Customer Satisfaction Results

CVS

Complaint Department

Filed by Complaints Department on Mar 26, 2014
Consumer Rating

My husband has pancreatic cancer and has been prescribed narcotic medications to manage his pain. On March 17, 2014, as his primary caretaker , I went into store #5081 to request the prescriptions be filled as directed by his doctors at Lankaneau Hospital. I was told that they didn’t have the drugs in stock and they would have to be ordered. I asked if I could leave the prescriptions so the drugs could be ordered and was told by the pharmacy tech that if I left them they may get lost. I was told to return in a couple of days. I returned on March 24, 2014 to request the prescriptions be filled again and was told to return on Thursday to speak with the supervisor. I was given the scripts back again. On March 27, 2014 I returned to the store, I spoke to the pharmacist on staff was told again that the drugs would have to be ordered and could not be ordered unless I left the prescriptions. I told him that this was my third visit and I knew I was requesting narcotics for my husband and that I could not have them filled until I left the prescriptions but when I attempted to do so on the previous two visits I was told the same thing. He then stated he would order the needed drugs and they would not be in until Tuesday April 1, 2014. The pharmacy tech told me I could go to another store. How your staff handled this situation is problematic on many levels. My husband will run out of medication on Monday and the refill will not be ready until Tuesday. Instead of ordering the medications as they stated, they finally suggested that I go to another store to get them. This is the closest store to our home and we are new to the area, therefore I would need to run around looking for a store to fill this order even though our records have been access at their location. My husband had a bad night on Wednesday and neither of us slept very well. Your staff demonstrated an extreme disregard for my husband’s condition and insensitivity for his caregivers time, energy and effort. We are under enough stress without having to be subjected to this level of disregard by staff who is supposed to be helping. I wonder if I was one of their European customers if this callous disregard would have been displayed. I expect a personal apology and I expect that your staff be informed of the error of their ways. They need to be trained to provide a higher level of customer service and no one should be subject to this behavior in the future.

25 customers agree with this feedback

Do you agree? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about CVS?

Compare CVS to Similar Pharmacies more...

CVS Customer Feedback Trending Now

311 CVS consumers have created complaints against CVS to date. Need to report poor customer service? Use our free CVS complaint form to share your review. Need to contact CVS corporate headquarters? Find office address, phone number, and email information here.

Consumer Rating

in march I purchased 5 ml of tobtamycin-dexameth ophth susp for $196.00. (At the time I did not realize that the prescription was for 10 ml). I saw my doc again on Wednesnday 4/22/2015 and he prescribed it again same as before.He was surprised to see the 5 ml bottle that i showed him on Wednesday and said i should have received 10ml. I went to pick up the new script on Thursday 4/23 and saw the same price but this time I received 2 5ml bottles. I asked the cashier lori about the same price but twice the amount and her reply was insurance charges what ever! I called Aetna to get an explanation and their records showed that i had received 10 ml both times rather than actual 5ml the first time and 10ml the second time (today).

I talked to the pharmacist at 4:30 pm 4/23/2015 to explain what happened and returned to the store within minutes. when i told her i wanted my money back for the purchase today because i now didn't need it because they should give me the 5ml bottle they never gave me the first time she said i was rude. she told me she had to believe me. i explained that cvs made the error and that i have been inconvenienced. she never said she was sorry and that she didn't know who made an error but she would be happy to help. obviously your pharmacists don't care about customer service. there is a walgreens across the street from cvs paradise plaza, Sarasota florida that would love mine and my families business.

Consumer Rating

CVS store #4199 on April 3rd, we submitted 3 prescriptions: 2 for my wife and 1 for me. My wife went to pick them up and came back home saying they didn't have mine. Between the 2 of us, we get quite a few prescriptions filled there. We didn't find the error until my wife went to a doctor's appointment, and they asked her why she had that antibiotic she thought her other doctor called it in. Well that was my antibiotic after that I had to take the bottle with me to my doctors. I had a lung absess and was in isolation for 3 days in the hospital because they thought it could be tb. It wasn't. When I called CVS, they just told me to bring in that bottle, and they would put a new label on it! She could have had a reaction fortunately, she didn't. CVS's lack of compassion was nil. We are definitely going to change pharmacies, as soon as we can find one that carries all are prescriptions.

Consumer Rating

This isn't the first time that I have had issues with CVS. Just this morning, Apr 20, 2015, before going to work - I decided to purchase shoe polish and a breakfast smoothie. This is the problem the smoothies "Strawberry" had all expired May 25, 2015. I told the employee on the floor an older gentleman (Persian decent). I explain to him that the smoothies had expired and should be removed from the floor. He acted as if the he didn't know what to do with the product. Another time I want to purchase "string cheese," and it was not only past the expiration date...it has molded. I'm sure there is other products in the cool box that has expired. No, one has taken the time to check products that have expired. It isn't that busy in the mornings...there are shelves that are bare with no products. One store can mess up a whole chain.

Consumer Rating

I requested a prescription refill from my doctor that was called in to CVS Pharmacy #6355 on Friday April 10th per my doctor's nurse who said the prescription should be ready for pickup by Tuesday April 14th. After Tuesday the CVS recording repeatedly said the prescription needed to be authorized by my doctor and was not available. My doctor's nurse once again confirmed the prescription was called in on April 10th. On Thursday April 16th the CVS recording finally said the refill was authorized but was not ready for pickup. On Friday April 17th the CVS recording said the prescription was once again not available for refill and need to be authorized by my doctor. The IDENTICAL situation occurred on February 19th and when I spoke to the pharmacist back then I was told that the CVS recording system was in another state totally out of store control, does not work properly and should be ignored. So therefore this is not a complaint against CVS Pharmacy #6355. This is a complaint against a pathetic system at the highest level. You're wasting the customer's time, the nurse's time, the doctor's time and the pharmacist's time. You also affect peoples' physical health and this is utterly ridiculous, especially since Walgreen's is literally one block away. Fortunately my prescription is not life threatening but if it were, I would consider legal action.

Consumer Rating

After years of using the Pharmacy on South Lumpkin Rd. in Columbus , Ga. , I found the Winn Dixie Pharmacy across the street was %100 more efficient . The Winn Dixie closed last year and I started back using CVS. They have lost my prescriptions , late filling them , they`re not ready when they say they are , and the counter service is awful . Everyone in the lines are complaining about the service they receive there .

Consumer Rating

I went in the store to purchase reading glasses. When I got to the counter no one was at the cash register as usual. I kept saying hello, hello, no one came so I walked over to the candy and grabbed two bags, walked back to the register still saying hello, hello. Finally here she comes.. after ringing me up I gave her my money. She got my change and slapped it down on the counter. I said excuse me but you could've put my money in my hand instead of slapping it down on the counter. She said that's what you did to me, which is a lie. I said you did that the other day when I was in here. I said that's whats wrong with this place why I don't shop here often and that I was going to contact her boss. Which if I said something to the manager here it would probably not get taken care of.

She told me to call him she didn't care. If she talks to and treats one customer like she did me, just think of the other customers that she does the same way. She is a racist, and undoubtedly does not appreciate her job. It is too many people in this town that needs work and would probably do a better job than her so I'd appreciate you checking into this matter for me, and in the meantime I will tell everyone iIsee how nasty she was to me and try to get them to stop shopping at CVS as I am going to do myself. I was in CVS-- 505 highway 61 north, i was at register #2, my trans #1221,, cahier #1136772, and store # 5870.. I would appreciate it if you would check your cameras in the store and listen to them so you will know how i was talked to, thank you, Rebecca Freeman

Consumer Rating

I had a script (which have been on for about 6 years now and have filled at the CVS in Merrimack almost the entire time) that had been filled in Merrimack (my previous address) and I had no way of getting there between work and school before they closed and needed my meds (Zoloft) that day. I had asked them if I could transfer the script to my CVS in Hudson, which I have had to do before and had no issues, and the woman at the Merrimack CVS said "yep let me just cancel this one and your good." Well she just so happened to "forget" to tell me that there was a new law put into place stating that these transfers can no longer be done. This would have been fine if she had given me ANY sort of notice about it because I wouldn't have canceled it, but she said nothing.

So I went to my CVS in Hudson asking if they had received the fax from Merrimack yet, and she then told me about the new law (was MUCH more helpful than Merrimack). So now at that point, my script in Merrimack had already been canceled and they claimed they were unable to refill it, and I was left waiting to get ahold of my doctor to have a brand new preauthorization sent over. The doctor proceeded to tell me that this could take up to 72 hours... If I had been told all of this when I first called Merrimack, I would have never canceled that one and would have found a way to get there!! But now I'm stuck day 3* with NO MEDICATION. And when I miss this medication I get EXTREME dizzy spells to the point I've fallen down/passed out because of it. I don't even feel I can drive when I'm like this.

I understand that cvs has no control over laws or doctors timeliness, but I truly feel that that pharmacist in Merrimack should have been obligated to explain what would happen if I did cancel it to transfer. Now I'm stuck in limbo. Thankfully I was able to get a single one to "hold me over" but after 3 days of none that isn't going to do too much about the dizziness in my head. I'm EXTREMELY upset that she didn't even say a single thing about this new procedure or that I would be without meds for a few days. (I was out which is why they had refilled it... hellooo! obviously I cannot afford to be without for a day, let alone 3. I am to the point where I feel I may have to go to the hospital if I do not get my medication within the next day. If that ends up happening I will have to take this to a higher power in the industry.

Overall I'm disappointed in the pharmacy's ability to give you the correct IMPORTANT information regarding medications BEFORE allowing you to cancel it. Especially when you have been a loyal customer with them for well over 5 years (not just myself, but my family as well.) We are now considering switching to a different pharmacy/company because this isn't the first time I have been either given the wrong information, or not been given any information regarding important matters that they should be obliged to discuss. I hate having to file a complaint, as I have always thought highly of CVS but the past year or two they have made life more difficult in terms of medication refills and what not. I would like to add that CVS in HUDSON has been much more helpful and did manage to get me a single one of my meds to hold me over, but at this point I'm behind three days, so one day isn't going to help much, but I do greatly appreciate they're concern in trying to help me out. This complaint is about the MERRIMACK CVS on DW Highway.

Consumer Rating

I was given a prescription by a medical doctor MD but the CVS pharmacy gave me something that was entirely different. Now you can't be reached i am going to call my relatives who are attorneys at law and see if you are allowed to practice medicine on a pharmacist's degree. I am also going to the LA area news and give it to them so all the world could see.

Consumer Rating

I have read of the above complaints. I would just be redundant ... Repeating the same thing over again it is going to be a waste of time....useless! CVS has the worst customer service! In my opinion they should close this all of the CVS stores. Period!

Consumer Rating

I've been a customer at the CVS in Villas, NJ 08251 & did not have any major issues getting my monthly prescriptions filled until the pharmacist changed 6 months ago. The pharmacist now is extremely rude & ignorant & there's an issue now EVERY MONTH getting medicine I've been prescribed for years. It feels like there's a different person working every time I go in- the same horrible ignorant pharmacist- but always a new staff member I've never seen before with no clue how to do their job. Not that she sets a good example. My doctors office recently begged me to change pharmacies because they cannot stand dealing with them either. They are going to lose a lot of loyal customers due to their incompetence

Consumer Rating

Real simple. It appears the pharmacist at CVS Store # 7513 has misstated the truth to me and when confronted by store management he become defensive of this actions. This causes me to lose trust and confidence in him and CVS Pharmacy. Another pharmacist was able to process the requested KREMERS URBAN MFR and NDR # of Omeprazole on April 6, after I complained to CVS management.
My wife takes a med (Omeprazole) that has been filled for years with no problems. I have 2 insurances (UHC and TRICARE) and they pay 100% of the cost. On April 1 it was not filled and I was told the insurance companies (both) refused to pay for this med and it was rejected because of the manufacturer (KREMERS URBAN) and NDR # for this medication. My wife has taken this manufacturer Omeprazole brand for years and tried other brands but only this one works for her.

I inquired of the pharmacist and was told by him that the insurance would not pay and they had processed several times with the same results. He said both insurances declined to pay. I got a copy of his ERROR MESSAGE and it did indicate “CVS-Rejection Message” to fill with this manufacturer & NDR. I called both insurance companies and was told the following: (1). UHC (phone: 888-290-5416): They did not refuse to pay, there was no indication in the computer system that CVS even requested. She checked and said UHC would approve. She processed as a test and said it processed without a problem. They suggested I use another pharmacy. (2). TRICARE (phone: 877-363-1303): They showed in the computer that on April 1 CVS processed and TRICARE APPROVED the Omepazole for payment but then CVS later reversed it. TRICARE actually called the CVS Pharmacy (919-231-2858) and stated the above. They only told TRICARE that their computer rejected payment. TRICARE also suggested I use another pharmacy.
Both insurance companies say it appeared to be a CVS initiative not UHC or TRICARE insurance. Also, there was no reason for CVS to do this since both insurance companies have paid for years and would do so now.

I went with the above information to CVS and spoke with the store manager. The on-duty pharmacist, who was a temporary fill-in, ran it and it processed. She could not answer why it was rejected on April 1 but said they would check into it. I now have the filled Omeprazole that was initially requested on April 1. I would like to know: (1) Why CVS---not the insurance companies—rejected our request for refill of Omeprazole. and (2). Why the pharmacist told us it was an insurance company denial? And insisted other pharmacist's tried also to process and they too got the rejection. NOTE: This is simply not true.
MY CONCLUSION: I am an Investigator by profession and the facts tell me that either the pharmacist or two (2) insurance company representatives are being untruthful or the pharmacist lacks knowledge of the CVS/Insurance system. Either way retraining appears to be required to prevent future incidents of this nature. CVS Store # 7513, 4309 New Bern Ave, Raleigh, NC 27610.

Consumer Rating

RE: Mendocino Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA Pharmacy I have always like everyone who works at your pharmacy but, the pharmacist Rachel is quite bossy and not very nice to customers or employees. I am not the only customer or employee who has commented on this and just felt the need to let you know that I feel that she could use some help with her inter-personal skills. She is driving away your customers as opposed to keeping them. I am close to switching pharmacies and it is because of Rachel.

Consumer Rating

I have been a customer at CVS for 10 years. When I was checking out of a CVS located on Dairy Ashford and Briar Forest in Houston, Texas, I was appalled. The cashier, Christina, treated me with the upmost disrespect and a sense of authority that was inappropriate. I had to use two credit cards for my transaction today, one for my personal purchases and another company card to buy items for the work place. Christina then began questioning me about my method and sarcastically commenting on my purchases. For example, one of the items I purchased with my company credit card was toilet paper, Christina commented about how strange it was that I was paying for toilet paper with a different card as if it's any of her concern. I felt interrogated and criticized. To make matters worse, Christina then refused to complete my transaction. Luckily, the other lady at the register, Khloe, was kind and apologetic. Aside from her atrocious behavior, her appearance was not fit for the work place, much less a PHARMACY.

Consumer Rating

I have been using CVS for years in fact thanks to the recent changes in Health care I am limited to CVS. Drug Insurance will not pay for any scripts to Walgreens or rite Aid. On monthly basis I have to run around from pharmacy to pharmacy in serious pain stemming from multiple injuries. I have been in chronic pain for several years. I have been told on one occasion it is up to the pharmacist who they give the meds to. ARE YOU KIDDING! sounds like stock pilling and drug dealing. This war on pain patients has gone to far. I suffer everyday. I would like to be productive and be able to do at least a part time job but due to not knowing if my pharmacy is going to fill my scripts I can not commit to any thing in my life. That includes cleaning shopping self care. taking away these medications only brings down productivity If a person is in pain they will not work. Watch the SSD skyrocket. The people that have been scared into thinking pain medication is a bad thing has been sold a bill of goods. what is bad is the criminals who get theses scripts and use them for the wrong reason don't punish the person who is ill. When your taxes go up to subsidize SSD and the many other resources that pain patients need you will be screaming a different tune. I want my doctors and pharmacist Drug companies to stick up and rally for the chronically ill and pain patient.

Consumer Rating

In your cvs flyers each time you have Pantene 120z 3/10 truly natural is nowhere to be found.. I have coupons for $5 off an can never use them it's be coming very frustrating. I love the product an I just can't find the shampoos or conditions. I spoke to a few of my friends and they all say the some thing, wish cvs would have carry more in their stores!

Consumer Rating

Oh my the first time I wanted to complain about CVS and I just read a story exactly what I want to complain about! It's the same. Yes the RX was a narcotic. Mind u I get my other rxs there too. Cvs said they would order the narco be in by two days. I go there and nope probably another week. They should not look down on people who need these. I suffer with something I can't reverse that us painful. We aren't stupid we know these pharmacists look down on people with pain. Shame on cvs pharmacies for this. I took my RX for norco to a pharmacy out of my way who knows me for a while and he filled it. He told me cvs does this a lot and u guys lie and that norco is not a backorder drug. If a doctor hands me the prescription I expect it filled. Oh I work for a doctor 32 years now. And I spend a lot at cvs records will show this. Very sad and disappointed customer :(.

Consumer Rating

Since our insurance switched to CVS, there have been three times when they did NOT have my insulin. Fortunately, I order a refill while I still have some left. They have referred my to other pharmacies, explaining that they have not gotten it from their supplier yet.
They "break the box" on my insulin syringes, which my previous pharmacy did not. However, this time I went to a pharmacy and they did not "break the box". What is going on here? Do the pharmacies make their own rules?

Consumer Rating

I was in there to pick up a prescription for my daughter on march 31, 2015. They said it would take 20 minutes, so I walked around. I had an employee. ask if I needed help, I said I was waiting on a prescription. This worker followed me around the store like I was going to steal something. I'm not a thief. I decided to check on my daughter's prescription after being there from 10:30 am it was now 12:00. The women in the pharmacy said you haven't waited that long then looked at me like I just said that out loud. Said she would check on it. She then said it has been ready they must of forgot to call your name. No, your back there talking about each other's nails looking like Easter.

Consumer Rating

I spoke with 3 different people in the pharmacy (all very rude!!) Was left on hold for 5 minutes each time left on hold...total 15 minutes. Then when I asked to pick up my prescription to take to another pharmacy I was talked "down" to and treated with even less respect, by I think the pharmacist. You wont have to worry about me as I will NEVER shop here again. You should do an under cover shopper and see for yourself. Pittiful. The only reason I give one star is because I can not give a "0" stars.

Consumer Rating

I had a prescription that was to be refilled on 3/11/15, one of the staff informed me to call when I only had a couple, so I called on 3/13/15 and was informed that I had to wait till the 17th because it was too soon (which it was not) so I ran out as scheduled on the 13th, I called them this evening 3/16/15 to make sure it would be ready in the morning and was told I would have to wait because the other peoples prescriptions would come before mine. the pharmacy tech (MATT) was rude condescending and made me feel so unimportant. They lied to me and made me suffer for 4 days. I finally got angry, went and got the paper prescription and funny thing the other pharmacy filled it with NO problem just this evening. I explained to the new pharmacy what happened also.

I moved close to this CVS so that's where I went, I will never go there again, and will inform others to do the same. I wanted to let someone know who might be able to do something so no one else should have to go through this, all because it was for Percocet, I have been on this medication since 2009 and never had a problem, I also need major surgery so it is necessary at this time. these are pharmacy techs, not Drs, they have no idea what's wrong with me and should NOT be permitted to act as if they are. I realize it was only 4 days and dose not seem like much to anybody who is not in so much pain, but it seems like a month when your in agonizing pain for that long, I hate to think of anybody suffering and don't want this to happen to anyone else. I realize people do abuse this drug, but I am not one of them, I don't want to have to take anything but at this point I have no choice.

Thank you for your time. ( At this time I give them 0 stars)

Contact the CVS Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to CVS. What is their corporate mailing address?

• 1 Cvs Drive
    • Woonsocket
    • RI 02895
  • I want to call the CVS customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

401-765-1500
  • I need to visit the CVS company website. What is their website address?