Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by Christine James
Apr 06, 2013
Poor

Hi, This is addressing a issue of Costco in the Calgary Beacon Hills MAll NW. I am just a frequent costco client and I buy most of my home grocery from costco. The thing that I love the best about costco is that you have a really good demonstration system where we can try out the food before making the decision of buying. However, I went there on Friday and saw something that really disturbed my mood and changed my view on costco. A manager of the demonstration service, I believe that her name is Jeniffer( that what I heard what the others called her), shouting and screaming to a lady who is preparing the food. I do know that helping and training colleagues are necessary, but the way she was doing it clearly shows some kind of harassment. Me and several customers got really uncomfortable and scared at this situation. Please look into this, Thank you.

Have you had problems with Costco?

Compare Costco to Similar Department Stores more...

Top 74 Reviews about Costco

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Costco customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Bad

I purchased your Kirkland brand tuna fish for many years. I loved your tuna because of it's pure white color. I purchased a new 7-0z package of solid white albacore tuna and have noticed that the quality is definitely not the same. The tuna no longer has it's pure white color. It has pieces of pink and brown of which I threw out because of the color that I find unappetizing.

I have always told people that your tuna fish was the best but I along with others have noticed the change. Can you explain to me why the quality of your tuna fish is not the same? If the cans of tuna fish don't go back to it's original pure white quality that I have enjoyed over so many years, I and those who I have inspired to purchase your tuna fish, will no longer buy the Kirkland brand. I hope this situation will be resolved quickly.

Horrible

I visit Louisville, KY an average of once a month to care for my 89 year old mother who suffers from dementia. I frequent the Costco at 5020 Norton Healthcare Blvd at least once during each visit. I must say that I was shocked and appalled by the unprofessional and cavalier attitude of the "lady" who checks items and receipts as you exit the store.

Not only was she rude, as she had her back to me while speaking to Ron who was working on the entrance side, but when she does turn to take my receipt, she doesn't say hello or address me at all. She then proceeds to go thru my basket with a fine tooth comb to ensure I'm not stealing anything.

Please understand, since I don't steal, it makes no difference to me that she scrutinized my cart as every item was paid for, but then, as if in disgust that she didn't find an item that wasn't paid for, hands me my receipt and says absolutely NOTHING!!! I looked her straight in the eye and said: "THANK YOU!!", in the most sarcastic tone possible. Only then does she reply, "thank you." I said to her, "what an attitude." She then replies as I walked away: "I got it from you."

Now, this "lady" was old enough to be my mother, but as I walked to my car, I realized that this type of behavior shouldn't exist in customer service so I decided to walk back to the entrance and ask to speak to a manager. I chose not to speak to her because I felt that I might curse her if she presented the same attitude again and being a man of color, and she being white, I wasn't going to allow this petty woman the opportunity to say that she feared for her safety.

Also, since Ron and the young man who worked the cash register were so polite and PROFESSIONAL, it made sense to speak to one of them. Ron called over one of the managers who worked that day, Alyssa Lawson who was polite, but I'm certain said nothing to the lady except that I complained about her attitude.

I am still going to contact the Corporate office to lodge a complaint so that they can be made aware of the event and also that, if an employee isn't prepared to provide professional customer service to ALL of the potential customers, maybe they should seek employment elsewhere. This occurred at COSTCO on 05/11/15 at approx 7:48pm.

Bad

I purchased flowers from Costco for Mother's Day , this is my second time buying flowers from Costco because my first experiance was great, the flowers were exactly as advertised, this is why I returned for another purchase. The flowers I picked looked as if it was a big beautiful arrangement , they showed up the size of any store flower shop which cost anywhere between $ 15 - 20 dollars tops , I paid $ 70 for the same amount of flowers.. Costco cheated their customer with this purchase I am very disapointed and feel as though Costco needs to make it right.

Poor

I am a senior citizen with 2 really bad knees. On most of my visits to Costco, I am asked to wait over along the wall while an employee looks for a scooter. I was informed that my store had 5 scooters, which he thought was a big deal. Five scooters for a store of this magnitude, are you kidding me?!?! How about taking a survey of how many seniors and disabled people use these scooters. I am pretty sure you will be surprised.

Well while I'm at it, how about a few more handicap parking spots. You know there are a lot of us baby boomers out here. Also I have filled out a complaint form in the store before----NO ANSWER! Your consideration would be greatly appreciated.

Bad

We like the Kermanig Bakery plain pitas. Since they are not a regular stocked item, we stock up when we find them at a Costco Roadshow. We went to Costco 420 Oxnard and found out Kermanig would be at your Santa Maria Ca. store #24 on May1-May 3. We decided to make the drive 230 miles roundtrip on Saturday morning only to find out Kermanig had run out of the plain pita product. They seem to push their flavored pitas and were not too concerned about being out of stock. We may have to look elsewhere.

Bad

Re joined as membership had lapsed, whilst at work BMI The Chiltern Hospital 22 April 15 was given an incentive "Join Today & receive £5 voucher off identified 3 items of Free something else". Whilst stipulating my local Costco was Milton Keynes the Costco representative did not at anytime explain the voucher would not be valid other than at Reading. The lady was very engaging but I feel quite cross at this lack of honesty, whilst the £5 is not going to break me, it's the lack of being correct in information given. Poor show Costco!!!

Bad

I have been trying to phone the online returns department for 3 weeks every time i am put on hold today i was on hold for almost 1 hour and every other time over 30 mins this has happened 7 times in total. I emailed customer care only to get a automated reply telling me to phone the number i was complaining about!

Horrible

I applied for an opening at the Costco store in my town, Wichita, Ks. I have experience from working at Sam's club, but they did not wish to hire me after my first interview. I was properly dressed, spoke and answered all questions properly, I had a resume online and in person. I live walking distance from the store, and I have open availability. I feel like it was discrimination for being a Sam's employee.

Horrible

Applied a RV refinance loan with ESSEX credit as advertised in COSTCO website on 21 APR 2015. Since then I did not receive a response from them. It says on their ad that a response will be done in 2 days. I called several times left messages to check the status, they referred me to the same person with no response. As a customer, I need to know the status, been with Costco, used services offer with no problem.

Great

I have been shopping in Costco of Nanuet, NY since the stored opened. I have purchased the large bags of frozen strawberries for over ten years without complaint. In the last few months, the packing of the strawberries changed. No, the packing changed but the quality of the strawberries is very, very poor quality. They are tasteless. I wrote in a complaint at the store a few weeks ago and did not get a response.

Horrible

I received two baby Carter ℅ die sets size 12 months for my one year old grandson as birthday gifts, but he wears a size 18 months. Tags were on them. The employee never even looked at my items. I tried to exchange them for a bigger size but Costco would not exchange them without a receipt or the purchaser's Costco membership number. Their website nor was there a sign on the wall stating this policy.

As a matter of fact the Costco website states they will make every effort. Ha. I was astonished. I emailed Customer service. And they said there may be a safety issue or torn issue in their reply. It was like an automatic reply. It didn't make sense. I am getting no help from everyone. It's as if they make up return policies as they go along day to day. Is this legal? Please advise.

Horrible

I have been a member of Costco since 11/2004. I live 5 blocks away from the location on East 117th Street. I choose to drive all the way to Yonkers not to have to deal with how unprofessinal the staff are on 117th Street. Yesterday 4/20/15, I decided to go to the Costco on East 117th Street. While waiting in the scanning line, there was another member in front of me who had a language barrier and did not speak/understand English. The staff member there by the name of Jewel was extremely disrespectful to this member. She yelled at the customer, and her tone was out of line. I also asked her if that line takes cash and she again yelled and disrespectfully said NO! to me. I spoke to a supervisor there who was very dismissive and said that " she is very aggresive". Once I told him that I need to speak to another supervisor, he said that he will take care of it. I am a member and pay my memebership all these years to shop at a place where I won't get disrespected. This was rude, unprofessional and just plain wrong. Makes me want to cancel my membership altogether.

Horrible

My Roomate got a costco card so we can buy supplies for our house. But when we tried to pay, they let her split the transaction so that I could pay for my items separately. However, the clerk would not take my cash because it was from my wallet and not hers. I understand if it was my debit card but I was paying with cash to help lower the cost as she can't afford hundreds at a time. The fact that the cashier felt it appropriate to ask if it was my cash then explained that even married couples don't get exceptions. I find that hard to believe that married couples can't use each other's card. We felt it was wrong as if the cash was in her hand she would have taken it, and she also made us feel like she was implying we are a couple which we aren't! Horrible service and not worth the savings.

Poor

I have purchased your bbq cooked chicken twice over the past few years. The first one was very salty and when re-heated very soft and tasteless. I purchased another today and it tasted very very salty. I have high blood pressure and the sodium content was shocking and tasted like salt water. I enjoy most meat and poultry products from Costco. Very disappointing and very unhealthy. I would appreciate an email back at deanrkennedy@hotmail.com. this experience makes me wonder about the actual quality of your meat, poultry and produce.

Horrible

About two weeks ago, we bought a bundle of Kirkland Signature Premium BIG roll paper towels. ITM./ART. 512599, Scan #: 96619 72205 1.
These paper towels should not be marketed as they leave residue like "lint" whenever cleaning (with Windex) any type of glass which includes windows, mirrors, TV screens, etc. Therefore, it is probably not good to use even on counter tops, etc. I am very disappointed by the mislabelling and would like a full refund to better paper towels.

Poor

Manager at tukwila store was extremely rude at the door when I asked for temporary card. Lied to me, said he looked up my membership and it was expired when in fact it was not I shopped at the kirkland location instead whos staff verified my membership was active. Worst costco manager at tukwila ive ever seen, and ive shopped at 5 other washington locations with pleasent experiences every time. Not going back to that location again!

Bad

Purchased a 70" TV a couple of weeks before Christmas 2014. Turns out it had a problem. Because of its size, I had to impose on someone with a big enough vehicle to bring it home. When I called concierge they thought the problem was correctable with some turn off/turn on mechanics. The mechanics did not work and the next day I called Concierge back. They set up a conference call with the manufacturer. The Manufacturer offered to replace it or repair it. When I discussed it COSTCO's concierge assured me that if the TV was replaced the 90 day exchange would start again from the day the replacement took place. I was also told that while one service would deliver the set, another service would then come to set it up.
I was particularly interested in whether the 90 day return policy would begin when the replacement set was delivered/installed and was unconditionally assured it would. My concern about the return policy was a function of the fact the 90 day return period had not yet expired and I could return the defective set and purchase a new one which would give me a new 90 day period. I was concerned about returning the set if defective as a friend had purchased the same set and had experienced the identical problem. If the replacement set had the same problem/defect I wanted the option to return the set.
After the replacement set was delivered, I discovered that, notwithstanding the Concierge's representation, no installation crew would be coming. I am disabled and had to impose on a friend to install it. When I sought confirmation from COSTCO that the return period started anew I was told that they had arranged for a transfer of the warranty to the replacement set BUT the return policy would not start anew and had, in fact, expired. I was hopeful; it will not be an issue, that the replacement set will operate properly, BUT I was duped. I could have returned the original set and purchased a new one and had a new 90 day period. It was only because their representations that I accepted the replacement set.
Not a big deal unless there is a problem with the replacement set in which case I want to return it. I understand that all calls are taped and I wrote requesting that the calls I had with Concierge be retained as if there is any problem with the replacement set I intend to return it even if it means hiring a lawyer to do it. I do not like to be duped.

Bad

On Monday March 30, 2015 I went to purchase 4 tires at your store in South Orlando, Invoice 1840161256 Membership 111841010890, a member for 15 years. The tires I had, had a little hum to them and I didn't want to drive to it from Orlando up to the other home in Maryland. I did plan to use them on my small pick-up truck because they were like new in excellent condition. I told the first salesman that helped me to put my tires in the back of my car, he responded that he would put them in the back of my car. After waiting on me for about a minute, he said he couldn't work any more and left. The second salesman that waited on me also agreed to put my tires back inside my car. The second salesman took my cell phone # and agreed to call me when my car was finished. He did not call me when my car was ready (YOU WONDER WHY). When I went back to check on my car, BY SURPRISE IT WAS FINISHED but my tires were not in the back of my car (YOU WONDER WHY). I asked for my tires back, there was 3 tire representatives standing and said the tires had been loaded on the tire truck that was standing by the garage right in front of me.

Your tire representative and the tire truck persons refused to go up in the truck and get my tires out(YOU WONDER WHY). Then I went in to talk to the store manager Terri Luna, Terri said the tires would be brought back to Costco and I could pick them up on Wednesday. I went back to the Costco store on Wednesday afternoon and the tires were still not there, but was told the tires would be returned to me and I would be called when to pick them up. I went back to the store on Friday, the tires still were not there, after much discussion Terri Luna gave me one option offered $120 Costco cash card or some other person's comparable tires of what they thought was comparable not once did Terri offer to let me speak with the General Manager. My son had to insist on getting the General Manager's information from Terri. Terri said the tires had 5/16 of tread because the tire rep that didn't put the tires back in my car told him. They were still like new. But my son wanted new one's put on because of the little bit of hum in one of the tires, so I decided to invest in a new set of Costco's tires. The tires were worth at least $300, and I was not accepting a $120 cash card. I have been a Costco member for many years and expected better treatment than what I got.

Bad

I would like to register a complaint about the cleanliness and upkeep of your area for coffee grinding at the Costco in King of Prussia Pa. I have complained about this a few times and yesterday as in the past upon going to grind my coffee I once again saw how dirty and unmaintained this area is. I actually never did use the grinder. They are old and filthy and need to be replaced and cleaned regulary. As a long time member of Cosco I wanted to notify you since in store complaints have not had an impact. Hopefully this ail be addressed.

Bad

This is a complaint about Costco in Eugene Oregon. this store was built back in the 80s, now the town has grown around it. there is no place to park the traffic is heavy around the store because people drive around waiting to park. in other words the place is a freaking rat race! In Alaska anchorage there is two and the population isn't as big as Eugene/ springfield. Eugene is one of the earliest store to open when Costco first started and now there needs to be another to handle the heavy volume that it has obtained. someone really needs to take a look at what a madhouse it has become before some one gets hurt and law suites fly. this is not only a complaint but hopefully an eye opener for Costco to take a closer look at some of their older stores. because a lot of people are turning away because the amount of traffic especially the older gen that have a hard time getting around.

Contact the Costco Complaint Department