CenturyLink Customer Service

Contact CenturyLink Corporate

Toll free phone number: 1-866-904-1817

CenturyLink is a Fortune 500 Company in the worldwide telecommunications industry. Founded in 1968 CenturyLink was formerly called Central Telephone and Electronic, Inc. With 47,000 employees, this publicly owned (NYSE “CTL”) grossed more than US 18 billion in revenue and US 773 million in net income in 2012. The CEO is Glen F. Post, III if you want his email address. Their subsidiaries are Century Tel, Embarq, Qwest and Savvis.

If you need customer service their website has bilingual (English/Spanish) service with a live chat that you can reached at 1-866-904-1817. You can also mail their corporate office directly at 100 CenturyLink Drive, Monroe, LA 71230.

The best option to file a complaint would be using our online form. Although most users are still reporting problems with their service or even class action lawsuits on a regular basis. If you are having tech support issues they have an entire page dedicated to that as well. Their website has a tab for quick bill paying and “How to Use, Troubleshooting or Fix Services”.

The company frequently hosts topics such as Corporate, Bright Ideas and Security on their Blog with recent articles about ‘retailers this season’ and ‘the next generation of cyber security’. CenturyLink has a presence in social media through Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Google+. Their corporate account on Twitter is most responsive @CenturyLink or send an urgent request to them using the Twitter handle .

Upset with CenturyLink?

File a complaint here!

Reach CenturyLink Headquarters

Send your feedback directly to the management team

• CenturyLink corporate office

• 100 Centurylink Drive
    • Monroe
    • LA 71201

1-866-904-1817

B+

9am-5pm CST

Top CenturyLink Complaints

The agent assured me that Century link does not creep your bill up a dollar or two at a time. He assured me that my bill for internet and phone would be around 80 to 85 dollars tops (and this included all taxes and surcharges). My first bill was 101 my second 103 my third 106 and this month 107. I tried calling customer service and when I finally got ahold of a customer service agent he stated that he sees my bill is creeping up but that looks normal and when I asked him why it was going up every month he said I don't know they just do that.

He then stated he was transferring me to someone who could answer the question and I sat on hold for more that half an hour and no one picked up. What a joke! When was it okay to rip off the consumer? When did it become acceptable to have terrible customer service and still be in business? I need someone to call me back so I can cancel this unprofessional service. I would rather pay more to an honest company than get swindled.

Comment (0)

My daughter called to set up CenturyLink Excel service and was routed to someone who sold her a CenturyLink bundle that we do not want and my daughter can't afford. After four separate calls, I was told they can't cancel service in first 24 hours! Makes no sense. They have no problem selling unneeded services to a naive person and then can't cancel the order? I was given different numbers to call by each person I talked to. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told the supervisor would tell me the same thing. They use a hard sell approach and then make it impossible to cancel.

Comment (0)

I have been sent to collection agency Central Credit Service LLC for an outstanding invoice. I knew this wasn't right since the sent me a check for $440.90 and I had returned their modem. Interestingly enough the girl behind the counter told me to hang on to the receipt and tracking number because they are notorious for billing you for not returning the modem. What she didn't say or know was that they also do not try to contact you before they send it to collection.

I've spent 4 hours being bounced around and "Taken care of. " But not one person apologized for my inconvenience. When I started to ask questions about things like, had they tried to contact me, or what their procedure was to send some one to collection I was informed we have taken you out of collections and there is nothing further I can do for you. I do have other calls to take the person said. I still have not been able to talk to the collection agency to see if indeed I was taken out our if there was a negative effect on my credit. They won't call me back. I would suggest Cable One or at the very least keep your receipts.

Comment (0)

Had 2 CenturyLink sales people knock on my door (end of June 2016) promoting prism tv, said i was with direct tv and i was happy, showed me i could save 60 dollars a month, i informed them that i would be moving in a couple of months (Sept. 15, 2016) they said it would be a free install here and there, said alright, if it's free and i'm saving money. Called Sept 6, 2016 to coordinate move, was told i couldn't take prism with me, the fiber optic lines haven't been laid on the street i was moving to previous address on 79th.

I moved around the corner on 80th. Upset because I broke my contract with direct t v to go to prism, but alright. Next thing please don't disconnect my services until Sept 15th (day of move) they shut everything off on Sept 14th at midnight, on the phone with customer service, loyalty, retention team from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm. Spoke to 14 different reps at the end of everything was told i would receive a $330.00 credit and not to be charged a fee to break my prism contract.

After all it wasn't my fault i couldn't take services with me, by the time i got off the phone with Brandi in the retention ream, she told me my final bill would be $50. I asked if i should pay it now, she said no, to wait till the final bill arrived, when that came it was $378., total thought they forgot to add credit. Next thing I know internet was cut off, I spent the next day again on the phone with century link, they told me they would not give that amount of credits to a customer, that there was no record of what i was talking about and hung up on my 3 times.

I finally got a hold of a rep who literally pieced together what happened to me when they lied to just get me off the phone, he said unfortunately his fellow co workers do this all the time and i should expect a call from Brandi's supervisor within 48 hours, of course no call, needless to say my stress level was at an all time high, I can't believe a company of their magnitude would treat their customers this way!! I then called after the 48 hour mark was up and these crazy people wanted to revisit the whole fiasco and try and keep me as a customer, are you kidding me?

All I wanted at this point was to send me out a box to send them back their equipment and to make sure they stopped billing me and hung up on 2 times wasted time 3 hours this time, called the next day finally discontinued services and to mail out return equipment box, then i was informed i would be charged a fee for breaking my contract. I told them it's ok for you folks to lie to me and break your word to me but you want to charge me?

I then informed them I will be disputing the charges and they were the worst company ever! Up until this incident I never had a problem with century link, but I always heard of other people talk about how they put them through the ringer, but this by far was the most upsetting worst display of customer service I've ever experienced!

Comment (0)

I called to have my internet service changed to a lower service due to slow speeds I was getting and paying for but not getting. But Christina said that this shouldn't be happening, so not to change she's send out a tech at no charge with a new modem and increase our speed and it would be lower cost. Well he came swapped out our modem, kept our old one which we paid for! Then comes the bill which included a service call and a fee for the modem. Really you took ours that we paid for ourselves, no credit on the bill. Called transferred numerous times till finally Stephanie helped me an hour and half later.

Reversed the charges and I asked for some type of credit for the entire call time. You will love this response well I got you the credit didn't I? Credit that wasn't suppose to be charged in the first place. Then comes this you were only with me for around 35 minutes and that doesn't deserve a credit. Then the real kicker they said that my credit card company declined 2 months of payments. So the first time I called to see what happened she states it was an internal error not my fault give her the card number and make a payment, well that didn't happen she notes account saying I will call back to pay.

What, then it happens again call and this time well it's your issue call your credit card company and see what happened. I ask if they had a declined message nope just says declined. Now I need to send to someone who actually cares there a copy of a letter from my credit card company stating that the error was CenturyLink's not mine.

Comment (0)

I called CenturyLink HQ and requested phone service explained that I had previously had service but the line ran no where. I had built a new home and needed service. They came out and turned on the service but did not route me a line into the house. I called and explained three more times . Finally some one came out he was very nice and said he understood and would help. I waited two more weeks and called and was told I had canceled the service. I had not cancelled it.

Finally service started the line was bad I called and they said if they come into your home it will cost you but their is no reason to have a phone that is not working half the time 5 days of the two weeks I had the phone it was not working. They man came out and found the trouble was u the road. He was Nice and helpful. The people that came and ran the line were very nick but the most of the people I speak with over the phone have not been two have been nice the rest have not they have been rude with a derogatory tone, confrontational attitude.

I asked for a basic service we mainly use or cell phones and I had yet to get the price we agreed upon when we ordered the phone. I don't know if I have made someone mad or what but the service that I have been receiving is poor.

Comment (0)

About one month ago I attempted to get internet service with Century Link. Upon processing my bill I was asked to pay a $50 deposit. I received an email advising me I cannot receive service in my area and a refund was processed for the $50 deposit. The next day I received the equipment, which confused me so I called Century Link only to be told the equipment had to be sent back and my refund was never processed fully. The representative advised me the refund would reach me in 2 weeks. It has been almost a month and no refund. Every time I call I'm transferred from one representative to another with no results. All I can say is that $50 must be alot money for all that trouble. Really bad customer service.

Comment (0)

This complaint is about CenturyLink and the scam they are running. On August 22, 2016 I call CenturyLink customer care to have my internet service moved to my new resident (2 blocks away, but same town). I spoke to a CSR named Angelica. I told her I just wanted to move my internet service. my price at that time was $29.95 plus $3.99 for internet recovery fee. Angelica told me she could give me a deal if i got DirectTV service thought centuryLink. I was on the phone with her for over 2 hours and I was told i could get centuryLink internet for $14.95 plus $3.99 internet recovery fee a month for the first 12 months then $24.95 for the last 12 months on a 2 year agreement, and DirectTV for $60.00 a month for the first 12 months on a 2 year agreement.

The DirectTV service deal would include service for 2 TVs, no monthly fee for HD DVR Genie and additional receiver in bedroom, and 3 months of HBO, Stars, and Showtime free. To guarantee the price i would have to put the acct on auto pay, which i did. I included the protection plan with DirectTV for an additional price of $7.99 a month. In total my monthly bill should have been $86.93, no additional fees or taxes. But they did the bait and switch on me. My bill was for $120.13.

So I called centuryLink and was on the phone with them for 1 hour and 59 minutes. i told them i was not getting what i was promised. First CSR i talked to said she would credit me the $11.46, but then said i would have to speak to DirectTV to correct their charges. (it's both companies on the same bill thru centuryLink). she transfer me to a CSR at DirectTV named Scott. I told him the story and we had to contact CenturyLink and do a three-way call to correct this. Scott stayed on the phone with me while i got passed on to 3 other people (Michelle, Jordan and the Supervisor Jose).

Michelle tried to fix it then put me on hold, then Jordan picked up and i had to start all over again. Jordan said he had to run another credit report on me cause it wasn't showing that the first CSR Angelica did it (she told me she did and had asked for my SSI number). Jordan asked for my SSI number at which time I had to tell Scott from DirectTV he had to leave the 3 way call and he did.

Jordan then tried to tell me there was nothing he could do about my bill and said "sometimes people here will just say things that aren't true and he can't do anything about that. I then asked for a Supervisor and was transferred to Jose. He said he would not give me the price I was promised in the beginning and said there was no one else i could talk to about it. (he was the end of the line), then said he was going to hang up on me because there was nothing he would do about it. I tried calling again but got passed around again and again. I was told if i cancelled the service I would be charged a $480.00 fee. This is crazy. How can a company like centuryLink do this and get away with it? I was lied to, they used the "bait and switch" on me and I call this fraud.

Comment (3)

My complaint is that your firm has used a bait and switch tactic to gain my business. My bundled package price has crept up over the last several months. Each month, I call your firm to discuss the increase with customer service personnel. I have obtained names as well as confirm numbers that the situation would be remedied to no avail. My bill is virtually doubled this month. The reason is that there was supposedly balances carried forward with late charges.

These balances had been agreed to credits with four different customer service team members that I spoke with since June of 2016. There should have been no balance carried forward and no late fees. When I speak to the next representative they tell me that it does not matter. I have spent hours on the phone only to no avail. My year commitment was May 2016 and since that time, I have had nothing but more charges and higher fees. This is clearly a game you play to innocent victims to skim extra money from them until they are forced to look for other service instead of keeping happy and loyal clients.

My bill this month(October) is up to $195.25 and I am at your mercy to pay it. I was told in the last conversation that the October bill would be under $100 to compensate for all overages in the past and now it is double. Trust is an important issue and the fact that even your retention department can not rectify a clearly dishonest practice is to quote Hillary "deplorable"! I look forward to some type of resolution rather than having to pay a bill double what was promised.

Comment (4)

I have been waiting for a $16 refund check and it is sitting in my closed account. I have called 7 times have been on hold and transferred around so many times and no end in sight. I get that $16 may not seem like much money to you but it is to me.

Comment (0)

Customer service was very rude, talked over me and refused to listen to my needs. Kept pushing sales and I was at work when I called and told this person I do not have time for this I need you to take care of my issues. He talked over me and did not listen and transferred me to another extension. Also there automated system does not work and when I called and stated I cannot pay my bill it won't take the information. The response is there doesn't show any problems. I say it's not working and I haven't been able to pay on this automated system the last couple of months and they don't do anything about it.

They keep repeating the same thing over and over. I have a friend that is experiencing the same issue and he hasn't been able to pay thru that system for the last 4 months. What's wrong with this company? Are there no supervisors. I sent the complaint thru the customer service email and they send sorry for the problems please call customer service. So round and round we go with no resolve.

Comment (0)

I have been getting these spamming phone calls that go on for weeks non-stop they just keep calling me and calling me everyday of the week. I have called CenturyLink before and they keep telling me there is nothing they can do. I have Call Rejection that does no good at all and I am fed up sick and tired of the bullcrap. I want these phone calls to stop right now?

Comment (0)

Every time there is any moisture in Casper, Wyoming, my landline quits working. At least six times since May, a technician comes out and every time, it has been indicated that the main line that fees the neighborhood is far beyond its life expectancy. The last time, I asked the technician why the main line is not being replaced, he indicated that CenturyLink would not replace the line. He said it would require an electrician and they just wouldn't replace it. What are my remedies. Also, please advise what governmental agency I can contact to file a complaint against CenturyLink. With winter coming up and more moisture than normal, I cannot continue to be without a phone until the line dries out

Comment (0)

I was visiting a store today and two of the CenturyLink employee representatives were there to represent and sell product. I visited the store (Walmart at 136th avenue in Westminster, Colorado) to purchase one item that we needed for a television installation. Your representative (for purposes of description, he was a black male with braids pulled back) tried to stop me & was incredibly disrespectful when I said said no to him and kept walking. He continued to say what he "was trying to give me".

When my fiancé and I walked around the corner, the rude employee mocked me. Then, he and the other representative started laughing. My fiancé went back over to him, stating that we could hear what they were saying about us. He said "I know" and continued his behavior. I have already spoken to customer service at Walmart, they do not want their customers being treated poorly in their store. This young man is an embarrassment and the way that I will remember CenturyLink.

Comment (0)

Got a disconnect notice for our CenturyLink phone number with account 45560629. We never received a single invoice for this account. We were assigned account #313027765 for phone billing and have paid every bill. This is considered double billing to us.

Comment (0)

This letter is long overdue but is written to express my sincere anger and disappointment with my experience with CenturyLink. I had been a faithful customer of Comcast and had been receiving my internet and cable tv through them but in March 2016 decided to explore my options secondary to cost. I called CenturyLink on or about March 7th to inquire about rates for both internet and TV service. I spoke with a representative named Robert at length about the services and rates offered through CenturyLink.

At that time I was still under contract through Comcast and informed him that unless I was saving a substantial amount on my bills it wouldn’t make sense to pay the $180 early termination fee to Comcast. Robert verified the following information to me. With a two year commitment and for a locked monthly rate of $62.62 I would receive Direct TV (the Xtra package) for two TVs within my home along with internet at the speed of 40b/second. In addition I would receive a $100 Visa gift card through Direct TV.

This all sounded too good to be true so I repeated this offer to him several times to make sure I heard this right. He continued to tell me that this was an accurate price for two years. Although I was still a little nervous about canceling my Comcast contract and signing on I couldn’t pass up the savings that I would accumulate over the two years. I also knew that the automated message I heard stated that the conversation would be recorded for quality and that if for some reason things didn’t go exactly as promised that I could fall back on that. I proceeded to sign up with Century Link, pay Comcast the early termination fee of $180 and enjoy my new services with significant savings. Well unfortunately things did not go as promised, not even close. Although my first bill was $61.82 I was surprised to see my next bill due at $107.21.

So I called CenturyLink on 5/6/16 and spoke with Anna. I explained my concern about my new bill and explained that I spoke extensively with Robert. She informed me that Robert no longer worked there and that he made a “mistake” when quoting me that price. Not only did she tell me my rate was going to be significantly higher than promised but that in the second year of the contract it would go up an additional $30/month. She informed me that she couldn’t help it if Robert told me the wrong information but that I was still obligated by the contract to keep paying the higher rate.

She went on to tell me that she had went to law school for over two years and knew that there wasn’t anything I could do about this. She also stated that if I wanted the $100 gift card that I would have to contact Direct TV myself and request this. I asked to speak to a manager and was transferred to Fred. I requested CenturyLink review my call to confirm the information I had given. He stated he would make a request to do so and that I would here from a representative within 10 days. I also asked him to request that they call me after 4:00 so that I could take their call. After getting off the phone with Fred I called Direct TV and inquired about the $100 gift card. They informed me that since Century Link offered this gift card that I would have to get it from them. Needless to say I have never received a gift card.

On 5/10 and 5/11 during my work hours I received messages from Kristin at CenturyLink asking me to return her calls regarding the recorded call. I called the number she left on 5/11 at 1:25 p.m. and spoke with Joan and asked to speak with Kristin. I was informed that she was unavailable but that Joan would pass on my information to Kristin and my request that she call back after 4:00. On 5/12 at 3:50 p.m. I called and was told that Kristin was gone for the day but that the receptionist would send an email to her to let her know that I called.

On 5/12 at 4:10 I received a call from Justin who said he reviewed my notes and he informed me that Kristin was gone for the weekend. He said after reviewing my information the best CenturyLink could do was offer me $20 off my bill if I sign up for automatic withdrawals and that he couldn’t do anything about my Direct TV bill. He said I needed to honor my contract. I stated that I didn’t know why I had to honor my word when CenturyLink is obviously not honoring theirs. I asked him to send to me in writing the offer he made regarding the $20 discount. He said it was against policy to send me a written quote. He also stated that he had not personally reviewed the recording but from the notes he had from Kristin this was all they could offer me.

On 5/16 at 3:00 p.m. I called again attempting to reach Kristin to ask her if she had reviewed my call. I was told by Justin that Kristin was unavailable. He said that he reviewed my notes and that I had agreed to a plan that was for over $75/month. I denied this and asked him if he had actually listened to the recorded call. He said he had not but that this was in the notes from Kristin. I said I wanted to speak with her and he told me that there was no need to speak with her, that this was the best offer Century Link could give me. He said that CenturyLink was unwilling to work with me anymore on this. After once again explaining to him everything Robert had told me he said to me that sometimes customers don’t always tell the truth.

Since this time I have given up. I have never been allowed to speak with the only person, Kristin, who apparently listened to my initial call. Every month when I receive my CenturyLink bill I become upset. I am currently paying about $40 more per month ($480/yr.) for the first year than I was promised. The second year it goes up to $70 more per month ($840/yr.) during the second year. That’s a total of $1,320 more than what I had initially agreed to on the phone with Robert ($62/mo.). In addition I paid $180 to get out of my Comcast contract and I never received the $100 gift card I was promised. So I am stuck having paid $180 to get out of my contract, $1320 more than promised over the two year contract plus I never received the $100 gift card promised.

You can see why I am so upset with my Century Link experience and at this point have no intention of ever using this service again after my contract expires. I would very much appreciate a review of my case as well a response to this letter. I would like to believe that the customer service personnel at CenturyLink are not told to lie to potential customers to get them to sign onto their service. I would like to believe that the recording of conversations is actually used to verify information discussed during the call. I would like to believe that CenturyLink is a quality company that stands behind their word. I am currently not convinced of any of the above.

Comment (0)

I am mailing CenturyLink regarding a very frustrating experience that that I am having with CenturyLink. I have tried unsuccessfully to resolve this issue via chat and multiple phone calls (17), so I hope that this letter will get some attention. On 8/18/16 I was approached at my home by a sales rep from CenturyLink selling new fiber optic options available in my neighborhood. I told him it sounded interesting, I particularly liked the dedicated line aspect on top of fiber, and told him that I was getting 70-80 megs currently thru my provider and would need to have that as a min baseline.

And asked what would the cost be. After many minutes on the phone with CenturyLink call center they came up with a plan- they could install a bonded pair that would get me a minimum of 60mb and likely in the 80-90mb range. I told them that I was paying 55/month for my current service and could they beat that? After many more minutes of conversation back and for between the rep and the call center they said I could get the bonded pair with min of 60 mb at 52.50/ month. I told them that if they could guarantee 60MB minimum and the bonded pair (2-30mb) at 52.50, I would give it a try.

Sales Agent name: Dawson- ID# cydhbwk
Call Center name: Joan- ID# 605090
Service Order# N49224059 dated 8/8/16

On 8/22/16 an installer came out to set me up with the new service- first question I asked was did I receive a bonded pair. His answer no, single pair, that’s what the work order indicated. I told him that I agreed to bonded pair with a minimum of 60mb and likelihood of 80-90. After repeated attempts and configuration he was able to pull 50mb. I asked him what I needed to do at that time to get what was agreed on- he said call products division and see when the bonded pair could be installed. The next day, 8/23/16, I spent over 2 hours on the phone trying to find someone that could help me. Many transfers, long wait, assurances that I would be transferred to the person that could help me then either put back into the queue or hung up on multiple times. I decided that I would give this another day.

On 8/24/16, I tried again, and after many more hang ups, re-queueing and 2 more hours I got someone who was able to tell me that they could get me the bonded pair with the 60mb min, but it would cost me 80/month. I stated that that was not acceptable and if they could not do it for the agreed price they needed to shut off the service and remove the equipment and I was not going to be charged for the wasted effort. The customer service agent agreed to this and said a prepaid label would be sent to me to return the equipment. On 8/30/16, I returned the equipment via UPS.

On 9/6/16, I received a bill for 83.11- not happy! 14.95 monthly charges for Internet- service was on for 24 hours. 13.98 related monthly charges ?- again service was on for a day. 53.54 service additions and changes? .64- taxes

On 9/12/16- I again called and explained the situation to the first CS person (in India), she said she would need to transfer me to a supervisor that could help me. I was placed back in the queue and after waiting another 5 min explained the situation again to a CS agent (in India), after the explanation she said that she would have to transfer me again, I pleaded to make sure that I would get to the correct party. Without response I was placed on hold again, after another 5 min I was connected with a CS person who was US based, I started explaining the issue and was hung up on or cut off.

There doesn’t seem to be any rational process to deal with customer service issues at CenturyLink company, it seems to be broken at every level. I just want my account credited for the service fees and be done with it, would appreciate your help with this matter.

Comment (0)

CenturyLink has rude employees working for them, you call in for help and all you get is attitude. If you hate your job then quit. Every time that I have scheduled a tech to come out for repair they don't show up and don't call to tell you they are not coming. Today 9/8/2016 I had a tech scheduled to come out they did not come nor call. I called and after waiting on hold for 30 minutes or more I was told that the work load was too much for them. But how is that my problem as you send the bill on time every time. I have been without internet for almost a week and all I was given was a few dollars for credit. I took off work twice but this time I want more credit and a tech to come out and repair this internet. When I first signed up for your service I was lied to about the speed. Why lie just tell the truth.

Comment (0)

Your installers were installing a line. They were on my property to install the line because no one was home. They were in my driveway all the way up to my side door. This was setting off my camera alarms. I was on my way out but I did let them know they were setting off my alarms inside. When I was leaving they were all the way up my drive way where my side door is. They needed to have the people home at the house of the line being installed.

Comment (0)

CenturyLink has the worst internet service ever. I have to call them all the time about how slow our internet is and they have no solution. They have you jump through hoops doing this every single time. Knowing that it will not fix the issue, we have to unplug our modem at least 3 to 4 times a month just to get the internet back up. We pay for 1.5 mbps and only get half that half the time. Looks like there would be a lawsuit against this company for over charging it's customers and not getting what you pay for. I wish we had another source for internet, because i would not as many others would not hesitate to change over. Oh and by the way i was told by there phone tech that works the area that we were on and would be upgraded to 10.0 mbps and that has been 5 years ago.

Comment (0)

This company is so dishonest. Crooked as they come. I signed up initially for a 29.99 plan. Bill came and it was $91. I called and talked to several people, Did not really care. I asked for an explanation of my billing and got the run around. I asked for a supervisor, once again made up flimsy explanations of why my bill was so high. I then spoke to a Brittany on Aug 16th, she broke down my bill and took 30.00 off. Oh great my $29.99 bill was down to $60. I should be so excited. My new bill has come and I'm still in the $60.00 range for a bunch of bogus charges, here we go again. I'm starting here and going to the BBB, AZ Attorney general and the FCC.

Comment (0)

We pay for 1.5 MGPS and get about 1.2, which they say is their guaranteed minimum speed, except that it may say 1.2 MGPS but doesn't always work. It could say 1.2 and we still may not be able to open a browser. They tell us all the time there are no issues with the line, but then customer service will tell us we got dumped from the server. They send someone out to appease us but it never really gets taken seriously. We complain on particularly bad days every few months or so and nothing changes. Bottom line, their internet is absolute garbage. We pay for a service that only works properly sometimes. Want to piss your customers off? Provide them with a crappy service that occasionally works and don't do jack squat about it. Seriously, screw you Centurylink.

Comment (0)

I called CenturyLink customer service to sign up for auto pay which took about 10-15 minutes and went well. The service person was very nice. I thought I would get a $5.00 discount on my bill for doing this. I was told I needed to be on paperless e-billing for that. The service person said they could not get me signed up and needed to transfer me to someone else. That person said it could not be done on the phone but needed to be done online. I tried the online system which I had never used before so did not have a username, password, etc. I tried to create one and was not able to do this. It wanted some security code which had been given to me when I opened my account (3 years before). I sure did not have that code anymore.

So to shorten this saga, I will simply say it was very frustrating and time consuming. At this point, I had been trying to make this happen for about 60 -minutes. I called the support number, explained my frustration. The service person told me my username, took my email address and send he -would send a link for me to reset my password. I called again to that support number, got of course a DIFFERENT person, a female who wanted to take me back to square one, check my account to see if I was eligible for e-billing.

This had already been done several times. I had now been working on this for 75 minutes. I tried to get the woman to stop and listen to me explain I had called in and spoke to 4 other people already, and all this had already been done. She told me to stop yelling at her. I was just trying to get her to stop talking and listen to me. I just hung up. My account was 970-641-1286 571B, I dropped that line so supposedly my new account number is the second line, the one left. I still don't have e-billing and am not comfortable calling CenturyLink customer service anymore.

Comment (0)

Very poor telephone and Internet service. CenturyLink has seen repeated complaints especially internet service no better than dialup.can't get a straight answer when service will improve. All tv programing just down the street 4 houses away but can't be gotten at our house. No one cares at least that's the attitude can't get engineering dept to indicate when our poor service will improve. They can't be reached.it seems the 2 stars you received for customer service was over.

Comment (0)

I am extremely upset regarding the poor service I have received from CenturyLink. I have tried to register an official complaint multiple times using your customer service line, and no one seems to be able to do this! 1) Long distance service ordered on July 18, 2016 was never connected. 2) A representative from CenturyLink told me that the long distance service would be connected on August 10, 2016. This was not done. 3) I have talked to 7 different CenturyLink representatives today and only one was able to help me.

Comment (0)

I pay for high speed. I'm not getting it. Calls to tech support get dropped, no repairs ever completed, and then I am punished by websites suddenly not loading, can't do email, can't chat with anyone. Nothing works for at least an hour after calling.

Comment (0)

I had Century Link for internet only after my first billing was paid then I got another billing for a second installation of $73.02. Hoping it would be credited it wasn't so I cancelled. The customer service person said I would have to pay a canceled fee because I had a contract I told her I did not. Since then I wrote a letter stating I gave no okay for a contract verbal or written please credit. they did not. There is no contract if both parties don't agree just your BOGUS charges. I am also lodging complaints to Attorney General, BBB, Elder Affairs, FCC, and anyone else that can help me get this credit.

Comment (0)

We try again and again to record programs. And when we try to go back and watch them, We keep getting kicked out or error saying program is not available. this has been going on for two years now. They keep giving us discounts but its only 5 to 10 dollars. and we are paying $145.00 A month. So when I called and wanted to reduce our programing package to prism preferred from prism premium they told me that I would end up paying close too what I have been. Because now they want to charge for the extra equipment that I have for all the rooms that I have. Does not make sense to me. I'm giving up all the HBO, Cinemax, showtime, stars, and all the other movie channels.

Comment (0)

I would actually give their customer service zero. I've been trying for 2 months to get their screw ups cleared up. Multiple calls & chat sessions with nothing but wasted time & speaking to one person, then another, then another getting no where. They suspended our account after what they said was high usage. They lied about the number of times they said they tried contacting us regarding this matter & when trying to rectify the situation, opened multiple accounts in our name which, they then cancelled on their own. I purchased a modem from them & then returned it after not being able to get service activated for 3 week.

I closed out account thinking this was the end of it but, I am still fighting for my modem refund from them & also wondering why I am still being charged monthly for internet service even though it was never reactivated until I found out yesterday, they re-activated it behind my back without authorization claiming account closure never went through. Who's fault is that? Not mine! I've already sent complaints to BBB, AZ Attorney General's , FCC & FTC. Looking to contact a nationally known consumer advocate & see if he can help i.e., Clark Howard. Tried contacting local VP in Tucson and all he did was pass the buck just like everyone else in their company.

Comment (0)

I only had internet with CenturyLink the ad stated no contract! I switched to Cox, and CL said I was in a 12 month contract, and that I had to pay a early termination fee of $200. I never agreed to a 12 month term, and the reason I switched is I was tired of spending 2 to 4 hours on the phone each month trying to find out why my bill went up again. I feel I'm being strong armed by this company.I studied contract law,and I know when a contract between two parties is being written that both parties should be informed.I never knew of a 12 month term, and I feel I am being ripped off. The rep I was speaking to even told me (I better pay,or they would ruin my credit).

Comment (0)

As a new customer, I have never been treated so rudely by 2 of your female representatives. Much misrepresentation, many promises unfulfilled, wrong address, multiple shipments of equipment, serious lack of concern as well as lack of company communication. I have made countless calls without success and have received gotten a different story each time.

Comment (1)

I had called CenturyLink in regards to call blocking. The first person was very helpful, she passed me onto a different department talked to a Michael and I started to explain how to add another call block then, Michael said thank you for choosing CenturyLink and then hung up on me, Michael's Customer service on was very poor.

Comment (0)

You are nickel and diving me to death on your bills. I checked the bill for June 2015 and compared it to this June's (2016) and it has gone up way too much: promo disc, down $,44, internet and voice mail up $.44, monthly charges up a whopping $4.70, taxes etc up $.13. Your internet service has been inconsistent and I have called MANY times about the service and the bill. It still is not worth the money you charge for it. If I could have, I would have changed carriers a long time ago. I have not recommended and will not recommend Century Link to any potential customer.

Comment (0)

Sales rep stated cost of first month and subsequent months for the first 12 month promotional commitment. The first and second month bill was approximately $100.00 over what i was offered. After speaking with the fourth billing rep, I was told the sales rep didn't have the correct information. The billing person said I was charged the non promotion cost for television service for the first month. I told her I was only given the promotion cost by the sails rep. I would cancel services but it's after 30 days and the billing person said it would cost $440 to terminate the contract. Very deceptive practices!

Comment (1)

Extremely pathetic service for what I am paying. My service speed is dismal slow and difficult to work with. Often pages will not load and downloading takes forever. I have asked for online help with my speed through CL and my concern was merrily dismissed by telling me there is nothing wrong with my service and I am getting what my contract calls for. That being the bare minimum speed of 1.5 MBS and the lower limits by your figures 1.2 MBS. I do not operate under perfect conditions as CL required for the testing nor do most people. Every time I use a speed test and I've used four my speed is under 1.02. This is ridiculous and paying over $40 for this kind of speed is wonderful for you but certainly not for me. I am a retired Vietnam veteran who pays his bills and I do not think your customers should be treated this way. I hope this gets to someone at Century Link who does care and has a ting of conscious.

Comment (0)

Received a notice that my May 2016 bill was not processed against my credit card. (I have used the CenturyLink credit card direct payment program for years.) The notice advised me to contact them to reinstate the credit card direct payment plan. I called them today (6/14/16) at 1-800-244-1111, as instructed.

Shamike was efficient and professional sounding. Upon hearing my issue, she looked up my account and immediately noticed I have been a loyal customer since 1990 (26 years). I told her I thought I had updated card info a few weeks back and asked her to verify that the info on file was correct. She said it didn't appear that I had updated card info, but she could help me at this time to set me up. We proceeded thru the process of updating credit card info and pertinent contact info on the CenturyLink account, etc. Everything fine up to this point. Then she reviewed the account balance, which now included May and June bills, and asked about making a one-time payment to pay the balance until the credit card direct payment plan took effect. I learned there is a 2 month delay for the updated card info to take effect. I was ok with making a one-time payment with my credit card for the outstanding balance of about $80. But she then said there would be a $5 fee to make the payment.

I balked at the fee for the purpose of paying my bill! She then offered the option of setting up an authorization to have the amount withdrawn from my bank account for no fee. This is something I don't wish to set up and have my bank account info. out there for this one-time payment. I said they can charge my credit card for the amount due whenever CenturyLink gets it set up. She became more aggressive and reiterated the options for paying the balance NOW either by one-time credit card (with fee) or authorized bank withdrawal. I told her I could send a check instead if they don't want to wait until the credit card direct pay was set up. She then became almost insulting by demanding when precisely I will put the check in the mail--today or tomorrow? she would put a note to that effect on the account. I became very frustrated by now. I asked her if there's any way the $5 fee could be waived and we can get the $80 balance paid by credit card today. She said no, its not CenturyLink who charges the fee but the credit card company.

Adding to my frustration, she then revealed that it appears I had, in fact, updated card info in May. She now confirmed the updated info on file is the same card info I just gave her. But because it takes CenturyLink 2 months for updated info to take effect, it won't be until the July bill before it kicks in. I now realize that I had done everything right, the way I was suppose to; to notify them and update card info when necessary. I did that in May. But because CenturyLink takes 2 months for things to become effective, my May and now my June bills are not paid via auto pay. Thus the outstanding balance on my account. I told her it's not her fault, but after being told just earlier about how long of a CenturyLink customer we have been, and as a loyal customer, insisting on the $5 fee to pay the account balance, given the above scenario, did not seem fair to me, nor valuing me as a long-term customer. I asked if there was a supervisor who could make an exception. She said they do not make exceptions.

I told her I was very unhappy with this experience and these developments. Upon thinking about this, I could not just let it slide. I am filing this complaint so someone with authority knows this is a lousy way to treat a 26 year customer over a $5 fee, when I have done nothing wrong. I am perfectly willing to pay the balance now via credit card, even though the overdue balance was created by CenturyLink's own processes, not because of me. If you look at my account history, you will find I ALWAYS pay my bill in full on time every month for 26 years! And you want to reward me as a long term customer by insisting on a $5 fee to pay you via credit card because your system takes so long to update card info for auto pay?

Comment (0)

I couldn't get my ex husband off our account without his permission. I had to open a new account. I was told i would get the same price as before $19.99. I have to call every month because my bill is never the same nor near 20.00! Escalation department won't even help. I am so furious with this company as is a million others. I just want my bill to be what I told it would be AND the same amount EVERY month. The link to send an email if not happy with customer service does NOT even take you to an email link! The only other internet for my area is Xfinity which $70. I am about to go back to the stone ages and figure out how to live our lives without internet.

Comment (0)

Our phone (phone number run by CenturyLink) has not worked properly since October of 2015. The box that is down by the street got run over by something and the wires were out of the box laying in on the grass exposed to the Minnesota elements (rain, snow, ice). We called they sent out a service person who put the wires in an orange plastic bag. This helped for a bit but the phone again did not work it rings and than there is a busy signal. So we called back in December or 2015 they sent out service and the problem seemed to be resolved. In the spring they finally installed the green box to cover the wires.

Sometime in April of 2016 our phone again was not working rings than a busy signal. We did not discover this until May of 2016 the customer service person said this is probably a problem in your house and you will have to pay a fee $95 or something like that. Well they came out approximately May 30th and we thought the phone was fixed. Unfortunately the phone is not fixed it rings and than a busy signal. Your customer service is the worse I have ever dealt with I have been on hold for hours trying to get help from your Company so your rating is a zero in my book and you really need to improve your service.

Today June 13th I talk to the 1st person and have been put on hold for 20 minutes, explain the problem to the 2nd person in the loyalty department put on hold for 20 minutes, finally the 4th person I talked to actually seemed to care and wanted to help me, when transferred the 5th time this person she wanted me to speak to the customer loyalty department who I talked to after the first 20 minutes, I begged please let me talk to a supervisor. Finally transferred a 6th time after 1 hour and 15 minutes to Jim 115808 this person is sarcastic, not apologetic and by the way I only spend $39.95 a month for my phone service and internet. "But my phone service does not work properly and has not work properly since October of 2015"! Jim did give a small credit to our account like $10 and 2 days phone credit and the best thing he did was provide the phone repair number so we can call them direct to get the phone fixed!

CenturyLink I have been a loyal customer of yours for almost 30 years I cannot believe that you do not have a team that wants to help your customers. I may only currently spend $39.95 per month but over the last 30 years I have spent/paid my bills on time and have paid thousands of dollars for your services. Apparently your customers are an inconvenience instead of your Companies job security. I expect the our phone to work I have not idea how many phone calls we have missed due to no service. We should not have to keep calling your Company to repair the phone it should have been properly fixed back in October. I was able to contact the automated service repair team today and they are due to fix the phone problem again on June 14th here is hoping that it will be properly fixed this time.

Please honor your customers and make improvements to your customer service team to provide assistance and quality phone service.

Comment (0)

We have struggled with CenturyLink’s service for almost a year and have spent HOURS on the phone troubleshooting. We pay for 40Mbps but have NEVER got this speed the top speed we get is is 29.8Mbps on a good day. Most of the time we are running on around 20Mbps. I am done wasting my time and called to cancel and was told I was on a 2-year contract, which I didn’t agree to. They are trying to charge me $200 to cancel but will NOT provide proof of this contract that I supposedly agreed to. All they say is “well it’s on your bill”. Last time I check notification on a bill is NOT a legally binding contract.

Comment (0)

You were supposed to fix my billing complaints. You SAID you would have an explanation for the discrepancy between the TERMS of service and BILLING I signed up with and the BILLING your actually assessed. Is it asking too much for the Provider to adhere to the terms of their business solicitation from their own web page. They cited basic internet service for $X a month with direct pay. I signed up for direct pay, hooked up the modem and started receiving e-bills fr over three times what the agreement specified. Attempting to solve this issue yet fearing loss of connection.

I sent the fee they demanded(3X what my monthly bill which was agreed upon) and wrote a letter to the CEO in Louisiana. His associate got me hooked up for direct pay(she SAID) and now I am getting the same 3X bill again. OH! and after SHE said they had direct pay figgered out,they cashed my Check anyway! (Oh! They will just credit your account for advance payment, she said). All I want is proper accounting for each payment for service , and they payment to be MONTHLY as specified by their web page, and the payment assessment according to the direct pay specification we agreed upon. Simple business practices these guys are unable to follow.

Today I got this from CenturyLink at CenturyLinkEmail@em.centurylink.com. Your Bill is Now Available Online. We're providing you with information about your most current CenturyLink bill for your convenience. Account Number: 0825. Total Amount Due: $172.34. Payment Due Date: 06/13/2016. Go To My. Account. View Balance/Pay Bill. No action required for AutoPay Customers.

Comment (0)

Not receiving credit, being charged late fee for deducting cost of a movie not ordered, cashing a check they say they never received and charging me over $100 to pay bill for missing check and after 1 week of daily calls they now tell me I have to wait 5 more days for a refund/credit and unhappy with the sub service of direct t.v.for service I did not want. I only wanted telephone, internet and basic t.v. not bells and whistles they added without contacting me first. Terrible and would never refer to anyone. I work hard for my money and they should at least admit their errors and refund immediately.

Comment (0)

I keep getting post cards stating have I changed my e-mail address lately. I have had the same address for at least 2 yrs. I did check with customer service here in Port Charlotte and they had a number 12 after my nanaba which I did not add. So I had them take it off. Plus I keep getting on my computer Centurylink is not responding. This comes up almost all the time.

Comment (0)

I ordered their service with the promise from CenturyLink that when I moved to an area without their service (discussed location with CenturyLink customer service rep where they confirmed they did not provide service), the $200 cancellation fee would be waived. This clearly was them deceiving me because now they are telling me that is untrue and I will have to pay the fee. I will NEVER use this company again for anything.

Comment (0)

On July 22, 2015 a truck struck a low hanging Century Link line located at North 43rd & North Alki Streets in Tacoma, WA. The impact on the Century Link cable damaged the Tacoma Power utility pole it was hung on requiring replacement of the pole. Code requires lines across thorough fares be no lower that 15.5 feet above the travel surface. The measured height of the truck was three feet below that requirement, meaning the Century Link line was out of compliance. Damages from this event total $4,597.59 for replacement of the pole, which the Utility is seeking to recover from Century Link.

Comment (0)

My service started on Jan, 8th. I kept waiting to get a bill. The people who live in the same apt. building said they were slow in sending out bills. So I waited until March and started chating with customer service people. they all told me the same thing the bill was in the mail. I never got a bill. On Sat. 26th of March I chatted with a man and he told me I was set up to pay on line. Now that was news to me. He told me how to look at my bill on line. He was right I had 3 bills on line.

And they were wrong. I was being charged $44.95 a month. When I signed up I was told It was $39.95 a month plus they would give me a discount. Well that never happened. Today I was chatting with a person to get this taken care of and I was cut off because they can only spend 5 minutes with each customer. Then I called a live person I told them I was not going to pay the late fee charge because it was not my fault. She agreed to that but the rest I had to pay. I had no choice since this is the only service I can get at this apt. complex. this company is nothing like At&T. You knew what you were getting and for how long. I don't know if I am under contract are not. I guess I will find out someday when I try to cancel out. LS March 28 2016

Comment (0)

I called CenturyLink phone support to ask a question and they informed me that they have not received payment in 3 months. I had records of payment being made and asked why I was not notified of this and I had to call in to find out that they were having an issue with my acct. The rep (who I could not understand because they did not speak English) told me they do not contact customers regarding this. I am in customer service as well and I would NEVER have let an account go that long without some kind of contact-very poor customer service. After they found my payments and I had to do THEIR work by sending confirmation of payment history I am now getting a bill after I terminated my service with them.

Comment (0)

I just spent half an hour plus, trying to pay my internet bill that was due today. I've paid it online for more than a year now, but it's gotten increasingly harder to do. First, Century Link will no longer honor my American Express credit card. Then - I find today that a fee of $3.50 is being charged to honor any other credit card. The only other online option is to give Century Link direct access to my bank account. That's something I prefer NOT to do for ANY company. I then attempted to pay the bill via telephone, using the automated system.

As a side note, It informed me that having a real person process my payment was only possible during weekday business hours and that would also cost $3.50. In my google searches, I had previously seen that listed as a "convenience fee" when paying in person. Next - while entering the only credit card information that Century Link would graciously accept - I quietly said something to my wife, who happened to be in the room. The speech recognition system replied "Was that a no?" A "no" to what? There was no question asking for a yes or no reply. Not knowing how to answer at that point, I said nothing. It asked again "Was that a no?".

Without a response from me, it then explained to me that it would normally transfer me to an agent, but agents were only available during weekday business hours, and ended the call. So - I had to call again, start from scratch, navigate the automated menu again, and re-enter the account number and credit card number. This time, having been previously burned, I remembered to hit the "mute" button on my phone. I finally was able to get the bill paid - I think. I did receive a confirmation number, so I'm hoping for the best. Bottom line: It shouldn't be - and hasn't been until now - this hard to pay my bill. Century Link has stopped honoring my American Express card entirely and wants to charge fees for online processing of other cards or to have an employee assist with payment. As a customer, I shouldn't have to jump through hoops and beg Century Link to "accept" my money. I may very well find another ISP - even if it's more expensive - and drop Century Link. The good news there will be, they'll no longer be burdened with the processing of my payment.

Comment (0)

I have been with Century Link for year's, I have transferred their service at least twice abiding to their contract terms. For the last 2 months all of sudden if my bill goes past due for more than 10 (ten) days they have shut my service off and I have had to contact customer service to have my service reinstated with a late charge and a re-connection fee. This last go round when I talked to a customer service rep who are typically rude, I finally asked how to cancel my service and was told quite frankly that "You are under contract and if you break that contract that there will be a penalty charge" at which time I was told "Pay your bill and get your service turned back on".

Today is 3/11/16 (I paid my bill on my pay day like every month) and my "Past Due Bill" of $96.?? is due on 3/12/16? Long Story short, apparently when you have a "contract" you are no longer eligible for decent customer service, you have to take what ever they say and pretend that the snotty little girl you are talking to has not looked at your history and would realize that I'm one of the reasons that she has a job.

Comment (0)

The customer service was so horrible when I first reached out to receive Internet service that I cancelled the service. The technician showed up anyway. I work from home using CenturyLink as my Internet connection but the signal was not strong enough for what I was trying to do. My father had CenturyLink in his study and I was using it for my room as well. I wanted to get my own line...hoping that would help and the technician said that I should switch to Time Warner Cable because the signal out here with Century Link was not good and installing a link to my room would not help. He could not believe that I lived in this neighborhood and kept asking me if I was sure that this was really my home. (Which was intended as an insult because I am a person of color.)

I never let him inside my home and sent him on his way. Weeks later I received a bill for services and had to wait 45 minutes to get them to take it off of my bill. Now, 3 months later, they want to charge me 100 dollars for a modem. I never received a modem. I believe that they have a rogue technician...but I never received services nor a modem. Bad Internet service was the reason I ordered service, bad customer service was the reason I cancelled. And once again, I am still on hold another 1 hour just to take charges off of a bill for services that I did not receive and equipment that I never took possession of. This is a rip off.

Comment (0)

I talked to Tia (Supervisor at Centurylink who refused to give me her last name) on Thursday February 18 2016 about the fact that I was charged for a modem given to me for free during the subscription of this account due to frustration of an earlier account that was not setup on time as you will see in the chat below or attached between me and the person who helped me setup this new account.

As I was talking to Tia, she was bent on the fact that Centurylink does not give modems for free and refused to give me the opportunity to send her the chat notes I had with the person who got me set up as you will see in the notes. Rather she expressed excitement cancelling my subscription when I asked her to.

Just to note, she was very excited informing me of the extra charges I will have to pay as a result of the account cancellation but will not let me send her the chat I had with your agent. To the person that will be reading this email if not you, I plan on tracking down the email addresses of all Centurylink execs. and forward this complaint to them even if it means on twitter. If Tia thinks Centurylink's revenue only depends on corporate accounts then I will proof her that my subscription counts.

Browse reviews of other Cable TV

Have feedback for CenturyLink?