AOL

Complaint Department

Most Popular Complaint about AOL

Posted by s mills on Jan 27, 2015
Customer Rating

Used AOL mail for 20 years. I have a personal account and bc of recent lay off created a professional email account for linkedin and on my resume submittals. As of yesterday I am not able to access the professional account and when I call both the tech #s I am stuck in a loop to provide my phone # which I would not include in my profile. Tried everything to get to a live person w no success. I emailed my complaint to AOL via my personal email account. that was over 24 hours ago and still no response. I am in the middle of setting up interviews etc and now this??? Really AOL?

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Did AOL provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about AOL?

Customer Satisfaction Results
2.03 out of 5
2.03 out of 5 Stars
32 Consumer Reviews

AOL
Contact Information

I want to write a letter to AOL. What is their corporate mailing address?

I want to call the AOL customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

I need to visit the AOL company website. What is their website address?

More AOL Complaints

Customer Rating

I am aol user for long time but yesterday I could not use it due to poor care about customer. I need to talk someone who can change this attitude and fix my problems. I need to open my aol mail. you are descrimating with age and race.

Customer Rating

I play games.com and set up a chip buy and coin buy for tje game word battle. You have charged me at the end of march twov times fifty dollarsvfor chips thatvi didnot get in 24 hours marv h 25 and 27 you let me click in but no chips. I dispute these charges of two x fifty dollars at end of march . I earlier did purchase fifty in coins fifty in chipsvand 15 $ in chips earlier in march and 15 $ worth the 31 of march. I did not get mt chips the two last 50 $ buyyou have charged me for kathy vesey . 612 802 2366

Customer Rating

My e-mail address was shut down by AOL.com and will not let me retrieve my e-mails and contact list. I had to create a new e-mail address but cannot retrieve my contact data base to tell my customers of my new address. My business has come to a stand still and my customers are not able to contact me.

I have been customer of AOL for 20 years

there email is getting worse and worse.

When I send out group mailings to my customers i am continually challenged.

I called years ago and go set up to do large group mailing

I recently had my email blocked and had to fill out these forms out to send group mailing and then sent a form letter saying my request is denied.

All my friends have moved to Gmail I guess aol is trying to force people to Gmail.

I asked for personal help or a phone call and just get form letters.

The customer service department has been so bad. Obviously I will be leaving Aol like my friends

Customer Rating

my account has been hacked. called the 18773382158 # i was told i would b able to access my account right after the phone call.. have not been able to!!! called a 18002341696# had a very rude man with me told me i could not speak to a supperviser…. i want to b able to access my email have had it for a long time i have no money to give you…

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Christopher Staats on 03/11/2014 at IP address 208.125.210.187 using our aol complaint form. This opinions contained in this aol customer review titled, “hacked” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I have noticed lately that when you scroll down to see or make a comment about a story, I often sates that the site can not be found, try again. Why is this happening so frequently of late. Can you please repair or change something so that this does not happen?

Customer Rating

I have had no phoneline connection since 3rd may, i have made calls to aol but have limited use on my mobile when calling so resulting in connection being lost half way through calls to aol, i have asked for an engineer to be sent out to rectify the problem, i was told the troubleshooting process has to be followed before they can do this but i cnstantly lose connection through my mobile half way through the call when doiing the line test and no aol colleague has bothered to call me back to finish the call, there has been many line tests done and still nothing, i am in urgent need of my phoneline to be fixed or the problem sorted as i work from home and cant work without a landline, please give this matter your urgent attention.

Customer Rating

Dear AOL. Can you please help me as I am now getting very frustrated, For sometime now I have been getting a regular amount of spam mail, but what is most annoying and really should not be happening if AOL was monitoring this as they are supposed to be doing. THE SPAM IS NOT EVEN ADDRESSED TO ME CORRECTLY BUT YET IT’S STILL GETTING IN MY IN-BOX AS WELL AS MY SPAM BOX WHY?
And please don’t tell me to go into my settings and block the post so as not to receive it. Because It should not be reaching me to start with as its not addressed to me correctly.
So can you please tell me what the hell is going on, Its not as though we don’t have enough to worry about with phishing and scams.
So can you please get your act together and make sure I stop receiving male that’s not addressed to me and make sure my spam is correctly monitored.

Thank You.

Customer Rating

As of yesterday, emails I have sent to friends and family with a hotmail have been rejected. The message said to contact my Internet server…said something about being on a blocked list. Code was 550 SC-001 (SNTO-MCINTYRE-F31). I am unable to communicate with my granddaughter now. Please advise. I have been with aol since 1995.

Customer Rating

We have been AOL cutomers for 20 years. Now we have a problem not of our making and we cannot talk to a tech without a service contract. It does not seem right and is poor customer relations.
I cannot e-mail people I have been e-mailing for years during the last few weeks. I have been blocked from these specific addresses: tcgibbany@comcast.net and mburdell1@comcast.net. There may be more. There are other comcast customers that I can e-mail. It makes no sense. I can e-mail tcgibbany@comcast.net and mburdell1@comcast.net using gmail and comcast.net accounts.
I talked to several technical people at Comcast about the problem and the final result was that they said it is an AOL problem. When I called AOL tech support I was told that I needed to agree to a service contract (which I did not want) before they would even talk to me. I said OK and I was told to change my password. I did, but it made no difference.
Is the solution to either pay for something I do not want or is it to forget AOL.
John Evans

Customer Rating

When I try to log on using my screen name it shuts AOL down. Also when I sign on with my wife’s account I can surf normally. but when I try to change to my account it shuts down. This has been going on for months now. By the way it will sometime flip and I can sign on an my wife can’t. This is ridiculous… fix it or I’m leaving.

Customer Rating

In short, my father passed away about a year ago and with him went the passwords for some of his email accounts, one of which was set up for my now 81-year-old mother.

It seems that my mother can not remember the password. No problem, says AOl, just fax us a copy of your husband’s death certificate and a document showing that you are teh next of kin/beneficiary and we will provide you with the password. Ooops, sorry, we need more information before we can do that: We need the address on the billing statement (there is no bill, it’s a free account).

My father had several addresses for his business over the years since he opened up his/my mother’s AOL account. Which one was it? Or was it their home address? I gave the AOL reps all of the possible addresses …. and they would neither confirm nor deny any of them. They also said that my mother had to provide a utitlity bill for the address …. which is fine, except we don’t know, and they won’t tell us which one it is.

My mother can’t sleep at at night because of this. I don’t what kind of emails she typically gets but this 81-year-old grandmother believes that in the time that she has not been able to access her AOl account she has been missing something vital.

I understand security…..but this lack of common-sense humanity is truly ridiculous. I too have an AOL account. So does my wife. So do my kids. Not anymore, hello GMail/Ymail/Hotmail, etc. AOL should be ashamed of themselves.

Customer Rating

AOL Customer Service: AOL is my home page and I use it to bring me up to date on world events. More often than not, your video updates are preceded by commercials which are 30+ seconds in duration. If I am confronted with a commercial that I am unable to circumvent (read: avoid) within the first 10 seconds, I will abort the connection and go elsewhere for my updates.

I am actually thinking of publicizing my frustration with AOL on internet open forums to get support from others to show how annoying and non productive your adds are when people turn them off in utter frustration and never get to the news update.

I realize how important ads are to your revenue stream, but please give us an out. Lots of sites do. I remain…..

Customer Rating

i have been receiving email s from these people and i dont know them. and i dont know how or where they are getting my email address from the only other site i use is ebay .and yahoo email .i added them to spam block list but i get them from other people after that. what can i do to stop these emails? here are the email addresses.

a.mfinancebhd@talktalk.net
mail@manu.cc
mike@optionleader.org
test2@irost.ir

Customer Rating

I have tried to access AOL service for several days. The application ceases after entering zip code. My computer no longer furnishes the “new mail” sound when in use.

When composing or forwarding email I would previously type in letter identifying recipient and a small window would appear showing full email address to be inserted with a mere click. This no longer occurs.

When composing or forwarding email the bar above message shows only type variety and size, NOT “bold”,
“underline”, “italics”, etc. Previously I could send photos, but to no avail now.

Customer Rating

I have been called many times by AOL in the last month saying I owe them money. I was using dial up and then went to broadband so now I do not need that service. I never used your Norton virus because it slowed my computer down and I had to delete it.

Your service is free for those who have broadband. You need to have your people stop harassing me or I will get my lawyer involved. I have been writing down the date, time and persons name that have been calling me. I tell them each time I do not need the paid service any longer, but they keep phoning me back. This needs to stop.

If I get one more phone call I will be writing you a letter to stop the harassment and if it is not stooped I will contact an attorney to deal with it.

Customer Rating

I have been a PAYING user of aol for a good 7 years plus. I used AOl just fine last night and then this morning i tried logging in and it wouldnt let me. I also spent a lot of time on the phone with getting no one that would give me a reason other than I “may have violated terms of use” even though I have done nothing different than I have the last 7 years. I was told to write a letter to have my account reactiviated, so I did and went to the post office to overnight it $20.00. Once i left he post office the more I thought about it the more it pissed me off. So I called back agian to get the same response and they couldnt give me a phone number for the people that choose to delete your accounts and she told me I needed to write a letter, but this time i got a different address and she said she had no clue why the 1st lady told me the wrong place to mail it.

So I mail the 2nd letter (another $20.00) I could have sent it regular mail but all my banking, ect are emailed to my AOL account. Guess that does me no good now. What a joke that someone can delete your account of oveer 10 years, I mean if you were sending out spam, ect wouldnt you have been doing it the 1st part of the 7 years. But yet there is no number to contact them directly. There is importanty information in my emails such as bank statments, ect that now I can not get to.

I couldn’t get into my AOL over the weekend. Tne message was that thre was “Unusual activity”, so the account was blocked. When I called AOL today they couldn’t find my account, even though I and only I have had the account for around 29 years. long and short of it: I can no longer access my AOL, can’t get to m y address book, find out what billsa re pending for me to pay, can’t import anything from AOL to my gmail account. In short, they have really ruined things for me.If you are reading this and are still on AHole El, get off while you can.

Customer Rating

I am perhaps one of the oldest persons and freuent user to of the Author’s Chat room. My complaint concerns the ability and total disregard by some members to monopolize the space in that chat room for hours on end, thus making it impossible for others to visit, even for a few minutes. There should be some method to remove them from the room after they have been in it for over an hour of time, and not allow reentrance to that particular chat room untile at least two hours have passed. I PAY for aol, which many in that room do not, and I resent not being able to access that particular room for even a few minutes, except perhaps at 4 AM!!

Customer Rating

I just found out that somehow I installed an AOL toolbar that circumvented my Firefox and IE. and every now and then when I would open my Firefox all my Tabs were removed. I had stuff I was working on that I didn’t bookmark. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD who the hell comes up with this stuff?. I found a program in Add/remove Aol UPDATER and I have been really paying attention to what I’ve installed recently and AOL was never among them. so this was hidden somewhere and I hope it doesn’t happen again.

Customer Rating

I WAS TAKEN IN BY THIS “FREE 30 DAY PERIOD” AND NOW AOL HAVE BEEN INTO MY GIRLFREINDS ACCOUNT AND TAKEN £105 OVER TWO TRANSACTIONS I CLOSED THE COMPUTER CHECK UP AS DIRECTED AND EVEN HAD MY LAP TOP FORMATTED SINCE THERE IS NO WAY I OWE THIS AMOUNT OF MONEY I FOUND THE APPLICATION COMPLICATED AND DEFINETLY CANCELLED IT PROPERLY I WILL NOW NO DOUBT HAVE BANK CHARGES AS WE CANT AFFORD £105 FOR NOTHING IN RETURN. IF AOL CHECK THERE DATA BASE THEY WILL SEE THAT I CLOSED THE APPLICATION WELL BEFORE THE 30 DAYS WHERE UP. HOW CAN THEY GET AWAY WITH FALSE ADVERTISING ???

Companies Like AOL