Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by Angeline Pinnine
Jan 27, 2015 - Boca Raton, FL
Poor

I bought a dryer in the Boca Raton, Fl store on 1/06/15 I have had nothing but problems with this deliver Since I bought in Florida and was delivered in Watertown, Ma, I got a email that the dryer was cancelled then a email that it was reordered then cancelled then reordered. The date was to be 1/11/15 then 1/19/15 then 1/23/15 which is done. I called to have gas line and vent for the dryer cancelled . I had a call to go to the store in boca raton to sign for the return items once 1/24/15 told they did not have the info returned 1/27/ told that the vent was taken off but not the gas line. I have four calls to customer service and two to appliance three trips to the Boca Raton store Best Buy has adds that you are the best please tell me if you think I have been treated very well by your company. Please send me a email about these problems.

Have you had problems with Best Buy?

Compare Best Buy to Similar Electronics Stores more...

Top 150 Reviews about Best Buy

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Best Buy customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Horrible

I have shopped at Best Buy for years and consider it to be a good store to find anything electronic. I was just in the Pineville NC store and was appalled at the apathy the workers showed and to be honest just basic rudeness.

I had trouble getting anyone to help me when I first came in. Normally I know where to go but I live in Greensboro, NC. I finally just walked up to someone and they told me where to find my item but I was an obvious interruption to their day.

Finally, I get my item, I'm ready to checkout and there is NO ONE at the checkouts. I stand there confused but no one tells me what to do. Finally, I find a sign at the very end of the checkouts saying go to customer service which is no where close to the checkouts.

Well, here is the final insult. The woman who checked me out was Monica (African American probably 25) who is rude (mainly in an unresponsive way) but also chewing gum very loudly in my face. When she asked for my best buy shoppers card, I responded I didn't have it with me and she rolled her eyes at me and asked for my phone number.

I just felt like the whole experience should have been better. The one shining moment was the lady at the door when I left. She was older and very friendly and thanked me for shopping at BB and to have a great day. She is the only reason I'm even giving this one star. When you spend hard earned money you expect better.

Horrible

I went to Best Buy to purchase a new phone. I wanted to upgrade to either a Samsung Galaxy S6 or a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge as I already had the Samsung Galaxy S5 for quite some time.

After speaking with someone in the Samsung department, I was convinced the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge would be my phone of choice if it held up to vigorous use. After speaking with someone in the mobile department, I decided to either rent or purchase the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge as I was assured the phone was durable, had no issues and a full replacement warranty policy was available if I wanted to pay for it.

Since I have purchased several new phones from Best Buy and always done the same basic procedure to get one, I purchased the phone, a case, a screen protector and a replacement policy should anything happen to the phone. Although I was confused why I HAD to purchase the phone rather than take advantage of the lease/rental option, I made the purchase and had the mobile department set my phone up.

My current number was to be put on the new phone, but I was told I needed to go to a Sprint store to have them put my number on my new phone, so I left the store with a new unactivated phone with a screen saver installed by the Geek Squad and several accessory items.

I used the phone for two days and was disappointed to see the screen saver starting to peel. Since I was told I had a few days to have the screen saver reinstalled at no cost, I went to the store to have it replaced. As I got out of my vehicle, I accidently dropped the phone and when I picked it up, I noticed it was flashing an array of colors.

I noticed that although I had a screen saver on the screen and the phone protected in a flip case, the screen was destroyed on the upper tight hand corner. Further disappointment followed as I went into the store to show them what happened to my phone. I was told that if I wanted to make a claim, I would need to pay a $200 dollar deductible. I was then informed that although they had NO contract to show me where I agreed to pay $200 deductible, I had to pay it if I wanted a phone.

I had never experienced this before and I was taken back by shock! Does this mean that every time my phone is slightly dropped, it will crack and I will need to pay another $200 deductible?

Since I was told I had several days to return the phone if I didn't like it, I then decided to pay the $200 dollar deductible, replace the phone and replace it with a hopefully more durable standard Samsung Galaxy S6. I was then informed that although they had NO contract to show me because "it is all electronic" and no warranty stating "the return time frame was void if I had a replacement phone for the one that broke"

Later they stated that I was given a hard copy of the Geek Squad policy, but I had NOT been. I was then told I would be E-mailed a copy of the document I had signed and a copy of the warranty stating I cannot return an exact replacement item issued by Best Buy.

I am extremely disappointed with the attitude and service I have received and surprised Best Buy would do this since I spend thousands with them every year! I know the majority of the people by face and several by name now! Is this now the new normal for Best Buy??

Good

My granddaughter needed an adapter for her laptop when to the Best Buy in Hialeah Fl. and was looking for the one she originally had since I saw it on their website. When she went to the store they said they didn't carry that one and sold her a more expensive one she even showed them the ad and they just shrugged it off. I guess Best Buy is into False advertising now. I suggest you check out store #555 and see what's going on. Thank you for any consideration in this matter.

Horrible

I purchased two laptops online with store pic up the next day. Total price for both was $504.78. Whenever there is action on my card I get a text from my bank, within a minute. Right on time I got an text telling me there was a $504 hold put on the account. The available balance now should show the hold with the pending transaction later.

So about a minute later there is another text for the same amount. Now there are two holds totaling $1008. This has happened before and it messes up the whole account. I'm there at the store picking up the laptops, and for some reason they refunded me $6.48 off the $504. Tis plays a part later in the story.

I asked about the other hold. They were rude and talked to me like I was stupid. I'm 64 freakin years old. They say that they did not charge my card, which is right, But a hold is like spending it. WE go around for a while and they give me a phone number in Atlanta. I'm in the California desert here. So after the robot gets done I explain this whole thing again. They tell me they will send a letter of release.

I need this money. I'm on a fixed income. This account is only for SSI, and a couple pensions to be direct deposited in. I can't add money to it. I have automatic payments coming out and like that. I wait all day and then I call the bank. They got the release form, but the dollar amount was wrong and the authorization number was wrong. Back to the two hour sessions. Best Buy tells me it will drop off in a couple weeks. REALLY??? I tell them I can't wait that long and besides it was there fault it was on there, not mine.

They send another FAX Same thing and the bank cannot accept the number from me, it has to come from Best Buy. In between these FAXes. I'm dealing with really rude and stupid people. So my bank tells me they will FAX them a letter and all they have to do is sign it and return.

So back to pending transaction. So back to Best Buy I go. This time they will not give their FAX number saying the can only send but not receive. I lost it. This is the sixth day SO I go down to the store and demand a refund on the laptops. Just like the movie Ground Hog Day, I explain the whole thing. Then they tell me it will be 3 to 5 business days for the money to be available. I took the laptops back and told them I'm getting some legal advice. And that is where I am now.

Horrible

I bought an iPad and had it 3 weeks and it would not charge. I took it back for a return and they said no because I did not purchase the warranty they had to offer. After I complained again they exchange it with another which I did not want. This is the 2nd iPAD in 3 months that I have bought along with 2 cameras, computer, monitor, vacuum, games and much more. I feel that other stores have 30 days and Best Buy just wants to sell you the warranty. I have the Best Buy card and I want them to know this is the last time I will ever deal with them. Just 1 week over they want to get hateful and not help a loyal customer, that's poor business.

Horrible

I found an ad on Xbox home about a trade in for 360's. ANY 360! "ANY WORKING 360" was the ad.

I take my console up there and it's 15 minutes until they figure out its a 20g. They say trade in value is 0. It's a working 360 but it has 0 value. The service people had no knowledge of this rebate, even tho I had called to ask about it several hrs before, and it was validated fully at that time. I returned home with console and looked up ad again. It said "ANY WORKING 360". I called best buy and spent 20 minutes, 15 of which on hold. Then I'm told it's a minimum of $125 for 'any' followed quickly by $175 for a 250g. Then back to a 20 g having no value.

This was all in one breath with me asking no questions. I fully understand the younger generation is better w computers but when it comes to getting your knowledge correct and customer service, this young generation sucks! I will still buy an xbox1 but I'm in no hurry and will prefer to buy from anyone other than Best buy.

Good

I wanted to buy a new phone and have everything from my old phone transfered over. ( I did this 4 or 5 month ago at the same Best Buy..different salesman). A lady waited on me and said that I would have to wait till another salesperson was through because he was the only one that could do the transfer. I waited till he was through, the customers were looking at a phone and other items much more $$$ that mine. He looked at the phone and told me he couldn't transfer it over to another phone and suggested I go to Walmart or somewhere else. I told his that one of the salesmen did it for me before. He jerked the monitor around and said that it can't be done. Then he got up and left. We just bought a 56in TV and several Christmas present from Best Buy this year and you can believe that we will be looking else where next year, maybe Walmart!

Horrible

My complaint is against Glenn, a member of the geek squad store #30 in St Louis. I bought a tablet there and it got a crack across the bottom. I went to the store to let the geek squad look at it. Glenn took the tablet out the box said someone applied pressure to the back, and that's why it cracked. He was very rude and arrogant. He spoke down to me has if I was stupid, and I inform him that he will not speak to me in that manner. He continue to do so. I didn't receive any customer service from him. I didn't go into the store for a refund, I wanted my tablet repaired.

I asked for the manager and he stated the manager will tell me the same thing, but the manager was helpful. He tried to solve the situation. He gave me a number for the manufacture customer service. This is not the first incident with the geek squad they are arrogant and disrespectful, and they DO NOT! know how to speak to customers. SOMETHING NEED TO CHANGE ! As a consumer spending money with your company, the customer service is HORRIBLE !

Bad

My Problem is shopping off of the website and buying such a large item sight unseen. I cant say that this is a complaint directly about Best Buy but I need Best Buy to relax their policy for me this one time. I purchased a refrigerator for the first time my refrigerator went out and so I was under pressure to make this decision that would be costly and fast. When I arrived to the store I had no idea how much these units cost ( I live on a tight budget) but I knew I needed this item. One of my dreams is to get my kitchen remolded with new counter tops, refurnish my , new sink and new appliances. I wanted to do this all at once, having the time to decide just what would fit my needs a capture my heart without breaking the bank. But there I was in the store about to make what I considered as a major purchase. While the item I saw on line was in the store put was not on the floor it was a Fridgedare 22.6 cu ft refrigerator with an ice maker on the outside something my child always wanted.

I purchased it sight unseen and once I got home it dawned on me that the unit may not fit into the slot that I had. Looking at the specs I noticed it said that the height was slightly over 68” which would not work for that space. So the next day I returned to Best Buy and exchanged the item for a Whirlpool note that the Whirlpool was not in stock either it had to be shipped from a warehouse and there was no floor model to see , so I purchased this too sight unseen . When the whirlpool arrived I was relieved to have a refrigerator. About a week later I went to my family member’s home to retrieve my frozen goods that they stored for me during this unexpected ordeal. Too my dismay the food I once housed into my old unit would not fit into my new unit. I had to give over half of the frozen items away because I had no room for them. So that the end I still lost. So here is the kicker today at work in the break room is the Frigidaire unit I wanted. I opened it and wow! What room …what space…I fell in love….but then I remembered why I pass it up it wouldn’t fit in the space I had…or would it. I notice that the even though the measurement stated the height of the unit slight above 68” that that was only for the doors.

The height of the body part of the unit was well under the 68” enough to fit into the space I needed. So now what can I do. So I called the Best Buy store I purchased it from I told them that I purchased the refrigerator and that it was slightly over the 15 day return exchange policy but I wanted the other unit badly. The two refrigerator cost the same amount in fact the lower the cost of the Whirlpool to match the cost of the Frigidaire because it needed to wait for it to arrive. I know that I should have moved quicker in making my decision that is my fault but have a heart Best Buy I’m not asking for money back all I want is the Frigidaire that I wanted from day one. If I show them both on the floor I would have made my choice then I would have seen that the measurement of the door was what the company was disclosing and that I would have been happy from day one. But now I have a unit that is too small for storage and makes me not so happy to see. Please have a heart and bend your policy just this once. You are a huge company and people would like to know that you think of us consumers has people and not just as numbers.

Bad

My husband and I bought a dishwasher on 4/6/2015 and was told that it had to be ordered and would be installed on 4/11/2015. Well, on that Saturday ( 4/11) the man (Craig) called and then came to our house and walked in and said quote "I cannot put your dishwasher in today because I don't have a pipe long enough. I'll call you on Monday." He left the dishwasher in the middle of my living room floor. He called on Monday evening a little after 6 p.m to say he would be out Tuesday to install our dishwasher. Well, my son had my truck and was gone to work and about 12:50 I took my dogs outside, and I went to go check my mail to see Craig's van sitting in my drive way. This man did NOT knock on my door, ring the door bell or nothing; if he had knocked or rang the door bell my dogs would have started barking.

I went to the back and let in my dogs to put them in my bedroom and when I went back out front, he was gone. I called XP Last Mile and I called the store, Best Buy, here in Wilmington, NC. I got NO WHERE with either place. The store manager here in Wilmington wanted to take my name and phone number to call me back because they said that he was busy with a customer....REALLY?! Somehow he was aware of the problem, and I had not even talked to him. When I called XP Last Mile, the girl put me on hold; now I know why. She called and talked to the manager of Best Buy Store (Sean). That is the ONLY way he (Sean) could have been aware of my complaint. Sean would not talk to me but he talked to these people, says a lot about his being professional. So I called best Buy Corp. offices and spoke to a guy there. He was very nice and told me that he was sending me a $50.00 gift card and would follow thru on the complaint. He put me on hold and when he came back he said quote "I called XP Last Mile and told them to send someone else to your home and to call you before he was to come out."

Well, on Wednesday, Craig, who was not suppose to come out by what Sean at your Corp. Office had told me, came back to my home. He NEVER called before coming to my home and when he came in and replaced my dishwasher, he left wet paper towels under my sink and water all over my floors. It went from my kitchen through my living room right on out my front door, and Craig NEVER bothered to clean up after himself. I called Best Buy Corp. Office again to speak to Sean and he was not there yet, so I talked to Drew and told him what I just told you. He assured me that he would give the message to Sean so he could call me back. I left my name and phone number with him to give to Sean and to this date 4/20/2015 Sean has NOT called me back.

I'm am so mad with Best Buy and this XP Last Mile group. I have told everyone that I have talked to NOT to buy a dishwasher from you guys. I told Sean that I wanted my $139.99 back due to fact of all the hell I've been through just to get a dishwasher installed. I guess I should have contacted the Better Business Bureau along with everyone else. I would like to hear back from someone about my complaint. I do have a justifiable complaint at that. We went back to Best Buy because we had bought a washing machine from you guys and had great service but NOT this time and I can tell you trying to buy me off with $50.00 gift card isn't going to be enough with me!!

Horrible

I bought a dishwasher from Best Buy in November 2014 from the Pottstown, PA location. After it was installed, it worked for about 3 weeks, then totally broke down. I called Best Buy numerous times to cancel the order & have it returned. It took several weeks before they came out to pick it up, but they finally picked it up on 1/8/15. The customer service department assured me that after it was returned, my account would be credited for the full amount. I had made only one payment on the credit card, due to fact it was being returned.

After about 3 weeks, I called & the account was not credited. In addition, the Best Buy Credit Card department called me several times to ask for a payment. I explained the full situation that this item was being returned, therefore, I would not be making any more payments & to note this information on my file. Two days later, I received a bill with a late charge. I called customer service several more times after this, & each different person I spoke to said they knew nothing about this, & there were no notes on my file. However, Best Buy sent my husband an email stating that they did receive the dishwasher back & a credit would be coming soon.

In the meantime, I received several calls in the next few weeks (honestly every other day) asking me for a payment. Not one representative I spoke to said there was anything on my file indicating the item was returned. A few weeks later I received another bill with a second late charge. I called the actual store I purchased the item from & they said they did not know what I should do.

Finally in April, a credit came through, but they did not credit the entire amount. Even worse than all of the time I have wasted on phone calls, is that my credit rating was adversely affected. I tried to apply for a car loan & was not approved as it stated this charge changed my credit rating from Good to Fair, so I could not get the loan on my own. I am furious beyond belief. I don't know if anyone in authority will ever see this, but I would never enter a Best Buy store again for any reason.

Horrible

I bought a 60 inches Samsung TV last September and the service plan for $200, all together $2000 dollars. Last March 21st the TV was dropped by accident by my 7 year old, and the screen was minimally damage, but enough to affect the screen. And now, I can watch, all distorted or no image. I called Geek Squad they came and said we don't handle accidents, and we can do nothing, and the technician left with good bye. I have check with MicroCenter, competition and they have said their guarantee cost the same and includes accidents and is for 3 years. The Protection Plan sold by Best Buy Geek Squad is a rip off. I believe that the right thing would had been to repair or replace my TV. I hope you can reach back to me.

Bad

I purchased a Vizio 48 in flat screen tv and was told by the lead salesmen in the department that if I purchased the insurance for it and it get knock off of if someone punch my tv the insurance will replace it. The tv got knock off and now the salesman has lied about telling me this and they a have a new manger and it happen before his time. I have called the the custmer service number been put on hold, spoke to someone name Evet Taylor who says she will call me back its been over 24 hours and have not called back. On Friday 17th have been just tranfered from one person to another and then the last one agent Tiffany had the nerves to tell me to call the manufacturer . I told her I'm paying Best Buy for the insurance! I want my tv replaced or fixed.

Poor

My wife went to the Midwest City Ok. store to make a payment on our account. The clerk asked for her drivers license and since my wife is not named on the account the clerk refused to take the payment. My wife returned home and I had to drive the 16 miles to the store. My wife was not on the card when she used it to buy a $600. camera but now she can't make a payment. This makes no sense.

Horrible

Ordered a 7 inch tablet online with the 1yr warranty # 4419883966 on 3/3/15 we took it back 4/16/15 we never got it to working. This store in Amarillo stole money from me for the original tablet total cost was 135.48 trace #13622.Refund total is only 84.39. This is nothing but out and out Theft. We are telling every one we know on Facebook, church postal etc do not buy anything from Best buy as they do not honor geek squad or stores policies

Bad

Ok we have bought 2 items from the store here in Lake Charles and something went wrong with both items. The first was a bundle pack with a tablet charger and case. When the tablet messed up I brought it back to be looked at and was told it was never purchased in the bundle so they could not do anything. The next item we bought and tried to return was a tone Bluetooth headset. The incompetent clerk who checked us out at the register messed up on the receipt and saying that it had been voided and we hadn't purchased the Bluetooth nor the 2 year warranty we purchased with it. Is this common store practice so you dont have to replace or repair items when they are broke or defective? Is this how it is done? One very dissatisfied and angry customer .... Duane Spearance

Poor

My name is Tasha 3 years ago I walk into best buy and bought my first laptop computer then I ask about a dragon naturally speaking system. Which I also purchased when I got it home I tried to install the dragon only to find it had no cd drive and the customer service rep told me it did not only did best buy not take the computer back but didn't give me my money back neither. So I kept it only now to find out now without the cd sleeve I cant program it to my computer. I was told to go back to best buy I did the girl at the customer service desk said I didn't need it only the numbers on the back of the box I call 18773145225 nothing I called 16129657670 nothing. I spent 100.00 dollars and I can't even use it .I love my computer I found so much with the chrome google book. But I have no idea what to do with the dragon.can I return it for a new one.

Horrible

on 04/09/15 I went to Best Buy to buy a Nikon lens for Nikon d3200 camera. Got there about 1:30 pm was directed to camera lens section. I waited in section for over 25 mins and was not ask if I was being waited on etc. Finally, after waiting for over half an hour, I walked the front of the store and ask for a manager. A manager finally arrived and made some excuse about shift change i didnt by that the lens I was going to buy cost $1700 to 5000 dollars. Apparently they didn't want to sell me this lens (wide angle lens )for my d3200 niko camera. I buy a lot of things from best buy afer this experience. I think if their staff kick ass even just to see if people are being served

Horrible

A lap top repair (replace screen) began on Feb 19, 2015 and it has been sent back and forth to the service center multiple times due to the incompetence of the service center and at one point the lap top was also not able to be found and was actually in the store where the repair began (additional incompetence)! I've already spoken with the store's General Manager (Ken) and he was anything but helpful. So, now in an attempt to rectify the situation the store involved (Frisco, TX) has offered to replace the lap top and transfer the data from the old system for the original price of the screen repair. Nice offer (made by John, the Geek Squad MGR) except for the issue with re-installing MicroSofet Office 2013. The Microsoft Office package was something that was added by BestBuy, charged for by BestBuy, paid to BestBuy and not the manufacturer (Asus) and now the package can not be re-installed without a MicroSoft code that I do not have or have ever had. So, why am I going to have to pay for the office package again? I have the original receipt that shows a MicroSoft serial number but this number is of no use in this situation. All I want is to be able to use my lap top in a normal manor and I can't really believe the amount of time, grief and hurdles that I've had to go through!

Poor

This afternoon, I brought over a new computer to the Geek Squad to transfer data from my old computer which was no longer functional to a new computer, and the man gave me excellent service. And then I WAITED 20-25 minutes for YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM to function properly and print out the new data. The problem was in your computer software which the man said needed to be updated. Here you have some of the best computer tech guys in the world and YOUR OWN COMPUTER NETWORK WAS WHAT HELD US UP!
IT NEEDS TO BE UPDATED AND FIXED!

Contact the Best Buy Complaint Department