Customer Satisfaction Results

AOL

Complaint Department

Filed by s mills on Jan 27, 2015
Consumer Rating

Used AOL mail for 20 years. I have a personal account and bc of recent lay off created a professional email account for linkedin and on my resume submittals. As of yesterday I am not able to access the professional account and when I call both the tech #s I am stuck in a loop to provide my phone # which I would not include in my profile. Tried everything to get to a live person w no success. I emailed my complaint to AOL via my personal email account. that was over 24 hours ago and still no response. I am in the middle of setting up interviews etc and now this??? Really AOL?

9 customers agree with this feedback

Do you agree? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about AOL?

Compare AOL to Similar Internet Services more...

AOL Customer Feedback Trending Now

49 AOL consumers have created complaints against AOL to date. Need to report poor customer service? Use our free AOL complaint form to share your review. Need to contact AOL corporate headquarters? Find office address, phone number, and email information here.

Consumer Rating

Today when I signed on to aol I could not get a picture on the info in the center of the screen (1 to 40). There is writing next to them but no picture.

Consumer Rating

There are far to many adds that are covering full news stories and where the corner close ad choice does not close the ad rather it often has no choice to close the advertisement at all. This is getting to the point where what you offer is nothing but advertising as though you have gone the way of television and radio...PLEASE reduce these on our welcome page ASAP. I am considering switching to Bing or Google as my home base for searching and emailing if this problem does not get solved.

Consumer Rating

Cancelled my AOL Broadband service in January 2015. Continued to receive billing for a service that was not provided. Went on lie after cancelling service with message stating the service was not active. Initlially disputed charge with credit card carrier in January, informed may be off the billing cycle for AOL, paid bill only to to receive another bill from AOL. The credit card company processed the dispute and denied payment. Today I received a bill from AOL again stating that I owed $35.90 in charges and that my now cancelled account fro the last 3 months was suspended and that I needed to pay the bill. We did pay the bill, but was not pleased with the process. We have not used this service for quite some time, but neglected to cancel the service previously, for which I take full responsibility for. I suspect this may be true for a number of people and will do my best to inform the best I can. CONSUMERS BEWARE.

Consumer Rating

Fraud companies are pulling my email account and using my background loan information to threaten me. Stating that I will be arrested. Calling my employer,and myself with verbal threats demanding payments. Again they were able to pull my online information and using it against me. I have changed my log in sign-in over and over again, what else? Can I receive a new account?

Consumer Rating

I paid for live help on the phone from Aol and I have been on hold for 43 minutes waiting for someone to pick up and help me. so far all i hear is some terrible music that is loud and annoying. You have charged me for this service and I am getting no service at all!

Consumer Rating

I have had my account invalidated i can not sighn on get to my emails as im looking for work and gave this email to companys i find it so frustrating that they can just take my email account away no waring or prior communications i have broken no rules or terms of contract , i have had this email account for over 14 years plz could some one help me with this ?

Consumer Rating

For the past couple of weeks aol is not responding or there is a long wait until it finally does respond. I have just had a computer scan and there doesn'y seem to be anything wrong - so please tell me what is going on.

Consumer Rating

Ive been on hold over an hour on TWO different phones and the music being played is really disturbing. I had to put my phone on speaker because who can sit and wait this long for a representative without going on with their lives. Your music is morbid and these wait times are unacceptable especially since I pay you $13 a month for what you claim is FREE EMAIL. I call once a week and go through this on hold for an hour thing before Ive had enough and hang up.

Consumer Rating

I went to my address book to find an address, I opened it up and found that my address book now contained HUNDREDS of addresses listed. These were 99.9 % strange addresses to me and all seemed to come from Yahoo members. My computer has been invaded. I just spent an hour deleting these addresses one by one and haven't made a dent. The only thing I can see is to cancel my AOL and start a new E mail account. I do not want to do this as I have nearly 20 years of advertising with this address and losing this address will cost me a great deal of money. What do I do and how did this happen?

Consumer Rating

3/25/15, 4:15 PM. I called AOL approximately 1:30, was advised an advanced technician would call me about 2:00 PM. No one called! For at least three or four weeks the AOL CALENDAR will not save or give a reminder for the day or date I chose, really aggravating. AOL always has had problems with the calendar. It says a server error occurred. AOL quite often come up with a prompt that AOL had incurred a problem, will resolve the issue, stand by. I then have to wait, sign in again. 'ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO CLOSE ALL THE TABS IN THIS WINDOW?’ If we go to the effort to close out the tabs, let us do it! Don’t make us go thru other motions. If we made a mistake, we will learn by it.

Since AOL took control of my computer to fix one of their other issues, I now have to go thru agonizing motions to be able to read a valid Email that was in SPAM. I select it as NOT SPAM. It does not appear in NEW MAIL as it had always done. Now I have to select MAIL on the top of the screen, scroll to CHECK OTHER EMAIL which brings up another AOL screen that I have to enter my Screen Name and Password again, even though I am already on AOL. WHY? It then brings up another screen showing the emails that I hadn’t been able to view previously. Having read one, I may have to sign in again to view others. Thanks AOL for your inefficiency, causing me all the extra effort and wasted time! Why am I paying AOL a $9.00 fee to fix problems I wouldn’t have if I didn’t use AOL? Just about every time I let AOL take control of my computer to fix a problem, they take the easy way out for them. I end up have to sign in again for all of my sites.

Consumer Rating

I have been unable access my account and to get hold of anyone from AOL for 3 days!!!!

Consumer Rating

i picked up a virus on aol yesterday i didn't open it but it popped up it was called some kinda shield i been with aol since it began over 30 yrs ago at least i am a 71 yr old male,i am on my mack now because my gate way all in one isn't working any more i been on aol tonight fooling with your tec support we went threw various steps to try and resolve this issue after over 4 hrs of working on it it finally stopped working i was talking to a supervisor in tech support names leanord l with nothing working after be frustrated. he said there wasn't anything else they could do and gave me the number for the billing dept said it opened at 8 am so at 8 i called them they kept telling me it was my fault. i sure am not a computer wiz then they sent me to software dept i got hung up on in there next so out of total frustration i am trying to get hold of some one thats higher up on the latter to take my computer to a local tech man here to reinstall windows 8 and back up my data so i don't loose everything on here.

Consumer Rating

AOL Answers since March 1 (18 days ago) has not allowed sign in with AOL screen name and password. Daily complaints via Feedback have had no reply.

Consumer Rating

I received a notice that AOL will start charging $750 PM after the 16 of April. After that a series of new connect was demonstrated, and now my emails are interrupted slowed down. At times I can not receive or discard messages. It really a disgusting mess.

Consumer Rating

I have registered a complaint to the ftc about this ongoing problem. All of the mail I send to the Aol folks is being returned to me by you folks. Yet all of their mail (Aol mail) is delivered to me. Seems myself and friends are paying for a service and not receiving it.

3 customers agree with this feedback

Consumer Rating

I received an e-mail stating my Aol service I have was being increased to $23.09 it is now $20.99. When I started with AOL my service was free. I am finding it hard to pay the $20.99 as I am a widow on
Social Security and really cannot afford what I am paying. I know people who do not pay for the AOL service they have. I don't know why I have to pay for mine. I had a computer and had Mc Afee but I have a Apple laptop for the last 5 years. I also do not use other features. I just use your face page. I would like to keep AoL but the price is too high. Please answer me ASAP, as I have tried calling for two days and they have told me I would have to wait on the line for 25 minutes. Not happy that I could not talk to anyone.

Consumer Rating

I wrote a complaint that I was never told that my old AOL email address would be no good after AOL changed its name to mail.com. Since AOL never gave me a new email address, I do not have a good one,so I gave the old AOL address. Now, after writing a complaint on this issue, I got a message that they would have to check my identity at my email address (which is the old AOL one which is no good). Therefore, my complaint will go nowhere and hundreds if not thousands of people will be right royally screwed by AOL's incompetence and lack of caring about the kind of job they do.

Consumer Rating

I am aol user for long time but yesterday I could not use it due to poor care about customer. I need to talk someone who can change this attitude and fix my problems. I need to open my aol mail. you are descrimating with age and race.

9 customers agree with this feedback

Consumer Rating

I play games.com and set up a chip buy and coin buy for tje game word battle. You have charged me at the end of march twov times fifty dollarsvfor chips thatvi didnot get in 24 hours marv h 25 and 27 you let me click in but no chips. I dispute these charges of two x fifty dollars at end of march . I earlier did purchase fifty in coins fifty in chipsvand 15 $ in chips earlier in march and 15 $ worth the 31 of march. I did not get mt chips the two last 50 $ buyyou have charged me for kathy vesey . 612 802 2366

Contact the AOL Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to AOL. What is their corporate mailing address?

Not available. Click here to file your AOL complaint online.

• I want to call the AOL customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

Not available. Click here to file your AOL complaint online.

• I need to visit the AOL company website. What is their website address?