Customer Satisfaction Results
1.98 out of 5 Stars
114 Consumer Reviews

CenturyLink
Complaint Department

CenturyLink is a Fortune 500 Company in the worldwide telecommunications industry. Founded in 1968 CenturyLink was formerly called Central Telephone and Electronic, Inc. With 47,000 employees, this publicly owned (NYSE “CTL”) grossed more than US 18 billion in revenue and US 773 million in net income in 2012. The CEO is Glen F. Post, III. Their subsidiaries are Century Tel, Embarq, Qwest and Savvis.

If you need customer service their website has bilingual (English/Spanish) service with a live chat that you can reached at 1-866-904-1817. You can also mail their corporate office directly at 100 CenturyLink Drive, Monroe, LA 71230. The best option to file a complaint would be using our online form. If you are having tech support issues they have an entire page dedicated to that as well.

Their website has a tab for quick bill paying and “How to Use, Troubleshooting or Fix Services”. They host topics such as Corporate, Bright Ideas and Security on their Blog with recent articles about ‘retailers this season’ and ‘the next generation of cyber security’. CenturyLink has a presence in social media through Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Google+. Their corporate account on Twitter is most responsive @CenturyLink or send an urgent request to them using the Twitter handle .

Have you had problems with CenturyLink?

Compare CenturyLink to Similar Cable TV more...

Top 114 Reviews about CenturyLink

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a CenturyLink customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

I have had CenturyLink as my internet provider for nearly 4 years and have never had uninterrupted service. It cuts in and out throughout each and every day. I have called numerous times and written numerous emails and, to this day, CenturyLink has been unable to provide service. I had CenturyLink for my home phone line, but had to go with another provider because it never worked. We could make outgoing calls, but could not receive calls.

My mother had CenturyLink internet and phone at her home across town for 10+ years and had the same problems. I have been using the internet in my home since dial-up in the 80s and never had a provider, until CenturyLink, who could not give me uninterrupted service. I'm not sure CenturyLink should be called and "internet provider" since they don't provide uninterrupted access to the internet. If Hillary Clinton had used CenturyLink as a provider, she would not be in trouble now as her "top secret" emails would never have been sent/received. Below are the two most recent email complaints I have sent. The problem still has not been fixed.

Why doesn’t CenturyLink get out of my town and let us get a real internet provider. For 1 week after my last complaint, my internet was fairly dependable. Of course shortly after that I was watching a movie at 1am and, of course, wasn’t able to finish it. The same thing happened the next night. I'm guessing that CenturyLink believes it is ok to take down a signal in the middle of the night because no one would be watching in the middle of the night. Wrong. I need my signal available 24/7. I must not be the only one complaining as I see the CenturyLink truck in the neighborhood. When that happens, the internet connection only gets worse.

After my last complaint, a tech called. I didn’t answer the phone because I don’t generally answer for #s I don’t recognize unless I’m expecting it. He left no message (I figured it was a sales call). He called again the next day, left a message and said he would call again, never did. Last night about 12:50pm, the signal kept going on/off so, of course, I wasn’t able to watch TV. It had been on/off all evening, but I completely lost the connection for some time. Today, it hasn’t been on more than a few seconds at a time. So, again, I can’t use it to connect with family or friends or conduct business. Heck, I can’t even send in a complaint to CenturyLink. Oh, and guess what.

There was a CenturyLink truck in the neighborhood yesterday, so today’s inconsistency isn’t entirely unexpected. Do something, please. There is no reason that you can’t provide quality service. I am paying for it and I am entitled to it. You promised to provide quality service, do it! CenturyLink sends me an advertisement every week asking me to upgrade. I am not ever going to pay more for service that you cannot provide. Fix it. Fix it now.

Upvote (0)

We signed up for centurylink bundled service last July. At that time there was a $100.00 gift card offered for doing so. In October I received an email that the reward was on its way. Today is January 29,2016. Still have not received the $100.00 gift card. When can I expect it?

Upvote (0)

As of sometime after 6 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, January 21, 2016, we have no service on our land line. To add insult to injury, we do not have cell service at our home (due to our location). My husband and I have family members with severe health issues. If something were to happen to them, they have no way to contact us and vice versa. I had to drive to a location in the middle of our small town to get enough of a cell signal just to report the problem with our "home phone service".

It was pouring rain, it was lightning, and extremely cold. CenturyLink is unreliable (and incompetent) at best. When I did talk to someone I was told that it would Monday, January 25, 2016, by 6 p.m. before a technician would be available to evaluate the problem. I was also told that there would be a service charge on top of the ungodly fee we already pay for said unreliable service. This is not the first time we have had problems with CenturyLink. Because we live in a small town (in the middle of nowhere) we are held hostage by those that provide our "phone service". From prior experience, the technical support (this term is used loosely) is (as stated before) is as unreliable (and incompetent) as the "service" they offer. I can assure you we will be looking for an alternative to put an end this situation.

Nothing else will be tolerated.

Upvote (1)

I received a bill that I did not make! Then it went to CenturyLink collections. I have proof that I NEVER lived in Spokane Wa. I'M a victim of identity theft. I have a police report that states this. When I called the collection company they said I was lying and I have to pay this bill. I also tried calling century link and to report the mistake and I was a victim of identity theft, the customer service person didn't believe me either.

So this person is using my maiden name. I've been married for 10 years. My identity was stolen approx. 2001 and I lived with my mom at the time. My mom said that every person should be photo graphed when they sign up and their pic shows up with there account so someone can prove who they are. Also setup a security code word for extra security.

Upvote (0)

I have a CenturyLink complaint – each day, I receive approximately 15 calls from the following number: 201-402-2298; they do not leave a message and when I answer the phone, it’s an automated recording thanking me for going to their website; I never hear the first part of the message, only the ending; Weekend calls also happen but it’s no 15 calls, more like 6 calls. On my phone, I do not accept solicitors so they need to press one to continue. I have made several attempts to call this number – choosing option 1 to have English; and then I get a repetitive message telling me that my call is being forwarded to a CenturyLink agent. This never happens. Could you please let me how I get them to stop calling me? It is quite annoying.

Upvote (0)

When Century Link tried to bill my card doing an ACH withdrawl using my account and routing number, they submitted the charge to my bank using my email address instead of my name. My bank refused the charge citing the wrong name. It took me being passed around to three people when I called Century Link to get help. I was not going to pay the extra $25 fee because of their mistake. Today I tried to redeem my reward of a $100 visa card. I tried several times entering my "campaign code" as well as my Century Link account number. I kept being run around in circles with this and I am unable to redeem the reward. I feel like this is fake just to get people to sign for service through Century Link.

Upvote (0)

Called CenturyLink billing department to complain and then to cancel service because bill keep going up. Their retention dept said I wasn't getting all the discounts I should be and my bill would be lowered to $135 a month well just received my bill and it went up to $277. This company trains it's people to lie to customers stay away from them at all costs. Horrible practices by the corporate office.

Upvote (0)

I canceled my order for CenturyLink's product but they hijacked my phone any way. Then I had to pay to get my line back to Comcast. Then CenturyLink billing department sent me a bill and I told you that I did not want the service so they sent me a bill for it. Then they put a hit on my credit which I disputed but no one has called me from customer service or the CenturyLink corporate offices. I'm about to engage a lawyer to sue for damages.

Upvote (0)

Like a lot of people here, my experience has been awful. Actually, the customer service people have been ok, it's the techs that don't show up. Seriously, I make an appointment for a tech to come out, take a day off from work, and they don't show up. Nothing. Four days later, they decide to show up. Problem is, they still can't fix their crap internet. Never thought I would miss Charter, but at least it worked. Centurylink customer service department is just awful. Sadly, I've heard satellite is even worse.

Upvote (0)

I called CenturyLink customer service line and was left on hold for 35 min. This service is the worst I have ever had with any of our service over all. I called because our bill arrived and it AGAIN was up in our cost. I have basic service internet and phone with CenturyLink what a joke it is now 196.61. The month before I call because it was also up in cost to 181.19. I was told my discounts were gone and they would give me a large$10.00 . sept. my bill was $170.55 . I have had my problems with internet nothing was done, TV was out for a night again nothing. I have recommended, many of people to CenturyLink and they to have issues. I will discontinue all three of our services if No Response is addressed.

I am sure you would agree that 35 minutes is inexcusable. After all that time being on hold I hung up and was in raged of the lack of response to my call. It my be the company needs to hire more people of competent people and supervisors. If you check our phone you will see exactly what is happening. Also we pay our the day it comes into our home. This experience has me rethinking the service and curability of CenturyLink corporate offices and the whole company. We have all three of your services! I look forward to hearing from you regarding this matter. As a footnote I have many other with the same experience. If you need names I'll be happy to have them contact you also.

Upvote (2)

A salesman representing Century Link and direct TV said I could get both items for less than Comcast and I would have a 3 day cooling off period by mailing a letter enclosed with my paper work declining the offer. I declined the offer on the weekend and Century Link had already hijacked my phone from Comcast. The century link phone would have been great for a hermit cause no buddy could call in on my phone. I even enlisted a Consumer Complaint Investigator from the State of Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission. I received Her letter back today saying your cancellation request was received after the order for service was completed July 31,2015. The date of post mark ended service before July 31,2015. This multibillion dollar Corporation took advantage of me and refused to pay me back. The phone didn't even work! No calls could be made to it! There salesmen enticed me with the promise of a 100 dollar Visa rebate card when I signed up. I have no idea what happened to that. I do no this is a multibillion dollar company getting rich off ripping off Senior citizens!

Upvote (0)

I suppose to get a $100 prepaid visa card they told me it takes 4 to 8 weeks to get it which I know that is a lie and bull and they are commenting fraud and a scam so I don't trust this company. I want to see my prepaid card in my mailbox first before I pay them one cent.

Upvote (0)

I got my CenturyLink cable service via internet. I did not see the contract (with the year and a half requirement to stay with them or pay $20/month if leave. I have telephone service and internet via CenturyLink and kept hearing how much I would save if I added the TV dish service. Someone quoted me $10.00 savings but when I actually did add the Dish (Direct TV) it was only a $5.00 savings. I got the Choice channel package, which was the only thing I was offered. A few months later, I realized that the Select was cheaper and changed to that. The person who did the change did not tell me that (for some reason) going to a cheaper package would result in a higher bill as opposed to lower. I have many more channels than I need and this service is way too expensive.

Upvote (0)

A few weeks ago I called centurylink because I was only getting download speeds of about 650Kbs. I pay for 1.5 Mbs. They told me that there was nothing they could do and that it was normal. No... that's thievery. Recently my download speed has gone down more. Even more now. I'm only getting about 150 Kbs now. I will be dropping centurylink the first chance i get.

Upvote (0)

Hello. I called to have questions answered before I signed up for anything. The man I talked to was unable to answer questions to my satisfaction and at the end of the call, I received the impression he was no longer interested in signing me up. That turned out to be wrong when I opened my door and found the tech standing there. I told him I was not interested. He understood and left. Now I`ve received a bill from Century Link, even though I don`t have the service. The bill says I have an account number. What happened?

Upvote (0)

So I signed up with CenturyLink just to try it out... quickly switched to comcast as they had better speeds in my area. I go to cancel CenturyLink, and they tell me it will be a 200$ fee since I am on a contract. Here's the thing. I EXPLICITLY said I did not want a contract when I signed up. I said it multiple times, and got verbal confirmation multiple times that I would be billed month to month. But apparently, because it said somewhere in the bill that I was on a yearly contract, I was passively agreeing to that contract. Is this legal? How can they tell you one thing on the phone, put another thing in on the computer, and stick you with the burden of proof? No matter how good the deal sounds on the phone, don't believe it. They will stick you with whatever the hell they feel like.

Upvote (2)

Was sold a bundle deal for DSL with DirecTV and promised combined price under $100 per month. They've been charging me $70 per month for DirecTV and $70 for DSL, separately. I called to get clarification and was transferred 7 times within CenturyLInk (disconnected once) only to be told that I should have noticed this before my 30 days were up. During this time DirecTV was also included in the transferring and I have to say that they were kind enough to only have 1 person need to assist me in getting their part of the plan priced correctly. She was on the call with me for the last 3 transfers. Their people were helpless, rude, or both and it was extremely off-putting.

Here's the details: CentruyLink promotes a bundle for less than $100 per month to have DirecTV and CenturyLink DSL. This is for the slow DSL, but "hey, that's ok because you can upgrade your speed for only $10 per month!" Well in my area they apparently do not even offer slow DSL. I'm in one of the largest suburbs of Minneapolis and in a very established neighborhood. Qwest (now CenturyLink) is not new to this area. After modem rental and faster internet I was under the impression I was to be paying $110 or maybe a bit more per month for internet and satellite. My bill came and I was charged $130. OK, installation and setup fees or whatever, what's $20? That same month I got another charge for $70. Hmm... must have been setup for DirecTV? OK, I'm sure it will work out. Fast forward 2 months and suddenly I'm aware that they are billing me $40 more than what I expected.

How did I not notice this, you might ask? Well when I set up my account I opted to have e-statements. You know, save trees and the planet and stuff. This is all fine except that when they took down my email address they left out a letter. So no statements or explanations in writing. Just surprise charges. The single most frustrating part of this all is after almost 2 hours on the phone with these people I am told that me not understanding the charges is simply my fault and there's nothing they can or will do, including some extremely disrespectful comments. I am planning on discontinuing service as soon as possible, even if this means an early termination fee, because doing business with a company like this is simply impossible.

Upvote (0)

Worst company ever! I switched from Dish to Centurylink prism. We had a salesperson in our neighborhood that sold us on Centurylink. Big mistake! We were quoted $172/month for phone, internet and cable. We get the bill and they've raised it to $189/month. We were told, sorry, nothing can be done. We were told that our first bill would be "a little more than normal" as we would be billed for a pro-rated month and a full month. They sent us 2 smaller invoices and then we got hit with a bill for $572! Once again, we were told nothing can be done. We were informed this is normal for their billing. What a crock! Such a crooked company. I encourage everyone who has had problems with Centurylink to file a complaint with the BBB. Let's shut these crooks down!.

Upvote (0)

For the last year+ I have had nothing but problems from party lines to noise on the line so bad could not hear who I called and now my DSL for the last 6 months is terrible to say the least. To this day still having problems !! I still have to pay my bill I have hours and hours on the phone with them, if I could they would get -1 star

Upvote (0)

On 6-26-2015 I spoke with a Centurylink sales rep. and agreed to a bundle pkg. that I was told would come with a free phone, Direct tv 150 pkg. and internet service in my home. The price was quoted to me of $58.00 dollars the first year of contract & $111.00 for the second year and I was to get two $50.00 visa gift cards. with in three days I got a phone from verizon which is a cheap little piece of plastic junk. Two days later I received a bill from verizon for $25.84 monthly charges,$47.40 for verizon wireless surcharges and other charges & credits and $6.61 taxes,governmental surcharges & fees for a total of $79.85. That is what my free phone cost and I was not even made aware that I would be billed by verizon for phone service, I was made to beleive the whole deal was in the bundle. when the centurylink bill came it was $100.58 AS they had signed me up for the Direct tv ultimate pkg.

I spent countless hours on the phone with cust. service and supervisors only to be told they would investigate. They never did anything but lie and hang up on me. They clearly use deceptive trade pra. I have been dealing with them for yrs. as they are the only provider here. I am 69 yrs. old and they are by far the worst co. I've ever came across in my life. As of today I called Direct and got my entertainment pkg. dropped by about $30.00 I hope it is 9/23/15 so we'll see what happens. No thanks to Centurylink. BE careful if you have to deal with this company. You have to call and fight with them almost every month because they keep jacking up your so plan on spending a lot of time on the phone trying to navigate their system and don't believe a word they tell you. I rate them minus 5 stars and then some.

Upvote (0)

I saw this on the link, was also instructed to visit centurylink.com/getmyreward, to put in a campaign code, than submit. For the life of me I have not been able to find this link, please help, could also use the Visa Prepaid card.

Upvote (0)

I recently switched from Dish to DirectTV because Direct offered internet; I later discovered that the internet is via Century Link. Century Link ( CL) came on Wednesday afternoon, May 20th, to install their portion. Today, Friday, May 22, I went into my backyard and discovered an orange cable from the CL box down my backyard, across the gravel drive to the garage, and draped over a 6 foot fence; thence down an alley about 15 yards, ACROSS the alley which is regularly traversed by large dump trucks, and into the back yard of a private residence. It APPEARS to go into a telephone work station pole. When I called CL to express my concerns, I was on hold for over 35 minutes or alternatively transferred, then given another number to call!

When I called THAT number I was AGAIN on hold for quite some time before someone actually said they would send a technician out "sometime within the next 48 hours." The work CL has done is slipshod at best, and reflects poorly on the company. It is far and away superior, however, to the companys customer service!!! I have a video of this orange cable into the alleyway on my iPhone which I will gladly share should anyone need a visual explanation to go along with this complaint. Ever the optimist, I hope to post a satisfactory resolution in the next 48 hours. Stay tuned...........

Upvote (0)

November 2014, I was going to cancel my home phone. I called Century Link and stopped it after changing my mind. I asked if this was going to cause a problem with getting my same number. I was told no. It would take a couple of days and be back to regular.

When I called my daughter to tell her I re-instated my phone she said the number was different on her caller ID. I called Century Link back and after they told me they had it fixed. In the next month or two I received a bill for over $700. I called the company back. At this point, I have been on hold for over ten hours working on this.

They had been billing me the wrong amounts on the internet because when they missed up the account forgot to put the bundle back. They told me the adjustment was to high to refund. They told me it was because they had changed my account number when they gave me the wrong number and the auto pay stopped in September. I paid the bill and asked for copies.

I have made many, many calls to them. They told me they can't find my records before this happened. I have spoke with may supervisors stating they were going to research this and call me. No calls! The next couple of months I received bills that were never the same amounts. They said they had credits of each bill I assumed it was due to the billing error.

Today, they turned me off. I called on the billing yesterday to ask why my new bill was over $500. The person said it was due to someone else's account number being put on my direct tv account. I asked to hold off on the auto draft until they could send me the statements.

For some reason last month the auto pay started back up on it's own. My bill is normally due the 25th of the month but today is the 20th and I have no cable. They say I'm past due because they put an adjustment on this bill for $317.00 in which they say they had someone else's account number on my direct tv account. I called direct tv and they say I'm current.

I work in customer service and I can say I have never in my life dealt with such rude and non caring people. As of today, I have spent over 17 hours either holding or talking to your company. No one seems to take responsibility to get this fixed. I have been transferred 13 times of which I was told that is not my department. Who's is it?

Upvote (0)

They only delivered 1/4 the service you pay for unbearable low upload speeds on a 40mps plan and CS will do nothing to help you. I thought this was a class action lawsuit, not just a complaint form because that is what's needed. They are ripping of me and several others in the Youngtown/Sun City Area Because they think us older folks will not catch on. They gave me the run around for half a year now. First they said it was the modem that I bought from them for way too much so got another one. Nothing changed then. They claimed it was my Ethernet Card got a new one still no fix, then they claim its my cable so got a new cable with large bandwidth still not fixed they 100% refuse to send any one out to check the lines and they want to charge me $120 for a tech to come out to my house

Upvote (0)

I'm emailing on behalf of my mother. The residential phone service that you provide is very unreliable. It seems to stop working every weekend. There has been a service order on her phone at least 3-4 times over the last month and this is UNSATISFACTORY.

She relies on that phone for her safety and well-being. She is unable to contact 911 Emergency if necessary. Also, when I try to call on her behalf and report the outage, Customer Service refuses to talk to me. Well, how do you think she can report the outage if her phone is not working?? This is very dangerous and CenturyLink is negligent of their handling of this. Please treat this as a formal complaint and forward this to the President of the company.

Upvote (0)

Eight years of CenturyLink and it's been nothing but problems! This latest problem has been ongoing five months. Over 70 calls to customer no-service and they still refuse to fix the problems. In 2013 I had four technicians come out to troubleshoot the line and finally had to find the burned NID connection myself when the phantom ringing started in the middle of the night; then it took over 40 minutes to explain to the call taker that they needed to replace the NID, all because she kept insisting that I was not allowed to open the NID. In my thirty years working in industry, I have never seen a company so consistently incompetent as CenturyLink!

Upvote (0)

I pay almost $80 per month for 7mbps yet best speeds I get are .5 on average. I've had enough.

Upvote (0)

I have never delt with such a unprofessional & unorganized company. I began services in Jan. 2015 and that was the worst mistake as I have had the same 2+ hour conversation with these people monthly. They continue to shut my internet off due to "no payment" when they owe for an outrageous overpayment! I've been hung up on for asking for the persons badge number, location & name (which I was advised to do from Direct Tv) I've been placed on hold for over 20 minutes while they are "trying to fix my account" at the end of every phone call, I feel relieved, they tell me they are wrong, this is their mistake, assure me this will be corrected and apologize up & down.

Considering "supervisors" don't ever seem available to talk, I have been guaranteed twice now they will contact me the following day. They never do, I just receive another outrageous $300+ bill for Internet only! I don't even have a working computer in my home. I use wifi for TV & my son has an iPad. I'm a single mother of a precious sweet boy. I work full-time to make ends meet. I have spent countless hours on the phone with this company in the past 5 months (which I have NEVER done with any other company in my life!) I could have used that time with my little boy as I don't get much of it. This company disgusts me & if I could, I would sue them for my time. Save yourself the monthly headache.. Go with a different company.

Upvote (0)

When I changed cellphone services I kept the number. The number prefix shows out of the local area and suddenly I started being charged long distance when I call my cell phone from my residence. The cellphone company is in the same city that I live in and the calls (ones charged) were local. The CenturyLink people offered no resolution and in so many word "that is the way it is."

Upvote (1)

I spent 45 min. last night in your chat room trying to resolve this issue. You obviously have some dumb people working there. No one could even get back to me to answer my problem. I received a postcard in the mail to compete a promotion for my prepaid visa card. I was instructed to visit centurylink.com/getmy reward to enter a campaign code to complete the transaction online. Well.....,that is NOT a website and my server said it was unsafe!!

Is this another bogus promotion from you?? What the heck? I would expect to find a link on your website for reward center and there is nothing! I logged on to my century link account and couldn't find a thing about this prepaid visa reward. What is up with this? You need to make it a little easier to redeem this. Please advise how I can complete this promotion as I will not log on to an unsafe website!

Upvote (2)

My wife & I have had a lot of problems with the service at CenturyLink. Our billing keeps going up every time we get our next bill!! Can we cancel our service because of poor service?? If not, we want to let you know we won't renew our contract when our year's contract is up!! We are going back to Comcast. They didn't keep raisiing our monthly bill EVERY time we got our next bill & the service was not having lines in the screen or frozen screens. We had a tech come our and nothing the tech did helped solve the problem.. We will not pay a high billing price to watch television. One high note: the internet speed is really good, but that is the only thing we can say that is a plus!!

Upvote (2)

First it was not having internet service hooked up, then it was at a speed lower than I was paying for, now you turned my e-mail off. In total I have spent something more than 3 hours trying to get everything resolved. Today alone I have been transferred 3 times to people who say "sorry, that is not my account. I will transfer you to someone who can assist you." - 40 minutes latter I hung-up! I have been a customer for over 12 years, been a stock holder and now I am one pissed off customer! Why can't Centurylink transfer accounts between systems and why can't your service reps do their jobs? I will not sit on hold anymore for you guys to get it right, please call me with someone who can help.

Upvote (0)

I have no complaint with the internet service I signed up for or the installation. However, customer is the WORST!!!!! I called a few days after getting the internet service in regard to a commercial that CenturyTel is broadcasting that offers broadband plus direct TV for $45 per month. I have spoken to no less than 9 different representatives asking about this package. I have been told, that I am mistaken, I misunderstood, I didn't see what I thought, that does not exist and a few other frustrating comments. I watched the ad on television several times and was sure of what I saw, but pulled it up on the internet and watched it several times to be sure I understood. Still I am told it does not exist. False advertising?????

I was told when I signed up for internet service that my first bill would be a certain amount and even received an email confirming that amount. Guess what! My bill was nearly twice what I was quoted!! Of course I didn't receive the bill until AFTER the 30 day window in which I could have cancelled the service had passed. Had I known in that 30 days what they were charging me I most assuredly would have cancelled. I am quite sure that the timing was well calculated to force people to pay for the length of the contract and con us into having to pay higher rates because we don't know what they are up to until it is too late.

Upvote (1)

I have also been lied to and cheated by this company for the past year and a half, since the end of 2013. I have called them on it every month. They offer to set things right and quote me a price to resolve things and then when I get the next months bill, it's twice what it should be. Do they really train people to be this inept in accounting or what is really going on? i have asked for an explanation of the so-called 'services' that seems to double the cost and all I get is double talk. I hate having to call every month to straighten out my bill and have to listen to gobbledygook every time. I realize this is just a complaint website to sound off and nothing will ever come from it, but it helps to vent with others who understand. If a lawyer ever gets this, I hope CenturyLink has to pay double damages, just like they charge others.

Upvote (1)

CEO: Glen F. Post III - CFO: R. Stewart Ewing Jr. - COO: Karen A. Puckett. I have contacted the CenturyLink technical line several times over the past 3 weeks. Each time I use the "chat" feature I make contact with a "technician" who does not know how to solve my problem. My internet works. I am paying for the 1 Gbps download and 25 Mbps Upload capability. I am receiving 24-25 Mbps download and 1.04 Mbps Upload. My Prism appears to work as normal. My problem is I have no telephone service. I am paying for the blanket Phone>Inside>outside>local>Long distance repair capability. First of all when I contact your technical section online, I am warned that it will cost me $85 to have my inside lines fixed if your repairman finds the problem is inside the house. I don't appreciate this threat.

According to your Retail center office (where I have to drive to during their business hours) I am protected even if my phone itself fails (I have been there several times recently and that is the only way I get any help). It is now Easter Sunday. I wanted to call my family members and wish them a Happy Easter! Could I? NO! Because my telephone portion of the CenturyLink service is off again. Thank you. I am anticipating a Job offer from Glaxo Smith Kline which opportunity I may have lost over the past week due to the telephone service at my house having "NO LINE". I finally got a service repairman to come out Saturday. Of course the phone was working fine when he arrived. He chalked it up to "intermittent mystery problem". The telephone lines that run from the poles outside of my subdivision through the neighborhood were installed by a JackLeg subcontractor that Embarq hired to slam them into the ground several years ago.

There used to be audible cross-talk on the lines. Now it appears "according to your repairman", that a possible problem with these old lines may be affecting my phone. There are some loggers tearing up the wooded area behind my house about 200 yards away. Your service technician suggested that may be part of the problem. I doubt that because the lines run parallel to the street and it is nowhere near the work being done. Most people are shying away from landlines in this country. It is probable you will continue to lose more customers by continuing with the unconcerned attitude your company appears to be taking with this issue. "Why bother to fix the root cause of the problem, when the customer is probably going to use a cellular device anyway?" I choose a landline at my home because there are two converging cells at my house. One company in the living room, a different cell company in the bedrooms. The cellular reception on either is hideous. Are you trying to force me to use a cellular phone and dump my landline?
Is there someone at the switch (and I know you have switches) flicking mine off as part of some perceived "funny joke"?

Perhaps your repairman could come out and rip the entire phone wiring system out of my house and replace it guaranteeing elimination of that as part of the problem. Everytime a service technician has been out here they connect their meters and equipment and find no problem. It's similar to when you are so sick you feel like you're dying and as soon as the doctor puts the stethoscope on your chest you feel fine.
Your online chat is pretty much worthless. You do not allow your attendants to make a contact to the people at your company who can "supposedly" really help (the 800 numbers). They say because they are a chat that you do not allow them to make telephone contact to your various helplines for your customers. When my landline is inoperative, as it is right this minute: 7:04pm 04/05/15, and I contact the "chat" help, the attendant is, by your rules, "not allowed" to make contact with the people who they (the attendant) are telling me to call for help. Mr. Spock would say "perplexing". Logically if I have no cellular phone, and my landline is inoperative, it would prove impossible to telephone your help lines for assistance. But it is the only thing your "technician" (attendant) has to offer. I recently was offered a survey of your online service. I gave it "very dissatisfied" as a rating.

You should not use the term "technician" with your answering service's, attendants, and repairmen you send to your customer's homes that can't find the problem. A technician is a person who is a hands-on troubleshooter (successful) who can diagnose, analyze and make a repair or replacement of defective parts, processes, equipment or systems. An engineer is a college trained person who sits at a desk, thinks they know all the answers and lay out all sorts of designs and plays with CAD to make pictures all day that may work if a good "technician" knows how to physically create or repair the actual process or equipment. The engineer is paid at least twice as much as the technician and does 1/2 the actual work. Telephone or Chat attendants are limited "answer the phone" and assign the work to the technician people and have no business whatsoever being titled "technicians" They fix nothing and can't even understand a problem when it is explained to them in terms a child would understand. When they can't do this they are useless.

I don't know if your voice operator attendants who are on the voice end of the technical service line are any better than your "chat" people but if they are the same, you could save a lot of money by replacing both with a recording that says: "Hi you have reached the technical help line for CenturyLink. This recording has replaced a real American to help you in person because they were restricted from providing any actual help. As this is a recording, so we don't have to listen to your whine about how crappy your service with us is and as you will receive no help anyway it's cheaper for our company to simply waste your time with this recording instead of having an actual "American" person take your calls. If you need help, drive 15 miles to our retail center where we actually have some good people who will listen to you and get you the help you need. Thank you for wasting the time to listen to this recording." That is about what I have been getting from your "help chat". If you can get someone who can fix the telephone problem that affecting me or perhaps my whole neighborhood, I would be more than happy to discuss ways you can make your customer service, technical service and public relations simpler and more effective. You might even get a few of the millions of customers you have lost to the cellular industry back to landlines.

Upvote (0)

I discontinued service they charged me a penalty for stopping service before end of contract. I find out this month they have filed a collection against my credit report for a total of $424.00. Supposedly I had the service in the year 2012 and they file on my credit report 3/15 date of last bill are you freaking kidding me. The collection agency says I had a bill cycle of 23 months. Not hardly I disconnected service 8 months after I initiated service and they told me to bundle the service was cheaper with them and dis network. Nope a whole lot more expensive. I was able to find services a whole lot cheaper. I am da-- pissed they turned me into a collection agency and have gotten by with this. I would be more than happy to be a class action lawsuit against these crooks.

Upvote (0)

Trying to set up Account online. I live in Texas. When online it states i Must enter my Access Code....I dont have an Access code so I call to get one...Here's what I got....

1. You got to call 800-201-4099 (told wrong number-couldn't assist me)
2. You got to call 800-788-3600 (told wrong number-couldn't assist me)
3. You got to call 866-642-0444 (told wrong number-couldn't assist me)
4. You got to call 800-244-1111 (told wrong number-couldn't assist me)
5. You got to call 877-646-3282 (told wrong number-couldn't assist me)

I hung up! So, what is the GD number I call so I can get an Access Code in order to set my account up online? After over 1-hr 45min of getting jerked around I still cannot set up my account to pay online because NO ONE in your company KNOWS who I contact to get a stinking Access Number... This is absolutely absurd--So what is my access number or what number do I call to get an Access Number.

Upvote (0)

I have tried for several months to talk to someone about my bill constantly going up but my service constantly going down. I pay almost 100 a month for internet that works part of the time. My bill started out at 50 and has gone up. been with this company for over 10 years and there service just gets worse.. They know that i can't get any other internet where i live that doesn't charge by gigbyte. So they figure they can do what they want to their customers

Upvote (0)

I was promised a $50.00 gift card and to date I have not received one. We signed up for the bundle package and was promised this gift card. We started receiving this package in August 2014. I want my gift card!!!!!!!! Please help! Account #7196215 Direct TV Account # 308111879 Centurylink

Upvote (0)

I responded to an ad you were running in January this year because Comcast (whom I had been with for about 12 years+) just kept going up all the time and they kept making less programs available to me every time. Your representative told me that by bundling with Centurylink (phone/direct TV/internet) I would get many more programs (most of which I find are trash or children's programs - I am on social security) and it would amount to $90+ dollars a month. He told me I would also get $25.00 off my first bill (estimated that to be about $115), and two prepaid visa cards - one for $100.00 and one for $50.00 after six weeks. My first bill from you was $150.00!!!

When I called about this they among other things said that because of the bill timing the next month would be about $70.00 and yes, I would get the two visa cards after six weeks. My next bill was $102.00. Since January 8 when I took on Centurylink, I have heard nothing about the visa cards. I called and was told that they were only going to send me one visa card for $100.00 and that was that. They gave me a number to register 670236208 and said I should log in to centurylinkrewardoffer.com which I did - GOOD LUCK WITH THAT. I want this matter resolved right now. As far as I am concerned this is a fraud, and demand that you live up to your agreement - so far I am getting terrible internet ability and bills are not as promised - and as above, I do not have the visa cards I was supposed to get.

Upvote (0)

I was on the phone about 3 months ago and the rep encouraged me to quit Cricket and switch over to Verizon but bill would go thru Century link at $25 per month, basic phone. It has been over 3 months and I have to pay Verizon almost $200 on this deal because the rep did not carry thru. Now Century is telling me there is no record of this transaction. So now Im having to pay Verizon $51 per month versus $25 per month. I am a senior citizen and have a limited income, and cannot afford the Verizon amount but i am stuck now with a contract for two years. Both companies, Century Link and Verizon switch me back and forth saying the other is responsible and so I am stuck.

Upvote (1)

Chatted to get a new promotion since the last one was ending. I was told I could only save by signing up for home phone service and then it would only save me $20 off my new full rate. I signed up with another company because I could find a better deal. Called to cancel my service and he told me he was able to drop my service to cheaper then it was before for a one year term. I told him it was to late. He then offered me more deals. I told I would like to cancel. He then proceeded to tell me since my one year was not up until the 3rd of April I would not be able to cancel today unless I paid the early termination fee. I asked him to move the cancellation out to April 3rd, he was unable to his system only lets him move it to then end of the current month. I asked if there was any way around that and he said just for me to pay the ETF or to stay with them. I then told him I would call back on the first.

Upvote (0)

Since renewing my internet contract 4 months ago, CenturyLink has overcharged me every single month. I just removed auto pay from my account since CenturyLink is doing no less than stealing from me each month. I am now told that it is impossible for them to give me the internet rate I was promised, if I don't re-enable auto pay (which wasn't part of the terms). However, I have had auto pay enable for the past 4 months (longer, actually), and they've demonstrated that they'll still overcharge me with auto pay enabled. You'd think that 4+ months would be plenty of time for a company the size of CenturyLink to fix my bill. Instead, they're not upholding their end of their legal agreement to charge me the rate quoted to me.

To top it off, their customer service (specifically, the Customer Advocacy Group), shows little interest or ability to actually resolve this. I've asked to speak with someone higher up, and they outright refuse to transfer me. I've had to take many hours away from both work and family in order to address this seemingly never-ending issue, yet I've not once gotten any sort of acknowledgement that my time is valuable. Most companies I deal with would bend over backwards to keep a customer loyal. I'm not a complainer by nature. I don't ask for freebies or handouts. All I ask for is that CenturyLink honor it's end of the deal and charge me appropriately. I also ask that they somehow make things right and reimburse me for the time I've "had" to spend to resolve this (believe me, I'd much rather spend my time with family than deal with CenturyLink). Centurylong, this is no way to treat a customer.

Upvote (1)

I had Comcast television and internet for sixteen years. Thought I could save with bundling with Century Link and Direct Tv....at least that is what the Century Link agent lead me to believe. First off, they never told me there would be a two-year commitment with Direct Tv. When Direct came out to hook it up, I wasn't home and my son signed for it. Didn't get a bill for four months....Century Link told me that Direct would send my bill...wrong! I keep getting the wrong amounts for my billing on my internet...four times the amount originally quoted. They also hooked up my internet incorrectly with not near the speed again that was quoted! Everything about Century Link is AWFUL! Even when I go online for my billing, that is messed up. I punch in amounts paid in the last year, and they show one payment, etc. Don't do business with this company!

Upvote (0)

I have been a CenturyLink customer for 35 years as there is no other service available to me in my area. I feel it is criminal how they can "give you a deal" in a bundle package and you end up getting screwed. The last "bundle" I agreed to included long distance services which I don't use, but it was supposed to "save me money". The regular phone service charged extra fees of $12.47 (federal access charge, extended area service, non-telecom svc surcharge, access recovery charge)...which is rip-off enough, but the long distance portion of the bill has it's own fees included (State sales, special district sales, federal telecom relay service fee, federal universal service fund, state and local taxes, federal universal services fund, federal telecom relay service). WTH!! How can they get by with this!!

Upvote (1)

I was given a set price for a bundle package. Every month the bill was more than quoted price. Every month I had to call and fight them on it. Then when I called this month they said I had to pay the inflated price or they would disconnect me. I was quoted the original price 3 times, during 3 different phone conversations before I decided to sign up. The last time I called the representatives said I had been misquoted in the beginning and they were not responsible for it. This is outright fraud. How are they getting away with this???

Upvote (0)

In the beginning, we went through CenturyLink to get phone, cable and internet. When they signed us up for a bundle package, they then transferred us to Direct TV for the cable portion of the service. CenturyLink will sign you up but don't know the details about the terms and agreements for Direct TV. In the end of signing up, they requested a credit card for initial sign up fees. We were very clear in stating that this was the only time that we wanted to used this credit card. We explained in many different ways that we did not want the card to be used again. If there was to be any reason why they should need to use that credit card again, they would have had plenty of opportunity to explain it to us at that time. Instead, we were assured that this would be a one time use only. Direct TV offered some free trial movie channels for the first month. Well, if it's absolutely free, sure, we will give it a try.

After the first month, the free channels were still there and we got charged for them. We were never told that we had to contact them to discontinue the movie channels to prevent being charged for them. This Direct TV bill was going up and up and was not at all the original bundle package that we originally agreed to. We just could not afford to pay for these channels that we were not using. So, we requested to discontinue the Direct TV service all together. Just keep the phone and internet. They then went and charged $295 to the credit card that was used in the beginning, stating that it was an early termination fee. They stated that it is noted in the terms of agreement contract that we agreed to in the beginning. I never received or signed a terms of agreement ever!

They stated that they have a copy of it and they can send it to me. All they can send to me is a copy of the agreement... but there is no evidence that I ever signed or dated it. It's just a copy that can be sent out to anybody. I never saw it, but because it exist, everybody is suppose to have automatically agreed to it when they sign up for this service regardless of if you have ever read it or not. I went through their arbitration process to no avail. It's the same thing... because they have the agreement in existence, we are bound to it. I went through the credit card company to dispute this as well. The Credit Card company even stated that it was proof to them that the charge was legit because they have a copy of this agreement on file, unsigned.

So now, we are stuck paying this extra $295 that we couldn't afford in the first place and was the reason why we were cancelling the service. Since then, I have helped somebody else contact CenturyLink in regards to signing up for services. At the time of signing up, I asked them about the terms and agreement. I asked them if they could tell me specifically what the fee is going to be for early termination. The actually fee is not listed in the agreement. It just states that you are subject to one, but no specific amount is listed. If there is still a lawsuit in place for this, I would like to be part of it. Please let me know if there is any further direction that we can take on this. Thank you.

Upvote (4)

I have contacted Century Link in the past about my billing because it is not consistant. I am told by their customer support that the billing cycles change and their is nothing they can do about it. I have been a loyal customer for 1 1/2 years. Now i have a bill for $70 due on 1/17 and my service was disconnected on 1/24. I contacted Century Link customer serivce to find out what was wrong because I wouldnt think that service would be disrupted for a payment being a week late. After 2 hours on the phone and century link telling me the problem was in Direct TV and vice versa I get told I have to pay over $200 to get my servcie turned back on. In addition to this I have to pay $29 in fees. This is ridiculous. When I spoke to the billing manager I explained that there is a lot of confusion going on both with me and their customer service department and I dont think the fees are valid she told me they were and there was nothing she can do about it. Wow I feel like a valued customer.

Upvote (9)

I just about fell off my chair when I read two other letters concerning CenturyLink and their Visa Gift Card because I am going through the SAME thing. I needed to get another cable provider and when I decided on DirecTv, they could not provide Internet nor land line phone service. I was given three choices for those two services and I picked CenturyLink because my sister has them.

CenturyLinks rep is the one who told me that I would receive a $100 Visa Gift Card. In reply to my first complaint to CenturyLink, I was told I had not registered...which I know I did because I was given, both by email and verbally on the phone, a delivery date of 8-31-12 BUT I went and registered AGAIN! Now, I have been looking at a delivery date of 10-31-12. It is now 11-6-12. I have just sent another letter to CenturyLink.

This is called FRAUD and is illegal. I am seriously considering making my next email/phone call to the States Attorneys' office and the local TV station. I am not fighting for this card to go on a happy spending spree. I am a diabetic on Disability who has to go to the food bank to survive. This card will be used for the same purpose...trying to survive.

Upvote (7)

This company is so unorganized, and the representatives have no clue what they are doing. I had to call 3 times on the same issue to find out that the website does not even exist www.centurylink/getmygiftcard. I called again and asked them if he would enter my information to receieve the card and he did, but told me the website was www.centurylink/getmycard and that website does not exist. It was all a lie. This is by far the worst company and I suggest you tell everyone that you know never to use them. On another note Direct TV should be ashamed to even have their good name linked with CenturyLink.

Upvote (5)