Customer Satisfaction Results
2.4 out of 5 Stars
35 Consumer Reviews

Amazon
Complaint Department

Welcome to the Amazon company complaint page. Here you can file a complaint against Amazon online for poor customer service, billing problems, or report a rude employee. If you need to contact the Amazon corporate office with your feedback, there is information listed below including mailing address, customer service phone number, and support email address.

Have you had problems with Amazon?

Compare Amazon to Similar Online Shopping more...

Top 35 Reviews about Amazon

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Amazon customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

I ordered Amazon Basics DVI (Order #112-1831376-5000209) to be delivered today. I received a notice the item would be delivered by 9 pm. When there was no indication the order was going to be delivered on time, I checked email. Upon opening my email, there was a notice the package was delivered and left at the front door on the front porch of my apartment building. I immediately went downstairs to look for it, and there it was - laying inside the outer door where anyone off the street could open the door and take the package. And someone almost did.

As I was approaching the entrance, someone off the street picked up the package. If I wouldn't have said that's my package you have, that would have been it. Amazon has delivered many packages to my apartment. After you come into the outside door, you have to be buzzed into the building, and then buzz my apartment to gain access. I have had this problem with some UPS delivery people before. I have called them and complained, but they just brushed it off. I told them I would be willing to come downstairs to get the package if they buzzed my apartment. I have done it on occasion because some don't want to climb 12 steps. I can't fault Amazon as they have been very good.

But I would hope they would contact UPS and complain about their delivery and try to rectify the situation.

Upvote (0)

I was buying a denture adhesive from Bartell's. I was told that the company stopped making it. Went on Amazon and happened to see it for sale' At Bartell's it was $ 5.99 and at Amazon it is $ 129.00 for the same 1 oz. tube. I think this is considered price gouging. The products is called Cushion Grip and it is for sale on there web site.

Upvote (0)

Amazon closed my account. They say it is because I returned too many items. Prior to them closing my account the last email that they sent to me said not to worry that my account would remain open and that I could return items. Also when I email them which is the only method they have to respond to me they do not answer the questions I am asking. They also have stated they are not going to refund my Prime Membership that I have already prepaid for due to that I somehow abused my account by returning too many items. What should I have done kept Items I did not want or like? Email them each time to see if it was okay to return a certain item or items? They told me to read there return policy. I did no where in the return policy does it say anything about a limit on returns. Please advise?

Upvote (0)

My Amazon.com account was hacked and someone made two purchased on 11/17 for $39.95 and $41.29. Amazon contacted me the next morning. I let Chase know about the transactions and my account was credited. I stopped into a branch to complete the report and get my debit card reissued. ON 1/6/16, my account was debited for $41.29 - one of the two transactions. They said that it was "investigated" and determined to be "correct and authorized", which it was not. I did some research on my Amazon account. Someone had attempted to change the email address just prior to making the purchases.

In addition, for the purchase in question, someone emailed Amazon and requested that they ship the item to an address in Indonesia. I thought this was enough proof, along with my claim that I DID NOT make either purchase was enough to have them reconsider their decision. I emailed the fraud group TWICE now and no one has even bothered to respond. I knot it is only $41.29, but I didn't buy the item. I have emailed Amazon as well. If my account was debited, they received the money. Yet their notifications to me said that all orders related to these charges were cancelled.

So, they received $41.29 for something that was never shipped out (or shouldn't have been shipped). I realize that I am not a "valued" customer, since I only have a prepaid debit card with them. That is probably why they are choosing to ignore my request to escalate the decision. I don't believe that they bothered to even research it. I attempted to attach the emails and documents that I sent to them in support of my claim, but pdf documents cannot be uploaded.

Upvote (0)

Now every time I try to order something it won't go through. As a company it's been too many times now that I can't get my orders through and it won't work. All I get is having to order through an operator consistently. I'm tired do wasting my time on hold. I will move to a different place to order. Goodbye Amazon after 15 years. Cancel my tax free account.

Upvote (0)

I just want to know why Amazon took $4.94 on December 19th from my credit card. Could you please give me explanation thank you. I have tried to contact Amazon customer service but it looks like they are closed for the holidays.

Upvote (0)

I bought a scooter earlier from Amazon.com that was way to high being a single mother of 4! I wanted to get the 2 year protection plan but couldn't afford it with the scooter. Now the scooter plus protection plan are cheaper than what I purchased it for, from the same company! That's just wrong. There should be a price comparison at least. How can I contact the Amazon.com corporate office with my complaint?

Upvote (0)

I placed an order and it was to be shipped on Dec.29 or Jan.12th way too late for Christmas. It was coming from the United Kingdom. I don't understand this third party shipment. I probably will not order from Amazon again as this was my second complaint this season. I really liked the convince of the wish list, but will not use it again!

Upvote (0)

I ordered a watch off Amazon 27 / Nov /15 and received it 30 / Nov / 15 anyways I heard the FedEx truck outside and went to go get my package from the Lady and she personally handed me two packages. One was my bath robe and the other was my $600.00 REACTOR watch, she had put the shipping box w/ the watch in a clear plastic bag and I'm thinking she did that because she was going to leave it outside because it had been raining. Ok so I get inside and my box w/ the watch inside has a judge hole in it and a large portion of the box was torn away and missing.

The lady carrier did not inform me that there was this judge hole in the box PERIOD AT ALL whatsoever nothing :( and you can't tell me that this lady carrier didn't see and know that this box had been damaged because she handled it with her hands and put it in a plastic bag. My package wasn't damaged it was ripped into and that's why I'm so highly upset :P the watch was also missing the band links and the instructions that were supposed to be in the bottom of the watch container itself.

Upvote (0)

I have been an amazon customer for a while now I collect my fav tv shows and movie items what is the difference in me buying seasons 3/4 box set of Stargate Atlantis trading cards but nobody will send seasons 1/2 and 5 nor will they send me the Stargate Keyrings of any kind nor can I receive any more torchwood items I don't buy these to resale I buy them for me as I love collecting what I can but why send me half a card set and nothing else I also tried amazon Australia and now I know why I don't us them all they have are books I have never had a problem never had to send anything back not a happy customer anymore why do they have to be so mean my ratings used to be 5 stars now they are o and I don't like doing this. I have had over nine items that I wanted to buy but can not I brought 7 items and have received 6 so far.

Upvote (0)

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 I received my credit card statement and was charges $106.92 for an Amazon Prime Membership. I did not request a membership and I do not want a membership. Please credit my credit card for the amount of $106.92 and explain why this amount was charged to my account. Please someone help me, so far I cannot get Amazon to reply to my complaint.

Upvote (0)

I received my credit card statement yesterday and there is a charge for $106.92 for an Amazon Prime Membership. I did not sign up for an Amazon membership and I do not want this membership. Please credit my credit card for this amount and explain why this was charged to my account. I am hoping someone from the corporate office will reply to my complaint.

Upvote (0)

Recently ordered book thru you to Hippo Books for a book titled Things to Come by J Dwight Pentecost with a cost of $15.99 on order #119919442 on date of 8/23/2015 (Hippo Book sales order #97572770). Did not receive this book but one titled The Gunsmith 394 #6009-1-835-165200 and the USPS tracking #9241 9901 0154 9266 4107 53. It has cost me $15.99 and did not receive the book I ordered. Looked up the company Hippo Books and found unsettled complaints and find it hard that you do business with this type company. I have used amazon.com for many orders and you can verify this. Sad, we are now on a bad foot because of this type business from someone you transact business.

Upvote (0)

We placed an order for some jewelry for my daughters birthday on July 27 2015. the order was for over 70 dollars. we paid an extra 10 dollars for 2 day shipping. We got a confirmation notice that the order will ship on Aug. 20, 2015. My daughters birthday was on July 30th. What can we do to expedite this order? Her birthday has already passed and we are not happy with how this has played out. There was a mention that an order over 35 dollars would have free shipping, but that had strings attached and we decided to pay the extra money to ship in 2 days. We have not had a problem like this in the past and we felt like we would increase the amount of purchases over time. Our daughter lives in Ca and it is so nice to be able to shop this way. It is unlikely that we will continue if this is what we can expect for delivery. Please let us know what we can do to submit our Amazon.com complaint to the corporate offices.

Upvote (0)

I have received four messages from Amazon advertising their products. these messages were received 14/6/2015 at 00.07am. 17/6/2015 at 00.08am.and 18/6/2015 at 01.02 am . I made a complaint about this unacceptable anti-social behaviour, or so I thought. I have received a further message today 23/6/2015 at 01.01. This problem needs immediate attention by Amazon. It is not so much the unwanted advertising but the times the messages are being sent, why in the middle of the night to disturb people who are asleep. This definitely not good business practice.

Upvote (0)

I am a very active Amazon customer. More than 200 orders in 6 months. My first complaint is a general one. Any time there is a problem with an order after the supplier says it has shipped there is no link or way left to contact the seller making it nearly impossible to resolve delivery issues once the seller proclaims shipment is enroute. Can't something be done about that? It is even worse once the seller proclaims it has been delivered whether it has or not.

I do not get mail delivery at my physical address only UPS or Fed Ex. I can deliver to the physical address. When sellers use the postal service as a delivering carrier and then chose the physical address as the delivery point, it always goes wrong.

I have two orders that this is an issue with. The first, placed in February was for Honey Catalina dressing (originally diverted because of weather related issues) has never been delivered, still shows as enroute and has been charged to my card. Second is Ajax sent by post to physical address.

Upvote (1)

I received terrible customer service from JB Tool Sales through Amazon, so I put up a negative seller review. Amazon took the review down at the seller's request. Then the seller emailed me to gloat about getting it taken down.

Upvote (1)

Have not refunded the amount of money, owned to me for items ordered by mistake. Two comforters. $ 152.08. This company is a ripoff scam online. Products sucks. Bought a man bracelet. Piece of crap. Can't wear it. Clasp is no good. Don't do business with this company.

Upvote (1)

I have been happily ordering from Amazon , same items regularly every 1 -2 months, with no problems. Orders were sent by regular US Post to my post box. Last week my items did not arrive on schedule. I then received emails from Amazon saying "Shipping address is undeliverable - items have been returned to sender". I noticed that for the first time the order had been sent by FedEx, not US POST. WHY????? I phoned Amazon customer service - what a joke! Spoke to 2 different agents who could not explain why a change had been made in the method of shipping. I asked to speak to a supervisor - there were none available.

Then I am told that.....the shipping department decides how an order will be sent. So I reply that US POST has worked perfectly for 2 years - CHANGE IT BACK. Sorry, it is not possible to ask the shipping department to send an order by a specific carrier. But this is the same regular order that always arrived just fine by US POST - CHANGE IT BACK please. Oh Sorry, that can't be done. I then tell her that I will be forced to cancel all my regular subscription orders. I am told that she will send an email to somewhere telling someone that I am unhappy.

Then I am told that she will make an exception for me and will send my order by special delivery to my home. I explain that there is no home delivery, just post box. So I give her the address of the post office and she assures me that it will be delivered the next day, NO PROBLEM. An hour later I get an email saying that I have been issued refunds for all the undeliverable items? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS COMPANY? So I am cancelling all orders with Amazon. There is no customer service from this company.

Upvote (0)

The listed and publicized date for the rate increase for Amazon Prime is April 17, 2014. Today when I attempted to sign up for Amazon Prime at the STILL CURRENT rate of $79.00 I was informed that signing up at this time would cost me the (NEW NOT IN EFFECT RATE) of $99.00. At this date it is the one(1) month free trial period that is pushing me beyond the April 17 deadline. When I offered to decline the one(1) month free trial period which would now make my signing up date before the publicized increase date of April 17…… I was informed that I would still be billed the new not yet in effect rate of $99.00.

It is abundantly clear that the one(1) month free trial period in this case is designed to deliberately push anyone new signing up past the OFFICIAL and PUBLICIZED date of April 17th. when the increase is supposed to take effect. By this very shady maneuver it is in effect making the “OFFICIAL” and “N O T PUBLICIZED” date of the increase actually March 17, 2014.

I thought that Amazon was a much more reputable company with the integrity to stand behind it word and publicized dates!

Upvote (0)

Rec’d $10 promotional code from Amazon on line but am not able to use it. In fact, when I copied and pasted it from my March 15 Amazon email, it did no show up in my account. And when I placed my order, it still hadn’t shown up.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by dorothy corbin on 03/19/2014 at IP address 216.40.84.181 using our amazon complaint form. This opinions contained in this amazon customer review titled, “promotional code” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Upvote (1)

I’ve purchased several downloads from Amazon. Here lately I went to sample a song and it automatically downloads as mpu (whatever that is). I called to report it, a complaint was submitted, that was about 2 wks ago and I still haven’t got a response. I went through checking all the songs I’ve downloaded and they are not complete. I called in 2 days in row concerning this problem. My account was reset, they gave the go ahead to re-download, i received a message saying they were sorry, there’s problems with processing my account. This was during and after the call with the rep. I don’t know about ordering anything else but I can say the last couple of times I’ve purchased the mp3 downloads there have been nothing but problems.  I will be looking for another site t purchase my music from.

Upvote (0)

I bought a control panel from Universal Pneumatic & Electric Group – Amazon Marketplace Out of Atlanta Georgia and when i ordered it said 3-5 day delivery 10 days later i filed a complaint. I recieved a call from Universal telling me to remove my complaiont as its hurting his bussiness. I told him that i never usually complain but the delivery is not what was promised and he was hurting my bussiness and that shipping was Anazons problem not his.We responded to e-mails where he is calling me an ASS HOLE and he was stopping shipment of my order even thogh its paid for. YES THATS RIGHT HE KEPT MY MONEY THEN STOPPED MY ORDER FROM BEING DELIVERED. To date i have not recieved my order.

THIS IS FLAT OUT STEALING. Order information from Amazon seller Universal Pneumatic & Electric Group (Order: 103-3523451-9961825)

Upvote (0)

I recently sold a set of vhs tapes on amazon.com, the tapes were in great condition, I just made dvd copies of the tapes before I shipped them out and made sure they were rewound and the packaging was in great condition. I sent them out at a good price and within a week, I get an email saying that two of the tapes were not rewound and that they were jamed! The seller claimed that they were recieved that way. The seller is demanding a refund and shipping cost to return the tapes. What can a seller do as I don’t want to get a bad report.

I have also had buyers claim they never recieved the cd’s that I sent and I have started using tracking and if it is an expensive disc I request that the cd be signed for. I wonder if amazon.com tracks the deadbeat buyers that constantly do this? It seems strange to me that I have so many problems with buyers when I check my sales items and make sure they are good quality when I ship them and what can you do when they switch out their broken vhs tapes or say they didn’t receive items?

You can’t accuse the buyer of anything as you will get blacklisted and it sure seems funny to me that I have so many problems with buyers. Something is fishy here and I would like to know what can be done about it.

Upvote (0)

I applied for the Bank of America credit through Amazon because it held a big discount for purchases for a limited period. When it arrived I decided not to use it and cut it up and threw it away I contined to purchase all my christmas shopping thinking that I was paying with my usual debit card. Unknown to myself Amazon had placed it on the account as my default payment. I complained to the Financial Ombudsman and Amazon or Bank of America contacted me to see if things could be resolved. Incidentally, I did not receive the discount either and have been charged interest.

The lady on the phone was very clear about her side of the story and practically accused me of lying when I said I wasn’t aware that I was using the card when buying things. I asked her to put things in writing and she because very rude indeed. I wonder if anyone else has had this experience. Is outrageous. I have been a loyal 10 year customer of Amazon and spent a ton load of money in that time and am seriously considering not paying the bill just so as they’ll take me to court and I’ll be let people know exactly how they treat their customers.

Upvote (0)

Chefs Depot has been serving customers for over 30 years. Do you think that there are complaints from the general public about them? Sure and also about everything else on the planet. They are a good company and I have been buying from them a long time. I got shafted by Amazon, people search Amazon Complaints! Chef Vlad

Upvote (0)

1st time customer.purchased pedal tractor with gears today — add says goods over 25£ free delivery to Ireland — confirmed by Melanie at Amazon by phone prior to purchase.based on this info I promised this gift to my grandson. However delivery to Ireland was refused –no choice but to use UK address and pay delivery charge. Now faced with extra cost and hassle of getting the gift to Ireland. I feel cheated by this false promise of free delivery using the Amazon website and false advertisement. 1st and last time customer of this service.

Upvote (0)

Amazon charged illegally (or rather stole) my money on the first day of my credit card billing cycle for last month. Amazon was smart to do so because the victim I would only get a chance to know that my money has been stolen after one whole month when I receive my credit card bill. I ordered items from Amazon awhile back. However, I didn’t buy anything at Amazon.com anytime soon. It is weird for Amazon to start charging/stealing money from me, which is only special in that this day is the first day of my credit card billing cycle of for previous month! Some bad guys in Amazon intended/determined to steal.

Upvote (0)

after ordering an item from Amazon fri.15th Feb for £14.95 and been quoted £2.49 p&p and promised confirmation of order, which l didnt get, l check the order myself and see l have been charged £18.99 for a £14.95 item which is ludicrous. l’ve sent emails of complaints and spoken to a rep. from Amazon this morning who promised to email me back within 30mins – nothing!! what do you do now?

Upvote (0)

Yesterday1/24/11 I submitted a complaint to amazon and I haven’t received an answer re my complaint. Does amazon ignore submittals? Please advise my e-mail address is peterkuri@att.net. Thank you.

Upvote (0)

I received a book, the 17 day diet-Dr micheal rafael moreno without any amazon order No. or other info. required for returns. It was sold by:twentyfourseven-books,which is the reason I didn’t get free shipping. I couldn’t get a phone no. to call and discuss my problem with amazon. I am not going to order any thing from amazon.com anymore.

Upvote (0)

I’m hoping that someone may be able to assist me or at least look into this situation. I’m dealing with a bait and switch situation with Amazon.com and at this point I’m getting absolutely zero assistance from their own customer service. I purchased an expansion pack from Amazon. It was available from Amazon, not their “sellers, ” and they advertised it for $9.99 plus shipping. As of October 25th, my order had still not even been shipped. I contacted Amazon customer service, via e-mail, and was told that the product is not available through Amazon and that I would need to cancel my order and purchase it from one of the “Sellers” on the Amazon product page!

Upvote (0)

WARNING, do not order from these guys at Amazon. They call themselves ASSET RECOVERY LIQUIDATORS on THE AMAZON WEBSITE. They send you the wrong product, then try to make you pay to ship it back to them. If you ship it without a tracking number, they keep your money and the product and pretend they never got the return. Amazon even emails the seller if you don’t use a tracking number, which allows them to scam people easier. On top of that, if ASSET RECOVERY LIQUIDATORS send you product that costs less than what you pay, they do not return the difference!

Upvote (0)

I have been hissing about this all day – I love finding this site!!

Amazon has suspended me from EVER selling on their site. Just because my email was accidentally entered incorrectly because I had added an extra .net. –their form is too short to show the entire email at once –not their fault –and I’m just guessing that’s why- they won’t tell you why you are suspended or work with you to correct anything. The Gate keepers do an excellent job. I WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING from them or their stores – sorry merchants. Does any one else think the amazon smile is an erect circumsized male organ? Maybe it’s because I feel screwed. They are as bad as Walmart ruining local business. Boycott Amazon. How long will it be before they get this scrubbed? If you want to do business you need to bend over and grab your ankles.

Contact the Amazon Complaint Department