Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by Christine James
Mar 26, 2014
Poor

My husband has pancreatic cancer and has been prescribed narcotic medications to manage his pain. On March 17, 2014, as his primary caretaker , I went into store #5081 to request the prescriptions be filled as directed by his doctors at Lankaneau Hospital. I was told that they didn’t have the drugs in stock and they would have to be ordered. I asked if I could leave the prescriptions so the drugs could be ordered and was told by the pharmacy tech that if I left them they may get lost. I was told to return in a couple of days. I returned on March 24, 2014 to request the prescriptions be filled again and was told to return on Thursday to speak with the supervisor. I was given the scripts back again. On March 27, 2014 I returned to the store, I spoke to the pharmacist on staff was told again that the drugs would have to be ordered and could not be ordered unless I left the prescriptions. I told him that this was my third visit and I knew I was requesting narcotics for my husband and that I could not have them filled until I left the prescriptions but when I attempted to do so on the previous two visits I was told the same thing. He then stated he would order the needed drugs and they would not be in until Tuesday April 1, 2014. The pharmacy tech told me I could go to another store. How your staff handled this situation is problematic on many levels. My husband will run out of medication on Monday and the refill will not be ready until Tuesday. Instead of ordering the medications as they stated, they finally suggested that I go to another store to get them. This is the closest store to our home and we are new to the area, therefore I would need to run around looking for a store to fill this order even though our records have been access at their location. My husband had a bad night on Wednesday and neither of us slept very well. Your staff demonstrated an extreme disregard for my husband’s condition and insensitivity for his caregivers time, energy and effort. We are under enough stress without having to be subjected to this level of disregard by staff who is supposed to be helping. I wonder if I was one of their European customers if this callous disregard would have been displayed. I expect a personal apology and I expect that your staff be informed of the error of their ways. They need to be trained to provide a higher level of customer service and no one should be subject to this behavior in the future.

Have you had problems with CVS?

Compare CVS to Similar Pharmacies more...

Top 324 Reviews about CVS

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a CVS customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Good

I usually get extremely good service at my local CVS. Today, after standing at the counter for nearly 10 minutes, I left and went thru the drive thru. Quick service...The cashier that saw me at the counter kept waiting on drive thru customers. A girl looked up a couple of times and just continued filling prescriptions...apparently for call-in orders. The cashier at the drive thru said that they had been tolld to fgive the drive thru customers priority. Both of the girls working there were extremely busy.....one waiting on drive thru ...the other filling prescriptions.

Either you need to hire more people...or teach your people to treat everyone equally!!

Horrible

I dropped off my son's prescription on Thursday 5/21/15 at about 7:30am, went to pick it up Friday 5/22/15 about 6:15pm. There was no record of me ever dropping it off! They lost it! We were going away for the holiday weekend & got stuck in CVS for over an hour while they took their time & treated me like a liar. The comments were unexcusable!!!

This is not the first time we've had problems with this CVS. A couple months ago, I dropped off the same prescription, it's a narcotic, so they need a prescription. Went to pick it up & there was a problem with the way the Dr wrote it, it was written the same as every other time, but no one thought the need to let me know that they were not going to fill it! When I went to pick it up, first they couldn't find it! After a while they found it & gave it back to me. Which I took to another CVS & they filled it with no questions. So what could the problem be that one CVS can't fill it but the next closest DVD had no problem filling it????

I already changed pharmacies for my 10 prescriptions, & my husband's, it was just convenient for my son's because it's a narcotic & I have to drop off a prescription every time but guess it time to move on with my son's also!

Horrible

Today, May 6th, I had some extensive dental work. I had a prescription for pain medication. When I arrived at CVS pharmacy at 14375 Ventura Blvd, Sherman Oaks, Ca, to fill the prescription, I was informed that the prescribed medication is in stock but it would be a two hour wait because they were very busy.

Despite the fact that I informed the clerk I was in a great deal of pain, after checking with the supervisor, I was told I would just have to wait. Regrettably, I left the prescription to be filled rather than taking the script elsewhere. Two and half hours later, I received a text message that the prescription was ready for pick-up.

I very much doubt that all the prescriptions ahead of mine were for pain or another urgent need. CVS should adjust their policy to take into account the urgency of need in determining the order in which prescriptions should be filled. I have been a very long-term, loyal customer at CVS. With this type of treatment, I feel anything but VALUED by CVS.

Horrible

Last weekend I had to pick up a few things but winded picking up more than I came in for because your store had a lot of great deals. I come here a lot because you are really close to my home and usually convenient. I have been coming here for quite a while and your customer service has really changed for the bad, in regards to some of your newer cashiers.

One in particular seems to pretty good at passing the buck onto other already customer assisting cashiers, and go do something else less important. Like talk on his phone, while I am standing in a long line. Last weekend I had to come in and get some cold medicine and a few other items to help me and my family feel better, and before I knew it, I had a cart’s worth full of stuff I didn’t intend to buy that day, but like I said you had some really great deals.

I was standing in line behind 6 other people, patiently waiting my turn. There was only one cashier; whom he was very nice and greeted everyone that walked in while he was ringing up customers, his name was Brian or Brandon, really nice kid and very helpful. The whole time I stood in the line, there actually was another cashier standing right next to the young man already ringing up customers, but he didn’t seem to care about the long line forming including me being in it.

The lady that was already being rung up by the first cashier had a lot of stuff in her cart and a bunch of coupons, so therefore I could tell it was going to take her a while. The clueless cashier that kept standing there doing paperwork or whatever, doesn’t seem to realize that if it weren’t for these longs lines, he wouldn’t have a job and the way he ignored all the customers, he shouldn’t have one anyway.

Finally after the 4th person was being helped, there was one more and then me. I finally got to see the name tag of this lazy and careless individual, and his name is Kevin. I was disgusted and wasn’t feeling well and I just wanted to go home and feel better. Had I not felt the way that I did that day, I would have stayed and asked to speak to the manager about Kevin, and his very poor attitude and performance.

Kevin finally helped the person in front of me and the other young man went to do something that Kevin asked him to do. Then came my turn “FINALLY” and instead of helping me, Kevin says to me “Someone will be right with me” and then he called the other cashier back to come help me, and then Kevin left. There was no one else behind me and I had been waiting for quite a while! Why couldn’t he help me too? What a jerk! Was it something I said? Did I smell or something?

So the other cashier came back to help me and began to ring up all my stuff pretty quickly. While he was ringing up my groceries, the young man cashier told me that one of my items was a buy 1 get one 50% off item. He asked me if I wanted him to run and go get me another one, since it was half off. I told him no it’s ok and that I would go get it, real fast.

So I ran to quickly go pick another item, and guess who I saw talking on his cell phone whining loudly how tired he was, to someone on the other end of his phone? Yep, it was Kevin!! What a jerk. I am sorry I am not as exciting as his phone call, but the fact that he chose not to help me and call the other cashier back just so he can go talk on his cell phone, is really disrespectful to me and probably to other young man too.

I come in here a lot, and this is not the first time I have felt so unimportant at this store in the past few months. I never knew his name before this, but I remember several times seeing him and his other guy friends help him move and put stuff away. If he is going to bring his friends to help him do his job, do you think maybe he/CVS could ask one of them to help ring up customers too???

Now that I know who he is, I hope he begins to treat me better; or any other customer for that matter. If not, I will be doing my shopping elsewhere, and I will tell my friends and family not to shop here anymore either! Kevin could learn a thing or two about customer service from the other young man!!

Horrible

I tried to drop off a RX at the CVS on Rues Lane in East Brunswick, NJ and was told that the medication was not in stock so they wouldn't take my prescription. They told me to come back next week. Since that time, I have returned to the store 6 times trying to get my prescription filled.

Last week, I was told to bring in the prescription for the person who does the ordering to see, and she would order the medication on Monday and it would be in on Wed. I went back today and they said that they only ordered 60 pills and since the prescription was written for 120 pills they couldn't fill it.

It's been over three weeks, my prescription is almost expired and no one cares. They tell me to take my prescription to another drugstore. I would have taken my RX to Walgreens 2 weeks ago, but my insurance chooses a pharmacy and insists that I get all of my prescriptions filled at the same pharmacy. I am disgusted.

Horrible

I had two RX's for the same drug but different amounts and directions. The pharmacy at 517 State Road in Plymouth Ma
Chose to fill the one from last night instead of the one I brought in today. The RX from last night was for 1 tab 3's a day
21 pills.

Today after going to the emergency room the doctor changed the amount taken each day. It was for 1 pill 4 times a day for 12 days. 48 pills. I called the pharmacist on duty and asked why she didn't fill the current RX. She said it is the same pill as called in last night, however, as stated the directions are different. I wanted the current RX. There are no refills on either one. That is the reason the doctor ordered 48.

To make matters worse, the pharmacist was very rude. In fact hung up before I finished asking a question. (Slammed the phone down) I am transferring all business to Walgreens..never any more at CVS anywhere.

Bad

I ordered a refill for a prescription at the CVS at 280 S Main St, New City, NY 10956, 845-639-8150. This pharmacy has become a disaster and has gone progressively downhill over the last 6 months. Most meds need have to be ordered, adding at times almost a week to the pickup. And the wait times have gotten ridiculously long. I have been there when a nurse lost it after ordering a prescription 14 hours earlier and was not ready after her 12 hour shift. Today, I ordered a refill at 7 am, and it was not ready at 5:00 pm. I had to wait while it was "expedited." What a poor choice of wording they used. The pharmacist said he was "swamped." What a horrible experience. We are taking our business elsewhere.

Horrible

My mother is Diabetic and Elderly. She lives in Tennessee and visits me here in AZ at least 3x a year. Late September of last year, she was visiting and during this time, ran out of Insulin Syringes. Her Sugar was low, and she asked me to run to the pharmacy and get her a bag of BD UltraFine 31G 8mm Short Tip Insulin Syringes (10count). It is Legal to purchase this Medical Product in TN as well as here in AZ. I went to CVS, had no problems. Walked out with what was needed, good price, no hassle.

Today However, was Terrible. It has been a good 8 months since my last attempt of purchase. Similar situation as before, only I was told by the lady behind the counter "Brooke", that it was against CVS Policy to sell Syringes without a RX. I told her about my Mother. I was asked if my mother has a RX for Insulin here(CVS) I said of course not, she lives almost 3,000 miles away! I was given dirty looks, made to feel like a 'criminal' or drug addict, and was refused service.

I have no understanding of how it can be against policy to sell something that is OTC, Legal in ARIZONA. It's a sad sad day when either a Diabetic Elderly woman has to sit in Walgreen's for almost 2 & 1/2 hours while proof of a RX was faxed, all because CVS's inability to provide Indiscriminate Service..... Or sadly enough, (the whole reason for this I'm sure:addicts) the addict on the street who would choose to USE a Sanitary Implement for Administration, is denied and sent back out to the street with a DIRTY needle!

What kind of world is this?

Horrible

This is a on going problem with most of the CVS stores considering the reviews that I read from last year to the present, nothing has been done to change it. The female person you have over the pharmacy lacks customer service skills. I take a control pain medication, and they are always out. She refuses to hold my prescription so I have to drive over there everyday. I would call but tried that and as soon as they pick up they place you on hold for days.

20 years, I have been going to the same CVS maybe its time to be an ex customer. Here is the rest of my story: when the young man not sure of his name, but he holds my script so don't say it can't be done because it has been. She is rude and uncaring of the fact I have a disabling illness and need my pain medicine. Most of the time I am out of meds for weeks at a time. I will be going again today and will get the name of the female with a problem. Oh yeah she even sent me to another CVS. They filled it once but sent me back to her the next month and told me its her JOB to fill it ....HELP

Horrible

I took a person I work for with a disability and was inquiring as to why all of her medications and diabetes equipment had not been transferred over when the request was made three ago. Now, we were speaking to a clerk. A pharmacist by the name of ANN at store # 6040 and very rudely stated we don't transfer meds from another pharmacy (UNTRUE) very unprofessional. We went to complain to store manager, doing an interview. We heard there have been many complaints about this pharmacist. Why does she still have a job

Bad

I'm a former employee for CVS store 2041. I am filing this complaint because the management there never paid me for 5hrs I worked and the vacation time I had left when I resigned because hours were being cut and wasn't getting full hours for a full time employee. I had to go store to stores to make 30 hours a week. I have spoken to the store and HR about the situation and they keep telling me call the store and the store would say call HR. The store manger said it was logged in the system. It's been a month and still didn't received any check when they said that I would get in the mailed of what they owned me.

Bad

I am sick of your automated calls regarding allergy season. I get calls sometimes twice a day and everyday. This has gone on for over a year. I am sick if it. Please stop!

Bad

in march I purchased 5 ml of tobtamycin-dexameth ophth susp for $196.00. (At the time I did not realize that the prescription was for 10 ml). I saw my doc again on Wednesnday 4/22/2015 and he prescribed it again same as before.He was surprised to see the 5 ml bottle that i showed him on Wednesday and said i should have received 10ml. I went to pick up the new script on Thursday 4/23 and saw the same price but this time I received 2 5ml bottles. I asked the cashier lori about the same price but twice the amount and her reply was insurance charges what ever! I called Aetna to get an explanation and their records showed that i had received 10 ml both times rather than actual 5ml the first time and 10ml the second time (today).

I talked to the pharmacist at 4:30 pm 4/23/2015 to explain what happened and returned to the store within minutes. when i told her i wanted my money back for the purchase today because i now didn't need it because they should give me the 5ml bottle they never gave me the first time she said i was rude. she told me she had to believe me. i explained that cvs made the error and that i have been inconvenienced. she never said she was sorry and that she didn't know who made an error but she would be happy to help. obviously your pharmacists don't care about customer service. there is a walgreens across the street from cvs paradise plaza, Sarasota florida that would love mine and my families business.

Horrible

CVS store #4199 on April 3rd, we submitted 3 prescriptions: 2 for my wife and 1 for me. My wife went to pick them up and came back home saying they didn't have mine. Between the 2 of us, we get quite a few prescriptions filled there. We didn't find the error until my wife went to a doctor's appointment, and they asked her why she had that antibiotic she thought her other doctor called it in. Well that was my antibiotic after that I had to take the bottle with me to my doctors. I had a lung absess and was in isolation for 3 days in the hospital because they thought it could be tb. It wasn't. When I called CVS, they just told me to bring in that bottle, and they would put a new label on it! She could have had a reaction fortunately, she didn't. CVS's lack of compassion was nil. We are definitely going to change pharmacies, as soon as we can find one that carries all are prescriptions.

Bad

This isn't the first time that I have had issues with CVS. Just this morning, Apr 20, 2015, before going to work - I decided to purchase shoe polish and a breakfast smoothie. This is the problem the smoothies "Strawberry" had all expired May 25, 2015. I told the employee on the floor an older gentleman (Persian decent). I explain to him that the smoothies had expired and should be removed from the floor. He acted as if the he didn't know what to do with the product. Another time I want to purchase "string cheese," and it was not only past the expiration date...it has molded. I'm sure there is other products in the cool box that has expired. No, one has taken the time to check products that have expired. It isn't that busy in the mornings...there are shelves that are bare with no products. One store can mess up a whole chain.

Bad

I requested a prescription refill from my doctor that was called in to CVS Pharmacy #6355 on Friday April 10th per my doctor's nurse who said the prescription should be ready for pickup by Tuesday April 14th. After Tuesday the CVS recording repeatedly said the prescription needed to be authorized by my doctor and was not available. My doctor's nurse once again confirmed the prescription was called in on April 10th. On Thursday April 16th the CVS recording finally said the refill was authorized but was not ready for pickup. On Friday April 17th the CVS recording said the prescription was once again not available for refill and need to be authorized by my doctor. The IDENTICAL situation occurred on February 19th and when I spoke to the pharmacist back then I was told that the CVS recording system was in another state totally out of store control, does not work properly and should be ignored. So therefore this is not a complaint against CVS Pharmacy #6355. This is a complaint against a pathetic system at the highest level. You're wasting the customer's time, the nurse's time, the doctor's time and the pharmacist's time. You also affect peoples' physical health and this is utterly ridiculous, especially since Walgreen's is literally one block away. Fortunately my prescription is not life threatening but if it were, I would consider legal action.

Horrible

After years of using the Pharmacy on South Lumpkin Rd. in Columbus , Ga. , I found the Winn Dixie Pharmacy across the street was %100 more efficient . The Winn Dixie closed last year and I started back using CVS. They have lost my prescriptions , late filling them , they`re not ready when they say they are , and the counter service is awful . Everyone in the lines are complaining about the service they receive there .

Horrible

I went in the store to purchase reading glasses. When I got to the counter no one was at the cash register as usual. I kept saying hello, hello, no one came so I walked over to the candy and grabbed two bags, walked back to the register still saying hello, hello. Finally here she comes.. after ringing me up I gave her my money. She got my change and slapped it down on the counter. I said excuse me but you could've put my money in my hand instead of slapping it down on the counter. She said that's what you did to me, which is a lie. I said you did that the other day when I was in here. I said that's whats wrong with this place why I don't shop here often and that I was going to contact her boss. Which if I said something to the manager here it would probably not get taken care of.

She told me to call him she didn't care. If she talks to and treats one customer like she did me, just think of the other customers that she does the same way. She is a racist, and undoubtedly does not appreciate her job. It is too many people in this town that needs work and would probably do a better job than her so I'd appreciate you checking into this matter for me, and in the meantime I will tell everyone iIsee how nasty she was to me and try to get them to stop shopping at CVS as I am going to do myself. I was in CVS-- 505 highway 61 north, i was at register #2, my trans #1221,, cahier #1136772, and store # 5870.. I would appreciate it if you would check your cameras in the store and listen to them so you will know how i was talked to, thank you, Rebecca Freeman

Horrible

I had a script (which have been on for about 6 years now and have filled at the CVS in Merrimack almost the entire time) that had been filled in Merrimack (my previous address) and I had no way of getting there between work and school before they closed and needed my meds (Zoloft) that day. I had asked them if I could transfer the script to my CVS in Hudson, which I have had to do before and had no issues, and the woman at the Merrimack CVS said "yep let me just cancel this one and your good." Well she just so happened to "forget" to tell me that there was a new law put into place stating that these transfers can no longer be done. This would have been fine if she had given me ANY sort of notice about it because I wouldn't have canceled it, but she said nothing.

So I went to my CVS in Hudson asking if they had received the fax from Merrimack yet, and she then told me about the new law (was MUCH more helpful than Merrimack). So now at that point, my script in Merrimack had already been canceled and they claimed they were unable to refill it, and I was left waiting to get ahold of my doctor to have a brand new preauthorization sent over. The doctor proceeded to tell me that this could take up to 72 hours... If I had been told all of this when I first called Merrimack, I would have never canceled that one and would have found a way to get there!! But now I'm stuck day 3* with NO MEDICATION. And when I miss this medication I get EXTREME dizzy spells to the point I've fallen down/passed out because of it. I don't even feel I can drive when I'm like this.

I understand that cvs has no control over laws or doctors timeliness, but I truly feel that that pharmacist in Merrimack should have been obligated to explain what would happen if I did cancel it to transfer. Now I'm stuck in limbo. Thankfully I was able to get a single one to "hold me over" but after 3 days of none that isn't going to do too much about the dizziness in my head. I'm EXTREMELY upset that she didn't even say a single thing about this new procedure or that I would be without meds for a few days. (I was out which is why they had refilled it... hellooo! obviously I cannot afford to be without for a day, let alone 3. I am to the point where I feel I may have to go to the hospital if I do not get my medication within the next day. If that ends up happening I will have to take this to a higher power in the industry.

Overall I'm disappointed in the pharmacy's ability to give you the correct IMPORTANT information regarding medications BEFORE allowing you to cancel it. Especially when you have been a loyal customer with them for well over 5 years (not just myself, but my family as well.) We are now considering switching to a different pharmacy/company because this isn't the first time I have been either given the wrong information, or not been given any information regarding important matters that they should be obliged to discuss. I hate having to file a complaint, as I have always thought highly of CVS but the past year or two they have made life more difficult in terms of medication refills and what not. I would like to add that CVS in HUDSON has been much more helpful and did manage to get me a single one of my meds to hold me over, but at this point I'm behind three days, so one day isn't going to help much, but I do greatly appreciate they're concern in trying to help me out. This complaint is about the MERRIMACK CVS on DW Highway.

Bad

I was given a prescription by a medical doctor MD but the CVS pharmacy gave me something that was entirely different. Now you can't be reached i am going to call my relatives who are attorneys at law and see if you are allowed to practice medicine on a pharmacist's degree. I am also going to the LA area news and give it to them so all the world could see.

Contact the CVS Complaint Department