Costco

Latest Complaint

B. Wika
01-23-2015 3:49 pm

I bought a of glasses in July of 2014. In Oct. the bow broke off on the right side. Brought them in on the 20th of Oct. I was told they have them on order and as soon as they come in they would call. I waited 2 weeks and called...they were not in yet. I called the end of Nov. still not in but were expecting a shipment into their depot on Dec. 29th I called....not in yet...didn't know when they would be in...but will call as soon as they get in. It is Jan. 23. No frames. I have had these glasses 7 months. Wore them 3 months. Are they waiting for my warranty to expire??? I am being told there is nothing they can do. I don't think I am being unreasonable about this. Love these glasses....the best price around.....just wish I could wear them before I don't have any warranty left. No one really cares!!! Is this how you treat a customer!!!

Do you have a problem with Costco?

Customer Rating

www.costco.com

More Costco Complaints

David Kane
01-22-2015 7:28 pm

I have been filling scripts at this place since they opened the doors of this location many years ago; however never met LISA and you don't want to meet her. I was given 2 scripts last time I visited my Dr on Dec. 18. The second script clearly said on the document "not to be filled before 1/21/15; however LISA took a quick glance (and she's filling in for Mark S.) and said "I can't fill this it's beyond 30 days." I told her I was given 2 scripts "I don't care and I can't call him either because it's beyond 30 days and kept shoving the damn scripts and my driver's license back at me. I kept trying to explain but now she's getting belligerent and starts raising her voice "Sir, I TOLD YOU, these cannot be filled, you will have to go back to this Dr. and get a NEW script.......and then a moment of clarity.........'oh, I see here where he typed in "to be filled 1/21/15 or after'...this woman is half my age......APOLOGY??? You must be kidding me. My wife and I used to get ALL our scripts at Costco but with repeated bad service by their staff, my wife gets her's at CVS as do I, except for these two which are hard for CVS to fill AND they're extremely expensive. So out of 14 scripts for the two of us now we are down to 2.....and now you know why. Go to CVS and spare yourself the headache from LISA......THE FILL IN.

R. Hiller
01-15-2015 9:34 am

Scott toilet paper is to thin with small holes in it may as well.use your hands and wash them .

03-19-2014 11:00 pm

Checking out at Costco the girl slide my membership card and said, “Oh your membership expired” She called someone over and that girl said you can renew your membership right now. I said “no I can’t because it’s was my husbands executive membership under my husbands business”.” I don’t carry around blank checks from my husbands business”. She then said,” when was the last time you used the card because it expired in Nov. and we let people check out one time after the expiration date, but it’s March so it’s been to long”. “Also the last time you checked out in Nov. the checkout person would warn you of your expiration date”. The main thing I usually buy from Costco is 3 bags of milled flax seeds at a time so I don’t have to go back because Costco is out of my way. Nobody ever warned me that my membership was expiring while checking out. I didn’t know if anyone else from my husband business went and was warned that the membership had expired. She then grabbed my Costco card and walked away with it. Several people were waiting in line while all this was going on. I think you should direct your checkout people that if a card comes up expired then direct that customer to the customer membership desk. The girl that was helping the checkout person was super rude and accusing me that I should of known. I told my husband what had happened and it was an oversight on his part to renew the membership. We will not be renewing his executive membership. I did most of my shopping at Sam’s Club, now I’ll do all of it.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Sandra Fuhrman on 03/20/2014 at IP address 96.18.59.209 using our Costco complaint form. This opinions contained in this Costco customer review titled, “Treatment of customer” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

03-11-2014 11:00 pm

To whom it may concern:
Hi,
On June 27, 2012, I bought a discounted TV, a PANASONIC model TC-50PU54 priced at $749.99 and was discounted $100 so I paid $649.99 plus the 7.125 sales tax. To pay a TV with this amount of money should last more than 13 months. This TV went out after 13 months but since it’s under warranty for 2 years, CONCIERGE SERVICES sent a serviceman to get it fix 3 weeks after we called. This was in Aug., 2013. We have to wait THREE WEEKS, but thankful it got fixed at that time. This fix lasted only TWO MONTHS. On Oct. 17, 2013 this TV went out again and this time talked to a manager in Electronics Dept at this store about returning this TV for an exchange and our willingness to pay for the difference of whatever we will replace it with. This manager told us to talk to CONCIERGE SERVICES which I did again and this place insisted in getting it serviced again which they did a week later, Oct.. 24, 2013 to be exact is the 2nd time this same TV was serviced. This 2nd fix lasted a little bit longer this time, 4 1/2 months it lasted. Mar. 11, 2014, this TV is out again. I am sure if I call they are going to send someone to fix it again and I know they just keep getting it fix until our warranty runs out in Jun 26, 2014 and we will be on our own to get it fixed and this is just plainly WRONG! If you sell a defective TV, please take it back and make it right with your customer. Can someone please call me to discuss this, 612-201-5851. I thank you in advance for your time in getting this complain taken cared of.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Monina Allen on 03/12/2014 at IP address 136.234.105.210 using our Costco in Burnsville MN complaint form. This opinions contained in this Costco in Burnsville MN customer review titled, “I was sold a DEFECTIVE TV.” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

05-04-2013 11:00 pm

Hi, I am Costco customer for more than one year, i interacted twice with Costco Customer service department, they talk to me as if I am not a customer, they don’t even wish you when called them and they interact you in a politely. I am surprised how a company like Costco has such poor customers service?

05-01-2013 11:00 pm

I have been waiting 45 minutes…to simply pick up contacts at the optical counter. I am waiting as I write this message. I have been here 45 minutes and still have not been helped. I am simply picking up contact lense. Are you kidding me it takes an hour to pick up a box of contact lense. I am here because I was switching my eye care provider to costco, but after this experience I will not do my eye exam or prescription here anymore. This is outrageous and unproffessional. You have got to be kidding me. Not even a smiling employee makes this wait acceptable.

04-12-2013 11:00 pm

i use to be able to check out groceries and beer in the liquor dept. and write one check.. as of april 1 i have to stand in one long line to buy beer.. then i have to go around and stand in another long line to pay for my groceries.. and right 2 different checks.. this is very inconveniant and a big waist of time.. i will not be renewing my membership this year.. i will spred the word and i’m sure it will cost costco alot of business.. i know costco is a very big company and i know you won’t miss my business.. i’m just letting you know that whom ever came up with the big idea of making people wait in 2 seperate lines and write 2 seperate checks needs to find a job somewhere else.. his or her costumer skill suck…

04-10-2013 11:00 pm

A couple of months ago we bought a large bag of Kirkland Super Premium Adult Dog (chicken, rice and vegetable) for the first time for our Golden Retriever. After a couple of weeks he became quite ill, lost all energy, refused to eat, and the vet perceived stomach problems by feeling abdomen. The vet had no idea of the cause of problems, but medication and changing his diet to chicken and rice for a week or so returned him to his perky, happy self and he seemed thrilled each time he was fed. His dog food was gradually added back in and the chicken and rice eliminated, and he went markedly downhill again, losing energy, refusing to eat, clearly feeling ill. The chicken and rice worked again, though we didn’t give him meds or return to the vet. It finally occurred to us that the food might be the problem, so we switched him to a Science Diet food and he almost immediately recovered. The vet costs were $423. We would like that returned.
Thanks.

04-06-2013 11:00 pm

Hi, This is addressing a issue of Costco in the Calgary Beacon Hills MAll NW. I am just a frequent costco client and I buy most of my home grocery from costco. The thing that I love the best about costco is that you have a really good demonstration system where we can try out the food before making the decision of buying. However, I went there on Friday and saw something that really disturbed my mood and changed my view on costco.

A manager of the demonstration service, I believe that her name is Jeniffer( that what I heard what the others called her), shouting and screaming to a lady who is preparing the food. I do know that helping and training colleagues are necessary, but the way she was doing it clearly shows some kind of harassment. Me and several customers got really uncomfortable and scared at this situation. Please look into this, Thank you.

10-21-2011 11:00 pm

I have been a Costco member for many years but that ends today! To learn that you are selling meat that is Halal approved
is crazy! This is the USA! When you succumb to Muslim Sharia laws…….that is it!!!! How dare you! Wake up Costco!!!! Maybe you have been bought out by foreign interests! I am cutting up my card after I send this email and it will give me great pleasure! BTW….I plan on posting this on FB and telling everyone I know! You can bet you are going to loose many more customers! Extremely disappointed, Kathy Bird

09-01-2011 11:00 pm

About a week ago, before the September expiry of my 1 year Executive Membership (cost $100) at Costco here in Montreal,I went with two associates to the same store where I originally got the card, to: A. Cancel my card. (because after shopping for a year, my rebate came to $4.24 (big saving for a $100 investment). -and- B. Obtain the $10 referral rebate for a new member card for my associate. The $10 cash card was given, no problem, when he completed and paid for his regular membership card.

Then I clearly informed the lady behind the counter that I absolutely wished to NOT renew and to cancel my Executive Card immediately, before the Sept. 1 deadline. She told me, in effect, that’s nice but we ALREADY CHARGED your Costco American Express account another $100 [many weeks] ago. I don’t recall ever receiving an AMEX card, (I carry only one card, NOT American Express, to minimize credit charges and keep track) and told her so. I added that even IF I had obtained a Costco AMEX card, here I am- within any legal delay, and must cancel my membership, and IF they already made any such charge, to immediately cancel it.

She said that in effect, it was my problem, and that I should call some 800 number for Amex Customer Service, and if I can’t find my card, then they probably would send me a replacement card and account number upon which I could apply to cancel the renewal Costco membership charge adn THEN cancel that card! Talk about your needless red tape, time wasting and rigamarole!

So a few days later, I called American Express customer service and spoke with “Robb” who was situated at their call center in Ottawa and who told me the call was being recorded. He politely informed me that he has worked there for over a year, their policy had not changed with Costco and that there is no reason the Store, especially the same one I purchased the card at, as the merchant, should have NO PROBLEM cancelling the charges.

So out the revolving door, and another $30 of my time (it’ll take about an hour overall to go back) and let’s see if Costco will observe the advice I received on their policy, from the American Express point of view. Time is all we REALLY have to spend on this earth…and
what’s left of mine, is all the more precious day by day. No “Merci” to Costco, for having billed me two months before the expiry date (was it in the very fine print?) and putting me to all this trouble to “earn” $4.24 after shopping there for a year, at what are really less savings than at Zellers, Canadian Tire, Super-C and Maxi or Wal-mart stores for items on sale.

Btw, American Express’s Robb was very polite and while generally informative, he could not tell me how to obtain a copy of the recording of my conversation, nor the ‘interactive file no’ that such financial companies create with such recordings, which I will need to prove to Costco that their information was wrong.

07-12-2011 11:00 pm

In all our years of shopping in costco, my company, (buys dozens of oatmeal cookies and chocolate cookies per day) friends, relatives have rarely complained. Once in a while a product will be taken off the market and we live with it. This time around, for some ungodly reason, the bakery has decided to discontinue making oatmeal cookies? WHY? And surprisingly would prefer to keep other cookies and ridiculously out of control, over the top, 1000 calorie a slice chocolate cake in stock. SERIOUSLY!! We have not been able to get an explanation from anyone yet. Costco customer service were not even aware when I went up to ask why.

We are currently in the process of trying now to either find out which other food warehouse carries our favorite oatmeal cookies. It is worth the membership switch.

06-26-2011 11:00 pm

I’ve been a member of Costco for years and have bought the EXTRA FANCY mixed nuts. Over the years the product has decreased the quality of extra fancy. I’m greatly disappointed with the product. It should be labeled %50 almonds which is no different than %50 peanuts. I hate grabbing a handful of mixed nuts and over %50 almonds. The price goes up and the almonds increase. This is very disappointing to me. I surely hope that you relabel and lower the price or sale what you are advertizing FANCY MIXED NUTS and by the way the cashews are starting to catch up with the almonds. Very disapointed!!!!

06-24-2011 11:00 pm

Let me start by sayng Costco is my favorite store but I can’t help but notice that you have cut back on your supply of best seller books. I go to Costco at least once a week to check on new books and I usually buy something else as well, but now I find that you are not carrying the authors that you always did before and I have to buy from Amazon.com. I realize you can not carry everything but you have always had a pretty good supply of books and hopefully (if more people complain) you can revisit your buying of them. Thank you.

06-11-2011 11:00 pm

On my resent visit to Costco, to return something, everything was fine until the employee saw it was a food stamper purchase. She was unprofessional and made me feel like a was not a valid customer. After i gave her my card, she just threw it down and walked away. Costco needs to let there employees known when a customer is using food stamps they should treat them with respect. This was uncalled for and didn’t make me as a loyal customer feel very good about my purchase at Costco. How can I make sure this doesn’t happen again? There is no reason why I should feel inferior.

06-05-2011 11:00 pm

Today I only purchased 6 items. Because Costco makes no provisions for customers with only a few items, I got in a line and got stuck behind 2 back to back purchases of cell phones. This process took quite awhile since the manager had to be called since of couse there was a problem. When I finally made it through the line, then there was 2 LONG LINES of people backed up waiting to get their receipts inspected. What other store does this??!! NONE. You pay for your groceries and your on your way usually.

What would they do arrest you if you refused to stop at the door? I swear next time I’m going to make them follow me out of the store. Is this legal for them to make you stop? Also there are kids running around in the store putting their hands all over the food and Costco doesn’t seem to care. I also got food poisoning from eating the Foster Farms spicy chicken. I get so fed up with them moving their groceries around. This is a trick to make you buy more groceries. I’m fed up with Costco! From now on I’m only going to buy the minimum and give someone else most of my business.

03-03-2011 11:00 pm

I was at costco today….and of course the checkouts were crazy busy. Anyway there were two people ahead of me after about 15 minutes. One being served and then another in front. The person in front decides to leave. So I back up and allow her ample room to turn around and leave. This woman coming out of no where—on my right side tries to slip in front of me. I said ” I think not, I have been here for 15 minutes waiting. I then pushed my cart tight into the check out counter. I guess when I am hungry I get bitchy but today it was NOT going to happen….there i said my peace about costco.

02-27-2011 11:00 pm

I have been an Executive Member with Costco for years, and many years ago I had an American Express account with them that I had cancelled after only two months; no yearly fees but the insurance costs for any outstanding balance was enormous. So I officially closed the American Express account (seven years ago). But recently, with my 2% rewards bonus, came a notice that said, “On March 1, Costco Wholesale will automatically renew your membership on the credit card account noted in our records.” HOLY DOO DOO !!!!

This sentence was slipped-in the middle of a paragraph thanking me etc etc; I wasn’t even going to read the note attached to my 2% reward coupon. This has to be illegal !! I phoned Costco complaints department and they informed me that I could phone back in a couple of days and cancell it then, but that there were already charges on my account for them having re-instating my American Express account. My GOD what is this world coming to????

11-03-2010 11:00 pm

I had been long time Costco Executive Business member, but for last three years, Costco’s 2% check never comes on time. Every time you call they give you run about on it. For the last 6 weeks I have been calling them, but no response. Went to the Costco Store and informed member services, manager on duty NO response. Bottomline, rebate check for 2% is still missing? They have no response, or remedy and expect customers to keep calling them. This is going for atleast for last three years, every year keep calling for check.

Companies Like Costco