Customer Satisfaction Results
2.14 out of 5 Stars
107 Consumer Reviews

Costco
Complaint Department

Costco www.costco.com is a membership only warehouse retailer that specializes in low price, high volume inventory. Costco is publicly traded on NASDAQ:COST and reported revenues for 2014 as US 112 billion. With membership over 72 million, Costco warehouses number 672 throughout the US, England, Japan, Span, Mexico and South Korea to name a few countries. Employees numbered 189,000 during 2014.

If you need to contact Costco about a product or service call 1-800-774-2678. You may also send postal correspondence to CEO W. Craig Jelinek at P.O. Box 34331, Seattle, WA 98124. You may also find contact by phone and email here.

Price Club began in San Diego, CA in 1976. Costco began in Seattle, WA in 1983. In 1993 they merged. Social presence may be found on Facebook and YouTube.

Have you had problems with Costco?

Compare Costco to Similar Department Stores more...

Top 107 Reviews about Costco

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Costco customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

I was at the water bottled section of the store, last aisle, all the way at the back when I met the female employee with the name badge SABBY. When I already loaded in my cart the one (1) 5-gal box of Arrowhead water and leaving the area, Ms Sabby saw me rolling already my heavy cart full of stuffs away from the water section but she still continued to pull her dolly full of NESQWIK products and stopped my cart by holding the front cart without saying anything like "passing through, give way please" and she was with her serious face. She bumped my cart by her dolly and she didn't even say sorry. That was absolutely very rude.

Upvote (0)

My wife purchased three mens trousers for me. She had them altered and gave them to me as a gift. The item is Costco ITM/ACT 754084. The problem is that the fly zippers are too short. You have to pull your pants down to take a pee. This is embarrassing, especially in public restrooms. Been customers for more than fifteen years. Never had a problem. How much do you save by scrimping in the zippers? A few cents? If they were not altered I'd return them.

Upvote (0)

I would like to request Costco review the attitude of your employee at the Costco 1709 Automation Pkwy, San Jose, CA. This morning I called to order a pizza at 10:30am. She said the pizza will be done in half hour which means it will be available at 11:00am. I am living far away from the Costco at 1709 Automation Pkwy, San Jose, CA but I planned to pick up from there because it is on the way to my friend's house. I am OK if the pizza will not be as hot as it is just made.

However, when I came to pick up at around 11:50am, a Chinese lady who works there said I have to wait until they have spare pizza available because I was late. It seems she punished me because I was late. I was waiting for more than 15minutes and keep asking for picking up the pizza. She kept saying I had to wait because I was late. I saw many pizzas came out of the rack but she didn't want to give me. Finally, there was a Hispanic young cashier there saw me kept asking, she gave me the box of pizza from the shelf which I believed it already packed for me.

Thanks to this Hispanic cashier. I am very disappointed about the way a Costco employee treats customer like that. I hope it wouldn't happen again in the future to me as well as for other customers.

Upvote (0)

I was eating some milk chocolate raisins by Kirklands and got a grape vine stem in one. I'm not sure on your policy on this stuff but it was not something I expected from your products. My family shops at Costco a few times a month. I'd hate for that to stop and we all really enjoy your store you guys have furnished a few rooms in all our homes. To me this is a huge disappointment. I have taken pics of the product and the grape stem. If you need it I've also informed an sent pics to my parents. I will be waiting to hear from you guys soon on this matter. I have tried to send pics but for some reason this Email wont let me send them to show proof.

Upvote (0)

I went to my closest Costco on 11/29/15 - Ft. Myers store # 351. I normally shop twice a month at this Costco. I have a business membership which has cost me $200 - $275 per year since this store opened as I pay for myself and my employees. I have a Sam's club and BJ's that have opened closer to my home but have always liked the Costco products and service. I have noticed in the last year, but mainly in the last several months that the service has really gone down hill at this Costco. I see people every time I'm in with what seem to be major complaints at the service desk - I also had an issue within the last month and thought it was going to be taken care of on my visit to the store on Sunday - but it was not. Here is what happened.

On Sunday Nov. 29th I purchased two boxes of the Chicken Sandwiches that you carry. The next day I received your coupon book in the mail and it showed the Chicken Sandwiches with a coupon for $2.30 off per box. So a $4.60 savings. Now it costs me a $2.00 bridge toll to get from my home in Cape Coral FL to the Ft. Myers FL store so I figured when I went back mid month I would ask for my 4.60 back as I have always been able to do that. When I went in the store on 12/12 ( and spent $164.36 ) I went to the customer service desk to explain that I wanted to be refunded for the coupon price of the two boxes of Chicken sandwiches I had purchased two weeks prior even though I thought I had my receipt with me I could not find it quickly - I asked if he would be look up my last purchase receipt and I was told no that they don't look up receipts for coupon matching - only if we needed a refund for something.....I was not happy about it and told him that I would not be able to get back for at least two weeks again - I was told that as long as I got back to the store WITH MY receipt by 12/29 I would get the credit, but it was out of his hands, he could not look up my receipt.

So I did get back to Costco on Sunday 12/27 and made sure I took my receipt copy attached for you - only to be told by Amanda on the customer service desk that I was too late that the coupon expired on 12/24. I explained that I was told I had until 12/29 and that I had been in on 12/12 but the guy on the register would not look up my last receipt to verify my purchase and she also said it was against policy to do that for a coupon match. I then asked for a manager - this took an additional 6 minutes of standing there after already waiting in line for almost 15 minutes - for the 2nd time remember. The manager did give her the go ahead to refund the coupon purchase back to my AX card. So she said she did that - I guess I should have looked at the receipt when she handed it back to me but I did not. When I got home and put it with my other receipts to verify when I receive the bill I noticed that she had only credited me with $2.30 which would have been for one box - there was no limit to the purchase and we only discussed the fact that I was owed $4.60.

I feel that she did that on purpose, but that is besides the point. I am very frustrated that I had to go thru all that just to be able to use the coupon that Costco sent out. This should have been handled the first time I came in - it was not like I asked him to look through my last 6 months of receipts - it was the last one that would show up on my account. It may have taken him 2 or 3 min. tops.

I stood in line far longer than that while waiting for my turn. To make a long story a little shorter, I expect someone to refund my other $2.30 that was not refunded when I should have been on Sunday and at this point I am very sorry that I even renewed my Costco membership as I think they are a little over confident at that store. There is a Sams store within probably 5 miles of it and like I said earlier - I have a different Sams Club that just opened much closer to me and a BJ's that opened about 4 years ago that is closer to me as well - both are in Cape Coral, so no $2 bridge toll to pay either. So with that, if the service does not improve at this Costco I will not be renewing my office membership next September and I may just go ahead and discontinue my membership with the AX change in the spring. Let me know if what I encountered is standard procedure at all Costco's now or just what so I can make a determination.

Upvote (0)

I have been a costco executive member for many years, and I have never lodged a complaint until now. My complaint is about a product prepared by a company called feature foods international. The product I am complaining about is called herring fillets in wine marinate. This product is no longer what it use to be,it is totally different fish that I use to consume. I don't know the source of this particular fish product but I am curious to find out. It no longer taste the same, in fact it doesn't even taste like herring. These herring bits are tougher then the ones I use to consume. If there is no chance, I will no longer buy this product. The store I bought this product is Langley B C Canada.

Upvote (0)

Purchased online HOTPOINT WASHING MACHINE & TUMBLE DRYER delivered 10/11/15 to our new address which we moved into on 27/11/15. Used both items for first time 8/12/15 and found water pouring down front of tumble dryer & floor flooded.telephoned complaints dept. told it was one of the machines which had a fault & I would be contacted regarding this in due course it could be upto eight weeks. I was given another number To ring & was told they couldn't help & I should contact local store which I called & after waiting 30 minutes I put the phone down.

I tried every day and eventually spoke to Sue on 10/12/15 who called us back & said Mark at Sunbury would deal with it and call on Monday I contacted store spoke to Coleen & gave mobile number as well for Mark to call,no contact waited until 3.30pm left another message with Harjit. Called today 9 am after 3 mins.told to hang up no reply.We are in our 70's we can't cope with anymore stress & want a new machine or our money back before Christmas we cannot carrying on being fobbed off. Please treat this complaint as URGENT.

Upvote (0)

This is not a complaint to Melinda at Costco Optical. This is a complaint that the lab will not put new lenses into my sunglasses. I cannot get nike sunglasses made like this and I have looked over 1000 pages at Ebay. The glasses are 155 mm wide and fit me like a glove. The department will not refill because the frames are scratched. I have had these frames fills 3 times over the past two years. Once because my poly lens saved my eye. Really Costco lab, are you now so stuck up that you won't fill my work lens and call my frames too scratched? I am frustrated and pissed at the Costco corporate office.

Upvote (0)

Went to your South Center store to get a card replacement. After watching the disorganization of the employees at the merchandise return area I waited over a half an hour to have them tell me that there card machine was not working. So, they gave me a temp slip of paper good for 1 day. Now the next time I go to Costco I will have to wait in line again for who knows how long to try to replace my card. This is the second time that card machine has not worked when I have come to that store. You can't have employees trying to help other employees how to make transactions during the busy time of year. The lines are very long. I went 15 years before I got a Costco card and was talked into it from a friend I am beginning that it was a mistake.

Upvote (0)

This is specifically a complaint about DS Waters (aka Sparkletts Water, Alhambra, Costco Water) which was water delivery service contracted through Costco and not other Costco services. I am in the San Francisco Bay Area. I initially started water delivery service in September 2012. The deliveries were usually within one day of the scheduled delivery date for the first couple of years and the empty bottles were exchanged for the new ones outside of my apartment door in the building were I live. This all changed by September of 2015. Water delivery was very sketchy and if delivered at all, was usually left outside of the building in an area that is not secure. Since I left the empty bottles inside of the building, these were not taken and deposits not credited.

I cancelled service by telephone at 5:01pm on October 20, 2015 after a 26 minutes wait. After the customer service attempted to convince me to stay with the service (as expected), he agreed to cancel it and said that the empty bottles would be picked up on the regularly scheduled service date of November 2, 2015. The bottles were not picked up and more bottles were left outside of the apartment building. A worker doing construction for our building helped me drag the bottles into the lobby so that the homeless people would not use them as bowling balls down the hilly street. I checked the caller ID on my phone and no attempt had been made to call from the call-box for entry as usual. I contacted DS Waters several times via email with no response. Reviews on Yelp and BBB rating is one of the worst I have every seen with many people experiencing very similar issues. I find it difficult to understand why Costco would continue to maintain any kind of business relationship with DS Waters and would like their help resolving it.

Upvote (0)

I have been a Costco member for a number of years and was absolutely horrified, outraged and saddened by the customer service treatment I received at the Langley Costco 2015Nov28 around 2:00 pm. I was in the front part of the store where certain items are often featured for promotion or sale. Among the items was a big box of extra wide Christmas paper that was being offered at discount. There was a small unattended 3 step ladder in front of the box that had a sign on it that it was not to be moved from the area. The sign didn't say the step ladder could not be used just that it was not to be use. I thought it had been put there on purpose to allow the customers to gain access to the wrapping paper as it was a big box.

I had been standing the bottom rung of the ladder for a few seconds before an extremely rude sales person YELLED at me to get off the ladder as it was not met for customer use. I apologized immediately and explained that I thought it was there for customer use. I was so horrified and humiliated (it's not nice to be yelled at in front other customers) that I immediately said I didn't see anything I wanted and left. Even my partner was upset by the incident and said she had never seen anything like it and she has been in retail management for more than 50 years. The whole event put me off for the rest of the afternoon and I felt bad for the rest of the day. I can understand your staff feeling harried during the Christmas season but that behavior was definitely uncalled for and should not be repeated under any circumstance.

I think a nice Christmas basket is in order to apologize for such mean and thoughtless behavior.

Upvote (0)

Prior to Costco's recent e-coli problem in your chicken salad we've had two experiences with improperly prepared food products. We've quit buying your rotisserie chickens because we've found them to be undercooked. There's nothing grosser than an undone chicken. Under cooked chicken is a source for e-coli. We've had to finish roasting them in the oven to make them edible. We recently purchased one of your pumpkin pies. The pumpkin filling was not thoroughly cooked in the center. It was runny like soft pudding. Again we found it to be inedible.(Pies contain eggs which undercooked can cause e-coli). We fed the uneaten pie to our neighbors pigs. We shop at your Union Gap WA store and live 30 miles away so it's not convenient to return a product like that.

We reported both experiences to one of your store managers in Union Gap.Unfortunately I didn't get his name. He was a young Asian man. He pretty much blew me off telling me that Costco have processes in place to insure that what we experienced can't happen. Excuse me. That response is what prompted me to pursue it further. We've been a Costco member since 1984 and haven't encountered any unsatisfactory issues with a product until now. When someone reports a food related issue that may have health effects you need to pay attention and believe what you're being told.

Upvote (0)

I have an activated Debit card and it hasn't worked at the Clybourne gas pumps twice. I use my Debit Card successfully in the store and am puzzled why the pump denies my the ability to purchase gas. I assure you that I have more than enough funds to be able to fill my tank; the woman attending the pump said she thought that I had a limit on the amount of purchases....but I assure you this is not the case. I would appreciate it if you would look into the matter as I became a member of Costco to be able to take advantage of the low gas prices.

Upvote (0)

I am complaining that you are discontinuing Kirkland Organic Rice Milk. We have kids with food allergies and are on a limited budget. We need you to please not take this off your shelves. We are in San Diego and use the La Mesa store mostly. I believe I speak for a lot of others. I noticed there even was a blog about it.

Upvote (0)

I am a long time Costco customer. We shop frequently between the town of Novato, and Richmond in Northern California because both these two stores are close to where we live. I have quite a few very unpleasant experiences returning products at your Richmond facility. The return personnel made frequent unfriendly complaints about much trouble I case them to go through the refund process, and that I shall return the goods from the same store that I purchase from. ...

However; I did not see that clause from any of the Costco return policies. It seems to me if the Costco policy is such; the Costco workers shall validate the store policy and treat the customers with respect instead of insulting the customers. The comments of the workers at the Return Department @ your Richmond facility in Northern California are totally unprofessional, inappropriate, and unpleasant.

Upvote (0)

A lock nut on my spare tire mount is missing due to mishandling of service technician. I don't know who or how they lost it but bottom line, it is missing. I am sure it was in there when they took my car in to replace all 4 tires at their store. I just had installed the flat tire before I took it in for their service. My instructions was to install back the spare tire I used on the tire mount. To make matters worst is to tell me that the lock nut was not in there This locknut is to secure the spare tire from being easily stolen. The problem now is, when I try to find out the status of my complaint, I get being bounce off from various telephones instead of addressing the problem directly since it is not a big item. This is a customer service issue of Costco.

Upvote (0)

Tire service technician misplaced a locknut on my spare tire mount on Friday, November 13, 2015. This happened when they replaced all four tires on my car. I would like a replacement of the lug nut that the service technician lost or would like to find out what is being done about it. After speaking with someone in customer service it appears I will need to escalate my problem to corporate to get satisfaction!

Upvote (0)

Let me preface by saying I have shopped at Costco for years and have never had a bad experience. Lately I have noticed more new faces than old faces at Costco. My daughter and I were shopping today. The cashier, Vanessa, advised my daughter, in a rude manner, she had to purchase 2 packages of bagels or put one back. My daughter was aware but in her haste forgot, she left to get the other package of bagels. The cashier finished ringing up the groceries before my daughter returned. She made a rude comment about her leaving to get the bagels if she were paying. I felt the comment was uncalled for. She turned and continued to make comments to the cashier that was standing nearby.

I made a comment about missing the old cashiers, as I had not seen her before. She stated she was an old cashier. I don't think she should be working in the forefronts with the customers. This employee was very rude. We were going to order from the food court as well as update out membership, but because of her, we did not. I understand people may have bad days, we are all human, but if anything she should have just kept her opinions to herself. My daughter and I have both worked customer service and both viewed her behavior as unacceptable. You never want to make a customer feel like they are an inconvenience to you. Someone needs to let her know. This is the store in Merced Ca on R Street.

Upvote (0)

I phoned up to cancel and order. The operative assured me she would email and get the shipment stopped, then email me and the money would be returned. The next thing I know I get an email saying my item had shipped! The order had been cancelled it is of no use to me. How do I go about getting my money back? If not I will write a letter to the CEO.

Upvote (0)

11-7-15 My concern and complaint is valid and needs immediate attention please. My records as a Costco customer are on file for you to review! Please have a corporate officer contact me at 202-538-6103 Lamoda Inc. ask for Fajam. Your store had me charged falsely for stealing a pack of socks that your cashier failed to ring up and was accused as thief before leaving the store by your Costco Loss Prevention. I am not a thief and very humiliated and disappointed on how the situation was handled and the loss of my Costco Membership due to a misunderstanding and improper handling and address of the situation. I am a very successful business person in this community that spends a great deal of money every month in your Corporation. I would have been more than happy to pay for these socks along with the rest of my order that totaled 413.46. I would like to resolve this minor misunderstanding prior the expense of getting attorneys involved

Upvote (3)

i bought a pair of prescription eye glasses at the Costco store in the Christiana Delaware Mall. The glasses have a protective coating on the outside of the lenses which starts to wear off after several months and after 2 or 3 years you have smudge or smear marks on the outside of your lenses that just keep getting worse and worse. But, you don't know what causes this and you keep cleaning your glasses after each time you look at them, because you think that they are dirty from oils on your hands, etc. But the real problem is the coating on the lenses which is terrible and doesn't last. I have $2.00 reading glasses that are better than the $120.00 glasses I bought at Costco. There are no smears or smudges on the $2.00 glasses that I have and I have bought lots of pairs over the years. If I am having this problem, then so is everyone else that buys these glasses from Costco with the protective layer. No one in the store will help you with this problem. The sales people and those who I spoke to in the Costco eye glass department are well award of this problem and just want to sell you a new pair of glasses and think it is O. K. to sell this junk to the paying public. Only a class action law suit will change their minds in my opinion. Let me know what the management of Costco thinks. No one else really cares.

Upvote (0)

I called the Costco pharmacy to check on a prescription I dropped off yesterday. The lady I gave it to said that she would have to call and verifie the information with the doctor. So I called the next evening to check on it. The lady on the other end of the phone was extremely rude her name was Nusrat. She first tried to tell me they did not have my prescription. Then she left me on hold for an extremely long lime while she went to look for it. Every time I tried to ask her a question she would cut me off and tell me that if I would quit talking I'd know. And after she was done she never did answer my question. When I tried to tell her that I didn't understand what she was saying she hung up on me. I had to call back to get her name. Horrible customer service from Costco, and no apology none at all. She could of careless if she was rude or not. I still don't have the info I needed.

Upvote (1)

Good afternoon! Last Friday I was assisted by Amanda in the photo department. I called her after the app was giving me issues uploading my pictures to be developed. She was very helpful and assisted me some of my pictures that had come thru incorrectly. When I arrived to pick up late that evening around 8pm we ordered pizza to go then headed to photo where Amanda assisted me with a very professional and helpful manner! Even the other gal working with her was sweet and presentable. (Sorry didn't get her name). After we purchased the pictures we headed back to pick up our pizza. As it was late due to my husband getting off work later than usual we were very hungry.

I went to the car with my two and seven cranky children and I was on a knee scooter and in pain due to a recent surgery. After 30 more mins my husband finally got back to the car to find a very "hungry" wife and two very upset children. My husband said they forgot to put in our order and not only ours but 3 other people there as well. They offered no apologize, discount or refund. I was very upset and not happy with the poor customer service. I personally would have gone up and spoken with them but we're hungry, tired and with my knee scooter it just wasn't convenient. I just wanted to give kudos to the good employee and also mention about the poor customer service that is not normally received at our local Costco. Hopefully this can be rectified. Thank you for your time and hope your day is well!.

Upvote (0)

When I entered Clackamas, Oregon Costco warehouse the carts were wet because of the rain. As I was lining up to enter, the lady employee on the front door was wiping the cart of the customer handle with a towel. She did wipe the customer cart in front of me and the customer behind me but skip me completely. Since the cart handle was wet and cold I asked if she could let me borrow the towel. Although she was holding a towel she directed me to get the towel across on the other side. After I finished wiping my own cart, I left the towel near her. When I walk away about 20 ft, she yelled at me like this:" Hey lady you stole my towel " That was in front of a lot of people. I was very embarrassed because at the age of 70 I never been called a thief. I called the manager and told him about it. we have a little chat and I continued my shopping. I was not able to shop around because I was traumatized. I am planning to take legal action, because of emotional stress. When I got home I called the corporate office of Costco to complaint and talked to Pete and explained the incident to him. He told me that he will email the top manager in Clackamas, OR Costco.

Upvote (3)

I purchased a star wars costume for my grandson. The darth vader light saber that comes with the costume does not work. There is no information on the included cardboard setup on how to return the defective light saber. The only information included is Disney.com. How do I get a light saber that works? With no contact information included I am stuck with a defective one.

Upvote (0)

I have been a member for at least 30 years. Every time I go from the regular account to the executive account, I pay some money to do so. At the time i'm buying my groceries, they come over and tell me that I should upgrade because I spend enough to make it work. Now for the last couple times i have done this, when I receive my renewal. It is not close to being enough. So I down grade. This time I spent about 23 dollars to upgrade and received a check for 7 dollars and 14 cents. What good did that do me!!! none? Your Right... None.. Seems like a scam to me. I will not upgrade my account ever again. If I even consider renewing it. I think if you didn't charge a yearly fee just to come buy stuff. You would have more business than you could shake a stick at. And you wouldn't even need the fees you charge. Wont you please consider making this easier on all of us who want to keep shopping there.

Upvote (0)

I bought a pair of prescriptions reading glasses about 4 years ago. After about a year or two I started to notice a mark at the edge of the lenses. I would try to clean this but the mark or smear would not go away. Eventually the smear or mark kept getting bigger and bigger and now the smear covers the lenses from the corner where it started to the center of the lens. I went to the Costco store in the Christiana Mall Shopping Center and talked to a sales person and got no satisfaction at all. I was told that there is a protective covering on the outside of the lenses that wears off and this is what is causing the smear. I am very unhappy with the glass selling department for selling me a pair of glasses that only last a short period of time.

I am sure that everyone who buys glasses with this protective coating is having the same problem that I am having. I bought glasses 40 years ago and they are just fine. I have 10 pairs of $2.00 reading glasses in the house and have never had a problem. Please, stop selling these glasses or you will eventually have a class action lawsuit on your hands when someone's vision is impaired and they have an accident driving or some other accident. No one really at Costco cares..I was told I need to just buy a new pair of glasses.

Upvote (0)

I parked car my car four lanes away from Costco. There was a young man getting carts he hag a huge orange cart and left it between my car and another. I turned around real quick. As the orange cart ran in the the back of my car (right side ) I ran to stop it but did not make it on time. I told him what the hell happened I just got my car painted four days ago. As he giggled I asked who was his manager. He said I don't know there's a lot of them that's when I got his name and marched into the store asking for a Manager, Denise this is store 31 in Fresno Ca. She came out and took picture with a cell phone and asked me some question and got my address and phone number.

Regardless of how small or big it is it's the principle I just took my car out of the shop on September 29. I paid good money to paint my car to look better. 2008 Nissan Altima. Denise said that he laughed because he was nervous that was bull. I feel like no one cared. Denise stated I can't pay you out for this. No one was asking her to. But my car is going to get fixed one way or another. Even if I have to publish in the newspaper or get ahold of a local news station. But I won't stop until this gets resolved. I work hard for some young man to laugh at the situation and that made it worse. Denise at Costco store 31 said it would take five days for someone to call me back. I will not stop here especially after I paid for my car to look better.

Upvote (0)

I had bought toilet paper there a year or so ago and it was as good as Charmin but cost a little less. Now it is a little wider sheet but the thickness is as thin as single ply.....takes twice as much and the cost is 50 cents a roll the same as Charmin. I won't buy anymore that's for sure.

Upvote (0)

It all started when i went to membership dept. returned items dept. over an approved item i wanted a credit for. the 2 girls were going back and forth between membership line and return line....they told me to go to the back of the line. they should have gone with the next customer in line no matter what since they were going back and forth not keeping somebody stable at the return line....a man said you were ahead of me go ahead and be taken care of....when i was, the young gal said to me where is the returned item. I said i was out of the country and I couldn't give the bad asparagus to her. I already had approval to get a credit from my phone call to costco prior to my trip to japan. Now she says, you could have frozen it. I said I'm not freezing something rotten in my freezer plus mine is small. she continued to say it will take longer to get this done because i have to call someone....i said fine.

Meanwhile my husband was somewhere in this huge store and I finally had the credit and his card; I couldn't find him, so I asked several guys can I have him paged since I had been throughout the store searching for him. They said we have no paging system...I said REALLY, even Walmart has a paging system in case of things like this....Still not finding him, I went to the door greeter, and I asked why there wasn't a paging system. Her answer was Costco can't afford one, it's too much money....What do they think I'm stupid. I found her to be very sarcastic and unfriendly. I went back in the store and i found two costco guys there, i told them my problem. now they helped me by asking me to describe my husband. they were great and they helped me physically find him....this happened on september 20, 2015 at 5201 s. intermountain drive, murray, utah 84107. This was a bad experience and I feel the customer is right and the employees should be more helpful. I would appreciate your help in this matter since I love shopping at Costco. This day I rate 1 for a very bad experience.

Upvote (0)

I went into Costco to pick up my new glasses - well I along with another lady waited 45 minutes to be waited on - There were 2 girls at the desk - one got up and left without explanation - she could have said "I"m sorry but I have to go to lunch at this time but someone wiill be with you shortly" but she just left - 10 minutes later another staff person came to the optical dept and said to the other girl "why did you not call me off the register if so & so went to lunch" No answer - My recommendation to Costco is to give the people pagers like restaurants do - I would have completed all my shopping and not stood and waited at the optical department for 45 minutes. Also, I probably would have spent more $$ - but was so frustrated I just left. Also the other gal who was in front of me on the list almost left because she had to pick her child up from the school bus and now had to come back to do her shopping - not smart Costco!! the few $$ it would take to do a pager system would more than make up for the cost by the customer shopping during the time frame of waiting.

Upvote (0)

On 7/31, I went to my Costco warehouse in Eureka, California to purchase a cash card to buy gasoline. I usually did this in the optical department where the waiting lines were usually shorter. While there, I usually have my glasses cleaned and staff suggested straightening them. Trina pulled on the temple breaking the glasses--the only ones I have. She said that the glasses were old (purchased in 1/2014 elsewhere as a gift) and if they were going to break, they would break anyway.

I was shocked at her attitude and fetched a manager from administration. Trina went on to say that the services were used at the customer's risk, and that Costco was not liable. She was snotty and her attitude needed work. She proceeded to Tiger glue them together so that I could drive home. As glue melts the plastic frames, I have learned, they fell a part on Sunday. As I only purchase gas there and had renewed my membership that very day, I am considering requesting the membership money returned and cancelling my membership.

Upvote (0)

I purchased a chicken Caesar salad from the food court today, got back to work to eat it and found that it was very old. The lettuce was brown and not good enough to eat. I'm surprised because Costco has always had very good, fresh food. It will probably be a while before I go back.

Upvote (0)

I purchased your Kirkland brand tuna fish for many years. I loved your tuna because of it's pure white color. I purchased a new 7-0z package of solid white albacore tuna and have noticed that the quality is definitely not the same. The tuna no longer has it's pure white color. It has pieces of pink and brown of which I threw out because of the color that I find unappetizing.

I have always told people that your tuna fish was the best but I along with others have noticed the change. Can you explain to me why the quality of your tuna fish is not the same? If the cans of tuna fish don't go back to it's original pure white quality that I have enjoyed over so many years, I and those who I have inspired to purchase your tuna fish, will no longer buy the Kirkland brand. I hope this situation will be resolved quickly.

Upvote (0)

I visit Louisville, KY an average of once a month to care for my 89 year old mother who suffers from dementia. I frequent the Costco at 5020 Norton Healthcare Blvd at least once during each visit. I must say that I was shocked and appalled by the unprofessional and cavalier attitude of the "lady" who checks items and receipts as you exit the store.

Not only was she rude, as she had her back to me while speaking to Ron who was working on the entrance side, but when she does turn to take my receipt, she doesn't say hello or address me at all. She then proceeds to go thru my basket with a fine tooth comb to ensure I'm not stealing anything.

Please understand, since I don't steal, it makes no difference to me that she scrutinized my cart as every item was paid for, but then, as if in disgust that she didn't find an item that wasn't paid for, hands me my receipt and says absolutely NOTHING!!! I looked her straight in the eye and said: "THANK YOU!!", in the most sarcastic tone possible. Only then does she reply, "thank you." I said to her, "what an attitude." She then replies as I walked away: "I got it from you."

Now, this "lady" was old enough to be my mother, but as I walked to my car, I realized that this type of behavior shouldn't exist in customer service so I decided to walk back to the entrance and ask to speak to a manager. I chose not to speak to her because I felt that I might curse her if she presented the same attitude again and being a man of color, and she being white, I wasn't going to allow this petty woman the opportunity to say that she feared for her safety.

Also, since Ron and the young man who worked the cash register were so polite and PROFESSIONAL, it made sense to speak to one of them. Ron called over one of the managers who worked that day, Alyssa Lawson who was polite, but I'm certain said nothing to the lady except that I complained about her attitude.

I am still going to contact the Corporate office to lodge a complaint so that they can be made aware of the event and also that, if an employee isn't prepared to provide professional customer service to ALL of the potential customers, maybe they should seek employment elsewhere. This occurred at COSTCO on 05/11/15 at approx 7:48pm.

Upvote (2)

I purchased flowers from Costco for Mother's Day , this is my second time buying flowers from Costco because my first experiance was great, the flowers were exactly as advertised, this is why I returned for another purchase. The flowers I picked looked as if it was a big beautiful arrangement , they showed up the size of any store flower shop which cost anywhere between $ 15 - 20 dollars tops , I paid $ 70 for the same amount of flowers.. Costco cheated their customer with this purchase I am very disapointed and feel as though Costco needs to make it right.

Upvote (0)

I am a senior citizen with 2 really bad knees. On most of my visits to Costco, I am asked to wait over along the wall while an employee looks for a scooter. I was informed that my store had 5 scooters, which he thought was a big deal. Five scooters for a store of this magnitude, are you kidding me?!?! How about taking a survey of how many seniors and disabled people use these scooters. I am pretty sure you will be surprised.

Well while I'm at it, how about a few more handicap parking spots. You know there are a lot of us baby boomers out here. Also I have filled out a complaint form in the store before----NO ANSWER! Your consideration would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote (0)

We like the Kermanig Bakery plain pitas. Since they are not a regular stocked item, we stock up when we find them at a Costco Roadshow. We went to Costco 420 Oxnard and found out Kermanig would be at your Santa Maria Ca. store #24 on May1-May 3. We decided to make the drive 230 miles roundtrip on Saturday morning only to find out Kermanig had run out of the plain pita product. They seem to push their flavored pitas and were not too concerned about being out of stock. We may have to look elsewhere.

Upvote (0)

Re joined as membership had lapsed, whilst at work BMI The Chiltern Hospital 22 April 15 was given an incentive "Join Today & receive £5 voucher off identified 3 items of Free something else". Whilst stipulating my local Costco was Milton Keynes the Costco representative did not at anytime explain the voucher would not be valid other than at Reading. The lady was very engaging but I feel quite cross at this lack of honesty, whilst the £5 is not going to break me, it's the lack of being correct in information given. Poor show Costco!!!

Upvote (0)

I have been trying to phone the online returns department for 3 weeks every time i am put on hold today i was on hold for almost 1 hour and every other time over 30 mins this has happened 7 times in total. I emailed customer care only to get a automated reply telling me to phone the number i was complaining about!

Upvote (0)

I applied for an opening at the Costco store in my town, Wichita, Ks. I have experience from working at Sam's club, but they did not wish to hire me after my first interview. I was properly dressed, spoke and answered all questions properly, I had a resume online and in person. I live walking distance from the store, and I have open availability. I feel like it was discrimination for being a Sam's employee.

Upvote (0)

Applied a RV refinance loan with ESSEX credit as advertised in COSTCO website on 21 APR 2015. Since then I did not receive a response from them. It says on their ad that a response will be done in 2 days. I called several times left messages to check the status, they referred me to the same person with no response. As a customer, I need to know the status, been with Costco, used services offer with no problem.

Upvote (0)

I have been shopping in Costco of Nanuet, NY since the stored opened. I have purchased the large bags of frozen strawberries for over ten years without complaint. In the last few months, the packing of the strawberries changed. No, the packing changed but the quality of the strawberries is very, very poor quality. They are tasteless. I wrote in a complaint at the store a few weeks ago and did not get a response.

Upvote (0)

I received two baby Carter ℅ die sets size 12 months for my one year old grandson as birthday gifts, but he wears a size 18 months. Tags were on them. The employee never even looked at my items. I tried to exchange them for a bigger size but Costco would not exchange them without a receipt or the purchaser's Costco membership number. Their website nor was there a sign on the wall stating this policy.

As a matter of fact the Costco website states they will make every effort. Ha. I was astonished. I emailed Customer service. And they said there may be a safety issue or torn issue in their reply. It was like an automatic reply. It didn't make sense. I am getting no help from everyone. It's as if they make up return policies as they go along day to day. Is this legal? Please advise.

Upvote (0)

I have been a member of Costco since 11/2004. I live 5 blocks away from the location on East 117th Street. I choose to drive all the way to Yonkers not to have to deal with how unprofessinal the staff are on 117th Street. Yesterday 4/20/15, I decided to go to the Costco on East 117th Street. While waiting in the scanning line, there was another member in front of me who had a language barrier and did not speak/understand English. The staff member there by the name of Jewel was extremely disrespectful to this member. She yelled at the customer, and her tone was out of line. I also asked her if that line takes cash and she again yelled and disrespectfully said NO! to me. I spoke to a supervisor there who was very dismissive and said that " she is very aggresive". Once I told him that I need to speak to another supervisor, he said that he will take care of it. I am a member and pay my memebership all these years to shop at a place where I won't get disrespected. This was rude, unprofessional and just plain wrong. Makes me want to cancel my membership altogether.

Upvote (0)

My Roomate got a costco card so we can buy supplies for our house. But when we tried to pay, they let her split the transaction so that I could pay for my items separately. However, the clerk would not take my cash because it was from my wallet and not hers. I understand if it was my debit card but I was paying with cash to help lower the cost as she can't afford hundreds at a time. The fact that the cashier felt it appropriate to ask if it was my cash then explained that even married couples don't get exceptions. I find that hard to believe that married couples can't use each other's card. We felt it was wrong as if the cash was in her hand she would have taken it, and she also made us feel like she was implying we are a couple which we aren't! Horrible service and not worth the savings.

Upvote (0)

I have purchased your bbq cooked chicken twice over the past few years. The first one was very salty and when re-heated very soft and tasteless. I purchased another today and it tasted very very salty. I have high blood pressure and the sodium content was shocking and tasted like salt water. I enjoy most meat and poultry products from Costco. Very disappointing and very unhealthy. I would appreciate an email back at deanrkennedy@hotmail.com. this experience makes me wonder about the actual quality of your meat, poultry and produce.

Upvote (0)

About two weeks ago, we bought a bundle of Kirkland Signature Premium BIG roll paper towels. ITM./ART. 512599, Scan #: 96619 72205 1.
These paper towels should not be marketed as they leave residue like "lint" whenever cleaning (with Windex) any type of glass which includes windows, mirrors, TV screens, etc. Therefore, it is probably not good to use even on counter tops, etc. I am very disappointed by the mislabelling and would like a full refund to better paper towels.

Upvote (0)

Manager at tukwila store was extremely rude at the door when I asked for temporary card. Lied to me, said he looked up my membership and it was expired when in fact it was not I shopped at the kirkland location instead whos staff verified my membership was active. Worst costco manager at tukwila ive ever seen, and ive shopped at 5 other washington locations with pleasent experiences every time. Not going back to that location again!

Upvote (0)

Purchased a 70" TV a couple of weeks before Christmas 2014. Turns out it had a problem. Because of its size, I had to impose on someone with a big enough vehicle to bring it home. When I called concierge they thought the problem was correctable with some turn off/turn on mechanics. The mechanics did not work and the next day I called Concierge back. They set up a conference call with the manufacturer. The Manufacturer offered to replace it or repair it. When I discussed it COSTCO's concierge assured me that if the TV was replaced the 90 day exchange would start again from the day the replacement took place. I was also told that while one service would deliver the set, another service would then come to set it up.
I was particularly interested in whether the 90 day return policy would begin when the replacement set was delivered/installed and was unconditionally assured it would. My concern about the return policy was a function of the fact the 90 day return period had not yet expired and I could return the defective set and purchase a new one which would give me a new 90 day period. I was concerned about returning the set if defective as a friend had purchased the same set and had experienced the identical problem. If the replacement set had the same problem/defect I wanted the option to return the set.
After the replacement set was delivered, I discovered that, notwithstanding the Concierge's representation, no installation crew would be coming. I am disabled and had to impose on a friend to install it. When I sought confirmation from COSTCO that the return period started anew I was told that they had arranged for a transfer of the warranty to the replacement set BUT the return policy would not start anew and had, in fact, expired. I was hopeful; it will not be an issue, that the replacement set will operate properly, BUT I was duped. I could have returned the original set and purchased a new one and had a new 90 day period. It was only because their representations that I accepted the replacement set.
Not a big deal unless there is a problem with the replacement set in which case I want to return it. I understand that all calls are taped and I wrote requesting that the calls I had with Concierge be retained as if there is any problem with the replacement set I intend to return it even if it means hiring a lawyer to do it. I do not like to be duped.

Contact the Costco Complaint Department