Apple

Complaint Department

Most Popular Complaint about Apple

Posted by M E GAITAN on Feb 01, 2015
Customer Rating

Giving you 1 star because I can't give you less. Hideous rip off artists you are at Apple. I am. . .

0. Apple customer since the late 80's.
1. Forced into iCloud (and have to pay for it)
2. iPhone 5 ruined after last software download (had to keep in plugged in 24/7)
3. Forced to buy an iPhone 6
4. iPhone 6 not compatible with my MacBook Air.
5. Now I need a new MacBook Air too?

I feel totally ripped off and pushed into a whole new system that forces me onto the iCloud, and forces me to upgrade the Apple products I own in order to do so. There has been no transparency in this thievery towards my wallet and its contents. You people are Machiavellian.

7 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Apple provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Apple?

Customer Satisfaction Results
1.9 out of 5
1.9 out of 5 Stars
140 Consumer Reviews

Apple
Contact Information

I want to write a letter to Apple. What is their corporate mailing address?

1 Infinite Loop
Cupertino, CA 95014

I want to call the Apple customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

408-996-1010

I need to visit the Apple company website. What is their website address?

More Apple Complaints

Customer Rating

I am calling to complain first about the apple product I purchased!!!
I bought an I pod that dust work out of the box!! Walmart won't exchange it because
It was for a birthday gift and I bought it over 15 days in advance!!! So, apple will not replace
It either!!! They were willing to let us drive 150 miles round trip to an apple store and have the
'Genious' download corrupt files, not fix the awful thing, not replace ours as customer
Service has promised.... To get home and find it still does not work, then fight with customer
Service for 2 hours as they make me waste more of my time fixing this lemon in my own! Long story
Short don't buy apple products!! We have two phones and 2 i pods and when they die, the lemon
Will probably be broken tomorrow, we won't ever buy from them again!!!! I mean not even a charger!!
Screw you apple now I know why all of my friends are against you, now I am too

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I'm really upset about iOS 8.1.3, because after I upgraded to iOS 8.1.3, my wifi keeps getting disconnected. Is apple aware of this known bug or will they be fixing it soon? It's upsetting because every time I seem to get a notification from Apple and update the operating system there are bugs early on. I didn't expect this with 8.1.3 since it was the third in the 8.0 version line.

2 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I dropped my iPhone 5c in the water. I took it to the Verizon store because the closest Apple store was 45 minutes away. The 5c was a recent upgrade after 2 years with an iPhone 4. I simply wanted to replace the phone. The solution they provided was to purchase an iPhone 6 for $600 and get a new line through the EDGE program for 6 months at $40 per month thus raised the price to $840. I showed them the apple phone offer of $200 for an iPhone 6 but the said that I would need a new 2 year contract for $40 per month. Since I was already on a 2 year contract I would have had 2 2year contracts for $40 per month which would have wasted $960. So now the family has 3 lines at $40 each and 1 is not and will not be used. What would satisfy me is to buy a phone for $200 and continue it on my existing contract.

Customer Rating

After lengthy email correspondence about being fraudulently sold an expensive 'support program' by an Apple employee while on the phone to Apple, receiving help with a computer problem, and discovering that all I got back from Apple were a lot of weasel words which purported to be helpful but which never actually provided an answer as to how this could have happened and not even an apology, I guess the same will now happen with my complaint about the Apple wireless mouse I bought earlier this year.

Nevertheless I'll try! This afternoon I sat down to do some work on my computer and found that once again the mouse wouldn't connect with the computer and despite following all instructions the computer took over five minutes to 'find' the mouse. This mouse worked perfectly for the first few months but suddenly I couldn't use it without first going through a waiting period while the computer couldn't 'find' it - a period which seems to be getting longer as I'm told the computer is looking for it, then tells me no mouse can be found, then after sliding the back off the mouse up and down as instructed it starts to look again and this process is repeated over again several times before I am congratulated that it has been found.

I'm getting sick of this and was far from impressed when I went back to the shop from which I purchased the wretched thing to be told that problems with the Apple wireless mouse are common. In view of this I would be pleased to receive a refund for something which has proved to be time-wastingly flawed whereupon I will bepleased to post said mouse back to you.

A simple reply in plain English without all the usual meaningless weasel words would be nice.

Customer Rating

My daughter has an Ipod touch and uses a number of apps on the system. She has recently added an app called 'SIMI' which she was led to believe is a computer operated social communication system. Yesterday she had a return message with very explicited sexual references and description of sexual acts that the writer wished to perform on my daughter. My daugher is 13 years old and was upset and confused at the content.
I am a recently retired police officer and am well aware that this sort of communication could be deemed unlawful due to her age, my concern is that the content could be considered sexual grooming if written by a person . I would be shocked if this was a random reply spewed out by a computer and am genuinely concerned about the safety and welfare of all children using this app.
I am in no way blaming Apple for this app but would like them to be aware that such apps are being advertised on their products and accessed by minors.
many thanks
Iain franklin

Customer Rating

I recently tried to download apps with my apple ID unsuccessfully. I called customer support and they wasted 30 minutes of my time trying to resolve the issue. The support staff placed me on hold >5 times and I spoke with 2 separate support agents both of which were clueless as to how to address my issue. I have since created a new apple id and solved the issue myself. If you would like to verify the problem and the fact that is was unresolved please reference my old apple id username and my new apple id username. A complaint with the BBB was also filed.

Dear Corporate Manager
We have been a loyal customers of Apple for many years and many products, maybe because Apple has became the most important company, we are experience this situations. I just receive the IPhone5 two weeks ago, after a very long waiting. I had IPhones from the 3 to up today, so it's my whole family, also have several IPads and Mac lop top. Yesterday I noticed my IPhone face glass had a single large crack, I went to Biltmore Apple store, looking for a solution, After talking to 4 associates requesting to talk to a Manager named Reide Clark , they keep blocking me to do so, until finally let me talk to Ben Kirchner, I didn't know he was a Manager until the end of our conversation, he was very rude and unprofessional, I explain that the phone was only two weeks old, and I believe the phone was very fragile comparing. To the previous phone I had for years, he never show any concern at all, and told me that the only option was to buy another phone for 229.00 wish I consider very offensive after being your customer for many years. When I ask him to talk to Mr. Clark, he mention to. Me that he was a Manager also and if I talk to him it will be the same answer, apparent being to funny my request.
I do not understand why should I buy another phone when I have a two weeks old phone, why Apple do not replace the glass, that makes me believe that any issue whit this new phone it will be necessary to buy another phone. I am very concern about this phone and the attitude of the store Manager it is to me unacceptable.
Hope I can get an answer zoo
Best Regards
Gustavo Maldonado
I understand

Customer Rating

I have an I phone 3G I have been wanting to download apps but now i can only download them if I have a 4g or higher, I dish out enough money to be able to use this phone.

I would like to be able to use it to the full extent, if downloading requires a higher grade, why don't you send me one free considering I wasted $200.00 on a product I can't even use.

This is ridiculous, and evidently a complete waste of my hard earned money. If I knew this would happen I wouldn't have purchased this in the first place and gotten a HTC or another brand.

Customer Rating

I lost my phone in the water on Saterday the 27 . I only had my phone for 4weeks . We own two I phones one iPad and one iPod. I just bought a new one and tusday april30 I called support to get my phone activated and help on the iTunes .kevin was the person I was talking to from apple support and he told me he could not help me until I paid 79$. I asked him if my back was against the wall if I done pay Or i will not have phone service , I hung up and just got my phone service connected today from AT&T dealer for free .i am not to happy

Customer Rating

I'm totally disappointed with iPhone as the issue is on software why do they keep putting the blame on our hardware when before installing ios6 phone was still totally all right. Reason is totally unacceptable. iOS6 is an inferior product and they should never have allowed it to be released to the general public. Overall I don't understand, and it's something that I will have to live with every day. The software crashes all the time, I constantly find myself complaining about how poorly designed it is. Won't Apple please make something better in the end and release it for our own benefit, it's just something that has to be done with the next generation iPhone.

Customer Rating

My computer is needed for my business. I downloaded Mountain Lion and the whole system will not work.
My apple id is not accepted after many attempts by myself, and AppleCare cannot seem to fix it. They want to spend hours
on the phone, and I need service with a solution in a fair amount of time. This has been going on for over a week, and I will
have to call my lawyer or get assistance that works. A man's user id showed up, a tech called my number for a man I do not
even know. Iphoto will not work right, I can't log into e-bay, and screens are popping up telling me my apple id does not work.
Yahoo ID and Password, is all that works. I photo, and others too numerous to mention do not work. Why does a tech assume you have hours to kill and after
playing Guinea Pig, they leave you with the same problems. This is the last straw. If this is not fixed immediately, I will be forced to take
legal action. All I want is this new computer to work.

Customer Rating

Dear Sir/Madam, Here is the real story bothered me so much that I believe it will be stay in my memory for ever. My husband bought an Iphone 16GB 3GS ( with SN of 012030000681547or 799462J73NP) from Bell on Feb 18, 2010.

He got a replaced phone (with SN of 5K0119XG3NP and IMEI of 012162006497865) since previous one has defective microphone on Apr 08, 2010. A new SIM card was bought from Bell since Apple Genius Bar said it was the SIM card's problem with phone signal went off over 10 times noticed on Dec 26, 2010.

He got another replaced phone (with SN of 5K0520PP3NP, IMEI of 012573001704297) from Genius Bar on Jan 20, 2011. He got another replaced phone (with SN of 882220AR3NP, IMEI of 012994002029429) with $190.97 paid from my Visa Card on Jul 28, 2012.

Funny thing was the phone lost signal and couldn't find it back in the third week. And I went to Apple store in Fairview Mall which located in North York, Ontario. It was simply the phone's problem. I was offered another Iphone 3GS or upgrade to Iphone 4 with extending phone plan. I told the manager I was tired of coming here again and again, which frustrated me and wasted my time.

Then the store Genius Bar Brown Manager told me I could get the money back while he would take back the phone. Even Funny thing was, I couldn't get my money back to my Visa Card. I was given cash without any paper record. I asked for receipt or service confirmation record and was told I wasn't supposed to get it. I was too ashamed to talk to them and left.

So my husband has no Iphone with him although we experienced so much frustration because of the Iphone 3GS. What I have is the angriness and shamefulness each time I had a fight with my husband since the Iphone was mentioned again and again.

Please ask yourself, what will you do if you were me? Please advise.

Customer Rating

I had bought an IPhone 3gs in Mumbai. After 9 months from purchase due to prolonged issues in the device I took it for repair to the Santacruz service center. It was replaced in a weeks time and I believed I got a good replacement phone. Within two weeks the phone started shutting down on its own and finally it went off completely and I was left without my contacts and other data. I took it again to the Santacruz service center and got a call after a few days saying that my device has been opened outside Apple and they would not repair it. Its been frustrating to have lost my contacts and to be without a phone due to which I have missed out on few important meetings and appointments. I need to be compensated for the mental agony caused by all this.

Customer Rating

The new iOS SUCKS!! It's slowing my iPhone and making everything take longer. I'm not receiving notafications or some phone calls. The updates are more of a detriment than anything. Please just remove them and stop trying to fix little things. You just create bigger problems and make everything worse.

Customer Rating

After 1 hour of complaining on Apple hotline 0086 4006272273(10:22 ~~ 11:22 a.m.), they finally told me that 'we won't have the protocol to feedback to me what will do on my service complain of attitude for the contracted store'. Well, it means as I understand that whatever you feel or like, just go ahead to use my iPad or shut the mouth, it is Apple, it is our product , it is our service, you brought it & you must suffering it!!!

I deeply believe that Apple will be lost & disappeared in no longer future while Steve's legacies been removing. Now, customers feeling is such kind of shit in Apple's philosophy. But as we know, they don't have the tech to bring out to be survived.

Customer Rating

I have just been through a month of working with your tech department. In particular Mr. Brooks Harrel. He informs me that Apple does not take back iMacs and that he has the last say so. I have done everything he has told me to do and the iMac still is not working correctly. He insists that it is my peripherals and not the iMac. They all worked OK with my 2006 intel iMac, but I still did everything he wanted me to do. It still is not working. All I get from him is a condescending attitude, comments with a series of analogies which further insult my intelligence. I have had Apple desktops & laptops since my first LC II. I cannot believe that I am dealing with Apple, judging on how I have always received nothing but the best in service. Mr Harrel informed me that he was the highest that I can go and that he must look out for "Apple's best interests." What about the customer's best interest? Jim Beranek Ticket # 347982201

Customer Rating

Please people beware of the site. It's just a pity I didn't read the reviews first because then I would have not become a victim . These people mark Tina , they went back and fourth with me, so patientwith helping me with the order , as soon as I sent the Money, I received a tracking number yes. A FAKE ONE that didn't work.

dI emailed them and what do you know they have nit replied to me since last Thursday feb24, 2013. Just so u know these Chinese people will close this site down because people are exposing them but they will open up under different name to continue their scam. So the name mark Tina or bing bing hu, please do not send money to them , if so ask them to do paypal, I bet they would say no. I have alerted western union as well, unfortunately i won't get my money back, but their names have been flagged .

So appleiphonestorehk if u see this believe me you will get what's coming to you. No wonder why sometimes you see the news and them finding people in garbage bags cut up or chopped up, don't question it, cause some people really deserve it

Customer Rating

I just purchased and I phone 4 and I can't use my I-tunes for ringtones on my phone what the hell good is an I-phone if I have to work my ass off to put music on it. I am better with an other phone and use different music as go through all the BS that your company wants me to go through to set a ringtone.

I had a cheap piece of crap prior to this and it was easier to use custom ringtones than it is on "smart phone." It seems to me that you are trying make things harder just so that Bill Gates and his cronies don't look good. I love Apple but this is a problem that needs to be FIXED ASAP!!!

Customer Rating

Beware iPone 5 warranty is not worldwide.
Bought an iPhone 5 in NY from apple store. Has the well know weak wifi problem. Took it store in Birmingham to be told they will not even look at it. Rang Apple care. First guy said a replacement would be sent via post. Once we tried to set up exchange a manager got involved and said warranty is not world wide. Phone is useless and only 10 days old.
Apple position is find a friend in USA and get them to take it into a store.

Customer Rating

I, had to get my bank to freeze my account, because apple iTunes charged my account, how and why I do not know, I do not have any accounts with apple and never have. I called and spoke mark in the fraud dept and he said he stopped the card. 1-607-842-6314 , respectfully rgfrost.

Companies Like Apple