AOL Customer Service

Contact AOL Corporate

Toll free phone number: 1-800-827-6364

AOL is an internet services and media company. It is one of the largest in the world, and because of that there are plenty of AOL complaints to go around. Many of them include poor customer service, problems with email and internet connections, and problems contacting the corporate office. Because AOL is a more traditional media company, they primarily rely on dated methods of handling problems with customers.

Many customers report frustrations trying to solve even the most basic of troubleshooting tasks to correct browser, internet, or email issues. The CEO of AOL is Tim Armstrong, who famously fired an employee while being recorded several years ago. He has been the CEO since 2009. If you need to write a letter to the CEO, his address is 770 Broadway New York, NY 10003. The corporate office phone number is (212) 206-4400.

The majority of complaints against the company stem from a lack of innovation, communication, and customer support. Although, given the corporations recent challenges at headquarters, it is not likely these problems will be resolved anytime soon. Focusing on customers simply is not a priority for AOL.

Upset with AOL?

File a complaint here!

Reach AOL Headquarters

Send your feedback directly to the management team

• AOL corporate office

• 770 Broadway New York
    • NY 10003

1-800-827-6364

Top AOL Complaints

AOL's Email page is so dysfunctional that I would lose it in a second if I could find another option. I had to take it when Verizon left. I thought AOL was out of business a long time ago for treating their customers like crap? When I type in the "search box" key words i'm looking for in emails in my "in box" it takes at least 3 tries to get the list and another 3-4 tries to delete all of them completely. If I go through my "in box' a check each one that I want to move to a folder about half way into it the screen will blink and come back on with all the checks missing. the site is incredibly slow. When scrolling it stops and starts and sputters and then goes really fast.

Comment (0)

Is AOL news from the old Huffington Post? We AOL users had a choice between the socialist left (Greek Politics in America Huf Post) and other news outlets. Why did you change that? I would estimate that there were 99 negative Trump and 3 or 4 negative HRC stories over past two weeks alone. It getting to the point the Greek Socialist point of view of the AOL news is too much to bear. AOL news is more like Pravada - constant propaganda from the left without a single dissenting view.

Comment (1)

I totally dislike the (new) version layout of AOL I dislike clicking on every email I don't want to read! Why can't the program ask me to "click on those I wish to read"? Also now my prior Address Book, Family members, ect. are totally missing! This all happened about three weeks ago, as apparently the version was changed without my permission nor notification! As a " many years customer" I am very dissatisfied! Suddenly I could no longer connect to AOL, Century Link couldn't help me, get access, The next day there appeared a second and only AOL working Icon. I prefer the previous version and I want my address book back! I spend too much time canceling every email that I don't want to read!

Comment (0)

Someone hacked my computer while I was using it and froze up everything. They were trying to get $150 out of me pretending to be from Microsoft Windows. I said I would not pay. There was a number that I called because I didn't think I had a choice since I was froze up. I hung up and then called AOL who told me I had been scammed but that I had to Subscribe to AOL Assist before they would fix it.That is costing me $19.99 for 10 months so I feel scammed again. I'm retired on a limited budget and don't really want this service. Said I couldn't cancel.

Comment (0)

AOL ads are an absolute annoying condition. Every news item I am interested in makes me watch some ad or other. This is getting to such an annoyance that I may switch to another home page. Something else about AOL's Subject blocks, you use deceptive advertising when you show a persons face as a lead in to the article. But the article is about anything but that person. I have stopped watching them as they waste my time. Dumb advertising at the least.

Comment (0)

AOL has become the worst email service in the country. My email crashes every time I to write an email. Switching to gmail immediately and will tell all my friends the same thing. Tim Armstrong and Verizon what have you done?

Comment (0)

AOL news is very liberal and bias against the Republican Party and Donald Trump. It is obvious that AOL supports Hillary and the Democrat Party. Also they have at least 2 or 3 crazy articales on the Kardashians. What makes these people so important for so many articles? Most people could care less about the Kardashians.

Comment (1)

I have had an issue with AOL and several Facebook pages used by our club. The issue, I can't access the F/B pages. I get a "We encountered an error.....(Exception_Access_Violation)". I called the first time and was told AOL is having an issue and will be fixed soon. A couple weeks later, I call and the Tech guy goes on my computer and does a scan check. Turns out I had some issues and the tech suggested we purchase "System Mechanic". After all of this it did work again, but just for a couple days an I got the same message.

Called later and told AOL is still working on it. Called again, the tech goes through another scan and asks where System Mechanic came from. I told him that the AOL Tech installed it. He said that was a mistake and removed it telling me he would turn this over to Cisco for doing a "Repair". This costing about $430. I told him no. We have had AOL for many years and now I don't know who to trust. We have not had issues with AOL in the past with only minor issues but this is making me question staying with AOL. I would appreciate your thoughts!

Comment (0)

AOL headlines reveal a strong bias against Hillary Clinton and for Donald Trump. Is their news journalism or a political agenda?

Comment (0)

A few years back I complained that in order to make comments on new articles I needed to have a Facebook account. For about eight to ten months that requirement seemed to disappear. However, it has returned again and again, I want to know why you are denying me my rights to free speech? Being a paying member of AOL should be good enough to make comments. Huffington Post, out to make another dime, has continued to be the problem. I wonder what the ACLU will say.

Comment (0)

Why does AOL play politics? Your journalist are getting to be so left leaning it's pathetic. You pick and choose stories that support that unethical lying Queen of Corruption Hillary while picking stories that take shots at Trump. I'm an Independent and I want neutral reporting not left sheep deciding what and how I read it. Even the complaints that are posted and political in nature are nothing but left sheep whining about Trump.

Where are the stories of Hillary's unethical behaviors, stories of her deleted emails, posting of her passing out and needed to be carried off. Either hire some decent journalist or find some with a shred of ethics. 20 years a customer and I'm about to call it quits with your company. I'm not going to fund piss poor journalist that are lap dogs to the left. Find writers that stand in the middle and have no bias that can actually write about news.

Comment (0)

Why does AOL play politics? They have a news section. At the bottom of the news there is a place to enter a comment. I like to write comments about Trump and how bad he would be as president of my country. What I notice AOL does is put a pending approval on my comment, or just deletes it. This is an issue about freedom of speech. It's not fair that AOL censored my comments and allows the most anti-Obama comments to be posted. If anything, AOL should be neutral about politics. I'm hoping that someone connected with AOL puts an end to favoring a presidential candidate. I'm also hoping that someone in our news media investigates AOL's prejudice in politics.

Comment (0)

I object to political advertising, especially ads promoting Donald Trump. appearing on my every check of email. The fact that AOL accepts ads from a mysogynistic, racist, homophobic probable child molester is in itself horrific, but I do not want to be exposed to such a monstrous man every time i check my mail! If this does not stop promptly, I will no longer use AOL as my mail source nor any longer visit the site.

Comment (0)

I do not appreciate getting adult offers, even in the spam! These use various offensive terms for body parts, etc. etc. I have tried reporting them to phish@abuse.aol.com, with apparently no results. Are these people ever shut down? Also, we subscribe to a listserve, IN-bird: bird sightings around Indiana. Quite a few of these go in the spam; why is that? Not all do, however. Does the spam selector ever learn what individual AOL subscribers consider spam.

Comment (0)

I have been a paying customer since 2000, sixteen years of loyalty and this is the first major complaint I have but it is a big one. My AOL account freezes and I can't close it, or correct it, Often I have to wait ten minutes before it acknowledges this fact and notifies me that AOL is not responding. Then it tells me Microsoft is checking for the problem, restarts and it freezes again.

I have called about this seven times---a tech takes over my screen does it thing, tells me it is okay. In a few hours back to square one, freeze up, I was getting a level two tech last three times and when I called the girl said I needed a level three and she was going to connect me. I hung up and contacted HP Smart Friend Service and he took over, did his thing and we both hoped for the best.

Three days later it happens again. The problem lies with your server and definitely with your techs. What do I have to do to get a person who is well qualified to get the job done right. This constant happening is frustrating this 85 year old lady who wants to do better things with my time than call AOL to fix my problem.

Comment (0)

I can't open any of the items shown on your web page. All I get is "Whoops" and then an error page saying an error occured while trying to open a tab. I click on the refresh tabs link and still nothing happens. The upshot of all of this, is I can't use your service if you don't perform. If there is no resolution, I must terminate your "lack of service". No news, information, etc., just email. I have to go to msn or verixzon for the information I want.

Comment (0)

I want to complaint about Donald Trump's AOL advertisement that was on my AOL page today. September, 6, 2016. The ad resembles Hitler giving his "Heil Hitler" arm signal. I am deeply deeply offended by the ad and I am surprised you did not censor it. I tried to copy the picture to post it to Facebook so I could take a survey among my friends, but I could not copy it. I will complain to my Congressman and Senator if I see it on AOL's main page again; I consider it a hate crime.

Comment (2)

Overall I really like AOL and have been a member since the 1990s. However something you have done recently drives me nuts. For some reason, now when I try to read one of your news stories, and I do not want to watch the video...as I scroll down the page reading a small irritating window opens and obstructs what I am trying to read. The window is so that I can see the stupid video as I read but I don't want to see the video...I am trying to read! What really makes my head explode is that there is absolutely no way to close the window. All you have to do to shut me up is put an x in the top right corner so I can close the dang window.

Also thank you for going easier on the Huffpo news. I don't mind different points of view but those guys are liberal idiots.

Comment (0)

I am tired of being "knocked" off line by AOL constantly and many times in a matter of minutes. This must be a problem as AOL as an "apology" and reconnect message. Then as you get back on it happens again....got knocked off 5 times in a matter of 3 minutes. I am also tired of the constant advertising messages that last for 30 seconds with no option of having to tolerate. I pay a monthly fee and have for years to enjoy Internet Service provided by AOL Why should I pay for the fee to have some "junk" ad crammed down my throat for 30 seconds. Then when I get on line there is the pop up "crap" in the upper right corner that blares out with sound...at least I can click it out.

I expect an answer and after some 25 or more years with AOL am ready to do something else.

Comment (2)

For the better part of a year I've dealt with constant disconnects and freezes but the most annoying is "AOL Not Responding." Its a rare event if I can log onto AOL without not responding and coming up not just once but five or six time in a row. Twice Ive paid service charges to insure that it wasn't Comcast's problem. This problem increased when I went to WiFi for connection since Broadband is no longer available. Is there a solution to this problem.

Comment (0)

I would appreciate it if when reporting the news, you would be less biased on what you report. It is so annoying to read what you say about the candidates running for political office. When you are against a candidate, it is obvious by all the negative things you state about them. Just report the news and NOT your opinions. I enjoy AOL if it wasn't for your opinionated news reporting. I truly hope you will consider my criticism

Comment (0)

Each and every day I get bombarded with anti-Trump articles when I log on to AOL. I get it AOL, you don't like Trump. OK already!! But, how about listing all the loot Hillary and Bill stole from the American taxpayer when they left the White House. It's now common knowledge they took everything that wasn't nailed down to pay off Paula Jones (850,000) and all the millions in lawyer's fees from Bill's countless bimbo eruptions. Thank God they had to return it all. For most everyone else, that would be enough to keep a close eye on any politician named Clinton but not AOL.

Hillary has lied about Benghazi, lied about her private email server, lied about being shot at in 1996 in Bosnia, supported the war in Iraq and was called out by the FBI for her reckless behavior as Secretary of State with respect to her handling of sensitive and classified material. To AOL however, Hillary is the second coming. Follow the money! Where does AOL get their funding? So much for fair and balanced reporting.

Comment (1)

AOL is so liberal and biased in its reporting and what they choose to report or not report, I can't hardly stand it anymore. You should at least be fair, but you are so one sided and its so obvious that people all over are noticing. I am sure you are losing customers because of it. I will be one of them soon.

Comment (0)

This is a complaint regarding the newsfeeds when I access aol.com. You are showing the USA Olympic medal winners even though they won't be shown in prime time until that night. You have done this twice with the women's gymnastics. I type in aol.com to access my email and BOOM there it is - no spoiler alert, no warning, no nothing.

Comment (0)

Don't you have people checking comments on line? Comments seem to be getting more abusive and vulgar. I flag this stuff, but it just keeps happening. Don't you ever ban abusers from posting?

Comment (0)

What do you mean I am not allowed to change my payment method? AOL is not a binding service nor monopoly. They provide a service at my pleasure and my option. Recently you sent me an offer to provide two free months of service if I would continue my 20+ year service. I accepted and the billing department still charged my account. When I called the clerk said that it would be one month. Just because you purchase Yahoo, I can still fire you at the drop of a hat!

And by the way, the over the top support of Clinton and the Democratic party is insulting and so biased that it smells thru the TV set. Maybe the Clinton administration will give me free AOL service to go along with my Obama telephone, my free college education and free health care.

Comment (0)

I am a long time customer. Your news is so very biased against the Republican party it is pathetic. I am in independent voter and want a service that is not bent on attempting to brainwash me. Surely you know this is your company policy!

Comment (0)

After three and a half hours of distress today trying to get access to my account after your technical support division screwed up my account, I was distressed to come to my account this evening and see a big picture of Hillary Clinton. If you guys are going to advertise for her, I am leaving. I am a twenty year customer. I was forced to get an upgraded account today, to access your technical experts, to fix what you technical support division did. Now i come to my account and the huge picture of clinton is a slap in the face.

Today is the anniversary of my child's death. My only child for fifteen years. I don't need more trouble today. I hope you will respond. If you are a liberal organization backing HRC I want to know. I have many friends who are on Aol and are Trump supporters. I will share your response with them. It is one thing to take advertising. But to take advertising from a political candidate and run it on your opening page, knowing full well that many of your customers may be Republicans is not only irresponsible, but is unethical as well.

Comment (0)

My complaint is about your biased news stories. I didn't realize AOL seems to be owned by Donald Trump. I watched the Dem Convention last night and the only comments I saw on here were all negative even though I heard some amazing speeches and I got to see all of "The Donald's" nasty tweets. Now that I now you are in bed with Mr. Trump, I will be looking for another vendor after many many years.

Comment (0)

On your website I keep on getting a Skimlinks blank page with links to other pages when I try to look at different areas referenced on your start page. I don't know who Skimlinks is and it sounds like adware - I want nothing to do with Skimlinks, is this from AOL or am I being hacked? If it is from AOL how do I stop this?

Comment (0)

When I tried to connect on my AOL account It was denied. It gave a number to call which I did. After a 45 minute discussion on hacking, virus etc, etc it was brought up I needed a $499.99 program for my computer. When I found this out I ended the conversation on the computer, and on my phone. The "Tech Rep" still stayed on the phone, even called me up saying I needed a one time fix at so many dollars. After several scams, having my identity stolen 3 times, I am not willing to do this. Was AOL aware of this?

Comment (1)

Have been an AOL customer for 19 years, and its service gets from bad to worse. Every month I am paying $4.99 for tech support, however, those offshore agents are difficult to understand and/or solving problems. While using my PC, I very often have been getting a message "AOL not responding", and again today, I called AOL customer service number at 800-827-6364 again, being connected to another offshore location and being told that "I am having possibly corrupt files", while PC matics' scans prove otherwise. It seems like a hassle to change all of my emails to another service.

I also like to mention that I have been getting error message that another (person in my household) is still using my PC, which is not true. It's also strange that when calling AOL repeating the first 5 letters in my screen name, that one of them has an "1" behind it, which we never had and nobody has the same screen name. There seems to be more than enough shortcomings and mistakes.

Comment (1)

When I click on to AOL news features, videos of your news items I can not see them. Only the adds appear and play but not the news feature I requested. I don't understand. I am sure it is not my computer. Everything works fine except AOL news videos. I know you have requested that I upgrade to windows ten, but I am 62 and don't want to upgrade. I like it the way it is. Please help me on this.

Comment (0)

I have been unable to access my email on AOL ever since I tried to establish the 2 step authentication this past Sunday. I have already spoken with 4 individuals in an attempt to have someone disable the 2 step authentication feature but as of today, Wednesday evening, that still has not happened. You would think in this day and age that my request would be an easy one to fulfill and would be done in a timely manner but not so.

In addition, the reps I have spoken with have given me erroneous information. I was told by one rep that someone would call on both my cell and home number but when I placed another call to verify that I was indeed on the list to be assisted I was told AOL only had my cell number. I gave the next individual my home number yet when someone from corporate called, he only called my cell and when I spoke with him, he said no home number was indicated!!! A rep gave me a number to escalate my complaint and when I specifically asked if I would reach someone in that department (this was Sunday evening) he assured me I would. I immediately called only to hear a recording telling me hours were Monday through Friday.

A rep also told me my issue would be resolved within 24 hours while a second rep said it would take 3-5 days to resolve. I also asked representatives if I needed to speak with the individual from corporate and was told there was no need to do so. Yet, I spent a good 20 minutes today with the corporate guy, Sam, going over a list of security questions. This happened this morning at 11:30 and it is now 9 p.m. and I still cannot access my email.

Comment (0)

It's time for AOL to stop showing the picture of the madman who shot all those innocent people in Orlando. We all know what he looks like and what his name is.

Comment (0)

It is obvious AOL corporate are favoring Hilary Clinton by the way they operate. It is extremely difficult to look up anything that has to do with people that are republican. I refuse to look at Hillary appearing on my screen. Besides the fact that she is ugly and dresses like a man. She lies about everything and is a crooked as they come along with her husband.

Comment (7)

I am sick and tired of this bill of 4.99 for computer check-up. However it happened, I have spent over an one hour and half the first time going from person to person --live chat--- and another phone call. I have been with AOL for around 14 years and my monthly payment is taken from my bank account. This 4.99 bill has my 96 years deaf mom who recently passed away. And you had her credit card number and who know how. I have a family member who does computer work for a living, computer check-up. The last person I talked with was a lady named Megan and said I would not get more notices by email for this. I will be taking this further if the issue is not resolved. My mom has died never had a computer and some how you got her credit card number is wrong.

Comment (0)

Your welcome page is an embarrassment to AOL and your longtime members like me. Today, you have Ali's death as a main story, but retain two oTher stories "admitted to hospital" and "family called". Are you that short staffed editorially that stuff like that appears so frequently!

Comment (0)

I am a long standing customer with AOL. I always have been. My problem is not so unique but I thought I would share my experience. Yesterday on the cover page you had advertised Truth Finder. I was curious as I'm sure many were. I took the bait and signed up for $22.86 per month, thinking I would be able to check on myself and others. The site showed it came up with a lot of info on me. I then discovered that to gain access to the info that I had to upgrade for an additional charge.

The bottom line is that I cancelled the account within 15 minutes. I agreed to have the payments charged to my PayPal account. I asked for a confirmation email so that if I was charge next month I would have a back up of proof that showed my actions. While I understand that advertising dollars are very important to a companies operating expenses this program is a real scam, and I am surprised to say the least that you would set your customers up with such a SCAM! Very disappointing.

Comment (2)

l observe that you have not posted my complaint about the new badly designed game site on AOL. I would like to lodge a second complaint on that subject. It requires me to check off a box before the site opens, and then requires me to identify myself. The games that I regularly play no longer appear where I can find them. Considering that AOL has so many delays due to glitches in your software-- articles that do not match their titles being a favorite error, ads that precede any and every news video; half-articles that require one to switch to a new page to get anything that relates to the title, thus giving you a second chance to bombard us with more ads; ads that stutter and stammer and never finish, but flip to new ads. Are you trying to drive customers away, or what?

Comment (6)

I wanted to sigh up for computer cleaning by AOL I filled out the billing form, but could not get it to print. I called the number listed on the form to get help. I encountered, "Gabriel" the WORST customer service person I ever met. He would NOT help me, only smart mouth coming from him. I asked for his supervisor and he hung up. I called and he answered AGAIN. Said he was NOT IN US AND GLAD HE WAS NOT". Now I am afraid he will steal my credit card information. What kind of people are you hiring? I need help RIGHT NOW. I hope my credit card has not been compromised.

Comment (0)

Twice in less than 15 minutes I wrote 2 different letters that were wiped out by aol. Both times everything in the letters was gone. The letters were replies to emails I received. In both instances no explanation as to what problem had occurred or how to recover what had been written or when or if it was safe to once again try to write. Thus, I rate aol at zero stars and your service and lack of courtesy and help STINKS.

Comment (0)

This is not a complaint. It's more of a recommendation/suggestion. I like using the "stationery" for sending emails but it has never, in the years that I've been on AOL, been updated or improved. The seasons are a good example. There'e nothing for Fall or Spring....just Winter. Holidays would be another area to consider. I've noticed other areas of change, but not with "stationery." I strongly suggest that this be given attention!

Comment (0)

I resent the pop up asking to donate to Hillary Clinton. That rich woman does not need anyone's money. Please stop the pop ups. I need to know who to see to sue you for putting them on the screen when I use AOL. You have no right to put that picture on anything unless I request.

Comment (0)

I try to log onto AOL instead of the standard page I have had for years, I now get a notice to delete the page that it is not safe. I obtained a message from two organizations, a school and a health care clinic requesting a response and when I try to respond, I get the same page telling me to delete the page, not safe. What good is my membership if I can't use it. I would like this problem corrected.

Comment (0)

All of a sudden I have popups all over the place. I think they are overriding my pop up blockers. They show up in AOL when I am reading email and checking out AOL news. I started with AOL when you first came out and I am thinking about trying gmail if this crap doesn't stop.

Comment (0)

I am sick of seeing articles on your website depicting horrible incidents of animal cruelty. Two in just the last 2 days. It is extremely upsetting!! And hardly newsworthy in my mind. Is it really necessary to publish these kind of acts obviously done by sick people? Please stop it. At this time I don't want to open up aol.com anymore for fear of seeing anymore of these.

Comment (0)

Dear AOL, I have been a member for many years now, but currently I am tired of the constant side ads for Hilary Clinton. I am considering canceling, because it is so annoying. It seems that AOL is blatant in its support for this woman, who I believe is a criminal, and I find that offensive. I am asking that it stop, because I refuse to pay for your political advertisements. I pay you people $20 a month for your service, not to support your candidates.

Comment (0)

I have been with AOL for close to 20 years. Now, as I open an AOL news article the video that opens up has nothing to do with the news subject. That video should only be about the subject of the article. I get tired of searching the page for the video that matches the news piece I chose to read and or watch. I am seriously considering leaving AOL due to the way you have your news videos set up. It is a waste of my time to start watching a news video that has nothing to do with the subject and I don't appreciate it using up my allotted time on the internet. Change you methods.

Comment (7)

I use AOL for my email (no problem) however when I try to use the AOL browser it finds a list of what I am looking for. I can then open a website. When I close that website it should go back to the list so that I can pick another website IT DOES NOT. It just goes to a blank page and stays there forevermore. Also the news page works very slow and the post that you provide is a complete waste of time (agonizingly slow.) I don't have these problems with Firefox or Google Chrome or Internet Explorer. I reported they by phone to AOL three weeks ago and I was told that you were having problems. How long do I have to wait before things get back to normal?

Browse reviews of other Internet Services