Dell

Most Popular Complaint about Dell

Posted by Complaints Department on Apr 04, 2014
Customer Rating

I called Dell’s Support twice requesting an Owner’s Manual for my newly purchased Inspiron 15 laptop. The person I spoke to asked me

why I wanted one. I am 69 years old. This new laptop is my second computer in 13 years. I was very satisfied with my old Dell. But

Microsoft discontinued XP. I need something I can refer to. Your support agents just keep telling me to go on line. That is all right if I

knew how to navigate my computer. I need an owner’s manual for my new computer. I never heard of an appliance not being sold

without an owner’s manual let alone a computer. Please help. I do not feel my request is outrageous.

Martha V, Pabon
3418 Rue De Corsica
Rincon, Puerto Rico 00677

Tel.: 787-823-2026

Did Dell provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Dell?

1.73 out of 5

Website

www.dell.com

More Dell Complaints

Customer Rating

I have place this order (582282873) for two Dell 23 Touch Monitor – P2314T Delivers by Wednesday, April 23, 2014 $854.98 they are $427.49 each.

These same monitors are on sale for this price $319.99 with order of the XPS 8700. This is the order number for the XPS 8700 (582282824). I order it at the same time.

This the price from the Dell website: (Dell 23 Touch Monitor – offer: Save $130 $319.99 P2314T Limited time)

All I wanted to do was offset the $215.00 price with the cost of more memory or whatever else that could be ordered. to make my purchase.

I have called you customer service line and have asked for a supervisor to help with this problem.

I have sent emils to the person that made the order: Your Sales Professional: Gerrit Clemence / Gerrit_Clemence@DellTeam.com (800) 456-3355x 4167854. And I have sent an email to a supervisor in Round Rock TX: his email is: Matt_Campbell@dell.com

I can be reached at 303-378-4659 please leave a call back number if I don’t answer.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Dolly M Walls on 03/18/2014 at IP address 75.71.90.218 using our Dell complaint form. This opinions contained in this Dell customer review titled, “I have a price problem” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I have had to apply for a credit card twice from Dell. Each time I use the card and stop using it for a period of time, the account is closed. This causes a hardship on the consumer. When I need to purchase items, my account is closed. I started a business and need items for it. Just last night I called to replace the mouse that came with my laptop you built for me.

I could not even do that. I think its unfair to close people account just because they don’t use the account for a period of time. It does not mean that they don’t want to use it at a later time. Is there some way you can correct that from happening? Or am I the only one that has a problem with this?

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by sherry clemons on 03/10/2014 at IP address 70.242.131.34 using our The closing of the credit card account complaint form. This opinions contained in this The closing of the credit card account customer review titled, “Credit card account” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I ordered a Dell laptop around Thanksgiving on line, they emailed a quote for the laptop I wanted, seemed they had missed a few items and I answered on the quote form as to wat was missing. Ordered was entered and I was told the computer would be shipped in about a week and I would get a prepaid debit card for $100.00. I checked my email daily and checked Dell on line about my order but it stated that order was in processing. I called salesperson after another week and inquired about my order. It seemed order was “stuck” in system and was not yet processed, said I would have to reorder, price for system I wanted had changed and card was no longer available either.

I reordered computer and rec’d discounts totalling $100.00 supposedly. I had originally was told I could upgrade to a 24″ monitor for additional $30.00. When I rec’d order, I was invoiced for computer and $239.00 for 24″ monitor. I called support and talked with an East Indian person from India. I couldn’t understand him but at end of call he said there was no problem with order. I called Dell in US and was told there was no problem with order. They said that they could not bill per the quote and had to bill monitor separately to get close to quoted price. I told them I was short a Corel Paintshop I had ordered but they said since I ordered Adobe Photoshop they didn’t think I really needed. Corel.

The price charged did not indicate the Software I ordered but was close to quote issued including software. Again I was told there was no problem with order. No problem for them because they charged me for software I did not receive so they could charge me for quote. $$$$$ Computer was manufactured in China, assembled in Mexico, support was in India and billing was in Round Rock, Texas. I ordered a Dell computer several years ago but this computer was nowhere near the quality of the computer. I guess they are doing what they have to do to profit including shorting me with computer order.

Cheap Product, lousy tech support and incompetent sales and customer service. Leaves just a little to be desired.

Customer Rating

Repeated misrepresentations by Dell concerning delivery date for on-line purchase of XPS 8300. Canceled order on 1/23/12 following 1 hour of “customer support” thru India & El Salvador agents. During on-line checkout, delivery was stated as 1/16/12. Within 7 days, represented delivery date was changed – first to 1/20/12 then to 1/27/12. As of today (1/23/12), on-line order status still shows delivery by 1/27/12. But now told by “customer service” that delivery date is in fact no sooner than early March 2012. Dell also charged AmEx card in full prior to shipment, without authorization.

I would have never ordered the product had Dell given an accurate delivery date. Dell has wasted my time and negatively affected my business/law practice.

Customer Rating

my boyfriend and i ordered a desktop computer for a shceduled delivery of Thursday 07/28/2011n the deilvery was @5:40pm Friday the 29 of july. i can live with that. we were told the debit card would NOT becharged until September 15/2011 becuase this is the second rental for us/ THEY HAVE DEDUCTED THE MONEY NOW as of 07/29/2011. 123.25 THEFT the computer that was deolvered has to have a NEW HARD drive aparently it is used and when they wiped the system they removed the Dell emergency backup files NO ofice program and i have to pay for a computer that is useless! they will NOT give any discount i am livid if i cnnot get ahold of the tomorrow im filing theft charges disputing the charge and anything else i can think of!i have to pay thousands for a mputer that is useles!

Customer Rating

I tried through DELL to get credit for a new computer on credit. Dell said they ran a credit check and said I had no credit. Not true I have had a unsucured loan for 8 years with a loan co, I just got a home loan approvel and I am in my new home for 3 months. I have nothing on my credit other than these two loans and a credit score of 640. Dell says I have no credit, they better take a look at how they decide who has bad credit and good.Ill not buy a computer from dell if this is how they treat people. I called Dell and I could not get one real reasion why I was turned down. At least on the phone talking to dell I could hear them breath and thats about it.

Customer Rating

I have been having issues with a Dell Inspiron duo since receiving it about two months ago. They promote it as a great mini laptop and a great tablet. It is neither. Having previously owned/used a Dell mini netbook, I was completely thrown by how poor a product really is. When contacted by Dell to sell me an extended warranty, the sales rep said I really should contact tech support, that my complaints must be an isolated issue. I did so, any spend several hours with Tech support in India as they walled me through useless checks, then had me completely re-image the system. If anything, I think things actually became worse because all the useless third party apps pre-loaded where now back.

This include apps, that seem more like malware than worthwhile programs, seem to bog down the underperfoming unit. Also, the pre-installed OS, Windows 7 Home Premium has difficulty running, often prompting me with a black and white screen indicating, “Your computer does not have the necessary system requirements or resources available”. Other serious issues include a battery that can’t provide even two hours charge. What use is a tablet that must be tethered to a AC cord? Recurring screen dimming and brightening, whether on battery or AC, and no matter what power settings are selected.

As a tablet, it is completely worthless – the touch screen sensitivity is terrible. No matter what setting are selected, you cannot get accurate touch response, whether using your finger or a stylus. So… in attempting to work with Dell customer support. It appears they don’t have any. My wife and I have called repeatedly, at different days and times and are given a complete runaround. We can only get to first level reps in India, the Phillipines, and El Salvador. No one would provide us with anyone in the US. As a US citizen, making a purchase from what is purportedly a US corporation, I expect satisfaction from a US representative of that corporation.

We have noted we would be willing to return this lemon for a credit on another, functional Dell product, but we are repeatedly told we don’t have any options. We can return this unit for a refurbished unit of the same type or we can get bend. They repeatedly tell us that Dell’s only ‘customer satisfaction’ response is if the product is returned within the first 21 calendar days and a 15% restocking fee is surrendered! Has anyone else who had the misfortune to be a customer of dell encounter this same response from Michael Dell’s once worthy company? It truly appears this multi-national is ‘dumping’ defective product on the US public.

Customer Rating

I purchased recently an new dell Inspiron Duo. I has previously owned a dell Inspiron laptop and had it for over 5 years. The biggest reason I made a purchase again thru dell is that my company (which is one the largest companies wordwide provides employees a employee purchase program thru dell). Anyway I was sent the wrong type of dvd player and I didn’t realize it until I was trying to get my real player to burn a cd. I could sit hear all day and go thru the details about the terrible dell customer service and how between being hung-up on and bounced around like a hot potato that they didn’t take any responsibility and didn’t even want to make any type of a compromise.

I let them know I will never ever, ever ever purchase another product from them and have already at this point successfully talked 2 colleagues out of purchasing a dell and said dont bother.

Customer Rating

My dell laptop would not charge from AC adapter. Replaced AC adapter. Battery Failed. Replaced Battery. Laptop would not charge from AC adapter, again. Dell assured me that the problem was still Adapter/Battery. Researched problem was defective motherboard. Fought to send it back, since it was under warranty. Computer returned with new battery and adapter. After a month or two. Laptop would not charge from AC adapter. Replaced AC adapter. Battery Failed. Replaced Battery. Laptop would not charge from AC adapter, again. Out of warranty. My problem. I will never— NEVER —- use Dell again. For home or company.

Customer Rating

Dell’s service in general is bad. I ‘ll take it a step further and say that I am completely disgusted with Dell’s Software dept. I had to buy a maintenance contract for a year and this is what comes with this paid service-total incompetence and lack of consistency. Every support person I’ve talked to in the software dept, has been rude, not returned follow up calls for the most part or called back on the wrong day. I have been talked to in the most abusive tone with an equally shitty attitude, very condescending and argumentative. I have spent thousands of dollars at Dell…had I only known that it would all prove to be one of my worst investments in a company…

Companies Like Dell

Thanks for your feedback..!

Sorry. Please try again later..!