Customer Satisfaction Results
2 out of 5 Stars
22 Consumer Reviews

Dell
Complaint Department

Welcome to the Dell company complaint page. Here you can file a complaint against Dell online for poor customer service, billing problems, or report a rude employee. If you need to contact the Dell corporate office with your feedback, there is information listed below including mailing address, customer service phone number, and support email address.

Have you had problems with Dell?

Compare Dell to Similar Computer Electronics more...

Top 22 Reviews about Dell

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Dell customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

I own a dell precision m6500 and was wondering if this item was ever recalled? have had nothing but problems , constant freezing, went online and discovered I'm not the only victim. I am not an it person but I've had it people work on unit and they say just to replace it. I need a new unit now and wonder if some type of credit would be issued toward a new improved version.

Upvote (0)

I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 11 series 3000-3157 tablet as a Christmas present. After opening the box and turning the monitor on a blue line appeared in the left corner of the screen. I immediately contacted Dell customer service about the problem and wanted to exchange it. During the course of 1 hour and 2 minutes I spoke to 3 different people and that time of this email was still on hold to speak with a fourth person in the exchange department.

Upvote (0)

I was contacted by one of the scam companies indicating my computer had issues. Because they had my DELL service tag number for my computer I contacted DELL. I also within minutes started seeing a warning regarding a "Trojan" virus. I was concerned my computer safety had been breached and had a virus uploaded. I worked with the DELL technical support person who scanned my computer (which found no virus) and talked me into purchasing the Dell Concierge serves as well as adding the hardware warrantee to my computer which resulted in close to a 400.00 purchase that was put on my DELL account. A scanning program apparently was added to my computer. This program frequently made changes to the configuration of my computer such as changing my default search engine. I do not want the "bing" search engine on my computer with all the "child" inappropriate and junk new info where my children can just see or click links for. I prefer the basic "plain" google search engine without advertisements.

I also noticed during peak hours of using my computer that I would get a notification from the DELL concierge service that asked me to make changes to my hard drive. Which looks like DELL was accessing my computer remotely without permission. I worked with Dell Concierge services multiple times to try to get this aspect and as well as try to resolve a new issue of not being able to understand the technical support people. I asked about escalating my service to a supervisor and this was supposedly done but learned later it was not. The person on the phone made a mistake and stated they has already spoke to me which indicted the issue had not been escalated. When I told the person on the phone I believed they were dishonest I asked about another escalation and was told the call could not be given to anyone else at DELL. After searching extensively to find a corporate number at DELL and finally talking to someone else my only recourse was to cancel my DELL concierge serve and request a refund.

At this time I was informed I could not contact DELL anymore for technical support. I had to question this twice in order to get them to clarify that I in fact could contact DELL technical support for computer issues and that I was just cancelling the concierge service. DELL really needs to have a technical support group for each country they are in. It is really hard to talk to a person from INDIA or the Philippines over the phone and know you are understood or understand them. I have friends and family from both places and I don't have problems with them. I just think they need to make better choices in those they do choose. Only result...refund of my money...computer left with same issues and minimal support. I have been a long time DELL customer and made many purchases with DELL...DELL you have lost my loyalty and I will no longer recommend DELL for anything. This company is too hard to deal with and there is no Corporate support or connection available.

Upvote (0)

Called Dell Tech Support after purchasing 3 laptops. The software installed in the computers keep shutting down our router when switching websites. Tech was from India, barely understandable, and after and hour of remote review attempted to sell us a software service plan for $300 annually. Used bogus website identified issue that I resolved immediately after terminating contact. Would not attempt to fix the problem until we paid them. Also refuse to disconnect for extended period after being told we had no interest.

Upvote (0)

During the last two weeks of October 2015, I was contacted on my cell by a heavily accented (Indian) female telling me she is with the Dell Computer Support Team. She wanted to access my computer since it appeared that it has been invaded with adverse data. I consented but due to my not being able to fully understand her and we were getting nowhere. She passed me on to a male Tech whom I also could not fully understand and he passed me on to another male Tech. He was little more comprehensible but he also not able to enter my computer. We were disconnect or more likely he hung up. Two days later, I received another phone call from them. Though I understood this male Tech a whee bit better, we also could not get him connected to my computer and after many frustrating minutes (39), I hung up. And, I just wanted to forget about whole mess. Then I was scammed for $300! Beware.

Upvote (0)

Since 10/19/2015 I have been working with dell support. Today's date is 10/28/2015 and my complaint to customer service call went horribly. I believe they should listen to all the recorded calls because too many lies have been told. The last call the Dell part is out of stock. What has happened to next days service that they tout - another lie! I want my computer taken back and my money refunded from Dell corporate offices.

Upvote (1)

I ordered a computer on 8/17/15 and I told he person I needed it by 8/20/15 When I recd the invoice it showed part coming on the 18th and the rest to be shipped out on the 25th I called Susan back she called me back and assured me it would be here the 20. Today I called to see when it was to get here and it will not get here till after the 25th After a 30 minutes on the Phone I still have not been able to get anything done. I was on hold approx 25 minutes out of the 30 I was told I could not speak to a manger until I got upset and then he transferred me over but had to wait another 19 minutes before I got one which was for nothing. I just ordered a computer desktop from you and I feel that if this is the way Customer Service helps I need to return the one I got and canceled the order on the one coming. I have spent about a hour to an hour and half on the phone about this problem.

Upvote (0)

My husband purchased my Dell Inspiron 17 in October 2014 as a Christmas gift for me. I open it on Christmas and discovered the computer was moving very slowly (not my internet service) the wireless connected and disconnected every two to three minutes. The touch pad didn't work properly. I called Dell support and allowed the technician work remotely on my internet issue and check the touch pad setting. After 2 hours I was told the issues had been resolved. I tried to use the laptop and became frustrated because the internet sites had add ware now, the computer was moving slowly and the touch pad continued to not work properly. I was forced to use my old computer until I was unable to use it anymore. I called support once again. During this call I was told I had a software issue and it was not covered under warranty. They immediately went into their sales pitch and assured me that paying an additional three hundred plus (close to four hundred dollars) they would be able to fix the issues and I would have a one year warranty for software.

They took access of my computer and downloaded multiple programs and drivers. Once again the computer worked a couple of times but the issues was not fixed. It was a temporary fix. I finally called Dell Support to advise I wanted this new laptop replaced because of the issues I continue to experience. I was told I was not eligible for a replacement, exchange. I was required to allow them to work on it remotely again to diagnosis and fix the problem. At this point, I advised no I would not be wasting anymore of my time on allowing them to try to fix the computer since the last two efforts didn't resolve the issue and cost me an additional three hundred plus dollars for service that I shouldn't need for a new laptop. Instead of really trying to honor my request, they continued to enforce we must take access you can't have a replacement.

My final thought of Dell is I will never purchase another Dell. I will not recommend it to my family or employer anymore. The support team emphasized but didn't listen to what I was requesting their only focus was to transfer me from person to person without really understanding I work remotely and expected to have a reliable laptop to perform my job. It is sad Dell didn't work with me since they had documentation of the calls and support I received. My computer of 8 months has been a nightmare. It is really sad Dell does exchange or replacement a laptop to a customer who had tried to work with them to fix issues on a newly purchased laptop. Trashing my 1400.00 plus 400.00 down the drain. SAD!

Upvote (0)

Purchased a Dell XPS 27 on 8/21/2015. The purchase included premium support. On 4/28/15 I was unable to boot this computer, which has everything! I contacted Dell to provide support. They tell me that there is a hold on my service contract because of a disputed charge of $193.33. I have spent a lot of time on the phone with the service team and many departments in India and the Philippines about removing this hold. To no avail.

I have no way of fixing this, because I have no way of proving that I do not owe this money. No one wants any documentation, which I have. I have already proved that I do not owe this money to Capital One Visa. I have proof that the error is on Dell Sales department, who incorrectly charged me for this amount.

My suggestion to anyone is do not purchase a Dell!!! I certainly will never do that again, nor will any of my companies do that.

Upvote (0)

I have Dell's Concierge Service, a hardware warranty, and a software warranty with Dell. So they have contracted to fix anything that goes wrong. The fist time my computer crashed, they sent a technician out here three times before they finally gave up on fixing the machine and provided me with a refurbished machine. It crashed two weeks before the warranty expired. Dell screwed up with their Planned Obsolescence. It took me two months to get a refurbished machine. When the refurbished computer crashed, they again sent a technician out here three times. This time they gave me a new machine. But two months later, they either cannot or will not get it to work properly. They tell the BBB that they cannot reach me by phone. In fact they call me and hang up when I answer.I have spent over 30 hours on the phone with them, previously, with the lower level technicians, who are worthless and crashed my new machine. Finally got it escalated to the BBB Retention division. Sanjay was initially helpful and knowledgeable, but now Sanjay lies about his efforts to contact me and assist me. I want them to send a technician out here to fix the machine. I've wasted enough of my time.

Upvote (0)

They will not admit my pc has a hardware problem covered under the warranty.

Upvote (0)

I called Dell’s Support twice requesting an Owner’s Manual for my newly purchased Inspiron 15 laptop. The person I spoke to asked me why I wanted one. I am 69 years old. This new laptop is my second computer in 13 years. I was very satisfied with my old Dell. But Microsoft discontinued XP. I need something I can refer to. Your support agents just keep telling me to go on line. That is all right if I knew how to navigate my computer. I need an owner’s manual for my new computer. I never heard of an appliance not being sold without an owner’s manual let alone a computer. Please help. I do not feel my request is outrageous.

Upvote (6)

I have place this order (582282873) for two Dell 23 Touch Monitor – P2314T Delivers by Wednesday, April 23, 2014 $854.98 they are $427.49 each. These same monitors are on sale for this price $319.99 with order of the XPS 8700. This is the order number for the XPS 8700 (582282824). I order it at the same time. This the price from the Dell website: (Dell 23 Touch Monitor – offer: Save $130 $319.99 P2314T Limited time)

All I wanted to do was offset the $215.00 price with the cost of more memory or whatever else that could be ordered. to make my purchase. I have called you customer service line and have asked for a supervisor to help with this problem. I have sent emils to the person that made the order: Your Sales Professional: Gerrit Clemence / Gerrit_Clemence@DellTeam.com (800) 456-3355x 4167854. And I have sent an email to a supervisor in Round Rock TX.

Upvote (1)

I have had to apply for a credit card twice from Dell. Each time I use the card and stop using it for a period of time, the account is closed. This causes a hardship on the consumer. When I need to purchase items, my account is closed. I started a business and need items for it. Just last night I called to replace the mouse that came with my laptop you built for me.

I could not even do that. I think its unfair to close people account just because they don’t use the account for a period of time. It does not mean that they don’t want to use it at a later time. Is there some way you can correct that from happening? Or am I the only one that has a problem with this?

Upvote (2)

I ordered a Dell laptop around Thanksgiving on line, they emailed a quote for the laptop I wanted, seemed they had missed a few items and I answered on the quote form as to wat was missing. Ordered was entered and I was told the computer would be shipped in about a week and I would get a prepaid debit card for $100.00. I checked my email daily and checked Dell on line about my order but it stated that order was in processing. I called salesperson after another week and inquired about my order. It seemed order was “stuck” in system and was not yet processed, said I would have to reorder, price for system I wanted had changed and card was no longer available either.

I reordered computer and rec’d discounts totalling $100.00 supposedly. I had originally was told I could upgrade to a 24″ monitor for additional $30.00. When I rec’d order, I was invoiced for computer and $239.00 for 24″ monitor. I called support and talked with an East Indian person from India. I couldn’t understand him but at end of call he said there was no problem with order. I called Dell in US and was told there was no problem with order. They said that they could not bill per the quote and had to bill monitor separately to get close to quoted price. I told them I was short a Corel Paintshop I had ordered but they said since I ordered Adobe Photoshop they didn’t think I really needed. Corel.

The price charged did not indicate the Software I ordered but was close to quote issued including software. Again I was told there was no problem with order. No problem for them because they charged me for software I did not receive so they could charge me for quote. $$$$$ Computer was manufactured in China, assembled in Mexico, support was in India and billing was in Round Rock, Texas. I ordered a Dell computer several years ago but this computer was nowhere near the quality of the computer. I guess they are doing what they have to do to profit including shorting me with computer order.

Cheap Product, lousy tech support and incompetent sales and customer service. Leaves just a little to be desired.

Upvote (1)

Repeated misrepresentations by Dell concerning delivery date for on-line purchase of XPS 8300. Canceled order on 1/23/12 following 1 hour of “customer support” thru India & El Salvador agents. During on-line checkout, delivery was stated as 1/16/12. Within 7 days, represented delivery date was changed – first to 1/20/12 then to 1/27/12. As of today (1/23/12), on-line order status still shows delivery by 1/27/12. But now told by “customer service” that delivery date is in fact no sooner than early March 2012. Dell also charged AmEx card in full prior to shipment, without authorization.

I would have never ordered the product had Dell given an accurate delivery date. Dell has wasted my time and negatively affected my business/law practice.

Upvote (1)

my boyfriend and i ordered a desktop computer for a shceduled delivery of Thursday 07/28/2011n the deilvery was @5:40pm Friday the 29 of july. i can live with that. we were told the debit card would NOT becharged until September 15/2011 becuase this is the second rental for us/ THEY HAVE DEDUCTED THE MONEY NOW as of 07/29/2011. 123.25 THEFT the computer that was deolvered has to have a NEW HARD drive aparently it is used and when they wiped the system they removed the Dell emergency backup files NO ofice program and i have to pay for a computer that is useless! they will NOT give any discount i am livid if i cnnot get ahold of the tomorrow im filing theft charges disputing the charge and anything else i can think of!i have to pay thousands for a mputer that is useles!

Upvote (1)

I tried through DELL to get credit for a new computer on credit. Dell said they ran a credit check and said I had no credit. Not true I have had a unsucured loan for 8 years with a loan co, I just got a home loan approvel and I am in my new home for 3 months. I have nothing on my credit other than these two loans and a credit score of 640. Dell says I have no credit, they better take a look at how they decide who has bad credit and good.Ill not buy a computer from dell if this is how they treat people. I called Dell and I could not get one real reasion why I was turned down. At least on the phone talking to dell I could hear them breath and thats about it.

Upvote (1)

I have been having issues with a Dell Inspiron duo since receiving it about two months ago. They promote it as a great mini laptop and a great tablet. It is neither. Having previously owned/used a Dell mini netbook, I was completely thrown by how poor a product really is. When contacted by Dell to sell me an extended warranty, the sales rep said I really should contact tech support, that my complaints must be an isolated issue. I did so, any spend several hours with Tech support in India as they walled me through useless checks, then had me completely re-image the system. If anything, I think things actually became worse because all the useless third party apps pre-loaded where now back.

This include apps, that seem more like malware than worthwhile programs, seem to bog down the underperfoming unit. Also, the pre-installed OS, Windows 7 Home Premium has difficulty running, often prompting me with a black and white screen indicating, “Your computer does not have the necessary system requirements or resources available”. Other serious issues include a battery that can’t provide even two hours charge. What use is a tablet that must be tethered to a AC cord? Recurring screen dimming and brightening, whether on battery or AC, and no matter what power settings are selected.

As a tablet, it is completely worthless – the touch screen sensitivity is terrible. No matter what setting are selected, you cannot get accurate touch response, whether using your finger or a stylus. So… in attempting to work with Dell customer support. It appears they don’t have any. My wife and I have called repeatedly, at different days and times and are given a complete runaround. We can only get to first level reps in India, the Phillipines, and El Salvador. No one would provide us with anyone in the US. As a US citizen, making a purchase from what is purportedly a US corporation, I expect satisfaction from a US representative of that corporation.

We have noted we would be willing to return this lemon for a credit on another, functional Dell product, but we are repeatedly told we don’t have any options. We can return this unit for a refurbished unit of the same type or we can get bend. They repeatedly tell us that Dell’s only ‘customer satisfaction’ response is if the product is returned within the first 21 calendar days and a 15% restocking fee is surrendered! Has anyone else who had the misfortune to be a customer of dell encounter this same response from Michael Dell’s once worthy company? It truly appears this multi-national is ‘dumping’ defective product on the US public.

Upvote (1)

I purchased recently an new dell Inspiron Duo. I has previously owned a dell Inspiron laptop and had it for over 5 years. The biggest reason I made a purchase again thru dell is that my company (which is one the largest companies wordwide provides employees a employee purchase program thru dell). Anyway I was sent the wrong type of dvd player and I didn’t realize it until I was trying to get my real player to burn a cd. I could sit hear all day and go thru the details about the terrible dell customer service and how between being hung-up on and bounced around like a hot potato that they didn’t take any responsibility and didn’t even want to make any type of a compromise.

I let them know I will never ever, ever ever purchase another product from them and have already at this point successfully talked 2 colleagues out of purchasing a dell and said dont bother.

Upvote (1)

My dell laptop would not charge from AC adapter. Replaced AC adapter. Battery Failed. Replaced Battery. Laptop would not charge from AC adapter, again. Dell assured me that the problem was still Adapter/Battery. Researched problem was defective motherboard. Fought to send it back, since it was under warranty. Computer returned with new battery and adapter. After a month or two. Laptop would not charge from AC adapter. Replaced AC adapter. Battery Failed. Replaced Battery. Laptop would not charge from AC adapter, again. Out of warranty. My problem. I will never— NEVER —- use Dell again. For home or company.

Upvote (1)

Dell’s service in general is bad. I ‘ll take it a step further and say that I am completely disgusted with Dell’s Software dept. I had to buy a maintenance contract for a year and this is what comes with this paid service-total incompetence and lack of consistency. Every support person I’ve talked to in the software dept, has been rude, not returned follow up calls for the most part or called back on the wrong day. I have been talked to in the most abusive tone with an equally shitty attitude, very condescending and argumentative. I have spent thousands of dollars at Dell…had I only known that it would all prove to be one of my worst investments in a company…

Contact the Dell Complaint Department