Customer Satisfaction Results
1.93 out of 5 Stars
169 Consumer Reviews

Best Buy
Complaint Department

Best Buy Company, Inc is an American multinational consumer electronics company. There are 1,050 Best Buy locations in the US and 125,000 employees. It is publicly traded on the NYSE:BBY. Revenues have dropped the last ten quarters and marketing will primarily lean towards digital advertising as opposed to paper.

If you have a problem with a Best Buy purchase you may call 1-888-237-8289.  You may also contact the CEO, Hubert Joly at the corporate office address, 7601 Penn Ave. S, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55423. Corporate office phone number is 877-415-3487. The customer forums are another place that Best Buy suggests you look for help.

Known for its 24/7 Geek Squad, Best Buy was founded by Richard M. Schulze in 1966 and originally called Sound of Music. You may find forums on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin helpful as well.

Have you had problems with Best Buy?

Compare Best Buy to Similar Electronics Stores more...

Top 169 Reviews about Best Buy

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Best Buy customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Best Buy in Lafayette la would rather watch me carry a infant seat and printer with 10 people standing around not one offered to help. Customer service also gave all kinds of issues picking up my purchase. Buggy is not made to carry infant and purchase.

Upvote (0)

My husband to our laptop computer into the local Best Buy this morning with an issue of a darkening screen. We have a current maintenance contract, When the technician plugged in the computer the screen was completely black. Ben was told the back light was out. He was told it would cost $250 to repair and recommended a replcement. Ben discussed prices on a new computer and left with our computer. When he got home I plugged in the computer and the screen was still slightly dark BUT NOT BLACK. I am now very suspecious of Best Buy's motives and WILL NOT but from them when I do replace our current computer.

Upvote (0)

I purchased a Surface Pro 4, item# 4523700 on Jan. 8, 2016. Purchased at store #552, 12495 SW 88th Street, Miami, FL 33186. Purchase price $1,299.99. I visited Best Buy online on Sunday Jan 17, 2016. Found the same item on sale for $300 less at $999.99. Contacted live chat support. They were not able to price match and asked that I visited the store. The store was closed and I needed to wait until Monday, Jan. 18th.

Visited the store Jan. 18th. Customer service said they could not help me because the price had gone back up to $1,299.99. They would not honor my online contact the day before when the item was on sale at $999.99. Not the first incident at this store. I had wireless earphones given to me as a gift for Christmas, purchased at Best Buy. They did not work. I went to the store for an exchange. I did not have the original receipt nor was a gift receipt provided to me. I did provide however, the complete package with merchandise to the customer service rep. She went somewhere to a back room to speak to a manager, manager did not make an appearance, and she stated there is nothing that could be done in my case.

I like the purchasing experience at Best Buy, but anything on the other end is not pleasant to deal with. On a go forward, I plan to take my business to a competitor, even if it results in paying higher prices.

Upvote (2)

I placed a order for a electric range on DECEMBER 5,2015 at the Best Buy store on Ritchie Hwy in Glenburnie Md 21061. at that time I was told that my order would take 2-3 weeks to come in. The 2-3 weeks turned into a month which made my appliance to be set up for a delivery on 1/5/16. I received a delivery time frame for 1/5/16 between 2-6pm. After waiting a month for my purchase once the delivery man arrived at my home he once then brought in the range which turned out to be the wrong item. At this point I'am furious because I had waited a month for the range and now was sent the wrong order. I then made several attempts to call the Best buy store but was unable to reach someone.

I then drove to the store and spoke with the gentleman who originally placed my order and he said after checking the order that he had made a mistake of placing the wrong order. So now once again I have to re-order another range and wait another couple of weeks for it to be delivered. So in the mean time I placed another order and picked a new delivery date of 1/9/16. The salesperson confirmed my date for 1/9/16 and said that someone would call with a time frame a couple of days prior to the delivery. So on 1/9/16 I waited for my delivery between 2-6pm and no one showed up with my order.

I then at about 6:15 pm called the the store and spoke with a salesmen stating that my order did not make it to the warehouse so a new delivery date was set up for 1/13/16.First of I never received a call from Best Buy customer service stating that my order was not in the warehouse, secondly no one ever call me to ask if I was available for a new delivery date. I then had to go to the store once again after missing work for a delivery that never showed up and driving again to speak to someone about this situation. The manager came out and had no remorse or and concern for what had happened.

Upvote (0)

I purchased a Dell laptop and have had continued issues with it and it's software. I purchased a GEEK squad service package and have called a minimum of 20 phone service calls in less than 10 months. I finally agree to pay the $49.99 in home service call, took off any entire day from work (my appointment was schedule for between 12:00 and 4:00 pm), sat the entire day only to receive a call at 3:45 pm saying that they couldn't find the home. 12 years ago I lived in Riverside county, then I moved elsewhere and live there 7 years and now live in LA county. They had my appointment scheduled at my address from 12 years ago and the technician said. Sorry he couldn't help me and that I would have to reschedule. No one would take responsibility and Best Buy customer service, well they gave me a sorry-ass apology!

Upvote (0)

I went in to get a new Verizon phone contract for 2 phones on 10/30/15, at the Best Buy Baldwin NY store location. The sales person Nick (employee# 1200258) had totally misrepresented the pricing for my contract. I did keep the paper work which he wrote on (attached), because there was another lady there, complaining about her bill. First, I was told there would be no upgrade charge. This is represented by a $0 charge for each phone on my credit card bill (attached) The problem is that Verizon charged me. They said speak to you. The Best Buy manager said speak to them.

Second, the plan was presented as $20/month access fee per phone ($16.20 with the school teacher discount of 19%) plus the $45 3gb shared plan. I could either pay a $25.42 charge each month for the phone, or buy the phone for $100 each and avoid the installment charge. I commented who in their right mind would pay $610 in 24 months, than pay $100 one time. He replied some people do not have the money.

I restated that I would be responsible for $16.20 for each phone, and the $45 for the data, plus taxes. About $80 plus taxes. He said yes. I said I would take the phones, which when he put them in the system, said they where now on sale for $49.99 each. What he didn't say was that the access charge would go to $40 each, and that the teacher discount was on the $45 data plan, and not the access fees. He basically got everything wrong.

The person trying to rectify this said, I can do nothing. This was a Verizon plan, I was past the 14 day return date (I didn't know of the problems till the phone bill came 30 days later). Verizon said this was a best buy problem. Even the person looking at this problem, tried to get me to change to the installment plan, thinking it would be cheaper, but forgot to add 1 phones $25.42/month into the calculations. The manager Yohance Anderson, was sitting right there, and had no time for me. I waited 20 minutes)

So basically I had to pay the $80 one time upgrade fee, and an extra $40 month for access ($960). So I paid the bill (so as not to ruin my credit). I will no longer shop here, will boycott Best Buy corporate offices, and I will cancel my Best Buy credit card.

Upvote (0)

My son and I each have best buy visa cards. because the item my son wanted cost more than his credit limit we chose to use both cards, because I was to be out of town, my husband, an attorney, drafted a power of attorney granting my son the right to use my card to make a purchase. When my son presented the power to customer service at your boardman, ohio store he was told that my legally binding power was absolutely worthless. In a very short time each customer service rep became extremely rude. One of them started yelling at my son. My son, matthew, is autistic. When he got home he was visibly shaken and began to pace around the house. pacing is a coping mechanism matt uses when he is extremely upset.

Best buy's corporate policies leave much to be desired. in fact, your online cancellation policy clearly violates federal law. your policy states that cancellations must be made within a mere 30 minutes of the moment of purchase. However, the commercial codes at both federal and state levels grant the buyer the right to cancel up to the time at which goods are shipped. Amazon recognizes the law. Why do you choose to break it? Greed, perhaps.
should my son not be handsomely compensated for his mental anguish caused by your employees, my husband will file complaints in each and every appropriate forum. your litigation costs would be extremely high. I am also considering to notify 60 minutes to tell them how your company treats those afflicted with autism. I anticipate your prompt and considered attention to this matter.

Upvote (0)

My complaint is that I was double charged. Best buy says they never too ANY money Well, I conference called in my bank and they verified double charge. Best buy again says never charged. Even after calling their billing number to complain. I actually received my item and was charged for 2 they say NO CHARGES. Never shopping at Best Buy again.

Upvote (0)

Hi, I purchase a Toshiba Laptop in August of 2014. about 2 months into having the computer, I had to take it back to the store because of technical difficulties. During this time, I explained to the geek squad agent that my mouse pad has been sticking and I have to constantly tap it for it to work. A few months after I had to return the laptop again because I received a message stating that my 1 year subscription to Microsoft 365 has expired way before the expiration date. I complaint about the mouse sticking again and still nothing. All I was told is that the mouse seems to be working fine. I then inquired about returning the computer because I am having so much issues with it. I was told that I could not return because of a mouse issue, if it have to be something more serious of a matter.

Feeling like I am stuck with a product that was obviously a bad choice I took my lap top home and left it untouched for a few months. When I finally decided to use the computer again, I encountered another issue with Malware, although I purchased the protection plan from best buy. Seeing that I couldn't take any more of this obvious defective product, I inquired about my warranty again, this time I was told that my warranty has expired and there is nothing can be done. Called the phone number to complain to the Best Buy corporate office, but they did not answer either.

I was really disappointed at this point. I have made several complaints about this laptop which I feel had a defect from the beginning and no one did anything. Now I am stuck with a laptop that has a defective mouse pad and the solution that I was told was to purchase and external mouse for the laptop. My experience with this service was really unacceptable. I feel that the customer service representatives are trained to not honor the warranty that a customer paid for to ensure quality product. It was just a total rip off to pay for a warranty that could not be used although I complained about the defective product. No one did anything to assist, not even document my complaints now I'm stuck with a laptop that continuously gives my problems and to top it off the mouse pad decided not to work at all anymore.

Upvote (0)

Went to the Best Buy Black Friday sale for the 50 inch tv for 149.99 was in line for a ticket the people in front of line kept letting their family an friends get in line with them. A lady complained to the person who was in control of the line he said he could not control that they should not let people skip line that he could not do anything about it. Which caused me and my son not to get a ticket for the TV. I know it just a TV that why I did not complain or cause fuss a the store I just thing they could have handle it better.

Upvote (0)

My husband, Rouel Paz, purchase ipad-mini via online on 11/23 and we have 4 gift cards amounting to $350,00 (3 - $100 and 1-$50). When he finalized his order he noticed that he forgot to include the $50 gift card and cancelled his order. When he redo the order, he noticed that the other $100 gift card is reduced to $50. And today, November 24, we called customer service to complain as to why the gift card balance got reduced. The first person my husband talked to was able to add 34.58 to the missing $50 and will send the remaining balance via mail. When my husband checked the amount again it is now showing a balance of ZERO. We were transferred to supervisor and now they are telling us to wait 3-5 business days to have this fix. We are on the phone for more than 3 hours and they cannot return back the original value of $100 to our gift card. This is a very bad customer service.

Upvote (0)

2 days late on returning item. Went on vacation after spending $248.00 on a vizio sound bar. Was told to purchase a digital optical cord ($24.00). Best Buy would not issue me a credit for the cord which did not fit my tv. I left the cord and told them to keep it. What was I going to do with it? I have spent a lot of money there over the years and to be denied the credit is just not right. Now they get to re-stock it and profit twice on the cord. This is the second complaint I have filed with you. Looking for help.

Upvote (0)

I am so tired of trying to buy something on sale at Best Buy. You weekly sales or Deal of the Day are just a way to get people into the store. You never have the product or so limited that they try to sell you something else or just tough! With no availability of a rain check online or at the store. I have had this experience on more than one occasion. Once for a TV, Samsung Tablet, and now for a cell phone.
You had a special on the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge + 64 GB Gold Platinum for $249.99 with a 2 year contract with Verizon. A saving of $ 200.00. The sale was from 11/11/2015 to 11/14/2015. I called my Best Buy store first thing on 11/11/2015 @ 10:00 AM when the store opened to find out (as usual) that they were our of stock and to try to get it on line. How can you put stuff on sale when you do not have it in stock? I went on line and guess what no phones available.

Only one phone available in black and it was 32 GB. The online customer rep checked all the stores in Michigan and none available. She was very helpful and noted that this is not unusual and so did the store manager at my Best Buy. I am a senior citizen and try to save money where possible and when I cannot even get a deal that you falsely promote and you will not even honor it with a rain check you should be ashamed of yourselves. I will never, ever purchase anything from your company again. I was so mad and very disappointed and I will make sure I let everyone know that I possible can. I will post it to social media for sure and make sure I put a complaint on every website I can find about Best Buy. I know this email will not make a difference, but I home someone will have the respect to respond and if possible honor you sale and find the cell phone for me!

Upvote (0)

My daughter's ipod touch 5 would no longer turn on. We took it to best buy to replace back in Sept, because we purchased in Nov of 2014 That time they were willing to replace, then I asked them if they could transfer everything that was on the defective ipod to the new one. But the problem was my daughter couldn't remember her icloud password. So they told us to call Apple and made us give back the replacement. SO I call Apple but my daughter still could not remember her security question answers. SO I just decided to go back to Best buy(today Nov 8 2105) and replace the ipod and start fresh and make this one under my Apple id. They wouldn't do it. The jerk you have working as the Group Leader in the Customer Service Dept at the Hagerstown, MD store, wouldn't know customer service if it bit him in the ass.

He could have cared less about my situation and my frustration. He told me my warranty was almost up, but still wouldn't help. How can you tell a customer that your warranty is ALMOST up but not help. I worked in Customer Support. Warranty at for 9 yrs and if I ever told a customer that their warranty was ALMOST up but not help with something or all. I would have been looking for another job. Your company does not put the customer first. I even lost out on the money that I paid back in Sept for the difference of cost for the replacement one. All he was worried about was getting an a defective ipod back that your company wouldn't be able to refurbish because it would be locked. If my warranty was still in, I should still be entitled to a new ipod.

If you are not willing to make this right, then I will never spend a dime in another Best Buy I will also spread the word that Best buy can not be trusted and do not value their customers.

Upvote (0)

Approached by Steven, a store sales person (looks like a clown) and accused me of stealing a memory card out of a camera and I was then told that the cameras didn't have a memory cards installed. When I showed him that the cameras didn't display functions for the many buttons attached he said it was because the memory card wasn't installed. Then accused me of arguing with him. I told Steven I wasn't arguing with him and that other stores had cameras on display without memory cards and they displayed the functions for all the attached buttons. That's when he finally offered to install a memory card (carried in his pocked) so I could check the functions of the cameras. After returning home I called and talked to a manager named Mason from store #445. He told me this sales person was a supervisor and one of the best sales personnel he had. I ended the call with; Sales persons should look and act professional. So what can corporate do for me. Just take a look at Sales Person Steven ( if you can without laughing) and tell me he looks like a professional. And if that is true, then why do all the other sales people look like normal Professionals!

Upvote (0)

I placed an online order and I called Best Buy customer service on 11/06 /15 at 4:59 PM because UPS lied about attempting to deliver the package to my daughter who stayed home all day expecting this delivery. They usually leave the package at the door, or leave a slip on the door. This was not done, so I asked the Best Buy Agent to contact UPS. She was very reluctant to do so, kept me on hold for over 30 minutes, then hung up on me when I asked for a supervisor. No one called me back, and they have all my contact information. I called back several times after that, and was on hold each time for more than 20 minutes without anyone picking up the phone. If their calls are recorded as they state, they should review the call. I was not rude. Their agent was very passive-aggressive. I just wanted them to intervene on my behalf with UPS, not act as if it was no BIG DEAL that a re-delivery attempt would be made on Monday 11/09/15. My daughter is a college student who stayed home on FRIDAY for this delivery. I'm very upset. Worst Customer Service ever!

Upvote (0)

The 53"inch Samsung TV"my Husband and I, bought from Best Buy around 4years ago needed service the first month.and now it's no longer usable because of ticking noises. We paid a lot of money for your product and we're out of a TV". Hopefully you value your customers and your product to try and appease your customers some way to fix this problem. Also learn on the Internet that there was a large suit against you all about this probably we are experiencing now with Our television. Will be faithfully waiting for a response from your Company.

Upvote (0)

I took back a Linksys router that was not used and was told there was a 15 day no return policy that I wasn't aware of and did not get a refund. so I now have my own policy, I will never buy anything at best buy again! I own 3 businesses, I buy printers, I am always replacing TVs I own 36 TVs and replace them occasionaly, replaced a 60 inch today at ABC, bought an Epson printer at staples today am adding to my sonos and camera system, ink, dvds etc. I will never make a purchase at Best Buy again. I hope the $249.99 was worth that business to you.

Upvote (0)

Best Buy used my credit card without my approval. I had a Geek credit for a year but apparently it closed on Sept 22, 2015 and I thought the credit ran through the 22nd. Instead of telling my credit ($199.00) ended they never said a word and in fact paid via my credit card. As I said, I never authorized this and shouldn't have to pay for this. If I knew the above I would never have allowed Geek people to work on my computer. This happened at the Fullerton Store on Imperial.

Upvote (0)

I have shopped at Best Buy for years and consider it to be a good store to find anything electronic. I was just in the Pineville NC store and was appalled at the apathy the workers showed and to be honest just basic rudeness.

I had trouble getting anyone to help me when I first came in. Normally I know where to go but I live in Greensboro, NC. I finally just walked up to someone and they told me where to find my item but I was an obvious interruption to their day.

Finally, I get my item, I'm ready to checkout and there is NO ONE at the checkouts. I stand there confused but no one tells me what to do. Finally, I find a sign at the very end of the checkouts saying go to customer service which is no where close to the checkouts.

Well, here is the final insult. The woman who checked me out was Monica (African American probably 25) who is rude (mainly in an unresponsive way) but also chewing gum very loudly in my face. When she asked for my best buy shoppers card, I responded I didn't have it with me and she rolled her eyes at me and asked for my phone number.

I just felt like the whole experience should have been better. The one shining moment was the lady at the door when I left. She was older and very friendly and thanked me for shopping at BB and to have a great day. She is the only reason I'm even giving this one star. When you spend hard earned money you expect better.

Upvote (0)

I went to Best Buy to purchase a new phone. I wanted to upgrade to either a Samsung Galaxy S6 or a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge as I already had the Samsung Galaxy S5 for quite some time.

After speaking with someone in the Samsung department, I was convinced the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge would be my phone of choice if it held up to vigorous use. After speaking with someone in the mobile department, I decided to either rent or purchase the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge as I was assured the phone was durable, had no issues and a full replacement warranty policy was available if I wanted to pay for it.

Since I have purchased several new phones from Best Buy and always done the same basic procedure to get one, I purchased the phone, a case, a screen protector and a replacement policy should anything happen to the phone. Although I was confused why I HAD to purchase the phone rather than take advantage of the lease/rental option, I made the purchase and had the mobile department set my phone up.

My current number was to be put on the new phone, but I was told I needed to go to a Sprint store to have them put my number on my new phone, so I left the store with a new unactivated phone with a screen saver installed by the Geek Squad and several accessory items.

I used the phone for two days and was disappointed to see the screen saver starting to peel. Since I was told I had a few days to have the screen saver reinstalled at no cost, I went to the store to have it replaced. As I got out of my vehicle, I accidently dropped the phone and when I picked it up, I noticed it was flashing an array of colors.

I noticed that although I had a screen saver on the screen and the phone protected in a flip case, the screen was destroyed on the upper tight hand corner. Further disappointment followed as I went into the store to show them what happened to my phone. I was told that if I wanted to make a claim, I would need to pay a $200 dollar deductible. I was then informed that although they had NO contract to show me where I agreed to pay $200 deductible, I had to pay it if I wanted a phone.

I had never experienced this before and I was taken back by shock! Does this mean that every time my phone is slightly dropped, it will crack and I will need to pay another $200 deductible?

Since I was told I had several days to return the phone if I didn't like it, I then decided to pay the $200 dollar deductible, replace the phone and replace it with a hopefully more durable standard Samsung Galaxy S6. I was then informed that although they had NO contract to show me because "it is all electronic" and no warranty stating "the return time frame was void if I had a replacement phone for the one that broke"

Later they stated that I was given a hard copy of the Geek Squad policy, but I had NOT been. I was then told I would be E-mailed a copy of the document I had signed and a copy of the warranty stating I cannot return an exact replacement item issued by Best Buy.

I am extremely disappointed with the attitude and service I have received and surprised Best Buy would do this since I spend thousands with them every year! I know the majority of the people by face and several by name now! Is this now the new normal for Best Buy??

Upvote (0)

My granddaughter needed an adapter for her laptop when to the Best Buy in Hialeah Fl. and was looking for the one she originally had since I saw it on their website. When she went to the store they said they didn't carry that one and sold her a more expensive one she even showed them the ad and they just shrugged it off. I guess Best Buy is into False advertising now. I suggest you check out store #555 and see what's going on. Thank you for any consideration in this matter.

Upvote (0)

I purchased two laptops online with store pic up the next day. Total price for both was $504.78. Whenever there is action on my card I get a text from my bank, within a minute. Right on time I got an text telling me there was a $504 hold put on the account. The available balance now should show the hold with the pending transaction later.

So about a minute later there is another text for the same amount. Now there are two holds totaling $1008. This has happened before and it messes up the whole account. I'm there at the store picking up the laptops, and for some reason they refunded me $6.48 off the $504. Tis plays a part later in the story.

I asked about the other hold. They were rude and talked to me like I was stupid. I'm 64 freakin years old. They say that they did not charge my card, which is right, But a hold is like spending it. WE go around for a while and they give me a phone number in Atlanta. I'm in the California desert here. So after the robot gets done I explain this whole thing again. They tell me they will send a letter of release.

I need this money. I'm on a fixed income. This account is only for SSI, and a couple pensions to be direct deposited in. I can't add money to it. I have automatic payments coming out and like that. I wait all day and then I call the bank. They got the release form, but the dollar amount was wrong and the authorization number was wrong. Back to the two hour sessions. Best Buy tells me it will drop off in a couple weeks. REALLY??? I tell them I can't wait that long and besides it was there fault it was on there, not mine.

They send another FAX Same thing and the bank cannot accept the number from me, it has to come from Best Buy. In between these FAXes. I'm dealing with really rude and stupid people. So my bank tells me they will FAX them a letter and all they have to do is sign it and return.

So back to pending transaction. So back to Best Buy I go. This time they will not give their FAX number saying the can only send but not receive. I lost it. This is the sixth day SO I go down to the store and demand a refund on the laptops. Just like the movie Ground Hog Day, I explain the whole thing. Then they tell me it will be 3 to 5 business days for the money to be available. I took the laptops back and told them I'm getting some legal advice. And that is where I am now.

Upvote (0)

I bought an iPad and had it 3 weeks and it would not charge. I took it back for a return and they said no because I did not purchase the warranty they had to offer. After I complained again they exchange it with another which I did not want. This is the 2nd iPAD in 3 months that I have bought along with 2 cameras, computer, monitor, vacuum, games and much more. I feel that other stores have 30 days and Best Buy just wants to sell you the warranty. I have the Best Buy card and I want them to know this is the last time I will ever deal with them. Just 1 week over they want to get hateful and not help a loyal customer, that's poor business.

Upvote (0)

I found an ad on Xbox home about a trade in for 360's. ANY 360! "ANY WORKING 360" was the ad.

I take my console up there and it's 15 minutes until they figure out its a 20g. They say trade in value is 0. It's a working 360 but it has 0 value. The service people had no knowledge of this rebate, even tho I had called to ask about it several hrs before, and it was validated fully at that time. I returned home with console and looked up ad again. It said "ANY WORKING 360". I called best buy and spent 20 minutes, 15 of which on hold. Then I'm told it's a minimum of $125 for 'any' followed quickly by $175 for a 250g. Then back to a 20 g having no value.

This was all in one breath with me asking no questions. I fully understand the younger generation is better w computers but when it comes to getting your knowledge correct and customer service, this young generation sucks! I will still buy an xbox1 but I'm in no hurry and will prefer to buy from anyone other than Best buy.

Upvote (0)

I wanted to buy a new phone and have everything from my old phone transfered over. ( I did this 4 or 5 month ago at the same Best Buy..different salesman). A lady waited on me and said that I would have to wait till another salesperson was through because he was the only one that could do the transfer. I waited till he was through, the customers were looking at a phone and other items much more $$$ that mine. He looked at the phone and told me he couldn't transfer it over to another phone and suggested I go to Walmart or somewhere else. I told his that one of the salesmen did it for me before. He jerked the monitor around and said that it can't be done. Then he got up and left. We just bought a 56in TV and several Christmas present from Best Buy this year and you can believe that we will be looking else where next year, maybe Walmart!

Upvote (0)

My complaint is against Glenn, a member of the geek squad store #30 in St Louis. I bought a tablet there and it got a crack across the bottom. I went to the store to let the geek squad look at it. Glenn took the tablet out the box said someone applied pressure to the back, and that's why it cracked. He was very rude and arrogant. He spoke down to me has if I was stupid, and I inform him that he will not speak to me in that manner. He continue to do so. I didn't receive any customer service from him. I didn't go into the store for a refund, I wanted my tablet repaired.

I asked for the manager and he stated the manager will tell me the same thing, but the manager was helpful. He tried to solve the situation. He gave me a number for the manufacture customer service. This is not the first incident with the geek squad they are arrogant and disrespectful, and they DO NOT! know how to speak to customers. SOMETHING NEED TO CHANGE ! As a consumer spending money with your company, the customer service is HORRIBLE !

Upvote (0)

My Problem is shopping off of the website and buying such a large item sight unseen. I cant say that this is a complaint directly about Best Buy but I need Best Buy to relax their policy for me this one time. I purchased a refrigerator for the first time my refrigerator went out and so I was under pressure to make this decision that would be costly and fast. When I arrived to the store I had no idea how much these units cost ( I live on a tight budget) but I knew I needed this item. One of my dreams is to get my kitchen remolded with new counter tops, refurnish my , new sink and new appliances. I wanted to do this all at once, having the time to decide just what would fit my needs a capture my heart without breaking the bank. But there I was in the store about to make what I considered as a major purchase. While the item I saw on line was in the store put was not on the floor it was a Fridgedare 22.6 cu ft refrigerator with an ice maker on the outside something my child always wanted.

I purchased it sight unseen and once I got home it dawned on me that the unit may not fit into the slot that I had. Looking at the specs I noticed it said that the height was slightly over 68” which would not work for that space. So the next day I returned to Best Buy and exchanged the item for a Whirlpool note that the Whirlpool was not in stock either it had to be shipped from a warehouse and there was no floor model to see , so I purchased this too sight unseen . When the whirlpool arrived I was relieved to have a refrigerator. About a week later I went to my family member’s home to retrieve my frozen goods that they stored for me during this unexpected ordeal. Too my dismay the food I once housed into my old unit would not fit into my new unit. I had to give over half of the frozen items away because I had no room for them. So that the end I still lost. So here is the kicker today at work in the break room is the Frigidaire unit I wanted. I opened it and wow! What room …what space…I fell in love….but then I remembered why I pass it up it wouldn’t fit in the space I had…or would it. I notice that the even though the measurement stated the height of the unit slight above 68” that that was only for the doors.

The height of the body part of the unit was well under the 68” enough to fit into the space I needed. So now what can I do. So I called the Best Buy store I purchased it from I told them that I purchased the refrigerator and that it was slightly over the 15 day return exchange policy but I wanted the other unit badly. The two refrigerator cost the same amount in fact the lower the cost of the Whirlpool to match the cost of the Frigidaire because it needed to wait for it to arrive. I know that I should have moved quicker in making my decision that is my fault but have a heart Best Buy I’m not asking for money back all I want is the Frigidaire that I wanted from day one. If I show them both on the floor I would have made my choice then I would have seen that the measurement of the door was what the company was disclosing and that I would have been happy from day one. But now I have a unit that is too small for storage and makes me not so happy to see. Please have a heart and bend your policy just this once. You are a huge company and people would like to know that you think of us consumers has people and not just as numbers.

Upvote (0)

My husband and I bought a dishwasher on 4/6/2015 and was told that it had to be ordered and would be installed on 4/11/2015. Well, on that Saturday ( 4/11) the man (Craig) called and then came to our house and walked in and said quote "I cannot put your dishwasher in today because I don't have a pipe long enough. I'll call you on Monday." He left the dishwasher in the middle of my living room floor. He called on Monday evening a little after 6 p.m to say he would be out Tuesday to install our dishwasher. Well, my son had my truck and was gone to work and about 12:50 I took my dogs outside, and I went to go check my mail to see Craig's van sitting in my drive way. This man did NOT knock on my door, ring the door bell or nothing; if he had knocked or rang the door bell my dogs would have started barking.

I went to the back and let in my dogs to put them in my bedroom and when I went back out front, he was gone. I called XP Last Mile and I called the store, Best Buy, here in Wilmington, NC. I got NO WHERE with either place. The store manager here in Wilmington wanted to take my name and phone number to call me back because they said that he was busy with a customer....REALLY?! Somehow he was aware of the problem, and I had not even talked to him. When I called XP Last Mile, the girl put me on hold; now I know why. She called and talked to the manager of Best Buy Store (Sean). That is the ONLY way he (Sean) could have been aware of my complaint. Sean would not talk to me but he talked to these people, says a lot about his being professional. So I called best Buy Corp. offices and spoke to a guy there. He was very nice and told me that he was sending me a $50.00 gift card and would follow thru on the complaint. He put me on hold and when he came back he said quote "I called XP Last Mile and told them to send someone else to your home and to call you before he was to come out."

Well, on Wednesday, Craig, who was not suppose to come out by what Sean at your Corp. Office had told me, came back to my home. He NEVER called before coming to my home and when he came in and replaced my dishwasher, he left wet paper towels under my sink and water all over my floors. It went from my kitchen through my living room right on out my front door, and Craig NEVER bothered to clean up after himself. I called Best Buy Corp. Office again to speak to Sean and he was not there yet, so I talked to Drew and told him what I just told you. He assured me that he would give the message to Sean so he could call me back. I left my name and phone number with him to give to Sean and to this date 4/20/2015 Sean has NOT called me back.

I'm am so mad with Best Buy and this XP Last Mile group. I have told everyone that I have talked to NOT to buy a dishwasher from you guys. I told Sean that I wanted my $139.99 back due to fact of all the hell I've been through just to get a dishwasher installed. I guess I should have contacted the Better Business Bureau along with everyone else. I would like to hear back from someone about my complaint. I do have a justifiable complaint at that. We went back to Best Buy because we had bought a washing machine from you guys and had great service but NOT this time and I can tell you trying to buy me off with $50.00 gift card isn't going to be enough with me!!

Upvote (0)

I bought a dishwasher from Best Buy in November 2014 from the Pottstown, PA location. After it was installed, it worked for about 3 weeks, then totally broke down. I called Best Buy numerous times to cancel the order & have it returned. It took several weeks before they came out to pick it up, but they finally picked it up on 1/8/15. The customer service department assured me that after it was returned, my account would be credited for the full amount. I had made only one payment on the credit card, due to fact it was being returned.

After about 3 weeks, I called & the account was not credited. In addition, the Best Buy Credit Card department called me several times to ask for a payment. I explained the full situation that this item was being returned, therefore, I would not be making any more payments & to note this information on my file. Two days later, I received a bill with a late charge. I called customer service several more times after this, & each different person I spoke to said they knew nothing about this, & there were no notes on my file. However, Best Buy sent my husband an email stating that they did receive the dishwasher back & a credit would be coming soon.

In the meantime, I received several calls in the next few weeks (honestly every other day) asking me for a payment. Not one representative I spoke to said there was anything on my file indicating the item was returned. A few weeks later I received another bill with a second late charge. I called the actual store I purchased the item from & they said they did not know what I should do.

Finally in April, a credit came through, but they did not credit the entire amount. Even worse than all of the time I have wasted on phone calls, is that my credit rating was adversely affected. I tried to apply for a car loan & was not approved as it stated this charge changed my credit rating from Good to Fair, so I could not get the loan on my own. I am furious beyond belief. I don't know if anyone in authority will ever see this, but I would never enter a Best Buy store again for any reason.

Upvote (0)

I bought a 60 inches Samsung TV last September and the service plan for $200, all together $2000 dollars. Last March 21st the TV was dropped by accident by my 7 year old, and the screen was minimally damage, but enough to affect the screen. And now, I can watch, all distorted or no image. I called Geek Squad they came and said we don't handle accidents, and we can do nothing, and the technician left with good bye. I have check with MicroCenter, competition and they have said their guarantee cost the same and includes accidents and is for 3 years. The Protection Plan sold by Best Buy Geek Squad is a rip off. I believe that the right thing would had been to repair or replace my TV. I hope you can reach back to me.

Upvote (0)

I purchased a Vizio 48 in flat screen tv and was told by the lead salesmen in the department that if I purchased the insurance for it and it get knock off of if someone punch my tv the insurance will replace it. The tv got knock off and now the salesman has lied about telling me this and they a have a new manger and it happen before his time. I have called the the custmer service number been put on hold, spoke to someone name Evet Taylor who says she will call me back its been over 24 hours and have not called back. On Friday 17th have been just tranfered from one person to another and then the last one agent Tiffany had the nerves to tell me to call the manufacturer . I told her I'm paying Best Buy for the insurance! I want my tv replaced or fixed.

Upvote (0)

My wife went to the Midwest City Ok. store to make a payment on our account. The clerk asked for her drivers license and since my wife is not named on the account the clerk refused to take the payment. My wife returned home and I had to drive the 16 miles to the store. My wife was not on the card when she used it to buy a $600. camera but now she can't make a payment. This makes no sense.

Upvote (0)

Ordered a 7 inch tablet online with the 1yr warranty # 4419883966 on 3/3/15 we took it back 4/16/15 we never got it to working. This store in Amarillo stole money from me for the original tablet total cost was 135.48 trace #13622.Refund total is only 84.39. This is nothing but out and out Theft. We are telling every one we know on Facebook, church postal etc do not buy anything from Best buy as they do not honor geek squad or stores policies

Upvote (0)

Ok we have bought 2 items from the store here in Lake Charles and something went wrong with both items. The first was a bundle pack with a tablet charger and case. When the tablet messed up I brought it back to be looked at and was told it was never purchased in the bundle so they could not do anything. The next item we bought and tried to return was a tone Bluetooth headset. The incompetent clerk who checked us out at the register messed up on the receipt and saying that it had been voided and we hadn't purchased the Bluetooth nor the 2 year warranty we purchased with it. Is this common store practice so you dont have to replace or repair items when they are broke or defective? Is this how it is done? One very dissatisfied and angry customer .... Duane Spearance

Upvote (0)

My name is Tasha 3 years ago I walk into best buy and bought my first laptop computer then I ask about a dragon naturally speaking system. Which I also purchased when I got it home I tried to install the dragon only to find it had no cd drive and the customer service rep told me it did not only did best buy not take the computer back but didn't give me my money back neither. So I kept it only now to find out now without the cd sleeve I cant program it to my computer. I was told to go back to best buy I did the girl at the customer service desk said I didn't need it only the numbers on the back of the box I call 18773145225 nothing I called 16129657670 nothing. I spent 100.00 dollars and I can't even use it .I love my computer I found so much with the chrome google book. But I have no idea what to do with the dragon.can I return it for a new one.

Upvote (0)

on 04/09/15 I went to Best Buy to buy a Nikon lens for Nikon d3200 camera. Got there about 1:30 pm was directed to camera lens section. I waited in section for over 25 mins and was not ask if I was being waited on etc. Finally, after waiting for over half an hour, I walked the front of the store and ask for a manager. A manager finally arrived and made some excuse about shift change i didnt by that the lens I was going to buy cost $1700 to 5000 dollars. Apparently they didn't want to sell me this lens (wide angle lens )for my d3200 niko camera. I buy a lot of things from best buy afer this experience. I think if their staff kick ass even just to see if people are being served

Upvote (0)

A lap top repair (replace screen) began on Feb 19, 2015 and it has been sent back and forth to the service center multiple times due to the incompetence of the service center and at one point the lap top was also not able to be found and was actually in the store where the repair began (additional incompetence)! I've already spoken with the store's General Manager (Ken) and he was anything but helpful. So, now in an attempt to rectify the situation the store involved (Frisco, TX) has offered to replace the lap top and transfer the data from the old system for the original price of the screen repair. Nice offer (made by John, the Geek Squad MGR) except for the issue with re-installing MicroSofet Office 2013. The Microsoft Office package was something that was added by BestBuy, charged for by BestBuy, paid to BestBuy and not the manufacturer (Asus) and now the package can not be re-installed without a MicroSoft code that I do not have or have ever had. So, why am I going to have to pay for the office package again? I have the original receipt that shows a MicroSoft serial number but this number is of no use in this situation. All I want is to be able to use my lap top in a normal manor and I can't really believe the amount of time, grief and hurdles that I've had to go through!

Upvote (0)

This afternoon, I brought over a new computer to the Geek Squad to transfer data from my old computer which was no longer functional to a new computer, and the man gave me excellent service. And then I WAITED 20-25 minutes for YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM to function properly and print out the new data. The problem was in your computer software which the man said needed to be updated. Here you have some of the best computer tech guys in the world and YOUR OWN COMPUTER NETWORK WAS WHAT HELD US UP!
IT NEEDS TO BE UPDATED AND FIXED!

Upvote (0)

I went to the store today 4/7/2015 to buy a fax machine and a printer. The associate Edgar #1058477 waited on me. He told me that there were no fax machines anymore that all that was available were the all in one with fax, printer and scan abilities. So I listened to him and took his advice I bought the HP Envy 7640 all in one printer series because he recommended it. He also stated that it was easy to install and I should have no problems making it work for me. After opening the package plugging everything in and looking at the instructions for the CD provided the instructions said that if I had internet it would be better than using the CD provided. So I went to the site and with some work I got the fax to work and the printer. The Scanner however is not working I have gone through every bit of the instructions again and there are no specific instructions to fix the scanner or make it work.

The Printer just says that there is no computer connected. So I called the store after approximately 5:30 I started the installation approximately 2:00. 3 1/2 hours seems like a very long time to do simple steps that I followed with an associate to a tee. The agent transferred me to the Geek Squad they wanted me to bring it back also they had no info to help me. I just paid 225.89 for something that no one can help me with over the phone. What a shame. So I have 15 days to bring it back I am going to try a few more times than I will bring it back get a refund and go else where maybe another company that sells these products will be able to help me.

Upvote (0)

I was returning my "Apple IPhone 6" to the same agent that sold it to me. The reason for the return was that it was too High Tech for me, I needed to down grade, I tried to get 2 other phones, Out of Stock. I called before I took the ride from MA-- NH and the Lady I spoke to told me there were 3 in stock? I tried one more model & it only came in Black, no Thank You, (I had to return the case 2 x's because they were defective, water went through & did not close tight. Those were returned @ the service desk. No Problem) I spent a lot of time trying get a New Apple I-Phone. So I went ahead to return my Apple I Phone. While Best Buy 0534 was waiting on me I asked him to be sure there was not any mistakes in the credit on my Credit Card because I did not have my Reading Glasses with me. I did not want to return again, only to buy a new I Phone. I had my Granddaughter, she was checking everything, but I could not see the screen. The man who had come over & sat beside him said "Why would any store give a customer 1/2 Credit back I have never heard of such a thing" in the MOST Nasty tone of VOICE. "That isn't what I said" & answered him back & told him to mind his own business. He did not stop with Nasty remarks. I was getting very upset & he knew it. He just did not stop! We argued more. I went to the Store Manager & told him everything.

Upvote (0)

I have ben in to the Temecula Best Buy ( on Temecula pkw ) # time this month to bye a tv ( 50") and an xbox 1 for my kids. All there times I have ben there I have not got anyone to help me. I have asked and ben told they would be right with me but then never show up. This is the last time. I will never BE BACK! NEVER!!!!

Upvote (0)

Bought a washer and dryer it was delivered yesterday. Did one load of laundry grease came out of bottom made noises and would not get water or spin water out of clothes called store I was on hold over forty minutes was told I would have to wait 24 hours for someone to call me and they were using an outside repair person I need new washer delivered!

Upvote (0)

I purchased a HP laptop for my daughter. while setting up the laptop it got a virus. Your geek squad informed me there was nothing they could do for me,accept charge me $200.00 to repair it.I have spent quite a bit of money over the years at Best Buy, but you will never see me in your store again.

Upvote (0)

They told me they no longer due exchanges in store and would ship me my product in six days. Never have I had this happen before with Geek Squad.

Upvote (0)

Went in to replace some beat solo 2s and was told I could still purchase a protection plan and after he did the exchange, he then says he forgot that best buy no longer offered protection plan for beats, so I talked to manager and store manager, they could not help me out, very upset with them.

Upvote (0)

Yesterday I went to the best buy in Willow Grove and went to the mobile department to get my iPhone 5 battery replaced. I have had insurance through best buy for about 2 years now and the person who sold it to me said that if I have issues with the battery, or circuit shorts, or cracked screens, etc. that I could get my phone fixed free of charge. Yesterday the two gentlemen at the counter tell me that they don't replace batteries here and that best buy never hired someone certified to do that. They told me to go to Geek Squad and they will replace the phone for free since I have insurance through them. When I go over to Geek Squad and I told the employee what the 2 other men said to me he proceeds to say "Man, I seriously need to go over there and tell these guys how to do their job!" He proceeds in an annoyed tone to tell me that I have 2 options 1. send my phone and get a new phone in 2 weeks (I can't just be phone less for two weeks!!) and 2. pay $250 to get a new phone expressed and then be reimbursed.

These two options do me no good! Why am I Paying over $180 a year to get my phone fixed with any issues I may experience that go wrong with my phone? This is not even the first time I've come across this problem I had another issue I had with my iPhone 5 when I bought it from there April of 2013. I was told to take my phone to Apple. Luckily Apple at that time replaced my phone for free b/c of a short circuit with the power button. One thing is for sure i will be canceling my insurance and I will no longer use Best Buy Mobile service! This is absolutely ridiculous that the workers are telling customers lies when purchasing insurance, when you try to use it it's worthless! I will no longer even purchase my phones from best buy either.

Upvote (0)

I have spent 24 total hours on the phone with my bank and best buy after trying to buy a computer and i pad. I get a fraud alert from Bank because Best Buy tried and swiped my card number for a 1449.00 dollars, a total 3 times, trying to charge $5500.00 for a 1449.00 charge and my bank stopped it. I have tried for 1 months to buy a computer on line through Best Buy .com. This is the worst ever from an online service !!!!!!!!!!! it appears that the people working at the service desk that answer the calls have no idea hats going on. Never again will i buy from Worst BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote (0)

Best Buy claims to match internet prices. I priced a Nikon D5500 at bandhphoto.com. The price is $796.95. I went to Best Buy today, went to the photo department and was assisted by a very courteous young man. I asked if his store would match the price of B and H Photo. I told him that their out-the-door price is $796.95. That includes tax and shipping. I told him to match that price he would have to reduce Best Buy's price to $736.22 so that when the sales tax of 8.25% were added, then they would have matched B and H Photo's price. He called his manager and the manager refused to do this. So much for matching internet prices. I won't be doing much business with best Buy.

Upvote (1)

I have shopped at Best Buy for years. Sometimes there items come out defective and since the associates says if we are not happy with the item we can return it. Okay, I got a Bluetooth for Christmas, returned it and got another Bluetooth that I preferred. After a week it stopped working, so I returned it. This happened in January. 14 days ago my husband and I went in to buy a 32 inch TV, an antenna and a tv mount for the TV. My husband was not happy with the mount and I was not happy that the antenna didn't work well with the TV, so I returned the Antenna yesterday, forgot the mount so I went back today to return it. Then the sales clerk gives me a RETURN WARNING, that future returns will be declined for 90 days. What happen to the satisfaction guaranteed at Best Buy and why do their sales persons inform people that if we are not happy we can return it. I have never had problems with returning items. Sometimes customers are not satisfied, other times the product is defective. If the product is defective it should not go against us and if you return the item before the 15 days with your receipt why are we being punished. Does that sound fair? Well I can only say I will start spreading the word that the CUSTOMER SERVICE GUARANTEE IS NO LONGER HONORED AT BEST BUY LIKE THEY SAY!

Contact the Best Buy Complaint Department