CenturyLink

Complaint Department

Most Popular Complaint about CenturyLink

Posted by Complaints Department on Feb 16, 2015
Customer Rating

I have paid my bill for 3 months and was told that the CenturyLink gift cards were being sent out. I then called the company and they told me that I was not registered (which the original representative never told me ) - he then told me to check online for status.

Only to find out that this company is not honoring their offer. This is very upsetting. I want what I was promised - I want my $250 gift card asap via centurylink.com/getmyreward. Thank you.

4 Customers agree with this feedback

Did CenturyLink provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about CenturyLink?

Customer Satisfaction Results
2.01 out of 5
2.01 out of 5 Stars
69 Consumer Reviews

CenturyLink
Contact Information

I want to write a letter to CenturyLink. What is their corporate mailing address?

100 Centurylink Drive
Monroe, LA 71201

I want to call the CenturyLink customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

318-388-9000

I need to visit the CenturyLink company website. What is their website address?

More CenturyLink Complaints

Customer Rating

A young man representing Centurylink came to our door to sell us a combination of centurylinl service as well as direct tv . We signed up for internet service from centurylink bundled with choice extra HD access, DVR service. We were ripped off as we only got Choice not choice extra and standard tv equipment with no dvr. Now they say nothing can be done. It would cost us an additional540.00 The boy from centurylink and his counterpart at century link are crooks as well as both companies. Sales agent Tyler Downs , CYDHCN, ID # and
call center agent Elizabeth, ID # FALT095 can not be trusted nor either CenturyLink nor Direct TV

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Angie & Ed Pendell on 09/05/2013 at IP address 184.96.253.232 using our Centurylink & Directtv complaint form. This opinions contained in this Centurylink & Directtv customer review titled, "Not getting what I signed up for" do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I have had the worst customer service ever with century link from loosing my install work order, deposit on account and being promised hundreds of dollars in credits that were never issued. Every time I call I am on the phone for t least 30 minutes and transferred three or four times. They promised me a gift card to be sent in sept and still don't have it it s february! They are the worst!!

Customer Rating

I signed up for automatic bill pay a good 3 or 4 months ago. It finally went through with my April billing. The site they tell you to go to does not give me the option to request my gift card. Now I see in the small print that the promotion ended 1/31/13. I applied for the card before then it's not my fault if they took 4months to put it through. There is some thing wrong here!

Customer Rating

I have contacted Century Link in the past about my billing because it is not consistant. I am told by their customer support that the billing cycles change and their is nothing they can do about it. I have been a loyal customer for 1 1/2 years. Now i have a bill for $70 due on 1/17 and my service was disconnected on 1/24. I contacted Century Link customer serivce to find out what was wrong because I wouldnt think that service would be disrupted for a payment being a week late. After 2 hours on the phone and century link telling me the problem was in Direct TV and vice versa I get told I have to pay over $200 to get my servcie turned back on. In addition to this I have to pay $29 in fees. This is ridiculous. When I spoke to the billing manager I explained that there is a lot of confusion going on both with me and their customer service department and I dont think the fees are valid she told me they were and there was nothing she can do about it. Wow I feel like a valued customer.

Customer Rating

In the beginning, we went through CenturyLink to get phone, cable and internet. When they signed us up for a bundle package, they then transferred us to Direct TV for the cable portion of the service. CenturyLink will sign you up but don't know the details about the terms and agreements for Direct TV. In the end of signing up, they requested a credit card for initial sign up fees. We were very clear in stating that this was the only time that we wanted to used this credit card. We explained in many different ways that we did not want the card to be used again. If there was to be any reason why they should need to use that credit card again, they would have had plenty of opportunity to explain it to us at that time. Instead, we were assured that this would be a one time use only. Direct TV offered some free trial movie channels for the first month. Well, if it's absolutely free, sure, we will give it a try.

After the first month, the free channels were still there and we got charged for them. We were never told that we had to contact them to discontinue the movie channels to prevent being charged for them. This Direct TV bill was going up and up and was not at all the original bundle package that we originally agreed to. We just could not afford to pay for these channels that we were not using. So, we requested to discontinue the Direct TV service all together. Just keep the phone and internet. They then went and charged $295 to the credit card that was used in the beginning, stating that it was an early termination fee. They stated that it is noted in the terms of agreement contract that we agreed to in the beginning. I never received or signed a terms of agreement ever!

They stated that they have a copy of it and they can send it to me. All they can send to me is a copy of the agreement... but there is no evidence that I ever signed or dated it. It's just a copy that can be sent out to anybody. I never saw it, but because it exist, everybody is suppose to have automatically agreed to it when they sign up for this service regardless of if you have ever read it or not. I went through their arbitration process to no avail. It's the same thing... because they have the agreement in existence, we are bound to it. I went through the credit card company to dispute this as well. The Credit Card company even stated that it was proof to them that the charge was legit because they have a copy of this agreement on file, unsigned.

So now, we are stuck paying this extra $295 that we couldn't afford in the first place and was the reason why we were cancelling the service. Since then, I have helped somebody else contact CenturyLink in regards to signing up for services. At the time of signing up, I asked them about the terms and agreement. I asked them if they could tell me specifically what the fee is going to be for early termination. The actually fee is not listed in the agreement. It just states that you are subject to one, but no specific amount is listed. If there is still a lawsuit in place for this, I would like to be part of it. Please let me know if there is any further direction that we can take on this. Thank you.

Customer Rating

I just about fell off my chair when I read two other letters concerning CenturyLink and their Visa Gift Card because I am going through the SAME thing. I needed to get another cable provider and when I decided on DirecTv, they could not provide Internet nor land line phone service. I was given three choices for those two services and I picked CenturyLink because my sister has them.

CenturyLinks rep is the one who told me that I would receive a $100 Visa Gift Card. In reply to my first complaint to CenturyLink, I was told I had not registered...which I know I did because I was given, both by email and verbally on the phone, a delivery date of 8-31-12 BUT I went and registered AGAIN! Now, I have been looking at a delivery date of 10-31-12. It is now 11-6-12. I have just sent another letter to CenturyLink.

This is called FRAUD and is illegal. I am seriously considering making my next email/phone call to the States Attorneys' office and the local TV station. I am not fighting for this card to go on a happy spending spree. I am a diabetic on Disability who has to go to the food bank to survive. This card will be used for the same purpose...trying to survive.

Customer Rating

This company is so unorganized, and the representatives have no clue what they are doing. I had to call 3 times on the same issue to find out that the website does not even exist www.centurylink/getmygiftcard. I called again and asked them if he would enter my information to receieve the card and he did, but told me the website was www.centurylink/getmycard and that website does not exist. It was all a lie. This is by far the worst company and I suggest you tell everyone that you know never to use them. On another note Direct TV should be ashamed to even have their good name linked with CenturyLink.

Customer Rating

I placed an order for service the end of July 2012. After a few phone conversations with different representative i finally got one who could take the order. I was promised a $150.00 gift card for the trouble and obtaining the service. I was told that a post card would come in the mail and to fill it out then send it back , it has been close to months and I have yet to receive a postcard. I have called numerous times to inquire about the $150.00 giftcard . Each time I get the same response the postard is coming. I truly fell as if this is a scam.

Customer Rating

After joining Century link high speed internet, I was told I would get information in the mail on how to obtain a $ 50 reward. I received a card with a campaign code of 11-52642 instructing to go to Centurylink.com/getmyreward and enter the aforementioned campaign code. I was not able to enter the information into any of the web sites listed. A nice scam from Century link

Customer Rating

I had been with a cable company for 3 yrs and was scared to change service. Was promised by CenturyLink with a good review that I would get 150.000 gift card & they told me the service I would be getting would be no more than 125.00 a month at the most 150.00.

I had to set up my own router & get my computer set up. Then after 2 months waiting on the $150 CenturyLink gift card I called and they said i had to register and it would be out soon. What no one told me that. I couldn't find it on their website or anywhere!

CenturyLink did not give me a link. I had to Google it in order to find it, and it ended up being www.centurylink.com/getmygiftcard. So I found it put it in then the website says I would be getting it in Feb. Here I claimed for it in Nov and have had service since late august early September.

Then my bills I never get the same bill even though we don't order movies at all. They are never the same, which is why I went online to discover more CenturyLink customer reviews.

One month it will be 89.?? then the next it will be 199.99. I asked why, oh we are not getting direct tv's bill because of the billing cycle! I do not like fluctuating bills from one month to the next. I am in a 2yr contract with Direct so thanks to CenturyLink yeah they have me right now. I wish I could just break the complete contract and leave their company.

I don't see having a computer/phone running 89.00 a month Not when it all free and unlimited. The sales personnel def. feed you a line to get you. They know you will never speak to the same representative again they don't care, that's why more complaints will be filed and posted online against them.

I haven't received my 150.oo gift card from century link as promised..have spoke to 3 company reps. and they claim it was sent on 11/30/12..still haven't seen it..whats the deal..? I submitted it back in Sept..

The website link is: www.centurylink.com/getmygiftcard

5 reasons I hate CenturyLink

1) asked to use my existing phone number for their phone and internet pkg, and they said yes. Upon installation I saw brand new phone number on top of too slow internet service.
2) called Fri night to say I rescind my order. They said wait until Monday to cancel.
3) called Saturday to ask where to drop off modem. They said take to Lloyd Center Mall. Took it there, and they refused to accept it. Said call on Monday.
4) On Monday called customer service to cancel service. They said to put on return address label and drop off modem at local post office. I said the label says UPS, and said it 2 more times. Each time they said take it to post office.
5) took to post office who refused to accept it. Had to find UPS store to mail it.

This is the worst customer service I have experienced. Full of inept people who don't know company policy at all. Customer service person yawned loudly many times while talking with me. Also was told I would see a bill soon since they bill a month in advance. I had service for one day before attempting to cancel. What a huge rip-off joint.

Customer Rating

My Family and I have been customers of CenturyLink for about five years now. We have used the internet and the home phone bundle, but then we decided that we did not need a house phone anymore. The internet service is the only service we use now. Customer service has been exceptional to us. The Internet speed has always been affordable, and almost no problems have occurred until now.

My mother pays $56 every month for regular speed internet which is fair, but what is not fair is not having the internet work. It was a Monday afternoon, around 5 pm on January 5, 2015 when I planned on watching a movie to celebrate the death of my winter break to find my laptop denying me internet access. I reloaded the page, thinking there was problem with my laptop. I soon found that out to be false when I checked my C1000Z modem’s DSL light. The DSL light on the far left was red and the internet light was off which indicated the internet was cut off. That is when I knew I would call CenturyLink’s technical support line the next day. I understand that technical difficulties just happen to occur accidentally, but what I do not fully comprehend is why it takes four different technicians to fix one internet issue. The three men swearing they could fix it, left swearing they would come back tomorrow and try again, but they never did. One of the technicians named Max actually fixed the internet issue for the night, but during the afternoon I came home to futile internet service. I do not know if Max and the other two tech guys inadvertently repaired my internet access, but what I do know is one technician came over to my house at 5 pm on Friday and fixed my internet service in less than thirty minutes. His name was Abel and he claimed one of the chords had not been plugged in which caused my internet access to go down. Another major issue I encountered was every time I tried to call a technician out for the job, I had to be told instructions such as “plug the green cord out of the DSL port, and plug it back in” or “look for other ports around the house to plug the green cord in” which involved me and my sisters moving heavy furniture out of the way. I was told that I had to do the long set of instructions before I called a tech guy out there even though I had told the other person on the line I had already done these steps multiple times before, and it ended up as a waste of time.

I, along with my mother who pays the internet bill, believe we should not pay for the three days the internet access was down. For all the distress caused, we would also like 30% off on next month’s payment. Please respond back in the next two weeks. Thank you for your consideration and time.

Customer Rating

I had Comcast television and internet for sixteen years. Thought I could save with bundling with Century Link and Direct Tv....at least that is what the Century Link agent lead me to believe. First off, they never told me there would be a two-year commitment with Direct Tv. When Direct came out to hook it up, I wasn't home and my son signed for it. Didn't get a bill for four months....Century Link told me that Direct would send my bill...wrong! I keep getting the wrong amounts for my billing on my internet...four times the amount originally quoted. They also hooked up my internet incorrectly with not near the speed again that was quoted! Everything about Century Link is AWFUL! Even when I go online for my billing, that is messed up. I punch in amounts paid in the last year, and they show one payment, etc. Don't do business with this company!

Customer Rating

I have been a CenturyLink customer for 35 years as there is no other service available to me in my area. I feel it is criminal how they can "give you a deal" in a bundle package and you end up getting screwed. The last "bundle" I agreed to included long distance services which I don't use, but it was supposed to "save me money". The regular phone service charged extra fees of $12.47 (federal access charge, extended area service, non-telecom svc surcharge, access recovery charge)...which is rip-off enough, but the long distance portion of the bill has it's own fees included (State sales, special district sales, federal telecom relay service fee, federal universal service fund, state and local taxes, federal universal services fund, federal telecom relay service). WTH!! How can they get by with this!!

Customer Rating

I was given a set price for a bundle package. Every month the bill was more than quoted price. Every month I had to call and fight them on it. Then when I called this month they said I had to pay the inflated price or they would disconnect me. I was quoted the original price 3 times, during 3 different phone conversations before I decided to sign up. The last time I called the representatives said I had been misquoted in the beginning and they were not responsible for it. This is outright fraud. How are they getting away with this???

Customer Rating

150.00 ! That's what this is all about. They really do not think everyone who is going through all this trouble to switch to Direct TV and sign on with all new account numbers not to take advantage of their " Great Offer " now that I have done this at my home, and at my rental property I have to pay for the return of all the Dish on Demand sattelite boxes, send them UPS.... @ 20.00 each , Pay installation fees, clean up after guys and ladders, inside and out... Two days later... Now it is time for the two 150.00 visa preloaded cards to come my way... NOT !!!! This is entirely a BIG SCAM>

Customer Rating

I ordered Centurylink and talked it over with my DirectTV and they explained the cost would be $14.95 modem and 49.95 standard installation plus taxes.

Then Centurylink called me to confirm my installation date and time and I again asked the cost for this and they told me $14.95 s&h for the modem and installation was free to which I replied then why is the installer coming out. I was told to bring the modem.

When the person from Centurylink came out he brought the modem and proceeded to install the line to my house to which I asked is there a charge for this because I have cable to my house and he replied NO CHARGE.

So you can imagine my surprise when I got a bill for $219.00 dollars from them. They charged me $5 for partial mo. internet one-time charge for internet of $19.95 plus $34.95 for 1st mo. internet and $49.95 for standard installation. Then $99.99 for the modem which was never explained to me I have to buy there modem.Then $10.67 in sales tax.

Then when I called I was told those were the charges and I explained that is not what I was told the charges were to be even though I asked several different people. She explained I could go to their finance payment plan to pay it. At which time I told them I wish to disconnect service with them if this is the way they do business and the centurylink person said OK and sent me to disconnect.

There I was greeted by a person who I tried to explain my situation and why I was disconnecting who thought it was terribly funny and proceeded to comply with disconnecting my service. Beleive me when I say this company is very shady in it's business practices. In all my years with comcast I have never been treated with such disregard and humiliation as I was with Centurylink.

Well I'm going back to Comcast where at least there I know what the cost is and will be on a regular monthly basis.

Customer Rating

I have had Century link for 9 months. The representative at the store where I signed up told me she would take care of registering me for the gift card.

She did not. I applied on line after three months and then was told the card would be sent in Sept (nine months after the initial sign up).

I have not received it so I called Century Link and they said the date shown on the web site means it could be 4 to 6 weeks later as a delivery date.

They expect me to pay my bill on time but they don't abide by their policies of prompt payment.

Customer Rating

I called Centurylink after frustration with another carrier and was promised a $250 gift card for a 2 year agreement. I tried to claim my gift card and after numerous phone calls from September to Dec I was told told I did not qualify for the gift card and all we can do is offer you an apology for being mislead.

Such a scam especially with service where the TV and internet constantly freezes up. I am totoally dissapointed with the service but mostly for the fact of being mislead and promised something that in the end was just a lure to get customers to sign up for more than what they origionally bargained for.

I will write the CEO and file a many complaints as posssible.

Customer Rating

i was contacted by a rep asking me to switch from comcast to century link. I was paying over $250 a month for all my services from comcast, so I asked them how much would they charge for the EXACT SAME type of services, phone, internet, and cable. the sales rep then told me that they could give me the EXACT SAME service for $69.95 a month. I then asked when this price would expire, and how much my service would go up to after that. in my shock, i was told by the rep that the $69.95 was not a promotional discount, it was the actual cost of the services and that my bill would never go up.

amazed, i said well how do i know youre not just telling me this, and a few months down the line i end up with a bill thats hundreds of dollars? the rep then told me that i can rest assured that my bill would never change, and if it did, i could have them pull up our phone call that was being recorded and they could hear the price i was told. she said they keep their phone calls on record, just in case something like that ever happens. it was too good to be true. i figured i had nothing to lose, if i ever got a higher bill, i could have them listen to the call, and I would always have a record of the quote i was given.

after asking the rep 5-10 more times if she was POSITIVE that my bill would never go up, i agreed to sign up and she set up an appointment for someone to come out and set it up.

the service tech came out and i even mentioned to him that the price i was quoted was insanely cheap, and he said that they are trying to get more new customers and have been basically giving away their services for nothing, just to build a strong customer foundation.

everything went great after hook up. internet was comparable to comcast, i kept my phone number, and had all my old cable channels. then i received my first months bill. it was close to $300. MORE than i was paying with comcast. I then called customer service and they told me that i signed up for this service, at the price of $300 a month, and that they dont have ANY services even close to mine for $69.95 a month. i then mentioned to them that my original phone call was on record and that they could hear what price i was quoted.

then they would have to honor that price. i was then told that they could not find the recording, because they only keep their records for 30 days. seeing that bills are sent out 6 weeks after the initial phone call, there would never be any way to prove what you were told. they said i would have to get rid of almost all my services to get my bill down to $70 a month. so i told them that their employee that called me was breaking the law, and i was going to file fraud charges against her, for lying so she could get the commission for my account.

they would not tell me what state she lived in, so i called north carolinas states attorneys office. after speaking to a supervisor's supervisor, and telling them i was in the process of having fraud charged brought against their rep, she said she would talk it over with her boss and call me back the next day. next day came, no phone call. 3 days later i called back and spoke with the same lady (jessica) i was told by her that they would now honor the price of $70 a month for one year, and that my account was noted as such. i hung up, called back and spoke with the regular customer service people and asked them if there were any notes on my account regarding billing.

i was then told that there was one note stating that my FIRST bill only was going to be reduced to the $70 amount, but that NO OTHER notes about future billing were in there. so i called back again to speak with jessica, who had told me that my account noted a billing rate of only $70 a month for a year. this time i made sure to record the phone call myself. she told me that i could be assured i would not be charged any more for the first year. i then said, "ok, im just making sure that two months down the line this wont happen again" she said dont worry, your account is noted that you are only to be billed $70 a month.

having this on tape i felt better. after she told me they sent out bills every TWO MONTHS, i felt good when my next bill for $140 came. i figured that was a bill for two months, at $70 a month. so i paid it and didnt think anything of it. then, 3 weeks later, i received a bill for $185. so i called them AGAIN. and i again spoke with a supervisor's supervisor. this time someone different. i told her my long story, and what i was told, she then informed me that there WAS NOTHING ON MY ACCOUNT that said anything about future billing. she said that there was only ONE note about lowering the first months bill to $70, but nothing at all about any thing else. when i told her what jessica told me (her co-worker) she made out like i was lying.

then i told her, well let me play the tape for you. i have jessica on TAPE telling me my bill should only be $70 a month for a year, and that my account if heavily noted about this issue. i told her i paid the last bill of $140 because it was for two months at $70. she then told me that they NEVER bill in two month increments. they bill EVERY month, and that the first bill is for a month and a half, but after that they bill every month. so this supervisor jessica had flat out lied to me about their billing and about how she "heavily noted" my account to reflect a $70 a month charge. and i have this ALL ON TAPE so they cant deny it. lies like this are CRIMINAL, let alone down right dirty. im guessing that she thought if she told me they bill every two months, i would pay the $140 every month, and that i wouldnt notice that i got a bill every month. either way, they flat out lied. they lied so they could get more money out of me. thats almost the definition of fraud.
so this person told me that my bill was NOW corrected to what i was told. and that she would check up on it to make sure i wouldnt be charged any more than what i was told. after overpaying, i shouldnt have to pay a bill for 2 months, and only half of the third bill.

i guess ill have to wait and see what happens, but i can tell you ive spent 5 hours on the phone with them trying to get this resolved.

all because THEY CALLED ME to offer me a service at a discount, then made out like i was lying and trying to con THEM!

if you have ANY other options for cable or phone services, please go with them! avoid century link at all costs! the people complaining here are not just bitching! they are correct! and im betting there are thousands of others who were conned or lied to, who havent complained. they dont just rope you in with fine print, they FLAT OUT LIE TO YOU just to get you signed up, then they bend you over and hit you in the tail-pipe. hard.

Customer Rating

In September of 2012 I called for Century Link services and was promised a $250.00 Gift Card. However, upon calling for status of my card, I was informed that no paperwork was submitted. In December of 2012 I spoke with a supervisor by the name of Christine and was informed that she has submitted my information and I should receive my Gift Card no later than 2-14-13. Well, today is 2-27-13 and I called regarding status and was informed that the previous supervisor was misinformed and that I have to wait another 6 weeks for my Gift Card. Upon entering their web-site I was not suprised to see all of the previous customers who have been told the same story regarding this Gift Card. Has anyone received any of these gift cards?????

Customer Rating

I signed up with Century Link bundle package in August of 2011. Was promised a $150.00 gift card. After waiting a month, I called was told I wold have to wait 2 billing cycles. I did in November I called again was told I was supposed to have gone on line to register and request the card, I did. After doing so the form stated I wold receive this card by December 1, 2011. Today is Dec. 19th nothing yet. I just had a lovely on line chat with an agent who claims I was never offered this card and that there is no record of me every requesting it. Are they serious how do they just blatantly lie like this.

After doing some research on line, I'm just another of thousands this has happened to. Guess I'm switching to someone, anyone else.!! I am currently a CenturyLink customer, for 5 years. When I moved I was being billed at my old address and new address, someone forgot to change it in there computer? I was not aware of this till I got my first bill at my new address. I was scheduled for tv service, which just this year was available in my area, I waited 4 hours, no show. I call CenturyLink only to be told no order excisted. Funny how there are no week-end office hours, for me to call and ask where is the tech.

And I am being over charged, more than once, sounds like crooked employees. Wonder if they do back ground checks?

Customer Rating

Centurylink fraud: I had Centurylink telephone and Internet service for over a year. Last August (2011) I canceled telephone service and kept Internet service. The new charge was $39.19 per month with the statement showing a $20.00 credit. I didn't know what the credit was for but in January (2012) I discovered that it was a trap to defraud. In January (2012) I canceled Internet service and was told the I would have to pay $200.00 penalty for canceling Internet service. I was told that when I canceled the previous telephone service, that I had made a one year verbal contract for the Internet service. That was the reason for the $20.00 credit.

I didnot agree to any verbal one year contract. The so called verbal contract is totally fictitious and a scam to defraud the customers that are canceling service. The actual charge for the Internet service was $59.19, so the net fraudulent ripoff will be about $100.00. Beware of CenturyLink-"thieves and liars"...

I just had a chat with a Centurylink CSR. I am on a budget as a single mom of two and trying to make ends meet. In this economy I think this is something everyone understands. I am not looking for freebies. I am looking for concessions to work with my situation. As a company the practical concern is to secure customers. Long terms use of your services would bring more return than the trivial fees that make your product inaccessible to low income customers. I can afford the 40 a month but cannot afford the 40 dollars of feels on top of this nor the 50 dollars ON TOP OF THAT to get the product set up.

But from my chat with your Centurylink rep you have no desire or consideration whatsoever to work with your prospective customers to get around this in a way that could be affordable. This is really disappointing and I feel this will greatly hurt you in the long run. Even leases for homes allow high deposits to be spaced out over a period of months to accomodate these situations. But from the position of your company its pay up or get out. Ill be posting this conversation on facebook and my blog as this is something that I think others would like to address as well. Im sorry that we could not come to a workable situation but should you want to work this out feel free to contact me.

Customer Rating

I have been waiting since July for my gift card. It was one of the reasons we signed with Century Link. After numerous phone calls I received an email that said it would be here approx. 1/14/2013. AS OF TODAY 1/21/2013, it has still not arrived. I am sending a copy of this to the Att.Gen. here in FL and the BBB. Buyer beware, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is, especially where Century Link is concerned!!!

Customer Rating

I had century link internet and phone service until they disconnent my service I was charged for internet 50.00 per month when I was told I would only pay 20.00 per month for new service. I never got a bill every month I only got discontion notices from your office.

Customer Rating

I fell for the "great offer" of Prism TV, Phone and Internet package all on one bill. That was in October 2012. I was supposed to receive a $100 pre-paid gift card. When I called in February to find out where it was I was told it would take about 8-12 weeks. October to March?? What's wrong with this picture and where is the gift carfd??

Customer Rating

I was promise a gift card if I bundled for 12 weeks and now september has come and gone. and no gift card and every time I talk to someone they give me a different story about my gift card.Why are they able to get away with such a scheme like this,no other company would able to, cant they be made to honor their contract,we would have to pay our bill if we tried that.

I signed up for the 5 year bundle and was promised a free $150 giftcard from American Express. There is no where to sign up for it via the century link website. I speant over $600 and I want my $150 gift card I was promised.

Customer Rating

I received service in 9-2012 my giftcard was suppose to come in 12-2012, I never received it I called and they said I had to register on line no one told me to go on line to register, so I finally did but I am so angry about my first bill being 280.00, they bill one month in advance I don't want anything from them. I am going to report them to BBB. I promise you, the results will come after that.

Customer Rating

they tell you will receive a gift card but then its based on credit that they dont tell you about then as they are promoting this deal century link should back up what they say with something to their customers.......its all a gimmick to get you to sign on and this company is all about their best interest. century link puts no value in their customers

Customer Rating

I have been at the Residence Inn, on business, in Durango, CO for a week. Internet stinks! Constantly getting bumped off, front desk is aware of the issue. Call technical support, was told that the speed is capped at 1/2 meg...that is not sufficient to load a page. Dial up is far more reliable because u.stay online. Cant complete email without getting bumped off.

Companies Like CenturyLink