Best Buy

Complaint Department

Most Popular Complaint about Best Buy

Posted by Angeline Pinnine on Jan 27, 2015
Customer Rating

I bought a dryer in the Boca Raton, Fl store on 1/06/15 I have had nothing but problems with this deliver Since I bought in Florida and was delivered in Watertown, Ma, I got a email that the dryer was cancelled then a email that it was reordered then cancelled then reordered. The date was to be 1/11/15 then 1/19/15 then 1/23/15 which is done. I called to have gas line and vent for the dryer cancelled . I had a call to go to the store in boca raton to sign for the return items once 1/24/15 told they did not have the info returned 1/27/ told that the vent was taken off but not the gas line. I have four calls to customer service and two to appliance three trips to the Boca Raton store Best Buy has adds that you are the best please tell me if you think I have been treated very well by your company. Please send me a email about these problems.

6 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Best Buy provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Best Buy?

Customer Satisfaction Results
1.91 out of 5
1.91 out of 5 Stars
119 Consumer Reviews

Best Buy
Contact Information

I want to write a letter to Best Buy. What is their corporate mailing address?

7601 Penn Ave
Richfield, MN 55423

I want to call the Best Buy customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

612-291-1000

I need to visit the Best Buy company website. What is their website address?

More Best Buy Complaints

Customer Rating

Is it true that Best Buy does not offer discounts to veterans and senior citizens? I was informed that it's up to the store manager. I recently purchased a computer at store number 896 in Atlanta, Georgia. The manager stated that he has worked for the company for sixteen years and there were no such discounts to consumers. Thanks!

Customer Rating

I bought a computer desktop Bluetooth speaker from Best buy, the speaker is not function very well I returned it yesterday with my receipt including the 2 years protection plan agreement that I have signed, after the casher processed everything she gave me a gift card as my money refund, I told her to put my money back on my debit card as I used the debit card to buy the item, she said no. Now I'm not buy nothing at best buy now I told her and she replied to me that the gift card doesn't expire, ok in case I lost it? But I need my money back on my debit card that is why I am contacting you for help to put the money back to my debit card for me because this is not really nice to do someone like that. You can give someone a gift card when the person agreed with it or refund the customer the way he or she pay for the item. If it is one year I have to buy something from Best buy then I will keep that gift card for one year it is not sound good. Thank you and I'm waiting your answer.

Customer Rating

My wife and I bought a 50 inch flat screen TV about three months ago and we are now having sound issues. I called Best Buy customer service and was told we only have a fifteen day warranty from Best Buy, that’s a load of crap. When we spent a thousand dollars on TV and 3d player. When we purchased these items we were told we had a one year warranty, not after fifteen days we would have to send back to the manufacture.
The rep. I talked to was named Chris, He was very rude and unprofessional, I asked to talk to a manager, was told he was busy at the moment and would call me back with in ten minutes. Here we are an hour and a half later with no return call. If this is the way Best Buy works I will never shop there again. I am going to tell every one I know that Best Buy are a bunch of cheets and liars. I am also going to send a complaint to the BBB
Brian Rose
451-954-5973

Customer Rating

Just received my new laptop or I thought was new!! My computer guy was getting everything set up for me and called to inform me that a George Kapotsy had already signed in on my "new" computer with a e-mail address and all. So, my new laptop is not new after all......Can you please tell me what the H--- is going on, this laptop was not cheap!

Customer Rating

I received a email from Best Buy about a 2 day. I go to the store the first day early ato pick up a I pad that is on sale for 100.00 off. There are none in the store and none in any of the stores in the state of Fl. I asked about a rain check and was told that they no longer carry this product. This was a sale that you had to shope at the store(not on line).
Why put somethingt on sale that is no longer in stock in ANY of your stores. There should be something that they could offer to make a customer happy, when something like this happens.
Teresa Hardie

Customer Rating

My wife decided to buy me several things for my birthday and christmas combined, when she ordered everything was in stock and ready and available for shipping. A week passes by and we receive this email: "The items listed below are not yet available to be shipped. We expect to ship them within the next 1-2 weeks. We will ship the items sooner if they become available." A month passes by and I receive another email from Best Buy: "We're sorry, the backordered items below remains out of stock and your order has been canceled." I called to find out why it took a month to tell someone they will not be receiving a birthday or christmas present this year but to make it all better they offered me a $20 gift card.

I purchased a 40 inch Dynex TV,i also bought a contract for this item ,on 12/12/2011,it stopped working working, i called the best buy store where i bought it and was told to bring it to the store,after waiting 45 mins i was told they do not service TV,s over 37 inches at the store and that ishould bring it home and call a phone # that they gave me they said some-one would come and repair in my home .The person who came to my home could not repair it and removed it to his shop.It is now one month since this happened and i still do not have a TV.I am 72 years old and disabled and depressed after being alone in my apartment without my TV.

If you check my acct. with Best Buy you will see that i have purchased many item,s from you,including TV,s Computer,s and printers and camera,s,but will proberly not buy from you again.P.S. I hope some-one reads this and gets back to me !! Because $20 suppose to make up for a giftless christmas and birthday. One question they could not answer me was if Best Buy still deals with the company that makes the product, why is it that you can not get the item? Never will I do business with Best Buy ever again.

Hello,
I live in Central New Jersey and work in Menlo Park Mall. On my break around 2pm I stopped into one of Best Buy's Mobile stores that we have to check out the tablets. I am in the process of purchasing a tablet for my younger siblings as a Christmas gift and I wanted information on which tablet would be best for each individual. I'm forgetting the ladies name that helped me, or at least thought she was, but let me tell you something, I have worked in customer service for a long time now and I have NEVER been treated so poorly in my entire life. This lady was not only giving me an attitude about products but when another customer called on the phone she was being rude to them as well! Saying things like " I have a ton of customers in the store, I can't help you with any more questions! (yelling)" I was the only person in the store might I add and even told her, "it's no big deal, help them out first" while she was on the call. She gave me some information that I was looking for but when asked about service for the tablets as well she kept telling me that she "couldn't release certain information or that she would lose her job". I was trying to figure out with cellular carrier would fit me best and which one had better service for my needs. While all the the catawampus behavior was going on she was messing around with something on the computer. Best Buy; please get your representatives under control because I'll guarantee I wasn't the only person she was giving an attitude to.

Customer Rating

I was given a sirus radio for my birthday 2 years ago. Since that time I have returned the radio twice because it has quit working. Guess I should have just asked for a refund but I did enjoy having the portable radio to take on walks. The last time I returned one of the radio was January 11, 2011. It cost over $200.00 and now it has quit again. I took it back to the Bryant, Arkansas Best buy store and asked if I could just exchange it again. The Best buy Store Manager and the employee were very rude and told me I should have taken out insurance on the radio.

I did not remember even being offered insurance they said oh yes we always offer insurance. Now we have spent $200 on a radio which now does not work, Best Buy will not exchange it or anything and Now I know why Best buy may be going out of business that is no way to treat a customer. I will NEVER NEVER buy anything from Best Buy and I feel I should at least be given partial store credit or a new radio or something. POOR POOR Customer Service. I want a respond!!

Customer Rating

I am EXTREMELY unhappy with this company. I recieved a text message at 2:30 am about something i did not sign up for. My phone number is on the DO NOT CALL LIST, yet somehow i was contacted regaurdless of the policy. I never wish to receive anything from Best Buy, especially WHILE SLEEPING. Take my phone number/email/anything regaurding my information OUT OF THE DATABASE

Customer Rating

I took my computer in to Bust Buy Geek Squad at 5th Ave and 44th Street in NYC in late July because the touch pad on my laptop stopped working. The counter worked told me that the problem was serious but fixable and I needed to leave it for a week and purchase plan. Reluctantly I did. A week later I picked up the computer and extended the contract to three years to save money. When I checked the computer the touch pad still didn't work. Another worker came over and tapped the invisible button on the touch pad to turn it on. I didn't know it was there. I told the first worker and he shrugged and walked away. I was told to call the manager the next day to complain. I called all day but the manager didn't come in so I called the main number to cancel the entire transaction. I was told that there would be no problem because it had just happened and I would get a refund. I called 3 weeks later and they can't find the information and nothing has been done.
I consider this transaction a fraud from the start and I want the entire thing cancelled and my money back. If they think I will forget it and go away they have another think coming. I contacted the Credit Card company and reported a fraud but they can't do anything for 30 days. My next move will be to contact the State Attorney Generals office. Now I am finding that some important files are missing and others are duplicated filling up my drives. I don't know what happened to Best Buy because they used to be good. I would never use them again. I give the 0

Customer Rating

after 6 trips to best buy in bastrop tx. at 60 miles one way. not only was i miss lead by the geek squad but after talkied into what i thought would be a good deal for two years contract to fix problems with computers & such, I tried going threw office to explain situation then 3 way conversation with manager at best buy in bastrop tx. and havee gotten nowhere. I took mu desktop comp in which they told me wasnt fixable, my lap top didnt work when i got it home, all my pictures were suppose to be downloaded from iphone to laptop & from miscommunication amoung workers all of my pictures got earased (some where of my mother that can never be replaced, shes not here anymore) before even starting this the geek squad assured me this would not happen. the also tried to talk me into leaving desk screen there for parts cause it was no good, which turned out to be a lie. i have gotten phone appoligies from nick at geek squad as he knows all that went on. at one point i had to stay there after the store hours were closed an employees waiting to go home cause i new geek employee was still working on it. i have never had service like this, im already in your computer trying to get results on this matter

Customer Rating

Dear Best Buy, We are writing this letter to express our concern and dismay re: a purchase we made at Best Buy on 5/28/07. You sold us a 55 inch Sony T.V KDS-55A2020 manufacture date April 2007. We paid $2,700. We were told at the time by your staff that this was a reliable dependable T.V. They also recommended that we purchase a 4 year warranty because we were told that to replace the lamp on this would cost $250 a lamp and the lamps were to be replaced with Sony lamps.

We trusted your sales rep. so we did purchase the T V and the 4 year warranty at the total cost of $2700. In the past four years we have had the T V lamps replaced twice (the Geek squad replaced them with Philips lamps instead of Sony lamps as recommended by Sony.) Since the replacement of the last lamp our T V screen got increasingly more green. We went on line to see if we could find out some information re: this issue. It was only then that we found out that our T.V. was part of a recall and class action suit. There were major issues with the Optical block.

I have tried sevrial times to resolve this issue with sony on the phone but no luck. I have a sony KDS-50A200 TV with a bad optial block and just want tv fixed or replaced and all they offer is a replacement at a dicounted price. which is not dicounted much at all. So I'm just going to buy a different Brand and file a lawsuite against Sony. They had a recall and class act on theese tv but did not notify any owners who had one of the recall or class act. I can get no response or call back from sony on issue.So if Sony get this message who can I or my lawyer contact about a complaint or lawsuite since your website has no where to do this .

Our issue is that neither best buy or the Geek squad ever told us about the problem with the Optical Block. Your store sold us a defective T V and at no time, even when we had the geek squad here to fix the lamps did you inform us that there was a known issue with the T V. Now, we feel, because of your disrespect for the customer, we had to purchase their replacement T.V at $675. You failed to protect your consumers to gain profit…Shame on You.

Customer Rating

On the day before all the black friday shopping was to take place I got on line and saw what I thought was a great deal on
BESTBUY.COM. They had advertised a 55 in samsung 1080 240hz led tv for 799.00. I thought great deal and purchased it. I was so happy that i didn't have to go stand in Fridays lines and try to get one somewhere else. I recvd an email the day of purchase 11/22/12 stating exactly what I had ordered and that It would be delivered 12/1/12. So 11/30/12 the day before delivery I recvd an email stating they had made a mistake and the tv I had purchased 8 days prior was not the one that was supposed to be on sale on their website. Wow really? Well I called customer service and was told by a floor supv " Im sorry but the tv you ordered will not be arriving at your house tommorrow, we made a mistake." I can't believe this. How is this legal? So what they did was get me to spend my black friday television money with them on what they made sound like a great deal, and then a week later once all the other black friday deals are all gone told me I was getting a regular tv that wasn't even priced at a great black friday price. What can I do? I already filed a complaint with the BBB and sent it to customer service, but feel really screwed over and need some help. Thanks for any info anyone can give me. AMY

Customer Rating

I was in the Best Buy store in Tyson's Corner, Va.
I needed help in the car stereo section and no one was there. I waited a few mins for someone to show up but no one came.
I finally went to the computer section to see if someone could help me. The guy called someone and told me someone would be over, I waited 10 mins and still no one showed up so I just decided to leave

Customer Rating

Best Buy Springfield VA. Went in to get iPhone upgraded to the 6's. 4th in line, there were only 2 CSRs - 1 was the mobile phone manager - and pretty soon there were like half a dozen people in line. After 20 minutes in line, the manager decided to check on what we needed to do - and pretty soon, he was gone and serving the 3 others ahead of us. I understand these things take time, but getting our phones after 2-1/2 hours is not the best way to spend sunday afternoons. From what I gathered, there were 2 other CSRs who were supposed to arrive at 2 pm (they arrived shortly after 2 pm). Now, BestBuy has been selling phones like forever and can they not see that weekends results in such high demand that they should have at least 4 CSRs on board right from the store opening? Also, can there be some other system, like taking a number and having a call-out or return time in order for customers to be able to browse the rest of the store (and buy things) or grab a bite to eat instead of miserably waiting in line?

Customer Rating

I bought a car stereo at Best Buy ($600 alpine) only to find out the auto dim function was defective. The store won't exchange (20 days later). It's a shame when things in store get damaged and cost them thousands.

Customer Rating

I was picking up an online order (phone) in Bestbuy at 2460 E Charleston Blvd, Mountain View CA on Dec 19, 2012. I waited for 1.5h to be served. And a girl called Amber treated me with horrible altitude. She was not working in mobile department that night. She was just called in by the manager to help since there's a long line that night.

She first ignored me by calling the gentleman after me and when he stated that I was before him, she did not even make eye contact with me (not even mention a smile). When I stepped up, I said that I had been waiting for more than a hour. She told me that if I can't wait, then go to somewhere else.

She raised her voice with me. I was shocked and frustrated by her altitude and finally told her that I am a customer. After that, she shut up and returned to the back. I have never been treated by any store salesman with that altitude in my life. This Amber girl and her terrible altitude certainly push me away from Bestbuy in future.

I am sorry but I will for sure spread the word and talk to my friends/colleagues/family against Bestbuy shopping.

Customer Rating

On Saturday I returned a not working PS3 that I had bought about 9 months earlier. I also bought a 2yr. geek squad warranty. My PS3 was taken, and I was told I would recieve a replacement by mail on Monday. The recipt they gave me says the estimated delivery would Tuesday. On Sunday I recieved an email with a tracking number. To this day Tuesday Nov. 20th. when I log into ups website, It says a label was printed, but ups does not have the package. I called ups and spoke with a supervisor who confirmed that ups has not picked up the package yet and that they were still waiting for the shipper. So I now lost two days of work since I have to sign for it. I have called geek squad who can not tell me anything I don't already know. They say it will be shipped. Yeah that doesn't really help me much. Best buy is just as useless. They cannot tell anything more either, saying to check back on the tracking number at a later time. What a waste, I am extremely dissapointed in how this matter is being handled. I will never again buy anything from best buy or geek squad. They both lied, and now possibly lost my replacement. No one can tell me the number of the company that is supposedly shipping the replacement either how convienent. This is nothing but a big scam and I'm not falling for it. I will call a supervisor daily if I have to just to ensure that this doesn't fall under the radar. I will post complaints where ever I can as well to see to it that no one else falls victim to this scam. You certainly lost a good paying customer, and walmart or sears has found a new one.

Customer Rating

On Fr1day March 15, 2013 I went to the Best Buy located on Route #1 Woodbridge, NJ. This was my second trip as they informed me the first time I need to bring my New JerseyCertificate of Authority which I did bring with me on the 15th. The customer service rep was very pleasant and helpful but said there is not a complete number on the certificate just X's followed by 028/000. I explained to him that is because the number is my Social Security number and I have to keep this certificate posted in plain view so everyone can see it and the state of New Jersey does not want them to see it either. I have used this same certificate and several different stores as items purchased for the store are tax free. He called his manager I did not get her name but a shorter blond girl came to the counter looked at my certificate and told me she would not accept it because not all of the numbers were there. I re-explained how the ID number works and tried to show her 3 credits cards with the tax exempt ID number on the back of them. She said they do not count. I left Best Buy very frustrated and went immediately to PC Richards presented them with the same certificate got my Tax Exempt card from them then purchased a new laptop, printer/fax/copier, stereo sound system and flat screen TV I needed for the store. Every year I have given my seven employees a $100.00 Best Buy gift card, will I this year? I think not nor will I ever set foot in a Best Buy again.

Customer Rating

We purchased an HP computer plus additions to the tune of just under $1000. My husband returned later in the day (1 trip, 1 computer) with our old computer for data transfer purposes explaining to the "geek" that he had music notation files that had to be transferred - years of composition work it was vital not to lose. On Sunday he picked the computers up (1 trip, 2 computers) only to discover that his files weren't there.

Back to the store he went (1 trip, 2 computers) explaining the problem to the "geek" - computers to be ready Monday. No word on Monday. On Tuesday he went back again (1 trip, 2 computers) only to find that, once again, no files. At that time I called - I was very angry - my husband hadn't slept in 3 nights thinking his work was lost. Getting no results from the sales person I asked to speak to a manager.

I was livid by this point and asked that someone come to our home and take care of the matter rather than have my soon to be 75 yr. old husband to haul the cpu's once again. I was told, in no uncertain terms that since we hadn't paid for at home service they refused to do that. His manner was rude (again, I was very angry) and he offered no consideration.

So - once again, my husband took the cpu's back (1 trip, 2 computers). On Wednesday we were told the computer was ready. (1 trip - 2 computers). Got it home only to find out we couldn't get icons - just the Window's blue screen with bubbles. Called again and was told to bring it back again (1 trip there and 1 trip back with 1 computer - a simple fix that after time on the phone should have triggered an oh, yeah, only 1 plug needs to connect the monitor.

Will I ever purchase another item from Best Buy? What do you think? Will I tell others and post this on my facebook page? What do you think?

Purchases made at Best Buy - Kensington Ave.

Customer Rating

I purchased a H-P computer from Best Buy offering in-store 18 months no interest payments. I set up my on-line banking payments for 18 months and received a bill every month. Now after 18 months of payments I get a new bill for $249 deferred interest charge. I call HSBC and after figuring out how to reach their customer service, a prompt which they don't tell you about, spoke to a supervisor who informed me that the last 3 bill had an alert that I had to pay the last bill 10 days earlier or incur the deferred interest charge.

RIP-OFF. BEWARE. I have alredy contacted the A-G of Florida and made a complaint of deceptive practices and today I am going into the Best Buy store in Daytona Beach, FL to see the store manager. I have purchased interest free from Sam's Club and for dental work and never had that impossible to notice alert and a change of payment date. This is criminal and should be stopped.

WATCH OUT FOR BEST BUY and HSBC....

I am holding subject card .. in Sept i received statement of late fee charges of Rs 400.00 my a/c was all cleared & new purchase statement should have been raised of new bill cycle .. after several mails the assured me pay the outstanding with the late fees which they would refund me back for the next purchase statement i did the payment .. Now on Dec 3rd i did shopping around for Rs 7000.00 i received statement on the 4 of out standing of Rs 2.957.00 after several reminder to HSBC they are doing this mistake again & again .. but to my vain till date they have not rechecked by a/s statement ...

They should raise my outstanding bill around Jan by refunding my 400.00 Rs paid to them need your help so that this news can be flash on media. I bought a Belkin router from Best Buy and brought it home, entered the disc and could not get it to work between the windows 7 and Windows XP so I called customer service. First of all I got someone that had not only poor, were talking horrendus English, after forty five minutes of guessing how to get my router working on a lap top, he referred me to Microsoft. WHAT?

So we got off the phone and I called Belkin and got another customer service person that walked me right through the set up in five minutes. This is bad, put english speaking people on the phone with those that only know english, hire people that know how to troubleshoot, role play with them. I will think twice before buying another Belkin product at Best Buy again.

Customer Rating

Since last 2 to 3 months i have paid Rs.399/- in 100 BEST BUY CONTEST through my ICICI credit bank. These people have taken my money & are not sending my product. On friday I tried contact the manager Ms.Lovely & her mobile # is 9379515742 and as an eye wash she jst took the complaint & gave the number 14179018.

I tried contacting them they talk so harshly to the customers. There are other numbers also whom i tried contact 9480600087 in this number the lady tells that this her personel number & disconnects the call another lady & her number is 9379515736 when i call this number she tells she is not the concern person & gave me 9480600087 this # and the land line # 08067536400 will always be busy & nobody cares to pick it up & the recorded message will come.

One gentleman had called up from the number080-65470656 & dint even tell me when they send me my product. Its really a FAKE COMPANY WHICH IS CHEATING THE PUBLIC. Please dont try to purchase from this 100 BEST BUY M/s. SUKSH TECHNOLOGY. Will some body help me in getting me my product please.

Customer Rating

My laptop is currently in your repair shop. I had it sent in the week before last with main issues being Internet connection loss and monitor going black. Hey called and told me the monitor was ok and they replaced the motherboard. Last week it was returned to your repair shop because the monitor went out after I picked it up from the first repair. I took it back to be sent out again for monitor repair last week. I called today and they are waiting for parts including another motherboard again! I have a warranty from Best Buy...fix or replace. I use this computer for my photography and being the holidays I NEED MY computer! I make a lot of purchases from your store..just spent about $2,000.00 over Thanksgiving which I may return depending on the results of this computer repair. I feel the computer needs replaced. This is not the first time this same computer had to be returned for repairs again right after it was fixed by your shop.

Customer Rating

I do not have children and I am not very religious, but to me Santa is a symbol of innocence and good will. Best Buy creative team found the most adorable Santa impersonator they could find to abuse. What message is the company trying to give to children who still believe in the Chrismas magic? Quite disturbing! I am all for Christmas like everyone else, and yes I can take a joke, it's just that some children watch television and don't need to see this kind of thing. There are hundreds of more people upset just like me, and I haven't really seen the numbers, but I can only assume Best Buy will be losing money this Christmas on their mean and mocking Santa TV commercials.

No delivery despite "confirmed" delivery date for refrigerator. After 1+ hour on the phone to inquire and reschedule, and with a second "confirmed" delivery date, again no delivery. Another 1+ hour on the phone to inquire and reschedule. (No one able to contact warehouse either time.) Although ordered and paid for well in advance for delivery of Christmas suprise gift for elderly mother, the refrigerator was finally delivered three days after Christmas. I am extremely dissatisfied with the irresponsible handling of delivery and unlikely to buy from Best Buy again. Even though a local retailer might be more expensive, I am certain that an order from a customer would be treated with more respect.

Customer Rating

I bought an I Pad for my wife in March of 2012 and was told I has to have this Sprint device to get Wi Fi. Come to find out I did not, I could use my own cell provider ( T-Mobile). I paid money for the device and several hundred dollars before realizing I did not need it. Now I have to pay an early teremination fee for cancel the contract early. I am not happy about this and will never do business with Best or with Yahoo for that matter. You should be able to push a product that is not yours beacuse Im sure there is something in it for Best Buy.

Customer Rating

Bought a laptop today, got home and found it was an out of box defect. Returned to Best Buy with the product to exchange and was told there was another one back in the Comm dept., but it had a note on it that stated it needed repairs, so I asked for my money back and was told I would have to come back tomorrow to get my money back???? I do not understand, I had to give them the money before I could take it!! Now I have to go back for the third time and still do not have a laptop!!! I have purchased over 10k worth of product over the years and will never purchase from Best Buy again!

Customer Rating

I refuse to shop at a store where Santa is abused and taunted in their Best Buy commercials. Children watch it along with adults and when my nephew asks me "why is that lady being mean to Santa", my response is well son it's a horrible company and we won't shop there! I thought commercials we designed to get you to shop not to run you to another retailer with better morals! The Santa Best Buy commercials are really in bad taste. I have grandchildren that watch those and they believe in santa.

What is wrong with your company that you have to have commercials that are negetive about santa. Do you really need sales that bad? I think that you need to rethink those commercials. They make it seem like you don't need Santa anymore, and that selfish motives are better for us to look after. Don't you realize that small children watch television, and that they don't know your just trying to sell products. Make Christmas about what it is supposed to be again, and change your 2011 Best Buy TV commercials that bash Santa!

Also, I tried to go online to Best Buy for my daughter. It's Christmas and I wanted to try to help me pay for a lenovo laptop but it was not there when she arrived and there was no way for me to help since you could not to on line puchases. It's Christmas and best buy was closed but open in california so i could not pay for it and the next day i ran up to best buy to pay and they said it was not available then or at any other store. You ruined my christmas with your bad purchasing and not letting people know how many were truly there.

I will never shop with you guys again youy are not truthful to the customer. My daughter was very diapointed at me not the store, thanks a lot for your bull. A pissed off customer...

Customer Rating

I recently went to best buy to purchase a computer. I paid 700.00 dollars for one. Imagine my surprise when I found out I also had to pay another 80.00 to have the data transferred to a hard drive. I also bought a external hard drive for 80.00 for this transfer. Well two days later I got my "transfered" hard drive back. I cannot believe that I was made to pay for this transaction, even after paying 700.00 dollars for a computer.

There was nothing on there that I wanted. I specifically told them to transfer my pictures, which is basically all I wanted. They were not even on there. Yes, I could have returned with the computer, and the hard drive to have them put on there, but after paying 80.00 I would have hoped I didn't have to do that. I ended up figuring out how to do it myself. Also the computer was defective and I had to return it. So guess what? I WILL NOT be doing anymore shopping at best buy for anything.

Customer Rating

Attention: Best Buy Customer Complaint Department. To Whom It May Concern, My husband purchased a computer for me as a Christmas gift this past December 2011. He bought the computer at Best Buy in Trumbull, Ct. (USA). He was told, by a representative, that he could easily install all programs needed rather than pay $100 to have the computer protected software and other programs installed by the company. This representative did not work for Best Buy, he was supplying the shelves with computer software/accessories.

My husband purchased the computer (roughly in the amount of $500) and the Titanium antivirus software. I was given these gifts at Christmas and didn’t unpack and begin installation of the Titanium until a week later. After I installed the antivirus program, I noticed that the computer did not have Microsoft software installed on it. My husband and I know very little about computers and in the past when we have purchased a computer we opted to have Best Buy set the computer up with all the needed software. This purchase, however, my husband chose not to do that and thought the program installation for the Titanium antivirus would be easy enough to install. At the time of purchase, he believed that Microsoft software was already installed. He thought all computers came with it. I installed the Titanium antivirus software immediately.

I returned to Best Buy to buy the $150 Microsoft Office Home and Student program for my new computer and opted to deal with Microsoft directly to install the program. I returned home and installed the Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 onto my computer. Installation was completed and I turned off my computer. I returned to my computer the following day and none of the Microsoft installations appeared on my computer. I called Microsoft and explained the issue to the representative. I was told he would be able to help me but first he needed to complete a scan on my computer. I gave him my permission and he proceeded with the scan.

During the scan, the representative, Kamal, said that my (two week old) computer had been infected by 248 Trojan viruses. In fact, he said out loud, “Christ, you have 248 Trojan viruses, this is a bad thing.” I then asked how this could have happened. He then asked if I had been to any unprotected sites such as Facebook or on-line shopping. I informed that I had, but the computer was brand new and only up and running for about a week. He then informed me that Titanium antivirus software does not protect me against Trojans viruses and that was the reason so many infected my computer. I asked if this was something he could fix. He told me that when these Trojan viruses reach a total of 500 my (two week old) computer would crash.

He said he would do everything he could to remove these 248 viruses and get the computer cleaned up but he couldn’t guarantee anything. I told him to proceed. He then told me after a few moments that he needed to transfer my call to a higher level technician to see if he could resolve the problem. The transfer of technicians was completed and, after a few minutes, the new representative informed me that he could fix the problem. However, there would be a $299 charge for this which would include cleaning up these 248 viruses, the installation of MacAfee Virus protection, he would reinstall the Microsoft Office Home and Student (the original purpose for this call to Microsoft Technical Department) , and I would have three years of free technical support from Microsoft. This news was alarming to me. The technician had me believing that my computer was going to crash and become useless. I allowed the technician to charge my visa $299 and install the programs.

Soon after I returned to Best Buy with my computer and had a long talk with the supervisor on duty. I have learned the following: Titanium antivirus is a good protection against viruses, including Trojan viruses. MacAfee is a Microsoft product. It only takes one Trojan virus to crash a computer. It is almost impossible for a new computer, a week old, to become infected with 248 Trojan viruses. I needed to call to Microsoft, and make a customer complaint about the manner of technical support that was given to me. The technician’s intention was not to help me with technical support but was to make a sale when he somehow made 248 Trojan viruses appear and to then scare me into believing my computer would crash if I didn’t purchase services and products from Microsoft.

I want to speak to a technician that is aware that I want everything uninstalled that the technician installed on my computer on 1/6/2011.Technical support, not sales!!

I will then return to Best Buy, have Microsoft Office Home and Student installed ($20) and for an additional $100 my computer will be protected and running properly. In addition, if any further problems occur, I can bring my computer to the GEEK SQUAD at Best Buy and it will be addressed at no additional cost. I calculate $120 for the same services, protection and Microsoft Office Home and Student. This reflects a huge price difference from the pressure sale from your technician of $299. That’s huge!

I am very surprised and dissatisfied at the misleading of your technical staff. I never would have thought that Microsoft was capable of this behavior toward customers, especially in the technical department. I will try very hard never to have to call Microsoft technical again in fear of being misled and possibly lured into a substantial unnecessary purchase.

I expect a full refund of charges by Microsoft in the amount of $299. I regret to say that I am no longer an advocate of Microsoft support and will look elsewhere at every opportunity to fix whatever the problem is with my computer.

Thank you in advance for addressing this problem.

Debra Greenwood

Customer Rating

I had heard that Best Buy recycles old TV's and computers for free. I was in the midst of moving so I wanted to get rid of one of each. I called the store ahead of time, told the clerk exactly what I was donating and confirmed that the service was Free. After driving 20 miles to the closest store I'm told by a very rude customer service desk clerk that there is a $10 charge for each but I get the $10 back if I spend it in the store. Obviously furious that I had just wasted all that time and gas I asked to speak the manager who was just as rude.

Even after I threatened to completely pay off my balance on my Best Buy card that day and never return again, the manager still told me I could go ahead and leave the store if I wasn't going to pay the $10 charge. After waitin ten minutes while the customer service desk clerk tried to close out my account, and asking me four times for my social security number, he finally tells me I can only pay by cash, which I didn't have.

When I asked to speak to the manager again, he laughed and said he'd figured I would ask that! Needless to say, I closed out my account and will never be shopping at any Best Buy again. Oh, and I found out that the lady who told me she was a store manager, was in fact not.

Companies Like Best Buy