American Airlines Complaints Continued... (Page 1)

204+ reviews added so far. Upset? Call American Airlines corporate: 817-863-1234

Months ago, I originally paid more for a “later” flight because it was important for various reasons to fly out after 9:00 a.m. I could have saved over a $100 on the ticket at the time if I booked an earlier flight, But again, I was willing to pay additional monies to have a later flight. Now, they canceled that flight and I am now on an earlier flight anyway. So not only am I paying "more" for 9:16 a.m. flight but now I’m on the flight I could have originally paid less for. Again, this earlier flight that I am on now was considerably less than what I paid for to get a later flight.

It just seems unfair to me to change my flights and still charge me for the later flight that was cancelled and put me on a cheaper flight without any type of reimbursement for services not rendered. Now, is it not only costing me more money to fly at an earlier time, I now must pay for transportation to the airport. I had previously arranged for travel; but the driver is not available that early in the morning. How can you charge me extra for a 9:16 flight and then put me on an earlier flight.

On November 21, 2015, my son and I were traveling to England with a layover at Chicago O'Hare. Our flight was scheduled for 7 p.m. on November 21, 2015. We were told REPEATEDLY that our flight was delayed due to mechanical reason - something to do with the gate bridge being broke. We were moved to two different gates and each time were told the same thing - it was a problem with the bridge. Finally at about 10:30 p.m. we were told our flight was cancelled due to MECHANICAL reasons and we were re-booked for the next night at 7 p.m. I filed on my travel insurance and was told I needed something from American Airlines indicating it was a delay due to mechanical reasons. I did that and American responded saying it was "weather" related.

This is so wrong - flights were coming in and out of the airport and we were told it had nothing to do with the weather that it was mechanical. Of course my insurance doesn't want to pay because of American's "reason". I am very upset. If the delay was weather related - that is what we should have been told. But the people at the check in desk insisted it had nothing to do with weather and it was mechanical and also we KNOW that flights were departing - we watched other flights leave!

I purchased first class tickets traveling from Wichita KS to Port of Spain Trinidad. on my return trip 10/28/15 flight #5827 arrived late in Forth worth TX late causing us to missing our connecting flight to Wichita KS. The Miami FL flight was late because the pilot had to turn the plane around because someone on the flight didn't want to fly with that pilot. I was put up in a hotel and given a food voucher.

The next day I was able to continue my trip however, instead of being placed in first class, which I did purchase tickets for I was placed in coach. the reason I purchased first class tickets is because of my health situation.my flight information for 10/29/15 is #5831 @8:50 from Dallas TX to Wichita KS. I want to be compensated for my inconvenience as well as my extra cost of my first class tickets.

My wife and I coming home from Cabo san lucas on American Airlines leaving on November 21, 2015. We arrived at the airport early at 2:30 PM. We printed up our boarding passes and checked or baggage. Our flight was 770 leaving at 5:45 PM. The lady from American said that our flight was delayed so she had to put us on a earlier flight to arrive on time for our connecting flight in Phoenix Flight 603 to Seattle.

We arrived in Phoenix and we got there One hour before boarding flight 603. We already received our boarding passes in Cabo so we just waited until they announced us to board according to our seat number 16A and 16B. They called for us to boarded and they told my wife and I that we were not on this flight even tho we had our boarding passes we printed out that day. They asked us to go to talk to customer service. We talked to a very rude lady named Carol B.

She told us that we are not on this flight and our flight is not until 8:30AM the next morning. I asked her how this happened since we already got our boarding passes for flight 603 today. She said I don't know but your not on this flight. She said what do you expect me to do? call Cabo and asked what they did since they put you on a earlier flight so you can be on time for your connecting flight here in Phoenix? I said yes please. She said I can't I don't speak Spanish.I said the lady in Cabo speakes English and Spanish and she said I'm not calling her. She than said maybe you don't understand Spanish when she was talking. I said my speaks Spanish and English and so do I. My wife was born in Colombia.

Carl B said what do you expect me to do check for another flight? I said yes please and she said haven't you guys already did since your not on this flight and I no. She said there is no more flight's for tonight so you will have to rent a hotel and spend the night She said there are no more flights and if I don't believe her? I can check her computer. She was rude and very condescending to me and my wife. I asked to speak with a manager. The manage came and I explained the whole story and Carol B told her manager that I was not telling the truth about the whole matter.

The manager removed Carol B at this time because she got caught lying to me and him. The manage found us a flight the next morning at 6:00AM to Seattle and paid for hotel and apologized to us about her actions and being kicked off our flight. I told him I was going to write a letter to American Airlines corporate office and he gave me all the information to do so. I asked what happened to our baggage? He said it was already on the plane and headed to Seattle.

The other two women was at the customer serviced desk also apologized for what happened and Carol B actions towards my wife and I. They said they would also help us out about being compensated for the way Carol B treated us and also being taken off the flight The manager and the other two women asked what I did for a living in Seattle. I told them I own a Auto group in Seattle. Two Nissan Dealerships, Subaru and Hyundai. It's a small world to find out that one of the women son's work's in my service department at one of my Nissan Stores. So we went downstairs to catch the shuttle to the Hotel at the Airport here in Phoenix. My wife and I saw another American Airlines office. My wife said that looks like our suit case?

I said no they told us it was already on the plane and headed to Seattle. My wife walks in the office and it was our suit case. The bottom line is I fly all over the world every year and this has been the most horrible experience I have ever had with a airlines in my life from a customer service stand point. Being in the Auto business for Twenty Three years? I know all about customer service. Your airlines really disrespected myself and my wife. We should be compensated for a lose of flight and the stress your airlines put us through.

Flight 5889 from XNA to Dallas on 11/18. We landed in Dallas and sat waiting for a gate for 1 hour. This was longer than the flight itself. Dallas is your hub. How can it take 1 hour to find an available gate. All I can say is another disappointment from American. Unfortunately I feel like a hostage since you are the only carrier that flies to my locations non stop. What a horrible experience once again. My advantage number is 94VFD38 so you can see I'm flying weekly on your horrible airline. A very unhappy customer!

My Flight to California was very good but on the way home my plane was late out of Ontario California because of mechanical problems. Because of the late plane i missed my connecting flight to fort wayne, Indiana. I was told i could either get a hotel in Dallas at DFW or wait until the next morning after noon to get a flight to fort Wayne. I choose to fly into Chicago and get a flight. Waited 3 more hours to board flight the initial lady whom i spoke to who was a supervisor at the gate whether my flight took off from shortly after i arrived was fairly nice. But the lady who followed was very unconcerned no one ever apologized for me missing my flight because of American Airlines company's maintenance problems. I was told i could get a hotel in Chicago i landed in Chicago after Midnight and no one was around to help me. I called the American Airlines 800 support number and they kept me on line forever with no results I finally had my husband drive 4 hours from home to pick me up. I lost a day of pay at work and had a very frustrated experience and no one cares.

On September 26th I booked flights via record Locator KEHDEB and purchased ticked on the 27th September. My itinerary indicated that I was in First class from Trinidad to Miami and business class for my next flights. I left my home without eating at 4 a.m. in the morning, On checking in I was told that I was not in first class and this resulted in me traveling all all the way to Jackson (JAN) without having time to purchase a meal and nothing was given to on flight. I am diabetic and suffered great discomfort because of the mistake made y American Airlines. I am now seeking some form of compensation for my suffering. American Airlines is the only airline I ave used for the past twenty or so years.

I was booked on a flight from BWI to Phoenix Arizona this past Wednesday with a connecting flight to follow to Palm Springs, CA. Unfortunately, the original flight had a 2 hour delay, which meant I was stuck in Arizona for the night (no connecting flights to AZ). I understand these situations will sometime occur and no one has control over them. What disappoints me the most is, I was put up in a hotel Ramada, that was filthy. Not only that, I stood in line for 45 minutes to get my voucher, and was told "you should be able to contact the hotel and send the shuttle bus over, IF they are still picking up since it is after 12 AM, not to mention I had waited 2 additional hours to get on the plane.

The attendant at the gate checking boarding passes was inconsiderate, especially to the elder people and not knowing how to proceed since the flight was delayed. I sat and watched the interaction she had with these people and was appalled at how she spoke to them (young girl, hanging on the podium acting as if she could have cared less). The stewardess's were rude, no hello how are you, no thanks for flying with us. I have to say, I have had no complaints with other airlines in the past - to be quite frank I would have never thought American Airlines would have been any different.

I spent a lot of money for this trip, and would like to be reimbursed in some way shape or form, whether it be a refund or a flight credit.

Loise from counter was on duty along with another lady. I dropped my mom (68, Spanish Speaking only, flying to SJO CR). I initially talked to the nice lady on the counter but Loise interrupted our conversation to tell my mom that her carry on was too big to take on the plane. Her demeanor was just out professional realm. My exact complaint is that my mom was allowed from SJO to fly with the same carry on and in COS this disrespectful employee did not acknowledge nor honored the fact the AA had made a mistake. My mom had no choice but to leave her luggage behind or pay $150 as the other lady was quick to charge.

These kind of employees do not represent your company in the right light. This employee has no compassion and not willing to help a senior person. I bet if this situation had happened to one of her family members she would have been a bit more human. AA please train your personal a bit better to respect consumers. I would like to have a prompt response from your department.

Nearly impossible to describe the ineptitude and rude treatment in 100 words. Flight from DCA to Phenix was delayed because over weight - and 11 passengers had to be removed from the flight. (Don't overbook flights!!!!) This made us 1 hour late, and I missed my connection to Honolulu. I was given a ticket hen I arrived, routine me through LAX and arriving in Honolulu at midnight. I was aware there was a 3:00 direct flight, and requested to be put on the flight rather than routed through LAX. That was accommodated and I was assured my bag would be transferred to the correct flight. No such luck. I was too the bag was actually in LAX and would be routed to Honolulu. I spoke with the attendant at the airport who assured that he bag would deb delivered when it arrived. I called later to confirm that the bag arrived in Honolulu and would be delivered. The rep informed me that a file for a missing bag had never been filed, despite my prior conversations. When I asked for a customer service number, she hung up on me. Throughout this horrific experience, none has bothered to apologize or to offer to improve the situations. Beyond disappointed in the horrific customer service.

We made a reservation on AA 91/AA 1151 from LHR to LAX via ORG on August 29,2014 for our return from a cruise in the UK on August 25, 2015. Going to LHR was a great trip. When trying to check in at LHR for our return trip we were told that we had no reservations for the 4 of us. The agent there said our tickets were canceled so we had to pay for the tickets again. We had even received an email 24 hours earlier to pre checkin but could not as we were traveling. We had our record locator KGXCON itinerary showing our flight information and our seat assignments. We had used 180,000 frequent flyer miles plus $851.60 for taxes etc plus $140.00 for telephone reservation. This $991.00 was charged to my Master Card ending in ...2861.

At LHR we had to buy new tickets to ORG and LAX using the same frequent flyer miles number but had to pay the fees again. After our return to LA we spoke to an AA agent on the telephone who said the $991.00 would be returned to my new Master Card ending in ...7332. As of now, November 5,2015, we have not received the refund. Maybe I need to wait longer. My M/C card ending in ...2861 had been stolen so the new M/C card ending in ...7332 had to be used. I called the CITI master card company and they said even if AA credited the old card it should be transferred over to my new card. This could be the problem. Please help and tell me when and to which card AA credited my account.

Here is my complaint. The AA confirmation #TGCZMZ so the executives at AA can read my record if you don't believe me. I spoke to agent Carla, I was able to purchase a ticket at the price of what I paid. I had a specific reason to be back in the A.M. due to attending a Stake race 11:30 a.m. Saturday which I missed due to a long delay. My son (by the way won that race I this what I base by paying double for a ticket to keep me from not spoiling my day. In return either refunding my $1,500 or send me a voucher for two tickets for travel anywhere in the u.s. My charge was $1,200 per ticket and I would like a response to my complaint asap. Thank you for your attention.

I flew from Greenville, sc to Charlotte then to Orlando, fl. When I arrived at the airport I spoke with 3 agents to insure that a wheel chair or cart would be there. I fly disabled. The cart was not there when I arrived and it came after 15 minutes. When we arrived at the gate they had just closed the doors. I missed my flight in Orlando. They re-routed me to Daytona Beach. My aunt was in Orlando and she was going to pick up my luggage.

However, after speaking again to 3 agents they informed me that my luggage would be re-routed to Daytona so my aunt could go ahead and drive to Daytona. When I arrived in Daytona, again, there was not a cart. When I arrived in the baggage claim area, my luggage was not there as it still was in Orlando. I received my luggage at 2am and retrieved it the next morning. I had a very bad experience and my first time flying AA. I typically fly Delta.

I received a e-mail back for Jada Sonnett AAREF#1-4658708532. I am very disappointed in her response. Making excuses for the airline personal is ridiculous. I and 3 other family members were treated so rudely by the airlines that I will probably never fly American Airlines again. I asked for compensation for 4 1st class seats and car rental, I got nothing but excuses and an apology.

Returning from Italy we arrived to late to get our connecting flight 117 to lax. We were bumped to flight 118 and were downgraded from our seats. Trying to keep the upgrade but to no avail. We ended up in row 22 seat b and c. When we sat down after 12 hours on our previous flight we sat in some disgusting throw up on both my wife and I seats. When we realized we were wet we informed the flight attendant. She apologized but never cleaned up the mess. since there were no seats available she moved my wife and I. I personally cleaned up, and used blankets under me to sit for 6 hours.Without my wife. Everyone around me was in shock at the mess. I believe you should compensate us for this awful experience. Please respond to our official complaint asap. If the American Airlines company would like to keep us as customers, please do something to make this right.

Watch out for airline money conversion fraud. In Mexico AA charged $400.00 for reservation change, which was also a possible fraud, and I insisted the amount in Pesos was much more than $400.00 USD. (three times) they kept telling the charge was in Pesos. When I got home I checked my credit card and sure enough it was $470.00. American Airlines people, clerks mainly, and the people at the information center (reservations) either don't know anything or they outright give you miss information to get more money.

On Oct. 3rd 2015 I was going to Maui for the 1st time I was suppossed to leave at 6:55 am, however our pilot never showed so we had to wait for a pilot from Virginia to get there. Then we got to Dallas/Fort worth 2 hrs. Late. So I missed my flight from Dallas to Maui with a lot of people which by no means was our fault. From there I had to fly to Phoenix then to LAX to Maui. Which was so awful! This trip had been planned for a yr. to get there as late as I got there I no longer had a ride to my villa. So it cost me over $100 to get to the resort. Really? That trip started off horrible ended terrible & on top of that my mother passed away.

Wow, what a memorable trip American airlines gave me as well as a lot if other people that were on the same flight. Furthermore, I was given a $12 voucher which was a huge insult & it was dated for Oct. 4th so no one would accept the voucher because I was traveling on Oct. 3rd not the 4th. What a disappointment all the way around (I gave the voucher still) shame on you American Airlines!

On July 27th 2015. my brother was murdered in Trinidad and Tobago. I booked an American Airlines flight on July 29th 2015. I arrived for my flight at around 5am. I waited for check in at the desk area of American Airline. As i sat in the waiting area to check in. I observed that the lines were getting pretty long with other traveling passengers so i walked over and stood there waiting to be checked in. The line was moving at a very slow pace. As i approached the desk to check in with the desk agent I was told that my flight was closed. I became very irritated and went into a panic because i was anticipating getting to Trinidad and Tobago for my brother funeral. I was then offered a flight leaving out at 7:50am as i boarded that flight it delayed for a couple hours. After reaching into Miami international airport that morning. I started to walk to every airline to get onto the next available flight so i can get to my brother funeral that day of July 29th 2015.

There was nothing leaving out until that afternoon around 4.45pm. My family tried to hold my brother's body until 4pm with the expectation that i would arrive that afternoon. Upon waiting in disappointment to get onto a flight going to Trinidad. It was now around 4pm as we boarded the afternoon flight. Well to my surprised that flight was delayed for 5 hours. After crying all day it finally created the most stressful moment in my life. We were routed off that plane to another plane so as i exit the plane and walked over to an American Airlines agent at gate 4 i believe. I asked if i can receive a voucher to get something to eat and the agent yelled out in the lobby that i wouldn't received none because i missed my flight. I became so embarrassed by her insensitive comment.

I stared to cry in a lobby filled with people. As i boarded that plane after 10pm that night, my world crumbled. I then realized that i missed my brother funeral that day and my life has never been the same. This was clearly one of the worst experience ever, I would never used your service again and would never encourage any of my friends or family to use American airline again. I would never be able to relived the memories of being there with my family and friends to lay my brother to rest at peace. Thanks American Airlines.

I am suppose to be landing in Aruba in 20 minutes. Instead I am sitting in a tiny seat for over an hour- for the second time trying to get to the same destination. Besides the fact that I will be 3 hours late and all reservations will be voided, I am disappointed that this is how your company functions. It is my intent to cancel my AA credit card as soon as I return home. This experience has caused me to rate your company very lowly. I will take any other airline from this point on, regardless if they are more expensive.

I spent over an hour sitting on the tar mat before the mechanic determined our first plane was not safe to carry us to Aruba. To your company's credit, the captain was upfront and displayed good leadership and customer service skills. However, after the ENTIRE plane rushed to the new gate, we were forced to sit for over an hour on the tarmac- again. The lack of organization, quick assessment and consideration of your passengers time has thoroughly upset me.

I will not be surprised if once again I am dissatisfied with your company's response to this complaint. Your customer service is rated 1.8/5 stars.

Our ship required us to get up and out by 8 am so we spent from 10 am to around 8 pm waiting in LaGuardia. Our plane had mechanical problems and our 1:30 pm flight was delayed.When we arrived in Dallas FW, Texas there was a game and NO hotel rooms! We managed to acquire a cot (most uncomfortable) with a thin, small blanket under which we froze, ceiling lights at top capacity (we were told they would be dimmed---they weren't) and TVs blaring. Under those horrible circumstances, we tried to sleep. We finally reached CA a day late. The airline personnel were not very helpful. There was a VIP lounge, but they refused to open it for us, even under these trying conditions. They made promises that they didn't keep and seemed totally lacking in empathy. They really need training in dealing with such situations. My friend and I feel we should receive a refund of that part of our ticket to make up for the horrendous experience we had with your airline.

My husband Robert Lee and I were on flight 1251 from DFW to Louisville KY on 10/7/15. We boarded the plane and sat on a very warm plane for 2 hours We were on for 30 min or so before anyone said anything as to why we weren't departing the gate. We were not offered the ability to deplane. I know that is more work for you but certainly would have been better for your clients. We were with about 17 or so other people and was suppose to catch a bus upon arriving for a drive to our final destination. Fortunately the bus driver waited but only for additional monies. Really put a damper on the beginning of a special vacation. In addition, we made reservation back in March and requested our seats based on the aircraft you said we would be on (2 seats on one side and whatever on the other) Turned out we were on a different type plane which resulted in my 6 ft 3 - 280 pound husband being crammed into a window seat. If we had known It was a 3 seater on each side he would have booked an aisle. Very bad experience.

I could not print out my boarding pass and go in line at American Airlines to get help. After finally getting to a real person, he abruptly told me to leave this line and go to the U.S. Airways line. I said I did not understand why because my itinerary said American Airlines. He pointed to the left and yelled ... Just go over there! I am NOT an idiot and did not like how he treated me. He was rude and would not explain the confusion. Here is my flight info so you can know who was working that shift. He was of oriental nationality. ORD 6:50 pm to PHX 8:43 pm. American Airlines flight 414. I am also writing a letter to corporate with this complaint.

3/1/15 flight 3297 Chicago to Toledo after hours of delay NO Pilot we were offered lodging and meal vouchers we needed to be in Toledo on the 2nd early. We asked and were assured that if I rented a vehicle they would reimburse. Submitted receipts totaling $ 418 that included tolls and a service plaza snack. Under separate cover the credited my credit card $ 54.00 ?! I want what they promised me simply reimbursed.

I have in hand my receipts from recent flights back home from Anchorage, AK to Dallas Ft Worth and then to Corpus Christi. My husband lost a new cap during flight in either the Anchorage, Dallas/Ft. Worth or Corpus Christi airport. I could not get the report claim to go through. It asked for destination and even though I completed it, it was all locked up. I needed to talk to a live person or have a help, technical button to push and there was nothing.

There no longer exists a live phone number or person to help. I could have used my home phone to call and paid for the charges but that was not an option. I do not have a SKYPE account as I do not use that. I could have used my cell phone but that was not an option. It looks as if the common courtesy that used to exists is not longer true for American Airlines. Surely their lines are no longer customer friendly. I am a professional person. I tried for over an hour to submit this request. The number for American Airlines is no longer functional at Corpus Christi, TX.

It would be very lovely to have a toll free number to call. Thank you!

I fortunately had an aisle seat because the man in the middle seat was so large he took up half of my seat as well the window seat. I could not put my armrest down or my tray table as his leg was so large the table would not lay flat. I had a back ache from having to sit half hanging over into the aisle. Is it not policy that a person the large must buy two seats? It was unfair and very uncomfortable for myself and the man by the window to have to sit like that for 3 hours. Your response will be appreciated and maybe encourage me to travel again on your airline. Thank you, Elaine Compton . flight #2314 RNO-DFW seat 23D

My daughter and I flew AA from Kitchener, Ontario, Canada to Chicago to San Francisco on July 15. All was good. Yesterday, July 21 we flew from San Francisco with AA to Chicago and were booked through to Kitchener, ON, Canada. All was well and good until we were boarding our last flight in Chicago. Our luggage was already on the plane and the person checking us onto the plane sent me to talk to another person. That PERSON said that I could not fly into Canada and pulled our luggage off the plane.

He offered to book a flight into Buffalo, another 3 hour wait and then someone could come from Ontario to drive us across the border. The reason for this is that when I booked our flights online I gave my whole first, second and surnames and their site chose to call me by my first name and surname only and print it on the boarding pass. Unfortunately my passport has an initial for my first name and then the second and surnames. The second person to whom I spoke would not even look at my photo driver's license or health card with the 3 names on them.

He was very infuriating and so if the airline is going to be that stringent about name on passport matching exactly with name on boarding pass they should print the whole name on the boarding pass that you submitted in the first place. It was a very frustrating experience and obviously other airline personnel chose to accept my credentials on both legs of the journey until then. Oh a postscript, the AA site would not accept an initial for the first name.

Cancelled our flight to our resort in the Bahamas and could not get us there until the following day. When we arrived we did not get luggage for two and a half days (our vacation was only 4 days). Our flight getting back home was also cancelled and we spent the night in the airport. US Airways customer service could not even get us to the where we flew out of in Georgia. We had to fly in to SC and rent a car and drive to the airport in Savannah, GA. Horrible airline! We cut up our US Airways card with a big smile on our face.

I was scheduled to fly to Dallas from Kansas City MO on May 10th. When I arrive at the airport I noticed on the monitor my flight was cancelled due to flooding in Dallas. I live 2 hours away from the airport. After standing in line for over 3 hours this is what I was told, "we can get you out Tuesday", I needed to be there the next morning at 8 a.m. I told the clerk just that at which time she said "you can rent a car and drive". After standing in line for over 3 hours? Wasted a lot of time there. She then said maybe I could get out on Southwest Airlines. Which I did. I flew standby and they got me on.

It was to the wrong airport by I did get there 6 hours later. Forward to my flight home on Friday. I arrived at the airport 2 hours prior to my flight. I tried to check in and was ask if I could sit in the exit seat. I had fallen the night before and didn't think I should be responsible for helping anyone in an emergency so I declined. Apparently my response put me on the oversold list. Although ,all they would say was she's OS. I didn't know at the time what OS meant. I asked repeatedly and the attendant would not respond to me. The pilots and flight crew were both 20 to 30 minutes late with no apology for that either.

They boarded everyone but me. Even customers who were running to board the plane because they were late. I was the last person on that plane. One gentleman had opted to take a voucher not to fly on that flight or I probably wouldn't have gotten on. I had my ticket well in advance of my fly dates. I was physically upset and told the attendant I would sure think twice about flying American again. His response was "that's your choice". Customer service should be a priority when there are choices. Clearly American does not value their customers enough to try to keep them. I was never given an explanation or apology for this mess.

Please try to train your representatives as they are costing you customers everyday.

I booked AA flight #3682 going from LaGuardia, NewYork to Atlanta on May 15, returning May 18, which cost me USD 1018.80 for me, my wife and 2 kids. The departure time was schedule for 6.45am. When we arrived at 5:20am, we were informed that the flight was not leaving till 8.00am, which affected our plans and the functions we were going for. This upset our traveling plans tremendously as we had an event that we needed to be at and would miss by the late travel time.

Secondly, our return flight was scheduled for 12.46pm nonstop from Atlanta to NewYork. When we arrived at the airport 10:30am, we were informed that the flight have been cancelled and they will put us on a flight scheduled to go to Miami at 5:15 pm then we will transfer to New York flight immediately. After waiting for so long and finally arrived at Miami, we found out that there was no NewYork flights and we were re-book for the following morning flight. My family was forced to sleep at the airport!

Now my whole family is badly injured because of these undeserved ugly situation. My wife was fired from her job because of a no show on the 19 of May which she was supposed to go back to work as scheduled, my children missed a whole day of school which affected their class work and their school authority said is going to be in their record, and my job is highly threatened too cause it involves life. Please, we seriously need a compensation for these injuries American airline have caused us.

My 2 kids and I planned a flight, which was scheduled to depart May 13th at 11:59 pm fl 1283. We arrived to SeaTac airport at 10:50pm & after approaching the self service check-in machine, we stood in line for quite a while. A customer service rep (csr) approached me and asked where we were flying to. I told her Chicago & she led us directly to the front of the line.

When it was our turn to check in, the csr/Mary Ann/Marianne very rudely said she was not checking us in because we were required to be there 45 minutes prior to the flight. The clock read 11:20pm. I requested a supervisor after Marianne continued to be very rude. (We travel often) when the csr called for a supervisor, a return call came in. Marianne said she was going home when she got off work at 11:30 PM.

As we stood waiting- it was clear we could've made it to the gate in time. Marianne's entire demeanor, attitude & tone of voice changed when the supervisor arrived. Although Marianne initially told us we couldn't leave till the next night at 8 PM, the supervisor spent a lot of time looking into it & found a flight a few hours later.

We could have made the flight. We could've got a ride to the gate to ensure we made the flight. Your employee was very rude! She did not wish to assist us because she would rather get off work on time. This is the second negative experience I had with your airline in the last few months.

While waiting for the rain to pass, I was waiting in the lounge for your 7:10a flt DFW-GSP..supposedly the ramp was closed for a few minutes. But the storm passed and before departure time, we all noticed that you were missing a flight attendant. Calls were made but as cheaply as you must pay these people, you didn't have a ready reserve ( shame on you ) of poorly paid reservists to fill in.

Finally they posted a Cancelled sign and immediately made it a OMA flight? So they make the announcement that ( Due to local weather the Flight has been cancelled ) now that's a bunch of crap. Then they stated it as an ( Act of God ) so they weren't responsible for monies needed for a hotel room, as the remaining flights were full and not until the 18th could they get u on a flight.

How terrible first to LIE then to rub it in their collective noses!!! A pilot friend told me they cancelled due to missing crew member as I awaited my turn to be called. They wouldn't authorize a baggage retrieval so as I live in Southlake, Texas, my bag is now going to GSP?

Horrible, Horrible customer service!!!!!!! And outside of a WACO trip, we were the only flight getting cancelled for weather locally?? Now you tell me your not lieing through your teeth? I'm so disgusted with that branch of AA, someone should fold them and do everyone a favor.

On Sunday, May 10th, I was scheduled to fly from Palm Springs to Dallas Fort Worth. First the flight was delayed in Palm Springs after getting up at 4:00 AM to catch the 6:05 flight. When finally departed, we were told we could not land in Dallas and circled for 2 hours before having to refuel in Lubbock, Texas.

Then arrived late in Dallas only to find out my connecting flight to Nashville had been cancelled. No one on the flight let anyone know of cancelled flights. Once at Dallas Fort Worth about 500 people were forced to stand in line to get rebooked. I stood in line 7 hours in order to get rebooked for the next day, Monday May 11.

No services were offered to those of us that waited in line, no water, food, etc. Once rebooked - we were given a card to call American Airlines. People were forced to eat from vending machines that finally ran out. Near riot conditions existed when told that the ticket counters would be closing at 10:45 PM and police were summoned.

I finally got my ticket at 11:15 PM - so from 3:30 until then I stood in line. We were told that it was weather conditions, but other carriers were taking off and landing because we heard it. Having not eaten since Saturday at 2:00 PM - 24 hours later - I was able to go to Hyatt and eat.

I finally got a Hotel Room at 2:00 AM at the Marriott which cost me $163.00 for 8 hours. I know that supposedly this was an act of GOD, but lack of consideration on the part of American and no information made for a most unpleasant experience. I am asking that I be reimbursed for my original flight from Dallas to Nashville as well as my hotel room.

I will never use your airlines since you discriminate against special needs people such as the beautiful family you removed this May!! Autism affects one in fifty people !! It looks like you should just close down !!! Poor poor pilot he fears children that have neurological problems !!! He should be fired and the public would like to hear an apology given to the family and to all there supports. Shameful!!

I was charged $25.00 for having to check my carry-on bag. Many others got their bags checked free at the gate. One man got on the plane with two duffle bags and backpack and wasn't asked to check his bag. This type of service shows un-equal treatment of passengers. I want a refund of the $25.00 fee.

I bought a ticket through American Airlines to go from Little Rock Ark. to Fresno Ca. with a delay in Dallas Texas. I missed my flight to Fresno due to delay in Dallas. In La, I tried to get on another flight but they would not let me on since I had no reservations. Right after American Airlines made it for me to be on a flight then they said no more flights to Fresno Ca. until the next day at 5pm. I was so upset. I bought a ticket on United for the trip back home. I think American Airlines should pay me back the money I had to spend to come back home!!

I called at 2:30 eastern time and spoke with Troy URH is the name he gave me. He was very very rude over the phone saying things like "wow I cant believe this," "ugghh," "its crazy that you can't see, it's clear as day to me." He rudely hung up on me as well. He was not helpful at all and his aggressive tone, rude remarks and hanging up on me was not helping. This guy needs a serious attitude adjustment and should not be representing any companies. I will continue to file further complaints on all sites due to my disgust with his attitude. Listen to the recording I was nothing but polite in return.

On Wednesday April 1, I contacted my travel Group TZELL Travel Group Northwest to book my sister, Christine Cavil, a flight from Des Moines, IA to San Diego CA on April 10th. When Christine arrived at the airport, she was told her flight had been cancelled and the next available flight was 7am April 11th through American airlines. She did make it to San Diego CA on Saturday. Her return flight was scheduled for Monday April13th with American Airlines from San Diego, CA to Dallas TX with a layover . When she arrived in Dallas her flight was cancelled due to weather. The ticket agent told her the next available flight into Des Moines IA would be Tuesday April 14th at 12.30pm.

Because of the cancellation my sister had to spend the night in Dallas. There was no hotel voucher offered to my sister for her inconvenience. Because of the two cancellation my sister's trip was cut short. This trip cost me $550.00. The confirmation number:BC2KDQ

Booked two flights from Norfolk ,Virginia to Trinidad and Tobago leaving April 21-29. Raul (Husband) was sent an email stating the original return flight was changed and to call. Called spoke with representative he stated the change was due to the flight being canceled and this was the best flight without having a long lay over. The problems begin on the return flight home to Norfolk Virginia reached MIami missed connecting flight due to IMM/CUST/CBP. Was booked on another flight leaving from Miami at 4:04 to New York LGA reaching at 7:00 next flight leaving at 9:00 to Norfolk Virginia. Once we reached LGA we circled the area for approximately 30 min. The pilot then stated we were going to land at JFK didn't give us an explanation.

We'll landed in JFK was told once we exited the plane there will be and agent out there to help us with our travel planes. Was told by the agent we had had to rebook with USAir went to the counter only to find that they were closed. Went back to American Airlines stood in line again to be told we needed to retrieve our luggage and that it was to late to catch a taxi to LGA because we would not make the flight. Then we were told there were no more flight out to Norfolk Virginia until the next morning and we would have to pay for our on transportation to the hotel and our hotel stay. I ask why female agent stated we had to land in JFK do to weather. Now I'm upset already missed two connecting flight now I'm being lied to she didn't know we had flew around LGA for 30 minute temperature was 76 degrees and clear. We booked a flight for the next morning out of LGA left the counter upset and very dissatisfied could not believe the poor customer service we received.

Proceeded to the counter to get taxi and hotel reservation to be ask why the airline did not cover our hotel stay. I stated I was told due to weather conditions, to only be told that's what your airline tell passenger so they don't have to compensate them for the inconvenience your airline caused. Cheapest hotel near LGA was Fairfield Inn Wehad to pay $174.47 for hotel stay and $32.80 for taxi I am requesting to be reimbursed for the these monies plus compensation for our inconvenience.

On April 24,2015 I flew from a stop over in Salt Lake City flight1344 (First Class) to Dallas Ft. Worth arriving late . I am disabled so had a wheel chair & my attendant sprinted to get to the Americn flight 1572 to find very sadly that my 1st class ticket had been given/sold whatever to someone else. explanation. "We thought you were not going to make it". I'm here now , the doors were not shut, I explained I had 3 surgeries in the last 6 months & need the 1st class better seating. I have a 1st class ticket in my hand. As it was , I got no where & felt powerless less then throwing a fit. I did ask to talk with a supervisor who simply said"there are no more 1st class seats" and walked away. Due to a storm we all had to get off the plane anyway & re board later. Still no consideration for my situation. Why could they not ask this up graded person that I DID make the flight & would he/she please take his assigned seat in coach 9th row. That was a very long uncomfortable flight for post op back surgery . I will send a Docters note if needed. This is my 2nd written complaint.

08 04/20, My, flight was postponed from 7:10 am to 9:30am, then to 10:30, then to 11:30 am,then to 1:30 pm. Finally around 2: pm they told us the airplane could not be fix, this cause me a day of work and also another day that I could have spent with my family had they would have cancelled the flight from the beginning , I would have gone back home right after, since I knew my work day was already ruined.

I am not satisfied with the ticket that was issued to me on April 13, 2015. The flight was books at 12:00pm and did not arrive until 3:00 am the next day!! This was very stressful, especially to my family members due to this being my first time as a passenger. Not only was the delay annoying, but on my way to Brownsville, Texas, the flight stopped in Arlington. The passengers were told that if they wanted to take a cab, they were allowed but had to pay out of their own pockets. American Airlines did not give us good service and for that, I am never using them again!

On April 24, 2015, the flight #1344z from Salt Lake City to Dallas Ft. Worth was running late; my wheelchair attendant ran with me to catch my next flight to Hartford, Ct.#1572. I was the last person to enter the plane only to find out my 1st class ticket was sold. I had back surgery in Dec. 2014 & hip replacement in Feb. 2015 so I needed more comfort in seating. Ticket person just simple said "we did not think you were going to make it" The airlines, in my opinion could have found out I was in route with wheelchair assist. They should not have sold my seat without verifying. What makes it worse is that they refused to refund me my money for my paid first class seat! Very uncomfortable ride for me to my final destination!!

I went on a business trip to Louisville to speak at a conference. The flight was delayed 1 1/2 hours. Due to the delay, I missed the next flight from Charlotte to Louisville. The customer service rep told me that they would book me on the next flight, but it would be an hour and 36 min wait. I booked the flight, but ended up sitting in the airport for 4 more hours!! I missed the entire function. This made me look bad as well as made you look bad American Airlines! American can no longer be trusted as the best way to travel when dealing with a tight timeframe (which is my business as a pubic speaker). I will never use American again!

I booked an air ticket a couple of weeks ago, I realized yesterday I booked it backwards, I called to see how I could correct the mistake. The supervisor I spoke to said "that she would waive the consolation fee and I can pay the difference of the flight." I was really upset because the airline ticket was $264 more for each person.

So I told her I will have to talk to the other people and call her back. I called the next day still very upset and cancelled very emotional. The other person called me and said she wanted to pay the extra money, I called back and talk to the supervisor Ms. Taylor out of the Dallas office to see if I can reinstate the ticket and let us pay the difference for the trip.

She was very nasty and said no she will not because I should have caught that mistake earlier. She said she didn't care about how anyone feelings. I was a loyal customer and American Airlines Advantage preferred customer, I guess not anymore. Way to go with the nasty customer service, I guess helping people is not what they take pride in.

My wife and I travel each year for vacation. We always use American Airlines. The reason being is your on time arrival percentage and the overall cleanliness of your air craft. The pilot and crew always seem to know what they are doing follow all safety procedures and we feel comfortable flying with your company.

Unfortunately, that all changed for me yesterday, April 23, 2015, to the point where I am thinking of canceling our vacation plans with you in October of this year. I was on flight 2939 leaving Chicago and flying to Champaign April 23. I was seated in seat 3C which, of course, you know is located right up front near the cock pit.

At first all seemed normal as both pilots entered into the cockpit and closed the door. I could hear the different alarm and chimes as I assumed they were doing their pre flight check list. After a short time one of the pilots came out of the cockpit, closed the door, took his jacket from the closet near the flight attendants area, left the plane and walked up the jet way. I found this puzzling as I have watched pilots secure the fight attendant as a second person while they use the restroom during flight.

After the recent incident where the pilot was left alone in the cockpit and crashed the plane into the mountain I understood from the FAA director on the news that in the US this practice was not the standard. That the attendant is to be the second person in the need of the pilot having to exit the cockpit. This rule keeps anyone from being alone in the cockpit.

The pilot finally arrived back around 13 minutes later as I was timing it on my phone. I would think that whether the plane is in flight or not your company would want to follow this rule and not leave pilots or anyone for that fact alone in the cockpit.

As if that was not enough of a scare for me, a gentlemen came into the plane in civilian attire and began to talk and laugh with the attendant who I learned was named Pam. The attendant knocked on the cockpit door, and the pilots opened it. He began to laugh and talk with the pilots. The airport personnel removed the walk way and the attendant locked the door to the aircraft.

We then began to get pushed back from the gate and then I watched this person climb inside the cock pit and close and lock the door. The two people sitting by me saw this and asked me "did you just see that?" Of course I replied yes. This made everyone around who saw this very nervous especially with this happening right after the pilot had left the cockpit leaving the other pilot alone, exited the aircraft and went who knows where for 13 minutes.

And then finally came, the safety briefing the attendant chose not to wait for the prompts on the recorded safety announcement. She crammed them altogether and did not even announce to shut off your phones or any of that. Then she sat in her jump seat and texted on her phone the entire time we taxied and even through take off until we were I the air.

I understand your team knows what they are doing, and they are well trained. However, there is a point even a dangerous point where you become too relaxed in the fact that you know what you're doing. Not following simple safety guidelines, ignoring what is going on, and allowing people that are not uniformed ride in the cockpit I would think all of these infractions are totally unacceptable to you and your safety standard department.

I, and several people around me, never felt relaxed or safe the entire flight. I could not wait until we were safe on the ground again. If the flight crews are this careless with the safety rules, what are your mechanics and other personnel letting slip by or not following because they think they know better. It is my safety you are gambling with, and I don't feel like you have a right to do so.

I missed my connecting flight to Mexico from DFW. I have never been to DFW. There was a man that I was helping on the airplane that was blind and did not speak any English. Even if I didn't help him, I don't think I would have made my flight. I ran across the airport to the terminal and was not allowed on the plane (they said my luggage was not on the plane). They rerouted me to the next morning.

The agent was rude. She did not have time for me. She told me that she had another flight that was coming in, and she didn't have time to deal with me. Then I had to pay for a room. I got a shuttle to the wrong hotel. (Same name -different address) Then the front desk wanted me to take a shuttle back to the airport at 8:00pm. That was not going to work for me, so I took a taxi that the front desk called. The taxi was a dump!!! A $26.00 DUMP. I made it to my hotel at 9:00p. I had to get up at 4:00am to make a 5:00am shuttle. And, my luggage was in Cancun in the American airlines office. @7:30AM. My rental car agreement was cancelled and I paid top dollar for my rental car on an Easter Weekend. I speak Spanish --- however, I'm still a foreigner. I'm a travelling woman by myself. I felt like I got thrown into cyberspace.

I got to Atlanta Hartsfield Airport at 4:00AM on 4/20/2015 making sure I had enough time to checked my luggage in my flight left at 5:20AM when I arrived at my destination my bags was not there. That's was very inconvenient for me I had a Major Presentation, the clients was waiting for me to show them our product. I couldn't present it to them because what I needed was in my luggage which had not been put on my flight I didn't receive my luggage until 12:30 or1:00 pm today. When they dropped them off at the Hotel I tried calling to check to see was my luggage and no one answered. Flight AA4256 Gate T10.

My interaction with American Airlines agent "Scott" was notrosious. I had specifically asked if their was any flights that would get me home sooner. I was on a flight leaving from Kansas City, MO heading to Dallas, Tx flight #1535. She yelled at me saying that I was not a preferred customer and I didn't have "platinum priveleges." I asked her if I could pay the $75 standby fee and she replied that I couldn't pay it, that I wasn't platinum and wasn't approved for it. I asked if I could speak with a supervisor. She said "you gonna havta wait, he busy. " and she shoved me aside. 45 minutes later (I talked to "Scott" at 12:18 and didn't get a response until 1:05pm) she said "oh he busy still and there's nothing you can do. I asked for her name and she said "Scott" and I asked is that a first name or last name and she responded "that's all you gonna get." After I told her I would just stick to my flights, I turned to check in at the kiosk. I heard "Scott" tell couple girls laughing "after all that she gonna leave, what kinda girl is she? and laughed and pointed at me. I was humiliated. I felt like an animal at the zoo. "Scott" is a older lady, with curled up black hair. I will NEVER recommend this airline to anyone. If I don't hear from you all in 45 days I will complain to the US Transportation Bureau and the Better Business Bureau.

On 3/2615 I did a phone reservation with a voucher from LAX to NY. I was informed that since the voucher was for 382 and the cost of the fly was 463. I was going to be charge $81.00 ONLY. So I sent the voucher to FL along with the name and flights for this trip.

On April 9th I received a call from American airlines stating that my card was not working . So I provided a second one. They assured me that the charge would only be for $81.00 so I used a card that I did not had enough credit. To My surprise, the airline charged me $463.00 without my authorization. This is not right and will not be ok. Now I am over drawn and my bank withdrew a $50.00 charge for it . Plus I might have to pay so much for interest to pay it.

On the weekend April 18 and 19 , 2015 I called again to customer service reservations. which then they told me a different story. They said because there is another airline involved on it. They had to charge the full amount and wait till they have the voucher to provide me with a refund of the $382.00. I was so upset so the mis communication from the customer service team.

On Monday April 13, I spoke to two other two people at customer service which they told me other story. So I requested to speak to a supervisor. Which she noted that the refund showed being do on Monday april 13 2015. She told me that I was not able to see it on the aa.com website . but she can see it on her end. She did explain that they had the voucher and they should of explain to me how the voucher should of work. so she told me that the credit card refund should of been done no later than Wed April 15th 2015. She also advised me to call her back if this did not happen to try to help me other ways. So I waited.

On Wenesday April 15, I called again to check on my refund. First al all, I asked the rep to read the notes which I can not see. She read them and said that I needed to call the next day because the refund department was already closed since they are two hours ahead of our pacific time.

On Thursday April 16th, I called again to check on my refund. I asked the rep again to read notes. which she got all confused and could not help me. She just said that If I needed a refund I would get another voucher. WHY would I get another voucher, since the reason I paid so much and with stops to get to New York was to be able to use the voucher and since I did not had extra money to spend. I told her if I wanted to pay with Jet Blue or Expedia. NON stop from LAX or Long Beach to NY were only $269.00 round trip. Why would I wanted to spend the double with stops. So I asked her to put me through a supervisor again. Which I did . Laura Diaz, which by the way, has no customer service skills. She got upset at me and told me off. She also told me she could not help me and come to you for help.

This is awful business ethics! I am overdrawn with no way of paying and all b/c American Airlines does not know how to take care of their customers! The miscommunication from all of your team and lack of knowledge of how the vouchers work has brought me to make this complaint.

I had one of the worst experiences of my life while flying with American Airlines. I had to wait for three hours on the Tarmac while they changed a flat tire (as if they couldn't change it while we were waiting in the nice, air conditioned terminal with comfy seats, restaurants, and bathrooms). Also, while sitting there for three hours none of the flight attendants offered us something to eat or drink or anything. We had to wait, on a hot airplane, for hours without even water! It was cramped and other people were getting irritated as well. I could not believe how awful we were treated on that flight. I will NEVER fly with American again. My business will go to Virgin America cause I hear how awesome that airline is and how well they treat their customers!

A 2 hour delay turns into a 2 day delay with young children! The original tickets were purchased on 12-02-2014. Flights were cancelled due to merge, lost seat assignments when traveling with children - no help to reassign. Short flight no problem, but 8 hours of small children sleeping on strangers is not acceptable. No movie on flight made long flight that much longer - unacceptable. Flight home from HNL to PHX was cancelled hours prior to flight, then reinstated but with a 2 hour delay. We knew we would miss our connecting flight, but were told no problem. They would help you in PHX. PHX sent us from 1 terminal to another with NO help for hours. I was on the phone for hours as well to try to fix. Put on standby, only to find out there were 55 others also waiting so we went to a hotel after waiting at the airport all day. Our luggage was sent to ORD without us.

Thought again all was fixed, went to confirm that night & see that my 8 year old son was put on a flight 24 hours prior to his parents?? Called & sat on hold longer than it took to take a shuttle to airport. Was there again for hours & told they could not help until 4 hours prior. We tracked down a supervisor who said he could help us & finally we had tickets in hand. New flight ended up being delayed as well. TSA dumped out luggage breaking 2 wooden cutting boards, a mug and getting oil stains on a sweatshirt. All was wrapped up well & I could tell it was dumped out. Cutting board pieces were not even in bag to try to fix them.

We were told there were no seats because people had already reserved these tickets in advance, but I said so did I. Put up in hotel with nothing, no clean clothes, no toothbrush or toothpaste. Had been in same clothes for close to 72 hours. Bought only the necessities to get through it. Kids missed 2 additional days of school & 4 adults each 2 days of work. Personnel was unaccommodating & rude. They would not look at us when they talked to us & showed us they did not care. Overall very disappointed and deserving of compensation. Our trip to paradise turned into a return trip from hell!!!

We were scheduled to leave Vietnam to connect in Hong Kong on 4/11/15 on flight CX0772 at 0625 wife's confirmation # 8BMP73 and mine was 8BFOX6. We were told by Cathay Pacific Air that our connecting flight from Hong Kong to Dallas was cancelled and we would have to rescheduled.

We and many other passengers were told we would have to contact our booking agent and American Airline to be rescheduled. This was when the nightmare started, while trying to contact an agent, Cathay Pacific said they could schedule me to Hong Kong that day but my wife would have to wait and go to Tokyo the next day. I ask I thought the flight was cancelled from Hong Kong they said yes but I have layover in Hong Kong, too confusing. I had to be on my personal cell phone for 1 hour and 45 minutes to an American Airlines agent. This time frame is insane, which we will have to pay for and is not cheap through our phone courier. There was other flights going out that that day 3 to 4 hours later, but was told that was not enough time to set us up. With todays technology and that's not enough time, I find hard to believe. At the end of 5 hours of hearing excuses and frustration, we were rescheduled to leave the next day.

This was very poor service and basically we were left stranded, America Airline was paid upfront and should have been doing the leg work to reschedule, a customer should not have to hunt down an agent spend hours on the phone (which will be a $230.00 bill) have to change our personal schedule for an unnecessary layover

It started in ST THOMAS on march 30,2015 at 8am to Miami I had board then then the pilot announce that is a mechanical problem.so everyone got off .when it was my turn at the counter I explain had a very important meeting the next at 8am .so they put me on cape air to Puerto Rico they did speak with some on the phone in front of me and confirm everything and give me tickets .I arrived in Puerto Rico stood in line then the person told me to go to USAir so I did waited in line they ask why am I here, that American and this is were it begins I had to go back to American then it was a big fight on the phone then American sent me back and a guy from USAir walk back with me to 2 different counter we never got waited on so he sent me outside to the American counter by this time all the flight left and I missed my meeting Indianapolis.

I put in the hotel at the airport in san Juan and the lady rebook me for the next day. So the next day I was in line to board the plane the lady told me to come out an go to the counter so I did. oh you ticket was cancelled I told her know it was issue to me the night before so she check and then said ok. The return to ST THOMAS my god was just as bad I work at the airport in San Juan 21years and 8 years in ST THOMAS my company has stores in most of the airport in the US and Canada the next day we had a walk through to see the stores in Indianapolis airport so I when to see if I could check in the lady say you have to do in the machine in front I try to explain what happen then she told me you need to come back tomorrow 4 hrs before your flight .My flight was noon I decide to come around 8am thank god I did.

I was told that my flight was cancelled to go over to American so I did American sent me back to USAir I ask to speak with a supervisor the gentle man came over I explain what had happen he was the only person that was professional doing this back and forth nightmare he printed out 2 tickets Indy to Charlotte and Charlotte to Miami then he sent me to American to get the ticket from Miami to ST THOMAS in all the years I have been flying American I have never wanted to use American or USAir again it is so obvious that their is a big war between the employee's and the passengers paying the price .This is just unacceptable. This really need someone's attention .

My flight was canceled due to mechanical problems. I was booked on a flight two days later but when asked if I coul rent a car and drive the five hours, I was told I would be reimbursed for rental car by an agent. Now they refuse to reimburse me for the vehicle. We had 9 passengers in the vehicle. Saved American airlines hundreds if not thousands of dollars. Shame on them. Their agents word is worthless.

Today my flight from Houston to St Louis via a flight exchange in Dallas was delayed. Instead of the connecting flight awaiting they left so I am now stuck at DFW. I am a minor so this was a complete disregard for my well being!

My baggage handle was ripped and need to be replaced when I checked my baggage it was in perfect working order no problems when I get back to Denver it was damage the baggage service person wasn't very helpful ,he was too busy chewing his GUM. I was told here is a number you can call and here is your file locator number, but I don't think that they will do anything for you. What bad relations in other words AA really don't care what happens to their customer's baggage, when we have to pay $25.00 per bag we should have the right to get our bags the same way we give them to be checked. I'm very disappointed in AA.

We booked our flight to Aruba 3.5 months in advance and confirmed having seats together. We are frequent flyers and they have all our contact info and were clear that if there was a flight change they would text me. They didn't. My flight was changed to the middle of the night but they didn't notify me, they also booted us out of our seats so we didn't have assigned seats anymore. We didn't find out until the day of the flight when we tried to check in on line and werent allowed. It took a couple of hours to find and get to the right people and have our flight work so that my 10 year old wasn't leaving at 2:30 am with a connection in the am. We did get it changed but it cost us a hotel night at our own expense in Miami. But then the seats were not assigned, so I had to call again because we still could not check in online. So they finally fixed that but now we have to leave for the airport, no more time, so we rushed to check in online.

We did get seats but not together, also had to rush to a flight 5.5 hours earlier with and were told to get seats at the airport. Long line, long wait, about 30 min, rude attendant. Finally did give us seats together but charged me for bags. I didn't realize my AA credit card didn't cover bags for this international flight. When i found out I wanted to exchange for my American Express Card which covers my bag fees for AA. He said it was enough he gave us seats together (to replace what they messed up) and didn't have time to do more I would have to contact customer service. When I contacted customer service to return the bag fee and charge to my AA card (only available through correspondence and now on 4th letter), they said they can't do it. So their bad service is costing me many extra hours and stress (thought they eventually fixed the flight and seats) and an extra $200 for the hotel plus bags. The last time we flew they never registered our FF miles for my husband and son (18k miles each) even though I contacted them 3 times and confirmed it was on there, not only at booking but each other time. Now it is 4 months later.

They charge you unheard of amounts of money to give your miles to someone. Even though you can use your miles for free to buy someone else a ticket

Folks, First I called your 1-817-786-3778 number as directed selected item 6 once done the phone cuts off EVERY time!!! My wife and I were trying to fly to Pittsburgh due to an unexpected death in family as you can imagine we were not in the best of spirits. We checked in,, obtained our tickets proceeded to the gate where we were told we were on standby!!! We explained our situation to the attendant but was told this happens period! I would expect an airline to try and help considering our situation, but no luck. Another couple were gracious enough to give us their seats which were on row 23! To make matters worse, my wife needs to use a walker due to a broken hip she is recovering from and it would be very difficult for her to maneuver the isle way and may fall down!!. I explained this to the flight attendant and was told if we didn't like it perhaps we should take another flight! Everyone in the front of the plane turned around in disbelief, the attendant turned around and walked away. This is how American Airlines treats passengers regardless of the situation! As a retired Quality Director in the Aerospace industry I could not believe how American's values have dropped, The sad thing is this message will in all probability fall on deaf ears!!!

All I heard from American Airlines was the more you fly with us the higher your Priority Status would become. Well, that is the truth but when it come to getting on a plane it make little difference what priority level your have because all levels are announced at the same time. Executive Platinum, Platinum , Gold, Emerald, Sapphire and Ruby making for one big mess at the gate. I'm at a very high level and now looking at other carriers because this has gotten out of hand.

Our flt was cancelled out of Fort Walton Beach FL ON SUNDAY FEB 22ND 2015. Flight number 3129 going to DFW, due to ice on runway. We were unable to flight back to Dallas, and our final destination SAT. Until Wed the 25th, We had extra expenses totaling 587.10. I am a Vietnam Disabled Veteran living on a fix income. If there anyway we can get this expense or some of it. This extra expense have put a big dent in OUR INCOME.

Unable to enter phone contact info on AA website due to lack of space to enter all numbers. Called customer service directly and wash quoted a 45-50 minute wait for call back. Completely unacceptable.

Approximately one month ago, I booked round trip flights from Traverse City to Nashville from March 24 through March 31. I received confirmation numbers, complete itineraries, seat assignments, gate numbers, etc. On March 23, I attempted to download boarding passes, but received a message that I had no reservations. After extensive amounts of time on the phone with your agents, I was told there was no record of my confirmed flights. Since the "solution" offered to travel from Traverse City to Chicago to New York , possibly Dallas, to Nashville was totally unacceptable, I had to cancel motel reservations in Traverse City, lose a day with family I had not seen for almost 2 years due to his deployment to Korea, and reschedule the flight for March 25. As I again tried to download boarding passes the next day, your agent who booked the flights forgot to assign a seat and I could not download passes. Again, after a couple hours on the phone with your agents, I was told only the airport could assign the needed seat number. After a trip to the airport an hour away, I finally received the required seat number so I could make the trip. This is by far the worst experience I have ever had in dealing with an airline in decades of flying. I have had absolutely no trouble with Delta and Northwest flights for many, many trips, and am sure they are the only airlines I will use in the future. I seriously doubt if I will receive any compensation for American Airlines completely messing up my trip and wasting a very important time with my family. I feel it would be totally justified for you to reimburse me for a portion of my expenses at least for this disaster.

Subject: Unsatisfactory Customer Service for 1st Class Passengers: AA Record Locator VQPWRX and HETCFD. Dear American Airlines, I would like to bring to your kind notice that myself and my wife Malti Gupta had to face lot of difficulties due to repeated cancellation (without any information) of American Airlines Flights from New York –JFK to Miami on March 20, 2015. I attach herewith copies of e Ticket confirmation dated Nov. 30, 2014, March 17, 2015 and March 19, 2015 and Boarding Pass for Flight # AA 1589 dated 03/20/2015. While I was confirming my reservation with the Kuwait Airways on March 16, I discovered that the AA flight # 2351 from New York – JFK – Miami on March 20, 2015 will depart from JFK at 5 PM although the E Ticket shows it as 7.20 PM. Immediately I called American Airlines and they issued new e ticket on 17/3/2015 changing the flight as AA#2387. It was my daughter in Miami who by chance found out on March 19, 2015 that flight # 2387 from JFK to Miami has been cancelled. Immediately, I called American Airlines from Kuwait and they issued a new e ticket for Flight # 2299 leaving JFK at 5.45 pm on March 21, 2015.

Later in order to avoid overnight stay at New York my daughter made a reservation for flight No. 1589 leaving LaGuardia Airport at 8.30 PM for Miami on March 20, 2015. After boarding the flight # 1589 and sitting in the Plane for more than 1-1/2 hours, this flight was also cancelled and we were asked to come next day i.e. March 21, 2015 at 8:00 AM to catch the same flight. Last but not the least, when we landed at Miami, out of 4 priority bags (suit cases) booked by us only one suitcase was delivered. We were told to wait for the next flight, which made us wait in the Baggage Claim area at Miami Airport for more than 1½ hour. Considering our age + 82 Years and + 78 Years (for my wife) and the snow and rain at New York on 03/20/2015, it was an ordeal which left us completed exhausted and tired on reaching Miami on 03/21/2015. We are extremely disappointed with service received as a First Class Passenger travelling without any advance information for the repeated flight changes/cancellation. We have been loyal American Airlines Customers for decades. However, after this experience, we have to seriously reconsider our options for any future travel plan.

American Airlines Customer Service - I have received this contact email thru customer relations in Miami Florida. I had to be rebooked on my flight - my original flight was coming from New York - Laguardia layover in Miami and then on to St.Thomas - So I started in NY and we were delayed a couple hours sitting on the plane for mechanical problems - this was cutting it close for my layover - I was getting worried on timing as we were getting close to landing and asked the flight attendant if they could let them know at the gate that I was coming in - she said she wasn't able to do that - so as I had paid for internet on the flight I kept checking the status and now the other flight was delayed by 10 then 20 min - so I knew I would have time and the gate was near where I was getting off - I run over scan my ticket and the man tells me the flight is full - to which I think he's joking and laugh - he's not joking there are about 5 of us from this other flight standing there as ticketed passengers that they know our flight is coming in yet they sold our seats - are you kidding ?

I understand if someone isn't there after an amount of time to sell them but we were on a flight at the gate - why would they do this - and on the last flight out for the night at that! I am then directed to rebooking - where they put me on an 11am for the next day - and I have to stay the night at Clarion hotel-without my checked bag mind you - I have only my purse - fantastic -I should also mention my reason for the trip as my friend is getting married - so now I have missed my friends rehearsal dinner - and since I won't be leaving until 11am ( first flight out ) get in at 2:00 guess what I will also miss my friends wedding!!!!!!
The whole reason I'm traveling is ruined ( oh and on top of that Alex Sent from my iPhone

I should also mention 2 weeks ago I traveled on American Airlines - from LGA to NYC for work -I was delayed for weather - then delayed delayed delayed get on a plane board then they take us off for mechanical problems - as I rush to the last flight of the night - delayed delayed again we were waiting for the Pilot - so traveled from 6am to 2am I missed my works preview night- This was suppose to be about a 5 hour trip and turned into 20 hours - It seems we wait and are delayed for everything other than the passengers -for this new 10min policy - and I am aware that this is because they want some award for on time departures well they may win the award but they are certainly going to loose many customers in this process - I am hoping my bag will have made it to St.Thomas when I arrive but I'm not having high hopes for that either - I also did hear that people on the flight were offered 1,000.00 vouchers - why was I not given the same ?

My husband Richard and I were booked onto flight 2806 out of Yuma flying into Pheonix. We had a e-ticket with assigned seating, which we had paid extra for by the way. We were at the Yuma airport by the designated time that your website had stipulated. We stood in line at the airport for 45 minutes and were second in line when half an hour before the flight was scheduled to leave your front counter staff shut everything down so that they could now become the ground crew. In the time that we stood in line a woman wearing a supervisors badge came out and talked to her staff for a moment then left and went in to the back leaving all of us standing in line, which there where approximately 16 of us. One of your front counter staff spent 20 minutes with a passenger will the passenger talked to someone on the phone instead of letting other people get booked in. We were than left to stand in line for another hour before anyone one would even talk to us again.

We were put on a standby list for the next flight which had already been over sold. The passengers who were over sold on that flight were given $600.00 and booked on another flight and were still standing in line without even being offered so much as a cup of coffee! Naturally we were not able to get onto that flight after we had stood in line for an hour to be put on standby and another 20 minutes to get through security and now had to stand in line for another half an hour to be put on standby for the next flight and another 20 minutes for the security line to again not be able to get on the flight. And once again could not get on a flight and had to stand in line for half an hour to get another standby ticket and another 20 minutes in the security line.

When I received my standby thicket this time I asked if we could have a lunch voucher as it was now 2:00 p.m. and was told you do not give out vouchers. We were finally able to get out of Yuma on this flight but of course our connecting flight to Calgary, Alberta had left the Pheonix airport at 10:00 a.m. and we were now on the 8:05 p.m. flight. We arrived at the Calgary airport, which is home at midnight when we should have been home at 2:42 p.m. I found your staff to be rude and uncaring. I am a manager in the food industry and I am appalled at the treatment and service that we received, if any of my staff would have treated one our customer in this manner they would be fired on the spot and that customer at the very least would have had their meal for free and offered a complimentary bottle of wine. I would appreciate a reply to this complaint.

I live in the Phx area. My father was ill so I booked a flt from Phx to Seattle on Feb 28th, coming back the next day, using my US Air dividends miles. I did this as it was a last minute decision to go see him. Since then, he passed away on March 18. I had 29,000 plus miles in my acct. I was charged the following for using MY miles: $12 taxes and fee, $75 quick ticketing fee and $25 award processing fee for total of $111.20!!! Just received the billing. I also have reward miles on Alaska Airlines. They charge me $12 TOTAL to use my miles. I see no reason to charge the amount that I have been charged. I see no reason to add additional miles to my account, then use them and be charge these high fees. Can you please reduce these charges? If not, you will force me to discontinue using my card and miles for future flts. Thanks very much for addressing this matter.

Flight 1429 to Orlando off this date 27 March was delayed four times and then all the passengers for this flight to Orlando were placed in an airplane that was still being repaired while the temperature was hovering over 100 inside. I suppose your American airline employees thought it was cute that Dadion want to hear anymore complaints from people so they stuck him and lock them inside the airplane to roast. The situation is still ongoing.

Flight from Cancun, Mexico to Dallas, Tx was cancelled on March 4, 2015 due to bad weather - I understand no problem. I (87NHJ94) and my Wife (Martha 18PHY68) were rescheduled on US Air for March 5, 2015 at 5PM from Cancun, Mexico to Phoenix, Arizona then to Tucson, Az. I paid extra for the seats I wanted on the original flight. On the change I also asked for the seats, but was given the seat across from the bathroom. 4 1/2 hours of having to smell the very strong disinfectant coming from the bathroom. I was complete abuse - completely unexceptable. For days I felt sick and continued to smell the disinfectant. Brain dead CEO's, decorators, designers, employees that only seat in 1st class have no idea what it is to smell the bathroom odors for 4 hours. Please have them seat there and give their opinion. I was abused by being put there. I was a loyal AA traveler-was. Hoplefully someone will understand.

Last night on my flight 1583 from Phx to Ord,I was excited to be on new clean plane! Passenger across from me -large teenage boy began throwing up long before take off !Noattention given from flight attendants . I was shocked as he was allowed to travel ,exposing us all to who know what,as he continued to throw up the entire 3 1/2 hour trip. The only attention by flight attendants was he was given larger vomit bag after a fewhours! Also overheadcompartment above me kept flipping open - very dsngerous,too!this was ignored Horrible experience!

I flew 4 first class American Airline flights to and from Ecuador in the last week. These were bought by long time Priority Access members who have been traveling in their first class cabins on and off since the 1980s. I have NEVER seen a more deplorable first class than my last two flights- a 4hr from Ecuador and a 7 hr from Miami. The seats were old with springs pushing through the cushions. absolutely NO ammenities were given. No TV, no fancy blankets, NO dvd's or personal viewing options and the planes were FILTHY. While I paid MORE for the return flights than the first class flights leaving the US-- they had less quality, cleanliness, and ammenities than that of the 1990s coach chairs. Priority Access members pay more for more quality, comfier chairs, and more leg room. NO upgrades at all had been made to the plane in over a decade except an extra blue light put in and internet access allowed.

Furthermore, urine was caked around the entire bathroom--- large yellow streaks covered the entire back and glowed under the light. Even the flight attendents complained they had never seen a more filthy airplane and did NOTHING. WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO PAY MORE FOR FIRST CLASS IF IT IS GOING TO BE A LESSER QUALITY THAN COACH??? American needs to upgrade all their planes and be consistent with the product they are offering. absolutely offensive.

On March 9th, 2015, a group of friends and I tried to book a flight to and from Austin, TX. We all decided to book our flights separately. The total for the flight to and from Austin, TX, from Fresno, CA was set at $363.20. This was the total for the flights to Austin [American Eagle #5782 & US Airways $5570] on September 28th, 2015. The return flights were [American Eagle #5825 & American Eagle #2891] on September 28th, 2015. The members of my party include Joe Aguirre, Carlos Rodriguez, Matt Rodriguez and myself, Angel Rodriquez. We all booked separately and all saw the same price online of $363.20. Joe Aguirre was the first member to book and did so without any issues. I did mine online, was quoted the $363.20 and paid through PayPal. I was given a receipt from PayPal stating that the charges were made, totaling the amount of $$363.20. But there were errors on the website. The flights were not being confirmed.

I called 800-222-2377 to confirm my flight only to be connected to an individual that was no longer quoting me the price I was given on the website and on the receipt. I was being quoted a much larger price. These were not the terms established in our transaction. I sent over an hour being put on hold with this agent who did absolutely NOTHING to resolve my issue. The price I was being quoted now was $388.70, despite the fact that the agreed terms were already established by the very receipt and PayPal transaction record I have. After over an hour of dealing with someone who had no clue of how to respond to my complaint, I began to reach out on Twitter, but they were useless. I finally demanded to be transferred to a supervisor. He refused to give me his last name.

He simply identified himself as Javier and said his employee # was 1A. He seemed to not even care for my issue, refused to aid me in any way, and said it was impossible to stick to the price given on my receipt. I would have to pay the price of $388.70. After wasting away my cell phone minutes and time spent online with inept workers, I paid the $388.70 despite the fact that I knew US Airways was in the wrong! They didn't do a single thing for me other than waste my phone minutes and over-charge me after putting me on hold for close to 1 hour and 20 minutes!

We were booked on AA 2413 from DFW to LAX connecting flight LAX-OGG flight AA 271, we had already gotten our boarding passes, when we got a call from american airlines that the flight had been cancelled, my wife and me were on the phone with AA rep. but no other flight options were given to us, earliest flight according to the AA rep. was monday 3/9. were on the phone for about 45 min. later when we searched we found seats available to the flight DFW-LAX-OGG for 3/8, when we called back and talked to them including the supervisor Theresea, we were not accomodated on this flight as we had coach tickets and availability was on first class, american airlines were not willing to accomodate us, AA should have the recording on file and the supervisor was quite rude. Cancellation of this flight has cost me 7 days of vacation time, at $300 /hour =$16,800 at $340 in non-refundable tickets on hawain airlines from 0GG to HNL for 3/8 and hotel reservations in OGG.

I needed to make a change in my reservation. I was on hold for four hours before I finally gave up. I will just have to try when I get to the airport to leave and take my chances. Very upset by the inconsiderate nature of this. If it is that busy, HIRE MORE PEOPLE!!!

I have a flight booked for my daughter that I need to change. Online it says, "this reservation cannot be changed on line please call American Airlines. I have tried for THREE days! Right now I am on hold for two hours and still waiting. This is outrageous...

Cancelled flight after sitting at airport for 5 hours! I was told at one point "we all have problems!" Also one lady told me after I said I had been up since 3:30 she had been up since 1:30! I told her she was getting paid and I was suppose to be on vacation! We missed our appointments in Phoenix and were not compensated at all. They could at least buy our lunch! I called customer service 3 times. One lady named Ashley from Charlotte was the only nice one.

on a recent flight to orlando from ireland i paid for 5 tickets with a travel agent in killarney southern ireland 3 adults 2 kids aged 8 and 9 years old flying from shannon to newark to orlando and orlando to newark and newark to shannon on both times we left newark 25 october and return on 2 of nov our kids were put sitting on their own as far as im concerned your company will have no luck in the future when your treating children like this i presume you alredy realise this is my last booking with american airlines

To whom it may concern receiving complaints about the service Eulen America:
I hereby make a formal complaint about the mistreatment and disrespect observed an employee of Eulen America named Olga, Mrs. old lady, gray hair with glasses, skinny and short, who did not want to provide us with her name or show his identification, covering it with his hands so we could not see it when we express our feelings towrad the way she was treating passegners, specially Cubans. This happened this afternoon, February 24th, at 2:00 pm in the Concourse D / E (for connection flights). This lady by the name Olga. treated contemptuously Cubans who tried unguided to walk out that door, and even some discrimination actitude was noted in her actions when he shouted: "Cubans are not allowed to use this exit, they must go down". However, many other passengers used that exit, without having any connections, but she apparently only referred to Cubans, by identifying them by their appearence and look like. More than once we saw her mistreat and humiliate comrades of the same staff, in front of everyone. When we told, (three people who were observing their behavior), we intend to file a complaint against her and asked for her name, she brought her 'Supervisor' Mr Miche Sixtol, who told us that she was not there to serve the customer, and that he could not give us her name, nor his name, since they worked for a private company. Similarly we saw he tried to prevent us to see his name, but we could see it. Olga's name we knew because we asked one of his coworkers, since all the time she hide her identification with her hand, so we could not see it.
They laughed at us when they saw we could not find someone to take seriously our claim, at least make known the discriminatory treatment of this person towards Cubans, whoonly showed a face of bitter and frustration towards passengers. We approached her just to ask a question, without even letting us finish it. I had to explain to some Cubans thatalso approached her to ask about Cuban flights, but as soon as she heard the word "Cuba" she not even allowed them to finish formulating tjir questions, and simply pointing his finger she sai in a loud voiced: "Cubans must go down ".
For your information, there were people who had the decency to guide us and tell us that this was the best way to make the complaint, and told us that it was not the first time similar incidents had been reported about Mrs. Olga, but no actions had been taken.
This same complaint I have posted on the website of Eulen America, hoping it gets to the appropriate persons/executives, so that this time action be taken to avoid this kind of situations. It is important to note that attitudes like this make a very bad image of the companies involved in any work done at the Miami International Airport, which counts on such a great international prestige.
I would appreciate a response to my emial.
Maria M. Brito
Email: margaret.brito@gmail.com

This is a follow-up to a previous e-mail complaint that I made earlier this morning, 3/19/2013. Because of our counselled flight, I requested had 2 (two) round-trip airfares. Reason for was because we lost one full day of our Cancun vacation. To add insult to injury ,we were booked on the next flight at 1;40 pm and that flight was also delayed.

On arrival to Cancun we waited patiently for our baggage, too no avail. Our luggage did not arrive. We are now without clothing and bathroom neccessities . Not only did we miss a full -day because of American Airlines ""mechicanical malfuncutions"" but we did not receive our luggage with clothing and were not able to eat out with friends this evening.

We are very dissappointed with this airlines. Doubt we will schedule another flight with your airline in the future. This is our first experience with American Airlines and it has not been good.

Sincerlyl,

David M. Minniear

On November 2 my party of 5 was suppose to have nonstop American Airlines flight out of San Antonio airport leaving at 7:05 am arriving in chicago around 10:30 am. Our flight was delayed by american eagle because pilot refused to fly. We did not leave until 11:00 to Dfw airport and arrived in Chicago around 5;00pm we only had 2 days and our first day was ruined because we got caught in Chicago rush hour traffic. On our way bac on Sunday we sat on the Tarmac of dfw for 1 1/2 hours repairs. Needless to say because of the airliners I pretty much waisted my money on this trip because I did not Have enough time to do all I set out to do. Also the American Airlines customer service reps in San antonio were very rude to be specific T.k. Jones. I do believe I need to be compensated for my time loss,my party of 5 just threw our money and time down the drain.

On march,10 2013 i made my stop in New York and i found my self with the situation of having one of my bags missing, i filed my report at that same day. Sinse then i've been calling day after day and having nothing in results, no one of your employees seems interested on helping by discovering when i Am having my personal belongings back. It have been a week on my waiting im afraid that Ill have to find another way to have results...

I am writing this letter to express how disgusted I was with the Customer Service on my recent trip on American Airlines. Departing JFK was a complete nightmare. The flight was originally suppose to depart at 5:05 pm, Thursday, September 22, 2011. Upon arriving to the airport I checked the flight board and saw that my flight was scheduled to depart on time without any delays. Boarding the flight went smoothly until it was time to depart. We were sitting on the plane for an hour without any explanation from the pilots or flight attendants.

It's not until several passengers began to notice that we had not moved from our original spot that they began to stand up and ask questions. The pilot finally announced that due to weather that one runway was being used and we would depart.

The flight attendants service below average. I could not believe that on a flight from JFK to LAS would run out of beverages and snacks. Not to mention I was more appalled that American Airlines did not offer complimentary snacks but were selling snacks (that were sold out as well)! Worst flight I've been on in a long time!

When people fly they would like comfort when doing so. Good customer service should be mandatory! On a flight for 5 hours in misery is horrible. I will be sure to bypass American Airlines and take my business elsewhere until your company decides to step it up.

I'm a white 62 disable female and I was asking one of your employee were do I catch a shuttle bus to go to a hotel and she told me that I would have to get in a line going outside so I did but when I did go outside she came up to me and ask me what the heck iI was doing I told her again I was waiting for a shuttle to the hotel she told me I was in line for the shuttle to the airplane I told her she told me to she got mad at me and told I could go to jail and she said you people think you can do whatever you want to and the person was black woman and I felt she was against white and I was very upset and wanted to cry. Also my flight canceled do to too many airplane needed to be de-iced there was 18 plane ahead of us do to all the flight crew wasn't there so by the they got one there they had to canceled the flight. They had me to the American airline desk they set me up with another flight and I ask her about staying in a hotel she gave me a voucher for a cheaper hotel and I asked her why would I have to pay for a room she told me they couldn't do nothing about so being disable is just to bad for me all this happened in Philadelphia, my flight number was 3780 the date was 1/06/15, trip number was 218-512-630-03 airline confirmation was BVBQJQ. I like to use American airline but I didn't like your employees in Philadelphia and I didn't like to be treated the way I was treated.

I have received a call from a representative concerning my necklace that they found it and they where suppose to call me back and I have not gotten a call back. I am not pleased with your service I have not only not gotten a call back but I have not received my necklace back either. I have been trying to call as well as sent several e-mail concerning this matter with no response if this matter is not resolved I will have no choice but to submit a complaint with the police department that It was taken out of my suitcase and I will never use your airline again. I have described the necklace to a tee and It also had my name and address with the neckless which is how mary got in touch with me. I have heard absolutely nothing and when I call all I do is get put on hold.Now If I am not gotten intouch with in 5 days I will go onto -facebook-twitter and pinterest and any other web site I can to let people know what kind of service you get and how things are taken out of your bags.not only was my necklace taken but my pajamas...really..baggage people are that desperate....My new address is <hidden>..My name is <hidden>..that necklace was a birthday gift..if I lost it ..it would be one thing, but my suit case was locked.

I left for the trip of a lifetime that I have planned for a long time to Australia/NZ. My 1st flight was to LA from Sacramento on American Eagle Plane. The lady at counter said she could only send luggage to LA, not to AUS. Went to pick up luggage to recheck in LA and wifes was there but not mine. We saw both luggage pieces go onto plane. The flight was delayed because it needed more fuel and they were shuffling luggage around for 45 minutes. LA did not know where my bag was. I caught my next flight to AUS and had tour company help me follow up. I did not have my dive equipment and missed out on the barrier reef dive. I did not have my belongings and had to spend tour time shopping, missing important events. AA ruined my trip and caused me a lot of stress for 8 days. My bags didnt even leave LA for 5 days. What is wrong with the people working there. If the lady in Sacto had put something traveling to AUS maybe my luggage would have made it. This is not the first time this has happened with this airlines. I think AA needs to pay me for 8 days of my tour that caused me such stress I was not able to enjoy it like I should have. I do not want a voucher for American AIrlines as I plan to never travel with them again. I think a cash settlement for $1,000 is more reasonable and I don’t think that even covers the missed days and things I had to purchase. It does not cover the stress it caused, thats for sure. I do expect a response. If there is not a reasonable resolve to this problem I plan to write to the higher beings and the newspapers. I also no coming home this happened on another flight coming from Phoenix prior to picking us up in LA. The pilot explained exactly why they were late. Sounds like a pattern. Please respond. Thomas Morris.

I think someone been watching the clock or the 3 hr delay on the tarmac would have cost AA lots of $
AA6159 (british airlines code/share) time of flight was 18:00 At the gate we could see the plane so what was the reason for
showing it was to leave at 20;00 So then we started to board after 20;00 Then the hell began waiting another 2 1/2 hrs leaving
at 22;30 So the Captin finally told us why they had to change some electical problem and still were writing up the paper work
the rule as I know it is only after 3hrs or would there be compensation to the passengers. Good work AA you saved yourselves
lots of $, By the time we did reach LONDON there were at last 100 or more passengers that had misses their connecting flights
A real night mare for all of the parents of small children ,and disabled passengers like myself, From the time I left a bed till I arrived home to my bed was 33 hrs of hell. Why couldn’t AA have taken care of altertive flights at the very least for the passerges that put a very heavy burden on them SHAME ON AA.

Due to late AA take off of two consecutive attempts to fly to SJC from DFW (direct flight) yesterday, my business colleague and I missed a very important meeting with Intuitive Surgical in San Jose, CA. Both delays were due to AA maintenance issues that should not have happened and posed great safety risk to all passengers.

1. Tires needed changed – we only learned once onboard so had to remain on plane. No choice.

2. Then we had to return to DFW post take off emergency landing due to hydraulics failure.

3. Second plane (no sense of urgency and had to wait in long line to get assistance) had ‘Computer Malfunction’ onboard – we sat on runway for another hour.

No offer of assistance to board another flight airline was provided by any AA gate agent or representative via phone as well. We had no choice once on Plane #2 to stay on as it was out on runway with computer problems.
As this AA negligence has caused us to lose business, waste an entire business day and create an embarrassing business situation for us, I would like to request a Full REFUND or voucher to compensate this embarrassing situation.

My colleague that I was traveling with spoke to Karen Manning in Customer Relations with American Airlines and she issued an e-voucher to her (Michelle Fleming). She was told that I needed to fill out my own form to obtain the same.
My record locator number is YNRVCV and my ticket number was 0012387866966. My AAdvantage number is 2U9M168. Please contact me by phone at (903) 530-6990 or by email billrwoods@msn.com if you need any further information.

Thank you in advance for your help and consideration.

William (Bill) R. Woods

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by William R Woods on 03/20/2014 at IP address 99.34.245.48 using our American Airlines complaint form. This opinions contained in this American Airlines customer review titled, “Poor Service = Multiple Delays” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

from Ontario Calif. to San Francisco was suppose to go to Washington DC but their was a ground stop in San Francisco so I ask them about my flight so They send me to Chicago when I arrive they said they don’t make stops at GSP SC so they said they would send me to Charlotte NC before we left Captain was late and at Chicago they change gate from H3 to H2 so when I went they said I had missed the flight and I was there so they send me to Philadelphia and then after their was a 1 hour delay and then to GSP SC and all this was at American Airlines because of Untied Airlines could not get me home from 8:00 pm Sunday night to Monday night almost lost my job and no sleep for 2 days

De4ar Sir: I received an email today at 2:18 Pm EDT here in Bradenton , Florida. It told me that a ticket had been puchaed using my credit card. This ticket is absolutely fraudulent and must be cancelled immediately and you must tell me which credit card was used , what number, so I can cancel it immediately , as it is compromised now by thios mysterious traveler named: JACK SMITH. That is an obvious fake name, and ceratinly not my name: George P. Kickliter. I di dnot place this order myself and did not authrtoize such a trip. I live near Tampa, Florida, a long ways from Termpe, Arizona. Details below:
Thre email was from “Airlines” (manager.346@californiatickets.com)
Your order#:4182522…………………THIS IS A FALSE/FAKE ORDER NOT MADE BY ME!!!!!!
ELECTRONIC TICKET NUMBER: EH8356675802***THIS IS FALSE FAKE ORDER AND MUST BE CANCELLED IMMEDIATELY DATE TIME: 29 APRIL 2012, 10:52 AM ARRIVING TEMPE ref: LE8218 ST
WHEN I DONLOADED THE INFORMATION ON THIS TICKET , IT HAD DIFFERENT INFO:
ELECTRONIC TICKET NUMBER 27 APRIL 2013 ETICKET#: EH4267181601, ARRIVING TUCSON 09:35
PLEASE CANCEK BOTH TICKETS FOR FRAUD IMMEDIATELY AND NOTIFY ME OF ANY ANALL CREDIT CARDS USED ON THESE TRANSACTIONS. GEORG EP. KICKLITER TEL:941-75-0290//CELL: 941-773-5117 GPK

I received an email today saying I have a reservation on AA from Mpls. to Lexingt0n on April 24th with a $279.79 charge. I have NOT made this reservation!! it’s a phony. I want to make sure this charge does not show up on my credit account. I also called American Airlines of this fraud and notified my credit card company today please verify there’ll be NO charge made. The agent told me at AA that this is a fraud…thank you for taking care of this. Would appreciate your email verifying that this has been taken care of by Amer

To whom it may concern, I am a teacher in the state of California. I was on my way home from a trip to Costa Rica. I had with me 5 students, a VP and a parent. We had spent a week traveling and learning about Costa Rica’s Rain Forest/ ecosystem.

On our way home (3-29-13), we were on American Airlines flight number 177 out of JFK flying into SFO. What I experienced on that flight was very surprising to me. We were seated on the left side of the plane right next to the serving area for first class. Very early on in the flight we witnessed a tall black man that was working in the serves area (but not serving) have what I would categorize as a childish fit.

He was loud and putting down another airline employee for organizing the service area in a way he did not like. He was waving his hands above his head and talking loud in an angry manner. The two older employes that were waiting on first class had to go in and calm him down. They were explaining to him that people just do things differently and that it was ok. The black man spent the next twenty minutes banging and shoving thing around as he rearranging the service area.

Not only did my student get to hear him putting down another employee they got to witness this episode as well. The employee he was putting down was another black woman waiting on the section behind us. She was also rude to American Airlines passengers when talking to them.

About a half hour after this happened, a passenger behind me set a wrapper and a empty cup on the tray beside this service area. The black man let into him like he was a little kid. The man said he understood not to put his stuff on that tray anymore , but the tall black man kept yelling at him.

He kept saying “you do not ever do that again” “do you understand” in a angry loud voice over and over again. The man behind me told him he understood and could do without the lecture. I have never witnessed that kind of rudeness from an American Airlines service worker in all my fly experience.

I later got up to go to the bathroom. When I walked back to my seat, a bleach blond woman (American Airlines airline employee) with a double chin was standing behind the service cart at the service center for first class. The cart was right beside my seat so I could not get to it. So I was waiting for it to move. She turned around and in a rude and loud voice said ” What are you doing”. At this point, I could see why some people got irate on airplanes.

I was talking to my parent after the flight and he expressed a similar concern about these employees. He got up to throw away his trash. He walked to the back of the plane and held out his cup for the service worker to take. She was just standing in the back. She pointed to a plastic bag about three feet away on the floor.

The two older gray haired service workers in first class (man and woman)and the gentleman who worked the back section who wore am knit cap were always professional, kind, and worked hard. The black man and women and the bleach blonde should be transferred somewhere that does not have contact with the public. Their interpersonal communication skill match that of a seventh grader. The drama they brought to the flight left a bad impression of American Airlines.

I would expect to be treated and watch other people be treated much better than this on American Airlines flight.

Dear Sir/Madam: I have being an American Air Lines traveler for almost 20 years, and never had any problems before the 29th,Feb 2012. I made a reservation to travel to Trinidad on the 7th Feb,2012 returing date Mar 14th,2012. I received an emergency call from Atlanta informing me that my mother had a hearth attack and had passed away. I made reservation to travel back to Atlanta on the 1st, of March 2012.

I was charged $257.00 US which was $1.659 TT dollars which I paid cash. I was informed by one of your AA supervisor in Trinidad that when I get back to the USA I should request a foam for an emergency waver and I must provide AA with a copy of the death certificate for my mother. I call your company on March 5th,2012 and spoke to an Agent name Mr.Bob, he won’t give me a last name. After explaining to him my concerns he sounded a bit rude and did not seem to be interested in hearing my complaint; he just said to me go on line and file my complaint.

I am 72 yrs and has never felt so insulted by one of your employees before. May I thank you for your concern in this matter.

My wife needs a wheel chair when we travel.On American Airlines flight number 1772 on 1-24- 12 from grand cayman to miami my wife was sick and was cold . We were told that blankets were no longer available butwe saw them being used in first class. this was not as bad as the situation we ran into in miami . The young man who was waiting for us with the wheelchair was very nice and took us thru to the gate for our connecting flight to detroit.Now the bad part. Wehad a four hour lay over till our next flight.My wife has very limited mobility so she needed the wheelchair to get to restrooms or restaurants.We were told by American Air we could not keep the wheelchair while we were waiting.

One young man found us a chair but a young woman told us that the chair did not belong to AA and took the chair away from us. There was no one at the desk for the first three hours so we could not ask for help. So my wife suffered for the three hours.Finally some one came to the desk and got her a chair. I am 84 and my wife is 82 this was not a pleasant time for us.I hope changes can be made so this would not happen again on American Airlines.

Dear American Airlnes… you suck big time. I believe it would be my mission to bad rep this unprofessional and disorganized airline company. American Airlines passengers be aware, two times they cancelled a flight on my. asking to leave the next day, both flights were from New York to Rio (flight # 255) and even last night (oct 07 2011) they cancelled, it was very important to me to be in Rio today saturday october 08 as there is a launching of a new condominium and I was going down there to buy an appartment, and the buyers of today would receive a brand new car.

So thank you American Airlines you cost me aggravations, time, stress, gasoline, time off from work, etc etc. I don`t thing anyone ever made me this angry, furious and frustrated in my all life, but you American Airlines succeded, be ashemed of carrying a name that represents a country like America.

Me and my husband was supposed to go to San Jose on 9 August. AA called us and said our flight is cancelled and we have to go next day. We had to go same day as it was urgent so we called them. AA put us not to direct flight to San Jose but we had to change two times our plane from Washington to Texas first then to Denver and then to Oakland. We reached midnight to Oakland. The airlines did not apologize to us and gave us any discount. We are not going to go by that airline anymore we decided.Even in plane our seats were not next to each other.

RE: Flight Number AA017, July 8th 2011. My wife & I just returned from a trip where we flew AA from St. Petersburg to San Francisco with layovers on New York & Helsinki. Upon landing in New York we went to our gate #46 to catch flight #17 to San Francisco. We arrive over twos hours early, checked in and waited like normal. Prior to the boarding, there was an announcement that flight #177 to San Francisco had been cancelled due to weather (??) and those passengers would be moved to our flight #17. When boarding began, the desk agent made a PA announcement offering the following to each passenger that was willing to give up their seats: $500 travel Credit, Hotel, Meals & Transportation, 25,000 air-miles.

The agent made another request and sounded desperate. My wife & I volunteered. The agent was very pleased as were the people that were given our seats. The agent told us to go sit down and he would get back to us at the end of boarding as he was busy. We did. Just as the doors were about to close, the agent came running up and said: “It seems we do have two seats on the plane and have rescinded the offer” I asked him to repeat that as I was not sure that this was correct. He concurred and said we had to board the plane immediately. He took our boarding cards and rushed us down the gate where we were called to hurry. He then came running up and said: We have moved your seats.

I have one seat in Business class and another in economy. Hurry and go to your seats and he went back to the desk. Upon entry into the plane we looked for our seats and found people sitting in them. They moved and is was chaotic. As a matter of record, we booked this flight well in advance to sit together for a reason. My wife just had an accident and required assistance from me and she recently lost her mother for which I was there to comfort her. We had also purchased a ticket for our son (my stepson). He did not fly back with us as his grandfather died and we changed his flight for 10 days later. So, our vacation turned into a funeral trip.

The last thing we wanted was to be forced to NOT sit together. While trying to assist my wife, I was ushered out of business class to my new seat assignment next to the kitchen seat #22H. A seat I would NEVER book for any flight. I could see my wife from where I was standing and she asked the flight attendant to assist her with putting her bag in the overhead compartment. The flight attendant looked at my wife in disgust and said: “What, You can’t even lift your own bag” My wife replied: “I have a shoulder injury and need help putting it up there”.

The flight attendant replied in a very snide retort: “I have a shoulder problem too, so put your bag up and go back to your seat” and then walked away without looking back. This was very unsettling. My wife waited moment and no help came. She then came back to me at my seat area and asked me for help to put her bag up. The flight attendant was there and looked at me and said: “Are you going to help her?”. I said absolutely and went to her seat and put the bag away. The attendant was nowhere in sight, she had dispensed with us. I returned to my seat and we departed.

About 2 and half hours into the flight, my fight attendant came with a tray of water cups. He asked the lady next to me if she wanted water. When she said yes, he replied” “I will return with some other water for you as you don’t want this tap water” He then smirked at me and asked me if I wanted water. I said no as I brought my own. He returned with bottled water for the woman next to me. Oh, she was a flight attendant from another flight. This in itself was not so bad as was the obvious contempt for the water being served to me. I didn’t worry about my wife, thinking in business class is no problem with water.

But, my wife did not get any offers for any drink until food- service time. Though all the men in the cabin did. The Flight attendant was rude and non-responsive. After this I decided to watch, so I stood up in my area where I could see where my wife was seated. I witnessed the flight attendant flitting around all the men in the seats and totally ignoring my wife.
At one point my wife was fiddling with her tray and the attendant came walking by and gave it a shove as she passed.
This startled my wife and upset her. The rest of the flight was the same. I am not sure why the flight attendant was so rude and disregarded my wife in the way she did.

I do not know if in fact she also had a shoulder injury or some other calamity going on her her life. But to treat my wife with such contempt the entire flight is absolutely uncalled for. Additionally, when the gate agent gave us the offer to fly the following day, I called our transportation that was meeting us in San Francisco and concealed it. By the time we were forced to get on the plane in seats we did not reserve it was too late to call for transportation. So, after being treated like trash for hours, my wife was in tears, I was terribly tired as I had to keep moving for the constant kitchen cart preparations for a flight I had been told we would not be on.

Upon arriving in San Francisco, we had no transportation and we were going home in Santa Rosa. The taxi was $257.00 before tip and we had to wake up friends at 2;30am to bring us our keys as they had them with our car. Very embarrassing. In essence, our seats were given to someone else under the “Promises” that we would be compensated.
We were not and were forced to take alternate seats apart and we were treated very poorly the entire flight that we should not have even been on and left at the arriving airport without our preplanned transportation.

At the baggage claim help desk, I filed an incidence report which I was told would be entered into my file for your retrieval.
Do you think this was a reasonable set of circumstances? Was the flight attendant acting as American Airlines policies regulate? Was it fair to sell our seats then force us to board under these circumstances? I would very much like to talk to you about this and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

On July 8, 2011 I had reservations to travel from Maracaibo, Venezuela to Miami, Fl. on flight AA724 leaving Maracaibo at 7:AM. I made arrangements to arrive at the airport no later than 5:00AM. On the way to the airport we came upon a traffic accident which slowed us down. I arrived at the ticket counter at 5:42AM and was told that the counter had close at 1Hour and twenty minutes before the flight. I arrived just two minutes after and could not get on. I pleaded with them to let me on but they would not. I asked if there were any empty seats they said yes but I could still not get on the airplane.

I then had to reschedule through Caracas to Miami for my final destination to Lafayette, La. I was flying First Class from Caracas to Miami and Miami to Houston. After rescheduling only the Caracas to Miami flight was first class and I had to pay almost $500.00 for Coach. I also had to pay for a domestic flight from Maracaibo to Caracas. This was very stressful and inconvenient to say the least. If your policy is to shut down the ticket counter at 1Hr. and twenty minutes before flight time I am not aware of it. I have seen standby passengers board 5 minutes before flight time.

I decided to fly on American instead of Continental because Continental flies through Panama, but I may have to take that route next time. Your take it or leave it policy is not working well for me.

From India was in USA for observership in cleveland clinic- ohio in june- july and have very bad experience with american airlines by misbehaviour and felt that I was a victim of racism. I was charged 60$ for my second baggage inspite of having eligibility and permission in my ticket which already tie up with british airway. I have 1hr stressful time and mental harrassment even the matter was unsolved by higher officers. I ask for returning of undue charge with compensation of 5000$ to the airlines and british airway suggest me to ask to american airlines as they are not responsible for that. So please do needful at the earliest as part of neutral justice.

I had the misfortune to be booked on AA flight AA 1932 from Miami to Montreal on Sunday, 19 June with ETD of 20.25. I should add that I had travelled to Miami on AA flight AA248 from Brasilia on the same day. I can say with all honesty that in over 40 years of flying in Europe, the USA, Canada, Australia, South America and Africa that I have never experienced such inexcusable treatment by any airline as was meted out by AA in Miami on the night of 19 June and early morning of 20 June. I shall never travel AA again and will warn friends, colleagues and anyone prepared to listen not to do so. I am preparing a newspaper article to be published here in Brasilia to the same effect.

The original gate for departure from Miami was given as D46. The ETD had been revised to 20.55 by the time I arrived at the gate around 20.00 due to an hour’s delay in the arrival of AA248 due to late departure from Brasilia and bad weather in Miami which had closed the airport for a short time. There was a flight to San Juan at gate D46 and all passengers had embarked on that flight by around 20.30. At around 21.00 AA staff at the gate announced that the San Juan aircraft had been embarked before arrival of all the crew who had still not arrived.

So, Montreal AA1932 passengers were informed, we would have to wait at D46 until the gate was freed or maybe there would be a gate change. At around 21.15 a gate change to D39 was announced. On arriving there we were told that the aircraft to Montreal was still not ready and there would be a further delay of 20 minutes. This turned out to be 30 minutes at least but around 22.00 embarcation commenced. By 22.30 embarcation had been completed and dinner orders for business class passengers taken by stewardess Eva Von Bromssen although by the time she got to me on the last row of business there was no longer any alternatives.

Shortly afterwards, business class passengers witnessed the male flight attendant on the flight shouting angrily at someone trying to embark along the lines of “get off”. A few minutes later the pilot emerged from the cockpit and reprimanded the flight attendant and I caught phrases such as “I should have been consulted”. The flight attendant attempted to respond but finally turned on his heels and marched into the coach sector. A few minutes later the pilot announced that a passenger had been removed from the aircraft and his checked luggage would have to be removed. This would cause a further delay while his luggage was located and there was a critical time issue in reaching Montreal before the airport curfew there.

A little before 23.00 the pilot informed the passengers that the flight could not make Montreal before the curfew and was therefore cancelled and that we should all disembark and rebook our flights. Being in business I was one of the first to leave the aircraft and upon reaching the rebooking area I was confronted with a long queue from another cancelled flight. I waited in line until after midnight. Fellow passengers in the line told me that a young man was ejected from the flight by the flight attendant because he was either drunk or drugged and was causing a disturbance. I was also told that the flight attendant involved had also left the flight, whether ordered to by the pilot or on his own volition.

On reaching the desk I was informed that I had been rebooked on flight AA 1984 at 08.25 the next morning on coach class and that I would have to wait until 20.25 if I insisted on a business class seat. I have been delayed by volcanic ash, strikes, bad weather etc and have always been accommodated at the airline’s expense but the AA supervisor at the desk was adamant that AA was not prepared to do this. She even tried to justify the cancelation of the flight as due to bad weather which was an outright lie as the problem was caused by the removal of a passenger who should never have been allowed to embark in the first instance.

I was given a discount voucher to the Nht Courtyard Marriot and told to make my way to the exit opposite gate D25. It was around 00.30 and the Skytrain airport was no longer operating so a steady stream of exhausted passengers had to make their way to gate D25 on foot. I waited until 01.30 for a shuttle which never came and I was subsequently informed by the driver of the shuttle to another Marriot that the shuttle to the Nth Courtyard Marriot did not run after midnight. All the hotels in the region were full as I was told by the drivers of the few shuttles remaining. The airport was closed so at nearly 02.00 I had to take a taxi to a very dilapidated motel called the Miami Springs Inn with dirty bed linen and a lock on the door which did not function. I could easily have been assalted or worse.

I have given this as a personal safety share example to employees of the company I represent with advise to avoid at all cost flying with American Airlines who simply abandoned passengers to their own devices at after midnight. The discount voucher to the hotel states that a courtesy AA has negotiated a special distressed rate with the hotel. I would comment that AA has no idea of the meaning of the word courtesy. The whole episode is now in the hands of the company I was representing who I am hoping will take a very strong stance on the issue.

RE: Itinerary No. NKIJNG. I booked flights on American Airlines for myself and my three children, departing from LGA to MIA on 2/19/2011 and returning from MIA to BOS changing planes in LGA on 2/25/2011. I also had seats selected both ways. (Please see Itinerary attach). I checked into MIA airport for my return trip on 2/252011 around 12:30 p.m. and was told by the ticket agent that all flights to LGA was delayed, there was some kind of weather problem in that area. (I believe they said high winds). Because we checked in so early and they were having problems with all or most of the American Airlines flights going in that area they decided to put us on standby on an earlier flight direct to Boston.

I was also told by American Airlines if we did not get on the standby flight we will be able to take our regular schedule flight. We did not get on the standby flight, when we try to get on our regular schedule flight, we was told that that flight was booked up and we would have to go on standby on that flight. Our seats was given away. We waited and was then able to get on that flight as a “standby passenger” even though we already had selected our seats months ago. (Please see Itinerary), now my children and I had to sit apart. Then I was told that they cannot get us to BOS until Monday morning. In order for me to do this I would have to stay in LGA for 2 nights.

I was not offered a hotel or anything by American Airlines to help me with this situation. I was only told they are not responsible for the weather. The ticket agent did not seem to care about my situation. I was forced to take a taxi from LGA airport to the bus terminal. My children and I found our way, not knowing New York City, we actually got more help from the people on the street who we asked directions, and got a bus to Boston, we arrived in Boston at around 3:45 a.m. on Saturday morning. When I picked up my luggage at BOS Logan Airport, two of my suitcases were damaged. One the handle broke and on the other it was torn.

I am a frequent flyer of American Airlines and I am now considering no longer flying with American Airlines  in the future. The customer service, the attitude and not caring attitude of your employees is not acceptable.

Have feedback for American Airlines?