CenturyLink Customer Service

Contact CenturyLink Corporate

Toll free phone number: 1-866-904-1817

CenturyLink is a Fortune 500 Company in the worldwide telecommunications industry. Founded in 1968 CenturyLink was formerly called Central Telephone and Electronic, Inc. With 47,000 employees, this publicly owned (NYSE “CTL”) grossed more than US 18 billion in revenue and US 773 million in net income in 2012. The CEO is Glen F. Post, III if you want his email address. Their subsidiaries are Century Tel, Embarq, Qwest and Savvis.

If you need customer service their website has bilingual (English/Spanish) service with a live chat that you can reached at 1-866-904-1817. You can also mail their corporate office directly at 100 CenturyLink Drive, Monroe, LA 71230.

The best option to file a complaint would be using our online form. Although most users are still reporting problems with their service or even class action lawsuits on a regular basis. If you are having tech support issues they have an entire page dedicated to that as well. Their website has a tab for quick bill paying and “How to Use, Troubleshooting or Fix Services”.

The company frequently hosts topics such as Corporate, Bright Ideas and Security on their Blog with recent articles about ‘retailers this season’ and ‘the next generation of cyber security’. CenturyLink has a presence in social media through Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Google+. Their corporate account on Twitter is most responsive @CenturyLink or send an urgent request to them using the Twitter handle .

CenturyLink Contact Information

B+

9am-5pm CST

Browse reviews of other Cable TV

Top CenturyLink Complaints

I can not understand why I receiving a bill, when I no longer have service that are provided by your company. I guess we are going to have to take this to court. I have tried to resolve this issue on several occasions and to no avail. I have not been mailed out a tag to put on my box to return to y'all and I have service with spectrum as of 8/22/17. I have fulfilled my obligation to CenturyLink and I'm continually being harassed by your company. I last spoke with a Patrick,which is a supervisor that ,I requested. I have been having issue with this company and thought that It was taken care of, but as I can see you want to continue to bill me and my service should have been disconnected on 8/20/17. At no time have a request to have this poor service any longer. My sister has had issues with you and my parents have had issues with this company. I'm requesting to speak with someone in the corporate office. 1,poor customer service representatives,2, Supervisor do not handle situations of customers complaints well,3, technician fail on several occasions to follow customers instructions. When you have a business and are dealing with customers it should be the company's goal to provide a good product,service, training for Supervisors,representatives,and technicians,but apparently CenturyLink rather lose customers that are totally disappointed with service. I would like to know why I'm still being billed and I need to know why my account has not been closed out as it has a record in your system. I request that this matter be handled in a professional manner I'm a heart patient ,I'm on a fix income, and these last charges are unwarranted. At the latest Patrick stated , '8/30/2017.' I hate to complain,but if I have to address this matter on social media, better business bureau, and suit I will. I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only customer that is having this problem out of your company.My phone number that I can be reached is 254 462 3410.

We get repeated hangups and debt harassment recordings on this service line annoying,252 438 2924 contacted no Roy cooper attorney gene

I have now been on hold for 45 minutes after going through the automated system trying to cancel my service. This is the second day in a row I have attempted to do this. (I had to hang up after 30 minutes yesterday)I have been a prompt paying customer for over 17 years. If I want to add a service my wait is less than 4 minutes. I own 2 businesses and 3 homes and Century Link is by far the worst company to deal with. I have told everyone I know to transfer their service. I just sold one of my businesses which is why I am canceling my acct. The new owner appropriately is going to another provider.

I cancelled CenturyLink 1 year ago and did not have any equipment to be returned because I did not rent any equipment from CenturyLink but in fact I bought it. A few months after I had cancelled I received a bill from CenturyLink in the amount of $98 and some cents for unreturned equipment. I called customer service and the young ladies over my account and she confirmed that I owe nothing because I never rented equipment but paid for it in full when I purchased it. She assured me that she will note my account and remove the charge and that I would have nothing to worry about. Yesterday I received a letter from a collection agency for unreturned equipment and the amount was $98 and a few cents. They're trying to charge me for something that I bought and paid in full. CenturyLink is a pack of Thieves and con artists as well as scammers.

Quite a few years ago I had a dispute regarding billing on my phone service. That company was bought by Quest than bought by Centurylink. Now I can't upgrade or add services because they say I owe $98. It's not the amount but the principle of it. They held a payment check received on Fri. over to Mon. making it late even though I proved it was received on time.

A Centurylink representative comes to my house sometimes up to six times a day a couple days a month. Even though there is a very nice (No Soliciting) sign next to our front door they complete ignore it and don't stop talking. Centurylink is the only company to ever be so obnoxious and irritating to the point now there is absolutely never use them. I don't care if the service is free. Centurylink has horrible practices. And I know almost all if not every neighbor of mine thinks the same way I do about there business practices. Don't come around my house anymore Centurylink.

We set up new service they were suppose to be out here wed BC to hook up our phone and Internet but they did not show we called they said they would be here to day but no they did not show up its been a month but they sent me a bill for services I have not got yet.

Sat on the phone for 2.5 hours just trying to get a basic home phone service. Kept getting hung up. The last call the lady too told me that the number (account) they gave me she couldn't find. Which the last 6people I had some too could. Well she put me on "hold" to speak to a supervisor. After 30mins. She tells me they are now closed and I'm going to have to call back tomorrow. And try to figure it out!

The agent assured me that Century link does not creep your bill up a dollar or two at a time. He assured me that my bill for internet and phone would be around 80 to 85 dollars tops (and this included all taxes and surcharges). My first bill was 101 my second 103 my third 106 and this month 107. I tried calling customer service and when I finally got ahold of a customer service agent he stated that he sees my bill is creeping up but that looks normal and when I asked him why it was going up every month he said I don't know they just do that.

He then stated he was transferring me to someone who could answer the question and I sat on hold for more that half an hour and no one picked up. What a joke! When was it okay to rip off the consumer? When did it become acceptable to have terrible customer service and still be in business? I need someone to call me back so I can cancel this unprofessional service. I would rather pay more to an honest company than get swindled.

My daughter called to set up CenturyLink Excel service and was routed to someone who sold her a CenturyLink bundle that we do not want and my daughter can't afford. After four separate calls, I was told they can't cancel service in first 24 hours! Makes no sense. They have no problem selling unneeded services to a naive person and then can't cancel the order? I was given different numbers to call by each person I talked to. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told the supervisor would tell me the same thing. They use a hard sell approach and then make it impossible to cancel.

I have been sent to collection agency Central Credit Service LLC for an outstanding invoice. I knew this wasn't right since the sent me a check for $440.90 and I had returned their modem. Interestingly enough the girl behind the counter told me to hang on to the receipt and tracking number because they are notorious for billing you for not returning the modem. What she didn't say or know was that they also do not try to contact you before they send it to collection.

I've spent 4 hours being bounced around and "Taken care of. " But not one person apologized for my inconvenience. When I started to ask questions about things like, had they tried to contact me, or what their procedure was to send some one to collection I was informed we have taken you out of collections and there is nothing further I can do for you. I do have other calls to take the person said. I still have not been able to talk to the collection agency to see if indeed I was taken out our if there was a negative effect on my credit. They won't call me back. I would suggest Cable One or at the very least keep your receipts.

Had 2 CenturyLink sales people knock on my door (end of June 2016) promoting prism tv, said i was with direct tv and i was happy, showed me i could save 60 dollars a month, i informed them that i would be moving in a couple of months (Sept. 15, 2016) they said it would be a free install here and there, said alright, if it's free and i'm saving money. Called Sept 6, 2016 to coordinate move, was told i couldn't take prism with me, the fiber optic lines haven't been laid on the street i was moving to previous address on 79th.

I moved around the corner on 80th. Upset because I broke my contract with direct t v to go to prism, but alright. Next thing please don't disconnect my services until Sept 15th (day of move) they shut everything off on Sept 14th at midnight, on the phone with customer service, loyalty, retention team from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm. Spoke to 14 different reps at the end of everything was told i would receive a $330.00 credit and not to be charged a fee to break my prism contract.

After all it wasn't my fault i couldn't take services with me, by the time i got off the phone with Brandi in the retention ream, she told me my final bill would be $50. I asked if i should pay it now, she said no, to wait till the final bill arrived, when that came it was $378., total thought they forgot to add credit. Next thing I know internet was cut off, I spent the next day again on the phone with century link, they told me they would not give that amount of credits to a customer, that there was no record of what i was talking about and hung up on my 3 times.

I finally got a hold of a rep who literally pieced together what happened to me when they lied to just get me off the phone, he said unfortunately his fellow co workers do this all the time and i should expect a call from Brandi's supervisor within 48 hours, of course no call, needless to say my stress level was at an all time high, I can't believe a company of their magnitude would treat their customers this way!! I then called after the 48 hour mark was up and these crazy people wanted to revisit the whole fiasco and try and keep me as a customer, are you kidding me?

All I wanted at this point was to send me out a box to send them back their equipment and to make sure they stopped billing me and hung up on 2 times wasted time 3 hours this time, called the next day finally discontinued services and to mail out return equipment box, then i was informed i would be charged a fee for breaking my contract. I told them it's ok for you folks to lie to me and break your word to me but you want to charge me?

I then informed them I will be disputing the charges and they were the worst company ever! Up until this incident I never had a problem with century link, but I always heard of other people talk about how they put them through the ringer, but this by far was the most upsetting worst display of customer service I've ever experienced!

I called to have my internet service changed to a lower service due to slow speeds I was getting and paying for but not getting. But Christina said that this shouldn't be happening, so not to change she's send out a tech at no charge with a new modem and increase our speed and it would be lower cost. Well he came swapped out our modem, kept our old one which we paid for! Then comes the bill which included a service call and a fee for the modem. Really you took ours that we paid for ourselves, no credit on the bill. Called transferred numerous times till finally Stephanie helped me an hour and half later.

Reversed the charges and I asked for some type of credit for the entire call time. You will love this response well I got you the credit didn't I? Credit that wasn't suppose to be charged in the first place. Then comes this you were only with me for around 35 minutes and that doesn't deserve a credit. Then the real kicker they said that my credit card company declined 2 months of payments. So the first time I called to see what happened she states it was an internal error not my fault give her the card number and make a payment, well that didn't happen she notes account saying I will call back to pay.

What, then it happens again call and this time well it's your issue call your credit card company and see what happened. I ask if they had a declined message nope just says declined. Now I need to send to someone who actually cares there a copy of a letter from my credit card company stating that the error was CenturyLink's not mine.

I called CenturyLink HQ and requested phone service explained that I had previously had service but the line ran no where. I had built a new home and needed service. They came out and turned on the service but did not route me a line into the house. I called and explained three more times . Finally some one came out he was very nice and said he understood and would help. I waited two more weeks and called and was told I had canceled the service. I had not cancelled it.

Finally service started the line was bad I called and they said if they come into your home it will cost you but their is no reason to have a phone that is not working half the time 5 days of the two weeks I had the phone it was not working. They man came out and found the trouble was u the road. He was Nice and helpful. The people that came and ran the line were very nick but the most of the people I speak with over the phone have not been two have been nice the rest have not they have been rude with a derogatory tone, confrontational attitude.

I asked for a basic service we mainly use or cell phones and I had yet to get the price we agreed upon when we ordered the phone. I don't know if I have made someone mad or what but the service that I have been receiving is poor.

About one month ago I attempted to get internet service with Century Link. Upon processing my bill I was asked to pay a $50 deposit. I received an email advising me I cannot receive service in my area and a refund was processed for the $50 deposit. The next day I received the equipment, which confused me so I called Century Link only to be told the equipment had to be sent back and my refund was never processed fully. The representative advised me the refund would reach me in 2 weeks. It has been almost a month and no refund. Every time I call I'm transferred from one representative to another with no results. All I can say is that $50 must be alot money for all that trouble. Really bad customer service.

This complaint is about CenturyLink and the scam they are running. On August 22, 2016 I call CenturyLink customer care to have my internet service moved to my new resident (2 blocks away, but same town). I spoke to a CSR named Angelica. I told her I just wanted to move my internet service. my price at that time was $29.95 plus $3.99 for internet recovery fee. Angelica told me she could give me a deal if i got DirectTV service thought centuryLink. I was on the phone with her for over 2 hours and I was told i could get centuryLink internet for $14.95 plus $3.99 internet recovery fee a month for the first 12 months then $24.95 for the last 12 months on a 2 year agreement, and DirectTV for $60.00 a month for the first 12 months on a 2 year agreement.

The DirectTV service deal would include service for 2 TVs, no monthly fee for HD DVR Genie and additional receiver in bedroom, and 3 months of HBO, Stars, and Showtime free. To guarantee the price i would have to put the acct on auto pay, which i did. I included the protection plan with DirectTV for an additional price of $7.99 a month. In total my monthly bill should have been $86.93, no additional fees or taxes. But they did the bait and switch on me. My bill was for $120.13.

So I called centuryLink and was on the phone with them for 1 hour and 59 minutes. i told them i was not getting what i was promised. First CSR i talked to said she would credit me the $11.46, but then said i would have to speak to DirectTV to correct their charges. (it's both companies on the same bill thru centuryLink). she transfer me to a CSR at DirectTV named Scott. I told him the story and we had to contact CenturyLink and do a three-way call to correct this. Scott stayed on the phone with me while i got passed on to 3 other people (Michelle, Jordan and the Supervisor Jose).

Michelle tried to fix it then put me on hold, then Jordan picked up and i had to start all over again. Jordan said he had to run another credit report on me cause it wasn't showing that the first CSR Angelica did it (she told me she did and had asked for my SSI number). Jordan asked for my SSI number at which time I had to tell Scott from DirectTV he had to leave the 3 way call and he did.

Jordan then tried to tell me there was nothing he could do about my bill and said "sometimes people here will just say things that aren't true and he can't do anything about that. I then asked for a Supervisor and was transferred to Jose. He said he would not give me the price I was promised in the beginning and said there was no one else i could talk to about it. (he was the end of the line), then said he was going to hang up on me because there was nothing he would do about it. I tried calling again but got passed around again and again. I was told if i cancelled the service I would be charged a $480.00 fee. This is crazy. How can a company like centuryLink do this and get away with it? I was lied to, they used the "bait and switch" on me and I call this fraud.

My complaint is that your firm has used a bait and switch tactic to gain my business. My bundled package price has crept up over the last several months. Each month, I call your firm to discuss the increase with customer service personnel. I have obtained names as well as confirm numbers that the situation would be remedied to no avail. My bill is virtually doubled this month. The reason is that there was supposedly balances carried forward with late charges.

These balances had been agreed to credits with four different customer service team members that I spoke with since June of 2016. There should have been no balance carried forward and no late fees. When I speak to the next representative they tell me that it does not matter. I have spent hours on the phone only to no avail. My year commitment was May 2016 and since that time, I have had nothing but more charges and higher fees. This is clearly a game you play to innocent victims to skim extra money from them until they are forced to look for other service instead of keeping happy and loyal clients.

My bill this month(October) is up to $195.25 and I am at your mercy to pay it. I was told in the last conversation that the October bill would be under $100 to compensate for all overages in the past and now it is double. Trust is an important issue and the fact that even your retention department can not rectify a clearly dishonest practice is to quote Hillary "deplorable"! I look forward to some type of resolution rather than having to pay a bill double what was promised.

I have been waiting for a $16 refund check and it is sitting in my closed account. I have called 7 times have been on hold and transferred around so many times and no end in sight. I get that $16 may not seem like much money to you but it is to me.

Customer service was very rude, talked over me and refused to listen to my needs. Kept pushing sales and I was at work when I called and told this person I do not have time for this I need you to take care of my issues. He talked over me and did not listen and transferred me to another extension. Also there automated system does not work and when I called and stated I cannot pay my bill it won't take the information. The response is there doesn't show any problems. I say it's not working and I haven't been able to pay on this automated system the last couple of months and they don't do anything about it.

They keep repeating the same thing over and over. I have a friend that is experiencing the same issue and he hasn't been able to pay thru that system for the last 4 months. What's wrong with this company? Are there no supervisors. I sent the complaint thru the customer service email and they send sorry for the problems please call customer service. So round and round we go with no resolve.

I have been getting these spamming phone calls that go on for weeks non-stop they just keep calling me and calling me everyday of the week. I have called CenturyLink before and they keep telling me there is nothing they can do. I have Call Rejection that does no good at all and I am fed up sick and tired of the bullcrap. I want these phone calls to stop right now?

Every time there is any moisture in Casper, Wyoming, my landline quits working. At least six times since May, a technician comes out and every time, it has been indicated that the main line that fees the neighborhood is far beyond its life expectancy. The last time, I asked the technician why the main line is not being replaced, he indicated that CenturyLink would not replace the line. He said it would require an electrician and they just wouldn't replace it. What are my remedies. Also, please advise what governmental agency I can contact to file a complaint against CenturyLink. With winter coming up and more moisture than normal, I cannot continue to be without a phone until the line dries out

I was visiting a store today and two of the CenturyLink employee representatives were there to represent and sell product. I visited the store (Walmart at 136th avenue in Westminster, Colorado) to purchase one item that we needed for a television installation. Your representative (for purposes of description, he was a black male with braids pulled back) tried to stop me & was incredibly disrespectful when I said said no to him and kept walking. He continued to say what he "was trying to give me".

When my fiancé and I walked around the corner, the rude employee mocked me. Then, he and the other representative started laughing. My fiancé went back over to him, stating that we could hear what they were saying about us. He said "I know" and continued his behavior. I have already spoken to customer service at Walmart, they do not want their customers being treated poorly in their store. This young man is an embarrassment and the way that I will remember CenturyLink.

Got a disconnect notice for our CenturyLink phone number with account 45560629. We never received a single invoice for this account. We were assigned account #313027765 for phone billing and have paid every bill. This is considered double billing to us.

This letter is long overdue but is written to express my sincere anger and disappointment with my experience with CenturyLink. I had been a faithful customer of Comcast and had been receiving my internet and cable tv through them but in March 2016 decided to explore my options secondary to cost. I called CenturyLink on or about March 7th to inquire about rates for both internet and TV service. I spoke with a representative named Robert at length about the services and rates offered through CenturyLink.

At that time I was still under contract through Comcast and informed him that unless I was saving a substantial amount on my bills it wouldn’t make sense to pay the $180 early termination fee to Comcast. Robert verified the following information to me. With a two year commitment and for a locked monthly rate of $62.62 I would receive Direct TV (the Xtra package) for two TVs within my home along with internet at the speed of 40b/second. In addition I would receive a $100 Visa gift card through Direct TV.

This all sounded too good to be true so I repeated this offer to him several times to make sure I heard this right. He continued to tell me that this was an accurate price for two years. Although I was still a little nervous about canceling my Comcast contract and signing on I couldn’t pass up the savings that I would accumulate over the two years. I also knew that the automated message I heard stated that the conversation would be recorded for quality and that if for some reason things didn’t go exactly as promised that I could fall back on that. I proceeded to sign up with Century Link, pay Comcast the early termination fee of $180 and enjoy my new services with significant savings. Well unfortunately things did not go as promised, not even close. Although my first bill was $61.82 I was surprised to see my next bill due at $107.21.

So I called CenturyLink on 5/6/16 and spoke with Anna. I explained my concern about my new bill and explained that I spoke extensively with Robert. She informed me that Robert no longer worked there and that he made a “mistake” when quoting me that price. Not only did she tell me my rate was going to be significantly higher than promised but that in the second year of the contract it would go up an additional $30/month. She informed me that she couldn’t help it if Robert told me the wrong information but that I was still obligated by the contract to keep paying the higher rate.

She went on to tell me that she had went to law school for over two years and knew that there wasn’t anything I could do about this. She also stated that if I wanted the $100 gift card that I would have to contact Direct TV myself and request this. I asked to speak to a manager and was transferred to Fred. I requested CenturyLink review my call to confirm the information I had given. He stated he would make a request to do so and that I would here from a representative within 10 days. I also asked him to request that they call me after 4:00 so that I could take their call. After getting off the phone with Fred I called Direct TV and inquired about the $100 gift card. They informed me that since Century Link offered this gift card that I would have to get it from them. Needless to say I have never received a gift card.

On 5/10 and 5/11 during my work hours I received messages from Kristin at CenturyLink asking me to return her calls regarding the recorded call. I called the number she left on 5/11 at 1:25 p.m. and spoke with Joan and asked to speak with Kristin. I was informed that she was unavailable but that Joan would pass on my information to Kristin and my request that she call back after 4:00. On 5/12 at 3:50 p.m. I called and was told that Kristin was gone for the day but that the receptionist would send an email to her to let her know that I called.

On 5/12 at 4:10 I received a call from Justin who said he reviewed my notes and he informed me that Kristin was gone for the weekend. He said after reviewing my information the best CenturyLink could do was offer me $20 off my bill if I sign up for automatic withdrawals and that he couldn’t do anything about my Direct TV bill. He said I needed to honor my contract. I stated that I didn’t know why I had to honor my word when CenturyLink is obviously not honoring theirs. I asked him to send to me in writing the offer he made regarding the $20 discount. He said it was against policy to send me a written quote. He also stated that he had not personally reviewed the recording but from the notes he had from Kristin this was all they could offer me.

On 5/16 at 3:00 p.m. I called again attempting to reach Kristin to ask her if she had reviewed my call. I was told by Justin that Kristin was unavailable. He said that he reviewed my notes and that I had agreed to a plan that was for over $75/month. I denied this and asked him if he had actually listened to the recorded call. He said he had not but that this was in the notes from Kristin. I said I wanted to speak with her and he told me that there was no need to speak with her, that this was the best offer Century Link could give me. He said that CenturyLink was unwilling to work with me anymore on this. After once again explaining to him everything Robert had told me he said to me that sometimes customers don’t always tell the truth.

Since this time I have given up. I have never been allowed to speak with the only person, Kristin, who apparently listened to my initial call. Every month when I receive my CenturyLink bill I become upset. I am currently paying about $40 more per month ($480/yr.) for the first year than I was promised. The second year it goes up to $70 more per month ($840/yr.) during the second year. That’s a total of $1,320 more than what I had initially agreed to on the phone with Robert ($62/mo.). In addition I paid $180 to get out of my Comcast contract and I never received the $100 gift card I was promised. So I am stuck having paid $180 to get out of my contract, $1320 more than promised over the two year contract plus I never received the $100 gift card promised.

You can see why I am so upset with my Century Link experience and at this point have no intention of ever using this service again after my contract expires. I would very much appreciate a review of my case as well a response to this letter. I would like to believe that the customer service personnel at CenturyLink are not told to lie to potential customers to get them to sign onto their service. I would like to believe that the recording of conversations is actually used to verify information discussed during the call. I would like to believe that CenturyLink is a quality company that stands behind their word. I am currently not convinced of any of the above.

I am mailing CenturyLink regarding a very frustrating experience that that I am having with CenturyLink. I have tried unsuccessfully to resolve this issue via chat and multiple phone calls (17), so I hope that this letter will get some attention. On 8/18/16 I was approached at my home by a sales rep from CenturyLink selling new fiber optic options available in my neighborhood. I told him it sounded interesting, I particularly liked the dedicated line aspect on top of fiber, and told him that I was getting 70-80 megs currently thru my provider and would need to have that as a min baseline.

And asked what would the cost be. After many minutes on the phone with CenturyLink call center they came up with a plan- they could install a bonded pair that would get me a minimum of 60mb and likely in the 80-90mb range. I told them that I was paying 55/month for my current service and could they beat that? After many more minutes of conversation back and for between the rep and the call center they said I could get the bonded pair with min of 60 mb at 52.50/ month. I told them that if they could guarantee 60MB minimum and the bonded pair (2-30mb) at 52.50, I would give it a try.

Sales Agent name: Dawson- ID# cydhbwk
Call Center name: Joan- ID# 605090
Service Order# N49224059 dated 8/8/16

On 8/22/16 an installer came out to set me up with the new service- first question I asked was did I receive a bonded pair. His answer no, single pair, that’s what the work order indicated. I told him that I agreed to bonded pair with a minimum of 60mb and likelihood of 80-90. After repeated attempts and configuration he was able to pull 50mb. I asked him what I needed to do at that time to get what was agreed on- he said call products division and see when the bonded pair could be installed. The next day, 8/23/16, I spent over 2 hours on the phone trying to find someone that could help me. Many transfers, long wait, assurances that I would be transferred to the person that could help me then either put back into the queue or hung up on multiple times. I decided that I would give this another day.

On 8/24/16, I tried again, and after many more hang ups, re-queueing and 2 more hours I got someone who was able to tell me that they could get me the bonded pair with the 60mb min, but it would cost me 80/month. I stated that that was not acceptable and if they could not do it for the agreed price they needed to shut off the service and remove the equipment and I was not going to be charged for the wasted effort. The customer service agent agreed to this and said a prepaid label would be sent to me to return the equipment. On 8/30/16, I returned the equipment via UPS.

On 9/6/16, I received a bill for 83.11- not happy! 14.95 monthly charges for Internet- service was on for 24 hours. 13.98 related monthly charges ?- again service was on for a day. 53.54 service additions and changes? .64- taxes

On 9/12/16- I again called and explained the situation to the first CS person (in India), she said she would need to transfer me to a supervisor that could help me. I was placed back in the queue and after waiting another 5 min explained the situation again to a CS agent (in India), after the explanation she said that she would have to transfer me again, I pleaded to make sure that I would get to the correct party. Without response I was placed on hold again, after another 5 min I was connected with a CS person who was US based, I started explaining the issue and was hung up on or cut off.

There doesn’t seem to be any rational process to deal with customer service issues at CenturyLink company, it seems to be broken at every level. I just want my account credited for the service fees and be done with it, would appreciate your help with this matter.

CenturyLink has rude employees working for them, you call in for help and all you get is attitude. If you hate your job then quit. Every time that I have scheduled a tech to come out for repair they don't show up and don't call to tell you they are not coming. Today 9/8/2016 I had a tech scheduled to come out they did not come nor call. I called and after waiting on hold for 30 minutes or more I was told that the work load was too much for them. But how is that my problem as you send the bill on time every time. I have been without internet for almost a week and all I was given was a few dollars for credit. I took off work twice but this time I want more credit and a tech to come out and repair this internet. When I first signed up for your service I was lied to about the speed. Why lie just tell the truth.

Your installers were installing a line. They were on my property to install the line because no one was home. They were in my driveway all the way up to my side door. This was setting off my camera alarms. I was on my way out but I did let them know they were setting off my alarms inside. When I was leaving they were all the way up my drive way where my side door is. They needed to have the people home at the house of the line being installed.

CenturyLink has the worst internet service ever. I have to call them all the time about how slow our internet is and they have no solution. They have you jump through hoops doing this every single time. Knowing that it will not fix the issue, we have to unplug our modem at least 3 to 4 times a month just to get the internet back up. We pay for 1.5 mbps and only get half that half the time. Looks like there would be a lawsuit against this company for over charging it's customers and not getting what you pay for. I wish we had another source for internet, because i would not as many others would not hesitate to change over. Oh and by the way i was told by there phone tech that works the area that we were on and would be upgraded to 10.0 mbps and that has been 5 years ago.

This company is so dishonest. Crooked as they come. I signed up initially for a 29.99 plan. Bill came and it was $91. I called and talked to several people, Did not really care. I asked for an explanation of my billing and got the run around. I asked for a supervisor, once again made up flimsy explanations of why my bill was so high. I then spoke to a Brittany on Aug 16th, she broke down my bill and took 30.00 off. Oh great my $29.99 bill was down to $60. I should be so excited. My new bill has come and I'm still in the $60.00 range for a bunch of bogus charges, here we go again. I'm starting here and going to the BBB, AZ Attorney general and the FCC.

We pay for 1.5 MGPS and get about 1.2, which they say is their guaranteed minimum speed, except that it may say 1.2 MGPS but doesn't always work. It could say 1.2 and we still may not be able to open a browser. They tell us all the time there are no issues with the line, but then customer service will tell us we got dumped from the server. They send someone out to appease us but it never really gets taken seriously. We complain on particularly bad days every few months or so and nothing changes. Bottom line, their internet is absolute garbage. We pay for a service that only works properly sometimes. Want to piss your customers off? Provide them with a crappy service that occasionally works and don't do jack squat about it. Seriously, screw you Centurylink.

I called CenturyLink customer service to sign up for auto pay which took about 10-15 minutes and went well. The service person was very nice. I thought I would get a $5.00 discount on my bill for doing this. I was told I needed to be on paperless e-billing for that. The service person said they could not get me signed up and needed to transfer me to someone else. That person said it could not be done on the phone but needed to be done online. I tried the online system which I had never used before so did not have a username, password, etc. I tried to create one and was not able to do this. It wanted some security code which had been given to me when I opened my account (3 years before). I sure did not have that code anymore.

So to shorten this saga, I will simply say it was very frustrating and time consuming. At this point, I had been trying to make this happen for about 60 -minutes. I called the support number, explained my frustration. The service person told me my username, took my email address and send he -would send a link for me to reset my password. I called again to that support number, got of course a DIFFERENT person, a female who wanted to take me back to square one, check my account to see if I was eligible for e-billing.

This had already been done several times. I had now been working on this for 75 minutes. I tried to get the woman to stop and listen to me explain I had called in and spoke to 4 other people already, and all this had already been done. She told me to stop yelling at her. I was just trying to get her to stop talking and listen to me. I just hung up. My account was 970-641-1286 571B, I dropped that line so supposedly my new account number is the second line, the one left. I still don't have e-billing and am not comfortable calling CenturyLink customer service anymore.

Very poor telephone and Internet service. CenturyLink has seen repeated complaints especially internet service no better than dialup.can't get a straight answer when service will improve. All tv programing just down the street 4 houses away but can't be gotten at our house. No one cares at least that's the attitude can't get engineering dept to indicate when our poor service will improve. They can't be reached.it seems the 2 stars you received for customer service was over.

I am extremely upset regarding the poor service I have received from CenturyLink. I have tried to register an official complaint multiple times using your customer service line, and no one seems to be able to do this! 1) Long distance service ordered on July 18, 2016 was never connected. 2) A representative from CenturyLink told me that the long distance service would be connected on August 10, 2016. This was not done. 3) I have talked to 7 different CenturyLink representatives today and only one was able to help me.

I pay for high speed. I'm not getting it. Calls to tech support get dropped, no repairs ever completed, and then I am punished by websites suddenly not loading, can't do email, can't chat with anyone. Nothing works for at least an hour after calling.

I had Century Link for internet only after my first billing was paid then I got another billing for a second installation of $73.02. Hoping it would be credited it wasn't so I cancelled. The customer service person said I would have to pay a canceled fee because I had a contract I told her I did not. Since then I wrote a letter stating I gave no okay for a contract verbal or written please credit. they did not. There is no contract if both parties don't agree just your BOGUS charges. I am also lodging complaints to Attorney General, BBB, Elder Affairs, FCC, and anyone else that can help me get this credit.

We try again and again to record programs. And when we try to go back and watch them, We keep getting kicked out or error saying program is not available. this has been going on for two years now. They keep giving us discounts but its only 5 to 10 dollars. and we are paying $145.00 A month. So when I called and wanted to reduce our programing package to prism preferred from prism premium they told me that I would end up paying close too what I have been. Because now they want to charge for the extra equipment that I have for all the rooms that I have. Does not make sense to me. I'm giving up all the HBO, Cinemax, showtime, stars, and all the other movie channels.

I would actually give their customer service zero. I've been trying for 2 months to get their screw ups cleared up. Multiple calls & chat sessions with nothing but wasted time & speaking to one person, then another, then another getting no where. They suspended our account after what they said was high usage. They lied about the number of times they said they tried contacting us regarding this matter & when trying to rectify the situation, opened multiple accounts in our name which, they then cancelled on their own. I purchased a modem from them & then returned it after not being able to get service activated for 3 week.

I closed out account thinking this was the end of it but, I am still fighting for my modem refund from them & also wondering why I am still being charged monthly for internet service even though it was never reactivated until I found out yesterday, they re-activated it behind my back without authorization claiming account closure never went through. Who's fault is that? Not mine! I've already sent complaints to BBB, AZ Attorney General's , FCC & FTC. Looking to contact a nationally known consumer advocate & see if he can help i.e., Clark Howard. Tried contacting local VP in Tucson and all he did was pass the buck just like everyone else in their company.

I only had internet with CenturyLink the ad stated no contract! I switched to Cox, and CL said I was in a 12 month contract, and that I had to pay a early termination fee of $200. I never agreed to a 12 month term, and the reason I switched is I was tired of spending 2 to 4 hours on the phone each month trying to find out why my bill went up again. I feel I'm being strong armed by this company.I studied contract law,and I know when a contract between two parties is being written that both parties should be informed.I never knew of a 12 month term, and I feel I am being ripped off. The rep I was speaking to even told me (I better pay,or they would ruin my credit).

As a new customer, I have never been treated so rudely by 2 of your female representatives. Much misrepresentation, many promises unfulfilled, wrong address, multiple shipments of equipment, serious lack of concern as well as lack of company communication. I have made countless calls without success and have received gotten a different story each time.

I had called CenturyLink in regards to call blocking. The first person was very helpful, she passed me onto a different department talked to a Michael and I started to explain how to add another call block then, Michael said thank you for choosing CenturyLink and then hung up on me, Michael's Customer service on was very poor.

You are nickel and diving me to death on your bills. I checked the bill for June 2015 and compared it to this June's (2016) and it has gone up way too much: promo disc, down $,44, internet and voice mail up $.44, monthly charges up a whopping $4.70, taxes etc up $.13. Your internet service has been inconsistent and I have called MANY times about the service and the bill. It still is not worth the money you charge for it. If I could have, I would have changed carriers a long time ago. I have not recommended and will not recommend Century Link to any potential customer.

Sales rep stated cost of first month and subsequent months for the first 12 month promotional commitment. The first and second month bill was approximately $100.00 over what i was offered. After speaking with the fourth billing rep, I was told the sales rep didn't have the correct information. The billing person said I was charged the non promotion cost for television service for the first month. I told her I was only given the promotion cost by the sails rep. I would cancel services but it's after 30 days and the billing person said it would cost $440 to terminate the contract. Very deceptive practices!

Extremely pathetic service for what I am paying. My service speed is dismal slow and difficult to work with. Often pages will not load and downloading takes forever. I have asked for online help with my speed through CL and my concern was merrily dismissed by telling me there is nothing wrong with my service and I am getting what my contract calls for. That being the bare minimum speed of 1.5 MBS and the lower limits by your figures 1.2 MBS. I do not operate under perfect conditions as CL required for the testing nor do most people. Every time I use a speed test and I've used four my speed is under 1.02. This is ridiculous and paying over $40 for this kind of speed is wonderful for you but certainly not for me. I am a retired Vietnam veteran who pays his bills and I do not think your customers should be treated this way. I hope this gets to someone at Century Link who does care and has a ting of conscious.

Received a notice that my May 2016 bill was not processed against my credit card. (I have used the CenturyLink credit card direct payment program for years.) The notice advised me to contact them to reinstate the credit card direct payment plan. I called them today (6/14/16) at 1-800-244-1111, as instructed.

Shamike was efficient and professional sounding. Upon hearing my issue, she looked up my account and immediately noticed I have been a loyal customer since 1990 (26 years). I told her I thought I had updated card info a few weeks back and asked her to verify that the info on file was correct. She said it didn't appear that I had updated card info, but she could help me at this time to set me up. We proceeded thru the process of updating credit card info and pertinent contact info on the CenturyLink account, etc. Everything fine up to this point. Then she reviewed the account balance, which now included May and June bills, and asked about making a one-time payment to pay the balance until the credit card direct payment plan took effect. I learned there is a 2 month delay for the updated card info to take effect. I was ok with making a one-time payment with my credit card for the outstanding balance of about $80. But she then said there would be a $5 fee to make the payment.

I balked at the fee for the purpose of paying my bill! She then offered the option of setting up an authorization to have the amount withdrawn from my bank account for no fee. This is something I don't wish to set up and have my bank account info. out there for this one-time payment. I said they can charge my credit card for the amount due whenever CenturyLink gets it set up. She became more aggressive and reiterated the options for paying the balance NOW either by one-time credit card (with fee) or authorized bank withdrawal. I told her I could send a check instead if they don't want to wait until the credit card direct pay was set up. She then became almost insulting by demanding when precisely I will put the check in the mail--today or tomorrow? she would put a note to that effect on the account. I became very frustrated by now. I asked her if there's any way the $5 fee could be waived and we can get the $80 balance paid by credit card today. She said no, its not CenturyLink who charges the fee but the credit card company.

Adding to my frustration, she then revealed that it appears I had, in fact, updated card info in May. She now confirmed the updated info on file is the same card info I just gave her. But because it takes CenturyLink 2 months for updated info to take effect, it won't be until the July bill before it kicks in. I now realize that I had done everything right, the way I was suppose to; to notify them and update card info when necessary. I did that in May. But because CenturyLink takes 2 months for things to become effective, my May and now my June bills are not paid via auto pay. Thus the outstanding balance on my account. I told her it's not her fault, but after being told just earlier about how long of a CenturyLink customer we have been, and as a loyal customer, insisting on the $5 fee to pay the account balance, given the above scenario, did not seem fair to me, nor valuing me as a long-term customer. I asked if there was a supervisor who could make an exception. She said they do not make exceptions.

I told her I was very unhappy with this experience and these developments. Upon thinking about this, I could not just let it slide. I am filing this complaint so someone with authority knows this is a lousy way to treat a 26 year customer over a $5 fee, when I have done nothing wrong. I am perfectly willing to pay the balance now via credit card, even though the overdue balance was created by CenturyLink's own processes, not because of me. If you look at my account history, you will find I ALWAYS pay my bill in full on time every month for 26 years! And you want to reward me as a long term customer by insisting on a $5 fee to pay you via credit card because your system takes so long to update card info for auto pay?

I couldn't get my ex husband off our account without his permission. I had to open a new account. I was told i would get the same price as before $19.99. I have to call every month because my bill is never the same nor near 20.00! Escalation department won't even help. I am so furious with this company as is a million others. I just want my bill to be what I told it would be AND the same amount EVERY month. The link to send an email if not happy with customer service does NOT even take you to an email link! The only other internet for my area is Xfinity which $70. I am about to go back to the stone ages and figure out how to live our lives without internet.

Our phone (phone number run by CenturyLink) has not worked properly since October of 2015. The box that is down by the street got run over by something and the wires were out of the box laying in on the grass exposed to the Minnesota elements (rain, snow, ice). We called they sent out a service person who put the wires in an orange plastic bag. This helped for a bit but the phone again did not work it rings and than there is a busy signal. So we called back in December or 2015 they sent out service and the problem seemed to be resolved. In the spring they finally installed the green box to cover the wires.

Sometime in April of 2016 our phone again was not working rings than a busy signal. We did not discover this until May of 2016 the customer service person said this is probably a problem in your house and you will have to pay a fee $95 or something like that. Well they came out approximately May 30th and we thought the phone was fixed. Unfortunately the phone is not fixed it rings and than a busy signal. Your customer service is the worse I have ever dealt with I have been on hold for hours trying to get help from your Company so your rating is a zero in my book and you really need to improve your service.

Today June 13th I talk to the 1st person and have been put on hold for 20 minutes, explain the problem to the 2nd person in the loyalty department put on hold for 20 minutes, finally the 4th person I talked to actually seemed to care and wanted to help me, when transferred the 5th time this person she wanted me to speak to the customer loyalty department who I talked to after the first 20 minutes, I begged please let me talk to a supervisor. Finally transferred a 6th time after 1 hour and 15 minutes to Jim 115808 this person is sarcastic, not apologetic and by the way I only spend $39.95 a month for my phone service and internet. "But my phone service does not work properly and has not work properly since October of 2015"! Jim did give a small credit to our account like $10 and 2 days phone credit and the best thing he did was provide the phone repair number so we can call them direct to get the phone fixed!

CenturyLink I have been a loyal customer of yours for almost 30 years I cannot believe that you do not have a team that wants to help your customers. I may only currently spend $39.95 per month but over the last 30 years I have spent/paid my bills on time and have paid thousands of dollars for your services. Apparently your customers are an inconvenience instead of your Companies job security. I expect the our phone to work I have not idea how many phone calls we have missed due to no service. We should not have to keep calling your Company to repair the phone it should have been properly fixed back in October. I was able to contact the automated service repair team today and they are due to fix the phone problem again on June 14th here is hoping that it will be properly fixed this time.

Please honor your customers and make improvements to your customer service team to provide assistance and quality phone service.

We have struggled with CenturyLink’s service for almost a year and have spent HOURS on the phone troubleshooting. We pay for 40Mbps but have NEVER got this speed the top speed we get is is 29.8Mbps on a good day. Most of the time we are running on around 20Mbps. I am done wasting my time and called to cancel and was told I was on a 2-year contract, which I didn’t agree to. They are trying to charge me $200 to cancel but will NOT provide proof of this contract that I supposedly agreed to. All they say is “well it’s on your bill”. Last time I check notification on a bill is NOT a legally binding contract.

You were supposed to fix my billing complaints. You SAID you would have an explanation for the discrepancy between the TERMS of service and BILLING I signed up with and the BILLING your actually assessed. Is it asking too much for the Provider to adhere to the terms of their business solicitation from their own web page. They cited basic internet service for $X a month with direct pay. I signed up for direct pay, hooked up the modem and started receiving e-bills fr over three times what the agreement specified. Attempting to solve this issue yet fearing loss of connection.

I sent the fee they demanded(3X what my monthly bill which was agreed upon) and wrote a letter to the CEO in Louisiana. His associate got me hooked up for direct pay(she SAID) and now I am getting the same 3X bill again. OH! and after SHE said they had direct pay figgered out,they cashed my Check anyway! (Oh! They will just credit your account for advance payment, she said). All I want is proper accounting for each payment for service , and they payment to be MONTHLY as specified by their web page, and the payment assessment according to the direct pay specification we agreed upon. Simple business practices these guys are unable to follow.

Today I got this from CenturyLink at CenturyLinkEmail@em.centurylink.com. Your Bill is Now Available Online. We're providing you with information about your most current CenturyLink bill for your convenience. Account Number: 0825. Total Amount Due: $172.34. Payment Due Date: 06/13/2016. Go To My. Account. View Balance/Pay Bill. No action required for AutoPay Customers.

Not receiving credit, being charged late fee for deducting cost of a movie not ordered, cashing a check they say they never received and charging me over $100 to pay bill for missing check and after 1 week of daily calls they now tell me I have to wait 5 more days for a refund/credit and unhappy with the sub service of direct t.v.for service I did not want. I only wanted telephone, internet and basic t.v. not bells and whistles they added without contacting me first. Terrible and would never refer to anyone. I work hard for my money and they should at least admit their errors and refund immediately.

I keep getting post cards stating have I changed my e-mail address lately. I have had the same address for at least 2 yrs. I did check with customer service here in Port Charlotte and they had a number 12 after my nanaba which I did not add. So I had them take it off. Plus I keep getting on my computer Centurylink is not responding. This comes up almost all the time.

I ordered their service with the promise from CenturyLink that when I moved to an area without their service (discussed location with CenturyLink customer service rep where they confirmed they did not provide service), the $200 cancellation fee would be waived. This clearly was them deceiving me because now they are telling me that is untrue and I will have to pay the fee. I will NEVER use this company again for anything.

On July 22, 2015 a truck struck a low hanging Century Link line located at North 43rd & North Alki Streets in Tacoma, WA. The impact on the Century Link cable damaged the Tacoma Power utility pole it was hung on requiring replacement of the pole. Code requires lines across thorough fares be no lower that 15.5 feet above the travel surface. The measured height of the truck was three feet below that requirement, meaning the Century Link line was out of compliance. Damages from this event total $4,597.59 for replacement of the pole, which the Utility is seeking to recover from Century Link.

My service started on Jan, 8th. I kept waiting to get a bill. The people who live in the same apt. building said they were slow in sending out bills. So I waited until March and started chating with customer service people. they all told me the same thing the bill was in the mail. I never got a bill. On Sat. 26th of March I chatted with a man and he told me I was set up to pay on line. Now that was news to me. He told me how to look at my bill on line. He was right I had 3 bills on line.

And they were wrong. I was being charged $44.95 a month. When I signed up I was told It was $39.95 a month plus they would give me a discount. Well that never happened. Today I was chatting with a person to get this taken care of and I was cut off because they can only spend 5 minutes with each customer. Then I called a live person I told them I was not going to pay the late fee charge because it was not my fault. She agreed to that but the rest I had to pay. I had no choice since this is the only service I can get at this apt. complex. this company is nothing like At&T. You knew what you were getting and for how long. I don't know if I am under contract are not. I guess I will find out someday when I try to cancel out. LS March 28 2016

I called CenturyLink phone support to ask a question and they informed me that they have not received payment in 3 months. I had records of payment being made and asked why I was not notified of this and I had to call in to find out that they were having an issue with my acct. The rep (who I could not understand because they did not speak English) told me they do not contact customers regarding this. I am in customer service as well and I would NEVER have let an account go that long without some kind of contact-very poor customer service. After they found my payments and I had to do THEIR work by sending confirmation of payment history I am now getting a bill after I terminated my service with them.

I just spent half an hour plus, trying to pay my internet bill that was due today. I've paid it online for more than a year now, but it's gotten increasingly harder to do. First, Century Link will no longer honor my American Express credit card. Then - I find today that a fee of $3.50 is being charged to honor any other credit card. The only other online option is to give Century Link direct access to my bank account. That's something I prefer NOT to do for ANY company. I then attempted to pay the bill via telephone, using the automated system.

As a side note, It informed me that having a real person process my payment was only possible during weekday business hours and that would also cost $3.50. In my google searches, I had previously seen that listed as a "convenience fee" when paying in person. Next - while entering the only credit card information that Century Link would graciously accept - I quietly said something to my wife, who happened to be in the room. The speech recognition system replied "Was that a no?" A "no" to what? There was no question asking for a yes or no reply. Not knowing how to answer at that point, I said nothing. It asked again "Was that a no?".

Without a response from me, it then explained to me that it would normally transfer me to an agent, but agents were only available during weekday business hours, and ended the call. So - I had to call again, start from scratch, navigate the automated menu again, and re-enter the account number and credit card number. This time, having been previously burned, I remembered to hit the "mute" button on my phone. I finally was able to get the bill paid - I think. I did receive a confirmation number, so I'm hoping for the best. Bottom line: It shouldn't be - and hasn't been until now - this hard to pay my bill. Century Link has stopped honoring my American Express card entirely and wants to charge fees for online processing of other cards or to have an employee assist with payment. As a customer, I shouldn't have to jump through hoops and beg Century Link to "accept" my money. I may very well find another ISP - even if it's more expensive - and drop Century Link. The good news there will be, they'll no longer be burdened with the processing of my payment.

I have been with Century Link for year's, I have transferred their service at least twice abiding to their contract terms. For the last 2 months all of sudden if my bill goes past due for more than 10 (ten) days they have shut my service off and I have had to contact customer service to have my service reinstated with a late charge and a re-connection fee. This last go round when I talked to a customer service rep who are typically rude, I finally asked how to cancel my service and was told quite frankly that "You are under contract and if you break that contract that there will be a penalty charge" at which time I was told "Pay your bill and get your service turned back on".

Today is 3/11/16 (I paid my bill on my pay day like every month) and my "Past Due Bill" of $96.?? is due on 3/12/16? Long Story short, apparently when you have a "contract" you are no longer eligible for decent customer service, you have to take what ever they say and pretend that the snotty little girl you are talking to has not looked at your history and would realize that I'm one of the reasons that she has a job.

The customer service was so horrible when I first reached out to receive Internet service that I cancelled the service. The technician showed up anyway. I work from home using CenturyLink as my Internet connection but the signal was not strong enough for what I was trying to do. My father had CenturyLink in his study and I was using it for my room as well. I wanted to get my own line...hoping that would help and the technician said that I should switch to Time Warner Cable because the signal out here with Century Link was not good and installing a link to my room would not help. He could not believe that I lived in this neighborhood and kept asking me if I was sure that this was really my home. (Which was intended as an insult because I am a person of color.)

I never let him inside my home and sent him on his way. Weeks later I received a bill for services and had to wait 45 minutes to get them to take it off of my bill. Now, 3 months later, they want to charge me 100 dollars for a modem. I never received a modem. I believe that they have a rogue technician...but I never received services nor a modem. Bad Internet service was the reason I ordered service, bad customer service was the reason I cancelled. And once again, I am still on hold another 1 hour just to take charges off of a bill for services that I did not receive and equipment that I never took possession of. This is a rip off.

I talked to Tia (Supervisor at Centurylink who refused to give me her last name) on Thursday February 18 2016 about the fact that I was charged for a modem given to me for free during the subscription of this account due to frustration of an earlier account that was not setup on time as you will see in the chat below or attached between me and the person who helped me setup this new account.

As I was talking to Tia, she was bent on the fact that Centurylink does not give modems for free and refused to give me the opportunity to send her the chat notes I had with the person who got me set up as you will see in the notes. Rather she expressed excitement cancelling my subscription when I asked her to.

Just to note, she was very excited informing me of the extra charges I will have to pay as a result of the account cancellation but will not let me send her the chat I had with your agent. To the person that will be reading this email if not you, I plan on tracking down the email addresses of all Centurylink execs. and forward this complaint to them even if it means on twitter. If Tia thinks Centurylink's revenue only depends on corporate accounts then I will proof her that my subscription counts.

5-day service outage beginning on or about 12/24/2015. I had to contact the CenturyLink CEO to get repaired. Ultimately repaired, but I asked for a credit for the lost service during the period. Was promised the credit would be done, and initially it was. However, on the subsequent bill, the credit was treated as an "underpayment" and charged as such. Contacted the rep who originally stated credit was applied at least three times at the email address she used to contact me. NO RESPONSE in the past 4 weeks. This is not the first time such annoying problems have occurred with my service and account. The year before, we were without service, both phone and internet, for about 5-6 months.

Dealing with CenturyLink is a near impossible challenge and has caused us intolerable problems and consternation. Internet speed was the slowest despite serviceman's insistence that a higher speed was available for our location. After months of constant emails and chat sessions, a rep found our location wasn't even on their system. He input a code which immediately identified our location and at the same time increased our internet speed which, while available, is still the slowest for our location (rural). Problems piled up over and over until they were somewhat resolved - after 6 months, which is unsatisfactory. Then this outage occurred last December, and we are still trying since to get the credit we deserve and was promised.

This may seem to be a small problem to CenturyLink, with a small amount of money involved, but the ongoing communications with CenturyLink is extremely below the average service that should accompany a business such as this - a monopoly that has its customers at its mercy. Instead of having to undertake a major effort to resolve such problems on an ongoing basis, intead, for once, I'd like to just simply get my $15.75 credit without so much ongoing drama in a more expeditious and effective and efficient manner instead of having to constantly resort to contacting CenturyLink Company executive officers at the highest levels.

I signed up for a 3 year price lock for phone, internet and directv for $94.94 a month, plus tax. I have NEVER paid less than $120 and when I called I was told that Directv was the problem. When calling Directv, they told me that since I signed up through CenturyLink, it was their issue. Oh my God, what a scam.

I have had CenturyLink as my internet provider for nearly 4 years and have never had uninterrupted service. It cuts in and out throughout each and every day. I have called numerous times and written numerous emails and, to this day, CenturyLink has been unable to provide service. I had CenturyLink for my home phone line, but had to go with another provider because it never worked. We could make outgoing calls, but could not receive calls.

My mother had CenturyLink internet and phone at her home across town for 10+ years and had the same problems. I have been using the internet in my home since dial-up in the 80s and never had a provider, until CenturyLink, who could not give me uninterrupted service. I'm not sure CenturyLink should be called and "internet provider" since they don't provide uninterrupted access to the internet. If Hillary Clinton had used CenturyLink as a provider, she would not be in trouble now as her "top secret" emails would never have been sent/received. Below are the two most recent email complaints I have sent. The problem still has not been fixed.

Why doesn’t CenturyLink get out of my town and let us get a real internet provider. For 1 week after my last complaint, my internet was fairly dependable. Of course shortly after that I was watching a movie at 1am and, of course, wasn’t able to finish it. The same thing happened the next night. I'm guessing that CenturyLink believes it is ok to take down a signal in the middle of the night because no one would be watching in the middle of the night. Wrong. I need my signal available 24/7. I must not be the only one complaining as I see the CenturyLink truck in the neighborhood. When that happens, the internet connection only gets worse.

After my last complaint, a tech called. I didn’t answer the phone because I don’t generally answer for #s I don’t recognize unless I’m expecting it. He left no message (I figured it was a sales call). He called again the next day, left a message and said he would call again, never did. Last night about 12:50pm, the signal kept going on/off so, of course, I wasn’t able to watch TV. It had been on/off all evening, but I completely lost the connection for some time. Today, it hasn’t been on more than a few seconds at a time. So, again, I can’t use it to connect with family or friends or conduct business. Heck, I can’t even send in a complaint to CenturyLink. Oh, and guess what.

There was a CenturyLink truck in the neighborhood yesterday, so today’s inconsistency isn’t entirely unexpected. Do something, please. There is no reason that you can’t provide quality service. I am paying for it and I am entitled to it. You promised to provide quality service, do it! CenturyLink sends me an advertisement every week asking me to upgrade. I am not ever going to pay more for service that you cannot provide. Fix it. Fix it now.

We signed up for centurylink bundled service last July. At that time there was a $100.00 gift card offered for doing so. In October I received an email that the reward was on its way. Today is January 29,2016. Still have not received the $100.00 gift card. When can I expect it?

I called on yesterday and the girl (did not get a name unlike me) was rude and after being rude she hung up on me. Today I chatted online and Terlean B was a great agent who followed what I needed. However Terlean was unable to resolve all of my issue so she gave me a number ot loyality dept who she said would be able to help. Called waited on hold for 10 min someone picks up the phone and says nothing, so I kept saying hello eventually he says may I help you. What happend to thanks for calling this is etc etc? His name was Darrius beyond rude young man. I told him I would prefer to speak to someone withou a attitue and back on hold I go for another 10 min. I have never been treated so bad as to when I call into Century lInk. This started day one I ask myself why am I stil here? I have several other options to provide me withmy needs at a lowere price are the same.

As of sometime after 6 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, January 21, 2016, we have no service on our land line. To add insult to injury, we do not have cell service at our home (due to our location). My husband and I have family members with severe health issues. If something were to happen to them, they have no way to contact us and vice versa. I had to drive to a location in the middle of our small town to get enough of a cell signal just to report the problem with our "home phone service".

It was pouring rain, it was lightning, and extremely cold. CenturyLink is unreliable (and incompetent) at best. When I did talk to someone I was told that it would Monday, January 25, 2016, by 6 p.m. before a technician would be available to evaluate the problem. I was also told that there would be a service charge on top of the ungodly fee we already pay for said unreliable service. This is not the first time we have had problems with CenturyLink. Because we live in a small town (in the middle of nowhere) we are held hostage by those that provide our "phone service". From prior experience, the technical support (this term is used loosely) is (as stated before) is as unreliable (and incompetent) as the "service" they offer. I can assure you we will be looking for an alternative to put an end this situation.

Nothing else will be tolerated.

I received a bill that I did not make! Then it went to CenturyLink collections. I have proof that I NEVER lived in Spokane Wa. I'M a victim of identity theft. I have a police report that states this. When I called the collection company they said I was lying and I have to pay this bill. I also tried calling century link and to report the mistake and I was a victim of identity theft, the customer service person didn't believe me either.

So this person is using my maiden name. I've been married for 10 years. My identity was stolen approx. 2001 and I lived with my mom at the time. My mom said that every person should be photo graphed when they sign up and their pic shows up with there account so someone can prove who they are. Also setup a security code word for extra security.

I have a CenturyLink complaint – each day, I receive approximately 15 calls from the following number: 201-402-2298; they do not leave a message and when I answer the phone, it’s an automated recording thanking me for going to their website; I never hear the first part of the message, only the ending; Weekend calls also happen but it’s no 15 calls, more like 6 calls. On my phone, I do not accept solicitors so they need to press one to continue. I have made several attempts to call this number – choosing option 1 to have English; and then I get a repetitive message telling me that my call is being forwarded to a CenturyLink agent. This never happens. Could you please let me how I get them to stop calling me? It is quite annoying.

When Century Link tried to bill my card doing an ACH withdrawl using my account and routing number, they submitted the charge to my bank using my email address instead of my name. My bank refused the charge citing the wrong name. It took me being passed around to three people when I called Century Link to get help. I was not going to pay the extra $25 fee because of their mistake. Today I tried to redeem my reward of a $100 visa card. I tried several times entering my "campaign code" as well as my Century Link account number. I kept being run around in circles with this and I am unable to redeem the reward. I feel like this is fake just to get people to sign for service through Century Link.

Called CenturyLink billing department to complain and then to cancel service because bill keep going up. Their retention dept said I wasn't getting all the discounts I should be and my bill would be lowered to $135 a month well just received my bill and it went up to $277. This company trains it's people to lie to customers stay away from them at all costs. Horrible practices by the corporate office.

I canceled my order for CenturyLink's product but they hijacked my phone any way. Then I had to pay to get my line back to Comcast. Then CenturyLink billing department sent me a bill and I told you that I did not want the service so they sent me a bill for it. Then they put a hit on my credit which I disputed but no one has called me from customer service or the CenturyLink corporate offices. I'm about to engage a lawyer to sue for damages.

Like a lot of people here, my experience has been awful. Actually, the customer service people have been ok, it's the techs that don't show up. Seriously, I make an appointment for a tech to come out, take a day off from work, and they don't show up. Nothing. Four days later, they decide to show up. Problem is, they still can't fix their crap internet. Never thought I would miss Charter, but at least it worked. Centurylink customer service department is just awful. Sadly, I've heard satellite is even worse.

I called CenturyLink customer service line and was left on hold for 35 min. This service is the worst I have ever had with any of our service over all. I called because our bill arrived and it AGAIN was up in our cost. I have basic service internet and phone with CenturyLink what a joke it is now 196.61. The month before I call because it was also up in cost to 181.19. I was told my discounts were gone and they would give me a large$10.00 . sept. my bill was $170.55 . I have had my problems with internet nothing was done, TV was out for a night again nothing. I have recommended, many of people to CenturyLink and they to have issues. I will discontinue all three of our services if No Response is addressed.

I am sure you would agree that 35 minutes is inexcusable. After all that time being on hold I hung up and was in raged of the lack of response to my call. It my be the company needs to hire more people of competent people and supervisors. If you check our phone you will see exactly what is happening. Also we pay our the day it comes into our home. This experience has me rethinking the service and curability of CenturyLink corporate offices and the whole company. We have all three of your services! I look forward to hearing from you regarding this matter. As a footnote I have many other with the same experience. If you need names I'll be happy to have them contact you also.

A salesman representing Century Link and direct TV said I could get both items for less than Comcast and I would have a 3 day cooling off period by mailing a letter enclosed with my paper work declining the offer. I declined the offer on the weekend and Century Link had already hijacked my phone from Comcast. The century link phone would have been great for a hermit cause no buddy could call in on my phone. I even enlisted a Consumer Complaint Investigator from the State of Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission. I received Her letter back today saying your cancellation request was received after the order for service was completed July 31,2015. The date of post mark ended service before July 31,2015. This multibillion dollar Corporation took advantage of me and refused to pay me back. The phone didn't even work! No calls could be made to it! There salesmen enticed me with the promise of a 100 dollar Visa rebate card when I signed up. I have no idea what happened to that. I do no this is a multibillion dollar company getting rich off ripping off Senior citizens!

I suppose to get a $100 prepaid visa card they told me it takes 4 to 8 weeks to get it which I know that is a lie and bull and they are commenting fraud and a scam so I don't trust this company. I want to see my prepaid card in my mailbox first before I pay them one cent.

I got my CenturyLink cable service via internet. I did not see the contract (with the year and a half requirement to stay with them or pay $20/month if leave. I have telephone service and internet via CenturyLink and kept hearing how much I would save if I added the TV dish service. Someone quoted me $10.00 savings but when I actually did add the Dish (Direct TV) it was only a $5.00 savings. I got the Choice channel package, which was the only thing I was offered. A few months later, I realized that the Select was cheaper and changed to that. The person who did the change did not tell me that (for some reason) going to a cheaper package would result in a higher bill as opposed to lower. I have many more channels than I need and this service is way too expensive.

A few weeks ago I called centurylink because I was only getting download speeds of about 650Kbs. I pay for 1.5 Mbs. They told me that there was nothing they could do and that it was normal. No... that's thievery. Recently my download speed has gone down more. Even more now. I'm only getting about 150 Kbs now. I will be dropping centurylink the first chance i get.

Hello. I called to have questions answered before I signed up for anything. The man I talked to was unable to answer questions to my satisfaction and at the end of the call, I received the impression he was no longer interested in signing me up. That turned out to be wrong when I opened my door and found the tech standing there. I told him I was not interested. He understood and left. Now I`ve received a bill from Century Link, even though I don`t have the service. The bill says I have an account number. What happened?

So I signed up with CenturyLink just to try it out... quickly switched to comcast as they had better speeds in my area. I go to cancel CenturyLink, and they tell me it will be a 200$ fee since I am on a contract. Here's the thing. I EXPLICITLY said I did not want a contract when I signed up. I said it multiple times, and got verbal confirmation multiple times that I would be billed month to month. But apparently, because it said somewhere in the bill that I was on a yearly contract, I was passively agreeing to that contract. Is this legal? How can they tell you one thing on the phone, put another thing in on the computer, and stick you with the burden of proof? No matter how good the deal sounds on the phone, don't believe it. They will stick you with whatever the hell they feel like.

Was sold a bundle deal for DSL with DirecTV and promised combined price under $100 per month. They've been charging me $70 per month for DirecTV and $70 for DSL, separately. I called to get clarification and was transferred 7 times within CenturyLInk (disconnected once) only to be told that I should have noticed this before my 30 days were up. During this time DirecTV was also included in the transferring and I have to say that they were kind enough to only have 1 person need to assist me in getting their part of the plan priced correctly. She was on the call with me for the last 3 transfers. Their people were helpless, rude, or both and it was extremely off-putting.

Here's the details: CentruyLink promotes a bundle for less than $100 per month to have DirecTV and CenturyLink DSL. This is for the slow DSL, but "hey, that's ok because you can upgrade your speed for only $10 per month!" Well in my area they apparently do not even offer slow DSL. I'm in one of the largest suburbs of Minneapolis and in a very established neighborhood. Qwest (now CenturyLink) is not new to this area. After modem rental and faster internet I was under the impression I was to be paying $110 or maybe a bit more per month for internet and satellite. My bill came and I was charged $130. OK, installation and setup fees or whatever, what's $20? That same month I got another charge for $70. Hmm... must have been setup for DirecTV? OK, I'm sure it will work out. Fast forward 2 months and suddenly I'm aware that they are billing me $40 more than what I expected.

How did I not notice this, you might ask? Well when I set up my account I opted to have e-statements. You know, save trees and the planet and stuff. This is all fine except that when they took down my email address they left out a letter. So no statements or explanations in writing. Just surprise charges. The single most frustrating part of this all is after almost 2 hours on the phone with these people I am told that me not understanding the charges is simply my fault and there's nothing they can or will do, including some extremely disrespectful comments. I am planning on discontinuing service as soon as possible, even if this means an early termination fee, because doing business with a company like this is simply impossible.

Worst company ever! I switched from Dish to Centurylink prism. We had a salesperson in our neighborhood that sold us on Centurylink. Big mistake! We were quoted $172/month for phone, internet and cable. We get the bill and they've raised it to $189/month. We were told, sorry, nothing can be done. We were told that our first bill would be "a little more than normal" as we would be billed for a pro-rated month and a full month. They sent us 2 smaller invoices and then we got hit with a bill for $572! Once again, we were told nothing can be done. We were informed this is normal for their billing. What a crock! Such a crooked company. I encourage everyone who has had problems with Centurylink to file a complaint with the BBB. Let's shut these crooks down!.

For the last year+ I have had nothing but problems from party lines to noise on the line so bad could not hear who I called and now my DSL for the last 6 months is terrible to say the least. To this day still having problems !! I still have to pay my bill I have hours and hours on the phone with them, if I could they would get -1 star

On 6-26-2015 I spoke with a Centurylink sales rep. and agreed to a bundle pkg. that I was told would come with a free phone, Direct tv 150 pkg. and internet service in my home. The price was quoted to me of $58.00 dollars the first year of contract & $111.00 for the second year and I was to get two $50.00 visa gift cards. with in three days I got a phone from verizon which is a cheap little piece of plastic junk. Two days later I received a bill from verizon for $25.84 monthly charges,$47.40 for verizon wireless surcharges and other charges & credits and $6.61 taxes,governmental surcharges & fees for a total of $79.85. That is what my free phone cost and I was not even made aware that I would be billed by verizon for phone service, I was made to beleive the whole deal was in the bundle. when the centurylink bill came it was $100.58 AS they had signed me up for the Direct tv ultimate pkg.

I spent countless hours on the phone with cust. service and supervisors only to be told they would investigate. They never did anything but lie and hang up on me. They clearly use deceptive trade pra. I have been dealing with them for yrs. as they are the only provider here. I am 69 yrs. old and they are by far the worst co. I've ever came across in my life. As of today I called Direct and got my entertainment pkg. dropped by about $30.00 I hope it is 9/23/15 so we'll see what happens. No thanks to Centurylink. BE careful if you have to deal with this company. You have to call and fight with them almost every month because they keep jacking up your so plan on spending a lot of time on the phone trying to navigate their system and don't believe a word they tell you. I rate them minus 5 stars and then some.

I saw this on the link, was also instructed to visit centurylink.com/getmyreward, to put in a campaign code, than submit. For the life of me I have not been able to find this link, please help, could also use the Visa Prepaid card.

I recently switched from Dish to DirectTV because Direct offered internet; I later discovered that the internet is via Century Link. Century Link ( CL) came on Wednesday afternoon, May 20th, to install their portion. Today, Friday, May 22, I went into my backyard and discovered an orange cable from the CL box down my backyard, across the gravel drive to the garage, and draped over a 6 foot fence; thence down an alley about 15 yards, ACROSS the alley which is regularly traversed by large dump trucks, and into the back yard of a private residence. It APPEARS to go into a telephone work station pole. When I called CL to express my concerns, I was on hold for over 35 minutes or alternatively transferred, then given another number to call!

When I called THAT number I was AGAIN on hold for quite some time before someone actually said they would send a technician out "sometime within the next 48 hours." The work CL has done is slipshod at best, and reflects poorly on the company. It is far and away superior, however, to the companys customer service!!! I have a video of this orange cable into the alleyway on my iPhone which I will gladly share should anyone need a visual explanation to go along with this complaint. Ever the optimist, I hope to post a satisfactory resolution in the next 48 hours. Stay tuned...........

November 2014, I was going to cancel my home phone. I called Century Link and stopped it after changing my mind. I asked if this was going to cause a problem with getting my same number. I was told no. It would take a couple of days and be back to regular.

When I called my daughter to tell her I re-instated my phone she said the number was different on her caller ID. I called Century Link back and after they told me they had it fixed. In the next month or two I received a bill for over $700. I called the company back. At this point, I have been on hold for over ten hours working on this.

They had been billing me the wrong amounts on the internet because when they missed up the account forgot to put the bundle back. They told me the adjustment was to high to refund. They told me it was because they had changed my account number when they gave me the wrong number and the auto pay stopped in September. I paid the bill and asked for copies.

I have made many, many calls to them. They told me they can't find my records before this happened. I have spoke with may supervisors stating they were going to research this and call me. No calls! The next couple of months I received bills that were never the same amounts. They said they had credits of each bill I assumed it was due to the billing error.

Today, they turned me off. I called on the billing yesterday to ask why my new bill was over $500. The person said it was due to someone else's account number being put on my direct tv account. I asked to hold off on the auto draft until they could send me the statements.

For some reason last month the auto pay started back up on it's own. My bill is normally due the 25th of the month but today is the 20th and I have no cable. They say I'm past due because they put an adjustment on this bill for $317.00 in which they say they had someone else's account number on my direct tv account. I called direct tv and they say I'm current.

I work in customer service and I can say I have never in my life dealt with such rude and non caring people. As of today, I have spent over 17 hours either holding or talking to your company. No one seems to take responsibility to get this fixed. I have been transferred 13 times of which I was told that is not my department. Who's is it?

They only delivered 1/4 the service you pay for unbearable low upload speeds on a 40mps plan and CS will do nothing to help you. I thought this was a class action lawsuit, not just a complaint form because that is what's needed. They are ripping of me and several others in the Youngtown/Sun City Area Because they think us older folks will not catch on. They gave me the run around for half a year now. First they said it was the modem that I bought from them for way too much so got another one. Nothing changed then. They claimed it was my Ethernet Card got a new one still no fix, then they claim its my cable so got a new cable with large bandwidth still not fixed they 100% refuse to send any one out to check the lines and they want to charge me $120 for a tech to come out to my house

I'm emailing on behalf of my mother. The residential phone service that you provide is very unreliable. It seems to stop working every weekend. There has been a service order on her phone at least 3-4 times over the last month and this is UNSATISFACTORY.

She relies on that phone for her safety and well-being. She is unable to contact 911 Emergency if necessary. Also, when I try to call on her behalf and report the outage, Customer Service refuses to talk to me. Well, how do you think she can report the outage if her phone is not working?? This is very dangerous and CenturyLink is negligent of their handling of this. Please treat this as a formal complaint and forward this to the President of the company.

Eight years of CenturyLink and it's been nothing but problems! This latest problem has been ongoing five months. Over 70 calls to customer no-service and they still refuse to fix the problems. In 2013 I had four technicians come out to troubleshoot the line and finally had to find the burned NID connection myself when the phantom ringing started in the middle of the night; then it took over 40 minutes to explain to the call taker that they needed to replace the NID, all because she kept insisting that I was not allowed to open the NID. In my thirty years working in industry, I have never seen a company so consistently incompetent as CenturyLink!

I pay almost $80 per month for 7mbps yet best speeds I get are .5 on average. I've had enough.

I have never delt with such a unprofessional & unorganized company. I began services in Jan. 2015 and that was the worst mistake as I have had the same 2+ hour conversation with these people monthly. They continue to shut my internet off due to "no payment" when they owe for an outrageous overpayment! I've been hung up on for asking for the persons badge number, location & name (which I was advised to do from Direct Tv) I've been placed on hold for over 20 minutes while they are "trying to fix my account" at the end of every phone call, I feel relieved, they tell me they are wrong, this is their mistake, assure me this will be corrected and apologize up & down.

Considering "supervisors" don't ever seem available to talk, I have been guaranteed twice now they will contact me the following day. They never do, I just receive another outrageous $300+ bill for Internet only! I don't even have a working computer in my home. I use wifi for TV & my son has an iPad. I'm a single mother of a precious sweet boy. I work full-time to make ends meet. I have spent countless hours on the phone with this company in the past 5 months (which I have NEVER done with any other company in my life!) I could have used that time with my little boy as I don't get much of it. This company disgusts me & if I could, I would sue them for my time. Save yourself the monthly headache.. Go with a different company.

When I changed cellphone services I kept the number. The number prefix shows out of the local area and suddenly I started being charged long distance when I call my cell phone from my residence. The cellphone company is in the same city that I live in and the calls (ones charged) were local. The CenturyLink people offered no resolution and in so many word "that is the way it is."

I spent 45 min. last night in your chat room trying to resolve this issue. You obviously have some dumb people working there. No one could even get back to me to answer my problem. I received a postcard in the mail to compete a promotion for my prepaid visa card. I was instructed to visit centurylink.com/getmy reward to enter a campaign code to complete the transaction online. Well.....,that is NOT a website and my server said it was unsafe!!

Is this another bogus promotion from you?? What the heck? I would expect to find a link on your website for reward center and there is nothing! I logged on to my century link account and couldn't find a thing about this prepaid visa reward. What is up with this? You need to make it a little easier to redeem this. Please advise how I can complete this promotion as I will not log on to an unsafe website!

My wife & I have had a lot of problems with the service at CenturyLink. Our billing keeps going up every time we get our next bill!! Can we cancel our service because of poor service?? If not, we want to let you know we won't renew our contract when our year's contract is up!! We are going back to Comcast. They didn't keep raisiing our monthly bill EVERY time we got our next bill & the service was not having lines in the screen or frozen screens. We had a tech come our and nothing the tech did helped solve the problem.. We will not pay a high billing price to watch television. One high note: the internet speed is really good, but that is the only thing we can say that is a plus!!

First it was not having internet service hooked up, then it was at a speed lower than I was paying for, now you turned my e-mail off. In total I have spent something more than 3 hours trying to get everything resolved. Today alone I have been transferred 3 times to people who say "sorry, that is not my account. I will transfer you to someone who can assist you." - 40 minutes latter I hung-up! I have been a customer for over 12 years, been a stock holder and now I am one pissed off customer! Why can't Centurylink transfer accounts between systems and why can't your service reps do their jobs? I will not sit on hold anymore for you guys to get it right, please call me with someone who can help.

I have no complaint with the internet service I signed up for or the installation. However, customer is the WORST!!!!! I called a few days after getting the internet service in regard to a commercial that CenturyTel is broadcasting that offers broadband plus direct TV for $45 per month. I have spoken to no less than 9 different representatives asking about this package. I have been told, that I am mistaken, I misunderstood, I didn't see what I thought, that does not exist and a few other frustrating comments. I watched the ad on television several times and was sure of what I saw, but pulled it up on the internet and watched it several times to be sure I understood. Still I am told it does not exist. False advertising?????

I was told when I signed up for internet service that my first bill would be a certain amount and even received an email confirming that amount. Guess what! My bill was nearly twice what I was quoted!! Of course I didn't receive the bill until AFTER the 30 day window in which I could have cancelled the service had passed. Had I known in that 30 days what they were charging me I most assuredly would have cancelled. I am quite sure that the timing was well calculated to force people to pay for the length of the contract and con us into having to pay higher rates because we don't know what they are up to until it is too late.

I have also been lied to and cheated by this company for the past year and a half, since the end of 2013. I have called them on it every month. They offer to set things right and quote me a price to resolve things and then when I get the next months bill, it's twice what it should be. Do they really train people to be this inept in accounting or what is really going on? i have asked for an explanation of the so-called 'services' that seems to double the cost and all I get is double talk. I hate having to call every month to straighten out my bill and have to listen to gobbledygook every time. I realize this is just a complaint website to sound off and nothing will ever come from it, but it helps to vent with others who understand. If a lawyer ever gets this, I hope CenturyLink has to pay double damages, just like they charge others.

CEO: Glen F. Post III - CFO: R. Stewart Ewing Jr. - COO: Karen A. Puckett. I have contacted the CenturyLink technical line several times over the past 3 weeks. Each time I use the "chat" feature I make contact with a "technician" who does not know how to solve my problem. My internet works. I am paying for the 1 Gbps download and 25 Mbps Upload capability. I am receiving 24-25 Mbps download and 1.04 Mbps Upload. My Prism appears to work as normal. My problem is I have no telephone service. I am paying for the blanket Phone>Inside>outside>local>Long distance repair capability. First of all when I contact your technical section online, I am warned that it will cost me $85 to have my inside lines fixed if your repairman finds the problem is inside the house. I don't appreciate this threat.

According to your Retail center office (where I have to drive to during their business hours) I am protected even if my phone itself fails (I have been there several times recently and that is the only way I get any help). It is now Easter Sunday. I wanted to call my family members and wish them a Happy Easter! Could I? NO! Because my telephone portion of the CenturyLink service is off again. Thank you. I am anticipating a Job offer from Glaxo Smith Kline which opportunity I may have lost over the past week due to the telephone service at my house having "NO LINE". I finally got a service repairman to come out Saturday. Of course the phone was working fine when he arrived. He chalked it up to "intermittent mystery problem". The telephone lines that run from the poles outside of my subdivision through the neighborhood were installed by a JackLeg subcontractor that Embarq hired to slam them into the ground several years ago.

There used to be audible cross-talk on the lines. Now it appears "according to your repairman", that a possible problem with these old lines may be affecting my phone. There are some loggers tearing up the wooded area behind my house about 200 yards away. Your service technician suggested that may be part of the problem. I doubt that because the lines run parallel to the street and it is nowhere near the work being done. Most people are shying away from landlines in this country. It is probable you will continue to lose more customers by continuing with the unconcerned attitude your company appears to be taking with this issue. "Why bother to fix the root cause of the problem, when the customer is probably going to use a cellular device anyway?" I choose a landline at my home because there are two converging cells at my house. One company in the living room, a different cell company in the bedrooms. The cellular reception on either is hideous. Are you trying to force me to use a cellular phone and dump my landline?
Is there someone at the switch (and I know you have switches) flicking mine off as part of some perceived "funny joke"?

Perhaps your repairman could come out and rip the entire phone wiring system out of my house and replace it guaranteeing elimination of that as part of the problem. Everytime a service technician has been out here they connect their meters and equipment and find no problem. It's similar to when you are so sick you feel like you're dying and as soon as the doctor puts the stethoscope on your chest you feel fine.
Your online chat is pretty much worthless. You do not allow your attendants to make a contact to the people at your company who can "supposedly" really help (the 800 numbers). They say because they are a chat that you do not allow them to make telephone contact to your various helplines for your customers. When my landline is inoperative, as it is right this minute: 7:04pm 04/05/15, and I contact the "chat" help, the attendant is, by your rules, "not allowed" to make contact with the people who they (the attendant) are telling me to call for help. Mr. Spock would say "perplexing". Logically if I have no cellular phone, and my landline is inoperative, it would prove impossible to telephone your help lines for assistance. But it is the only thing your "technician" (attendant) has to offer. I recently was offered a survey of your online service. I gave it "very dissatisfied" as a rating.

You should not use the term "technician" with your answering service's, attendants, and repairmen you send to your customer's homes that can't find the problem. A technician is a person who is a hands-on troubleshooter (successful) who can diagnose, analyze and make a repair or replacement of defective parts, processes, equipment or systems. An engineer is a college trained person who sits at a desk, thinks they know all the answers and lay out all sorts of designs and plays with CAD to make pictures all day that may work if a good "technician" knows how to physically create or repair the actual process or equipment. The engineer is paid at least twice as much as the technician and does 1/2 the actual work. Telephone or Chat attendants are limited "answer the phone" and assign the work to the technician people and have no business whatsoever being titled "technicians" They fix nothing and can't even understand a problem when it is explained to them in terms a child would understand. When they can't do this they are useless.

I don't know if your voice operator attendants who are on the voice end of the technical service line are any better than your "chat" people but if they are the same, you could save a lot of money by replacing both with a recording that says: "Hi you have reached the technical help line for CenturyLink. This recording has replaced a real American to help you in person because they were restricted from providing any actual help. As this is a recording, so we don't have to listen to your whine about how crappy your service with us is and as you will receive no help anyway it's cheaper for our company to simply waste your time with this recording instead of having an actual "American" person take your calls. If you need help, drive 15 miles to our retail center where we actually have some good people who will listen to you and get you the help you need. Thank you for wasting the time to listen to this recording." That is about what I have been getting from your "help chat". If you can get someone who can fix the telephone problem that affecting me or perhaps my whole neighborhood, I would be more than happy to discuss ways you can make your customer service, technical service and public relations simpler and more effective. You might even get a few of the millions of customers you have lost to the cellular industry back to landlines.

I discontinued service they charged me a penalty for stopping service before end of contract. I find out this month they have filed a collection against my credit report for a total of $424.00. Supposedly I had the service in the year 2012 and they file on my credit report 3/15 date of last bill are you freaking kidding me. The collection agency says I had a bill cycle of 23 months. Not hardly I disconnected service 8 months after I initiated service and they told me to bundle the service was cheaper with them and dis network. Nope a whole lot more expensive. I was able to find services a whole lot cheaper. I am da-- pissed they turned me into a collection agency and have gotten by with this. I would be more than happy to be a class action lawsuit against these crooks.

Trying to set up Account online. I live in Texas. When online it states i Must enter my Access Code....I dont have an Access code so I call to get one...Here's what I got....

1. You got to call 800-201-4099 (told wrong number-couldn't assist me)
2. You got to call 800-788-3600 (told wrong number-couldn't assist me)
3. You got to call 866-642-0444 (told wrong number-couldn't assist me)
4. You got to call 800-244-1111 (told wrong number-couldn't assist me)
5. You got to call 877-646-3282 (told wrong number-couldn't assist me)

I hung up! So, what is the GD number I call so I can get an Access Code in order to set my account up online? After over 1-hr 45min of getting jerked around I still cannot set up my account to pay online because NO ONE in your company KNOWS who I contact to get a stinking Access Number... This is absolutely absurd--So what is my access number or what number do I call to get an Access Number.

I have tried for several months to talk to someone about my bill constantly going up but my service constantly going down. I pay almost 100 a month for internet that works part of the time. My bill started out at 50 and has gone up. been with this company for over 10 years and there service just gets worse.. They know that i can't get any other internet where i live that doesn't charge by gigbyte. So they figure they can do what they want to their customers

I was promised a $50.00 gift card and to date I have not received one. We signed up for the bundle package and was promised this gift card. We started receiving this package in August 2014. I want my gift card!!!!!!!! Please help! Account #7196215 Direct TV Account # 308111879 Centurylink

Have feedback for CenturyLink?