Customer Satisfaction Results

Costco

Complaint Department

Posted by Complaints Department on Apr 06, 2013
Customer Rating

Hi, This is addressing a issue of Costco in the Calgary Beacon Hills MAll NW. I am just a frequent costco client and I buy most of my home grocery from costco. The thing that I love the best about costco is that you have a really good demonstration system where we can try out the food before making the decision of buying. However, I went there on Friday and saw something that really disturbed my mood and changed my view on costco.

A manager of the demonstration service, I believe that her name is Jeniffer( that what I heard what the others called her), shouting and screaming to a lady who is preparing the food. I do know that helping and training colleagues are necessary, but the way she was doing it clearly shows some kind of harassment. Me and several customers got really uncomfortable and scared at this situation. Please look into this, Thank you.

7 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Costco provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Costco?

Compare Costco to Similar Department Stores more...

More Costco Complaints

Customer Rating

Checking out at Costco the girl slide my membership card and said, “Oh your membership expired” She called someone over and that girl said you can renew your membership right now. I said “no I can’t because it’s was my husbands executive membership under my husbands business”.” I don’t carry around blank checks from my husbands business”. She then said,” when was the last time you used the card because it expired in Nov. and we let people check out one time after the expiration date, but it’s March so it’s been to long”. “Also the last time you checked out in Nov. the checkout person would warn you of your expiration date”. The main thing I usually buy from Costco is 3 bags of milled flax seeds at a time so I don’t have to go back because Costco is out of my way. Nobody ever warned me that my membership was expiring while checking out. I didn’t know if anyone else from my husband business went and was warned that the membership had expired. She then grabbed my Costco card and walked away with it. Several people were waiting in line while all this was going on. I think you should direct your checkout people that if a card comes up expired then direct that customer to the customer membership desk. The girl that was helping the checkout person was super rude and accusing me that I should of known. I told my husband what had happened and it was an oversight on his part to renew the membership. We will not be renewing his executive membership. I did most of my shopping at Sam’s Club, now I’ll do all of it.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Sandra Fuhrman on 03/20/2014 at IP address 96.18.59.209 using our Costco complaint form. This opinions contained in this Costco customer review titled, “Treatment of customer” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

4 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I bought a of glasses in July of 2014. In Oct. the bow broke off on the right side. Brought them in on the 20th of Oct. I was told they have them on order and as soon as they come in they would call. I waited 2 weeks and called...they were not in yet. I called the end of Nov. still not in but were expecting a shipment into their depot on Dec. 29th I called....not in yet...didn't know when they would be in...but will call as soon as they get in. It is Jan. 23. No frames. I have had these glasses 7 months. Wore them 3 months. Are they waiting for my warranty to expire??? I am being told there is nothing they can do. I don't think I am being unreasonable about this. Love these glasses....the best price around.....just wish I could wear them before I don't have any warranty left. No one really cares!!! Is this how you treat a customer!!!

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Hi, I am Costco customer for more than one year, i interacted twice with Costco Customer service department, they talk to me as if I am not a customer, they don’t even wish you when called them and they interact you in a politely. I am surprised how a company like Costco has such poor customers service?

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

Be careful when you buy oranges, there's always bad and moldy ones at the bottom of the box. I tried to get at least a parcial refund for the bad ones, and they say that it has to be half of the box bad to get a refund. Wtf? so they refused to give me any refund. What a bad a demeaning customer service experience with Ena in the doral, Miami location. She doesn't get that you need to give people a refund when you sell moldy produce. For sure I'm not renewing my membership next year

Customer Rating

I have been with Costco for just about 25 years, I was so excited to finally get a Costco by my new home location. However, the management team at the location in San Dimas, CA, has a problem picking Supervisors whom are just not trained properly! So much so that their return policy states if you are not satisfied with a product to return it! Well, in my case it has been with fruit, my pineapple will be no good in the middle I don't find out till I cut it, or I buy strawberries only for them to turn bad in a couple of days and then I have to return them.
Today I was told by a supervisor named Heather, where she responded out loud " I will not approve this to be returned we have a policy and it looks like you are aware of this policy" I was in a good mood, I just listen to her did not reply and the clerk said I will call the Manager Jon , I then replied "he is wright there". The reason why I am taking this time to write this out is that this employee Heather was very unprofessional, lacks communication skills and also I found out that she has her job at Costco because her Dad worked there, and that is how she got promoted to become an unprofessional supervisor! Tell you what upper management should not allow this type of hiring, promotion and unprofessional communication to happen, as a customer I will not put up with such a persons disrespect and, made her aware of it too!

The store policy is that if I'm not satisfied I could return the item! It is not my fault that the item I purchased was no good. If this is not the case then Costco should then let me know of a different policy. In addition, my money is green and I can use it at other locations that will have a better lack of professional personnel and know how to communicate with there customers. In my book this Heather person needs to not only be spoken to but also Fired!

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:
MY SISTER AND I WERE SHOPPING IN STORE #685, 4/1/13 APPROXIMATELY 1PM WE PRECEEDED TO LANE #9 WE HAD OVER $350.00 IN GOODS BETWEEN US. WE APPROACHED THE CASHIER, MONICA. I GAVE HER MY EXECUTIVE MEMBERS CARD AND SHE TOLD ME THAT I NEEDED A PICTURE ON MY CARD, AND ASKED IF I HAD ANY I.D. I SHOWED HER MY BANK CARD BUT SHE SAID SHE NEEDED A PHOTO. I EXPLAINED THAT I HAVE NEVER BEEN ASKED THIS AND I WAS UNAWARE OF NEEDING ANY PHOTO ON THIS CARD. IVE BEEN A MEMBER SINCE 1998. I TOLD HER I HAV MY LICENSE IN MY CAR I WILL BE RIGHT BACK. ANOTHER YOUNG LADY CAME TOWARDS ME AND SHE ALSO STATED THAT I NEEDED A PHOTO, I TOLD HER I WILL GO GET MY LICENSE IN MY CAR. I WAS A BIT DISTURBED THAT THEY WERE UNABLE TO SETTLE THIS WITHOUT HAVING TO GO OUTSIDE TO GET MY LICENSE. I RETURNED WITH MY LICENSE AND WAS MET BY JOE B. HE WAS NOT CLEAR OF WHAT HAPPENED SINCE THE YOUNG LADY EARLIER(LONG BLACK HAIR, DIDNT GET HER NAME.) WAS TELLING HIM THAT OUR CARTS WERE TAKEN BACK, BECUZ MONICA HAD SOMEONE COME TAKE THEM. OUR ITEMS WERE RESTOCKED. I EXPLAINED TO JOE WHAT HAPPENED AND HE WAS VERY SYMPATHETIC TO THE SITUATION AND HAD CHRIS COME TO SEE IF WE WOULD LIKE HIS HELP IN RE-SHOPPING. WE ACCEPTED HIS HELP BUT IT WAS TIME CONSUMING AND WE HAD NO TIME TO RE-SHOP NOR COULD WE REMEMBER ALL THE ITEMS IN WHICH WE PICKED UP. CHRIS AND JOE WERE EXTREMELY APOLOGETIC AND HELPFUL, WE ENDED UP SPENDING LESS THAN HALF OF WHAT OUR ORIGINAL ITEMS CAME TO. MONICA WAS VERY RUDE AND DISREPECTFUL TO NOT ONLY FAIL TO JUST HAVE ME GO TAKE A PHOTO FOR THE CARD BUT TO PURPOSELY SEND OUR CARTS BACK KNOWING PAYING WAS NOT THE ISSUE. SHE DID COST YOUR STORE AT LEAST $200.00 AND IF IT WERENT FOR CHRIS AND JOE WE WOULD OF NOT EVEN RE-SHOPPED. I WOULD APPRECIATE ACTION TO BE TAKEN IN THIS MATTER AND AN APOLOGY FROM MONICA. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME. JUANITA

To whom it may concern:
Hi,
On June 27, 2012, I bought a discounted TV, a PANASONIC model TC-50PU54 priced at $749.99 and was discounted $100 so I paid $649.99 plus the 7.125 sales tax. To pay a TV with this amount of money should last more than 13 months. This TV went out after 13 months but since it’s under warranty for 2 years, CONCIERGE SERVICES sent a serviceman to get it fix 3 weeks after we called. This was in Aug., 2013. We have to wait THREE WEEKS, but thankful it got fixed at that time. This fix lasted only TWO MONTHS. On Oct. 17, 2013 this TV went out again and this time talked to a manager in Electronics Dept at this store about returning this TV for an exchange and our willingness to pay for the difference of whatever we will replace it with. This manager told us to talk to CONCIERGE SERVICES which I did again and this place insisted in getting it serviced again which they did a week later, Oct.. 24, 2013 to be exact is the 2nd time this same TV was serviced. This 2nd fix lasted a little bit longer this time, 4 1/2 months it lasted. Mar. 11, 2014, this TV is out again. I am sure if I call they are going to send someone to fix it again and I know they just keep getting it fix until our warranty runs out in Jun 26, 2014 and we will be on our own to get it fixed and this is just plainly WRONG! If you sell a defective TV, please take it back and make it right with your customer. Can someone please call me to discuss this, 612-201-5851. I thank you in advance for your time in getting this complain taken cared of.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Monina Allen on 03/12/2014 at IP address 136.234.105.210 using our Costco in Burnsville MN complaint form. This opinions contained in this Costco in Burnsville MN customer review titled, “I was sold a DEFECTIVE TV.” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I have been waiting 45 minutes…to simply pick up contacts at the optical counter. I am waiting as I write this message. I have been here 45 minutes and still have not been helped. I am simply picking up contact lense. Are you kidding me it takes an hour to pick up a box of contact lense. I am here because I was switching my eye care provider to costco, but after this experience I will not do my eye exam or prescription here anymore. This is outrageous and unproffessional. You have got to be kidding me. Not even a smiling employee makes this wait acceptable.

Customer Rating

A couple of months ago we bought a large bag of Kirkland Super Premium Adult Dog (chicken, rice and vegetable) for the first time for our Golden Retriever. After a couple of weeks he became quite ill, lost all energy, refused to eat, and the vet perceived stomach problems by feeling abdomen. The vet had no idea of the cause of problems, but medication and changing his diet to chicken and rice for a week or so returned him to his perky, happy self and he seemed thrilled each time he was fed. His dog food was gradually added back in and the chicken and rice eliminated, and he went markedly downhill again, losing energy, refusing to eat, clearly feeling ill. The chicken and rice worked again, though we didn’t give him meds or return to the vet. It finally occurred to us that the food might be the problem, so we switched him to a Science Diet food and he almost immediately recovered. The vet costs were $423. We would like that returned.
Thanks.

Customer Rating

I had been long time Costco Executive Business member, but for last three years, Costco’s 2% check never comes on time. Every time you call they give you run about on it. For the last 6 weeks I have been calling them, but no response. Went to the Costco Store and informed member services, manager on duty NO response. Bottomline, rebate check for 2% is still missing? They have no response, or remedy and expect customers to keep calling them. This is going for atleast for last three years, every year keep calling for check.

Customer Rating

The policy change that a pharmacy customer may no longer check out limited number of other store items is terrible. Especially when many times when you go to pick up meds they are not ready and requires wait time (sometimes only 20 min sometimes an he). Anyway, I understand large checkouts are not possible, however if there are only a few items ( say 5/6) that do not require clerk assistance, then it is just terrible that the customer is required to go stand in another line! I had only 1 small item and was informed I could not purchase it when paying for meds. I did some checking and There are others pharmacys that allow "other" store purchases (some are limited to 5 items). I hope that Costco pharmacy will consider customers and revisit their policy.

Customer Rating

I was on the phone and looking around when i saw a tablet, i picked it up and was gonna take it to the cashier but first i needed to get my carpets. As i said i was on the phone looking around with the tablet at hand looking for the carpet when employee jesse walked up to me i assumed he was gonna help so i asked for the carpets and as he walked up to me he asje if that was my tablet i answered no then he yanked it out of my hand and said we were looking for it and walked away. I was like damm he made me feel like i was steeling the damm thing and to top ot off he didnt even help me. I have a bunch of tablets at home and i dont need another one. But i really felt crumy so i told the person i was talking to on the phone with that id call them later. I felt so akward after that i decided to go somewhere else. Asshole didnt even Thank me for finding the tablet.

Customer Rating

Purchased an item which was faulty returned it and received no refund have been chasing for a refund for over a week now and still not got it, given one excuse after another as to why it was not issued they say it's because why expirey date on my card expired that's why they couldn't refund onto that, three weeks they new this and never contacted me to arrange an alternative refund form. Only because I contacted them they said they will send a cheque instead, that's a month after I returned it! Why did they not just send it anyway, thought they would get away without doing a refund!

Customer Rating

On March 3rd 2015 my daughter an I arrived at Costco Kapolei and got there as the doors opened. It was not so busy yet so it was turning out to be a good shopping day. We arrived at the check out and ended up with a $600 dollar transaction. So I paid with my ebt $310.00 and my daughter was going to pay with her MasterCard. Well MasterCard is not excepted at Costco. She had only $120.00 on her and said she was going to run to her car to get some more cash. I felt embarrassed. It is humiliating to be left standing in a line with someone else waiting behind you. I apologized to the man behind us. Then Mike the man that was on the customer service podium yelled out "Oh no, holding up lines here! Void her out and make her stand here and I will ring her out when I can." So the cashier voided me out and my daughter comes back and they pushed our cart to the podium. He was so rude and unprofessional. So my daughter and I stood there for about 20 minutes while he helped another customer.

So finally he gets our receipt and rings in all the codes of our purchases. Then he scans my ebt card and didn't have any balance on it to pay for our transaction. Mike then looks at us and tells us that it is now in the states hand and he couldn't do anything about it. So about 3 other women came over and could not figure out how to correct the problem. Then a lady with dyed blond hair told us they cant do anything and the proceeded to tell us what did we expect them to do. Another very rude employee that obviously doesn't have proper skills. We were then sent to wait at the customer service counter and was waiting for a manager. Here comes El the Marketing Manager. What a joke this man was. Seriously no skills what so ever! All the questions we were asking him got answered with " They are on the phone with the state." Over and over he kept repeating that to every question we asked. Like a child playing a game. We hung around Kapolei for like 4 hours and went back. We ran my card through again. No balance! So we drove home with no groceries.

About 5 minutes from home we get a call from home to ring Sharri at Costco. I ended up talking with some male to come back to Costco and he will sort out the problem. It took the best of us on that day and I told him I will have to find a ride since my normal driver had to work the next day. Well I was able to get there at 5p.m.the next day. We were helped by the nicest ladies at the customer service counter and called for the manager. We were then met by the sweetest manager. She checked our records and found out that $310.00 was to much to refund in a transaction and needed to do 2 transactions of $155.00. It worked! I was very insulted and hurt by our treatment of the two men you have running in your front of house management! A week later my daughter returns to pick up a few things and was told by the cashier there was a hold on her card and to go to customer service.

So they call management and comes your Marketing Manager El! Takes one look at my daughter and tell her "Oh no its the fiasco!" My daughter being insulted told him I should just get my membership back and shop somewhere else. He was glad to do that and called another manager over to do the refund and noted to my daughter that it showed we just renewed in November and we had already spent $5000.00 in your store. I don't know if that's much to your business and we aren't worth all this chaos. I was upset and called the store and was speaking to Ivan. Now that's an awesome employee who asked what he could do for us. I told him we no longer have a membership and that I wanted an explanation of what we did wrong to deserve the treatment. He told me he was going to check on the situation and get back to me.

Well as he said he rung back to tell me we did nothing wrong and that he would give us back our membership for free. I thanked him for his kind efforts. Here's the thing. I don't want to shop there anymore and have to look at these men and be treated like that again. I think to myself do they realize how much inconvenience they caused us and the humiliation? I take care of elderly people and we don't have a car. My daughter runs me around on specific days. Well my specific day was ruined and never got to get our $600 worth of groceries. Costco is like the only way to get by nowadays with everything so expensive. We buy the bulk since these elderly people only have such little money to get by. With shopping at regular grocery stores it tight. But this month I was left with no choice.

Customer Rating

Firstly ordered cooker from another company (seprate complaint) refused to fit in cooker even though it was the same spec. So went to currys on line, spoke to James, explained what happend, ordered another cooker, promised it would be delivered, Friday 13th, between 14:40/18:40. At 6:15pm driver phoned said wont be delivering as ran out of delivery hours. Mother rang me in tears, Customer Services did not care, did not go out of their way to support her at all. Said delivery Monday to myself, chased up, only to be a lie. cancelled order, still no cooker, mother very upset.

Customer Rating

Today, we purchased a bag of pears and when we got them home discovered that they were rotten. This isn't the first time recently that we purchased produce that had to be returned. I know that there will be no problem returning them. The problem is that the Costco store is 25 miles from our home and that means at least a 50 mile round trip and we are on a ever decreasing fixed income and we really cannot afford to bring stuff back every time there is something wrong with it.

Customer Rating

I purchased Kirkland King Crab legs at a cost of $28.42 for a celebration dinner for my wife and was sickened by the taste.Both of us were some what ill and unmable to finish the meal..I am requesting a refund for the price of the crab legs and the tax.The.Date of purchase02/27/2015.I would like to know how to claim compensation.

Customer Rating

I went to the costco in Garden Grove and found it to be very unpleasant. I found an elderly white woman working at the sample station screaming at a young Asian boy to not touch the sample. I was highly disgusted by her actions. Following this, I ran into several white employees that were very rude and bias on serving people at their station. You can guess who they served it to first, not to mention when I tried to get one, they were lecturing me on lines when in fact everyone who was Caucasian seemed to have just formed a circle. Now lets get to the people at the cashier, the one that helps the cashier are extremely rude in telling you to go stand over there when you haven't even finished putting all your stuff on the counter. I recommend the store train their staff and employees better, costco is nothing more than overprice bulk food anyways. They are the epitome of why this country is consider rude and arrogant.

Customer Rating

I went to Costco to schedule a wheel balance and tire rotation.They did the paperwork at around 10:35 am ,December 18,2012.I was told that it will take them 1 hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours for the wait because I am the fourth customer on line. After almost around 12:15 pm while waiting inside their store ,they said they cannot perform the service because I am missing 3 lug nuts in front-right side passenger side.

I was puzzled and amazed how I can loose three lug nuts in front of my car.I told them I got 3 old spare lug nuts that I pulled inside my car .They just put the 3 lug nuts that I have and never done any service and I was told by one of the employees that "Have a NICE dAY". I was really furious how those missing lug nuts happened because I will feel the vibration on my wheels if I loose those lug nuts driving to COSTCO.

I really felt bad that they never did any service from the advantage plus they mentioned when I bought my new tires on their store. This was really a bad customer service on their part.

Customer Rating

I bought 4 tires for my Volvo XC90 from costco in Jan 2012 for $1215. As recommended by Costco, the tires were rotated at the Costco tire center, approx every 7500 miles. The last time I serviced the car at Volvo, the Volvo representative told me the tires had to be replaced. I took the car to Costco and complained that the tires had approx. 20000 miles and there supposed to be a 50000 mile warranty.

The Costco employee came up with all kind of excuses in order to avoid honoring the warranty, claiming the the tires were not evenly used. I responded that if the tires were not even, why wasn't I informed about that when I brought the car for the tire balance and/or rotation on 6/6/2012, or 9/29/2012. Without any explanation the Costco employee named Salvador, refused to honor the warranty, claiming that the problem was due to the car ...

Contact the Costco Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Costco. What is their corporate mailing address?

999 Lake Drive, Issaquah, WA 98027
  • I want to call the Costco customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

425-313-8100
  • I need to visit the Costco company website. What is their website address?