learned (from,a friend of mine that also has Kaspersky) that they have a Kaspersky Complete Security.

This I confirmed by chatting to agent Sheila on 8/8/2015 at 01:56 PM. I am requesting to have the Kaspersky you gave me with my purchase to be substituted for the Kaspesky Complete Security, free of charge. Thanks very much, in advance, for your help in this matter. (They should not provide the Internet Security version since does not have the capability to protect us from a virus. In your records must show when I brought the PC to your shop.

Comment (0)

I received my Dell Preferred Account balance and results that Dell is charging to me interest rate of original debt from one year ago, and in my balance says. Balance Subject to Interest Rate of $522.39 and they are charging to me of interest of $391.67. Original debt $2000 and I Paid $1500 so I owe $522.39 which mean I already paid $1500 and Dell is charging to me the interest of $2000 and not of $522 that I owe. Something is very wrong and I need that Dell only charge interest for the amount I owe.

Comment (0)

I have an older Dell Venue 11 Pro. The battery swelled causing a crack in the cover plate, OK its old. I called about a replacement cover plate and was told that little piece of plastic was $45 !!!! No way, I declined. Not appreciating being raped I tried to inquire about a new tablet that would be the equivalent or better of what I have. No luck. I then asked if the new Dell backup software would copy programs as well as data. The tablets don't have disk drives so there is no backup software I can reinstall.

This is when I started getting REALLY annoyed. I was told I should buy the new tablet and once I got it to contact tech support to find out what could be backed up! I refused to buy something and then hope it would work. I have plenty of paper weights.

I know outsourcing all the support work outside of the country makes dollar sense. It is nevertheless frustrating not knowing if II am being understood and trying to understand someone from Delhi India over a marginal phone connection. Its even worse when the dollar savings are passed along to the execs for their yachts and golf memberships while I am still being charged $45 for a lousy plastic cover. Suggestion, take away the exec bonuses for a year or two and invest in a decent AI.

I've been a Dell customer for decades but now I feel they have more than used up their loyalty credit. I shall now shop around for other vendors. I realize I'm just a small, tiny part of the Dell revenue but in good conscience I can no longer recommend Dell.

Comment (0)

On 4/8/2016, I returned a Garmin Vivoactive-Smart Watch (Item # A8262872) to Dell because it was not compatible with my iPhone 4. The order # is 126414431. I have been trying for over a month to get my account credited for the return of this item. I have talked to several customer service reps who have promised to take care of the problem. A case specialist even offered me a $50 discount on my next purchase as an apology for the delay in crediting my account. The service number they gave me was 929531073. Still my account has not been credited for the return.

I even talked to someone in financial services regarding my account. They said they would fix the problem and gave me case ID#4234795. That was over 3 weeks ago. Each time I call for assistance, I am placed on hold for a long time and transferred to reps who promise to fix the problem. The issue still remains. All I want is for my account to be credited for the returned item. Please help me with this issue. All I want is to have my account credited for the returned item.

Comment (0)

My debit card was jacked to make a purchase. I called them on Tuesday (today is Friday) was passed around about 6 times and hung up on was finally told they stopped the package for delivery and I should have my credit in 4 days. Dell got their computer back but I still don't have my money back! Today is 4 days, I called back and again was passed around 6-8 times and hung up on when I asked for a supervisor! Are you kidding me? This is how you treat poor disabled people who have had their money jacked.

That was my house note and now I am late because Dell told me one thing and wasted 4 days in waiting. Now they tell me to contact my bank? They are liars that can't hardly speak English and rude! If I ever get money to purchase a computer, It will never be with Dell because they suck. So now my mortgage will be late and cost me an additional $30 which I have to pay on a low income! Rude , inconsiderate and rip off! No one with Dell will help me.

Comment (0)

I purchased a dell vostro 2520 laptop having order Id- (1345116225) worth Rs 26,320 with 3 years warranty through snapdeal. However, my warranty ended on 4th February 2016. Ideally my warranty should have lasted till 21st may 2016.

Comment (0)

I have been trying for weeks, to get an answer to my question. Dell ahs the worst customer service I've come across. This computer was a gift, and I don't have anyone I can ask why they make it almost impossible to play a CD or download from one. My computer is a desktop. I'll never purchase anything else from them nor will I recommend them to anyone. I will gladly inform people what a horrid customer service they have.

Comment (0)

I purchased a all in one (890) computer from Best Buy in Boise, Idaho approximately 2 months ago. I was contacted by a representative from your firm about a life time computer service for $650.00, plus an additional $50.00 per computer. I added three more service contracts for an additional $150.00. I have paid all but the last installment.

Recently I have tried to use this service and have had little success even though I have left messages at the request of your online recording. I do no find the service unsatisfactory. I have had to use local service providers;furthermore, I find now that the information provided has not been complete or accurate. If you check the record on this machine Please cancel this contract and refund the money.

Comment (0)

Purchased dell desktop computer year and half ago. It will cost $436 to repair your lousy product. First and last purchase of a dell. First and last purchase from best buy.

Comment (1)

I got the new Microsoft 10 program with my new Dell computer. I had hoped it would feature the same basics as my older version.I had quite a time figuring out where programs were located and where my photos went when I uploaded them. I had bought a CD with Microsoft Office for my older computer and had hoped I could use it with the new one. No. Microsoft would rent me a version. Then there is a charge for protection from malware, adware and viruses. Now I discover there is also a charge for a backup for my data and if I do not buy this, everything that has been backed up for free, may be permanently lost. I am on a fixed income and cannot afford all the extras to make the computer useful to me in addition to the cost of Internet. I doubt I will ever buy Microsoft again.

Comment (0)

I bought this computer last fall. Within 8 weeks it was no longer charging. First the computer diagnostics told me I needed a new cord. Even though I thought I was using the cord that I had been shipped, I tried to buy another one in local stores (an afternoon shot). Then I ordered one online ( wasted money), because when it arrived, I got the same error message that I had been getting. The machine registers that it has been plugged in but does not accept a charge. I called India - waited while we worked through the guy's script - and he decided my battery was dead so I got a new battery shipped and a repair guy showed up to repair it.

Repair guy was ok but the battery still wouldn't charge - so he called India and waded through the guy on the other end and we ultimately got the part shipped that he thought he needed. Repair guy came back and installed it and now my computer would accept a charge. A day or two later (Jan 30), I flew to Mexico. The computer was working on airplane mode during the flight but would not boot up once I landed. I had to buy another computer in Cuernavaca because I needed one for the work I had gone there to do ($400 out of pocket). I got back to the states (mid February), waded through another of those script call to India things, and the guy in India decided I should ship it to you.

Ok - it was returned to me able to turn on - a good thing - but the sound wasn't working. A ran some dialogue box which says some part is defective. It only works with the ear phone plugged in. I don't want to send it back and deal with India again - It's not the India part that's irritating it's talking with someone who's reading from a script so we have to wade through their whole script before I can discuss the issue. And their scripted comments repeating back to me what I told them and their "Don't worry I'm going to help you with that." which is another line on the script.

Anyway - I don't want to mail it in again and have to take time with a third visit from a repair man. And now - this morning - I am again getting the signal that the computer is plugged in but not charging. I got a lemon. I want a replacement and I want $450 for the unnecessary cord I bought because your system told me the wrong thing to buy and the computer I had to buy because this one wouldn't boot up.

I bought a Dell because you guys have a reputation for having an excellent service contract. But it appears to me you have made a business decision to make a poor quality product and cover the one's that won't function with your service product. I would rather pay a little more and get a product that doesn't need repairs all the time.

Comment (0)

Purchased an Inspiron 11 laptop in Dec., 2014, and have had multiple problems. In Nov., 2015, while still under warranty spent hours on numerous phone calls tried to get help. Worst consumer, help and service departments ever. Constantly transferring calls to people who don't speak or understand English well all the while thanking you for calling Dell. I am trying to get their legal department in Texas and no one has the phone number! I am going to sue them but they are making it very difficult.

Comment (0)

I own a dell precision m6500 and was wondering if this item was ever recalled? have had nothing but problems , constant freezing, went online and discovered I'm not the only victim. I am not an it person but I've had it people work on unit and they say just to replace it. I need a new unit now and wonder if some type of credit would be issued toward a new improved version.

Comment (0)

Purchased an all in one had a crash and tried to use dell restore to original. Program failed before completion and all apps not restored as well as sluggish performance. Over 10 hours on phone today 01/04/16. Talked with tech support 0102/16 for two hours and went thru diagnostics and they could not repair and refused any further help. This unit is still under warranty and is less than 6 months old. What do you do?

Comment (0)

I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 11 series 3000-3157 tablet as a Christmas present. After opening the box and turning the monitor on a blue line appeared in the left corner of the screen. I immediately contacted Dell customer service about the problem and wanted to exchange it. During the course of 1 hour and 2 minutes I spoke to 3 different people and that time of this email was still on hold to speak with a fourth person in the exchange department.

Comment (0)

I am a very disappointed customer from India who purchased a notebook of dell 30 days ago. The notebook had faulty motherboard as audio port was not responding. I wrote an email to support team where a complaint id 921182299 was given to me on 06-Dec-2015. I tried calling all customer support numbers and none of them worked.

I tried calling all support numbers from Dell website and none of them worked hence I wrote on social media about this issue and then a lady (Named Sabina) from support team asked me to perform couple of troubleshooting steps to identify the fault. I performed every possible step and replied that nothing worked and she promised me for an onsite support which never happened.

There was no option left for me hence I went back to my reseller and reported about the fault ,and then a guy called support number from their end and logged a complaint 921211437 on 12-Dec-2015 and again I was promised for an onsite engineer visit on Monday which never happened. I am extremely disappointed now that I purchased your product which was faulty from day 1 and gave me trouble further and none of your support member helped me even though I had warranty on this product.

Comment (0)

I was contacted by one of the scam companies indicating my computer had issues. Because they had my DELL service tag number for my computer I contacted DELL. I also within minutes started seeing a warning regarding a "Trojan" virus. I was concerned my computer safety had been breached and had a virus uploaded. I worked with the DELL technical support person who scanned my computer (which found no virus) and talked me into purchasing the Dell Concierge serves as well as adding the hardware warrantee to my computer which resulted in close to a 400.00 purchase that was put on my DELL account. A scanning program apparently was added to my computer. This program frequently made changes to the configuration of my computer such as changing my default search engine. I do not want the "bing" search engine on my computer with all the "child" inappropriate and junk new info where my children can just see or click links for. I prefer the basic "plain" google search engine without advertisements.

I also noticed during peak hours of using my computer that I would get a notification from the DELL concierge service that asked me to make changes to my hard drive. Which looks like DELL was accessing my computer remotely without permission. I worked with Dell Concierge services multiple times to try to get this aspect and as well as try to resolve a new issue of not being able to understand the technical support people. I asked about escalating my service to a supervisor and this was supposedly done but learned later it was not. The person on the phone made a mistake and stated they has already spoke to me which indicted the issue had not been escalated. When I told the person on the phone I believed they were dishonest I asked about another escalation and was told the call could not be given to anyone else at DELL. After searching extensively to find a corporate number at DELL and finally talking to someone else my only recourse was to cancel my DELL concierge serve and request a refund.

At this time I was informed I could not contact DELL anymore for technical support. I had to question this twice in order to get them to clarify that I in fact could contact DELL technical support for computer issues and that I was just cancelling the concierge service. DELL really needs to have a technical support group for each country they are in. It is really hard to talk to a person from INDIA or the Philippines over the phone and know you are understood or understand them. I have friends and family from both places and I don't have problems with them. I just think they need to make better choices in those they do choose. Only result...refund of my money...computer left with same issues and minimal support. I have been a long time DELL customer and made many purchases with DELL...DELL you have lost my loyalty and I will no longer recommend DELL for anything. This company is too hard to deal with and there is no Corporate support or connection available.

Comment (0)

Called Dell Tech Support after purchasing 3 laptops. The software installed in the computers keep shutting down our router when switching websites. Tech was from India, barely understandable, and after and hour of remote review attempted to sell us a software service plan for $300 annually. Used bogus website identified issue that I resolved immediately after terminating contact. Would not attempt to fix the problem until we paid them. Also refuse to disconnect for extended period after being told we had no interest.

Comment (0)

During the last two weeks of October 2015, I was contacted on my cell by a heavily accented (Indian) female telling me she is with the Dell Computer Support Team. She wanted to access my computer since it appeared that it has been invaded with adverse data. I consented but due to my not being able to fully understand her and we were getting nowhere. She passed me on to a male Tech whom I also could not fully understand and he passed me on to another male Tech. He was little more comprehensible but he also not able to enter my computer. We were disconnect or more likely he hung up. Two days later, I received another phone call from them. Though I understood this male Tech a whee bit better, we also could not get him connected to my computer and after many frustrating minutes (39), I hung up. And, I just wanted to forget about whole mess. Then I was scammed for $300! Beware.

Comment (0)

Since 10/19/2015 I have been working with dell support. Today's date is 10/28/2015 and my complaint to customer service call went horribly. I believe they should listen to all the recorded calls because too many lies have been told. The last call the Dell part is out of stock. What has happened to next days service that they tout - another lie! I want my computer taken back and my money refunded from Dell corporate offices.

Comment (1)

I ordered a computer on 8/17/15 and I told he person I needed it by 8/20/15 When I recd the invoice it showed part coming on the 18th and the rest to be shipped out on the 25th I called Susan back she called me back and assured me it would be here the 20. Today I called to see when it was to get here and it will not get here till after the 25th After a 30 minutes on the Phone I still have not been able to get anything done. I was on hold approx 25 minutes out of the 30 I was told I could not speak to a manger until I got upset and then he transferred me over but had to wait another 19 minutes before I got one which was for nothing. I just ordered a computer desktop from you and I feel that if this is the way Customer Service helps I need to return the one I got and canceled the order on the one coming. I have spent about a hour to an hour and half on the phone about this problem.

Comment (0)

I bought a HP Slimline for $319.42. It did not perform well and I returned it to the store on 12/09/15 The store did not have a replacement and I picked out a Dell 20" All-in-One and paid $277.82 difference. I was out of town and did not use the Dell from 03/09/15 to 06/28/15. The Dell computer needed a "Hard Drive" replaced. It was returned to me on 07/16-15. Now on 07/19/15 the same computer is "DOWN" again and the Pre-boot system say's the "Hard Drive" test was unsuccessful again. Now I have spent a total of $597.24. and still don't have a working computer. I am most unhappy with the staff at the store as the Geek squad just wanted to sell me a $200-350.00 contract. I had purchased a warranty on both computers.

Comment (0)

My Dell Revue 8 tablet which is under a year old, kept saying shutting down. I couldn't fix it. I called Dell and spoke to someone who had a very bad connection. He said I had to pay $149 for a security package in order for them to send me a new tablet. He also said someone from customer service would call me within 24 hrs. Didn't happen. I called again the next day and spoke to a woman who said I had to pay $99 for a replacement tablet because of the cost of the technology. I paid 349.00 for a tablet less than a year ago and now you want another $99 to replace it. I'll buy another brand and put a 3 yr warranty on it for under 50.00. Never doing business with Dell again.

Comment (0)

My husband purchased my Dell Inspiron 17 in October 2014 as a Christmas gift for me. I open it on Christmas and discovered the computer was moving very slowly (not my internet service) the wireless connected and disconnected every two to three minutes. The touch pad didn't work properly. I called Dell support and allowed the technician work remotely on my internet issue and check the touch pad setting. After 2 hours I was told the issues had been resolved. I tried to use the laptop and became frustrated because the internet sites had add ware now, the computer was moving slowly and the touch pad continued to not work properly. I was forced to use my old computer until I was unable to use it anymore. I called support once again. During this call I was told I had a software issue and it was not covered under warranty. They immediately went into their sales pitch and assured me that paying an additional three hundred plus (close to four hundred dollars) they would be able to fix the issues and I would have a one year warranty for software.

They took access of my computer and downloaded multiple programs and drivers. Once again the computer worked a couple of times but the issues was not fixed. It was a temporary fix. I finally called Dell Support to advise I wanted this new laptop replaced because of the issues I continue to experience. I was told I was not eligible for a replacement, exchange. I was required to allow them to work on it remotely again to diagnosis and fix the problem. At this point, I advised no I would not be wasting anymore of my time on allowing them to try to fix the computer since the last two efforts didn't resolve the issue and cost me an additional three hundred plus dollars for service that I shouldn't need for a new laptop. Instead of really trying to honor my request, they continued to enforce we must take access you can't have a replacement.

My final thought of Dell is I will never purchase another Dell. I will not recommend it to my family or employer anymore. The support team emphasized but didn't listen to what I was requesting their only focus was to transfer me from person to person without really understanding I work remotely and expected to have a reliable laptop to perform my job. It is sad Dell didn't work with me since they had documentation of the calls and support I received. My computer of 8 months has been a nightmare. It is really sad Dell does exchange or replacement a laptop to a customer who had tried to work with them to fix issues on a newly purchased laptop. Trashing my 1400.00 plus 400.00 down the drain. SAD!

Comment (0)

Purchased a Dell XPS 27 on 8/21/2015. The purchase included premium support. On 4/28/15 I was unable to boot this computer, which has everything! I contacted Dell to provide support. They tell me that there is a hold on my service contract because of a disputed charge of $193.33. I have spent a lot of time on the phone with the service team and many departments in India and the Philippines about removing this hold. To no avail.

I have no way of fixing this, because I have no way of proving that I do not owe this money. No one wants any documentation, which I have. I have already proved that I do not owe this money to Capital One Visa. I have proof that the error is on Dell Sales department, who incorrectly charged me for this amount.

My suggestion to anyone is do not purchase a Dell!!! I certainly will never do that again, nor will any of my companies do that.

Comment (0)

I have Dell's Concierge Service, a hardware warranty, and a software warranty with Dell. So they have contracted to fix anything that goes wrong. The fist time my computer crashed, they sent a technician out here three times before they finally gave up on fixing the machine and provided me with a refurbished machine. It crashed two weeks before the warranty expired. Dell screwed up with their Planned Obsolescence. It took me two months to get a refurbished machine. When the refurbished computer crashed, they again sent a technician out here three times. This time they gave me a new machine. But two months later, they either cannot or will not get it to work properly. They tell the BBB that they cannot reach me by phone. In fact they call me and hang up when I answer.I have spent over 30 hours on the phone with them, previously, with the lower level technicians, who are worthless and crashed my new machine. Finally got it escalated to the BBB Retention division. Sanjay was initially helpful and knowledgeable, but now Sanjay lies about his efforts to contact me and assist me. I want them to send a technician out here to fix the machine. I've wasted enough of my time.

Comment (0)

They will not admit my pc has a hardware problem covered under the warranty.

Comment (0)

I called Dell’s Support twice requesting an Owner’s Manual for my newly purchased Inspiron 15 laptop. The person I spoke to asked me why I wanted one. I am 69 years old. This new laptop is my second computer in 13 years. I was very satisfied with my old Dell. But Microsoft discontinued XP. I need something I can refer to. Your support agents just keep telling me to go on line. That is all right if I knew how to navigate my computer. I need an owner’s manual for my new computer. I never heard of an appliance not being sold without an owner’s manual let alone a computer. Please help. I do not feel my request is outrageous.

Comment (8)

I have place this order (582282873) for two Dell 23 Touch Monitor – P2314T Delivers by Wednesday, April 23, 2014 $854.98 they are $427.49 each. These same monitors are on sale for this price $319.99 with order of the XPS 8700. This is the order number for the XPS 8700 (582282824). I order it at the same time. This the price from the Dell website: (Dell 23 Touch Monitor – offer: Save $130 $319.99 P2314T Limited time)

All I wanted to do was offset the $215.00 price with the cost of more memory or whatever else that could be ordered. to make my purchase. I have called you customer service line and have asked for a supervisor to help with this problem. I have sent emils to the person that made the order: Your Sales Professional: Gerrit Clemence / Gerrit_Clemence@DellTeam.com (800) 456-3355x 4167854. And I have sent an email to a supervisor in Round Rock TX.

Comment (1)

I have had to apply for a credit card twice from Dell. Each time I use the card and stop using it for a period of time, the account is closed. This causes a hardship on the consumer. When I need to purchase items, my account is closed. I started a business and need items for it. Just last night I called to replace the mouse that came with my laptop you built for me.

I could not even do that. I think its unfair to close people account just because they don’t use the account for a period of time. It does not mean that they don’t want to use it at a later time. Is there some way you can correct that from happening? Or am I the only one that has a problem with this?

Comment (2)

I ordered a Dell laptop around Thanksgiving on line, they emailed a quote for the laptop I wanted, seemed they had missed a few items and I answered on the quote form as to wat was missing. Ordered was entered and I was told the computer would be shipped in about a week and I would get a prepaid debit card for $100.00. I checked my email daily and checked Dell on line about my order but it stated that order was in processing. I called salesperson after another week and inquired about my order. It seemed order was “stuck” in system and was not yet processed, said I would have to reorder, price for system I wanted had changed and card was no longer available either.

I reordered computer and rec’d discounts totalling $100.00 supposedly. I had originally was told I could upgrade to a 24″ monitor for additional $30.00. When I rec’d order, I was invoiced for computer and $239.00 for 24″ monitor. I called support and talked with an East Indian person from India. I couldn’t understand him but at end of call he said there was no problem with order. I called Dell in US and was told there was no problem with order. They said that they could not bill per the quote and had to bill monitor separately to get close to quoted price. I told them I was short a Corel Paintshop I had ordered but they said since I ordered Adobe Photoshop they didn’t think I really needed. Corel.

The price charged did not indicate the Software I ordered but was close to quote issued including software. Again I was told there was no problem with order. No problem for them because they charged me for software I did not receive so they could charge me for quote. $$$$$ Computer was manufactured in China, assembled in Mexico, support was in India and billing was in Round Rock, Texas. I ordered a Dell computer several years ago but this computer was nowhere near the quality of the computer. I guess they are doing what they have to do to profit including shorting me with computer order.

Cheap Product, lousy tech support and incompetent sales and customer service. Leaves just a little to be desired.

Comment (1)

Repeated misrepresentations by Dell concerning delivery date for on-line purchase of XPS 8300. Canceled order on 1/23/12 following 1 hour of “customer support” thru India & El Salvador agents. During on-line checkout, delivery was stated as 1/16/12. Within 7 days, represented delivery date was changed – first to 1/20/12 then to 1/27/12. As of today (1/23/12), on-line order status still shows delivery by 1/27/12. But now told by “customer service” that delivery date is in fact no sooner than early March 2012. Dell also charged AmEx card in full prior to shipment, without authorization.

I would have never ordered the product had Dell given an accurate delivery date. Dell has wasted my time and negatively affected my business/law practice.

Comment (1)

My boyfriend and I ordered a desktop computer for a shceduled delivery of Thursday 07/28/2011 and the deilvery was @5:40pm Friday the 29 of july. I can live with that. We were told the debit card would not be charged until September 15/2011 becuase this is the second rental for us. The computer that was deolvered has to have a new hard drive aparently it is used and when they wiped the system they removed the Dell emergency backup files no office program and I have to pay for a computer that is useless! They will not give any discount i am livid if i cnnot get ahold of the tomorrow im filing theft charges disputing the charge and anything else i can think of. I have to pay thousands for a computer that is useles!

Comment (1)

I tried through DELL to get credit for a new computer on credit. Dell said they ran a credit check and said I had no credit. Not true I have had a unsucured loan for 8 years with a loan co, I just got a home loan approvel and I am in my new home for 3 months. I have nothing on my credit other than these two loans and a credit score of 640. Dell says I have no credit, they better take a look at how they decide who has bad credit and good.Ill not buy a computer from dell if this is how they treat people. I called Dell and I could not get one real reasion why I was turned down. At least on the phone talking to dell I could hear them breath and thats about it.

Comment (1)

I purchased recently an new dell Inspiron Duo. I has previously owned a dell Inspiron laptop and had it for over 5 years. The biggest reason I made a purchase again thru dell is that my company (which is one the largest companies wordwide provides employees a employee purchase program thru dell). Anyway I was sent the wrong type of dvd player and I didn’t realize it until I was trying to get my real player to burn a cd. I could sit hear all day and go thru the details about the terrible dell customer service and how between being hung-up on and bounced around like a hot potato that they didn’t take any responsibility and didn’t even want to make any type of a compromise.

I let them know I will never ever, ever ever purchase another product from them and have already at this point successfully talked 2 colleagues out of purchasing a dell and said dont bother.

Comment (1)

My dell laptop would not charge from AC adapter. Replaced AC adapter. Battery Failed. Replaced Battery. Laptop would not charge from AC adapter, again. Dell assured me that the problem was still Adapter/Battery. Researched problem was defective motherboard. Fought to send it back, since it was under warranty. Computer returned with new battery and adapter. After a month or two. Laptop would not charge from AC adapter. Replaced AC adapter. Battery Failed. Replaced Battery. Laptop would not charge from AC adapter, again. Out of warranty. My problem. I will never— NEVER —- use Dell again. For home or company.

Comment (1)

Dell’s service in general is bad. I ‘ll take it a step further and say that I am completely disgusted with Dell’s Software dept. I had to buy a maintenance contract for a year and this is what comes with this paid service-total incompetence and lack of consistency. Every support person I’ve talked to in the software dept, has been rude, not returned follow up calls for the most part or called back on the wrong day. I have been talked to in the most abusive tone with an equally shitty attitude, very condescending and argumentative. I have spent thousands of dollars at Dell…had I only known that it would all prove to be one of my worst investments in a company…

Browse reviews of other Computers