Canadian Tire Complaints Continued... (Page 1)

141+ reviews added so far. Upset? Call Canadian Tire corporate: 1-800-387-8803

I live 100 kms from the Canadian tire but I am a regular customer, I have in the last 2 years I bought over 4000 plus worth of Canadian tire products. I like to call to see if they have my parts before making an hour drive. On this day, Jan 16 2016 I called and 6 times, and I could get no one at parts ,,so I pushed 0 to get customer svc to let them know. That it was 6 times I tried parts and got no answer. Her response was a very snarky. Well they are not glued to the phone or anything sir. I will check in a pretty snotty tone, and then I got someone right away. Funny how when they do their job we get a response, and you get business. The service at this brand new store is awful, and the staff is snotty and disrespectful.

This is not my first incident and its pretty soon going to be my last,. This particular store has got to be having problems, the parking lot is near empty all the time. For a brand new store? Maybe the poor way customers are dealt with is part of the problem. Maybe it would do your business well to staff your customer service department with people who enjoy dealing with the public. Or at least don't act like your asking them to move mountains when you ask them to do their job. There are plenty of alternatives to Canadian tire in the area and many match price as well.

January 10th 2016 I read your flyer and saw skates were on sale for 40% off. I went to the South location in Red Deer and found a pair. When I went to pay the clerk said the price and they were not on sale. I showed her the flyer and advised there were signs showing these skates were on sale. She called a Manager and we waited but no one came or called her back. She referred me to the customer service desk where I explained my dilemma again. The clerk checked and said they were not on sale and do I want to purchase at this price? I asked her to come to the skate isle and see all the sale signs that were on these skates. She said she was too busy, she called a Manager and asked me to wait as there were another four customers in line.

I was embarrassed as she turned her back on me to help the others. A young man came to the front after 10 minutes and waited tried interrupting her to see what she wanted. I was extremely embarrassed by now and had waited in your store for about 45 minutes. After explaining my entire story again he said he couldn't help me. He said he would take the signs down and I could come back in Feb for the next sale. I advised him I wouldn't be back. I left in tears. When I got home my entire family wanted me to go back and purchase as we had planned to go skating that day.

I did and I paid full price which was $69.99 plus tax. I still feel I was treated unfairly and with zero customer service. I would not treat someone the way I was treated! I am sending you the picture I took in the store. I was so upset at the time I planned on posting it on social network sights. I haven't and don't plan on it but I thought you should be aware the type of customer service that is given in your Red Deer south location.

Yesterday I checked online your Store nearest to me: 2221 Boul. Angrignon and I ordered 6 of your Product # 53-0947-2. Your system said your Store had 7 in stock in AISLE 62 (11am, Jan3 2016): ATTACHED. SEEING THAT, I PAID WITH my Credit Card for 6 products. I received your "Order Confirmation" with Order ID: 9267418797801: ATTACHED. The pick up time is marked: 4pm January 3.

Today, January 4, I call your Store to ask about my PAID ORDER, I TALK TO THE MANAGER who says: "6 of them WERE STOLEN, I ONLY HAVE 1 LEFT"...??? What kind of business is this? I WILL SEND A COPY OF THIS EVENT TO NEWSPAPERS because it's really out of this Century, out of North America retail & online systems, IMPOSSIBLE TO SEE IT ELSEWHERE, except perhaps 3rd world countries!

So our F-350 needed the front axle u-joints replaced before we go back to work in the bush. Called Canadian Tire in the morning and they said bring it in and we will get it done. So we waited 5 hours till our appointment, dropped the truck off and continued our day. We received a call from the mechanic 3 hours later saying that they could no longer do the job because their vehicle hoist was not working, and to come get our truck. This job is 100% possible with a floor jack I argued . But they said the mechanic would not do the job with a floor jack. This is a pathetic attempt by your Canadian tire mechanics. I myself could have done this job on this day, but made the simple mistake of trusting an official mechanic shop. Now it's off to the bush with fucked u-joints. Thanks guys. Canadian Tire Smithers. You guys are pathetic.

Canadian tire probably has the worst customer service I've ever experienced, Back in 2013 I purchased two tire at a Canadian tire store out of my city, these tires are supposed to come with a 5 year warranty and every cdn tire store are supposed to have a centralized system able to pull up transactions for at least 5 years back. So I went to the cdn tire in my city Windsor on to report the bad tires, they were unable to pull my file hence telling me that I had to pay for another set of tires.

I was upset because why am I paying for your negligence? But I paid for new tires anyways, after they fixed my tires I could not find my rim covers, when I called to confront them the manager said he wasn't going to replace my rim cover. Now im beyond upset and don't know what to do I am never going to Canadian tire they have the worst customer service ever.

I was shopping for a gift. Thought I found what would be perfect(for a family with 6 children) the budget is a bit tight! Found the exactly what I wanted. Computer and customer service says they have only 1 in stock. So after waiting half an hour for the attendant to search for it only to come back empty handed I was not too happy. I go to customer service to ask if there is anything they can do to help where I am told I have to wait again to see a manager, another half an hour she finally shows up (with the WORST customer service I have ever encountered) and proceeded to tell me that it's just not there and she is willing to do nothing. bout i.

I saw your flyer and went to Canadian Tire to purchase some snowmobile mitts that were on sale. As usual, when we got to the store there were no mitts to be had. We asked the clerk who did not looked surprised that there was no stock in the store. He checked other stores and the only other place that had the mitts was the store in Surrey. This happens a lot when we shop Canadian Tire. We always have to go to another store. This time I am not going to another store because I am going to spend my money elsewhere. I am not going back to Canadian Tire unless I absolutely have to. You are going to end up like Zellers. They always putting sales on to get rid of stock only if they only have one or two items left. Zellers is slowly disappearing. I hope that does not happen to Canadian Tire?

I was at a Canadian tire today at Young and Church. I spent just under $100.00. I park in your parking lot. But because I was just over a hour I had to pay $4.00 dollars ex parking. I was told you only get one free hour. I think that is not very good advertising. I did give the man my receipt from the shop as proof of purchases. I just think it's to bad that Canadian tire would treat there customers like that and you can expect more Canadian Tire complaints from me in the future if this does not change.

I was at the store in Surrey, B.C. around noon on Friday October 10th purchasing a few small items for a contractor I had waiting at my home to complete a project. I went to the self serve and as I was going to pay, mt twenty dollar bill must have got caught on something and ripped on the corner. The attendant told me that the machine would not accept that bill and I'd have to use another. As I had no other bill I asked if she could just ask a cashier to exchange it for me so that I could just pay for the items that were already scanned. She went away and came back with another lady who informed me that they would not accept that bill. It was only the corner of the bill that was torn, no serial numbers affected, the tear fit perfectly in place with the other part of the bill and I had both parts which was torn in front of the attendants eyes as I was scanning.

I then told her that I had worked in a bank and it was legal tender and asked to speak to someone higher up. By this time a crowd was gathering and she came back with some guy (didn't even resemble a store manager) and told me they would not accept the bill and I'd have to pay with credit if I had no other cash!! I then asked if he could give me a piece of tape so I could attach the two pieces or if he could at least staple it together for me so that I wouldn't lose the two pieces which he refused to do and handed it back to me.

I have never been so humiliated in my life - the "customer service" goes beyond words. The young man involved in this incident should have been immediately fired (and would have been by most institutions) My husband and a few of my neighbours were devout customers but along with myself, will never shop there again.

I am telling everyone I know about this incident and they are appalled (even the people in the line up at the time). No wonder Canadian Tire is getting a bad reputation in our area.

I purchased a cordless Power Exchange 18v drill a number of years ago from your Kenora Store. The batteries (2) in this drill recently would not hold a charge. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the drill nor its charger. I hoped to replace the batteries 54-3102-2 or 54-3100-6 but soon realized they have been discontinued. This is the second drill I have purchased from CTC where there batteries have been discontinued. I am a regular customer at the Kenora store. I paid a significant amount of money for the 18v drill and now it is useless. I do not this is fair practice by your store. Clearly this bodes well for your profits to discontinue batteries so the consumer is required to buy another drill and batteries. It would seem you will likely discontinue batteries of your newest/latest drills to have the consumer buy yet another drill.

I am retired living on a fixed income and do various wood working projects for my family and to purchase another drill is another cost I am not prepared for. Please advise if there is anything you can do.

While being made to wait for more than one hour for a simple tire repair, I had the need to use the washroom. I was shocked to see that the faucets that had been broken at least a month ago, had still not been fixed. After washing my hands, I tried to use the air powered hand dryer that was not working a month ago, still wasn't repaired either. This is unacceptable for a company the size of CTC.
Then came the biggest shock...the bill for the tire repair (was told it was a small nail). Cost: $44.75. No this is not a typing error...$44.75 for a job that should normally take no longer than 30 minutes. We use this store because it's closest to us here in Newmarket. But, after this experience, I will never shop at this store again. I will shop at a store that cares about it's customers. I am also seriously considering cancelling both my Option Mastercards, which I use on a daily basis.

Yesterday my 14 year old son went into our local Canadian Tire with his friends. We live in Lindsay ON. He walked from school so he was wearing his backpack. Upon leaving the store the beeper went off as he was walking through and he was of course called back for the situation to be looked into. I get that when you see a group of teenagers you assume they are all up to no good and the worst is always assumed however I am a parent that has taught my child respect and right from wrong and am so appalled at how the cashier and employees handled the situation!!!! I'm actually livid!! The girl was on the first cash in the early afternoon and actually had the nerve to say " alright what did you steal??"

Are you kidding me?? I'm sure you see shoplifters all the time but don't you ever assume someone has stolen something until you look into it and have proof that they have!! Nice way to ensure out teenagers who are our next generation are taught how to treat others and act in society today when the kid is assumed to be guilty before he's even given a chance to prove he's done nothing wrong!! He had school binders and school supplies and a lunchbag in his back pack... Don't even ask me what would make it beep because I still have no clue but I am angry at the ignorance of your companies employee taking this outrageous approach!! I'm almost so mad that I want an apology given to my child since I'm pretty sure in Canada everyone is innocent until proven guilty...

Apparently not at the Lindsay Canadian Tire though!! Never mind that though because a person as rude as that isn't worth my time or anyone that is associated with my family!! Here's an idea.. Maybe educate your employees to handle given situations proper... Not with ignorance!! Oh and funny thing is... My child attends the local high school that is close and many of his friends work at this store... And according to them... This exact security beeper goes off all of the time.. Easily and is over sensitive!!! Unreal is all I have to say!!

On July 4th, 2015, I took my VW Jetta (2011) to Canadian Tire Auto Services at 1875 Hyde Park Road, London, ON N6H 0A3, and asked for oil change. A few days after the oil change, my wife and I noticed an oil leak that covered a large part of our garage. We took our car to the dealership and they said the mechanic who changed the oil did not seal the oil plug properly so they had to fix the problem and in the process lost the oil and had to change the oil again. But we took pictures of the oil leak from underneath the car which clearly shows the plug is leaking and we also have pictures of the oil leak on our driveway and garage. We took the pictures and our complaint to the manager (Simone Crowley, Auto Service Manager, Tel: 519-660-8473). She consulted a few people and talked to the dealership about the problem and called us and said she is going to offer us a half price oil change for the lousy job her mechanics did at Canadian Tire. I told her I want a refund for the oil change and did not accept her offer of half price oil change as I have lost my trust completely and will never take my car to Canadian Tire for oil change. I would like to talk to your managers at the department that deals with complaints such as this.

I purchased a maximum 12 inch mitre saw for my husband for christmas, he did not go to use it until a few weeks ago, he then discovered that the locking device on the underbelly of the saw was broken, he returned the unused saw to the St. John's location where it was purchased with the receipt and was promptly told that the saw could not be returned because it was past thirty days. The manger told him to take it to scope for warranty work. He then took it there only to be told they don't do the work. He returned to canadian tire and then was told to take it to hiscocks.

He then took it there only to be told it could not be fixed and he would put in a recommendation for a new saw and that it would stake a while and to phone back every week. In a generation where christmas tools can be purchased in various different stores, canadian tire did little to keep a customer happy and satisfied. I will from now on purchase my husbands gifts in stores with better customer service skills. My husband is still without his saw and I am without any faith in you.d

Went to but the Magellan RoadMate RV5365T-LMB that was advertised in the local flyer (CT # 35-4036) only to find out that it has been replaced with Magellan RoadMate 5375T-LMB. I wanted the features that the Magellan RoadMate RV5365T-LMB comes with. Its replacement doesnt have the same features .I went to both stores in town and revived no satisfactory answer ."Its a corporate problem not ours " was the answer I received.

I bought an Audi a4 2002 front brake disk April 2nd 2015. When the sales guy brought two boxes and put on the counter both boxes were open. So one box he taped in front of me and second was left. I did not mind and took both boxes paid at the cash and came home was around 5:00pm. The next afternoon when I went outside to change the brake disc for my car, I prepared all tools and was taking discs from my car when I noticed the disc is old. I opened another box, the one taped in front of me is new.

I was surprised and went back to Canadian tire. They did not agree and said we did not give me and old one. I told them to check your camera but they did not agree. Unfortunately, I called police and waited for two hours for them to come. They made a claim for me and said to call civil court and file a claim but before that send them a 10 days legal notice but still I am looking for justice from Canadian tire if you check your camera and find out where is the mistake so it will be good for both of us. Otherwise I am going to civil court because I have proof. No matter how big a company Canadian tire is, humans make mistakes and that i will prove at the court. They did insult me which I will not forget ever.

I have been in the store many times and the last few times I've gotten nothing but attitude from the cashier. The price on the shelf says one thing, and she says another. When I tell her what the shelf says I am always met with attitude.."it doesn't matter what the shelf says only what I say."

First time I let it go. Second time she must have remembered me and rolled her eyes. To top it all off. I heard her say to another girl when I walked out this time without buying anything how much she hated stupid customers.. I WILL NOT BE BACK!!!! I've heard them call her Tyler or Taylor I'm not sure

I missed 2 payments on my card due to being out of the town. When I got back, I paid 7 thousand off in 5 weeks and over paid by 6 dollars. It's been 5 months and have not gotten my 6 bucks back. In that 5 months, I bought anther 8 thousand worth of good at that store. You sure want your money but when it comes to giving money you owe back, it's like pulling teeth. It would be nice to reinstate my card with a low credit but no loyalty.

I dropped off my car last night at the Canadian tire on Blvd Maloney in Gatineau on April 28, 2015 at about 5:20pm to have my tires changed from winter to summer. A simple task you would think...boy was I wrong. I received a voicemail shortly after 7:30 that my car was ready to be picked up. My husband and friend went in a separate car to go pick it up. At about 8:09 pm the auto centre called me back stating they couldn't remove the tires because they had no idea where the tool was to remove the lug nuts..I said it was the glove compartment and asked if they even looked. I also asked why they would call me to tell me the car was ready when it wasn't, he was rude to me and said it was miscommunication.

My husband got there, and it took him two seconds to find the tool. He waited 30 mins and as they were putting my winter tires back into the trunk, he and his friend witnessed the mechanic slam my trunk door harshly 3 or 4 times. My husband slammed on the window to the garage pretty much with the expression of what the F are you doing!? The mechanic ignoring him, continued to slam the door and then proceeded to take a screw driver to the lock forcing it.

When he was confronted he said there was no problem with the trunk and when my husband asked for a discount they refused and said you either pay or you do not get the car back. So we were forced to pay. When he was leaving the garage the door light was on, and upon expectation the back door would not close. So when my husband returned they were once again rude and confrontational, stating pretty much it was our fault. The manager came out, we did not receive an apology, he merely signed the receipt and told us to bring the car back to get it fixed (again taking time out of lives for their incompetence).

I outright refuse to bring back my car there and now I have to bring my car to the dealership for this issue. I really do not understand how I bring my car in to have a SIMPLE tire change and I walk away with a broken trunk lock and possible sensor because of these idiots. I will be lodging a complaint directly with the head office and they will not be getting another dime from me.

I purchased a master craft welder for my last yr in august, used 2x then stored for winter. Last week went to use and after several tries to get power attached a meter to discover no power was generating . so i searched for days to locate the receipt with no success. i then proceeded to contact every local Canadian tire to ask for help repairing the item, i was told no because i have no receipt they also told me i was eligible for a exchange as it was under a 1yr exchange warranty if i had a receipt. OK I know i messed up i lost the receipt so now i am basically out so much money on a item i deemed to be reliable and backed up by Canadian tire. I want a repair i don't want a new one as i know i messed up losing the receipt. seems unfair as obviously its your brand not like i picked it up at Walmart. Every location basically stated i am a liar because i don't have a receipt , thanks for you awesome costumer service and concern. I will never buy anything from there knowing if i accidentally lose my receipt i am a idiot in your eyes.

Several months ago, I was looking for plan urn in Canadian Tire. I called a few stores. They told me the specific store where I could buy the 2 plan urns. I drove to the store, they couldn't find any. Canadian Tire rep. looked in the computer and said that they have many this kind of plant urns in the city located about 1 hour from my place. They said they had 16 there.

We decided to drive there and to our surprise they had only 1. I got the 1 and I was able to find another one in different store. I didn't use the plants over the winter. Now, I wanted to use it, and they are both cracked. I called the store, sorry only exchanges. I called several stores....sorry no stock. So I can't exchange it because they don't have the stock and I can't return because 90 days already passed. This is so terrible. I want to return them and get my money back.

Store: 330 Coventry Road, Ottawa, ON K1K 4S3. I have been a customer of Canadian Tire Auto Service at Coventry Road in Ottawa, ON for 5 years now. I have been storing my tires there as well, and go there twice a year to switch winter/summer tires. Last year, I dropped my car off at Canadian Tire at my appointed time, and when I returned two hours later, my car was still in the parking lot. When I talked to a customer service rep, they apologised and got the tires switched in 20 minutes. This was obviously an inconvenience, but was dealt by the CS reps. Last night (22nd of April, 2015), I had another appointment at 6. I had confirmed with the person on phone that my tires will be found and ready and that I wouldn’t have to call back to make sure my tires were found and ready to be changed. I went in the store and talked to a person called Kervin. Kervin was quite patronizing from the time he opened his mouth. I don’t know much about cars, and he asked me if I wanted some add on, and when I said I didn’t know what they were, he sighed and explained them to me looking really frustrated. I ignored that, and asked him if he knew how long it would approximately take. He said it’ll be done when it’ll be done.

Me and my partner roamed the store with our 10 month old daughter for an hour. We came back to ask if there were any updates and Kervin said he’d take a look. He looked for our paperwork, peaked in the garage and said that the car is being worked on, it could be on a test drive, or being brought in, or being brought out, it’s hard to know. He then said, and I quote, ‘you should know that we are REALLY busy, and that we don’t LIKE to keep cars here, as soon as your car is done, we WILL bring it out. We don’t get any pleasure from holding on to cars’. I didn’t say anything back and went towards the washroom, while he laughed at me, and made fun of me with a customer who was waiting for something. He told the customer how people think we like keeping cars, and how people don’t understand that. I didn’t say anything, but I think it’s amazing that a person who works there didn’t know where my car was. And I have never had Canadian tire take my car out for a test drive after a tire change?

Anyhow, another 40 minutes go by. At this point, we are at an hour and 40 minutes into our wait for our advance appointment tire change (tires that were on RIMS). My partner went to ask what was happening, and this time spoke to David. David told her that they were having a hard time finding our tires. He was very apologetic, asked how he could help. My partner just asked him to take our car off the garage (it was in the garage this entire time, Kervin just didn’t bother finding out), as our daughter was pretty cranky by this time. David apologised and said he would do that. But then he came back in 5 minutes and said the tires were found after all and if we’d like that tire change. We said we did as they had taken off the winter tires anyways. David also gave a 25% discount, which was a nice gesture., but frankly doesn’t change the fact that we were treated so poorly. It also doesn’t change the fact that Kervin stood right there the entire time and didn’t apologise to us to giving us incorrect information.

This has happened twice in a row now, and honestly, I expect to be patronized and treated poorly at the Canadian Tire Auto Service centre. Last night, however, was next level. Kervin was rude, patronising, and downright mean. He stood there the entire time while David was figuring things out for us, and never once apologised for his attitude. I can’t take back this experience, and I would have done more if my daughter wasn’t with us. But I will take my tires out, and will not bring my car back to Canadian Tire. Nobody deserves to be treated like this.

Visited CTC Store #425 on April 19th for a tire repair. We were from out of town when tire pressure issue occurred. Passing through London, On. we decided to take it to a CTC store. Invoice # 20042500070509 was for the tire repair. MJ in the Auto Dept stated that the tire was leaking around the rim, so it was resealed and good to go. Less than 12hrs later, the tire was completely flat!

Needless to say, I was very unhappy after paying $33.89 for a problem I was told was rectified. I now have a flat tire. I have since got the tire fixed by a tire specialist, which states it was a puncture, and should have been caught by the person doing the previous repair immediately. What can be done about this incompetent work?

I went in for a diagnosis for chugging, hesitating engine. I was told that the diagnostic analysis came back with codes for "misfire". So, I asked what this meant for me in regards to solutions. I was told I needed to replace spark plugs, wires, ignition coil, and likely the timing belt. I told the front desk that I had JUST replaced the wires and plugs within 6 months and had the dealership replace the timing belt last year. I was then told it was probably the ignition coil. I decided to leave my car with the shop and investigate further with the dealership (Hyundai). They suggested it was NOT the ignition coil and, If anything, was probably something much more minor. The dealership tech advised I go with the wires and plugs.

I purchased the wires and plugs myself and asked that Canadian Tire install these parts. They did so to the tune of $250. I could NOT believe the outrageous charge for wires and plugs installation on a 2000 Hyundai Accent. This should have taken, 30 minutes - 45 minutes (If not incompetent). I voiced my disbelief in the rationale for the charge which was explained to me as reflective of a 2 hour rate.

I purchased a Yardworks leaf blower/vacuum from the Canadian Tire store at Upper Gage and Fennell, in Hamilton. I also purchased the paper yard waste bags, product number 60-3852-0 to go with the leaf blower. No where on Canadian Tire website or the box the bags came in was there any mention that I would have to buy a separate hose and clamps in order to attach the bags to the leaf blower, this information was printed on the individual bags, after I opened the box. I called the Yardworks customer service department who then put me thru to a company called "Sunrise" who informed me that yes I would have to buy the hose and clamps in order to attach the bags to the leaf blower, cost $27.00 plus tax. I told them no way and asked why Canadian Tire did NOT sell the hose and clamps in the store. Her answer, "you have to order it from us." I then went back to the store where I purchased the bags to return them and asked to speak to the manager. I was refused very rudely, but did finally get my money back for the bags. If Canadian Tire is going to sell this product then make it complete or at the very least advise customer what is needed!!!! Not a happy customer!!!!!

I bought battery last year here with a warranty but Canadian tire next finds false reasons not to warrant it.. The battery loses it charge.. They falsely insist that I spend a 1000 dollars first and replace the oil, spark plugs, wiring, ignition system etc as it might, note might be draining the battery.. they are too dumb to be expert mechanics as advertised clearly.. they thus want first hundreds of dollars for them learn how to fix my car, Pontiac Montana, so to find all the problems.. I also had an alarm ringing and I asked them to fix it.. but they could not find the problem, charged me to learn first how to fix it and all they did next is pulled out 2 fuses.. for $230 dollars? Pulling 2 fuses for that amount is absurd, ludicrous. Posted on the net next too.

I made appointment to take my car for oil change at 12 pm. At 1 pm still my car was parked outside and when I asked the manager S. when will my car oil change be done, very rudely she said, they are behind and she has asked another mechanic to take my car in a minute or two. At 1.06, I went to cancel and make another appointment as I was there at 11.40 am and the cashier said they are taking it in right now and I agreed to wait. Then at 1.22 pm my car was parked outside and I was surprised and asked the cashier if my car was done and she looked and got the papers from inside and said yes and I saw most of the things were written ok, ok, ok which for a fact I knew my head light, high beam, one did not work and he had said it was ok and it proved to me that he did not do a good job and did not do the service that they charged me about $70 for synthetic oil change and now I want to complain. It was at Store #412 at 2070 Appleby Line Burlington. Last time they did a good job but this time I do not trust the oil change.

Back in 2014 I purchased a eleminantor battery, I think in November and because I moved couldn't find receipt and some missed filled info at your store they said nothing they could do, I was in a pinch I just bought new somewhere else. After calling 4 different Canadian tires in my area. I for 1 will never step foot in 1 of these stores again. They battery had 4 year warranty and was manufactured in march of 2013 sound like it should warranty to me I guess no real customer service hear. I guess it napa for me from now on!

Today I went to plaza cote des neiges canadian tire and purchased $91 through canadian tire option credit card asked the counter lady to remade my points with the bill. I saw she did only $4.63 where I have $40.63. I gently ask her how much you deduct then she reply in rudely "can you read it, it is written here". I was that surprised to protes. I just told her that I have $40. She says "I don't no system says that you have $4.63". Again I said in confidence that I have $40.63 then she said "I have to cencel the order and do it again to check do I want that" and i said yes and I was right because I saw her to type only $4.63. She didn't sorry also.

The lady was too rude all togather and I was too surprised with this type of behavior. In this branch I find this lady don't like my brown skin as she is brown. The point is I am a customer I need a smile with good customer service. But got rude attitude which surprised me and hurt my feelings for canadian tire. I didn't complain to the manager why she is behaving like that. Even I didn't ask that lay why she is rude. I was so surprised. Now I'm thinking avoiding that store or even canadian tire and tell everyone beaware of their customer service.

I would like you to investigate what happened to all the CD's that were in my car (roughly 35 of them) there were 6 in the cd player which requires a key to remove them and it is a slow player and it requires time to remove them all, i had a case full of approximately 30 cd's in it and I had about 5 in the slots. I cleaned the car one week prior to bringing the car in for servicing as I was getting ready for our trip to St. Catharines, Ontario. We did not notice the missing cd's until we were at a location where the radio add good reception. My husband then noticed that all his cd's were missing he was pretty upset about it.

We brought our GM Equinox for servicing on December 12th at the Ogilvie location in Ottawa and on December 15th I had to bring the car back for tire replacement and I took the car to the Canadian Tire on Innes Road in Orleans as it was closer for me to bring it there. At both time the car was left for someone to repair it, they had the key at all times. We would like some answers to our missing Cd's, I had to purchase some new ones (5 of them cost me $70), so loosing all those 35 or so cd's is very upsetting. We are thinking of filing a police report about this theft. I hope we can find a resolution for this incident. With that in mind we will never bring on of our cars for servicing at another Canadian Tire.

I went to Canadian Tire to duplicate the key of my door yesterday, but the new key was too thick and it did not work well. Then, I went to the key maker in Canadian Tire again this morning, the key maker still made a wrong key to me, and refused to repair it. Such time consuming event happens several times, and the attitude of the market staff is extremely poor.

I would like to complain about trying to reach the West End Store, I called on and off for 2 hours and all that happened is that it rang and rang and rang. You have no idea how frustrating it was to not be able to reach anyone from that store. I wanted to buy 2 items from that store but since no one was available I have gone else where. I am so disappointed in the customer service, please fix this problem so no one else has to go through the same thing.

Well, the staff at the Angrignon store (Canadian Tire Lasalle #230, 2221 boul.Angrignon, Lasalle QC) was rude and extremely unfriendly as always. I went with a couple of items and two coupons to the cash and, once I paid for the first item, I gently asked the cashier to pass the second one. Note that on the back of the coupon was not stated “one transaction per day”, only one coupon per transaction per person. She refused. I asked again and pointed out at the fine prints.

She refused again and called the manager. She could not even read English and told me that in French it was written “par jour” (per day). Well, it was, but I insisted on the English version. The manager came right away. (This is very unusual, because I’ve had problems with this store other times and had to wait for the manager for a while). The manager bluntly told me to leave the second item and leave store because he was not happy that I was trying to use two coupons. I did not want to escalate the conflict and said, “OK, fine…”, and left the store.

Then I re-entered the store thinking of going through another cash. Then my wife arrived, and I when I was telling her the story a security guard approached us and told to both of us to leave the store because we were not allowed to “split the purchase” and escorted us out! Can you believe it.  It means the manager called the security while I was talking to him, the the security tracked me for no reason. Never ever I’ll go to this store and tomorrow I’m filing a complaint.

I went to have my tires installed at a Canadian tire in Quebec, Longueuil. The technician started undoing my lock nuts, he took out one, then on the second he noticed it was tight and decided to use a 3 foot bar to unscrew it, didn’t put the lock nut socket in correctly and broke it. Now almost impossible to take the lock nuts out, so they sent me to the last mechanic saying that it’s his fault cause he screwed them too tight. They broke it, there technician should not have used a pry bar without asking me first. I wen’t back the next day to see the director and he told me that the socket was probably already broken and he brushed me off. I filed a complaint at the head office, after 2 weeks still no news.

I started working at canadian tire in vegreville ab, when i started i made it clear that i have to answer my phone because of medical i have been witing for dr.app and my daughter has eplispy and my dad has brain damage so i have to answer my phone so thats what i did today, so the manager demanded my phone i told her no, she told the boss john upstairs, i get called up stairs and he started with a very intimadating attitude and voise and sais to me “who do i think i am, so i tried to explain to him about the medical situation i have he said to me to get rid of my combative attitude and that he does not care about any medicale situation.

To change my attitude or walk so i walked feeling very upset to the point i walked out shaking so im laying this complaint in hopes that something will be done about this because no one should be intimiadated at work.

June 20, 2011 we wanted to purchase a 10’x10′ garden shed from Canadian Tire Prince George.We asked the sales associate if they had an example or a display model up so we could see for ourselves if the shed would work for us and see how the construction or quality was as well. The sales associate told us they did NOT have that shed on display for us to see.So we went with his word that it was a good shed and that we should not have any problems with it. So we proceeded to purchase the shed and take it home to assemble it. The next day we started by opening the box that had the #1 on it, there was 4 box’s in total, to try and locate the instructions.

We finally found them in box #4 and started to read them. When we where done reading we found that the shed would not support the kind of snow load we get here in Prince George. We put all the piece’s back in their box’s and because the box’s where stapled we had to tape the corners together to hold the shed parts in the box’s. We then brought the shed back to the store and we where honest to tell them that we could not fit one piece back in the one box and they told us we actually did pretty good putting it all back in the right box’s. Then because of the price of it at least that is what we assume, the manager was called , he told us that because we opened the box’s we do NOT get our money refunded back to us.

He also made the comment that he would have to sell it at reduced price and that whatever they sell it for that would be our refund. So today July22, 2011 we decided to see the manager to inquire what was going on because he made no attempt to keep in touch with us since June22, 2011 and that we received our Visa statement and there was still no credit. He was called behind closed doors and we where told that they where unable to reach him and to go home and he will give us a call.We also discovered that the shed was put up as their display model. We where under the impression that it would stay in their box’s to be sold.

Now the shed that we returned is not in it’s original new condition and now we noticed it is damaged due to weather and people. how is it supposed to be sold? This is not how we gave the shed back to them. It was in it’s original packaging and in it’s original condition and we returned it within 90 days with our receipt. So how is it possible that they take the shed and NOT give us ANY of our money back!? Is that legal what they are doing?

I spent $1132.49 to have my van repaired in London. I called the shop to tell them my address is wrong, my postal code is wrong, my telephone number is wrong and why am I charged for 5.20 hours of labour when I was there just under 4 hours. This is double charging. I have been overcharged approximately $100. The shop said it is alright. Is this the way Canadian Tire treats all their customers? It is very inappropriate to overcharge. If I don’t get any satisfaction from your complaint office, I will carry this further. We pay our bill on time and expect good customer service. Is this how you treat a great customer? Waiting for your reply. Also our bill is time stamped at approx. 4 hours labour.

My wife purchased a Solar Garden Light from the Canadian Tire store in Dryden, ON on February 24, 2011, with the intention to use it after spring arrived and the snow was gone. She removed it from the box and it would not take a charge. She tried new batteries, and it still would not work. We took it back to the store, with a copy of the credit card statement showing the purchase. The original receipt being thermal paper faded and could not be read. She wanted to trade it for one that worked. The “customer service associate” (a term that did not appropriately describe this person’s (Jocelyne) attitude) denied that she ever purchased the product at their store.

Essentially called called her a liar. Needless to say, a vicious argument followed and the “on duty” manager’s (Gary) attitude was no better. We left without a product that worked or a refund. Our advice is to avoid the Canadian Tire Store in Dryden, Ontario. Not one single cent of our money will ever be spent at this store with such deplorable service and anti-social employees.

I understand now why Canadian Tire is called Crappy Tire. The Service Department at this Canadian Tire is crap. The customer service from the bottom right up to the manager, Ken is crap! I took my Ford Explorer in to have the Power Steering Pump replaced because my truck was making a squealing noise. I even brought the part in. The service advisor agreed that it was probably the power steering pump making the noise. When my husband picked the truck it was still squealing. He was livid. Their excuse was, get this – “We did exactly what you said sir! We replaced the power steering pump.”

I guess if we told them to jump off a bridge, they would do that too. We did find a really good local mechanic in Ranchlands. They fixed the squealing noise which was just a belt tensioner and a pulley that needed to be replaced. It cost a $150 less than Crappy Tire charged to not even fix the problem. I wouldn’t suggest this Crappy Tire to my worst enemy. The staff is verbally abusive and very unprofessional.

I went to Canadian tire and inquired about purchase of 4 rims and these tires mounted and balanced. The clerk said that there were plenty of rims in stock, but the tires would take 2 weeks to arrive. Two weeks later back at Canadian tire more delays, now they were on back order! I come back a month later, and now they won’t sell them to me because they aren’t “speed rated”. I suppose if this Canadian tire was located anywhere near the Autobahn I could maybe understand, as it stands I learned my lesson again about NOT shopping at Canadian tire ever again!!!

Crappy Tire is a complete Rip Off. From extra fees, to poor installation, to rude management, I don’t even want to think about it again. Again, I can’t really put the entire experience into words. Worst experience ever and I am a proud Canadian and literally shopped at Canadian Tire on a weekly basis, stopping on the way home from work to pick up paint or car supplies. I WILL NEVER SHOP AT CANADIAN TIRE AGAIN. There is nothing at Crappy Tire you can’t get anywhere else. By the way this happened in Milton, Ontario at the Steeles and James Snow location. You will recognize the service manager. Just look for a fat Al Borlan!

Have feedback for Canadian Tire?