CenturyLink Customer Service

Contact CenturyLink Corporate

Toll free phone number: 1-866-904-1817

CenturyLink is a Fortune 500 Company in the worldwide telecommunications industry. Founded in 1968 CenturyLink was formerly called Central Telephone and Electronic, Inc. With 47,000 employees, this publicly owned (NYSE “CTL”) grossed more than US 18 billion in revenue and US 773 million in net income in 2012. The CEO is Glen F. Post, III if you want his email address. Their subsidiaries are Century Tel, Embarq, Qwest and Savvis.

If you need customer service their website has bilingual (English/Spanish) service with a live chat that you can reached at 1-866-904-1817. You can also mail their corporate office directly at 100 CenturyLink Drive, Monroe, LA 71230. The best option to file a complaint would be using our online form. Although most users are still reporting problems with their service on a regular basis. If you are having tech support issues they have an entire page dedicated to that as well. Their website has a tab for quick bill paying and “How to Use, Troubleshooting or Fix Services”.

The company frequently hosts topics such as Corporate, Bright Ideas and Security on their Blog with recent articles about ‘retailers this season’ and ‘the next generation of cyber security’. CenturyLink has a presence in social media through Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Google+. Their corporate account on Twitter is most responsive @CenturyLink or send an urgent request to them using the Twitter handle .

Upset with CenturyLink?

File a complaint here!

Reach CenturyLink Headquarters

Send your feedback directly to the management team
  • CenturyLink corporate office

• 100 Centurylink Drive
    • Monroe
    • LA 71201

1-866-904-1817

B+

9am-5pm CST

Top CenturyLink Complaints

We pay for 1.5 MGPS and get about 1.2, which they say is their guaranteed minimum speed, except that it may say 1.2 MGPS but doesn't always work. It could say 1.2 and we still may not be able to open a browser. They tell us all the time there are no issues with the line, but then customer service will tell us we got dumped from the server. They send someone out to appease us but it never really gets taken seriously. We complain on particularly bad days every few months or so and nothing changes. Bottom line, their internet is absolute garbage. We pay for a service that only works properly sometimes. Want to piss your customers off? Provide them with a crappy service that occasionally works and don't do jack squat about it. Seriously, screw you Centurylink.

Comment (0)

I called CenturyLink customer service to sign up for auto pay which took about 10-15 minutes and went well. The service person was very nice. I thought I would get a $5.00 discount on my bill for doing this. I was told I needed to be on paperless e-billing for that. The service person said they could not get me signed up and needed to transfer me to someone else. That person said it could not be done on the phone but needed to be done online. I tried the online system which I had never used before so did not have a username, password, etc. I tried to create one and was not able to do this. It wanted some security code which had been given to me when I opened my account (3 years before). I sure did not have that code anymore.

So to shorten this saga, I will simply say it was very frustrating and time consuming. At this point, I had been trying to make this happen for about 60 -minutes. I called the support number, explained my frustration. The service person told me my username, took my email address and send he -would send a link for me to reset my password. I called again to that support number, got of course a DIFFERENT person, a female who wanted to take me back to square one, check my account to see if I was eligible for e-billing.

This had already been done several times. I had now been working on this for 75 minutes. I tried to get the woman to stop and listen to me explain I had called in and spoke to 4 other people already, and all this had already been done. She told me to stop yelling at her. I was just trying to get her to stop talking and listen to me. I just hung up. My account was 970-641-1286 571B, I dropped that line so supposedly my new account number is the second line, the one left. I still don't have e-billing and am not comfortable calling CenturyLink customer service anymore.

Comment (0)

Very poor telephone and Internet service. CenturyLink has seen repeated complaints especially internet service no better than dialup.can't get a straight answer when service will improve. All tv programing just down the street 4 houses away but can't be gotten at our house. No one cares at least that's the attitude can't get engineering dept to indicate when our poor service will improve. They can't be reached.it seems the 2 stars you received for customer service was over.

Comment (0)

I am extremely upset regarding the poor service I have received from CenturyLink. I have tried to register an official complaint multiple times using your customer service line, and no one seems to be able to do this! 1) Long distance service ordered on July 18, 2016 was never connected. 2) A representative from CenturyLink told me that the long distance service would be connected on August 10, 2016. This was not done. 3) I have talked to 7 different CenturyLink representatives today and only one was able to help me.

Comment (0)

I pay for high speed. I'm not getting it. Calls to tech support get dropped, no repairs ever completed, and then I am punished by websites suddenly not loading, can't do email, can't chat with anyone. Nothing works for at least an hour after calling.

Comment (0)

I had Century Link for internet only after my first billing was paid then I got another billing for a second installation of $73.02. Hoping it would be credited it wasn't so I cancelled. The customer service person said I would have to pay a canceled fee because I had a contract I told her I did not. Since then I wrote a letter stating I gave no okay for a contract verbal or written please credit. they did not. There is no contract if both parties don't agree just your BOGUS charges. I am also lodging complaints to Attorney General, BBB, Elder Affairs, FCC, and anyone else that can help me get this credit.

Comment (0)

We try again and again to record programs. And when we try to go back and watch them, We keep getting kicked out or error saying program is not available. this has been going on for two years now. They keep giving us discounts but its only 5 to 10 dollars. and we are paying $145.00 A month. So when I called and wanted to reduce our programing package to prism preferred from prism premium they told me that I would end up paying close too what I have been. Because now they want to charge for the extra equipment that I have for all the rooms that I have. Does not make sense to me. I'm giving up all the HBO, Cinemax, showtime, stars, and all the other movie channels.

Comment (0)

I would actually give their customer service zero. I've been trying for 2 months to get their screw ups cleared up. Multiple calls & chat sessions with nothing but wasted time & speaking to one person, then another, then another getting no where. They suspended our account after what they said was high usage. They lied about the number of times they said they tried contacting us regarding this matter & when trying to rectify the situation, opened multiple accounts in our name which, they then cancelled on their own. I purchased a modem from them & then returned it after not being able to get service activated for 3 week.

I closed out account thinking this was the end of it but, I am still fighting for my modem refund from them & also wondering why I am still being charged monthly for internet service even though it was never reactivated until I found out yesterday, they re-activated it behind my back without authorization claiming account closure never went through. Who's fault is that? Not mine! I've already sent complaints to BBB, AZ Attorney General's , FCC & FTC. Looking to contact a nationally known consumer advocate & see if he can help i.e., Clark Howard. Tried contacting local VP in Tucson and all he did was pass the buck just like everyone else in their company.

Comment (0)

I only had internet with CenturyLink the ad stated no contract! I switched to Cox, and CL said I was in a 12 month contract, and that I had to pay a early termination fee of $200. I never agreed to a 12 month term, and the reason I switched is I was tired of spending 2 to 4 hours on the phone each month trying to find out why my bill went up again. I feel I'm being strong armed by this company.I studied contract law,and I know when a contract between two parties is being written that both parties should be informed.I never knew of a 12 month term, and I feel I am being ripped off. The rep I was speaking to even told me (I better pay,or they would ruin my credit).

Comment (0)

As a new customer, I have never been treated so rudely by 2 of your female representatives. Much misrepresentation, many promises unfulfilled, wrong address, multiple shipments of equipment, serious lack of concern as well as lack of company communication. I have made countless calls without success and have received gotten a different story each time.

Comment (1)

I had called CenturyLink in regards to call blocking. The first person was very helpful, she passed me onto a different department talked to a Michael and I started to explain how to add another call block then, Michael said thank you for choosing CenturyLink and then hung up on me, Michael's Customer service on was very poor.

Comment (0)

You are nickel and diving me to death on your bills. I checked the bill for June 2015 and compared it to this June's (2016) and it has gone up way too much: promo disc, down $,44, internet and voice mail up $.44, monthly charges up a whopping $4.70, taxes etc up $.13. Your internet service has been inconsistent and I have called MANY times about the service and the bill. It still is not worth the money you charge for it. If I could have, I would have changed carriers a long time ago. I have not recommended and will not recommend Century Link to any potential customer.

Comment (0)

Sales rep stated cost of first month and subsequent months for the first 12 month promotional commitment. The first and second month bill was approximately $100.00 over what i was offered. After speaking with the fourth billing rep, I was told the sales rep didn't have the correct information. The billing person said I was charged the non promotion cost for television service for the first month. I told her I was only given the promotion cost by the sails rep. I would cancel services but it's after 30 days and the billing person said it would cost $440 to terminate the contract. Very deceptive practices!

Comment (1)

Extremely pathetic service for what I am paying. My service speed is dismal slow and difficult to work with. Often pages will not load and downloading takes forever. I have asked for online help with my speed through CL and my concern was merrily dismissed by telling me there is nothing wrong with my service and I am getting what my contract calls for. That being the bare minimum speed of 1.5 MBS and the lower limits by your figures 1.2 MBS. I do not operate under perfect conditions as CL required for the testing nor do most people. Every time I use a speed test and I've used four my speed is under 1.02. This is ridiculous and paying over $40 for this kind of speed is wonderful for you but certainly not for me. I am a retired Vietnam veteran who pays his bills and I do not think your customers should be treated this way. I hope this gets to someone at Century Link who does care and has a ting of conscious.

Comment (0)

Received a notice that my May 2016 bill was not processed against my credit card. (I have used the CenturyLink credit card direct payment program for years.) The notice advised me to contact them to reinstate the credit card direct payment plan. I called them today (6/14/16) at 1-800-244-1111, as instructed.

Shamike was efficient and professional sounding. Upon hearing my issue, she looked up my account and immediately noticed I have been a loyal customer since 1990 (26 years). I told her I thought I had updated card info a few weeks back and asked her to verify that the info on file was correct. She said it didn't appear that I had updated card info, but she could help me at this time to set me up. We proceeded thru the process of updating credit card info and pertinent contact info on the CenturyLink account, etc. Everything fine up to this point. Then she reviewed the account balance, which now included May and June bills, and asked about making a one-time payment to pay the balance until the credit card direct payment plan took effect. I learned there is a 2 month delay for the updated card info to take effect. I was ok with making a one-time payment with my credit card for the outstanding balance of about $80. But she then said there would be a $5 fee to make the payment.

I balked at the fee for the purpose of paying my bill! She then offered the option of setting up an authorization to have the amount withdrawn from my bank account for no fee. This is something I don't wish to set up and have my bank account info. out there for this one-time payment. I said they can charge my credit card for the amount due whenever CenturyLink gets it set up. She became more aggressive and reiterated the options for paying the balance NOW either by one-time credit card (with fee) or authorized bank withdrawal. I told her I could send a check instead if they don't want to wait until the credit card direct pay was set up. She then became almost insulting by demanding when precisely I will put the check in the mail--today or tomorrow? she would put a note to that effect on the account. I became very frustrated by now. I asked her if there's any way the $5 fee could be waived and we can get the $80 balance paid by credit card today. She said no, its not CenturyLink who charges the fee but the credit card company.

Adding to my frustration, she then revealed that it appears I had, in fact, updated card info in May. She now confirmed the updated info on file is the same card info I just gave her. But because it takes CenturyLink 2 months for updated info to take effect, it won't be until the July bill before it kicks in. I now realize that I had done everything right, the way I was suppose to; to notify them and update card info when necessary. I did that in May. But because CenturyLink takes 2 months for things to become effective, my May and now my June bills are not paid via auto pay. Thus the outstanding balance on my account. I told her it's not her fault, but after being told just earlier about how long of a CenturyLink customer we have been, and as a loyal customer, insisting on the $5 fee to pay the account balance, given the above scenario, did not seem fair to me, nor valuing me as a long-term customer. I asked if there was a supervisor who could make an exception. She said they do not make exceptions.

I told her I was very unhappy with this experience and these developments. Upon thinking about this, I could not just let it slide. I am filing this complaint so someone with authority knows this is a lousy way to treat a 26 year customer over a $5 fee, when I have done nothing wrong. I am perfectly willing to pay the balance now via credit card, even though the overdue balance was created by CenturyLink's own processes, not because of me. If you look at my account history, you will find I ALWAYS pay my bill in full on time every month for 26 years! And you want to reward me as a long term customer by insisting on a $5 fee to pay you via credit card because your system takes so long to update card info for auto pay?

Comment (0)

I couldn't get my ex husband off our account without his permission. I had to open a new account. I was told i would get the same price as before $19.99. I have to call every month because my bill is never the same nor near 20.00! Escalation department won't even help. I am so furious with this company as is a million others. I just want my bill to be what I told it would be AND the same amount EVERY month. The link to send an email if not happy with customer service does NOT even take you to an email link! The only other internet for my area is Xfinity which $70. I am about to go back to the stone ages and figure out how to live our lives without internet.

Comment (0)

Our phone (phone number run by CenturyLink) has not worked properly since October of 2015. The box that is down by the street got run over by something and the wires were out of the box laying in on the grass exposed to the Minnesota elements (rain, snow, ice). We called they sent out a service person who put the wires in an orange plastic bag. This helped for a bit but the phone again did not work it rings and than there is a busy signal. So we called back in December or 2015 they sent out service and the problem seemed to be resolved. In the spring they finally installed the green box to cover the wires.

Sometime in April of 2016 our phone again was not working rings than a busy signal. We did not discover this until May of 2016 the customer service person said this is probably a problem in your house and you will have to pay a fee $95 or something like that. Well they came out approximately May 30th and we thought the phone was fixed. Unfortunately the phone is not fixed it rings and than a busy signal. Your customer service is the worse I have ever dealt with I have been on hold for hours trying to get help from your Company so your rating is a zero in my book and you really need to improve your service.

Today June 13th I talk to the 1st person and have been put on hold for 20 minutes, explain the problem to the 2nd person in the loyalty department put on hold for 20 minutes, finally the 4th person I talked to actually seemed to care and wanted to help me, when transferred the 5th time this person she wanted me to speak to the customer loyalty department who I talked to after the first 20 minutes, I begged please let me talk to a supervisor. Finally transferred a 6th time after 1 hour and 15 minutes to Jim 115808 this person is sarcastic, not apologetic and by the way I only spend $39.95 a month for my phone service and internet. "But my phone service does not work properly and has not work properly since October of 2015"! Jim did give a small credit to our account like $10 and 2 days phone credit and the best thing he did was provide the phone repair number so we can call them direct to get the phone fixed!

CenturyLink I have been a loyal customer of yours for almost 30 years I cannot believe that you do not have a team that wants to help your customers. I may only currently spend $39.95 per month but over the last 30 years I have spent/paid my bills on time and have paid thousands of dollars for your services. Apparently your customers are an inconvenience instead of your Companies job security. I expect the our phone to work I have not idea how many phone calls we have missed due to no service. We should not have to keep calling your Company to repair the phone it should have been properly fixed back in October. I was able to contact the automated service repair team today and they are due to fix the phone problem again on June 14th here is hoping that it will be properly fixed this time.

Please honor your customers and make improvements to your customer service team to provide assistance and quality phone service.

Comment (0)

We have struggled with CenturyLink’s service for almost a year and have spent HOURS on the phone troubleshooting. We pay for 40Mbps but have NEVER got this speed the top speed we get is is 29.8Mbps on a good day. Most of the time we are running on around 20Mbps. I am done wasting my time and called to cancel and was told I was on a 2-year contract, which I didn’t agree to. They are trying to charge me $200 to cancel but will NOT provide proof of this contract that I supposedly agreed to. All they say is “well it’s on your bill”. Last time I check notification on a bill is NOT a legally binding contract.

Comment (0)

You were supposed to fix my billing complaints. You SAID you would have an explanation for the discrepancy between the TERMS of service and BILLING I signed up with and the BILLING your actually assessed. Is it asking too much for the Provider to adhere to the terms of their business solicitation from their own web page. They cited basic internet service for $X a month with direct pay. I signed up for direct pay, hooked up the modem and started receiving e-bills fr over three times what the agreement specified. Attempting to solve this issue yet fearing loss of connection.

I sent the fee they demanded(3X what my monthly bill which was agreed upon) and wrote a letter to the CEO in Louisiana. His associate got me hooked up for direct pay(she SAID) and now I am getting the same 3X bill again. OH! and after SHE said they had direct pay figgered out,they cashed my Check anyway! (Oh! They will just credit your account for advance payment, she said). All I want is proper accounting for each payment for service , and they payment to be MONTHLY as specified by their web page, and the payment assessment according to the direct pay specification we agreed upon. Simple business practices these guys are unable to follow.

Today I got this from CenturyLink at CenturyLinkEmail@em.centurylink.com. Your Bill is Now Available Online. We're providing you with information about your most current CenturyLink bill for your convenience. Account Number: 0825. Total Amount Due: $172.34. Payment Due Date: 06/13/2016. Go To My. Account. View Balance/Pay Bill. No action required for AutoPay Customers.

Comment (0)

Not receiving credit, being charged late fee for deducting cost of a movie not ordered, cashing a check they say they never received and charging me over $100 to pay bill for missing check and after 1 week of daily calls they now tell me I have to wait 5 more days for a refund/credit and unhappy with the sub service of direct t.v.for service I did not want. I only wanted telephone, internet and basic t.v. not bells and whistles they added without contacting me first. Terrible and would never refer to anyone. I work hard for my money and they should at least admit their errors and refund immediately.

Comment (0)

I keep getting post cards stating have I changed my e-mail address lately. I have had the same address for at least 2 yrs. I did check with customer service here in Port Charlotte and they had a number 12 after my nanaba which I did not add. So I had them take it off. Plus I keep getting on my computer Centurylink is not responding. This comes up almost all the time.

Comment (0)

I ordered their service with the promise from CenturyLink that when I moved to an area without their service (discussed location with CenturyLink customer service rep where they confirmed they did not provide service), the $200 cancellation fee would be waived. This clearly was them deceiving me because now they are telling me that is untrue and I will have to pay the fee. I will NEVER use this company again for anything.

Comment (0)

On July 22, 2015 a truck struck a low hanging Century Link line located at North 43rd & North Alki Streets in Tacoma, WA. The impact on the Century Link cable damaged the Tacoma Power utility pole it was hung on requiring replacement of the pole. Code requires lines across thorough fares be no lower that 15.5 feet above the travel surface. The measured height of the truck was three feet below that requirement, meaning the Century Link line was out of compliance. Damages from this event total $4,597.59 for replacement of the pole, which the Utility is seeking to recover from Century Link.

Comment (0)

My service started on Jan, 8th. I kept waiting to get a bill. The people who live in the same apt. building said they were slow in sending out bills. So I waited until March and started chating with customer service people. they all told me the same thing the bill was in the mail. I never got a bill. On Sat. 26th of March I chatted with a man and he told me I was set up to pay on line. Now that was news to me. He told me how to look at my bill on line. He was right I had 3 bills on line.

And they were wrong. I was being charged $44.95 a month. When I signed up I was told It was $39.95 a month plus they would give me a discount. Well that never happened. Today I was chatting with a person to get this taken care of and I was cut off because they can only spend 5 minutes with each customer. Then I called a live person I told them I was not going to pay the late fee charge because it was not my fault. She agreed to that but the rest I had to pay. I had no choice since this is the only service I can get at this apt. complex. this company is nothing like At&T. You knew what you were getting and for how long. I don't know if I am under contract are not. I guess I will find out someday when I try to cancel out. LS March 28 2016

Comment (0)

I called CenturyLink phone support to ask a question and they informed me that they have not received payment in 3 months. I had records of payment being made and asked why I was not notified of this and I had to call in to find out that they were having an issue with my acct. The rep (who I could not understand because they did not speak English) told me they do not contact customers regarding this. I am in customer service as well and I would NEVER have let an account go that long without some kind of contact-very poor customer service. After they found my payments and I had to do THEIR work by sending confirmation of payment history I am now getting a bill after I terminated my service with them.

Comment (0)

I just spent half an hour plus, trying to pay my internet bill that was due today. I've paid it online for more than a year now, but it's gotten increasingly harder to do. First, Century Link will no longer honor my American Express credit card. Then - I find today that a fee of $3.50 is being charged to honor any other credit card. The only other online option is to give Century Link direct access to my bank account. That's something I prefer NOT to do for ANY company. I then attempted to pay the bill via telephone, using the automated system.

As a side note, It informed me that having a real person process my payment was only possible during weekday business hours and that would also cost $3.50. In my google searches, I had previously seen that listed as a "convenience fee" when paying in person. Next - while entering the only credit card information that Century Link would graciously accept - I quietly said something to my wife, who happened to be in the room. The speech recognition system replied "Was that a no?" A "no" to what? There was no question asking for a yes or no reply. Not knowing how to answer at that point, I said nothing. It asked again "Was that a no?".

Without a response from me, it then explained to me that it would normally transfer me to an agent, but agents were only available during weekday business hours, and ended the call. So - I had to call again, start from scratch, navigate the automated menu again, and re-enter the account number and credit card number. This time, having been previously burned, I remembered to hit the "mute" button on my phone. I finally was able to get the bill paid - I think. I did receive a confirmation number, so I'm hoping for the best. Bottom line: It shouldn't be - and hasn't been until now - this hard to pay my bill. Century Link has stopped honoring my American Express card entirely and wants to charge fees for online processing of other cards or to have an employee assist with payment. As a customer, I shouldn't have to jump through hoops and beg Century Link to "accept" my money. I may very well find another ISP - even if it's more expensive - and drop Century Link. The good news there will be, they'll no longer be burdened with the processing of my payment.

Comment (0)

I have been with Century Link for year's, I have transferred their service at least twice abiding to their contract terms. For the last 2 months all of sudden if my bill goes past due for more than 10 (ten) days they have shut my service off and I have had to contact customer service to have my service reinstated with a late charge and a re-connection fee. This last go round when I talked to a customer service rep who are typically rude, I finally asked how to cancel my service and was told quite frankly that "You are under contract and if you break that contract that there will be a penalty charge" at which time I was told "Pay your bill and get your service turned back on".

Today is 3/11/16 (I paid my bill on my pay day like every month) and my "Past Due Bill" of $96.?? is due on 3/12/16? Long Story short, apparently when you have a "contract" you are no longer eligible for decent customer service, you have to take what ever they say and pretend that the snotty little girl you are talking to has not looked at your history and would realize that I'm one of the reasons that she has a job.

Comment (0)

The customer service was so horrible when I first reached out to receive Internet service that I cancelled the service. The technician showed up anyway. I work from home using CenturyLink as my Internet connection but the signal was not strong enough for what I was trying to do. My father had CenturyLink in his study and I was using it for my room as well. I wanted to get my own line...hoping that would help and the technician said that I should switch to Time Warner Cable because the signal out here with Century Link was not good and installing a link to my room would not help. He could not believe that I lived in this neighborhood and kept asking me if I was sure that this was really my home. (Which was intended as an insult because I am a person of color.)

I never let him inside my home and sent him on his way. Weeks later I received a bill for services and had to wait 45 minutes to get them to take it off of my bill. Now, 3 months later, they want to charge me 100 dollars for a modem. I never received a modem. I believe that they have a rogue technician...but I never received services nor a modem. Bad Internet service was the reason I ordered service, bad customer service was the reason I cancelled. And once again, I am still on hold another 1 hour just to take charges off of a bill for services that I did not receive and equipment that I never took possession of. This is a rip off.

Comment (0)

I talked to Tia (Supervisor at Centurylink who refused to give me her last name) on Thursday February 18 2016 about the fact that I was charged for a modem given to me for free during the subscription of this account due to frustration of an earlier account that was not setup on time as you will see in the chat below or attached between me and the person who helped me setup this new account.

As I was talking to Tia, she was bent on the fact that Centurylink does not give modems for free and refused to give me the opportunity to send her the chat notes I had with the person who got me set up as you will see in the notes. Rather she expressed excitement cancelling my subscription when I asked her to.

Just to note, she was very excited informing me of the extra charges I will have to pay as a result of the account cancellation but will not let me send her the chat I had with your agent. To the person that will be reading this email if not you, I plan on tracking down the email addresses of all Centurylink execs. and forward this complaint to them even if it means on twitter. If Tia thinks Centurylink's revenue only depends on corporate accounts then I will proof her that my subscription counts.

Comment (0)

5-day service outage beginning on or about 12/24/2015. I had to contact the CenturyLink CEO to get repaired. Ultimately repaired, but I asked for a credit for the lost service during the period. Was promised the credit would be done, and initially it was. However, on the subsequent bill, the credit was treated as an "underpayment" and charged as such. Contacted the rep who originally stated credit was applied at least three times at the email address she used to contact me. NO RESPONSE in the past 4 weeks. This is not the first time such annoying problems have occurred with my service and account. The year before, we were without service, both phone and internet, for about 5-6 months.

Dealing with CenturyLink is a near impossible challenge and has caused us intolerable problems and consternation. Internet speed was the slowest despite serviceman's insistence that a higher speed was available for our location. After months of constant emails and chat sessions, a rep found our location wasn't even on their system. He input a code which immediately identified our location and at the same time increased our internet speed which, while available, is still the slowest for our location (rural). Problems piled up over and over until they were somewhat resolved - after 6 months, which is unsatisfactory. Then this outage occurred last December, and we are still trying since to get the credit we deserve and was promised.

This may seem to be a small problem to CenturyLink, with a small amount of money involved, but the ongoing communications with CenturyLink is extremely below the average service that should accompany a business such as this - a monopoly that has its customers at its mercy. Instead of having to undertake a major effort to resolve such problems on an ongoing basis, intead, for once, I'd like to just simply get my $15.75 credit without so much ongoing drama in a more expeditious and effective and efficient manner instead of having to constantly resort to contacting CenturyLink Company executive officers at the highest levels.

Comment (0)

I signed up for a 3 year price lock for phone, internet and directv for $94.94 a month, plus tax. I have NEVER paid less than $120 and when I called I was told that Directv was the problem. When calling Directv, they told me that since I signed up through CenturyLink, it was their issue. Oh my God, what a scam.

Comment (0)

I have had CenturyLink as my internet provider for nearly 4 years and have never had uninterrupted service. It cuts in and out throughout each and every day. I have called numerous times and written numerous emails and, to this day, CenturyLink has been unable to provide service. I had CenturyLink for my home phone line, but had to go with another provider because it never worked. We could make outgoing calls, but could not receive calls.

My mother had CenturyLink internet and phone at her home across town for 10+ years and had the same problems. I have been using the internet in my home since dial-up in the 80s and never had a provider, until CenturyLink, who could not give me uninterrupted service. I'm not sure CenturyLink should be called and "internet provider" since they don't provide uninterrupted access to the internet. If Hillary Clinton had used CenturyLink as a provider, she would not be in trouble now as her "top secret" emails would never have been sent/received. Below are the two most recent email complaints I have sent. The problem still has not been fixed.

Why doesn’t CenturyLink get out of my town and let us get a real internet provider. For 1 week after my last complaint, my internet was fairly dependable. Of course shortly after that I was watching a movie at 1am and, of course, wasn’t able to finish it. The same thing happened the next night. I'm guessing that CenturyLink believes it is ok to take down a signal in the middle of the night because no one would be watching in the middle of the night. Wrong. I need my signal available 24/7. I must not be the only one complaining as I see the CenturyLink truck in the neighborhood. When that happens, the internet connection only gets worse.

After my last complaint, a tech called. I didn’t answer the phone because I don’t generally answer for #s I don’t recognize unless I’m expecting it. He left no message (I figured it was a sales call). He called again the next day, left a message and said he would call again, never did. Last night about 12:50pm, the signal kept going on/off so, of course, I wasn’t able to watch TV. It had been on/off all evening, but I completely lost the connection for some time. Today, it hasn’t been on more than a few seconds at a time. So, again, I can’t use it to connect with family or friends or conduct business. Heck, I can’t even send in a complaint to CenturyLink. Oh, and guess what.

There was a CenturyLink truck in the neighborhood yesterday, so today’s inconsistency isn’t entirely unexpected. Do something, please. There is no reason that you can’t provide quality service. I am paying for it and I am entitled to it. You promised to provide quality service, do it! CenturyLink sends me an advertisement every week asking me to upgrade. I am not ever going to pay more for service that you cannot provide. Fix it. Fix it now.

Comment (0)

We signed up for centurylink bundled service last July. At that time there was a $100.00 gift card offered for doing so. In October I received an email that the reward was on its way. Today is January 29,2016. Still have not received the $100.00 gift card. When can I expect it?

Comment (0)

I called on yesterday and the girl (did not get a name unlike me) was rude and after being rude she hung up on me. Today I chatted online and Terlean B was a great agent who followed what I needed. However Terlean was unable to resolve all of my issue so she gave me a number ot loyality dept who she said would be able to help. Called waited on hold for 10 min someone picks up the phone and says nothing, so I kept saying hello eventually he says may I help you. What happend to thanks for calling this is etc etc? His name was Darrius beyond rude young man. I told him I would prefer to speak to someone withou a attitue and back on hold I go for another 10 min. I have never been treated so bad as to when I call into Century lInk. This started day one I ask myself why am I stil here? I have several other options to provide me withmy needs at a lowere price are the same.

Comment (0)

As of sometime after 6 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, January 21, 2016, we have no service on our land line. To add insult to injury, we do not have cell service at our home (due to our location). My husband and I have family members with severe health issues. If something were to happen to them, they have no way to contact us and vice versa. I had to drive to a location in the middle of our small town to get enough of a cell signal just to report the problem with our "home phone service".

It was pouring rain, it was lightning, and extremely cold. CenturyLink is unreliable (and incompetent) at best. When I did talk to someone I was told that it would Monday, January 25, 2016, by 6 p.m. before a technician would be available to evaluate the problem. I was also told that there would be a service charge on top of the ungodly fee we already pay for said unreliable service. This is not the first time we have had problems with CenturyLink. Because we live in a small town (in the middle of nowhere) we are held hostage by those that provide our "phone service". From prior experience, the technical support (this term is used loosely) is (as stated before) is as unreliable (and incompetent) as the "service" they offer. I can assure you we will be looking for an alternative to put an end this situation.

Nothing else will be tolerated.

Comment (2)

I received a bill that I did not make! Then it went to CenturyLink collections. I have proof that I NEVER lived in Spokane Wa. I'M a victim of identity theft. I have a police report that states this. When I called the collection company they said I was lying and I have to pay this bill. I also tried calling century link and to report the mistake and I was a victim of identity theft, the customer service person didn't believe me either.

So this person is using my maiden name. I've been married for 10 years. My identity was stolen approx. 2001 and I lived with my mom at the time. My mom said that every person should be photo graphed when they sign up and their pic shows up with there account so someone can prove who they are. Also setup a security code word for extra security.

Comment (0)

I have a CenturyLink complaint – each day, I receive approximately 15 calls from the following number: 201-402-2298; they do not leave a message and when I answer the phone, it’s an automated recording thanking me for going to their website; I never hear the first part of the message, only the ending; Weekend calls also happen but it’s no 15 calls, more like 6 calls. On my phone, I do not accept solicitors so they need to press one to continue. I have made several attempts to call this number – choosing option 1 to have English; and then I get a repetitive message telling me that my call is being forwarded to a CenturyLink agent. This never happens. Could you please let me how I get them to stop calling me? It is quite annoying.

Comment (0)

When Century Link tried to bill my card doing an ACH withdrawl using my account and routing number, they submitted the charge to my bank using my email address instead of my name. My bank refused the charge citing the wrong name. It took me being passed around to three people when I called Century Link to get help. I was not going to pay the extra $25 fee because of their mistake. Today I tried to redeem my reward of a $100 visa card. I tried several times entering my "campaign code" as well as my Century Link account number. I kept being run around in circles with this and I am unable to redeem the reward. I feel like this is fake just to get people to sign for service through Century Link.

Comment (0)

Called CenturyLink billing department to complain and then to cancel service because bill keep going up. Their retention dept said I wasn't getting all the discounts I should be and my bill would be lowered to $135 a month well just received my bill and it went up to $277. This company trains it's people to lie to customers stay away from them at all costs. Horrible practices by the corporate office.

Comment (0)

I canceled my order for CenturyLink's product but they hijacked my phone any way. Then I had to pay to get my line back to Comcast. Then CenturyLink billing department sent me a bill and I told you that I did not want the service so they sent me a bill for it. Then they put a hit on my credit which I disputed but no one has called me from customer service or the CenturyLink corporate offices. I'm about to engage a lawyer to sue for damages.

Comment (0)

Like a lot of people here, my experience has been awful. Actually, the customer service people have been ok, it's the techs that don't show up. Seriously, I make an appointment for a tech to come out, take a day off from work, and they don't show up. Nothing. Four days later, they decide to show up. Problem is, they still can't fix their crap internet. Never thought I would miss Charter, but at least it worked. Centurylink customer service department is just awful. Sadly, I've heard satellite is even worse.

Comment (0)

I called CenturyLink customer service line and was left on hold for 35 min. This service is the worst I have ever had with any of our service over all. I called because our bill arrived and it AGAIN was up in our cost. I have basic service internet and phone with CenturyLink what a joke it is now 196.61. The month before I call because it was also up in cost to 181.19. I was told my discounts were gone and they would give me a large$10.00 . sept. my bill was $170.55 . I have had my problems with internet nothing was done, TV was out for a night again nothing. I have recommended, many of people to CenturyLink and they to have issues. I will discontinue all three of our services if No Response is addressed.

I am sure you would agree that 35 minutes is inexcusable. After all that time being on hold I hung up and was in raged of the lack of response to my call. It my be the company needs to hire more people of competent people and supervisors. If you check our phone you will see exactly what is happening. Also we pay our the day it comes into our home. This experience has me rethinking the service and curability of CenturyLink corporate offices and the whole company. We have all three of your services! I look forward to hearing from you regarding this matter. As a footnote I have many other with the same experience. If you need names I'll be happy to have them contact you also.

Comment (3)

A salesman representing Century Link and direct TV said I could get both items for less than Comcast and I would have a 3 day cooling off period by mailing a letter enclosed with my paper work declining the offer. I declined the offer on the weekend and Century Link had already hijacked my phone from Comcast. The century link phone would have been great for a hermit cause no buddy could call in on my phone. I even enlisted a Consumer Complaint Investigator from the State of Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission. I received Her letter back today saying your cancellation request was received after the order for service was completed July 31,2015. The date of post mark ended service before July 31,2015. This multibillion dollar Corporation took advantage of me and refused to pay me back. The phone didn't even work! No calls could be made to it! There salesmen enticed me with the promise of a 100 dollar Visa rebate card when I signed up. I have no idea what happened to that. I do no this is a multibillion dollar company getting rich off ripping off Senior citizens!

Comment (0)

I suppose to get a $100 prepaid visa card they told me it takes 4 to 8 weeks to get it which I know that is a lie and bull and they are commenting fraud and a scam so I don't trust this company. I want to see my prepaid card in my mailbox first before I pay them one cent.

Comment (0)

I got my CenturyLink cable service via internet. I did not see the contract (with the year and a half requirement to stay with them or pay $20/month if leave. I have telephone service and internet via CenturyLink and kept hearing how much I would save if I added the TV dish service. Someone quoted me $10.00 savings but when I actually did add the Dish (Direct TV) it was only a $5.00 savings. I got the Choice channel package, which was the only thing I was offered. A few months later, I realized that the Select was cheaper and changed to that. The person who did the change did not tell me that (for some reason) going to a cheaper package would result in a higher bill as opposed to lower. I have many more channels than I need and this service is way too expensive.

Comment (0)

A few weeks ago I called centurylink because I was only getting download speeds of about 650Kbs. I pay for 1.5 Mbs. They told me that there was nothing they could do and that it was normal. No... that's thievery. Recently my download speed has gone down more. Even more now. I'm only getting about 150 Kbs now. I will be dropping centurylink the first chance i get.

Comment (0)

Hello. I called to have questions answered before I signed up for anything. The man I talked to was unable to answer questions to my satisfaction and at the end of the call, I received the impression he was no longer interested in signing me up. That turned out to be wrong when I opened my door and found the tech standing there. I told him I was not interested. He understood and left. Now I`ve received a bill from Century Link, even though I don`t have the service. The bill says I have an account number. What happened?

Comment (0)

So I signed up with CenturyLink just to try it out... quickly switched to comcast as they had better speeds in my area. I go to cancel CenturyLink, and they tell me it will be a 200$ fee since I am on a contract. Here's the thing. I EXPLICITLY said I did not want a contract when I signed up. I said it multiple times, and got verbal confirmation multiple times that I would be billed month to month. But apparently, because it said somewhere in the bill that I was on a yearly contract, I was passively agreeing to that contract. Is this legal? How can they tell you one thing on the phone, put another thing in on the computer, and stick you with the burden of proof? No matter how good the deal sounds on the phone, don't believe it. They will stick you with whatever the hell they feel like.

Comment (3)

Was sold a bundle deal for DSL with DirecTV and promised combined price under $100 per month. They've been charging me $70 per month for DirecTV and $70 for DSL, separately. I called to get clarification and was transferred 7 times within CenturyLInk (disconnected once) only to be told that I should have noticed this before my 30 days were up. During this time DirecTV was also included in the transferring and I have to say that they were kind enough to only have 1 person need to assist me in getting their part of the plan priced correctly. She was on the call with me for the last 3 transfers. Their people were helpless, rude, or both and it was extremely off-putting.

Here's the details: CentruyLink promotes a bundle for less than $100 per month to have DirecTV and CenturyLink DSL. This is for the slow DSL, but "hey, that's ok because you can upgrade your speed for only $10 per month!" Well in my area they apparently do not even offer slow DSL. I'm in one of the largest suburbs of Minneapolis and in a very established neighborhood. Qwest (now CenturyLink) is not new to this area. After modem rental and faster internet I was under the impression I was to be paying $110 or maybe a bit more per month for internet and satellite. My bill came and I was charged $130. OK, installation and setup fees or whatever, what's $20? That same month I got another charge for $70. Hmm... must have been setup for DirecTV? OK, I'm sure it will work out. Fast forward 2 months and suddenly I'm aware that they are billing me $40 more than what I expected.

How did I not notice this, you might ask? Well when I set up my account I opted to have e-statements. You know, save trees and the planet and stuff. This is all fine except that when they took down my email address they left out a letter. So no statements or explanations in writing. Just surprise charges. The single most frustrating part of this all is after almost 2 hours on the phone with these people I am told that me not understanding the charges is simply my fault and there's nothing they can or will do, including some extremely disrespectful comments. I am planning on discontinuing service as soon as possible, even if this means an early termination fee, because doing business with a company like this is simply impossible.

Comment (0)

Worst company ever! I switched from Dish to Centurylink prism. We had a salesperson in our neighborhood that sold us on Centurylink. Big mistake! We were quoted $172/month for phone, internet and cable. We get the bill and they've raised it to $189/month. We were told, sorry, nothing can be done. We were told that our first bill would be "a little more than normal" as we would be billed for a pro-rated month and a full month. They sent us 2 smaller invoices and then we got hit with a bill for $572! Once again, we were told nothing can be done. We were informed this is normal for their billing. What a crock! Such a crooked company. I encourage everyone who has had problems with Centurylink to file a complaint with the BBB. Let's shut these crooks down!.

Browse reviews of other Cable TV

Have feedback for CenturyLink?