AOL Customer Service

Contact AOL Corporate

Toll free phone number: 1-800-827-6364

AOL is an internet services and media company. It is one of the largest in the world, and because of that there are plenty of AOL complaints to go around. Many of them include poor customer service, problems with email and internet connections, and problems contacting the corporate office. Because AOL is a more traditional media company, they primarily rely on dated methods of handling problems with customers.

Many customers report frustrations trying to solve even the most basic of troubleshooting tasks to correct browser, internet, or email issues. The CEO of AOL is Tim Armstrong, who famously fired an employee while being recorded several years ago. He has been the CEO since 2009. If you need to write a letter to the CEO, his address is 770 Broadway New York, NY 10003. The corporate office phone number is (212) 206-4400.

The majority of complaints against the company stem from a lack of innovation, communication, and customer support. Although, given the corporations recent challenges at headquarters, it is not likely these problems will be resolved anytime soon. Focusing on customers simply is not a priority for AOL.

Upset with AOL?

File a complaint here!

Reach AOL Headquarters

Send your feedback directly to the management team
  • AOL corporate office

• 770 Broadway New York
    • NY 10003

1-800-827-6364

Top AOL Complaints

For the better part of a year I've dealt with constant disconnects and freezes but the most annoying is "AOL Not Responding." Its a rare event if I can log onto AOL without not responding and coming up not just once but five or six time in a row. Twice Ive paid service charges to insure that it wasn't Comcast's problem. This problem increased when I went to WiFi for connection since Broadband is no longer available. Is there a solution to this problem.

Comment (0)

I would appreciate it if when reporting the news, you would be less biased on what you report. It is so annoying to read what you say about the candidates running for political office. When you are against a candidate, it is obvious by all the negative things you state about them. Just report the news and NOT your opinions. I enjoy AOL if it wasn't for your opinionated news reporting. I truly hope you will consider my criticism

Comment (0)

Each and every day I get bombarded with anti-Trump articles when I log on to AOL. I get it AOL, you don't like Trump. OK already!! But, how about listing all the loot Hillary and Bill stole from the American taxpayer when they left the White House. It's now common knowledge they took everything that wasn't nailed down to pay off Paula Jones (850,000) and all the millions in lawyer's fees from Bill's countless bimbo eruptions. Thank God they had to return it all. For most everyone else, that would be enough to keep a close eye on any politician named Clinton but not AOL.

Hillary has lied about Benghazi, lied about her private email server, lied about being shot at in 1996 in Bosnia, supported the war in Iraq and was called out by the FBI for her reckless behavior as Secretary of State with respect to her handling of sensitive and classified material. To AOL however, Hillary is the second coming. Follow the money! Where does AOL get their funding? So much for fair and balanced reporting.

Comment (0)

AOL is so liberal and biased in its reporting and what they choose to report or not report, I can't hardly stand it anymore. You should at least be fair, but you are so one sided and its so obvious that people all over are noticing. I am sure you are losing customers because of it. I will be one of them soon.

Comment (0)

This is a complaint regarding the newsfeeds when I access aol.com. You are showing the USA Olympic medal winners even though they won't be shown in prime time until that night. You have done this twice with the women's gymnastics. I type in aol.com to access my email and BOOM there it is - no spoiler alert, no warning, no nothing.

Comment (0)

Don't you have people checking comments on line? Comments seem to be getting more abusive and vulgar. I flag this stuff, but it just keeps happening. Don't you ever ban abusers from posting?

Comment (0)

What do you mean I am not allowed to change my payment method? AOL is not a binding service nor monopoly. They provide a service at my pleasure and my option. Recently you sent me an offer to provide two free months of service if I would continue my 20+ year service. I accepted and the billing department still charged my account. When I called the clerk said that it would be one month. Just because you purchase Yahoo, I can still fire you at the drop of a hat!

And by the way, the over the top support of Clinton and the Democratic party is insulting and so biased that it smells thru the TV set. Maybe the Clinton administration will give me free AOL service to go along with my Obama telephone, my free college education and free health care.

Comment (0)

I am a long time customer. Your news is so very biased against the Republican party it is pathetic. I am in independent voter and want a service that is not bent on attempting to brainwash me. Surely you know this is your company policy!

Comment (0)

After three and a half hours of distress today trying to get access to my account after your technical support division screwed up my account, I was distressed to come to my account this evening and see a big picture of Hillary Clinton. If you guys are going to advertise for her, I am leaving. I am a twenty year customer. I was forced to get an upgraded account today, to access your technical experts, to fix what you technical support division did. Now i come to my account and the huge picture of clinton is a slap in the face.

Today is the anniversary of my child's death. My only child for fifteen years. I don't need more trouble today. I hope you will respond. If you are a liberal organization backing HRC I want to know. I have many friends who are on Aol and are Trump supporters. I will share your response with them. It is one thing to take advertising. But to take advertising from a political candidate and run it on your opening page, knowing full well that many of your customers may be Republicans is not only irresponsible, but is unethical as well.

Comment (0)

My complaint is about your biased news stories. I didn't realize AOL seems to be owned by Donald Trump. I watched the Dem Convention last night and the only comments I saw on here were all negative even though I heard some amazing speeches and I got to see all of "The Donald's" nasty tweets. Now that I now you are in bed with Mr. Trump, I will be looking for another vendor after many many years.

Comment (0)

On your website I keep on getting a Skimlinks blank page with links to other pages when I try to look at different areas referenced on your start page. I don't know who Skimlinks is and it sounds like adware - I want nothing to do with Skimlinks, is this from AOL or am I being hacked? If it is from AOL how do I stop this?

Comment (0)

When I tried to connect on my AOL account It was denied. It gave a number to call which I did. After a 45 minute discussion on hacking, virus etc, etc it was brought up I needed a $499.99 program for my computer. When I found this out I ended the conversation on the computer, and on my phone. The "Tech Rep" still stayed on the phone, even called me up saying I needed a one time fix at so many dollars. After several scams, having my identity stolen 3 times, I am not willing to do this. Was AOL aware of this?

Comment (0)

Have been an AOL customer for 19 years, and its service gets from bad to worse. Every month I am paying $4.99 for tech support, however, those offshore agents are difficult to understand and/or solving problems. While using my PC, I very often have been getting a message "AOL not responding", and again today, I called AOL customer service number at 800-827-6364 again, being connected to another offshore location and being told that "I am having possibly corrupt files", while PC matics' scans prove otherwise. It seems like a hassle to change all of my emails to another service.

I also like to mention that I have been getting error message that another (person in my household) is still using my PC, which is not true. It's also strange that when calling AOL repeating the first 5 letters in my screen name, that one of them has an "1" behind it, which we never had and nobody has the same screen name. There seems to be more than enough shortcomings and mistakes.

Comment (0)

When I click on to AOL news features, videos of your news items I can not see them. Only the adds appear and play but not the news feature I requested. I don't understand. I am sure it is not my computer. Everything works fine except AOL news videos. I know you have requested that I upgrade to windows ten, but I am 62 and don't want to upgrade. I like it the way it is. Please help me on this.

Comment (0)

I have been unable to access my email on AOL ever since I tried to establish the 2 step authentication this past Sunday. I have already spoken with 4 individuals in an attempt to have someone disable the 2 step authentication feature but as of today, Wednesday evening, that still has not happened. You would think in this day and age that my request would be an easy one to fulfill and would be done in a timely manner but not so.

In addition, the reps I have spoken with have given me erroneous information. I was told by one rep that someone would call on both my cell and home number but when I placed another call to verify that I was indeed on the list to be assisted I was told AOL only had my cell number. I gave the next individual my home number yet when someone from corporate called, he only called my cell and when I spoke with him, he said no home number was indicated!!! A rep gave me a number to escalate my complaint and when I specifically asked if I would reach someone in that department (this was Sunday evening) he assured me I would. I immediately called only to hear a recording telling me hours were Monday through Friday.

A rep also told me my issue would be resolved within 24 hours while a second rep said it would take 3-5 days to resolve. I also asked representatives if I needed to speak with the individual from corporate and was told there was no need to do so. Yet, I spent a good 20 minutes today with the corporate guy, Sam, going over a list of security questions. This happened this morning at 11:30 and it is now 9 p.m. and I still cannot access my email.

Comment (0)

It's time for AOL to stop showing the picture of the madman who shot all those innocent people in Orlando. We all know what he looks like and what his name is.

Comment (0)

It is obvious AOL corporate are favoring Hilary Clinton by the way they operate. It is extremely difficult to look up anything that has to do with people that are republican. I refuse to look at Hillary appearing on my screen. Besides the fact that she is ugly and dresses like a man. She lies about everything and is a crooked as they come along with her husband.

Comment (7)

I am sick and tired of this bill of 4.99 for computer check-up. However it happened, I have spent over an one hour and half the first time going from person to person --live chat--- and another phone call. I have been with AOL for around 14 years and my monthly payment is taken from my bank account. This 4.99 bill has my 96 years deaf mom who recently passed away. And you had her credit card number and who know how. I have a family member who does computer work for a living, computer check-up. The last person I talked with was a lady named Megan and said I would not get more notices by email for this. I will be taking this further if the issue is not resolved. My mom has died never had a computer and some how you got her credit card number is wrong.

Comment (0)

Your welcome page is an embarrassment to AOL and your longtime members like me. Today, you have Ali's death as a main story, but retain two oTher stories "admitted to hospital" and "family called". Are you that short staffed editorially that stuff like that appears so frequently!

Comment (0)

I am a long standing customer with AOL. I always have been. My problem is not so unique but I thought I would share my experience. Yesterday on the cover page you had advertised Truth Finder. I was curious as I'm sure many were. I took the bait and signed up for $22.86 per month, thinking I would be able to check on myself and others. The site showed it came up with a lot of info on me. I then discovered that to gain access to the info that I had to upgrade for an additional charge.

The bottom line is that I cancelled the account within 15 minutes. I agreed to have the payments charged to my PayPal account. I asked for a confirmation email so that if I was charge next month I would have a back up of proof that showed my actions. While I understand that advertising dollars are very important to a companies operating expenses this program is a real scam, and I am surprised to say the least that you would set your customers up with such a SCAM! Very disappointing.

Comment (2)

l observe that you have not posted my complaint about the new badly designed game site on AOL. I would like to lodge a second complaint on that subject. It requires me to check off a box before the site opens, and then requires me to identify myself. The games that I regularly play no longer appear where I can find them. Considering that AOL has so many delays due to glitches in your software-- articles that do not match their titles being a favorite error, ads that precede any and every news video; half-articles that require one to switch to a new page to get anything that relates to the title, thus giving you a second chance to bombard us with more ads; ads that stutter and stammer and never finish, but flip to new ads. Are you trying to drive customers away, or what?

Comment (6)

I wanted to sigh up for computer cleaning by AOL I filled out the billing form, but could not get it to print. I called the number listed on the form to get help. I encountered, "Gabriel" the WORST customer service person I ever met. He would NOT help me, only smart mouth coming from him. I asked for his supervisor and he hung up. I called and he answered AGAIN. Said he was NOT IN US AND GLAD HE WAS NOT". Now I am afraid he will steal my credit card information. What kind of people are you hiring? I need help RIGHT NOW. I hope my credit card has not been compromised.

Comment (0)

Twice in less than 15 minutes I wrote 2 different letters that were wiped out by aol. Both times everything in the letters was gone. The letters were replies to emails I received. In both instances no explanation as to what problem had occurred or how to recover what had been written or when or if it was safe to once again try to write. Thus, I rate aol at zero stars and your service and lack of courtesy and help STINKS.

Comment (0)

This is not a complaint. It's more of a recommendation/suggestion. I like using the "stationery" for sending emails but it has never, in the years that I've been on AOL, been updated or improved. The seasons are a good example. There'e nothing for Fall or Spring....just Winter. Holidays would be another area to consider. I've noticed other areas of change, but not with "stationery." I strongly suggest that this be given attention!

Comment (0)

I resent the pop up asking to donate to Hillary Clinton. That rich woman does not need anyone's money. Please stop the pop ups. I need to know who to see to sue you for putting them on the screen when I use AOL. You have no right to put that picture on anything unless I request.

Comment (0)

I try to log onto AOL instead of the standard page I have had for years, I now get a notice to delete the page that it is not safe. I obtained a message from two organizations, a school and a health care clinic requesting a response and when I try to respond, I get the same page telling me to delete the page, not safe. What good is my membership if I can't use it. I would like this problem corrected.

Comment (0)

All of a sudden I have popups all over the place. I think they are overriding my pop up blockers. They show up in AOL when I am reading email and checking out AOL news. I started with AOL when you first came out and I am thinking about trying gmail if this crap doesn't stop.

Comment (0)

I am sick of seeing articles on your website depicting horrible incidents of animal cruelty. Two in just the last 2 days. It is extremely upsetting!! And hardly newsworthy in my mind. Is it really necessary to publish these kind of acts obviously done by sick people? Please stop it. At this time I don't want to open up aol.com anymore for fear of seeing anymore of these.

Comment (0)

Dear AOL, I have been a member for many years now, but currently I am tired of the constant side ads for Hilary Clinton. I am considering canceling, because it is so annoying. It seems that AOL is blatant in its support for this woman, who I believe is a criminal, and I find that offensive. I am asking that it stop, because I refuse to pay for your political advertisements. I pay you people $20 a month for your service, not to support your candidates.

Comment (0)

I have been with AOL for close to 20 years. Now, as I open an AOL news article the video that opens up has nothing to do with the news subject. That video should only be about the subject of the article. I get tired of searching the page for the video that matches the news piece I chose to read and or watch. I am seriously considering leaving AOL due to the way you have your news videos set up. It is a waste of my time to start watching a news video that has nothing to do with the subject and I don't appreciate it using up my allotted time on the internet. Change you methods.

Comment (7)

I use AOL for my email (no problem) however when I try to use the AOL browser it finds a list of what I am looking for. I can then open a website. When I close that website it should go back to the list so that I can pick another website IT DOES NOT. It just goes to a blank page and stays there forevermore. Also the news page works very slow and the post that you provide is a complete waste of time (agonizingly slow.) I don't have these problems with Firefox or Google Chrome or Internet Explorer. I reported they by phone to AOL three weeks ago and I was told that you were having problems. How long do I have to wait before things get back to normal?

Comment (0)

For several weeks I have called to complain that I can not print our my portfolios (in the Finance section). If this problem can not be resolved I will have to go to some service other than AOL. No one in AOL seems to know how to correct it.

Comment (0)

I cannot remove AOL's coercive SigFig and view my stock portfolio. Submitted post to SigFig with its notice that posting "requires moderator approval" and it was not posted nor did I receive a response.

Comment (0)

Format for news has changed. Harder to follow with pictures and other articles taking space. Just because it's different, doesn't mean it's better. I usually enjoy the news from AOL, it has variety that newspapers sometimes lack. It's convenient. But don't care to have to look all over for next story.

Comment (0)

About 25% of the time, I am not able to open "Favorites". This wastes my time. Also, there are so many times where there is a heading such as "Best and worst corvettes" but when you click on it, you either cannot access that info or you have to scroll through as many as 10 pages to actually get the info involved. Net result is that i am very unhappy with AOL and will probably cancel the account I have had for 25 + years.

Comment (0)

I'm offended by that lying liberal rag called The Huffington post. Please use a different news agency to report the news. If you continue to use this garbage news agency I'm cutting all ties to AOL.

Comment (2)

Mail at the moment is fine, but my mail address book was hacked in early March. Hundreds of Yahoo.com addresses were added. That was a mess. My main problem is with AOL as my browser. It has gotten to the point where so many adds are trying to open that it freezes up just about every other time I try to read the articles. I realize you need the revenue from those adds, but your getting too greedy. I will stop using you (after 20 years). If this situation does not improve soon. I have already sampled your comps, they don't seem to have that problem.

Comment (0)

Talk about biased. I am sick of AOL trashing Donald Trump, and sick of hearing the constant commercial about American values with Hillary Clinton. In my opinion after Vice Foster and Bengazi, she has no morals or values. I am going to ditch AOL as soon as I can. Terrible.

Comment (0)

Well, I don't know exactly what happened but it looks like your tech people did not have any thing to do so they changed the headline news page from national stories, local stories, business news, sports news, entertainment news, health news to a new format which in my opinion is terrible. I liked the layout of the old page. One could scroll down thru the headlines and pick what they wanted to read very quickly. Now there is a bunch of garbage and no icon at the top of the page to go to email directly. I have been an AOL member paying good money for over 20 years and I do not like this change.

Comment (0)

AOL Web pages are horrid. Jumps up and down, all over the place as it loads and displays. Can get sea sick from watching it bouncing around. Quality control is non existent. Obviously was not tested on more that 1 platform or more than 30 seconds. They farmed out web design to cheapest bidder and least qualified. Good grief.

Comment (1)

We opened a subscription approximately 15 years ago, we unsubscribed, notified our bank to cancel the subscription, as well as AOL, a few months later they went back in to my wife's account and carried on taking the payment, Santander allowed them to do it! Years later when we spotted it on a statement, we contacted AOL. Santander, after we contacted them said they would set up a challenge, we never heard about it again. f For the last 2 to 3 years we have received demands from multiple collection agencies who have all declined to take it further, we have been charged for signing up to AOL broadband, we never did.

Comment (1)

I would greatly appreciate NOT seeing Hillary Clinton's face and related ads when I sign in, (nor would I appreciate seeing any other candidates' faces on my computer screen). I suspect the Clinton campaign paid for this exposure, which is their right, but it would be far better for companies like AOL to decline such political ads or at least provide the customer a way of opting out of seeing them. We get enough ads as it is, and certainly do not need these!

Comment (7)

It seems as though you are making it very difficult to read your articles I click on. First I can't find the rest of the story and all the ad's that keep jumping up. I can see why your members are demenishing. I liked the old AOL better.

Comment (0)

AOL News item titles are sometimes misleading or completely untruthful. Tonight I saw an item entitled, Anderson Cooper tells Trump "his answer was the answer of a five year old." And listening and watching the piece 3 times I found no such conversation or statement by Mr. Cooper. The title was completely wrong. Your company does give titles that are alluring and then do not produce what they offer. Please train your copywriters to tell the truth in their lead-in titles to the news items.

Comment (0)

I was "migrated " from Verizon Yahoo 2 weeks go. I received an email from AOL welcoming me and telling me my emails and contacts would be moved. The emails took a day or two but the contacts disappeared. I spent hours over several days complaining to technicians and even a supervisor all to no avail. We have been gravely inconvenienced by this and have lost not only email but other addresses and info as a result. Had we been made aware there would have been the possibility of such problems we would have prepared for such ineptitude.

As it is, we are very dissatisfied with the service and if not resolved, will not only move out of AOL but all Verizon services as well. This seems to be the general consensus of others who have been "migrated". Then, my estranged wife has setup fake AOL email account and fake Facebook account. She sends me emails from adult hookup sites. I need AOL contact information. She is a Cheater and a liar. After that, I noticed that you changed the format of you AOL home page. You failed to put up where you can sign out or change to another email name. You also failed to show if you have any emails. Not very quality work on your part.

Comment (0)

Nothing has happened. What has happened is not one thing in your daily news items about Easter. Your mail, other than wonderful animal pictures contains unimportant news about celebrities and is geared for the young. There is no reason or excuse to ignore this religious holiday and some type of sharing or a story. You are constantly putting news in about the Pope. Many of us are not Catholic. It doesn't bother me to read about him and I have a choice as all others not to read what they don't want to read. Shame on you!

Comment (0)

I have no real problems with AOL, other than the vulgar, uncomplimentary pictures of women. These pictures come up the minute I sign onto AOL. I do not wish to see these pictures, because I feel a woman should be shown in a more respectful manner. If i wish to see those kind of pictures, I can pull them up. I do not want to see this stuff every time I get on the computer. I am not being snooty, I just find it depressing. Beautiful women are fine to see, just not the naked, vulgar and uncomplimentary types that are forced on us. I find it hard to believe that the majority of the public prefer to see this.

Comment (0)

I have two main complaints against AOL. First, Hillary Clinton is now all over the website including the home page and sign in page. Get her out of my pages! Second, I receive a lot of e-mails from adultsites. I believe my x is signing me up for these sites. Is there a way you can check into this and see who is sending me all these e-mails? If this is wrong department could you please forward this to the correct department. Hope to hear from you soon. If anyone has successfully contacted AOL customer service I would like the best phone number and hours of operation.

Comment (5)

I've been a customer for many years and "everyday: for the past few months you have slammed Donald Trump in your news section, not just once each day but multiple times. We all know your editorial policy is hard left but do you need to express it in the "news section" of AOL's daily briefing. Shame on you for this blatant and slanted journalism which I'm sure many readers like myself find not only offensive but down right obnoxious.

Comment (0)

I was migrated from Verizon mail to AOL email on February 12th, AOL is having issues getting my webmail to work. On February 18th i again spoke to customer service and they gave me a case and said it will be escalated Case Number 05219967 - I have called several times since and get the same response, the issue ha not been resolved and they will call me WHEN it is fixed although they cannot give a date as to when that might be, it is now February 28th and still not call and not resolution.

Browse reviews of other Internet Services