Customer Satisfaction Results

CenturyLink

Complaint Department

Posted by Complaints Department on Feb 16, 2015
Customer Rating

I have had the worst customer service ever with century link from loosing my install work order, deposit on account and being promised hundreds of dollars in credits that were never issued. Every time I call I am on the phone for t least 30 minutes and transferred three or four times. They promised me a gift card to be sent in sept and still don't have it it s february! They are the worst!!

12 Customers agree with this feedback

Did CenturyLink provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about CenturyLink?

Compare CenturyLink to Similar Cable TV more...

More CenturyLink Complaints

Customer Rating

I have contacted Century Link in the past about my billing because it is not consistant. I am told by their customer support that the billing cycles change and their is nothing they can do about it. I have been a loyal customer for 1 1/2 years. Now i have a bill for $70 due on 1/17 and my service was disconnected on 1/24. I contacted Century Link customer serivce to find out what was wrong because I wouldnt think that service would be disrupted for a payment being a week late. After 2 hours on the phone and century link telling me the problem was in Direct TV and vice versa I get told I have to pay over $200 to get my servcie turned back on. In addition to this I have to pay $29 in fees. This is ridiculous. When I spoke to the billing manager I explained that there is a lot of confusion going on both with me and their customer service department and I dont think the fees are valid she told me they were and there was nothing she can do about it. Wow I feel like a valued customer.

8 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I have paid my bill for 3 months and was told that the CenturyLink gift cards were being sent out. I then called the company and they told me that I was not registered (which the original representative never told me ) - he then told me to check online for status.

Only to find out that this company is not honoring their offer. This is very upsetting. I want what I was promised - I want my $250 gift card asap via centurylink.com/getmyreward. Thank you.

6 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

A young man representing Centurylink came to our door to sell us a combination of centurylinl service as well as direct tv . We signed up for internet service from centurylink bundled with choice extra HD access, DVR service. We were ripped off as we only got Choice not choice extra and standard tv equipment with no dvr. Now they say nothing can be done. It would cost us an additional540.00 The boy from centurylink and his counterpart at century link are crooks as well as both companies. Sales agent Tyler Downs , CYDHCN, ID # and
call center agent Elizabeth, ID # FALT095 can not be trusted nor either CenturyLink nor Direct TV

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Angie & Ed Pendell on 09/05/2013 at IP address 184.96.253.232 using our Centurylink & Directtv complaint form. This opinions contained in this Centurylink & Directtv customer review titled, "Not getting what I signed up for" do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I just about fell off my chair when I read two other letters concerning CenturyLink and their Visa Gift Card because I am going through the SAME thing. I needed to get another cable provider and when I decided on DirecTv, they could not provide Internet nor land line phone service. I was given three choices for those two services and I picked CenturyLink because my sister has them.

CenturyLinks rep is the one who told me that I would receive a $100 Visa Gift Card. In reply to my first complaint to CenturyLink, I was told I had not registered...which I know I did because I was given, both by email and verbally on the phone, a delivery date of 8-31-12 BUT I went and registered AGAIN! Now, I have been looking at a delivery date of 10-31-12. It is now 11-6-12. I have just sent another letter to CenturyLink.

This is called FRAUD and is illegal. I am seriously considering making my next email/phone call to the States Attorneys' office and the local TV station. I am not fighting for this card to go on a happy spending spree. I am a diabetic on Disability who has to go to the food bank to survive. This card will be used for the same purpose...trying to survive.

Customer Rating

This company is so unorganized, and the representatives have no clue what they are doing. I had to call 3 times on the same issue to find out that the website does not even exist www.centurylink/getmygiftcard. I called again and asked them if he would enter my information to receieve the card and he did, but told me the website was www.centurylink/getmycard and that website does not exist. It was all a lie. This is by far the worst company and I suggest you tell everyone that you know never to use them. On another note Direct TV should be ashamed to even have their good name linked with CenturyLink.

Customer Rating

In the beginning, we went through CenturyLink to get phone, cable and internet. When they signed us up for a bundle package, they then transferred us to Direct TV for the cable portion of the service. CenturyLink will sign you up but don't know the details about the terms and agreements for Direct TV. In the end of signing up, they requested a credit card for initial sign up fees. We were very clear in stating that this was the only time that we wanted to used this credit card. We explained in many different ways that we did not want the card to be used again. If there was to be any reason why they should need to use that credit card again, they would have had plenty of opportunity to explain it to us at that time. Instead, we were assured that this would be a one time use only. Direct TV offered some free trial movie channels for the first month. Well, if it's absolutely free, sure, we will give it a try.

After the first month, the free channels were still there and we got charged for them. We were never told that we had to contact them to discontinue the movie channels to prevent being charged for them. This Direct TV bill was going up and up and was not at all the original bundle package that we originally agreed to. We just could not afford to pay for these channels that we were not using. So, we requested to discontinue the Direct TV service all together. Just keep the phone and internet. They then went and charged $295 to the credit card that was used in the beginning, stating that it was an early termination fee. They stated that it is noted in the terms of agreement contract that we agreed to in the beginning. I never received or signed a terms of agreement ever!

They stated that they have a copy of it and they can send it to me. All they can send to me is a copy of the agreement... but there is no evidence that I ever signed or dated it. It's just a copy that can be sent out to anybody. I never saw it, but because it exist, everybody is suppose to have automatically agreed to it when they sign up for this service regardless of if you have ever read it or not. I went through their arbitration process to no avail. It's the same thing... because they have the agreement in existence, we are bound to it. I went through the credit card company to dispute this as well. The Credit Card company even stated that it was proof to them that the charge was legit because they have a copy of this agreement on file, unsigned.

So now, we are stuck paying this extra $295 that we couldn't afford in the first place and was the reason why we were cancelling the service. Since then, I have helped somebody else contact CenturyLink in regards to signing up for services. At the time of signing up, I asked them about the terms and agreement. I asked them if they could tell me specifically what the fee is going to be for early termination. The actually fee is not listed in the agreement. It just states that you are subject to one, but no specific amount is listed. If there is still a lawsuit in place for this, I would like to be part of it. Please let me know if there is any further direction that we can take on this. Thank you.

4 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I signed up for automatic bill pay a good 3 or 4 months ago. It finally went through with my April billing. The site they tell you to go to does not give me the option to request my gift card. Now I see in the small print that the promotion ended 1/31/13. I applied for the card before then it's not my fault if they took 4months to put it through. There is some thing wrong here!

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I placed an order for service the end of July 2012. After a few phone conversations with different representative i finally got one who could take the order. I was promised a $150.00 gift card for the trouble and obtaining the service. I was told that a post card would come in the mail and to fill it out then send it back , it has been close to months and I have yet to receive a postcard. I have called numerous times to inquire about the $150.00 giftcard . Each time I get the same response the postard is coming. I truly fell as if this is a scam.

3 Customers agree with this feedback

5 reasons I hate CenturyLink

1) asked to use my existing phone number for their phone and internet pkg, and they said yes. Upon installation I saw brand new phone number on top of too slow internet service.
2) called Fri night to say I rescind my order. They said wait until Monday to cancel.
3) called Saturday to ask where to drop off modem. They said take to Lloyd Center Mall. Took it there, and they refused to accept it. Said call on Monday.
4) On Monday called customer service to cancel service. They said to put on return address label and drop off modem at local post office. I said the label says UPS, and said it 2 more times. Each time they said take it to post office.
5) took to post office who refused to accept it. Had to find UPS store to mail it.

This is the worst customer service I have experienced. Full of inept people who don't know company policy at all. Customer service person yawned loudly many times while talking with me. Also was told I would see a bill soon since they bill a month in advance. I had service for one day before attempting to cancel. What a huge rip-off joint.

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

My Family and I have been customers of CenturyLink for about five years now. We have used the internet and the home phone bundle, but then we decided that we did not need a house phone anymore. The internet service is the only service we use now. Customer service has been exceptional to us. The Internet speed has always been affordable, and almost no problems have occurred until now.

My mother pays $56 every month for regular speed internet which is fair, but what is not fair is not having the internet work. It was a Monday afternoon, around 5 pm on January 5, 2015 when I planned on watching a movie to celebrate the death of my winter break to find my laptop denying me internet access. I reloaded the page, thinking there was problem with my laptop. I soon found that out to be false when I checked my C1000Z modem’s DSL light. The DSL light on the far left was red and the internet light was off which indicated the internet was cut off. That is when I knew I would call CenturyLink’s technical support line the next day. I understand that technical difficulties just happen to occur accidentally, but what I do not fully comprehend is why it takes four different technicians to fix one internet issue. The three men swearing they could fix it, left swearing they would come back tomorrow and try again, but they never did. One of the technicians named Max actually fixed the internet issue for the night, but during the afternoon I came home to futile internet service. I do not know if Max and the other two tech guys inadvertently repaired my internet access, but what I do know is one technician came over to my house at 5 pm on Friday and fixed my internet service in less than thirty minutes. His name was Abel and he claimed one of the chords had not been plugged in which caused my internet access to go down. Another major issue I encountered was every time I tried to call a technician out for the job, I had to be told instructions such as “plug the green cord out of the DSL port, and plug it back in” or “look for other ports around the house to plug the green cord in” which involved me and my sisters moving heavy furniture out of the way. I was told that I had to do the long set of instructions before I called a tech guy out there even though I had told the other person on the line I had already done these steps multiple times before, and it ended up as a waste of time.

I, along with my mother who pays the internet bill, believe we should not pay for the three days the internet access was down. For all the distress caused, we would also like 30% off on next month’s payment. Please respond back in the next two weeks. Thank you for your consideration and time.

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I was on the phone about 3 months ago and the rep encouraged me to quit Cricket and switch over to Verizon but bill would go thru Century link at $25 per month, basic phone. It has been over 3 months and I have to pay Verizon almost $200 on this deal because the rep did not carry thru. Now Century is telling me there is no record of this transaction. So now Im having to pay Verizon $51 per month versus $25 per month. I am a senior citizen and have a limited income, and cannot afford the Verizon amount but i am stuck now with a contract for two years. Both companies, Century Link and Verizon switch me back and forth saying the other is responsible and so I am stuck.

Customer Rating

After joining Century link high speed internet, I was told I would get information in the mail on how to obtain a $ 50 reward. I received a card with a campaign code of 11-52642 instructing to go to Centurylink.com/getmyreward and enter the aforementioned campaign code. I was not able to enter the information into any of the web sites listed. A nice scam from Century link

Customer Rating

I had been with a cable company for 3 yrs and was scared to change service. Was promised by CenturyLink with a good review that I would get 150.000 gift card & they told me the service I would be getting would be no more than 125.00 a month at the most 150.00.

I had to set up my own router & get my computer set up. Then after 2 months waiting on the $150 CenturyLink gift card I called and they said i had to register and it would be out soon. What no one told me that. I couldn't find it on their website or anywhere!

CenturyLink did not give me a link. I had to Google it in order to find it, and it ended up being www.centurylink.com/getmygiftcard. So I found it put it in then the website says I would be getting it in Feb. Here I claimed for it in Nov and have had service since late august early September.

Then my bills I never get the same bill even though we don't order movies at all. They are never the same, which is why I went online to discover more CenturyLink customer reviews.

One month it will be 89.?? then the next it will be 199.99. I asked why, oh we are not getting direct tv's bill because of the billing cycle! I do not like fluctuating bills from one month to the next. I am in a 2yr contract with Direct so thanks to CenturyLink yeah they have me right now. I wish I could just break the complete contract and leave their company.

I don't see having a computer/phone running 89.00 a month Not when it all free and unlimited. The sales personnel def. feed you a line to get you. They know you will never speak to the same representative again they don't care, that's why more complaints will be filed and posted online against them.

I haven't received my 150.oo gift card from century link as promised..have spoke to 3 company reps. and they claim it was sent on 11/30/12..still haven't seen it..whats the deal..? I submitted it back in Sept..

The website link is: www.centurylink.com/getmygiftcard

Customer Rating

I have tried for several months to talk to someone about my bill constantly going up but my service constantly going down. I pay almost 100 a month for internet that works part of the time. My bill started out at 50 and has gone up. been with this company for over 10 years and there service just gets worse.. They know that i can't get any other internet where i live that doesn't charge by gigbyte. So they figure they can do what they want to their customers

Customer Rating

I was promised a $50.00 gift card and to date I have not received one. We signed up for the bundle package and was promised this gift card. We started receiving this package in August 2014. I want my gift card!!!!!!!! Please help! Account #7196215 Direct TV Account # 308111879 Centurylink

Customer Rating

I responded to an ad you were running in January this year because Comcast (whom I had been with for about 12 years+) just kept going up all the time and they kept making less programs available to me every time. Your representative told me that by bundling with Centurylink (phone/direct TV/internet) I would get many more programs (most of which I find are trash or children's programs - I am on social security) and it would amount to $90+ dollars a month. He told me I would also get $25.00 off my first bill (estimated that to be about $115), and two prepaid visa cards - one for $100.00 and one for $50.00 after six weeks. My first bill from you was $150.00!!!

When I called about this they among other things said that because of the bill timing the next month would be about $70.00 and yes, I would get the two visa cards after six weeks. My next bill was $102.00. Since January 8 when I took on Centurylink, I have heard nothing about the visa cards. I called and was told that they were only going to send me one visa card for $100.00 and that was that. They gave me a number to register 670236208 and said I should log in to centurylinkrewardoffer.com which I did - GOOD LUCK WITH THAT. I want this matter resolved right now. As far as I am concerned this is a fraud, and demand that you live up to your agreement - so far I am getting terrible internet ability and bills are not as promised - and as above, I do not have the visa cards I was supposed to get.

Customer Rating

Chatted to get a new promotion since the last one was ending. I was told I could only save by signing up for home phone service and then it would only save me $20 off my new full rate. I signed up with another company because I could find a better deal. Called to cancel my service and he told me he was able to drop my service to cheaper then it was before for a one year term. I told him it was to late. He then offered me more deals. I told I would like to cancel. He then proceeded to tell me since my one year was not up until the 3rd of April I would not be able to cancel today unless I paid the early termination fee. I asked him to move the cancellation out to April 3rd, he was unable to his system only lets him move it to then end of the current month. I asked if there was any way around that and he said just for me to pay the ETF or to stay with them. I then told him I would call back on the first.

Customer Rating

Since renewing my internet contract 4 months ago, CenturyLink has overcharged me every single month. I just removed auto pay from my account since CenturyLink is doing no less than stealing from me each month. I am now told that it is impossible for them to give me the internet rate I was promised, if I don't re-enable auto pay (which wasn't part of the terms). However, I have had auto pay enable for the past 4 months (longer, actually), and they've demonstrated that they'll still overcharge me with auto pay enabled. You'd think that 4+ months would be plenty of time for a company the size of CenturyLink to fix my bill. Instead, they're not upholding their end of their legal agreement to charge me the rate quoted to me.

To top it off, their customer service (specifically, the Customer Advocacy Group), shows little interest or ability to actually resolve this. I've asked to speak with someone higher up, and they outright refuse to transfer me. I've had to take many hours away from both work and family in order to address this seemingly never-ending issue, yet I've not once gotten any sort of acknowledgement that my time is valuable. Most companies I deal with would bend over backwards to keep a customer loyal. I'm not a complainer by nature. I don't ask for freebies or handouts. All I ask for is that CenturyLink honor it's end of the deal and charge me appropriately. I also ask that they somehow make things right and reimburse me for the time I've "had" to spend to resolve this (believe me, I'd much rather spend my time with family than deal with CenturyLink). Centurylong, this is no way to treat a customer.

Customer Rating

I had Comcast television and internet for sixteen years. Thought I could save with bundling with Century Link and Direct Tv....at least that is what the Century Link agent lead me to believe. First off, they never told me there would be a two-year commitment with Direct Tv. When Direct came out to hook it up, I wasn't home and my son signed for it. Didn't get a bill for four months....Century Link told me that Direct would send my bill...wrong! I keep getting the wrong amounts for my billing on my internet...four times the amount originally quoted. They also hooked up my internet incorrectly with not near the speed again that was quoted! Everything about Century Link is AWFUL! Even when I go online for my billing, that is messed up. I punch in amounts paid in the last year, and they show one payment, etc. Don't do business with this company!

Customer Rating

I have been a CenturyLink customer for 35 years as there is no other service available to me in my area. I feel it is criminal how they can "give you a deal" in a bundle package and you end up getting screwed. The last "bundle" I agreed to included long distance services which I don't use, but it was supposed to "save me money". The regular phone service charged extra fees of $12.47 (federal access charge, extended area service, non-telecom svc surcharge, access recovery charge)...which is rip-off enough, but the long distance portion of the bill has it's own fees included (State sales, special district sales, federal telecom relay service fee, federal universal service fund, state and local taxes, federal universal services fund, federal telecom relay service). WTH!! How can they get by with this!!

Contact the CenturyLink Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to CenturyLink. What is their corporate mailing address?

100 Centurylink Drive, Monroe, LA 71201
  • I want to call the CenturyLink customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

318-388-9000
  • I need to visit the CenturyLink company website. What is their website address?