Best Buy Customer Service

Contact Best Buy Corporate

Toll free phone number: 1-888-237-8289

Best Buy Company, Inc is an American multinational consumer electronics company. There are 1,050 Best Buy locations in the US and 125,000 employees. It is publicly traded on the NYSE:BBY. Revenues have dropped the last ten quarters and marketing will primarily lean towards digital advertising as opposed to paper.

If you have a problem with a Best Buy purchase you may call the customer service number at 1-888-237-8289.  You may also contact the CEO, Hubert Joly at the corporate office address, 7601 Penn Ave. S, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55423. Corporate office phone number is 877-415-3487. The customer forums are another place that Best Buy suggests you look for help.

Known for its 24/7 Geek Squad, Best Buy was founded by Richard M. Schulze in 1966 and originally called Sound of Music. You may find forums on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin helpful as well.

Upset with Best Buy?

File a complaint here!

Reach Best Buy Headquarters

Send your feedback directly to the management team

• Best Buy corporate office

• 7601 Penn Ave
    • Richfield
    • MN 55423

1-888-237-8289

Top Best Buy Complaints

I went into Best Buy in Mays Landing NJ last night to purchase a cell phone. the female sales associate who helped me with the phone was fine...although there were two other female sales associates who, when I asked if they could activate my new phone and transfer my information, told me that they didn't do that and acted as if I were crazy. I proceeded to tell them that just the night before, I had a friend who had also come into the store to purchase a phone and they were treated completely different....their phone was activated for them and all their info had been transferred over as well. I won't even get into the amount of trouble I had trying to get this activated.

If there is some new rule at Best Buy, and employees are not allowed to do this anymore. please inform me...very odd...especially since I know someone who just had it done the night prior. Also, I had a very strange experience when I asked someone how the virtual reality headset for Samsung works...the female associate was on her cell phone the entire time and acted as if it were such a bother to explain things, then walked away while I was in mid-sentence asking a question.

Needless to say, Best Buy lost a sale, and I wouldn't be surprised if many sales were lost. Everyone who I dealt with looked as if they were about 10 years old. It's a real shame....I know darn good employees who do work at this location and it's just a shame for the good ones. Best Buy needs to really look at their floor help in mobile. They need some sort of training in basic common courtesy, although, that really can't be taught.

Comment (0)

You may also contact the CEO, Hubert Joly at the corporate office address, 7601 Penn Ave. S, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55423. Corporate office phone number is 877-415-3487. Was assaulted tonight by store manager. Would like to speak to Hubert Joly. Will also be consulting legal advise for liability. Does anyone care about their customers?

Comment (0)

I am a new Geek Squad customer, having purchased a year's subscription of tech support on 10/29/16. I had an appointment for service, and despite that, waited 20 minutes before someone acknowledged that I was waiting. One technician was helping another customer and it was only after 20 minutes that he asked me if I was being helped, as he assumed someone was already helping me.

The reason I went in for technical assistance/support is because I purchased a Lenovo laptop just 13 months ago at the same location, and was having issues with signing in with my admin password. I contacted Microsoft as well as Lenovo regarding this, however they were not able to assist/remedy. I searched online for information on how I might handle this myself but was also unable to remedy the problem. As it turned out, the reason I was unable to sign in is because the number keys were non-functional, and my password contained numeric as well as alpha digits. When I searched for information on how I might remedy this myself, one of the first things all the online tips suggested was to make sure that the numbers pad is not locked.

On newer laptops such as mine there is no numbers keypad but rather the numbers run across the top above the letters. I purchased the Geek Squad support and it was only after two days that one of the technicians called me to tell me that the reason I was having a problem signing it is because the number keys were nonfunctional. My question is, why wasn't a diagnostic test run to determine the functionality of the keys before my entire system was wiped out in an effort to bypass the password?

When I had received a voicemail from the servicing technician asking me for some more information before she was able to go further, I returned her call. After pressing the prompts to direct me to Geek Squad, I waited on hold for almost minutes, but no one answered, though I called during business hours. The phone just kept ringing and ringing and ringing. Attached herewith is a snapshot of my phone screen showing the amount of time I waited before hanging up. I called back again and it was the same, but then an outside rep answered the called and asked me which store I was calling.

He then connected me and I waited again for several minutes but no one answered. I called one more time and if I had not been connected with someone, I would have gone back to the store in person to cancel the service altogether as I was entirely frustrated. On the third call attempt, someone finally answered and placed me on hold for another few minutes before obtaining the information the servicing tech needed. Needless to say, I'm unimpressed with the whole thing, as I would have used the $200 I paid for service and put it toward the purchase of a new laptop rather than be stuck with a still non-functioning unit, and a service plan with lousy customer support and that only covers software issues.

I want to cancel the service plan altogether. Between the issues I experienced (as a new customer) coupled with having a laptop that is no better than when I brought it in, I am very dissatisfied. Diagnostics should have been run to determine if a hardware issue (non-functioning number keys) before the system was wiped out, because now I'm left with a shell of a laptop and it's useless to me without the number keys, the letter P, and backspace keys - all non-functional. If it is standard to check to be sure that numeric keys are not locked regarding password sign-in issues, why wasn't this checked first?

The only compliment I can give is to an in-store tech agent named Jaylen who was courteous and apologetic.

Comment (0)

There should be an option to give 0 stars based on my experience with Best Buy. We placed on online order with them but cancelled it and received acknowledgement of the cancellation. Best Buy ships the order anyway so now we need return labels to send the product back. We've been trying, through their customer service number, to get return labels emailed to us for the past two weeks. Every rep we speak to gives us a new excuse as to why we have not received the labels despite giving them 3 different email addresses.

The latest from this morning is calling Best Buy and spoke to a rep who could barely speak English and she informs me that perhaps the reason we didn't get the labels is that the product we received isn't eligible to be returned via return label. Go figure. Got cut off from her and when I called back, the next rep I spoke to decided that she could not speak to me, she had to speak with my boss since his name is on the account. Didn't have a problem speaking on his behalf to the other rep I spoke to not 5 minutes prior. Extremely frustrating and time consuming and would not do business with them again.

Comment (0)

Best Buy didn't put the Apartment number on the package so I spent a day waiting for the damn thing and it didn't come because some one didn't do there job. This will be may last order with this company. I even had to fix the problem after UPS sent me a text saying they couldn't deliver the package. So don't do anything now because I did customer service and the job of Best Buy and took care of getting the apartment number on the package. If I could have given you 0 stars I would have.

Comment (0)

My brother an I co-own an house in South Philadelphia. We are getting ready to sell and are replacing the kitchen appliances. My brother lives in Florida and went to Best Buy there to buy the appliances. Last week we were supposed to have a Refrigerator delivered to the house in South Philly on Friday, October 21 between 12PM and 4PM. My brother received a phone call saying they couldn't deliver it and would have to deliver it on Saturday October 22nd. They said it would be delivered by Noon. Friday evening he received a phone call saying they were delivering it at 8PM on Friday, this is after he and Best Buy agreed on Saturday. He told them no, they would have to deliver it on Saturday. They called Saturday and said it would be there between 12 and 4PM (don't know what happened to the "By Noon" agreement).

They finally called, after 4PM and said they were on their way. When making the arrangements my brother told Best Buy that the Refrigerator would not fit though the front door and they would have to take it up the alley and deliver it in the Back. A lot people in South Philadelphia have to get deliveries that way since the doors on the front of the houses tend to be so narrow. When I told the delivery guys they were not happy, even though the alley was very clean, more than wide enough and free of debris. In order to get it into the Kitchen it would have to be lifted over a counter. The counter is a little less than waist high.

They said they wouldn't do that and we would have to . The one delivery man was very arrogant about it. He kept giving us an argument about the delivery. My contractor and my two sons were present and said they would lift the refrigerator over the counter. We just needed the doors of the appliance removed. The deliverymen left the refrigerator in the alley and went back to their truck. Since it appeared that was as far as they were going to take the Refrigerator, my contractor started to remove the doors himself.

When they came back, the "arrogant" deliveryman demanded to know who the owner was. I told him I was co-owner of the house but he kept saying I wasn't the one listed on the work order. I told him that was my brother and he lived in Florida. He then insisted that someone sign the work order saying that because we (the contractor) took the doors off, the work order had to be signed immediately. I told him I wasn't signing it until they removed the "Old" refrigerator, as stated on the work order. He kept arguing with me about it and even threatened to take the new refrigerator back.

Then he started arguing with the contractor saying that he was going to take the doors off, that they just had to go to the truck to get the paperwork. My question is, why did both of them have to go to the truck to get the paperwork? Why couldn't one stay behind and start removing the doors instead of just dropping it in the alley? They couldn't at least take it to the back door? Did it take two people to "Lift" the clipboard containing the paperwork? He kept arguing with me about signing the work order and I kept telling him I'd sign it when he removed the old refrigerator.

I need a washer/dryer and Refrigerator and was thinking about going to Best Buy, but not now. I'll go to Lowes or Home Depot. Not because of your products but because of your deliverymen, one in particular, and the total mix-up of when the appliance was going to be delivered. Also, when my brother called Best Buy on Saturday to make sure the refrigerator was being delivered, the Best Buy person he was talking to called the Dispatch and the person said "It's not on the truck" and hung up on her.

They were even rude to your own people. Normally I let things like this go but the attitude and arrogance of the one delivery man was unprofessional. All he had to do was take the Refrigerator to the back door, take off the doors and my sons and the contractor would get it into the kitchen, then put the doors back on. They would of been done instead of standing there arguing with us. I believe they didn't want to take the old refrigerator because they would have had to take the doors off in order to get it through the "Front" door. (Yes, that one fit through the front door, it did not have to be lifted over the counter.) My experience doesn't even rate one whole star!

Comment (0)

When delivering a Samsung refrigerator in June of 2016, one or two of the delivery personal stole money out of our house. We filed a police report and contacted a detective to investigate. A Steven Waligoski with the Executive Resolution Specialist department, was not very helpful in the investigation. In fact, if you interfere in an investigation, that is a crime. He gave the detective leads that led to a dead ends. I guess to get his position, you need low qualifications. The detective was extremely frustrated with Steven and said to me, you should sue Best Buy.

This employee is a subcontractor with Best Buy but it seems that they are content to continue to employ a criminal. I asked the detective if a lie detector test could be administered. She said yes if I can get them to my precinct. Best Buy had no interest in doing that. In the last two years, my wife and I have spent approximately $5000 with your company. In the years that we have been repeat customers, we have spent approximately $7000. Steven told the detective that I was lying about this. That made me angry. If spending that kind of money with your company, why would I try to beat Best Buy out of $170. Go figure. To any customers that are getting anything delivered to your home, beware.

Comment (0)

Bought an Epson printer for my son for college. He left for school two weeks later . Set up new printer at school and it didn't work (defective). Best buy said after 14 days they were no longer responsible for product even though it had never been used. This is the fourth consecutive time I have had a bad experience at the store. They are very uninformed about their products, very inexperienced and clueless about their jobs and don't support their products worth a crap. I am a best buy cardholder, but it will never be used again! Totally worthless entity.

Comment (0)

I have experienced the worst customer service I have encountered with any company in my dealings with your Plymouth Meeting, PA. store. I have been a loyal customer of Best Buy for a number of years. In the past 12 or so months I have spent approximately $5,000 at this store.

I ordered a Dishwasher over the Labor Day Holiday taking advantage of what appeared to be a nice sales promotion. I ordered a Kitchen Aid appliance and was promised delivery and free installation in one week. I received a phone call about a week later saying that my appliance would be delivered the next day between 8am and noon. The next day came and went-- no delivery—no phone call. I went to the store to see what had happened and was told they were unable to give me an answer. They said they could reschedule and the next available date was one week away. I asked why it seemed like I was being put to the end of the line when I already had one promised date and was told that is the way it works.

The next date came—Sept 19. The installer showed up and looked at the old dishwasher and told my wife he could remove it but could not install the new one –something about it being ½ inch too high?? There was a bit of a language issue and my wife did not clearly understand what he was trying to convey. Unfortunately I was out of town and did not hear this conversation. I did measure the space and can see no reason why the new dishwasher would not fit.

I am certain a professional installer could have solved whatever issue existed. The store Manager spoke with my wife and assured her that he would work to either resolve the problem with the dishwasher or find a comparable model for her. He promised a return call no later than the next day. I think you know what is coming—no call. My wife tried to call the Manger several times but heard nothing.

Long story short we have canceled the order. What was a good deal turned out to be not so. I will shop for a dishwasher from a competitor. I am aware that losing one customer is of little concern to you but rest assured that I will warn friends and neighbors of the horrible customer service that can be expected from Best Buy.

If you should happen to care at all the order was placed on my wife’s Best Buy Credit card on Sept. 4, 2016.

Comment (0)

I bought a washing machine on August 20th at the Westbury NY location Order number 1116233273254. The delivery was made on Tuesday Aug 23 however they didn't complete the install and I was provided a hose which was kinked. I called the store spoke with 2 people one of them the Manager named Paul, they claimed to put the issue on an email to customer service. I got a call and schedule an appointment for Monday 29th at 4pm to finish the install. On Monday August 29th I got a call at 9am stating they will be there in an hour. I was at work and clearly I asked for after 4pm install, the person said they will reschedule.

I never got a reschedule back. I visited 5 times the store called numerous time and no resolution has been given to me. I tried the machine this weekend and there is a delay on the on button. I am completely frustrated, way past disappointed on terrible their customer service is. At this time I am requesting a new machine to be delivered. Attached please see the deplorable way my install was left by technical service. I got hung ups after calling Best Buy customer service.

Comment (0)

I've been a customer with Best Buy for many years now. My last purchase has been a total nightmare. I purchased a fridge, stove, and microwave. On the delivery day, I received a damaged fridge and also, the delivery company did not relocate the original fridge as was the deal when i did my purchase.

Not only that, I have been calling many times, complaining to all the customer services answering to my calls,about the fridge inside my daycare area. I was promised to get reimbursed 478.00 for the damage only, not for the inconvenience and service they said they would provide. They gave me an appointment for 09/13/2016 to deliver, install and relocate my fridge. I told them I have daycare and it is not safe for the kids to have a fridge in their way.

On 09/13/2016, the stove was not delivered or installed, and i have too pay an extra 255 dollars to do it. The water line for the fridge was not installed as promised two different times, and the fridge was not relocated as promised again. Both times delivery company came, no one took responsibility for the movement of fridge. I spoke to Best Buy customer support by phone for hours, the only compensation she wanted to give me is to reimburse me for my money which is $139 I payed to install the gas line.

I need this problem to be resolved a-soon as possible, and to be recompensed for the inconvenience, headache, and careless effort and responsibility on Best Buy's part.

Comment (0)

I called with two issues. Not realizing that I would encounter another phone robot. Nothing like having your "problem" reduced to someone else's criteria. So finally figured out how to summon a human and was able to make a payment. But no one to deal with the fact that the website is not user friendly or guide me through how it should be used to make a payment.

The second issue I called about was the fact there were 4 items in my checkout box that I did not put there and did not want. All I wanted to do was to have someone kindly remove them from my account. After being transferred twice..and having to deal again with a robot, I finally hung up in total aggregation and exasperation. Best Buys Customer Service needs an overhaul from top to bottom.

Comment (0)

Just a note to let you know why I am no longer a best buy customer. About 4 years ago I opened an account and bought a couple of thousand dollars’ worth of merchandise. A week later there was a charge of about $750.00 that was not mine on my statement. I called and that was taken care of quickly. On 8/8/16 I went into best buy, my account was at (0 balance) and bought a 28 dollar battery, the next day I bought a printer for 98.86. I checked my email and found an order received, order #BBY01-788164062371 for an apple watch being shipped ($411.03).

I called and Best Buy customer service said everything was ok. Next day got an email, order received for an apple 9.7 inch iPad ($987.65). Not mine and shipped to the same address. I live in Clovis Ca. After more than a few phone calls I was told everything would be good. They canceled my card and sent me a new one and assured me that the new card would have the correct amount billed. Good luck with that. Got my new card and a few days later my new statement saying I owed $509.89.

More phone calls with very little understanding on your peoples end. I told them to cancel my card they told me I had to sit and listen to them read some kind of policy. I told them to let me talk to a supervisor. The supervisor came on and said the policy was that if I canceled my card I would have to re-apply and get a credit check for a new one.

My credit is over 800. After wasting many hours of my time and effort to help best buy deal with this fraud and then needing to cancel my card because your people could not deal with it, I get punished because of your people’s incompetence. So I solved the problem myself, don’t shop at Best buy any more. I can get the same merchandize for less money and a lot less head aches.

Comment (0)

I am a long-term customer of Best Buy, having purchased 3 computers, 3 TVs, 2 entertainment systems, a Bose system, etc over the years. Overall, I have been very happy with my experiences at Best Buy especially the customer service. So, when I needed to add 2 phones to my existing Verizon Wireless account, I decided to shop at Best Buy (Seekonk, MA) on 08/15/16 and was pleased to learn from Monica (rep) that there was a promotional BOGO on the IPhone 6s....perfect. I was unable to finalize the purchase at that time and asked if the promo would still be available on 08/19/16 when I had more time to devote to the purchase. Monica (rep) checked the flyer and was unable to determine the expiration date.

She called her manager (Dylan) and then reassured me that it would still be available on 08/19/16. As planned, I purchased the phones on 08/19/16 and once again was reassured by Josh (rep) that the BOGO was available and was given instructions on how to redeem it (yourdigitalrebatecenter.com). When I attempted to claim the BOGO there was a problem....no promotional match found. I called Best Buy for some help and after some research was informed that the BOGO had in fact expired on 08/19/16....the date of purchase.

Had I been correctly informed of the expiration date, I easily would have made the purchase ahead of the deadline. The advice I received was to send an email to Verizon Wireless requesting that they reconsider the BOGO. This should not be my responsibility to resolve. Best Buy Seekonk clearly made an error, which they acknowledge, that if unresolved will cost me $750.....totally unacceptable. The offer to comp me the accessories I purchased (2 screen protectors) is borderline offensive. And, to expect me to resolve this issue is infuriating.

Best Buy customer service needs to support me in this by admitting their error, honoring the BOGO I was repeatedly promised was available, and fighting Verizon Wireless on their own time for not clearly indicating an expiration date on the flyer. Very unhappy.

Comment (0)

I just saw a back to school commercial that shows bullying. A kid is studying in his room and another person comes in and shoves the note book on the floor and says the kid should be using a computer. Please try to make the commercial less bully-ish. Why not a comparison and have the kid with the book ask about the computer?

Comment (0)

This is the worst Best Buy customer service experience I have had. I have had two Samsung refrigerators go out within a 15 month period. Lucky I had an extended warranty? Wrong--I had the warranty but cannot get my refrigerator (bad compressor--15 months old) replaced for another 8 days!!! This after waiting until day 6 after reporting the problem for technicians to come out. I have tried to escalate the problem to no avail. At each level of Best Buy management, you are told "you can talk to my supervisor, but they will tell you the same thing." And the sad thing is, that is true. No extra effort to help the customer at all. I have been a loyal customer for over ten years, purchased all of my appliances and appliances for other family members from Best Buy. Add me to the long list of unhappy customers. I will look for another appliance store in the future. I would not even give the service a single star!

Comment (0)

7/2/2016 ordered convection single wall oven and over the range convection microwave, plus induction cooktop over $5,000 in merchandise. The month before we purchased Samsung French fridge over $2700. Delivery was made properly. After paying communication by Best Buy was non-existent. Delivery was scheduled four times and none were delivered. Lost two days of work because of the no communication. 7/26/2016 I cancelled order after being told system said we had wall oven (which we did not). No one would try to get to the bottom of why delivery could not be made or to get it resolved. I will never buy appliances from Best Buy again and have done so for over 20 years. They no longer care about their customers or service.

Comment (0)

I purchased a TV & stand on 6/9/2016 from Best Buy In Oshkosh, WI. My salesman was Micheal W. At the time of the sale he told me that there was promotion going on and that I would get some rewards if I bought the TV and stand now and took out a Best Buy VISA credit card. He said the amount would be about $175.00. I made the deal and waited the appropriate time to receive my rewards money. Now, after checking with Best Buy Corporate, the store manager, and VISA (spending 1.5 hrs on the phone), I am entitled to only $110.00 of in store credit. This isn't right. I was misled.

Comment (0)

My oven went out so I looked online to buy a new one since I have bought my entire kitchen appliances with you in the past and been very satisfied. I spoke with a lady on the telephone that said she would be happy to place the order in for me (order number above.) She said that it would be delivered on the 19th and installation in my area was free.

It was a sacrifice to wait since I had no oven but I agreed and also purchase the gas line too. I came home 5 days later and had a message on my telephone answering service telling me to call and reschedule the delivery. I called up and spoke with a Ken that said he was from Best Buy Corporate and he said that they would honor another stove that was 20 more for the same price but the installation would be 160 dollars.

After being upset again I told them that I would take the stove and my husband would set it up. Then they asked for my credit card again. I said why cant you just switch the order it is the same exact price. She informed me that I would have to pay again and that I wouldn't receive my first refund for 3 to 5 days. By this time I was really upset. I said you mean to tell me that I have to buy 2 stoves in order to get one that was promised to me the 19th. She stated yes you will.

I told her to cancel the whole order that I was going to be making my purchases at ABC from now on. I spoke with another lady and she told me that they didn't even debit the cost of the stove out of my Best Buy account just the connector. I told her why didn't the lady tell me that? There is a communication skills that are lacking with your staff. I will be searching for a new oven from a different company because of this.

Comment (0)

I purchased a fridge and scheduled delivery. Delivery was rescheduled 4 times and pushed out over a month. I have called several times and visited the store I bought the fridge at and still cannot get the fridge delivered to my house. This last cancellation notification came at 2AM

Comment (0)

On May 16 2016, we ordered a washer and dryer (Bosch) Order #111613727016. The order taker (Nancy Castro of your Mays Landing store) failed to tell us that we needed a 4 way outlet for the dryer. Delivery was scheduled for June 4. The delivery men could not install the appliances because of this "small" detail she left out of our conversation. I scheduled an electrician to install the outlet and then called Best Buy back to reschedule. I talked to your customer call center and after an aggravating one hour of disconnections and misunderstanding what I was trying to do (they thought I was rescheduling the whole delivery and were giving me a new delivery date three weeks out), I finally spoke to someone named LeeAnn.

She got in touch with the warehouse and assured me that the technicians would be back today, June 13, that I would receive a call the night before confirming the order, and that I would receive a call in the morning regarding the time period they would be here. Since I did not receive a call on Sunday night, the 12th of June, I called the call center and after being put on hold for approximately 40 minutes was told they did not have anything scheduled for today. Right now I am waiting a call from a "supervisor" to try to resolve this. I am extremely frustrated at this point and will NEVER buy another thing from Best Buy again.

Comment (0)

I purchased an antenna that a sales person said would work so I could drop my cable co. It did work to some degree I was able to bring in some stations but 50% were Mexican stations...My biggest complaint is with Best buy on how my money was refunded. I used a debit card for the purchase and the money was taken from my account the same day. But on the return I have to wait 3 to 4 days for the money to be put back into my bank. This is not fair and Best buy has lost me as a customer. I will do my best to keep my friends from going there also.

Comment (0)

I bought a dell computer around Black Friday. 11/27/15 @14:58 at store #341.. We were going for an extended visit to my daughters in Pittsburgh, Pa. and My wife reminded me that I NEVER even plugged the computer in and the 30 days return was going to be up and I better fire it up and make sure it is OK. Slipped in the virus disk that came with it fired it up and put in a password did it twice for confirmation OK. Went to my daughters for a very nice visit, came back home fired up the Brand New Lenvo $455.78 that I SAVED $199.99 on and it LOCKED ME OUT This computer Geek guy that sold it to me, When I Asked Him About a START UP disk told me I DON'T NEED one it's Built In. THIS GEEK GENIUS assured me it wasn't needed.

I Asked him Repeatedly, said Your Covered, Everything is in there! My Uncle Tom had a saying, " It's important to be understood But more Importantly to NOT be Misunderstood!" Thanks Uncle Tom. When I called the store they got real snotty with me and said for $37.00 they would UNLOCK IT! I told them it was Never used, said they don't care $37.00 is what they charge to Unlock My Brand New $455.78 + $199.99 savings computer. I asked to talk to a Manager, was told makes No Difference, he will tell you the SAME $37.00 to unlock your brand new computer If they Do Not Unlock & give me an Apology THIS $455.78 is the LAST Penny you will ever get of of Paul & Doris Carroll of Taylor ,Pa. 18517 They should ALL be Ashamed for this behavior. I must be getting Mellow at 6'5" and 245 lbs. There was a time the police might have been called.

Comment (0)

My last payment on my former best buy credit card was on March 3 2016 for 90.36. I checked my card balance and it should have been 0.00. I looked at the statement and saw 49.79 as a balance. I called best buy customer service and asked her were this balance came from since I knew my balance was 0.00 She stated that this was a charge from 2012 webroot purchase. Now I would like to know how you can try to collect on a bogus charge like this.

I have since cancelled my best buy card and will never buy anything in your store ever again. I do not intend on paying this since I know my balance is 0.00 Please remove the 49.70 from that credit card. If I get no satisfaction from here I will gladly call the CEO Herbert Joly at 877-415-3487 and express my dissatisfaction to him. I pretty sure he`ll take care of this issue.

Comment (0)

After waiting for a Geek Service call, Best Buy called and said it would be another ten days before the replacement part comes in. I called the BB 800# and the CSR told me to return my flatscreen to the store. I did and was told at the store did not have any information and to take my TV and leave the building. I called back to the BB800# and at first they denied that the CSR told me to return the TV and then after pressuring them they fed up in saying that even though she did say it, it was not corporate policy to exchange my TV and would not honor her mistake. Still, waiting for a simple two dollar backordered part!

Comment (1)

I went to the Belmont store in Baltimore , MD on March 5, 2016. All of the sales representatives were very helpful and I ordered a refrigerator and a cook top. These items were not delivered together. One I received on March 24 and I have yet to receive my cooktop. When I received the refrigerator, the delivery person could not get the water to come out and stated he would bring another one, I never heard anything more about that. Using his own initiative, my husband read the manual, and called the Frigidaire Company and now we have ice and water.

The is the first time getting appliances from your company and I wanted to get all of my Kitchen appliances from Best Buy. I have had quite a few delays I might have to shop elsewhere. I would like to know if I can be compensated in any way for having my kitchen looking a wreck, not being notified, and not getting my order in a timely matter. I think I'm almost ready to cancel my cook top and close my account.

Comment (0)

As a lady who has been a very good customer of Best Buy, I feel it is incumbent upon me to tell you how disgusted and offended I felt in your retail store located in Lake Charles, Louisiana, #1080, last night (April 9, 2016) because of an arrogant so- called "manager," namely his disposition and treatment of me. I have spent $1,106.92 at Best Buy since December 2015...Order No. BBY01-773187004597, $525.59 on 12/8/15; Order No. BBY01-773850020760, $443.97 on 12/13/15; Order No. BBY01-776235015854, $137.36. I purchased an ethernet cable at the Lake Charles, Louisiana store for a total of $27.42. I do not live in Lake Charles and have to drive a round trip of 60 miles from my house to that particular Best Buy store because it is the nearest Best Buy store to where I live. I had bought the ethernet cable because I thought I needed it for a device for my TV.

I wasn't exactly sure how to attach the device, and a friend of mine came to help me with that task on Friday, April 9, 2016. As it turned out, the ethernet cable was not needed, so I made a trip to the Best Buy store in Lake Charles, Louisiana, to return the ethernet cable for a cash refund. A nice male clerk waited on me and advised me that there was a 15 day return policy, but that he would check with his manager to see if he would make an exception. I thought that was very nice, since I had not asked him to do this; he volunteered to do so. I had not read the receipt and had assumed that I had 30 days to return the item, since that is standard at most any store.

He said he could only give me a store credit, which I had to take, because he refused to give me my money back. I didn't and don't want the store credit, as there is nothing I am interested in buying anytime soon. I want my money back. He said that I had bought the cable a very long time ago, and I couldn't believe that! WHAT A RIDICULOUS EXAGGERATION! I had bought it 22 days prior, which is only 1 week over the 15 day period. Are you kidding me? I mentioned that the item wasn't for a large sum of money...$27.42, and he said, "Exactly," as though I was making a big deal over nothing. Is this any way to treat a customer who values her hard earned money?

Customers should be rewarded for their patronage and loyalty. I have my own business, and I can tell you that I bend over backwards to satisfy my customers. I would never treat any of them this way. It pays off in the long run to bend a little and go the extra mile, rather than be so rigid and uncaring as MICHAEL SONNIER. I did not witness a store manager at work, but rather someone who thinks he is Master of the Universe. I am disgusted with customer service behavior and lack of respect and will be disgusted with Best Buy if you do not do something to rectify this matter. I am asking you to please refund the cash amount of $27.42 to me. I hope that you do not want to lose a good customer over this matter.

Comment (0)

Went to Best Buy in Sherman TX, bought a "new" Xbox, got it home and the thing was literally in pieces. Took it back to exchange it, was refused an exchange and got accused of doing it myself. Because that makes sense obviously. All in an hour!

Comment (0)

I Pre-ordered Game of thrones DVD set a few weeks ago. Release date 3/15. I received a call from a local store employee (Apple Valley, CA store) AND a 'corporate email' on 3/14 stating my order/DVD's were available for pick up "NOW" and up to 3/24. I go to the store for pick up, show them the email, ID and CC. They would not release the DVD set stating 'release date is not until tomorrow'. Again, I had them read the email. I left w/o the DVDS, very angry. At home there was a vm from a store employee, stating the same "I can pick up my DVDs 'now'."

I called and spoke to "Jenna" the acting gm on duty. Although apologetic, it does not solve this problem. I find it appalling and horrible customer service that a patron would be notified by the local store and corporate email stating their order is ready for pick up "NOW" and yet the staff refuses to release the product until the next day. This is incomprehensible and needs to stop immediately. Either do not call and notify the customer for order pick up "NOW" OR honor the notification and release the order per the notifications. If this isn't changed at the corporate level on down to line staff, this problem will continue. I personally will not shop at Best Buy anymore. And yes, I have the email saved.

Comment (0)

I was in the Honolulu store on 23rd of February trying to purchase a Bluetooth transmitter while walking around the store I approached one of the sale person and ask could he assist me in finding the item. He had some paperwork on the counter and a cell phone on his hand, the minute I asked if he could assist me he started dialing the phone and informed me it would be a few minutes before he could assist me. I told him at this point not to worry about it being the phone call was more important than waiting a customer standing in front of him.

I noticed an other employee could I ask him a question I was told again by an other of you employees it would be a few minuets. This was around 1:30pm and the store was not busy. The second employee never came back! Another employee finally came by and did ask if he help me find something, we did find where the item was but there where none on the display, he did check an returned and then I was told the item was sold in that store. I had checked on line and had found it online at that store and had checked at another store and was told that they had it at the Honolulu store. I left the store very upset and have no plans of ever going there again and if the store employees have a problem waiting on all of there customers then they really don't want everyone businesses.

Comment (0)

We have come into the store in Yakima, Washington to purchase a television and for the last two times have been ignored they say they will be right with us and after waiting. Twenty minutes with no help we leave the store in frustration. I am calling the Best Buy headquarters tomorrow with my complaint!

Comment (0)

Everyone told us not to buy from Best Buy because once they have your money they could care less about you, their customer & today this was proven true. You can be assured this is our last purchase from Best Buy. The Kitchen Aid downdraft vent that was delivered to us was a used, returned item, and a defective vent. We paid full price for a new vent. Our contractor returned the vent to the Bloomingdale store today, a credit was issued & he was advised a vent would be reordered & would be delivered in about three weeks! We have already waited several weeks for this one. When our contractor stated this was unacceptable Dan Cavazos, your employee stated he could ask for a rush.

But our contractor felt that Dan had no interest in doing this & probably wouldn't. Our contractor was able to temporarily install the Kitchen Aid cook top, also ordered from Best Buy. But now we have to pay him additional fees to return here to install the second vent. Why should we have to go this additional expense plus be so inconvenienced. We now have a gaping hole in our counter top & the cook top is just temporary. We have a large family event planned in less than two weeks, with out of town guest staying with us & our kitchen is a mess.

Best Buy is a large organization, why on earth are they not able to get an inconvenienced customer a replacement for a defective item sooner than three weeks. Since Best Buy can give us no service,you can be assured tomorrow we will be at HHGreg & other stores to determine if they can give us better service than you organization. I have also sent an email to Kitchen Aid letting them know how disappointed we are in there product.

This is a copy of the email I attempted to send to Best Buy through their customer service email. What a joke, the site continually gave a message that the email could not be sent.

Comment (0)

I put a item (computer monitor) into my cart for the early access president's sale yesterday morning. I took a screenshot to send to my husband to see what he thought and waited for him to respond. When I came back to complete my purchase the price went up to regular price. I tried to log back in and the price would not come back. I went to a local store where they told me they could not do anything because it was early access.

I called 1-888-best-buy customer service phone number and was literally on the phone with customer service for an hour before the manager hung up on me. They told me there was nothing they can do because this item is not part of the sale. I said I have proof. I took a screenshot. She got her manager and said there was no way for me to send them my image and they would not honor it. This is false advertisement and rude customer service.

Comment (0)

Best Buy in Lafayette la would rather watch me carry a infant seat and printer with 10 people standing around not one offered to help. Customer service also gave all kinds of issues picking up my purchase. Buggy is not made to carry infant and purchase.

Comment (0)

My husband to our laptop computer into the local Best Buy this morning with an issue of a darkening screen. We have a current maintenance contract, When the technician plugged in the computer the screen was completely black. Ben was told the back light was out. He was told it would cost $250 to repair and recommended a replcement. Ben discussed prices on a new computer and left with our computer. When he got home I plugged in the computer and the screen was still slightly dark BUT NOT BLACK. I am now very suspecious of Best Buy's motives and WILL NOT but from them when I do replace our current computer.

Comment (0)

I purchased a Surface Pro 4, item# 4523700 on Jan. 8, 2016. Purchased at store #552, 12495 SW 88th Street, Miami, FL 33186. Purchase price $1,299.99. I visited Best Buy online on Sunday Jan 17, 2016. Found the same item on sale for $300 less at $999.99. Contacted live chat support. They were not able to price match and asked that I visited the store. The store was closed and I needed to wait until Monday, Jan. 18th.

Visited the store Jan. 18th. Customer service said they could not help me because the price had gone back up to $1,299.99. They would not honor my online contact the day before when the item was on sale at $999.99. Not the first incident at this store. I had wireless earphones given to me as a gift for Christmas, purchased at Best Buy. They did not work. I went to the store for an exchange. I did not have the original receipt nor was a gift receipt provided to me. I did provide however, the complete package with merchandise to the customer service rep. She went somewhere to a back room to speak to a manager, manager did not make an appearance, and she stated there is nothing that could be done in my case.

I like the purchasing experience at Best Buy, but anything on the other end is not pleasant to deal with. On a go forward, I plan to take my business to a competitor, even if it results in paying higher prices.

Comment (2)

I placed a order for a electric range on DECEMBER 5,2015 at the Best Buy store on Ritchie Hwy in Glenburnie Md 21061. at that time I was told that my order would take 2-3 weeks to come in. The 2-3 weeks turned into a month which made my appliance to be set up for a delivery on 1/5/16. I received a delivery time frame for 1/5/16 between 2-6pm. After waiting a month for my purchase once the delivery man arrived at my home he once then brought in the range which turned out to be the wrong item. At this point I'am furious because I had waited a month for the range and now was sent the wrong order. I then made several attempts to call the Best buy store but was unable to reach someone.

I then drove to the store and spoke with the gentleman who originally placed my order and he said after checking the order that he had made a mistake of placing the wrong order. So now once again I have to re-order another range and wait another couple of weeks for it to be delivered. So in the mean time I placed another order and picked a new delivery date of 1/9/16. The salesperson confirmed my date for 1/9/16 and said that someone would call with a time frame a couple of days prior to the delivery. So on 1/9/16 I waited for my delivery between 2-6pm and no one showed up with my order.

I then at about 6:15 pm called the the store and spoke with a salesmen stating that my order did not make it to the warehouse so a new delivery date was set up for 1/13/16.First of I never received a call from Best Buy customer service stating that my order was not in the warehouse, secondly no one ever call me to ask if I was available for a new delivery date. I then had to go to the store once again after missing work for a delivery that never showed up and driving again to speak to someone about this situation. The manager came out and had no remorse or and concern for what had happened.

Comment (0)

I was charged the monthly fee and was going to be selling the phone so I called to cancel so that when the month was over that I would not be charged again.. Well I call to make a claim on the phone and the guy wanted to get smart with me and said it was canceled and I was getting a refund then. I said that the person did not tell me that nor did they tell me I was getting a refund. I did not ask for a refund cause I was under the impression that it was still under contract till the end of the month. Now I am waiting on the phone for his supervisor and its been over 20 mins. wow great customer service.

Comment (0)

I purchased an open box smart tv from Best Buy for a Christmas gift. When the tv was plugged up it did not work. The nearest Best Buy to the family that the tv was given was 1-1/2 hours away but they drove the tv there. All information was given to the customer service people and they were able to pull all information up and see the tv was paid for, etc. There reply was they could not do anything to help us but would send a label within the next 5-7 days and once the tv was back to the distribution warehouse, they would return the money within another 5-10 days. This is truly unacceptable for consumers to be treated this way when the tv was bought in good faith accepting their word that the tv was just an open box and there was not anything wrong.

Comment (0)

My wife and I went to our best Buy in Winchester, Va. on black Friday to purchase a smart phone for her. She was pretty excited about it until 4 and 1/2 hrs. later we finally left the store, the hold up was no one could get through to corporate to issue the $250.00 best buy gift card. Finally we had enough and told them to send it to my e-mail. Got a phone call saying that it would be issued in 24 to 48 hrs. Well three weeks later I went to the store to find out what happened and boy you sure have a lot of love for your customers. I was treated like I had robbed the place, and was waiting for the cops to arrive. I will be honest with you we finally did receive the gift card, but once It is spent I will never shop in your stores again

Comment (0)

I purchased a Dell laptop and have had continued issues with it and it's software. I purchased a GEEK squad service package and have called a minimum of 20 phone service calls in less than 10 months. I finally agree to pay the $49.99 in home service call, took off any entire day from work (my appointment was schedule for between 12:00 and 4:00 pm), sat the entire day only to receive a call at 3:45 pm saying that they couldn't find the home. 12 years ago I lived in Riverside county, then I moved elsewhere and live there 7 years and now live in LA county. They had my appointment scheduled at my address from 12 years ago and the technician said. Sorry he couldn't help me and that I would have to reschedule. No one would take responsibility and Best Buy customer service, well they gave me a sorry-ass apology!

Comment (0)

I went in to get a new Verizon phone contract for 2 phones on 10/30/15, at the Best Buy Baldwin NY store location. The sales person Nick (employee# 1200258) had totally misrepresented the pricing for my contract. I did keep the paper work which he wrote on (attached), because there was another lady there, complaining about her bill. First, I was told there would be no upgrade charge. This is represented by a $0 charge for each phone on my credit card bill (attached) The problem is that Verizon charged me. They said speak to you. The Best Buy manager said speak to them.

Second, the plan was presented as $20/month access fee per phone ($16.20 with the school teacher discount of 19%) plus the $45 3gb shared plan. I could either pay a $25.42 charge each month for the phone, or buy the phone for $100 each and avoid the installment charge. I commented who in their right mind would pay $610 in 24 months, than pay $100 one time. He replied some people do not have the money.

I restated that I would be responsible for $16.20 for each phone, and the $45 for the data, plus taxes. About $80 plus taxes. He said yes. I said I would take the phones, which when he put them in the system, said they where now on sale for $49.99 each. What he didn't say was that the access charge would go to $40 each, and that the teacher discount was on the $45 data plan, and not the access fees. He basically got everything wrong.

The person trying to rectify this said, I can do nothing. This was a Verizon plan, I was past the 14 day return date (I didn't know of the problems till the phone bill came 30 days later). Verizon said this was a best buy problem. Even the person looking at this problem, tried to get me to change to the installment plan, thinking it would be cheaper, but forgot to add 1 phones $25.42/month into the calculations. The manager Yohance Anderson, was sitting right there, and had no time for me. I waited 20 minutes)

So basically I had to pay the $80 one time upgrade fee, and an extra $40 month for access ($960). So I paid the bill (so as not to ruin my credit). I will no longer shop here, will boycott Best Buy corporate offices, and I will cancel my Best Buy credit card.

Comment (0)

My son and I each have best buy visa cards. because the item my son wanted cost more than his credit limit we chose to use both cards, because I was to be out of town, my husband, an attorney, drafted a power of attorney granting my son the right to use my card to make a purchase. When my son presented the power to customer service at your boardman, ohio store he was told that my legally binding power was absolutely worthless. In a very short time each customer service rep became extremely rude. One of them started yelling at my son. My son, matthew, is autistic. When he got home he was visibly shaken and began to pace around the house. pacing is a coping mechanism matt uses when he is extremely upset.

Best buy's corporate policies leave much to be desired. in fact, your online cancellation policy clearly violates federal law. your policy states that cancellations must be made within a mere 30 minutes of the moment of purchase. However, the commercial codes at both federal and state levels grant the buyer the right to cancel up to the time at which goods are shipped. Amazon recognizes the law. Why do you choose to break it? Greed, perhaps.
should my son not be handsomely compensated for his mental anguish caused by your employees, my husband will file complaints in each and every appropriate forum. your litigation costs would be extremely high. I am also considering to notify 60 minutes to tell them how your company treats those afflicted with autism. I anticipate your prompt and considered attention to this matter.

Comment (0)

On December 3, 2015 I drove to Delaware to pick up my Grandson's desk top computer, along with the graphics card purchased from Best Buy online, and drop off at the location above. The computer was working fine, with no issues. We just wanted it to have a better graphics card installed. Throughout this process, I told the Best Buy associates that we needed the computer back before December 14, 2015. I was told that the install would take 3 to 5 days. When I checked the status online, it indicated "Checked in and will be assigned". I called the store on December 6, 2015 and the phone rang for 30 minutes, with no answer. I went to the store and the Geek squad associate told me that the computer was currently being worked on and would be ready for pickup the next day. I had to return to Virginia to work. I called several times the next day, but once again nobody answered the phone on the Geek Squad extension.

When I checked the status online, it indicated "Checked in and will be assigned". I call the Geek Squad at 1-800-433-5778, explained the situation, and they attempted to contact the Delaware store for me. When they could not get a response, they told me they would email the manager and have him contact me with Status. I did not receive a response. I checked the status online, it indicated "Checked in and will be assigned". I called the store today and got a sales associate, explained the situation to her and she walked over to the Geek Squad to get status for me.

She came back to the phone and told me that the Agent she spoke with told her the computer will be ready in 48 hours, because the computer had to be taken apart to perform the repair. As I mentioned above, I was told the on December 6, 2015 that the technician was working on it. Throughout this process, I told the Best Buy associates that we needed the computer back in time for a December 14, 2015 departure date. At this point, I felt that it was time to contact you.

Keep in mind, I am doing all of this from Fredericksburg, Virginia. I purchase electronics. for family members living and attend school in other states, from Best Buy. Our experiences with Geek Squad service on these products have always been favorable. I have always been informed of my service status if it can't be performed as planned. I understand this is a busy time. However, at a minimum, I should have receive an update from the location performing the service if they could not deliver as promised? This would have allowed me to make other arrangements, in order to meet our deadline. At this point I do not have time to make other arrangements.

Please look into this issue for me as soon as possible. My Grandson is leaving College and entering the United States Marines on December 14, 2015. We are all sad that he will not be with us for the holidays and hope that you can ensure the return of his computer prior to his departure. He doesn't drive so we need to know the service is completed, before we can make arrangements to have pick it up.

Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter.

Comment (0)

My complaint is that I was double charged. Best buy says they never too ANY money Well, I conference called in my bank and they verified double charge. Best buy again says never charged. Even after calling their billing number to complain. I actually received my item and was charged for 2 they say NO CHARGES. Never shopping at Best Buy again.

Comment (0)

Hi, I purchase a Toshiba Laptop in August of 2014. about 2 months into having the computer, I had to take it back to the store because of technical difficulties. During this time, I explained to the geek squad agent that my mouse pad has been sticking and I have to constantly tap it for it to work. A few months after I had to return the laptop again because I received a message stating that my 1 year subscription to Microsoft 365 has expired way before the expiration date. I complaint about the mouse sticking again and still nothing. All I was told is that the mouse seems to be working fine. I then inquired about returning the computer because I am having so much issues with it. I was told that I could not return because of a mouse issue, if it have to be something more serious of a matter.

Feeling like I am stuck with a product that was obviously a bad choice I took my lap top home and left it untouched for a few months. When I finally decided to use the computer again, I encountered another issue with Malware, although I purchased the protection plan from best buy. Seeing that I couldn't take any more of this obvious defective product, I inquired about my warranty again, this time I was told that my warranty has expired and there is nothing can be done. Called the phone number to complain to the Best Buy corporate office, but they did not answer either.

I was really disappointed at this point. I have made several complaints about this laptop which I feel had a defect from the beginning and no one did anything. Now I am stuck with a laptop that has a defective mouse pad and the solution that I was told was to purchase and external mouse for the laptop. My experience with this service was really unacceptable. I feel that the customer service representatives are trained to not honor the warranty that a customer paid for to ensure quality product. It was just a total rip off to pay for a warranty that could not be used although I complained about the defective product. No one did anything to assist, not even document my complaints now I'm stuck with a laptop that continuously gives my problems and to top it off the mouse pad decided not to work at all anymore.

Comment (0)

Went to the Best Buy Black Friday sale for the 50 inch tv for 149.99 was in line for a ticket the people in front of line kept letting their family an friends get in line with them. A lady complained to the person who was in control of the line he said he could not control that they should not let people skip line that he could not do anything about it. Which caused me and my son not to get a ticket for the TV. I know it just a TV that why I did not complain or cause fuss a the store I just thing they could have handle it better.

Comment (0)

My husband, Rouel Paz, purchase ipad-mini via online on 11/23 and we have 4 gift cards amounting to $350,00 (3 - $100 and 1-$50). When he finalized his order he noticed that he forgot to include the $50 gift card and cancelled his order. When he redo the order, he noticed that the other $100 gift card is reduced to $50. And today, November 24, we called customer service to complain as to why the gift card balance got reduced. The first person my husband talked to was able to add 34.58 to the missing $50 and will send the remaining balance via mail. When my husband checked the amount again it is now showing a balance of ZERO. We were transferred to supervisor and now they are telling us to wait 3-5 business days to have this fix. We are on the phone for more than 3 hours and they cannot return back the original value of $100 to our gift card. This is a very bad customer service.

Comment (0)

2 days late on returning item. Went on vacation after spending $248.00 on a vizio sound bar. Was told to purchase a digital optical cord ($24.00). Best Buy would not issue me a credit for the cord which did not fit my tv. I left the cord and told them to keep it. What was I going to do with it? I have spent a lot of money there over the years and to be denied the credit is just not right. Now they get to re-stock it and profit twice on the cord. This is the second complaint I have filed with you. Looking for help.

Comment (0)

I am so tired of trying to buy something on sale at Best Buy. You weekly sales or Deal of the Day are just a way to get people into the store. You never have the product or so limited that they try to sell you something else or just tough! With no availability of a rain check online or at the store. I have had this experience on more than one occasion. Once for a TV, Samsung Tablet, and now for a cell phone.
You had a special on the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge + 64 GB Gold Platinum for $249.99 with a 2 year contract with Verizon. A saving of $ 200.00. The sale was from 11/11/2015 to 11/14/2015. I called my Best Buy store first thing on 11/11/2015 @ 10:00 AM when the store opened to find out (as usual) that they were our of stock and to try to get it on line. How can you put stuff on sale when you do not have it in stock? I went on line and guess what no phones available.

Only one phone available in black and it was 32 GB. The online customer rep checked all the stores in Michigan and none available. She was very helpful and noted that this is not unusual and so did the store manager at my Best Buy. I am a senior citizen and try to save money where possible and when I cannot even get a deal that you falsely promote and you will not even honor it with a rain check you should be ashamed of yourselves. I will never, ever purchase anything from your company again. I was so mad and very disappointed and I will make sure I let everyone know that I possible can. I will post it to social media for sure and make sure I put a complaint on every website I can find about Best Buy. I know this email will not make a difference, but I home someone will have the respect to respond and if possible honor you sale and find the cell phone for me!

Browse reviews of other Electronics Stores

Have feedback for Best Buy?