Costco Customer Service

Contact Costco Corporate

Toll free phone number: 425-313-8100

Costco www.costco.com is a membership only warehouse retailer that specializes in low price, high volume inventory. Costco is publicly traded on NASDAQ:COST and reported revenues for 2014 as US 112 billion. With membership over 72 million, Costco warehouses number 672 throughout the US, England, Japan, Span, Mexico and South Korea to name a few countries. Employees numbered 189,000 during 2014.

If you need to contact Costco about a product or service call 1-800-774-2678. You may also send postal correspondence to CEO W. Craig Jelinek at P.O. Box 34331, Seattle, WA 98124. You may also find contact by phone and email here.

Price Club began in San Diego, CA in 1976. Costco began in Seattle, WA in 1983. In 1993 they merged. Social presence may be found on Facebook and YouTube.

Upset with Costco?

File a complaint here!

Reach Costco Headquarters

Send your feedback directly to the management team

• Costco corporate office

• 999 Lake Drive
    • Issaquah
    • WA 98027

425-313-8100

Top Costco Complaints

I bought a box of strawberries 907g with £6.49 from hays warehouse in uk registered store in England no 2635489. I found few strawberries moldy and rotten when opened the box but next morning found all moldy while kept in the fridge. I am very disappointed with this product as i am finding every time few moldy in the box.

Comment (0)

We reside in Ontario Canada 3-4 months each year. We left to drive to Canada the end of June. Because of that we couldn't take along our new Costco Visa card. We did have our old original Costco card ID with us and the now defunct Amex card. In the past we could use that at the Kitchener store. Our usual store is in Tucson on East Grant.

Because of the distance involved I wrote the Guelph store if we could shop there with that old card. After 6 weeks and several attempts the store never wrote back. We didn't want to drive 30-40 minutes to find they wouldn't let us shop there. I prefer having issues addressed in writing. The fact the Guelph store couldn't find the courtesy to write us back makes us feel like never using our card in Canada again. We leave back to the States in a week and return next summer.

Comment (0)

The cashier, Lindsay R, did greet me and say hello. However, while scanning the items she was in conversation with the other person putting the items back in the cart. His name was Dalton. He did not say hello nor acknowledge me. They talked the entire time about Dalton and his job being in jeopardy; he was telling Lindsay about his discussion with his supervisor. He was in a way mocking his reprimand, with a grin on his face. I find that totally inappropriate talk in front of a customer... and he was not paying attention to his work. He loaded the cart totally unorganized and carelessly.

On the way to the car, a jar of mayonnaise fell off the cart and split and the laundry detergent. Inspected the items and seemed to be OK, so we loaded the car. Upon unloading the car at home, there was something that was all over the paper towels, toilet paper, water, everything back there... noticing that the cap of the Dawn dish soap we had purchased had been flipped open, we thought that is what was leaking. Come to find out, it was the liquid laundry detergent leaking all over. Apparently it had sustained a crack when it fell from the cart. Had Dalton been paying attention to what he was doing, he probably wouldn't have put the mayonnaise and laundry detergent on the top of a full cart half-ass.

We are now home and have laundry detergent all over the back of the car and every item we unload has sticky laundry detergent over it. Not only are we covered in detergent, our garage floor is a mess...
We have spent all evening cleaning the garage floor and back of the car. It has been total hell trying to clean up liquid laundry detergent without creating even more of a mess.

The total lack of care Dalton does his job is disturbing and shows me he doesn't care about customers or the negative this puts on Costco. I don't think Costco would appreciate this kind of employee. Hmmm, funny they were talking about him being reprimanded for his job performance and he still was continuing to be carless. I would think that Lindsay would squash any conversation of such in front of customers, but I believe she brought the subject up with him.

We spent over $220.00 this particular trip (which is about average for us) and are very disappointed in the customer service we received and the complete carelessness and lack of care in the employees. Not to mention the hours we have had to spend away from our family as we clean up the mess in our garage and car. It probably never will fully be out of the car... can't send the car through several rinse cycles.

We would appreciate a letter of acknowledgement and apology from Costco and some compensation for our time and trouble the employees put upon us with this trip to Costco. We look forward to hearing back from Corporate.

Comment (0)

Once again I was dispensed the wrong medication at pharmacy. 1st time was proper meds but double the dosage. This time was a refill. 90 tablets of the wrong medication. Spoke to warehouse manager over 1 week ago. Pharmacy manager, Sue, was to call me. Still waiting. Their only interest is getting bottle back. Think this needs further investigation and report to state agency. Find the communication there does not exist and the Costco mission statement has not been followed or honored.

Comment (0)

I purchased an extended warrantees for myself and my wife purchasing cell phones at Costco in Holbrook. In April my phone died and I called up Square Trade and they said they will replace the phone but I must send it back fast or be charged for the phone. My wife upon receiving my phone put on the appropriate stickers on the package. But didn't realize it should have gone fed Ex, we mailed it back via the post office but with all the tags of info required on the package, as well as we purchased a tracker to find it in April

Based upon what they said on the square trade statement we were expecting a bill if anything went wrong within their time slot, which was within a month time. With appropriate notice there would have been no problem we would have been prepared. The problem started August 4th my wife's phone had issues and I called up Square Trade and they informed me I owe them $700.00 for my old phone. They cited I am responsible since we used the wrong mailing agency and thus the don't have the tracking number. I asked why they never contacted me and they said that they emailed me. That is the only way they do business.

I never received their emails, and they don't mail out bills, so I was totally in the dark about this. Since I was dealing with a Costco product I thought it would be professionally done, and mailing out bills and notices is the usual protocol of getting bills. The question is do they have a responsibility to let the consumer know their is a problem .Is emailing the appropriate way of letting a consumer know their is a problem. I for one browse my emails I generate a huge amount of them and am afraid to open up unknown emails out of fear of virus which my computer seems to grow. But opun checking my computer for them, they did not seem to exist.

Because of their insistence of getting their phones back fast I feel that they have a duty as well to act as they expediently as well, this allows the consumer to get information that might be time sensitive. Unfortunately after four months I couldn't the receipt from the post office, and too much time has gone by for them to generate a copy. If they did the right thing I would have had the problem finding or getting another receipt. They don't know if the package is in their warehouse and they are too disorganized to find it. Nor will they intercede with the post office since they were receiving the package. But i honestly feel they have it and cannot find it. Talking to their representative I asked what is their mailing address he could not find it. This scared me if he could not find their address how could they find my phone

Perhaps we do owe some responsibility but they too as well. Its very easy to lay the blame on me. On the other hand they expect me to pay $700 dollars am I suppose to email it to them or are they going to mail me a bill. The other question I have if a person has not responded via emails should they not call or should I dare say mail out a bill.

Comment (0)

Costco employees checking bills are very rude staff and does not know that when you ask to search someone, does not mean grab their bag off their back! Not all colored people are thieves as I felt she treated me. The managers don't really care as they were more concerned about me standing up for my right as a customer. Isn't it innocent before presumed guilty or is at Costco shops guilty and then prove your innocence.

I will be posting her picture up on your Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter Pages since no one cares about what happened. I called Customer service at 12:30pm EST and spoke to Rosa who said someone would call me back in a few hours. Now I am writing to Costco head offices since she didn't respond and I feel no one looked at the video and when I wanted to take pics? I was told I was not allowed. What is happening to the world? Is no one respectful anymore?

Comment (9)

Bought fan online, on 07/09/2016. Looking at order online, fan shipped on 7/12/2016. Order # 613886214. Member# 11765293955. Today is 7/22/2016 and when we look at FedEx, for the last week, shows the same thing. Arrival date pending, Shipping Label created. I have tried to locate item, by tracking FedEx online and by calling, with no success. Can you help me locate the fan and work with FedEx, to determine when we will receive the fan. Original arrival date listed, was 7/16/2016, late in day, Saturday. Not sure how item was shipped, but FedEx is not helping.

Comment (4)

I shopped at Costco today at Merchant ID 619000003655, Wholesale Memphis #352. I was unable to find handicap parking, or a handicap scooter in this store. I shopped with a regular basket. While pulling into a free checkout lane, your employee pulled a man over in a handicap scooter in front of me. I accepted his rude behavior without comment; however, the more thought about it, I decided this rude behavior should not go unrewarded. My next trip to Costco will be for the purpose of returning my membership card for cancellation. I refuse to shop where rude employees mistreat the handicapped elderly. Following his rude behavior, I moved over one lane to another cashier (OP#33 Barbara R.) who checked me out 12:55 PM. I plan to tell everyone about their mistreatment of the elderly handicapped.

Comment (0)

I went to what I thought was my friendly neighborhood Costco rushing after work to make sure I bought a good piece of meat to grill for 4th of July. I had cash in my hands and luckily I found a great piece of fillet for $99.95. I rushed to the cashier since it was close to closing time. As I approached the counter I realized I did not have my current membership card so, I produced the expired card plus my driver's license. To my surprise, the cashier told me she could not accept my id because it did not have my current address.

Ms. Khaliel surprised me again with her level of arrogance by telling me that unfortunately she could not help me unless I get my Driver's license with my current address. I explained that I would gladly bring it Tuesday since they were five minutes to closing on the eve of 4th of July and I had only one item to pay in CASH. Again she looked very indifferent to my dilemma and totally insensitive to my frustration of trying to get 1 item with cash and being refused on a technicality while other members in line were getting upset as well.

One member offered to pay for my item at which she asked them NOT to help me and warned me that if I try for someone else to do it that she would make sure that my father's membership and mine would be cancelled. I could hardly believe what this Costco Manager was saying. Obviously she was admitting that she knew I was a member. It is beyond me her level of service. Mr. Fritz, an associate that was observing her actions seemed ashamed by her attitude but could not override her authority.

My father and I have been members for over 10 years and I sincerely find this Ms. Elaine Khaliel totally going out of her way to make me feel that my business does not mean a thing to Costco after so many years of buying thousand of dollars without any issues. I have never written a single complaint about Costco and I never thought I would ever encounter such an unprofessional and out of touch Manager at this store. As I was leaving the place a friend of mine walked in and helped me to get what I went for. I hope this will not happen to anyone when I am sure it would have been so easy to find out if I was a paying member or not since you must have my picture in your records. Seriously something wrong with this lady.

Comment (0)

We bought chicken penne at Costco last night and cooked it this afternoon. When my son about to eat he found a big fly mixed with the pasta. I drove back to Costco heritage and took the hot pasta and asked for the manager. The lady that talked to me asked right away if my money was refunded. She then went back to see the deli Manager if she's available but said she would just call me back. I'm a bit disappointed because not one staff handle it properly. Not even one staff in the customer service apologized . Right away they asked me to write the incident report. The staff keep wiping the counter of disinfectant because the simmering pasta made the counter wet. I think staff needs more coaching and training to handle this kind of complain.

Comment (0)

We puchased two boxes of organic strawberries. on 17th may from Costco sunnyvale costco store CA 94086. One the boxes had rotten strawberries with fungus on them. Our membership number is 111845756733. I am attaching the photograph of fruit and bill for reference.

Comment (1)

Hello the my name is Moira Kalakoda and I am a member have been for several years and never had any problem. This is what I noticed when I went to the Costo in Perrysburg OH. I bought a pair of Levis canvas shoes and noticed that I paid $3.00 more for mine than the men's and it's exactly the same shoe. P.S. I have been very happy with Costco and love shopping there.

Comment (0)

China I Greek Yogurt. Lately it contains less Yogurt and more water? Is this product fail or is it not proper to eat?

Comment (0)

Purchased Albacore tuna. Kirkland label - 6041SWISKO 05:58 use by Feb 2019. Opened the can and found the tuna in the center was dark brown and inedible. I threw the Tuna out. I am concerned the others in the bulk pack are bad. I was buying same at Sam's and decide to try COSTCO - not a good first impression.

Comment (0)

Recently, I bought a pack of beef jerky (Kirkland Steak Strips extra thick cut) at one of your stores. Unfortunately, one piece of beef jerky was not in good shape as it should be. It had a piece of blue rubber (or plastic) in it. My friend and I were so shocked and I took a picture of it and the foreign substance can be seen clearly. I can send it to you if you give me an e-mail address. Since I live in Mississippi where does not have any store of yours, I am not sure what I can do. Please give me an answer to resolve the problem. I look forward to your reply and a resolution to my problem. If I do not receive an reasonable deal for it, I am going to seek help from a consumer protection agency or the Better Business Bureau.

Comment (0)

I asked that my frozen yogurt be filled so that they look like the ones advertised. As you can see in the attached picture, the frozen yogurts were all filled to well below the rim. Jossue, with a terrible attitude and bad customer service, refused to fill it, saying it could only be 12 ounces. Why the discrepancy and

Comment (12)

Around 3/28/2016 I bought a rotisserie-chicken, one of our favourite items. This time the chicken turned out to be a surprise for us. Instead of being a young succulent delicious bird, it was old and tough. We thought not too much on our first meal on the chicken, but on the second meal we were sure that this is an old bird. By this time we have discarded the box in which the chicken came, so we had no evidence to bring back to our store. We discarded the remaining parts of the

Comment (2)

I just thought your company would like to know you have an employee on Facebook who proudly shows he's a employee at Costco on his personal page; while he goes around and rudely attacks people on posts. He did as much to me when I never directed anything toward him. I just so happen to be a Costco member and haven't decided if I was going to take any public action on this matter.

He angered me by attacking my baby's picture for no reason other then I shared my own opinion on a post not directed to him. I find this very distasteful and think he is a tool. He works at Costco somewhere in Ontario Canada. I told him I would write your company and tell them how one of your employees acts to the public and he said he didn't care and changed his profile job information. His name is Bryan Thomas.

Comment (0)

I purchased 33.0 oz package of Papa Pita greek pita flat bread from the Costco Store in Visalia, California on March 1, 2017. The tag on the bread read 105423 and the best used by date was March 8, 16. My complaint is that the bread was doughy and undercooked, it was not cooked enough for the bread to begin to split to form the pita pockets. As I live 50 miles away from the store, I will not be returning this minor purchase, but you should be aware of the quality of product your suppliers are providing.

Comment (0)

I ordered a cake for my husband’s 65th birthday. I picked it up Monday 22nd February. It looked lovely. My husband’s birthday was Tuesday 23rd February and after he blew out the candles at his party I went to cut it up. I was shocked to discover that the cake was very slanted (see pic) one end was so thin I couldn’t serve it to guests as it looked like I didn’t have enough (which I didn’t) and it was embarrassing to say the least.

It was like it has been squashed before it was iced. I didn’t happen after as the icing and the design was not disturbed. I did go back to Cosco Cardiff and complained, ok the lady took the pictures and refunded me but was no apology didn’t really seem that bothered about my husband’s birthday being ruined or how embarrassing it was.

I wanted to bring this to your attention formally to stop the disappointment happens to others as I really don’t think anything will be done to find out why this happened or to stop it happening again. I feel it was very unprofessional as it must have been noticed before it was decorated. It wasn’t a slight "mishap" it is very noticeable and was obviously ignored, decorated and hoped that I wouldn’t notice. I won’t be ordering a cake from Costco again.

Comment (3)

I was at the water bottled section of the store, last aisle, all the way at the back when I met the female employee with the name badge SABBY. When I already loaded in my cart the one (1) 5-gal box of Arrowhead water and leaving the area, Ms Sabby saw me rolling already my heavy cart full of stuffs away from the water section but she still continued to pull her dolly full of NESQWIK products and stopped my cart by holding the front cart without saying anything like "passing through, give way please" and she was with her serious face. She bumped my cart by her dolly and she didn't even say sorry. That was absolutely very rude.

Comment (0)

My wife purchased three mens trousers for me. She had them altered and gave them to me as a gift. The item is Costco ITM/ACT 754084. The problem is that the fly zippers are too short. You have to pull your pants down to take a pee. This is embarrassing, especially in public restrooms. Been customers for more than fifteen years. Never had a problem. How much do you save by scrimping in the zippers? A few cents? If they were not altered I'd return them.

Comment (10)

I would like to request Costco review the attitude of your employee at the Costco 1709 Automation Pkwy, San Jose, CA. This morning I called to order a pizza at 10:30am. She said the pizza will be done in half hour which means it will be available at 11:00am. I am living far away from the Costco at 1709 Automation Pkwy, San Jose, CA but I planned to pick up from there because it is on the way to my friend's house. I am OK if the pizza will not be as hot as it is just made.

However, when I came to pick up at around 11:50am, a Chinese lady who works there said I have to wait until they have spare pizza available because I was late. It seems she punished me because I was late. I was waiting for more than 15minutes and keep asking for picking up the pizza. She kept saying I had to wait because I was late. I saw many pizzas came out of the rack but she didn't want to give me. Finally, there was a Hispanic young cashier there saw me kept asking, she gave me the box of pizza from the shelf which I believed it already packed for me.

Thanks to this Hispanic cashier. I am very disappointed about the way a Costco employee treats customer like that. I hope it wouldn't happen again in the future to me as well as for other customers.

Comment (8)

I was eating some milk chocolate raisins by Kirklands and got a grape vine stem in one. I'm not sure on your policy on this stuff but it was not something I expected from your products. My family shops at Costco a few times a month. I'd hate for that to stop and we all really enjoy your store you guys have furnished a few rooms in all our homes. To me this is a huge disappointment. I have taken pics of the product and the grape stem. If you need it I've also informed an sent pics to my parents. I will be waiting to hear from you guys soon on this matter. I have tried to send pics but for some reason this Email wont let me send them to show proof.

Comment (0)

I went to my closest Costco on 11/29/15 - Ft. Myers store # 351. I normally shop twice a month at this Costco. I have a business membership which has cost me $200 - $275 per year since this store opened as I pay for myself and my employees. I have a Sam's club and BJ's that have opened closer to my home but have always liked the Costco products and service. I have noticed in the last year, but mainly in the last several months that the service has really gone down hill at this Costco. I see people every time I'm in with what seem to be major complaints at the service desk - I also had an issue within the last month and thought it was going to be taken care of on my visit to the store on Sunday - but it was not. Here is what happened.

On Sunday Nov. 29th I purchased two boxes of the Chicken Sandwiches that you carry. The next day I received your coupon book in the mail and it showed the Chicken Sandwiches with a coupon for $2.30 off per box. So a $4.60 savings. Now it costs me a $2.00 bridge toll to get from my home in Cape Coral FL to the Ft. Myers FL store so I figured when I went back mid month I would ask for my 4.60 back as I have always been able to do that. When I went in the store on 12/12 ( and spent $164.36 ) I went to the customer service desk to explain that I wanted to be refunded for the coupon price of the two boxes of Chicken sandwiches I had purchased two weeks prior even though I thought I had my receipt with me I could not find it quickly - I asked if he would be look up my last purchase receipt and I was told no that they don't look up receipts for coupon matching - only if we needed a refund for something.....I was not happy about it and told him that I would not be able to get back for at least two weeks again - I was told that as long as I got back to the store WITH MY receipt by 12/29 I would get the credit, but it was out of his hands, he could not look up my receipt.

So I did get back to Costco on Sunday 12/27 and made sure I took my receipt copy attached for you - only to be told by Amanda on the customer service desk that I was too late that the coupon expired on 12/24. I explained that I was told I had until 12/29 and that I had been in on 12/12 but the guy on the register would not look up my last receipt to verify my purchase and she also said it was against policy to do that for a coupon match. I then asked for a manager - this took an additional 6 minutes of standing there after already waiting in line for almost 15 minutes - for the 2nd time remember. The manager did give her the go ahead to refund the coupon purchase back to my AX card. So she said she did that - I guess I should have looked at the receipt when she handed it back to me but I did not. When I got home and put it with my other receipts to verify when I receive the bill I noticed that she had only credited me with $2.30 which would have been for one box - there was no limit to the purchase and we only discussed the fact that I was owed $4.60.

I feel that she did that on purpose, but that is besides the point. I am very frustrated that I had to go thru all that just to be able to use the coupon that Costco sent out. This should have been handled the first time I came in - it was not like I asked him to look through my last 6 months of receipts - it was the last one that would show up on my account. It may have taken him 2 or 3 min. tops.

I stood in line far longer than that while waiting for my turn. To make a long story a little shorter, I expect someone to refund my other $2.30 that was not refunded when I should have been on Sunday and at this point I am very sorry that I even renewed my Costco membership as I think they are a little over confident at that store. There is a Sams store within probably 5 miles of it and like I said earlier - I have a different Sams Club that just opened much closer to me and a BJ's that opened about 4 years ago that is closer to me as well - both are in Cape Coral, so no $2 bridge toll to pay either. So with that, if the service does not improve at this Costco I will not be renewing my office membership next September and I may just go ahead and discontinue my membership with the AX change in the spring. Let me know if what I encountered is standard procedure at all Costco's now or just what so I can make a determination.

Comment (2)

I have been a costco executive member for many years, and I have never lodged a complaint until now. My complaint is about a product prepared by a company called feature foods international. The product I am complaining about is called herring fillets in wine marinate. This product is no longer what it use to be,it is totally different fish that I use to consume. I don't know the source of this particular fish product but I am curious to find out. It no longer taste the same, in fact it doesn't even taste like herring. These herring bits are tougher then the ones I use to consume. If there is no chance, I will no longer buy this product. The store I bought this product is Langley B C Canada.

Comment (0)

Purchased online HOTPOINT WASHING MACHINE & TUMBLE DRYER delivered 10/11/15 to our new address which we moved into on 27/11/15. Used both items for first time 8/12/15 and found water pouring down front of tumble dryer & floor flooded.telephoned complaints dept. told it was one of the machines which had a fault & I would be contacted regarding this in due course it could be upto eight weeks. I was given another number To ring & was told they couldn't help & I should contact local store which I called & after waiting 30 minutes I put the phone down.

I tried every day and eventually spoke to Sue on 10/12/15 who called us back & said Mark at Sunbury would deal with it and call on Monday I contacted store spoke to Coleen & gave mobile number as well for Mark to call,no contact waited until 3.30pm left another message with Harjit. Called today 9 am after 3 mins.told to hang up no reply.We are in our 70's we can't cope with anymore stress & want a new machine or our money back before Christmas we cannot carrying on being fobbed off. Please treat this complaint as URGENT.

Comment (3)

This is not a complaint to Melinda at Costco Optical. This is a complaint that the lab will not put new lenses into my sunglasses. I cannot get nike sunglasses made like this and I have looked over 1000 pages at Ebay. The glasses are 155 mm wide and fit me like a glove. The department will not refill because the frames are scratched. I have had these frames fills 3 times over the past two years. Once because my poly lens saved my eye. Really Costco lab, are you now so stuck up that you won't fill my work lens and call my frames too scratched? I am frustrated and pissed at the Costco corporate office.

Comment (2)

Went to your South Center store to get a card replacement. After watching the disorganization of the employees at the merchandise return area I waited over a half an hour to have them tell me that there card machine was not working. So, they gave me a temp slip of paper good for 1 day. Now the next time I go to Costco I will have to wait in line again for who knows how long to try to replace my card. This is the second time that card machine has not worked when I have come to that store. You can't have employees trying to help other employees how to make transactions during the busy time of year. The lines are very long. I went 15 years before I got a Costco card and was talked into it from a friend I am beginning that it was a mistake.

Comment (0)

This is specifically a complaint about DS Waters (aka Sparkletts Water, Alhambra, Costco Water) which was water delivery service contracted through Costco and not other Costco services. I am in the San Francisco Bay Area. I initially started water delivery service in September 2012. The deliveries were usually within one day of the scheduled delivery date for the first couple of years and the empty bottles were exchanged for the new ones outside of my apartment door in the building were I live. This all changed by September of 2015. Water delivery was very sketchy and if delivered at all, was usually left outside of the building in an area that is not secure. Since I left the empty bottles inside of the building, these were not taken and deposits not credited.

I cancelled service by telephone at 5:01pm on October 20, 2015 after a 26 minutes wait. After the customer service attempted to convince me to stay with the service (as expected), he agreed to cancel it and said that the empty bottles would be picked up on the regularly scheduled service date of November 2, 2015. The bottles were not picked up and more bottles were left outside of the apartment building. A worker doing construction for our building helped me drag the bottles into the lobby so that the homeless people would not use them as bowling balls down the hilly street. I checked the caller ID on my phone and no attempt had been made to call from the call-box for entry as usual. I contacted DS Waters several times via email with no response. Reviews on Yelp and BBB rating is one of the worst I have every seen with many people experiencing very similar issues. I find it difficult to understand why Costco would continue to maintain any kind of business relationship with DS Waters and would like their help resolving it.

Comment (0)

I have been a Costco member for a number of years and was absolutely horrified, outraged and saddened by the customer service treatment I received at the Langley Costco 2015Nov28 around 2:00 pm. I was in the front part of the store where certain items are often featured for promotion or sale. Among the items was a big box of extra wide Christmas paper that was being offered at discount. There was a small unattended 3 step ladder in front of the box that had a sign on it that it was not to be moved from the area. The sign didn't say the step ladder could not be used just that it was not to be use. I thought it had been put there on purpose to allow the customers to gain access to the wrapping paper as it was a big box.

I had been standing the bottom rung of the ladder for a few seconds before an extremely rude sales person YELLED at me to get off the ladder as it was not met for customer use. I apologized immediately and explained that I thought it was there for customer use. I was so horrified and humiliated (it's not nice to be yelled at in front other customers) that I immediately said I didn't see anything I wanted and left. Even my partner was upset by the incident and said she had never seen anything like it and she has been in retail management for more than 50 years. The whole event put me off for the rest of the afternoon and I felt bad for the rest of the day. I can understand your staff feeling harried during the Christmas season but that behavior was definitely uncalled for and should not be repeated under any circumstance.

I think a nice Christmas basket is in order to apologize for such mean and thoughtless behavior.

Comment (0)

Prior to Costco's recent e-coli problem in your chicken salad we've had two experiences with improperly prepared food products. We've quit buying your rotisserie chickens because we've found them to be undercooked. There's nothing grosser than an undone chicken. Under cooked chicken is a source for e-coli. We've had to finish roasting them in the oven to make them edible. We recently purchased one of your pumpkin pies. The pumpkin filling was not thoroughly cooked in the center. It was runny like soft pudding. Again we found it to be inedible.(Pies contain eggs which undercooked can cause e-coli). We fed the uneaten pie to our neighbors pigs. We shop at your Union Gap WA store and live 30 miles away so it's not convenient to return a product like that.

We reported both experiences to one of your store managers in Union Gap.Unfortunately I didn't get his name. He was a young Asian man. He pretty much blew me off telling me that Costco have processes in place to insure that what we experienced can't happen. Excuse me. That response is what prompted me to pursue it further. We've been a Costco member since 1984 and haven't encountered any unsatisfactory issues with a product until now. When someone reports a food related issue that may have health effects you need to pay attention and believe what you're being told.

Comment (0)

I have an activated Debit card and it hasn't worked at the Clybourne gas pumps twice. I use my Debit Card successfully in the store and am puzzled why the pump denies my the ability to purchase gas. I assure you that I have more than enough funds to be able to fill my tank; the woman attending the pump said she thought that I had a limit on the amount of purchases....but I assure you this is not the case. I would appreciate it if you would look into the matter as I became a member of Costco to be able to take advantage of the low gas prices.

Comment (0)

I am complaining that you are discontinuing Kirkland Organic Rice Milk. We have kids with food allergies and are on a limited budget. We need you to please not take this off your shelves. We are in San Diego and use the La Mesa store mostly. I believe I speak for a lot of others. I noticed there even was a blog about it.

Comment (0)

I am a long time Costco customer. We shop frequently between the town of Novato, and Richmond in Northern California because both these two stores are close to where we live. I have quite a few very unpleasant experiences returning products at your Richmond facility. The return personnel made frequent unfriendly complaints about much trouble I case them to go through the refund process, and that I shall return the goods from the same store that I purchase from. ...

However; I did not see that clause from any of the Costco return policies. It seems to me if the Costco policy is such; the Costco workers shall validate the store policy and treat the customers with respect instead of insulting the customers. The comments of the workers at the Return Department @ your Richmond facility in Northern California are totally unprofessional, inappropriate, and unpleasant.

Comment (0)

A lock nut on my spare tire mount is missing due to mishandling of service technician. I don't know who or how they lost it but bottom line, it is missing. I am sure it was in there when they took my car in to replace all 4 tires at their store. I just had installed the flat tire before I took it in for their service. My instructions was to install back the spare tire I used on the tire mount. To make matters worst is to tell me that the lock nut was not in there This locknut is to secure the spare tire from being easily stolen. The problem now is, when I try to find out the status of my complaint, I get being bounce off from various telephones instead of addressing the problem directly since it is not a big item. This is a customer service issue of Costco.

Comment (0)

Tire service technician misplaced a locknut on my spare tire mount on Friday, November 13, 2015. This happened when they replaced all four tires on my car. I would like a replacement of the lug nut that the service technician lost or would like to find out what is being done about it. After speaking with someone in customer service it appears I will need to escalate my problem to corporate to get satisfaction!

Comment (0)

Let me preface by saying I have shopped at Costco for years and have never had a bad experience. Lately I have noticed more new faces than old faces at Costco. My daughter and I were shopping today. The cashier, Vanessa, advised my daughter, in a rude manner, she had to purchase 2 packages of bagels or put one back. My daughter was aware but in her haste forgot, she left to get the other package of bagels. The cashier finished ringing up the groceries before my daughter returned. She made a rude comment about her leaving to get the bagels if she were paying. I felt the comment was uncalled for. She turned and continued to make comments to the cashier that was standing nearby.

I made a comment about missing the old cashiers, as I had not seen her before. She stated she was an old cashier. I don't think she should be working in the forefronts with the customers. This employee was very rude. We were going to order from the food court as well as update out membership, but because of her, we did not. I understand people may have bad days, we are all human, but if anything she should have just kept her opinions to herself. My daughter and I have both worked customer service and both viewed her behavior as unacceptable. You never want to make a customer feel like they are an inconvenience to you. Someone needs to let her know. This is the store in Merced Ca on R Street.

Comment (0)

I phoned up to cancel and order. The operative assured me she would email and get the shipment stopped, then email me and the money would be returned. The next thing I know I get an email saying my item had shipped! The order had been cancelled it is of no use to me. How do I go about getting my money back? If not I will write a letter to the CEO.

Comment (0)

11-7-15 My concern and complaint is valid and needs immediate attention please. My records as a Costco customer are on file for you to review! Please have a corporate officer contact me at 202-538-6103 Lamoda Inc. ask for Fajam. Your store had me charged falsely for stealing a pack of socks that your cashier failed to ring up and was accused as thief before leaving the store by your Costco Loss Prevention. I am not a thief and very humiliated and disappointed on how the situation was handled and the loss of my Costco Membership due to a misunderstanding and improper handling and address of the situation. I am a very successful business person in this community that spends a great deal of money every month in your Corporation. I would have been more than happy to pay for these socks along with the rest of my order that totaled 413.46. I would like to resolve this minor misunderstanding prior the expense of getting attorneys involved

Comment (13)

i bought a pair of prescription eye glasses at the Costco store in the Christiana Delaware Mall. The glasses have a protective coating on the outside of the lenses which starts to wear off after several months and after 2 or 3 years you have smudge or smear marks on the outside of your lenses that just keep getting worse and worse. But, you don't know what causes this and you keep cleaning your glasses after each time you look at them, because you think that they are dirty from oils on your hands, etc. But the real problem is the coating on the lenses which is terrible and doesn't last. I have $2.00 reading glasses that are better than the $120.00 glasses I bought at Costco. There are no smears or smudges on the $2.00 glasses that I have and I have bought lots of pairs over the years. If I am having this problem, then so is everyone else that buys these glasses from Costco with the protective layer. No one in the store will help you with this problem. The sales people and those who I spoke to in the Costco eye glass department are well award of this problem and just want to sell you a new pair of glasses and think it is O. K. to sell this junk to the paying public. Only a class action law suit will change their minds in my opinion. Let me know what the management of Costco thinks. No one else really cares.

Comment (1)

I called the Costco pharmacy to check on a prescription I dropped off yesterday. The lady I gave it to said that she would have to call and verifie the information with the doctor. So I called the next evening to check on it. The lady on the other end of the phone was extremely rude her name was Nusrat. She first tried to tell me they did not have my prescription. Then she left me on hold for an extremely long lime while she went to look for it. Every time I tried to ask her a question she would cut me off and tell me that if I would quit talking I'd know. And after she was done she never did answer my question. When I tried to tell her that I didn't understand what she was saying she hung up on me. I had to call back to get her name. Horrible customer service from Costco, and no apology none at all. She could of careless if she was rude or not. I still don't have the info I needed.

Comment (2)

Good afternoon! Last Friday I was assisted by Amanda in the photo department. I called her after the app was giving me issues uploading my pictures to be developed. She was very helpful and assisted me some of my pictures that had come thru incorrectly. When I arrived to pick up late that evening around 8pm we ordered pizza to go then headed to photo where Amanda assisted me with a very professional and helpful manner! Even the other gal working with her was sweet and presentable. (Sorry didn't get her name). After we purchased the pictures we headed back to pick up our pizza. As it was late due to my husband getting off work later than usual we were very hungry.

I went to the car with my two and seven cranky children and I was on a knee scooter and in pain due to a recent surgery. After 30 more mins my husband finally got back to the car to find a very "hungry" wife and two very upset children. My husband said they forgot to put in our order and not only ours but 3 other people there as well. They offered no apologize, discount or refund. I was very upset and not happy with the poor customer service. I personally would have gone up and spoken with them but we're hungry, tired and with my knee scooter it just wasn't convenient. I just wanted to give kudos to the good employee and also mention about the poor customer service that is not normally received at our local Costco. Hopefully this can be rectified. Thank you for your time and hope your day is well!.

Comment (1)

When I entered Clackamas, Oregon Costco warehouse the carts were wet because of the rain. As I was lining up to enter, the lady employee on the front door was wiping the cart of the customer handle with a towel. She did wipe the customer cart in front of me and the customer behind me but skip me completely. Since the cart handle was wet and cold I asked if she could let me borrow the towel. Although she was holding a towel she directed me to get the towel across on the other side. After I finished wiping my own cart, I left the towel near her. When I walk away about 20 ft, she yelled at me like this:" Hey lady you stole my towel " That was in front of a lot of people. I was very embarrassed because at the age of 70 I never been called a thief. I called the manager and told him about it. we have a little chat and I continued my shopping. I was not able to shop around because I was traumatized. I am planning to take legal action, because of emotional stress. When I got home I called the corporate office of Costco to complaint and talked to Pete and explained the incident to him. He told me that he will email the top manager in Clackamas, OR Costco.

Comment (5)

I purchased a star wars costume for my grandson. The darth vader light saber that comes with the costume does not work. There is no information on the included cardboard setup on how to return the defective light saber. The only information included is Disney.com. How do I get a light saber that works? With no contact information included I am stuck with a defective one.

Comment (0)

I have been a member for at least 30 years. Every time I go from the regular account to the executive account, I pay some money to do so. At the time i'm buying my groceries, they come over and tell me that I should upgrade because I spend enough to make it work. Now for the last couple times i have done this, when I receive my renewal. It is not close to being enough. So I down grade. This time I spent about 23 dollars to upgrade and received a check for 7 dollars and 14 cents. What good did that do me!!! none? Your Right... None.. Seems like a scam to me. I will not upgrade my account ever again. If I even consider renewing it. I think if you didn't charge a yearly fee just to come buy stuff. You would have more business than you could shake a stick at. And you wouldn't even need the fees you charge. Wont you please consider making this easier on all of us who want to keep shopping there.

Comment (0)

I bought a pair of prescriptions reading glasses about 4 years ago. After about a year or two I started to notice a mark at the edge of the lenses. I would try to clean this but the mark or smear would not go away. Eventually the smear or mark kept getting bigger and bigger and now the smear covers the lenses from the corner where it started to the center of the lens. I went to the Costco store in the Christiana Mall Shopping Center and talked to a sales person and got no satisfaction at all. I was told that there is a protective covering on the outside of the lenses that wears off and this is what is causing the smear. I am very unhappy with the glass selling department for selling me a pair of glasses that only last a short period of time.

I am sure that everyone who buys glasses with this protective coating is having the same problem that I am having. I bought glasses 40 years ago and they are just fine. I have 10 pairs of $2.00 reading glasses in the house and have never had a problem. Please, stop selling these glasses or you will eventually have a class action lawsuit on your hands when someone's vision is impaired and they have an accident driving or some other accident. No one really at Costco cares..I was told I need to just buy a new pair of glasses.

Comment (3)

I parked car my car four lanes away from Costco. There was a young man getting carts he hag a huge orange cart and left it between my car and another. I turned around real quick. As the orange cart ran in the the back of my car (right side ) I ran to stop it but did not make it on time. I told him what the hell happened I just got my car painted four days ago. As he giggled I asked who was his manager. He said I don't know there's a lot of them that's when I got his name and marched into the store asking for a Manager, Denise this is store 31 in Fresno Ca. She came out and took picture with a cell phone and asked me some question and got my address and phone number.

Regardless of how small or big it is it's the principle I just took my car out of the shop on September 29. I paid good money to paint my car to look better. 2008 Nissan Altima. Denise said that he laughed because he was nervous that was bull. I feel like no one cared. Denise stated I can't pay you out for this. No one was asking her to. But my car is going to get fixed one way or another. Even if I have to publish in the newspaper or get ahold of a local news station. But I won't stop until this gets resolved. I work hard for some young man to laugh at the situation and that made it worse. Denise at Costco store 31 said it would take five days for someone to call me back. I will not stop here especially after I paid for my car to look better.

Comment (0)

I had bought toilet paper there a year or so ago and it was as good as Charmin but cost a little less. Now it is a little wider sheet but the thickness is as thin as single ply.....takes twice as much and the cost is 50 cents a roll the same as Charmin. I won't buy anymore that's for sure.

Comment (1)

It all started when i went to membership dept. returned items dept. over an approved item i wanted a credit for. the 2 girls were going back and forth between membership line and return line....they told me to go to the back of the line. they should have gone with the next customer in line no matter what since they were going back and forth not keeping somebody stable at the return line....a man said you were ahead of me go ahead and be taken care of....when i was, the young gal said to me where is the returned item. I said i was out of the country and I couldn't give the bad asparagus to her. I already had approval to get a credit from my phone call to costco prior to my trip to japan. Now she says, you could have frozen it. I said I'm not freezing something rotten in my freezer plus mine is small. she continued to say it will take longer to get this done because i have to call someone....i said fine.

Meanwhile my husband was somewhere in this huge store and I finally had the credit and his card; I couldn't find him, so I asked several guys can I have him paged since I had been throughout the store searching for him. They said we have no paging system...I said REALLY, even Walmart has a paging system in case of things like this....Still not finding him, I went to the door greeter, and I asked why there wasn't a paging system. Her answer was Costco can't afford one, it's too much money....What do they think I'm stupid. I found her to be very sarcastic and unfriendly. I went back in the store and i found two costco guys there, i told them my problem. now they helped me by asking me to describe my husband. they were great and they helped me physically find him....this happened on september 20, 2015 at 5201 s. intermountain drive, murray, utah 84107. This was a bad experience and I feel the customer is right and the employees should be more helpful. I would appreciate your help in this matter since I love shopping at Costco. This day I rate 1 for a very bad experience.

Browse reviews of other Department Stores

40.215053763441
  • HEB
    (22 reviews)
    35.454545454545

Have feedback for Costco?