CVS

Most Popular Complaint about CVS

Posted by Complaints Department on Mar 26, 2014
Customer Rating

My husband has pancreatic cancer and has been prescribed narcotic medications to manage his pain. On March 17, 2014, as his primary caretaker , I went into store #5081 to request the prescriptions be filled as directed by his doctors at Lankaneau Hospital. I was told that they didn’t have the drugs in stock and they would have to be ordered. I asked if I could leave the prescriptions so the drugs could be ordered and was told by the pharmacy tech that if I left them they may get lost. I was told to return in a couple of days. I returned on March 24, 2014 to request the prescriptions be filled again and was told to return on Thursday to speak with the supervisor. I was given the scripts back again. On March 27, 2014 I returned to the store, I spoke to the pharmacist on staff was told again that the drugs would have to be ordered and could not be ordered unless I left the prescriptions. I told him that this was my third visit and I knew I was requesting narcotics for my husband and that I could not have them filled until I left the prescriptions but when I attempted to do so on the previous two visits I was told the same thing. He then stated he would order the needed drugs and they would not be in until Tuesday April 1, 2014. The pharmacy tech told me I could go to another store.

How your staff handled this situation is problematic on many levels. My husband will run out of medication on Monday and the refill will not be ready until Tuesday. Instead of ordering the medications as they stated, they finally suggested that I go to another store to get them. This is the closest store to our home and we are new to the area, therefore I would need to run around looking for a store to fill this order even though our records have been access at their location. My husband had a bad night on Wednesday and neither of us slept very well. Your staff demonstrated an extreme disregard for my husband’s condition and insensitivity for his caregivers time, energy and effort. We are under enough stress without having to be subjected to this level of disregard by staff who is supposed to be helping. I wonder if I was one of their European customers if this callous disregard would have been displayed.

I expect a personal apology and I expect that your staff be informed of the error of their ways. They need to be trained to provide a higher level of customer service and no one should be subject to this behavior in the future.

Did CVS provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about CVS?

2.02 out of 5

Website

www.cvs.com

More CVS Complaints

Customer Rating

Every time I go to one of your stores there is a line a mile long because of people who have coupons and buys cases and cases of your products and leaves nothing to people who would like one or two of the product. I was told by your employees that customers will order cases of your products and then use there coupons and they have to scan everything and they said sometimes hours. That is not fair to us customers who like CVS. What ever happened to the 2 coupon only. I find this ridiculous. I walked out of your store located in Lincoln Park, Mi because this lady had 2 carts full of Mr. Bubbles and dove hair care products. I find this rude that your company allows this. Not right for us or the employees. If this continues I will have to go to another store. I have been going to your store when it was called Arbors. My mother walked out of your store last month because of this. The employees say that they have to honor there coupons and even them thinks this is crazy and very rude.

Meijers, Krogers and even Walgreens and Walmart only allow 2 coupons of the same product per transaction. There should be a limit. Your company is loosing customers and I will be one of them as is my mother

Customer Rating

Several times in the past few weeks I have needed scripts filled. It used to take 15-20 minutes to refill scripts. However, lately it has taken 2 hours and then I go to pick up and it is not ready. I am asked to wait an additional 20 minutes every time. This past week I have have needed thyroid Meds and drops for pink eye and have waited a ridiculous amount of hours when Rx is needed ASAP. In fact, the cvs pharmacy staff lost my last script that was hand delivered and given to them within the few hours of waiting. I will be switching pharmacies if this continues.
– frustrated and sick

Customer Rating

I called my RX in around 10:30 am on Jan 31, 2015 ask for it to be ready by 1:00 pm cause I had to go to work, so I get their at 1:45 to pick up my medicine and they said it would take about 10 minutes to have it ready. This is not the 1st time that this has happened. I used walgreens for years and never had this kind of experience. Please explain to me why we even put what time we would like to pick up... Thanks

Customer Rating

We just moved to the state of Louisiana in August and had to transfer our medicine from Virginia. Going to this store the techs are very miserable and you feel like you are bothering them by just asking any question. My husband was a pharmacist for over 40 years in retail pharmacy and had also worked in CVS stores. I had hip replacement surgery and he had to go into the store for my pain meds, with a prescription in hand. She informed him that they did not have it in stock, which he understood but he asked her if she could please check to see if the other CVS down the road had it and she just said no we can't do that. They do not greet or smile or help in any manner that they should be doing. We went to a Rite Aide where he was greeted with a smile, filled the script and actually thanked him, something the techs at CVS also do not do. I am going to transfer all of my prescriptions to Rite Aide where I feel they are also happy to have my business. I have never written a complaint in my life, this is my first time. I can't believe other people shop at this CVS and why we had put up with them for this long.

Customer Rating

Last week my husband was in the CVS in Palmetto. He is a Type 1 diabetic and was in the store to get his refill prescription for the test strips he needs to test his glucose levels. As he was waiting, after he was in earlier and was told it would be filled in an hour, he could feel his sugar getting dangerously low and was shaking uncontrollably. He came up in line and begged for their help. They ignored his plea and told him to get to the back of the line. While my husband still had the where with all, he grabbed a bag of M&M's so that he could avoid going into a diabetic coma, and again instead of helping him they called the police, where he was then escorted out of the store and hand-cuffed. To put the icing on the cake, afterwards the police walked him back into the store to apologize to THEM. My husband could have went into a coma or worse! I am appalled and outraged that these are supposed to be medical professionals and couldn't tell the signs and symptoms of his condition, not to mention he showed them his medical alert necklace that he wears. Action needs to be taken. CVS, educate your staff!!

Customer Rating

i live in middletown new jersey 07748 Palmer ave and high way 36…. i have a problem with the store manager..my son works for them and he gets treated bad all the time from other employees .like he made $40 dollars in tips in April 4th 2014 and the manager over there said he was not getting it because it was his store policy..not cvs policy…. my son reads it all the time…but in there employee hand book it does not say anything about tip from customers .my son had a conversation with the costumer he was being polite and he gave him $40 dollars because he was being nice. and Im tired of hearing my son cry over this he may be 21 years old but every one need there parents at some point in there life to guide them threw this.my son has good communicating skills with costumers and they love him there… because he is so polite to them..my son takes a lot… he may works one day a week and he do not care as long as he has a job.god bless him for staying there.i want him to leave but he fights me on this..but what are you going to do about this? they are at age..

Customer Rating

On Thursday, April 3, 2014, I was involved in a very disturbing and unsettling incident at the CVS store at Highway 58 and Hal Drive in Chattanooga, TN. As I was checking out at the register, I had a question about the some of the items that I was purchasing. I was in the process of asking the cashier at the register about the items when another clerk (who was not involved) walked up and interuppted the conversation. I tried to explain my question to him and he began to answer me by making nasty, smart alecky remarks. I had been in the store on another occasion, when he behaved the same way when I asked him a question. This was the 2nd time that I had been subjected to his rude behavior, and I was not going to be treated this way again. I told him that he had a negative attitude and that this was no way to behave when you worked with the public. He continued being rude to me and I then asked to speak with the manager. He said the manager (Jeremy) was he the back and that he would gladly get him. All the while he continued his verbal assault, After about 15 minutes, Jeremy came to the front. I explained how rudely the clerk had spoken to me, and he (Jeremy) began to make excuses for the clerk’s bad behavior. I refused to accept his excuses because there’s no reason to treat anyone as disrespectfully as the clerk had treated me. At this time, Jeremy too, began to speak to me nastily. I wondered why they had both treated me so badly and came to the conclusion that maybe it was because I am Black or that I am elderly or they are related. Whatever their reasoning, I don’t feel that there is ever a reason to treat anyone so disrepectfully because they only ask a question. I shop at this CVS once or twice every week, but I wonder if I should take my business elsewhere because there’s also a Walgreens and a Rite Aid on the same street. It’s all on camera!!!

Customer Rating

She knew I was having to wait while I was in my wheelchair. Praying it wouldn’t start raining. She saw me waiting. She made me sit there while she filled a bunch of other ones. They went on to the shelf. I said something about her rude looking way, to one of the other pharmisist the time I went before. I think she made me sit there in my wheelchair longer because I am used to being treeted real nice when I’m there. She changed the way I feel about going there. I don’t have alot to be happy about! I’m 45 & permanently disabled! I used to be happy when I went to CVS! She changed that!
RPH Brandi M. Duncan on my bottle

Customer Rating

My name is javier monroig (347) 963-3896 I’m diabetic I called in a prescription on a Sunday for my much needed insulin expecting to have it available on a Monday the latest a Tuesday .To my surprise and disappointment it is now Friday April 4th and I still do not have the insulin I require .The CVS on 125th and Lennox were not helpful .They told me they were out of stock and would not have it available until Monday of next week .I went one whole day without taking a shot and my sugar levels are in the 309 right now I had to ask if they could look into another cvs they advised me that the CVS on 116th and Lennox would have it a available and they would transfer my prescription to that location I called at 4pm.here it is 700 pm and I’m still at the 116th location waiting for my prescription because someone at the cvs location on 125th and lennox forgot to call the cvs on 116th to transfer my insulin .why in the world would 125th not have the insulin at least delivered to there store from 116th to 125th I’m annoyed and now the cvs on 116th is so busy they can’t even put a label on a box of insulin instead I have been waiting for over an hour .I am seriously considering taking my business to another drug store .I have iinsurance that i pay for from work and I refuse to be overlooked by a pharmacy when I’m in need of insulin to treat my diabetes …..This is unacceptable customer service.

Customer Rating

Bought 2 Green Dot Moneypak card at this store. when I went to tranfer money to my card, moneypak states there no money on my moneypak cards, I’ve called Greendot , can speak whit anyone there, email them! Can your company help on your end to see if someone stole it or what? Thank you, Diane Miller

Customer Rating

I have had numerous problems filling prescriptions at CVS. Today, I went to pick up my order only to be told my insurance would not cover the whole amount and I would need to cover the rest. I complained and told them to check again. The second time I was told that my insurance would not cover the refill until the next day. I returned home and called my insurance company. They informed me that the pharmacy had not even submitted it. I then called the pharmacy back again and told them they hadn’t submitted the script. They then ran it through with no problems. No apology or anything. Appalling; what happened to customer service?????

Customer Rating

I am an asthmatic who called my dr. Friday morning to get a prescription for azithromycin. I was coming down with a cold and need to immediately start antibiotics to avoid it spreading to my lungs. Called pharmacy on Friday eve March 28 and they said no prescription was called in. Thought that was strange as my MD knows my situation…Went into pharmacy on Saturday and asked if they had anything for me and they said no. Called MD on Sunday am and he said he called it in on Friday. Spoke to pharmacist and she said its been sitting there since Friday. How does this happen? Now I have full blown bronchitis with asthma and been sick since Friday with no help till Sunday so the cold is now in my lungs and its now Monday. I am home bound and planning on contacting a lawyer if something is not done about this. I have proof of phone call and visit to pharmacy as I bought a few items there that Saturday. If I got the rx on Friday I would not be ill right now. Please contact me immediately at 201-280-3106 to discuss this….I am exhausted and have had to cancel many things and I am scheduled for surgery next week which I may have to postpone as well if I don’t improve by Wednesday.

Susan Gerson

Customer Rating

On March 25 I made a trip to the CVS pharmacy I Hac. Hgts. to order Mag-Tab SR. they placed the order and said to come back the next day. I came back on the 27, so they would have an extra day to receive them in. Now the problem. On the 27th. no Mag-Tabs. They could not find them on the shelf. They asked to see the old bottle so they would know what the bottle looks like. I was never asked for my name to order them by, When I tried to give them my name I was told they don’t need it. This happens almost every time. This is very bad service. I was told they would reorder if I bring in the bottle again. Not going to happen. Walgreens is just as close, so is Right Aid. I have been going to this CVS store for about 25 years, going back to when it was Savon drug store. This is not expectable service and will not be tolerated. I want you to know why I am changing drug stores. I also plan to have my Proscription drugs transferred. I hope you can fix this problem, I don’t want to move to another store, but will. IF I don’t hear back by the 28th. I will change stores.
Joseph Quattrociocchi
626-336-7694

Customer Rating

In preparing to leave USA for extended Bahama cruise aboard private vessel stopped in T CVS pharmacy on Alton Rd in South Miami beach for refill of test strips to cover cruising time. Imagine my surprise when I went to use those test strips to find they were expired on 12/31/13….I purchased them in late Februaryomthis means they sat on shelf at pharmacy for just over six weeks AFTER expiration date and then were sold to me by a pharmacist I had explicit conversation with about leaving country. I filed a complaint with CVS and then contacted Facebook page of CVS after hearing nothing from them. I did get response and contact asked for me to forward my complaint to FB so it could be forwarded to customer service. It’s now been eleven days and situation still unresolved and all I have gotten is runaround? my daughter in USA has had several conversations with various CVS employees about this problem on my behalf and still nothing is being done because the guy that is supposed to have already handled this situation left for vacation without DOING anything. And sent word back via another staff member that I could use expired strips up to four months after exp date….my machine will not accept an expired code key at all and he is wrong! I have asked for someone to contact Watermakerair.com for instructions on having replacement product brought to Staniel cay Yacht Club, Staniel Cay, Exuma, Bahama as I feel CVS should step up and ship at cost of CVS Pharmacy! There are NO pharmacies or stores here for me to buy testing supplies and I feel since CVS was negligent iin Following proper inventory control policy and having been made aware of problem CVS is still not caring one way or another and it’s MY health that is at risk due to their negligence.

Customer Rating

Hi I have been filling my prescriptions for over 10 years at CVS pharmacies. I have a chronic disease that causes severe pain and extreme fatigue. My 1st complaint is about the pharmacist at the CVS, Teresa Zink. Our 1st encounter involved me having to explain in depth to her why I was only getting 1 filled prescription instead of all 3 that were there waiting. I had already told the pharmacy tech that I only wanted 1 & I would be back in 2 days to get the others. The tech in turn went to the pharmacist. I was kinda embarassed to say “I can’t afford it right now”, partially because of the line that had accumulated behind me. But after the pharmacist accused me of only filling my narcotics, I finally told her I didnt have enough for all of them. She told me she apologized she misunderstood and I was allowed to get the prescription. About a week or so later the same pharmacist called to inquire about 3 new meds I never refilled. I politely explained to her that im not taking them and I would discuss that with my Dr on my next visit. She then told me that since I don’t get all my medications filled her pharmacy would not be filling any more of my prescriptions. I have been having difficulty finding the pain medications I need therefore I have run out. I also told her about my need to bring my meds in a few days early so I wont have to worry about running out. With medications my physical capabilities are limited I am practically bedridden without them. I fill discriminated against and humiliated that my local pharmacist treats me like im a dope fiend only filling prescriptions to get a high. And I am extremely frustrated when I have to drive over 30 miles thru several cities searching unsuccessful for meds the pharmacy a half a mile from my home has them. The CVS who agreed to fill the prescription told me they would have the medications in today. I call aftet 5 to check the status to be told “it didnt come in today, maybe it will tomorrow. ” In the meantime I am without pain medications that I have been trying to fill since last week.

Customer Rating

When I asked for a product I was told they do not carry that product. However, the day before my mother was in the same CVS and purchased that item and that is why I went to that particular CVS. My mother could not believe it and went to that CVS the very next day and purchased the product for me to have. Sadly, the manager at the time when I went said they DO NOT sell that item and showed me the other 2 items they did sell and were on the shelf. I went to Rite Aid instead and found a product to use. Perhaps I need to stick to Rite Aid?

Thank you for your attention!
Alberta Rasmussen

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Ellen Eisele on 03/23/2014 at IP address 69.242.2.243 using our CVS complaint form. This opinions contained in this CVS customer review titled, “Max Freeze spray” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

ALL MY PRESCRIPTION DRUGS I TAKE THEM IN CVS/PHARMACY LOCATED IN 4599 SHERIDAN ST HOLLYWOOD FL.IN JUNE,2013 I RECEIVE A LETTER FROM Mr JOSH FLUM,SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT RETAIL PHARMACY SAYING IN ADDITION,YOU CAN NOW RECEIVE A 90 DAY SUPPLY OF YOUR PRESCRIPTION AT CVS/PHARMACY FOR THE SAME MEDICARE CO-PAY AS MAIL ORDER.IN 02.03.2014 MY DOCTOR SEND 4 PRESCRIPTIONS DRUG TO CVS/PHARMACY FOR A 90 DAY SUPPLY.MY HUSBAND PICK THE MEDICATIONS.AT HOME I SEE THEY CHARGE ME THE FULL AMOUNT OF 200$ AT THE PLACE OF 140$ THIS IS THE AMOUNT I HAVE TO PAID IF A SEND A MAIL ORDER TO MEDCO COVENTRY PHARMACY FOR MAIL ORDER. I WENT TO CVS/PHARMACY I SHAW THEM THE LETTER OF Mr JOSH FLUM THE AMOUNT I PAID THE PHARMACIST MAKE A COPY AND TELL ME I TAKE CARE FROM YOUR COMPLAINT .I SEND A COMPLAINT TO CVS/PHARMACY.YESTERDAY I RECEIVE A PHONE CALL FROM CVS/PHARMACY TELLING ME TO GO TO THE PHARMACY TO RECEIVE BACK THE DIFFERENCE THAT I PAID THE 60$ I WENT THEIR THE PHARMACIST AT THE PLACE TO PAID ME THE AMOUNT HE CALL BY PHONE AND I WAIT THEIR MORE THAN ONE HOUR AT LIST HE TOLD ME I CAN PAID YOU THE 60$ ONLY IF YOU SHAW ME ME A RECEIPT THAT YOU PAID 140$ FOR YOUR PRESCRIPTIONS ON MEDCO/PHARMACY OF COVENTRY MY INSURANCE.I TOLD HIM I HAVE NO RECEIPT BECAUSE A NEVER PURCHASE MEDICATION FROM MEDCO/PHARMACY ALL TIME A PURCHASE IN YOUR PHARMACY. HE SAY SORRY WITHOUT THIS RECEIPT I CAN PAID YOU THE 60$..

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by ESTHER PENIAS on 03/22/2014 at IP address 108.250.150.105 using our CVS/PHARMACY complaint form. This opinions contained in this CVS/PHARMACY customer review titled, “OVERCHARGE FOR PRESCRIPTION” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

IN JUNE 1,2013 i RECEIVE A LETTER FROM Mr JOSH FLUM,SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT RETAIL PHARMACY TELLING ME THAT i CAN NOW RECEIVE A 90-DAY SUPPLY OF MY PRESCRIPTION AT CVS/PHARMACY FOR THE SAME MEDICARE CO-PAY AS MAIL ORDER.i SEND MY PRESCRIPTION TO CVS/PHARMACY LOCATED IN SHERIDAN STR 4599,MY HUSBAND PICK FOR ME MY PRESCRIPTION AND PAID 200 $.FOR BENICAR THEY CHARGE ME 90$ AT THE PLACE OF 70$ F.METFORMINOR CRESTOR THEY CHARGE ME 90$ AT THE PLACE OF 70$ METFORMIN THEY CHARGE 10$ AT THE PLACE OF 0$ THE SAME TOTRAMADOL THEY CHARGE 10$ AT THE PLACE OF 0$ THAT MEAN i PAID 60 $ MORE.I MAKE A COMPLAIN TO CVS/PHARMACY AND TO DAY I RECEIVE A CALL FROM CVS.MAIN OFFICE TO GO TO CVS/PHARMACY IN SHERIDAN TO RECEIVE BACK MY 60$ i GO THERE AND THE PHARMACIST TOLD ME HE CAN PAYE BECAUSE HE HAS NO PROVE THAT MEDCO PHARMACY OF COVENTRY CHARGE ME LESS PLEASE i NEED YOUR HELP YOU CAN CALL MEDCO PHARMACY AT PHONE NUMBER 1888 327 9791 AND TO CHECK THE PRICES OF THOSE MEDICATION.THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP ESTHER PENIAS MY ADDRESS 3205 N 36 AVE HOLLYWOOD FL 33021 MY E-MAIL ELIEZERPENIAS@HOT MAIL.COM.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by esther penias on 03/21/2014 at IP address 108.250.150.105 using our CVS/PHARMACY complaint form. This opinions contained in this CVS/PHARMACY customer review titled, “TAKE MORE MONEY FOR MY PRESCRIPTION” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I am a long-time customer at the subject pharmacy. On Mar 14, 2017, i placed a refill order thru your automated system for RX No
333009 (90 tabs of Diovan 320 mg). After I picked up this prescription along with a few others on Mar 20, 2014 and returned home, I found that I had been dispensed only 30 tabs; worse, I had been charged for 90 tabs. I called and spoke to an “Eric”, who said he was the pharmacist. He said he will replace with a 90-day supply, if I brought the 30-day bottle back. I went back to the store around 10:15 am on Mar 21, 2014. A “Sarah”, who I was told was the pharmacist, attended to me. I explained the problem to her, and gave her the 30-tablet bottle, the cash register receipt and the papers that came with it. I had some other papers with me, not pertaining to the matter at hand. Sarah looked at the papers in my hand, and wanted to see them. I explained to her that those papers didn’t pertain to the issue, and that I had already given her everything she needed. She kept insisting about the other papers. After a few words, she probably realized that I had indeed given her whatever she needed, which she hadn’t looked at properly previously. I was finally given the right quantity. During all this meaningless altercation, Sarah didn’t have the decency to express any regrets for the inconvenience I had been put through, because of a mistake on CVS’s part. In fact, Eric hadn’t expressed any regrets on the previous day either. Your pharmacists need some basic training on dealing with customers. The attitude that they are doing the customers a favor needs to change fast, as customers have other pharmacies falling over backwards for their business. Everytime I go in, there is a new pharmacist at CVS who treats you as a total stranger. This is another problem customers have to contend with. I would be interested to know how you propose to instill some professionalism in your operation.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Viswanath Jayaraman on 03/21/2014 at IP address 69.246.214.21 using our CVS Pharmacy 1101 W Maple Mundelein IL 60060 complaint form. This opinions contained in this CVS Pharmacy 1101 W Maple Mundelein IL 60060 customer review titled, “Unsatisfactory Service” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Companies Like CVS

Thanks for your feedback..!

Sorry. Please try again later..!