Amerigas Customer Service

Contact Amerigas Corporate

Welcome to the Amerigas complaints department brought to you by HissingKitty. Experienced poor customer service? We make it easy to file a formal complaint against Amerigas online. Simply use our free form and your feedback will be instantly forwarded for review. Need to contact the Amerigas corporate office? We have the mailing address, phone number, and email address listed below.

Amerigas Contact Information

• Amerigas headquarters address

Browse reviews of other Utility Services

Top Amerigas Complaints

Have closed account with AmeriGas and they said it would be 3 to 4 weeks for them to pick up their tank and for me to receive my credit back. Notified them on 1/23/2019 and am still waiting for them to pick up tank. Reason for closing account: they charged me all the year of 2018 more than $4.35 per gallon for propane compared to other company's they were way overcharging.

REALLY NEED TO GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER, I WAS IN ARIZONIA LAST WINTER, MY KID CAME BY THE HOUSE AND LEFT BEDROOM WINDOW OPEN FOR SOME REASON, WHICH IT WAS BELOW 20 DEGREES FOR WEEKS MY NOTICE THE WINDOW OPEN AND CLOSE IT FOR BUT BY THIS TIME ALL GAS WAS BURNT, AMERIGAS IS TRYING CHARGE FOR A LEAK TEST, WHICH I EXPLAINED WHY I WAS OUT OF PROPANE. SO THIS YEAR I ORDERED PROPANE AND IT TOOK THEM 2 WEEKS TO DELEIVER IT AND I PRE-PAID FOR MY LOAD OF PROPANE. NOW I HAVE RECEIVED A BILL SHOWING MY PAST DUE AMOUNT FOR LEAK TEST THAT WAS NOT NEEDED, BILLING ME FOR PROPANE THAT I ALREADY PAID FOR AND ON TOP OF THAT RAISED PRICE OF PROPANE AFTER DELEIVERY AND TRYING TO MAKE ME PAY THAT. I WILL BE FINDING ANOTHER SUPPLIER I AM REALLY SICK OF BEING TREATED LIKE CRAP BY YOU GUYS

Hello, I was attempting to get home on Monday, December 31, 2018. Amerigas truck #1075 was in the road. It was snowing and we were unable to get up the hill and around the truck. We backed down the hill and waited for about 20 minutes, thinking they were delivering propane. I then walked up the hill to ask driver how much longer they were going to be. Driver was hostile and starting cussing at me that she was sliding and could not do anything about it. She had chains on at that time. I said she was blocking the road, she said another vehicle had gone by and she was not blocking the road. I said we do not have 4 wheel drive and she stated that it didn't f*^&%ng matter. She said to call her f*$#2ng boss. I was mocked by this person, it was awful! She continued to yell at me as I walked away from her. I attempted to call the local office and it took 2 days to get through. The driver had already told her side of the story and it was not completely truthful. First, she was NOT stuck, she was parked on the road and putting on chains. I was NOT upset with her when I walked up to her. I did get upset when she started using the F word to me. I told her perhaps she needed to call for some help. When I did finally get through to the local office, I was told the driver had already told them about the incident and it was not her fault. I believe that I was not listened to or that my concerns were not important. I was told a supervisor named Mike would call me. I would not want to have a person who behaves like this person did representing my company. She did not know if I was a customer or not. This was disrespectful and I feel that the local office was also disrespectful too. They were nice, but condescending. As if this was all my fault. The driver was upset and having a bad day. Still no excuse for her to treat me the way she did. She was hostile. Thank you, Annette Schoener

My complaint is not with the delivery service, it is with the accounting department. I have several conversations with the local and corporte offices and no resolve on my issue. This all began with my last delivery. I was on a budget plan with automatic deductions on a monthly basis. After my last delivery my balance after deducting all of my monthly payments was 482.91. I made arragements to pay on increments, not on auto payments, and discussed this with Rob and he agreed. I made a payment of $82.91 via phone with local Amerigas rep on 6/29/2018. I had no communication from Amerigas that, supposedly, my payment had been rejected by my bank until I saw am additional invoice on my online account for $115.91 which included the $82.91 and a 33+ for returned check. Contacted local office the 33+ was credited and so was the 82.91 that invoice. I called my bank and the e-check was never presented to them for refusal, besides, I have a credit line on my account should I ever over-draw my account, which I seldom use. I contact again the local office made a payment over the phone using another bank account, gave the rep all the necessay info that was on 7/9/2018 the transaction has not been recorded on my bank account and my balance is still showing 482.91. I refuse to make anymore transactions on this account until I get some clarification.

I called to have service delivered to my home. Representative answered the phone and talked very rudely to me she would not give me her name, she had a spanish accent. When I asked to speak to the manager she stated he would tell me the same information. When I demanded to speak to him she hung up the phone. I called back and kept being placed on hold with advertisements playing in the background. I was on hold for over 20 minutes very frustrated I hung up. My mother has been with this company for over 40 years and it’s sad to treat a loyal customer in this manner. I was forced to leave this company thanks to the unprofessional representative.

AVOID AMERIGAS AT ALL COSTS!! Amerigas in Belfair is awful! They are dishonest thieves who's only interest is in gouging you for more money then their competitors. They are by far, the most expensive propane service in every way. About $1 more per gallon and $50 more in tank fees then their competitors. After changing companies (and saving significant money), Amerigas has left their tank sitting in my from yard FOR 2 MONTHS!!! We have made and they have broken 6 different appointments to come pick it up. When I called in to complain to the local office I GOT HUNG UP ON!! Amerigas will over charge you and then become complete DICKS when you get wise to their price gouging. I am glad I am no longer giving them my money. After talking with the corporate office and the local manager they only provided excuses for their bad actions and gave no resolution.

Shouldn't even be in business!!!!! We have rural gas a part of Amerigas in Lakeview, MI I have money in the pre buy account, which I signed up for winter prices set in.. When I got gas they tried to cheat me by charging me the full price. Took a month to get that straightened out.. Now I get a bill saying I owe them $285.33- which they said is past due. MInd you I still have money in that account. I called the Lakeview office and the so called secretary said she couldn't do anything about it. Had no clue how to fix the problem.. I asked who I could get ahold of and again no clue.. You can't even get lp tanks filled there. What a joke of a company. They also have extra charges for instance we call when we need gas, saving them stopping all the time, so it won't take up their time. But no, they charge us extra because of this. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Attempted to buy tank to avoid charges in the $4,80 range. Finally able to get a price of $850.00 to buy tank. New provider did a site evaluation and found leak at the tank head and anode bag failed. Amerigas fixed the leak and have scheduled cathodic protection test in a couple of days. New provider will not buy tank from me without cathodic test records. There are none since only do it when customers request it (thought VA state required it every 3 years). Now told I can have the tank dug up at my expense and they will pick it up. Did not tell me I need their permission to dig it up. Still waiting for manager to return my call (for the second time). Am at wit's end other than camping on their door step to get their attention. Not only do they shaft you as a customer but also when you try not to be their customer.

Reason for charging so much: I don't use enough propane

There charging me a late fee for a tank that i asked them to pick up. The office that was assigned to my location will not return phone call (Adelata, Ca.) There something not right w/a company that want to recorded your phone conversation. If they don't this right they r going to here from my lawyer.

I ordered gas. I am on will call they charged me $2.73 per gal. Every one else charges 1.58 a gal. When I ask them why so high they said that's there prices. I told them everyone else is 1.58 the said they would get back to me but have not returned my phone calls or emails to the Amerigas corporate office. Terrible customer experience!

There something wrong w/a company that records your phone conversations. I called Amerigas customer service and was told everything I said was being recorded. This is a joke!

I am with Amerigas since it is nation's largest propane company. They are wide distributors of propane. We needed a refill at home and called them up. It was rally good to see the response very fast. Amerigas gave a confirmation call before coming to deliver and do the refill. They are very prompt and delivery was without any delay. I feel Amerigas is doing an excellent job in supplying propane to commercial or residential purpose and has taken up the job very well. Glad to be with Amerigas for quite some time now.

Have feedback for Amerigas?