Budget Cars Customer Service

Contact Budget Cars Corporate

Welcome to the Budget Cars complaints department brought to you by HissingKitty. Experienced poor customer service? We make it easy to file a formal complaint against Budget Cars online. Simply use our free form and your feedback will be instantly forwarded for review. Need to contact the Budget Cars corporate office? We have the mailing address, phone number, and email address listed below.

Budget Cars Contact Information

• Budget Cars headquarters address

Browse reviews of other Car Rental

Top Budget Cars Complaints

I rented a car in palm springs calif march 9 to march 16. At the time of the rental I told the clerk that I had a car rental policy that covered Loss Damage Waiver. He charged me any way for LDW at $17.00 dollars a day, a total of $119.00. I feel that I deserve aa refund. Every time I charge
my rental by American express the the policy is added right away. My rental agreement is 223216836.

The van was delivered three hours and forty minutes late. It did not have a wind shield wiper blade on the drivers side and it was a rainy day. I had to take it to the airport to exchange vehicles and it made me three hours late for my engagement in another state. Needless to say I ordered the vehicle online a week prior to pick-up.

While visiting Orlando, Florida, we acquired a one-week rental from Budget. We were told that their cars had transponders for the toll roads and if we wanted to turn it off there was a switch under the dashboard. There was never any mention of a hidden access fee which would be automatically added to our credit card when the tolls were posted. Not only is the access fee more than the tolls, you are billed for the number of days on your rental, not the number of days you incur tolls. This is a very deceptive business practice. Additionally, before leaving the airport we could not find the switch that would turn the transponder off. We grabbed an associate of Budget, in a Budget uniform, who also could not figure out how to turn the transponder off and therefore told us the car probably doesn't have that option. Again, your people can't tell me how to turn it off, you don't mention the access fees when discussing costs and contracts, and then you bill me, after the fact, for days that I didn't incur tolls. E-tolls gave me a $11.85 credit, but said they can't refund the remaining $7.90. The entire amount really should be refunded due to this completely deceptive business practice.

I am picking up a car at the Atlantic City Airport tomorrow. They are expecting snow. I live in Florida. I've been on the phone for over an hour with 5 different people concerning a question I have. No one can connect me to Atlantic City and no one knows the answer. My question is " does my rental come with a scraper and a brush?" I will never rent from Budget again! William Ansbro 813-689-8248 reservation number-00079648US2

We rented a mini-van in October in CA. We lost the keys and called budget to tell them. They gave us the address where we should have the van towed to a budget location near where we were staying. We called Nationwide to file a claim and for the lost keys and the tow. They towed it to the location given by Budget. Also we had it returned a day early and should have been reimbursed for that and we were ready to pay our deductible or fee for the tow and lost keys. Then our insurance company's tow truck called and said that the budget location we were told to tow it too was old and shut down. I called budget and they said, oh no problem we will come get the van, our fault. I said thanks and take care.

Then 3 months later we get a bill from their billing service (Viking Billing) for more than $2,600.00 !!!

There was no mention of our lost keys at all, but they charged an administration fee of $150, $875 damage, and $1,600 for Budget to tow the min-van and from it being left in an impound lot for a week. I called budget and their Viking billing service, but they decided to defend their obvious FRAUD no matter what I said. My insurance company is negotiating with them and I have to pay our $900 deductible, instead of just a lost keys fee of $150 or something. So we decided to just pay the $900 deductible to make this a closed case, which was the agreement amongst all parties. Then Viking Billing out of no where billing decided to demand the administration fee of $150 from us also, while Nationwide is forced to pay the remaining balance for the fraudulent tow, damage and lot fees. This was the worst case of fraud by a huge company with no accountability. My insurance company said that they will sue and take advantage of the situation if we decide to fight it and the best thing to do is just pay the deductible to Nationwide and they will cover it for us.

In our non-fraudulent minds we should have received a refund for a 1-day early return and we should have paid for the lost keys fee as our insurance Nationwide, handled the tow. THE END, but not so fast.....Budget apparently gets away with this kind of fraudulent lying and uses Viking Billing service as their bouncers. This company needs to be shut down and sued, but I'm just a special ed. teacher with a family and no money and time to take down this giant corporation that steals money from it's customers. Stay far far away!

Attention Budget Customers:
On 1/14/19, I rented a white Toyota Prius from the Budget LAX location. I was coming to LA for my son's wedding from Boston. From day one my Budget car had serious mechanical problems. The Toyota would intermediately not start. Also, the low tire indicator on the dashboard was always on, after many, many calls to Budget for road side emergency for hours and put on hold. My complaint is that the Prius should never have been allowed the Prius to leave the rental lot at LAX in that condition. Budget was of no help for days. Finally Budget sent a replacement rental to my sons Hollywood home. I will be returning the replacement rental car to your LAX location today. I will be contacting my CC company when I return to Boston for further action.

My complaint has to do with the return process. I returned my rental vehicle over a week ago (DEC 15 2018) in Jacksonville NC. I have still not received the receipt. I have called budget a total of 6 times with regards to this matter and have been told each time they will email my receipt to me, I still have not received it and therefore I am delinquent processing my travel claim through the military. ALL I WANT IS MY RECIEPT emailed to me: kris.h.clampitt.mil@mail.mil please email my receipt

respectfully,
Kris Clampitt

Hi,

This complaint is being filed not against Budget Rental itself but against a costumer of Budget Rentals (whom I assume is using a Budget van to provider delivery for amazon). Today, Sunday December 22nd, a driver of a Budget van (Oklahoma license plate 3AL 078) mistakingly pulled into my driveway instead of that of the neighbor. Rather than carefully backing up, he pulled a "3 point turn" at an unreasonably high speed driving off my driveway and into my plant bed damaging the metal trim dividing the driveway gravel and yard. I am hoping the driver can be identified and Budget will think twice about allowing this guy to rent their vans in the future.

Thank you for your time.

Patrick McCarty

I rented a medium size car in Orlando, Fla.last week and the agent told me several aparrent lies about the car I received. 1. the gas he charged me for he said was cheaper than in Orlando. i saw several gas prices cheaper. 2..He asked me what kind of car i usually drove and i told him a nissan quest. he said he would give me an upgrade free. He gave us a Volks jetta which was a piece of crap. i am 73 years old and getting in and out of that car was a real chore. The car alcually surged when it was still. Years ago Budget gave me an upgrade to a Lincoln and that was great but a Jetta that was unacceptable. 3. I don't know if the Airline discount was a better rate than AARP I had but the agent said it was. $352,81 is a riduculous price for a week anyway and we only drove about 80 miles with most of those miles being lost to and from the airport since the agent did not give me any directions in Orlando or a map or anything. I would hope you would give me some kind of adjustment for this ridiculous price. If not I guess this will be the last time with Budget/Avis rental cars.

I have been renting from Budget Rent A Car, since, 12/2/17, while my 2007, Buick was in shop. I was told to get rid of it. I had it towed to another place that said it would cost me $4,000.00 to repair which I do not have. Both my husband and I were laid off in 2011 and we had to in 2012 go back and forth to Rehoboth then Newark. We are now living in Rehoboth, my mother passed away in 2015. I had to take care of her since 2013, and could not work. We were to claim Bankruptcy and gave up our house. This is the reason for renting the car for so long. I would pay once I signed the agreement. It would never clear until the end with the bank. 1) 12/2/17-12/9/17 $154.56 2) 12/9-1/6/18 $727.67 3) 1/6-2/11 $759.01 2/7-3/7$687.96 4)3/7-4/6 $587.16 5) 4/7-5/7 $622.03 6) 5/7-6/7 $612.21 I called main office for a special early before, 6/7 at least three days and was afford $549.09 Reservation# 800621284VA. He was an older man who said I could pay over the phone. I told him it is a few days early. He said it did not matter. Just take the care back when it is due. The day I was to return to get the paper work, I saw on my debit account another payment taken out, 07/06 for $612.21 which bounced by debit card/checking account. I went to the bank and got a letter showing two payments and went to Budget and was told the pre payment changed the agreement of June-July $612.21. So, he saw the payment of $549.09 and deliberately took the $612.21 out of my debit card. I spoke to Daniel Ochoa who advised me to scan or take picture and once her receives it will credit my card. It still does not show to the main company, because Budget, here in Rehoboth, pocket the money. Daniel never received all the papers. Instead it went to Mario Mo, from Email Customer Service who stated $50.00 was not charged. I sent all pages of all agreement from the beginning. So, this $50.00 was not a problem wherever he saw that. I have had other issues with this location, but that is not important. The major one is being told he saw the payment of $548,09 and still took another payment out 07/07/18, $612.21 which bounced my debit account and fortunately when the late fee was going to add from the bank, Ralph got his Disability Social Security Check in. I sent another copy again to Daniel Ochoa and no luck. Then I went back to WSFS and sat almost until closing the regular person would not even see me. Later I was told to sit where the phone could be heard. That person was so busy and did not know the story. She took control and spoke to someone who gave her the payments. That person did not give her the last payment of $612.21. All the payments that I do goes to the main company, but not this one, because it is a second payment for 07/07/18-08/07/18. The representative from the bank said the same thing the first one said who did the letter of the two payments and all of the statements. That she should charge me for this. I left and went to a different WSFS, Millsboro, DE. I saw Derrell Williams, NMLS# 1750259 and went over everything. He called he explained was given the phone to explain again the reason they do not see the second payment is because the Rehoboth Budget pocket the money. I explained the conversation with Daniel Ochoa in getting the money back. Instead of faxing the information of proof he emailed it. I told him that was what I was doing. He was better off in emailing the info. He wouldn't listen to me. He was told I would receive the $612.21 in three days. It is three days and it is not on my debit. I am on a program for oil and now I am off the program with a $60.00 late fee, because I was to pay. We both are on Social Security and my husband can not work, because of Congestive Heart Failure and other complications. I can not stand long, because of no meniscus in my right knee. I still have not gotten the surgery. I need the $612.21 placed back on my debit card. You can contact the bank, Derrell Williams, 302-360-0020 to get my debit info or any other proof you need. I need that money of $612.21. I will be returning the car back either 08/6 or 7th. I have to call them. I will join the Senior Center to get rides until I can save up the $4000.00 to get my car fixed. I spent a total from Dec 2017, to Aug. 6, 2018 $5,309.89. I do not have credit now, because of giving up the house and showing the bank of a letter from the cancer doctor my mother needed 24 hours care. She passed away in Aug., 2015. I have gone through (3) Attorneys regarding the will. The siblings fought it by saying she was not in her right mind. The siblings now own the house and can live in here until I die, but they are not paying any repairs, insurance, taxes, or any bills pertaining to what an owner is to pay. This is my last change so please call Derrell Williams if you need anything and have it faxed to you. 302-360-0020 dwsilliams2@wsfsbank.com. I was told I would receive the money in three days. I have not received it. My next step is to go the Attorney General's Office, Department of Justice. My phone number is 302-278-7077. I have bills that need to be paid and this caused me to go off the program for the oil and got a $60.00 late fee. I have my mother's golden retriever who needs her hair cut that I was planning to do, but could not. I can not attach an image to the complaint, because I do not know how. Please contact Derrell Williams at the bank. He will know how to do that.

My Budget agree number is 796981673/ Confirmation number is 35743781US3. This is the second time with Budget and not good. I rented on line and decided I would get my insurance when I got to airport rather than pay for something ahead before we even got to CMH. Fist my flight was late 11/2 hours, then get to Budget counter no one there, sign says go to Avis--only 2 people working a line that I stood in for 11/2 hours before I got served. Then the agent could not speak English well was EXREMELY hard to understand. He charges me $263.92 for insurance which was $30 per day and if I would have known this would have bought on-line for $8-$9 a day this is absolutely ABSURD and misrepresentation as I mentioned this to agent he says only insurance we have, so after already waiting 11/2 hours in line we needed to leave as we were late. Agent then gives be paperwork for the car, go outside to get car and find its the wrong license number, so I go back in and line still long and people will not let you slid into line even though I had just been there, so ran I go down outside, he said I will go find the car that belongs to you--just unreal at this point. I feel this was an overcharged billing and service was horrendous with only 2 people working the long line at that time. Avis and Budget together was no handled very well surely someone knew of the rentals on the books at Budget and Avis and should have been prepared. My bill was $696.88 and almost half was insurance unnecessarily. I want a better experience with Budget because I use you when in C MH and would other places we travel but this time and previous time in CMH with a charge for an Upgrade I did not request (that was rectified by Budget and I thank you. This time warrants the same, inconvenience service time, outrages insurance coverage, being given wrong car at start and fortunately I checked as cars were the same color and model and I was not the only one getting wrong car as I witensed similar with other customers as I was there 11/2 hours to pick up car I had rented over month in advance. Please review and hope that you can find some satisfaction for me and my wife. Thank you.
Melvin R Potter
2662 Saratoga Ave.
LHC, AZ 86406
928-453-6473

I had a reservation for a Ford Fiesta or similar for today (June 28) to Sunday (July 1). My confirmation number was 37550264US3. I understand that things sometimes happen and not everything always goes well. However, my complaint is not that my reservation was not honored (which it wasn't). My complaint is the attitude of the two men at the counter. I walked up to the counter and stood in line. One person was in front of me. And another agent was "caring" for another customer. When the person in front of me finished the agent just immediately turned around and walked off without saying a word. He went out the back door and did not come back. I stood there waiting. Nothing was said. He just looked at me, turned around and walked out. I wasn't sure if I should wait or get in the other line or what. I stood there waiting. The customer with the other agent finished and I looked at the agent. He didn't say anything. I waited for an awkward amount of time and then asked him if he was working. He did not like the question and became defensive. There were only about three customers in the entire area. They were not busy. I began to angry myself. I told him I had a reservation and asked if he could help me. He asked my name and then told me, "you know you have a smart car, right?" I didn't know what a smart car was so he showed me a picture and told me that was all they had and that if I wanted a car that was my only choice. He then asked, "Are you going to be going on the highway?" I said, "yes." And, he said, "well you'll have a problem with this on the highway but it's all we've got for you." I went to Thrifty next to them and received a radical contrast in service. They were over the top. It is in your best interest that you check into that particular office (the one that the shuttle goes to from the Phoenix airport). If you look into that office and if you do your due diligence then you will fire at least two of the people working there. If you do not do that then you will have more people with experiences like mine seeing these two men as expressions of you. So, first, Budget did not honor my reservation. If you overlooked something or something got lost in the shuffle no problem. That happens all the time. But I am a professional conflict manager who works with people all over the United States. These agents had no clue about that but they did not care about anyone in front of them in any way at all. Tell them that you have decided to deal with this conflict with a particular customer who is going to do some quality assurance and teach them how to deal with conflict. When I show up we will see if they recognize me! However, you would need to be prepared to pay a hefty price because my fees for Budget just went up considerably!

Within my two-week vacation I had four lost days because I had to exchange cars three times due to dead batteries, inoperable components, and leaking oil. On the first two I had to drive 30 miles to effect the exchanges. For the last two I demanded that Budget deliver a car to me, but both of those leaked so much oil that I could not drive them. Finally I instructed budget to just take the 4th car away. To ensure I could make my flight back home, I rented a on-way drop car from Enterprise - It cost me $75.00 but reliably got me to the airport.

My Case # is 23438366.

This was a very frustrating experience that caused several lost opportunities for my wife and I to be with friends and enjoy planned activities.

I picked up my rental car from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport on Tuesday, March 27 between 5-6 pm. I received a gray jeep, which was very dirty on the outside, and smelled like the inside had been shampooed that day. Since I had been traveling all day, I went straight to the hotel. The next morning, when I started the jeep, it smelled like there was a skunk in the vehicle as the smell of shampoo had left overnight. I have a very busy work schedule this past week and had no time to turn in the vehicle for another one, especially with the heavy traffic. During my time in the DC area, it rained. After the rain I had to clean the windshield, but there was no windshield wiper fluid. I am overly disappointed in my experience with Budget. My fastbreak # is SC564B. I would give the rental agreement number, but cannot read it, as the copy they gave me is illegible. I am returning the vehicle on 31 March 2018.

Noah should not be in a customer service position. My original contract was for $139.76 (24951515US1) and was charged $148.01. I called Ft Myers Budget car rental 1/19/18 at 6:30am to tell then I was over charged and Noah answered. He referred to having a good night, asked where I was calling and he said international after the second time of hearing international I asked him for his location. Not only did he refuse to tell me, he proceeded to say Do YOU WANT TO ASK ME FOR MY AGE or FACEBOOK PROFILE. I am totally offended by his comments. They were unacceptable and uncalled for. He told me his location has nothing to do with the issue. I totally agree however when during the call he references having a good evening it is ONLY NORMAL to ask where I was calling. Needless to say the call was not pleasant, again NOAH should NOT be on the phone speaking to customers and I have been overcharged. Not only do I expect the difference of $8.25 to be credited but I do expect some compensation for Noahs horrible, insulting, unprofessional comments. Please listen to the call, he was unacceptable.

I was budget insurance client, and before I changed to another insurance I lodged a claim with budget insurance regarding the windscreen of my car which was cracked. The budget consultant said I should take my car to glass fit in Rustenburg which is what I did. Rustenburg glass fit fitted the new windscreen but the problem is it was throwing the wind on the lefty side of the car. I lodged the complain with Glass fit and they said I should bring the car for it to be re-fitted, and that's what I did. The car came back with the same problem and it seems to be throwing a lot of wind now. Your urgent help to this regard will be highly appreciated, which might bring me back to your insurance.

Were told it would be a one time charge for driving through Washington Oregon California to a wedding in Vegas we were gone a total of 16 days we were not in California Oregon Washington for 16 days as we did not leave until the next morning gone 15 days they charged me for 16 days each state for a total 880.00 permits for driving on us highway but the highway does not see a cent of that money when i called to tell about the over charges the person in charge of budget Canada.

Anna said u used a lot of miles so those charges are yours to keep sorry u didn't read the contract we were told by the person at the desk it was a one time charge and the had to give permission to go to Nevada i said they gave us permission the reservation was for 570 plus 70 for extra permits when we brought the car back our bill was 1719.99 after 6 phone calls and one to my lawyer one to the credit card company ANNA from budget Canada gave me back 55.for the day we we in our town and 240. cause the person did give us permission to go to Nevada so what was 1719.99 -280 =1439.99 for 16 days for a Toyota corolla biggest rip off ever will never use budget rental cars ever again.

I rented a truck from Budget Rent a car on Thursday January 15, 2015. I walked into the Office of Orem, Utah at 12:30pm and began filling out the paper work. The man behind the counter had me initial and sign it without going over it. He was friendly but very inexperienced. He wasn't sure what the paperwork meant and wasn't even sure where I had to sign. His co-worker had to help him from time to time, although it was quick and very watered down information. So we proceed to the truck and inspected it cosmetically. Outside it seemed fine, there were of course small scratches, some small dents, dirt; evidence of a used 10ft moving truck. He had me turn on the key, but only to the accessories to see the mileage and gas.

A small orange light came on in the right corner in the shape of a trailer and I asked what that was. He said he didn't know but that all lights come on before you start any vehicle. So, I didn't think anything of it and asked him if the truck would make it to my destination, Colorado springs. He said yes. So i turned on the truck, the light never went off. I left the lot noticing a loud semi-grinding sound, but thinking it was normal (I have never rented a truck before nor even know enough about cars to even begin determining mechanical issues). Saturday I had my mother and step father help us take our load to Colorado Springs, Colorado. We made a stop in price so my step father could use the restroom and as we began moving again, the truck got really quiet.

After about 15 to 20 minutes out of price, something popped sounding like a car horn and the truck began to swerve dangerously. I noticed it from my rear view mirror and immediately pulled over. After making a few calls to budget and their emergency road side number a little after 12:30 pm Saturday, we finally got the mechanic there at 1:30. When it was determined it was the rear axle, they called for a tow truck. The tow truck did not show up until almost 5pm. Meanwhile, I was running out of water and food for my infant and toddler in the middle of nowhere.

My mother has a medical condition and was beginning to feel drowsy as well as nauseous. She fell down a couple of times going back and forth from the truck to the car. So finally at 3pm we got sick of waiting and getting really hungry; my husband stayed with the truck while I began to take my step father, mother and my children to Green River, Utah. Half way there I got a text message from FleetNet saying the tow truck would be there in less than an hour. So, we turned around and waited for another hour and a half for it to get there. When he finally did get there, he told use we were being taken to a weight station because Budget/ FleetNet was blaming us for "overloading" the truck. At this point being livid beyond all reason, we finally get to Green River.

Turns out we were 800lbs Under the max weight. I was so angry that it took that long for them to get someone out there and to find out we were being dragged through more hoops was really making me angry. We had to rent a hotel and buy dinner, which FleetNet told me I would be reimbursed for that. I called FleetNet at 6:30 mountain time Sunday morning to see where we were at. The truck hadn't been located yet and wasn't located until about 11; at the time of check out. Thankfully, the hotel let us stay until the maids had to clean the room which would be at 2 or 3pm.

I would like to point out again, that no paperwork was ever explained to me, no one ever told me what the max weight was and the fact that the company wanted to blame me is sickening. Budget/ FleetNet will not get away with this. Someone could have been seriously injured or even killed.

Needless to say, I am livid and I will be filing a lawsuit against Budget for failing to comply with inspection routines and against their FleetNet company for putting people's lives at risk having us wait there for hours in the middle of no where and then trying to blame us for the damage to the truck. I would like to note that even the mechanic that showed up said that this was the fault of FleetNet and Budget, that this has happened before and more than it should. I was scheduled for a job offer today, January 18, 2015 and yet I am still sitting here in Green River. If I lose that offer I will be including that in my legal complaint, as well as my husband's. I want all my money back and I will Never recommend this company to anyone. I will never use this company again either.

Have feedback for Budget Cars?