Best Buy

Most Popular Complaint about Best Buy

Posted by Angeline Pinnine on Jan 27, 2015
Customer Rating

I bought a dryer in the Boca Raton, Fl store on 1/06/15 I have had nothing but problems with this deliver Since I bought in Florida and was delivered in Watertown, Ma, I got a email that the dryer was cancelled then a email that it was reordered then cancelled then reordered. The date was to be 1/11/15 then 1/19/15 then 1/23/15 which is done. I called to have gas line and vent for the dryer cancelled . I had a call to go to the store in boca raton to sign for the return items once 1/24/15 told they did not have the info returned 1/27/ told that the vent was taken off but not the gas line. I have four calls to customer service and two to appliance three trips to the Boca Raton store Best Buy has adds that you are the best please tell me if you think I have been treated very well by your company. Please send me a email about these problems.

Did Best Buy provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Best Buy?

1.97 out of 5

Website

www.bestbuy.com

More Best Buy Complaints

Customer Rating

I called your store in fort myers on Cleveland ave and was recommended a amplifier to go with my stock stereo. I purchased a alpine amp as directed . I was quoted $110 for installation. I decided to book the install at the best buy at gulf coast town center in fort myers, my appointment was today at 2:15, when I got there the tech says the install will cost $256. I was shocked. He says the quote was wrong, but he couldn't help me. I returned the amplifier and I am trying to understand how my price went up by more than double and best buy tech recommended I bo to the other store and tell them what happened. I don't have time to chase down your mistakes. I would have to honor the pricing in my business. This is the way to lose customers. This is either incompetence or bait and switch.

Customer Rating

We have a perfect credit score and a couple of years ago got a BB credit card. We used it a couple of times and always paid off the balance. We went to purchase a tv last week and was told that our BB credit account was CLOSED! The reason was because we hadn't used it in 6 months! This is why I hate BB. It makes no sense. They did not even contact us. What company closes a store credit card for NOT using it within 6 months. RIDICULOUS!

I want to tell everyone about this. On top of this, it is a ding on our perfect credit score. BEWARE!

Customer Rating

Is it true that Best Buy does not offer discounts to veterans and senior citizens? I was informed that it's up to the store manager. I recently purchased a computer at store number 896 in Atlanta, Georgia. The manager stated that he has worked for the company for sixteen years and there were no such discounts to consumers. Thanks!

Customer Rating

I bought a computer desktop Bluetooth speaker from Best buy, the speaker is not function very well I returned it yesterday with my receipt including the 2 years protection plan agreement that I have signed, after the casher processed everything she gave me a gift card as my money refund, I told her to put my money back on my debit card as I used the debit card to buy the item, she said no. Now I'm not buy nothing at best buy now I told her and she replied to me that the gift card doesn't expire, ok in case I lost it? But I need my money back on my debit card that is why I am contacting you for help to put the money back to my debit card for me because this is not really nice to do someone like that. You can give someone a gift card when the person agreed with it or refund the customer the way he or she pay for the item. If it is one year I have to buy something from Best buy then I will keep that gift card for one year it is not sound good. Thank you and I'm waiting your answer.

order # BBY01-642596002735

Received a email from best buy stating that they canceled my order because it was no longer available.

Note| It still appears on the best buy web site. This is poor inventory management for a company this large. To let people order items on the web and then get a notice from you that the item is no longer available and then still have it listed on your web site.

You have lost a customer. I will not order from you folks in the future because I will never know if you really have the item for sale or not.

Customer Rating

To whom it should concern, I’ve been very pleased with the services, products, and knowledgeable assistance provided by Best Buy and particularly the Cedar Park location. I commonly brag about, and recommend these to my friends, family, and even people I’ve just met. Currently I’m extraordinarily frustrated. in the Cedar Park location, my wife and I stumbled across a tv on sale. it was going at a reasonable discount, and the associate told us he thought it was the last one. We debated the pros and cons with him. That was very helpful in determining that we really wanted the tv. He had to take his lunch break, but found someone else to help us. he asked her to check the availability of the tv, and if it was the last, to sell it to us as an open box with an additional discount. We were very excited at that point. Unfortunately, a manager informed us that they couldn’t sell us the tv even though it was the last one anywhere. There were some rules and protocol that would allow it to be available until early April. We asked if there was any way we could pre-buy it or put our name on it. It was decided that they would write our name on a piece of paper, tape it to the back of the tv, and call us. After hours invested in this decision, we left disappointed but comfortable knowing that we had the tv in our future. We would have bought it then and there had there been a way. So we come to today, and my frustration. I have been traveling all day for work, and so my phone has not been on and or accessible for non- business affairs. I finally get to my messages, and find that the tv was going to be sold open box. I do appreciate the call, however, the notification came through this afternoon, and I called this evening and it was sold. My family and I were set on that tv. As soon as I heard the message I called ready to buy. I feel that there must be a better process. perhaps a deposit or somebody who legitimately cared about get us the tv that they put or name on. if it was so easy to discard us and sell the tv out from under us, then they should have never put our name on it. I can’t express enough how much we were looking forward to having our first smart tv at a price we could afford. We invested much into that decision, and now we must start over. Curious, interested, excited, committed, confused, hopeful, eager, excited, shocked, confused, pissed off, and now disappointed

Customer Rating

On March 19, I had bought and returned a wireless keyboard at the best Buy Store at 1717 York Road in Timonium, Maryland. After having papers intentionally flicked in my face, a young punk associate began to glare at me. After coyfully not answering any questions I asked him I began asking him why he and his friend were laughing openly. After ridiculing me with another Best Buy associate I began to get angry at which time another Best Buy employee called for security. I then said I’ll return my keyboard at another Best Buy store, after which the two ridiculing associates openly laughed at loud as I was laughing. I guess some people never grow out of being a 3rd grade bully, but to do so at a middle-aged professional person is bizarre and abusive and leaves me wondering why the store hires people like this. And to then cowardly pick at a middle-aged adult customer for no reason and then call security on him is simply outrageous. I have also filed a Police Report for disorderly conduct with the local Police Department.

Customer Rating

On Sunday March 30 I went to Best Buy located on 12495 sw 88 street , Miami ,Fl, to buy a desktop computer after spending 20 minutes with the sales associate talking about a particular HP desktop which it was signed at 899.00 and walking the store thinking about the decision I was about to make, I decided to go ahead and buy it. Well that is were everything begins to go wrong, I took the computer to the register by the computer dept and a sales associated begun to ring my order when all of the sudden he tells me is 1145.00 for the entire order, I asked him how much was the computer which he answered it was 1040.00, I then took him to the display were the sign was for 899.00, He looked at the sale sign and the computer and after a few minutes he began to tell me that that was not the right computer I told him how can that be the sign is right over the computers that are under the display and that was the computer I spend more than 20 minutes talking with the other sales associate. I told him that I felt it was their problem and I wanted to talk to a manager in charge to see if we could fix the problem, that is when Sergio one of the acting managers came over and begun to tell me that it was not the same computer and I told him that I felt that it was not my problem if the signed were not correct, and I felt that I should be able to get that price. Then I asked him to please tell me what was the difference between one computer and the other, he begun to check and after 5 minutes he tells me is the same computer but one was the best buy model and the other one was the one every one sells, I told him well why don’t you just give me that one for the price and it all be good he tells me he cant do that. I asked him that if he would rather have me leave upset with best buy over 150.00 dollars and not been taken care of the right way, he tells me that another store has it and I could go pick it up over there, of course my time and gas don’t come to play on his decision, What I can understand is how he can let a customer leave the store upset and pissed because by this time that is exactly how I was, for 150.00 dollars difference .Not only did you loose a thousand dollar sale buy you might just have lost a loyal customer for something so stupid, that to me is not GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.IS PLAIN STUPID..THANK YOU for your time. A very upset used to be customer Carlos Woodward

Customer Rating

When you give your hard erned money to have something fixed and its not a customer is intitled to a full refund. Not more of best buys bull crap. Keep your terrible saying that you best buys will make it right. You cant. Your too busy selling over priced equipment that a customer doesnt even need. I simple want my money back on my card. You guys are ripe offs.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Deborah Baker on 03/29/2014 at IP address 208.119.84.7 using our BestBuy-Avon Store INDIANA complaint form. This opinions contained in this BestBuy-Avon Store INDIANA customer review titled, “Never fixed computer performance issues – wont return money for shotty work” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

We purchases a new TV from our Best Buy store. The contract specified that the Geek Squad would install and service our TV. The installation took hours and when the young men were finished the installation was not complete. We were told we would be called that evening and an additional service call would be made in order to complete the installation. The call never came. We called the store THREE TIMES and each time were told they could not contact the Geek Squad when they were in the field except via email. We asked that the store email the Geek Squad and tell them we wanted our installation to be completed. We were never contacted again by the store or the Geek Squad. After TWO WEEKS we finally talked to the store manager and he arranged for a member of the Geek Squad to come and complete the installation. When the young man arrived he quickly completed one aspect of the installation and then said he did not have tome to continue with us since he had a “really busy schedule.” I told him he needed to finish our installation and that I did not care about his busy schedule. He informed me he did not have to be here, that his presence was merely a “courtesy call and that he did not have to be here.” I became angry and told him I wanted the installation completed and if it wasn’t the TV was going back to the store. He finally finished the job. This young man has a real attitude problem.

Best Buy should be ashamed to have this type of non-service, and their employees should be trained to represent the company in a more “service oriented” manner. This will be the last time we do business with Best Buy.

Customer Rating

My wife and I bought a 50 inch flat screen TV about three months ago and we are now having sound issues. I called Best Buy customer service and was told we only have a fifteen day warranty from Best Buy, that’s a load of crap. When we spent a thousand dollars on TV and 3d player. When we purchased these items we were told we had a one year warranty, not after fifteen days we would have to send back to the manufacture.
The rep. I talked to was named Chris, He was very rude and unprofessional, I asked to talk to a manager, was told he was busy at the moment and would call me back with in ten minutes. Here we are an hour and a half later with no return call. If this is the way Best Buy works I will never shop there again. I am going to tell every one I know that Best Buy are a bunch of cheets and liars. I am also going to send a complaint to the BBB
Brian Rose
451-954-5973

Customer Rating

I did like they told me: Recall on 32 inch COBY. They told me to ship it back, provided return label and promised 200 gift card in return. Months went by; nothing. Called cos. service: Oh, we emailed it to you and it most likely went to spam, then see gives me a website to put on my favorites list and says it will be resent. 3 weeks later; call cus. service again. This time they put me on hold for over two HOURS, Look outf for a supervisor named Mikey B.
Now they are saying they are not responsible since COBY went out of business. Best Buy is one of 12 stores on the recall and refund list. HH Greg gave people a refund. BB sucks. I used buy lots of stuff there in the thousands of dollars. I am not letting this go, they will give me my money!!!!!

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by K. Healy on 03/22/2014 at IP address 173.59.234.181 using our BEST BUY complaint form. This opinions contained in this BEST BUY customer review titled, “RECALL ON 32 inch COBY TV” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I have green billing which means I don’t get a written statement. Today I noticed I have been charged at least 50 dollars for the last 6 months on my best buy account. I had started wondering why my account balance has not gone down.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Laura Cokewell on 03/22/2014 at IP address 67.164.166.128 using our Best Buy complaint form. This opinions contained in this Best Buy customer review titled, “Charged for a debt protection I never agreed to.” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

On March 18th, 2014 my brother and I took our 87 year old mother to the only Best Buy store in Springfield, IL to purchase her a new microwave. We arrived at 9:58, got our mother out of the car and settled with her walker. It was extremely windy and our mother was quite cold. We helped her into the area between the double entryway doors in order to get her out of the cold until the inside doors were open. It was now 9:59. A store employee came to the door and said we were not allowed to be “on the premises before 10:00 AM.” I said, “Seriously? Our mother is handicapped. We’ll wait outside, but surely you can allow her to remain in here out of the cold.” She was not inside the store at all, just between the double set of doors. He said no. I was totally shocked and so were the 15 or so other customers waiting for the store to open. We helped our mother back to the car and drove directly to Target, where we purchased the microwave, a new TV, and a cell phone. I shall never enter another Best Buy store and I am telling everyone I know about our experience. Any TV, cell phone, computer, or other electronic device of ours that needs to be replaced in the future will NOT come from Best Buy. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Barbara Pearson on 03/21/2014 at IP address 76.16.10.131 using our Best Buy Springfield, IL complaint form. This opinions contained in this Best Buy Springfield, IL customer review titled, “Poor treatment of senior citizen” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I bought a Samsung dishwasher. It doesn’t have a heater to dry the dishes. It tells you to turn up your water heater. I have had many dishwashers and they worked great. I never had to turn up a water heater to get the dishes dry. All their sanitizer is that the water on the last rinse it hot and that is suppose to dry the dishes. That doesn’t work.
Not happy with this product as I would not recommend this to any one.

Pat Hersam

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Pat Hersam on 03/18/2014 at IP address 66.27.167.222 using our Best Buy complaint form. This opinions contained in this Best Buy customer review titled, “dishwasher” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I purchased a Toshiba laptop at BestBuy in 2009. Ever since 2010, when one of your employees rented an apartment below me, I’ve been hacked into, she has verbally abused me and now is teaching others and has done things on my behalf that I didn’t approve of. I was in an accident and was disabled for a bit and asked if you could put my aircard payments on hold, which you graciously did, but this girl that still works for you, behind my back, started payments back up, my checking account was a mess, etc,etc. She even tried to have me kicked out. I’m quite sure she told my landlord my credit scores and my private info to a sister who is also an alcoholic, information. I have purchased expensive antispyware, antimalware, but she’s the only one I know that would go to these lengths . Her name is Aaron Mack and she works somewhere in Syracuse. She NEEDS to be stopped. Please be stealthier than she is. My name is Nina Conner @ nconnerparamed1@aol.com. Please stop her. Thank you.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Nina Conner on 03/18/2014 at IP address 70.209.133.195 using our best buy complaint form. This opinions contained in this best buy customer review titled, “fraudulent activity by one of your techs” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

Several months ago I brought my computer into your Boca Raton store. I was told that I had to make an appointment for servicing. As I have a husband at home for whom I am the sole caretaker, I cannot make appointments. I asked if I could just drop off the computer and they could contact me at their convenience.

I was told that if there is a space between two people who had appointments, I could be taken.

There was a space and there was a technician walking back and forth, eying me, As I could not wait any longer, I was leaving, only to see her take another person who also did not have an apt, but arrived AFTER me. I felt this was a case of discrimination.
I have been a customer of Best Buy, both in your B,oca and Massachusetts store. Rather than to use my contract with your Geek Squad, I had my computer repaired elsewhere, at my additional cost. I had purchased several computers at your store
I shall soon be in the market for new appliances in both my winter and summer homes, but my experience with your store left me unwilling to return

My previous letter was never acknowledged.
Regretfiully,
Deanna Shulman

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Deanna Shulman on 03/12/2014 at IP address 108.197.60.156 using our Artist At Work complaint form. This opinions contained in this Artist At Work customer review titled, “Discriminatory service” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

This was the second time we entered into this store on Derek’s (Assistant Manager) shift and the second awful experience. The first time we wanted to buy a case for our phone. We were standing in front of the case we wanted (it was locked) for thirty minutes without any acknowledgement from the staff. Three people were working that day, Derek and another staff member were sitting behind a desk while the third employee was helping another customer that came into the store after us. Not once did any one of them acknowledge our existence until I finally got so tired of waiting I went over to the desk and told them we wanted to buy a case. I should not have had to do that, good customer service begins with acknowledging the customer as soon as they enter into the store.

The second time (today) we entered on Derek’s shift again and he refused to exchange our case we bought during our first visit one month prior to this visit. We bought the LifeProof case which has a lifetime warranty and the flap that covers the charging port broke off. We just wanted to exchange it (not return it) but he refused because it wasn’t in NEW condition. Of course it wasn’t, it was broken, that’s why we wanted to exchange it. He said we should contact LifeProof directly because it does have a lifetime warranty but he doesn’t want to deal with them.

Customer Rating

Paid $200. to the geek squad on a new computer I bought at their location.They sent me an e-mail the following week and 5 minutes I had a virus. Had to pay them an extra $50. to come to my house for repair. They couldn’t fix the virus. Their toll free number left me on hold for 3.5 hours. NEVER picked up the phone.Called back and left a mess. Never return my call. Took computer in store, never cleared the virus, refused to refund money for computer and NO refunds on the geek squad if they can’t repair. This was a complete joke. They got me good.You have been warned.

Customer Rating

MY WIFE PURCHASED A TOBISHA LAP TOP FROM BEST BUY. I WAS HOSPITALIZES AT THE TIME AND WAS NOT ABLE TO USE IT FOR A TIME. WHEN I WAS ABLE TO USE IT, THE COMPUTER WOULD NOT WORK. THERE WAS A TEAR DOWN THE SCREEN. I CALLED THE STORE AND THE PERSON I SPOKE TO WAS VERY RUDE AND SAID THERE WAS NOTHING HE COULD DO. I AM A DISTRICT GOVERNOR FOR LIONS INTERNATIONAL IN NEBRASKA. WE RAISE ALOT OF FUNDS AND PURCHASE LAP TOPS FOR SCHOOLS. I WANTED TO CHECK THE TOBISHA COMPUTERS BEFORE PURCHASING ANY FOR STUDENTS. WE USUALLY PURCHASE 150 LAP TOPS. WE WERE CONSIDERING PURCHASING THEM FROM BEST BUY, BUT WE MAY GO A DIFFERENT DIRECTION. WE’LL BE PURCHASING THEM IN JULY. I HAVE A NEW LAP TOP THAT WILL NOT POERATE. I CERTAINLY DO NOT APPRECIATE SUCH SERVICE.

RONALD L. RIST
LIONS INTERNATIONAL
DISTRICT GOVERNOR OF NEBRASKA

Companies Like Best Buy

Thanks for your feedback..!

Sorry. Please try again later..!