Customer Satisfaction Results

Best Buy

Complaint Department

Filed by Angeline Pinnine on Jan 27, 2015
Consumer Rating

I bought a dryer in the Boca Raton, Fl store on 1/06/15 I have had nothing but problems with this deliver Since I bought in Florida and was delivered in Watertown, Ma, I got a email that the dryer was cancelled then a email that it was reordered then cancelled then reordered. The date was to be 1/11/15 then 1/19/15 then 1/23/15 which is done. I called to have gas line and vent for the dryer cancelled . I had a call to go to the store in boca raton to sign for the return items once 1/24/15 told they did not have the info returned 1/27/ told that the vent was taken off but not the gas line. I have four calls to customer service and two to appliance three trips to the Boca Raton store Best Buy has adds that you are the best please tell me if you think I have been treated very well by your company. Please send me a email about these problems.

6 customers agree with this feedback

Do you agree? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Best Buy?

Compare Best Buy to Similar Electronics Stores more...

Best Buy Customer Feedback Trending Now

142 Best Buy consumers have created complaints against Best Buy to date. Need to report poor customer service? Use our free Best Buy complaint form to share your review. Need to contact Best Buy corporate headquarters? Find office address, phone number, and email information here.

Consumer Rating

My Problem is shopping off of the website and buying such a large item sight unseen. I cant say that this is a complaint directly about Best Buy but I need Best Buy to relax their policy for me this one time. I purchased a refrigerator for the first time my refrigerator went out and so I was under pressure to make this decision that would be costly and fast. When I arrived to the store I had no idea how much these units cost ( I live on a tight budget) but I knew I needed this item. One of my dreams is to get my kitchen remolded with new counter tops, refurnish my , new sink and new appliances. I wanted to do this all at once, having the time to decide just what would fit my needs a capture my heart without breaking the bank. But there I was in the store about to make what I considered as a major purchase. While the item I saw on line was in the store put was not on the floor it was a Fridgedare 22.6 cu ft refrigerator with an ice maker on the outside something my child always wanted.

I purchased it sight unseen and once I got home it dawned on me that the unit may not fit into the slot that I had. Looking at the specs I noticed it said that the height was slightly over 68” which would not work for that space. So the next day I returned to Best Buy and exchanged the item for a Whirlpool note that the Whirlpool was not in stock either it had to be shipped from a warehouse and there was no floor model to see , so I purchased this too sight unseen . When the whirlpool arrived I was relieved to have a refrigerator. About a week later I went to my family member’s home to retrieve my frozen goods that they stored for me during this unexpected ordeal. Too my dismay the food I once housed into my old unit would not fit into my new unit. I had to give over half of the frozen items away because I had no room for them. So that the end I still lost. So here is the kicker today at work in the break room is the Frigidaire unit I wanted. I opened it and wow! What room …what space…I fell in love….but then I remembered why I pass it up it wouldn’t fit in the space I had…or would it. I notice that the even though the measurement stated the height of the unit slight above 68” that that was only for the doors.

The height of the body part of the unit was well under the 68” enough to fit into the space I needed. So now what can I do. So I called the Best Buy store I purchased it from I told them that I purchased the refrigerator and that it was slightly over the 15 day return exchange policy but I wanted the other unit badly. The two refrigerator cost the same amount in fact the lower the cost of the Whirlpool to match the cost of the Frigidaire because it needed to wait for it to arrive. I know that I should have moved quicker in making my decision that is my fault but have a heart Best Buy I’m not asking for money back all I want is the Frigidaire that I wanted from day one. If I show them both on the floor I would have made my choice then I would have seen that the measurement of the door was what the company was disclosing and that I would have been happy from day one. But now I have a unit that is too small for storage and makes me not so happy to see. Please have a heart and bend your policy just this once. You are a huge company and people would like to know that you think of us consumers has people and not just as numbers.

Consumer Rating

My husband and I bought a dishwasher on 4/6/2015 and was told that it had to be ordered and would be installed on 4/11/2015. Well, on that Saturday ( 4/11) the man (Craig) called and then came to our house and walked in and said quote "I cannot put your dishwasher in today because I don't have a pipe long enough. I'll call you on Monday." He left the dishwasher in the middle of my living room floor. He called on Monday evening a little after 6 p.m to say he would be out Tuesday to install our dishwasher. Well, my son had my truck and was gone to work and about 12:50 I took my dogs outside, and I went to go check my mail to see Craig's van sitting in my drive way. This man did NOT knock on my door, ring the door bell or nothing; if he had knocked or rang the door bell my dogs would have started barking.

I went to the back and let in my dogs to put them in my bedroom and when I went back out front, he was gone. I called XP Last Mile and I called the store, Best Buy, here in Wilmington, NC. I got NO WHERE with either place. The store manager here in Wilmington wanted to take my name and phone number to call me back because they said that he was busy with a customer....REALLY?! Somehow he was aware of the problem, and I had not even talked to him. When I called XP Last Mile, the girl put me on hold; now I know why. She called and talked to the manager of Best Buy Store (Sean). That is the ONLY way he (Sean) could have been aware of my complaint. Sean would not talk to me but he talked to these people, says a lot about his being professional. So I called best Buy Corp. offices and spoke to a guy there. He was very nice and told me that he was sending me a $50.00 gift card and would follow thru on the complaint. He put me on hold and when he came back he said quote "I called XP Last Mile and told them to send someone else to your home and to call you before he was to come out."

Well, on Wednesday, Craig, who was not suppose to come out by what Sean at your Corp. Office had told me, came back to my home. He NEVER called before coming to my home and when he came in and replaced my dishwasher, he left wet paper towels under my sink and water all over my floors. It went from my kitchen through my living room right on out my front door, and Craig NEVER bothered to clean up after himself. I called Best Buy Corp. Office again to speak to Sean and he was not there yet, so I talked to Drew and told him what I just told you. He assured me that he would give the message to Sean so he could call me back. I left my name and phone number with him to give to Sean and to this date 4/20/2015 Sean has NOT called me back.

I'm am so mad with Best Buy and this XP Last Mile group. I have told everyone that I have talked to NOT to buy a dishwasher from you guys. I told Sean that I wanted my $139.99 back due to fact of all the hell I've been through just to get a dishwasher installed. I guess I should have contacted the Better Business Bureau along with everyone else. I would like to hear back from someone about my complaint. I do have a justifiable complaint at that. We went back to Best Buy because we had bought a washing machine from you guys and had great service but NOT this time and I can tell you trying to buy me off with $50.00 gift card isn't going to be enough with me!!

Consumer Rating

I bought a dishwasher from Best Buy in November 2014 from the Pottstown, PA location. After it was installed, it worked for about 3 weeks, then totally broke down. I called Best Buy numerous times to cancel the order & have it returned. It took several weeks before they came out to pick it up, but they finally picked it up on 1/8/15. The customer service department assured me that after it was returned, my account would be credited for the full amount. I had made only one payment on the credit card, due to fact it was being returned.

After about 3 weeks, I called & the account was not credited. In addition, the Best Buy Credit Card department called me several times to ask for a payment. I explained the full situation that this item was being returned, therefore, I would not be making any more payments & to note this information on my file. Two days later, I received a bill with a late charge. I called customer service several more times after this, & each different person I spoke to said they knew nothing about this, & there were no notes on my file. However, Best Buy sent my husband an email stating that they did receive the dishwasher back & a credit would be coming soon.

In the meantime, I received several calls in the next few weeks (honestly every other day) asking me for a payment. Not one representative I spoke to said there was anything on my file indicating the item was returned. A few weeks later I received another bill with a second late charge. I called the actual store I purchased the item from & they said they did not know what I should do.

Finally in April, a credit came through, but they did not credit the entire amount. Even worse than all of the time I have wasted on phone calls, is that my credit rating was adversely affected. I tried to apply for a car loan & was not approved as it stated this charge changed my credit rating from Good to Fair, so I could not get the loan on my own. I am furious beyond belief. I don't know if anyone in authority will ever see this, but I would never enter a Best Buy store again for any reason.

Consumer Rating

I bought a 60 inches Samsung TV last September and the service plan for $200, all together $2000 dollars. Last March 21st the TV was dropped by accident by my 7 year old, and the screen was minimally damage, but enough to affect the screen. And now, I can watch, all distorted or no image. I called Geek Squad they came and said we don't handle accidents, and we can do nothing, and the technician left with good bye. I have check with MicroCenter, competition and they have said their guarantee cost the same and includes accidents and is for 3 years. The Protection Plan sold by Best Buy Geek Squad is a rip off. I believe that the right thing would had been to repair or replace my TV. I hope you can reach back to me.

Consumer Rating

I purchased a Vizio 48 in flat screen tv and was told by the lead salesmen in the department that if I purchased the insurance for it and it get knock off of if someone punch my tv the insurance will replace it. The tv got knock off and now the salesman has lied about telling me this and they a have a new manger and it happen before his time. I have called the the custmer service number been put on hold, spoke to someone name Evet Taylor who says she will call me back its been over 24 hours and have not called back. On Friday 17th have been just tranfered from one person to another and then the last one agent Tiffany had the nerves to tell me to call the manufacturer . I told her I'm paying Best Buy for the insurance! I want my tv replaced or fixed.

Consumer Rating

My wife went to the Midwest City Ok. store to make a payment on our account. The clerk asked for her drivers license and since my wife is not named on the account the clerk refused to take the payment. My wife returned home and I had to drive the 16 miles to the store. My wife was not on the card when she used it to buy a $600. camera but now she can't make a payment. This makes no sense.

Consumer Rating

Ordered a 7 inch tablet online with the 1yr warranty # 4419883966 on 3/3/15 we took it back 4/16/15 we never got it to working. This store in Amarillo stole money from me for the original tablet total cost was 135.48 trace #13622.Refund total is only 84.39. This is nothing but out and out Theft. We are telling every one we know on Facebook, church postal etc do not buy anything from Best buy as they do not honor geek squad or stores policies

Consumer Rating

Ok we have bought 2 items from the store here in Lake Charles and something went wrong with both items. The first was a bundle pack with a tablet charger and case. When the tablet messed up I brought it back to be looked at and was told it was never purchased in the bundle so they could not do anything. The next item we bought and tried to return was a tone Bluetooth headset. The incompetent clerk who checked us out at the register messed up on the receipt and saying that it had been voided and we hadn't purchased the Bluetooth nor the 2 year warranty we purchased with it. Is this common store practice so you dont have to replace or repair items when they are broke or defective? Is this how it is done? One very dissatisfied and angry customer .... Duane Spearance

Consumer Rating

My name is Tasha 3 years ago I walk into best buy and bought my first laptop computer then I ask about a dragon naturally speaking system. Which I also purchased when I got it home I tried to install the dragon only to find it had no cd drive and the customer service rep told me it did not only did best buy not take the computer back but didn't give me my money back neither. So I kept it only now to find out now without the cd sleeve I cant program it to my computer. I was told to go back to best buy I did the girl at the customer service desk said I didn't need it only the numbers on the back of the box I call 18773145225 nothing I called 16129657670 nothing. I spent 100.00 dollars and I can't even use it .I love my computer I found so much with the chrome google book. But I have no idea what to do with the dragon.can I return it for a new one.

Consumer Rating

on 04/09/15 I went to Best Buy to buy a Nikon lens for Nikon d3200 camera. Got there about 1:30 pm was directed to camera lens section. I waited in section for over 25 mins and was not ask if I was being waited on etc. Finally, after waiting for over half an hour, I walked the front of the store and ask for a manager. A manager finally arrived and made some excuse about shift change i didnt by that the lens I was going to buy cost $1700 to 5000 dollars. Apparently they didn't want to sell me this lens (wide angle lens )for my d3200 niko camera. I buy a lot of things from best buy afer this experience. I think if their staff kick ass even just to see if people are being served

Consumer Rating

A lap top repair (replace screen) began on Feb 19, 2015 and it has been sent back and forth to the service center multiple times due to the incompetence of the service center and at one point the lap top was also not able to be found and was actually in the store where the repair began (additional incompetence)! I've already spoken with the store's General Manager (Ken) and he was anything but helpful. So, now in an attempt to rectify the situation the store involved (Frisco, TX) has offered to replace the lap top and transfer the data from the old system for the original price of the screen repair. Nice offer (made by John, the Geek Squad MGR) except for the issue with re-installing MicroSofet Office 2013. The Microsoft Office package was something that was added by BestBuy, charged for by BestBuy, paid to BestBuy and not the manufacturer (Asus) and now the package can not be re-installed without a MicroSoft code that I do not have or have ever had. So, why am I going to have to pay for the office package again? I have the original receipt that shows a MicroSoft serial number but this number is of no use in this situation. All I want is to be able to use my lap top in a normal manor and I can't really believe the amount of time, grief and hurdles that I've had to go through!

Consumer Rating

This afternoon, I brought over a new computer to the Geek Squad to transfer data from my old computer which was no longer functional to a new computer, and the man gave me excellent service. And then I WAITED 20-25 minutes for YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM to function properly and print out the new data. The problem was in your computer software which the man said needed to be updated. Here you have some of the best computer tech guys in the world and YOUR OWN COMPUTER NETWORK WAS WHAT HELD US UP!
IT NEEDS TO BE UPDATED AND FIXED!

Consumer Rating

I went to the store today 4/7/2015 to buy a fax machine and a printer. The associate Edgar #1058477 waited on me. He told me that there were no fax machines anymore that all that was available were the all in one with fax, printer and scan abilities. So I listened to him and took his advice I bought the HP Envy 7640 all in one printer series because he recommended it. He also stated that it was easy to install and I should have no problems making it work for me. After opening the package plugging everything in and looking at the instructions for the CD provided the instructions said that if I had internet it would be better than using the CD provided. So I went to the site and with some work I got the fax to work and the printer. The Scanner however is not working I have gone through every bit of the instructions again and there are no specific instructions to fix the scanner or make it work.

The Printer just says that there is no computer connected. So I called the store after approximately 5:30 I started the installation approximately 2:00. 3 1/2 hours seems like a very long time to do simple steps that I followed with an associate to a tee. The agent transferred me to the Geek Squad they wanted me to bring it back also they had no info to help me. I just paid 225.89 for something that no one can help me with over the phone. What a shame. So I have 15 days to bring it back I am going to try a few more times than I will bring it back get a refund and go else where maybe another company that sells these products will be able to help me.

Consumer Rating

I was returning my "Apple IPhone 6" to the same agent that sold it to me. The reason for the return was that it was too High Tech for me, I needed to down grade, I tried to get 2 other phones, Out of Stock. I called before I took the ride from MA-- NH and the Lady I spoke to told me there were 3 in stock? I tried one more model & it only came in Black, no Thank You, (I had to return the case 2 x's because they were defective, water went through & did not close tight. Those were returned @ the service desk. No Problem) I spent a lot of time trying get a New Apple I-Phone. So I went ahead to return my Apple I Phone. While Best Buy 0534 was waiting on me I asked him to be sure there was not any mistakes in the credit on my Credit Card because I did not have my Reading Glasses with me. I did not want to return again, only to buy a new I Phone. I had my Granddaughter, she was checking everything, but I could not see the screen. The man who had come over & sat beside him said "Why would any store give a customer 1/2 Credit back I have never heard of such a thing" in the MOST Nasty tone of VOICE. "That isn't what I said" & answered him back & told him to mind his own business. He did not stop with Nasty remarks. I was getting very upset & he knew it. He just did not stop! We argued more. I went to the Store Manager & told him everything.

Consumer Rating

I have ben in to the Temecula Best Buy ( on Temecula pkw ) # time this month to bye a tv ( 50") and an xbox 1 for my kids. All there times I have ben there I have not got anyone to help me. I have asked and ben told they would be right with me but then never show up. This is the last time. I will never BE BACK! NEVER!!!!

Consumer Rating

Bought a washer and dryer it was delivered yesterday. Did one load of laundry grease came out of bottom made noises and would not get water or spin water out of clothes called store I was on hold over forty minutes was told I would have to wait 24 hours for someone to call me and they were using an outside repair person I need new washer delivered!

Consumer Rating

I purchased a HP laptop for my daughter. while setting up the laptop it got a virus. Your geek squad informed me there was nothing they could do for me,accept charge me $200.00 to repair it.I have spent quite a bit of money over the years at Best Buy, but you will never see me in your store again.

Consumer Rating

They told me they no longer due exchanges in store and would ship me my product in six days. Never have I had this happen before with Geek Squad.

Consumer Rating

Went in to replace some beat solo 2s and was told I could still purchase a protection plan and after he did the exchange, he then says he forgot that best buy no longer offered protection plan for beats, so I talked to manager and store manager, they could not help me out, very upset with them.

Consumer Rating

Yesterday I went to the best buy in Willow Grove and went to the mobile department to get my iPhone 5 battery replaced. I have had insurance through best buy for about 2 years now and the person who sold it to me said that if I have issues with the battery, or circuit shorts, or cracked screens, etc. that I could get my phone fixed free of charge. Yesterday the two gentlemen at the counter tell me that they don't replace batteries here and that best buy never hired someone certified to do that. They told me to go to Geek Squad and they will replace the phone for free since I have insurance through them. When I go over to Geek Squad and I told the employee what the 2 other men said to me he proceeds to say "Man, I seriously need to go over there and tell these guys how to do their job!" He proceeds in an annoyed tone to tell me that I have 2 options 1. send my phone and get a new phone in 2 weeks (I can't just be phone less for two weeks!!) and 2. pay $250 to get a new phone expressed and then be reimbursed.

These two options do me no good! Why am I Paying over $180 a year to get my phone fixed with any issues I may experience that go wrong with my phone? This is not even the first time I've come across this problem I had another issue I had with my iPhone 5 when I bought it from there April of 2013. I was told to take my phone to Apple. Luckily Apple at that time replaced my phone for free b/c of a short circuit with the power button. One thing is for sure i will be canceling my insurance and I will no longer use Best Buy Mobile service! This is absolutely ridiculous that the workers are telling customers lies when purchasing insurance, when you try to use it it's worthless! I will no longer even purchase my phones from best buy either.

Contact the Best Buy Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Best Buy. What is their corporate mailing address?

• 7601 Penn Ave
    • Richfield
    • MN 55423
  • I want to call the Best Buy customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

612-291-1000
  • I need to visit the Best Buy company website. What is their website address?