Aldi

Complaint Department

Most Popular Complaint about Aldi

Posted by Complaints Department on Apr 05, 2014
Customer Rating

I have been an Aldi fan for a long time. However, while in this store on Friday April 4th, I noticed the line was unusually long, which, it usually is. I then noticed that a female cashier (wearing a wrist brace) had opened up another register, I assumed to relieve the giant line forming in the only other lane. So I got out of line, losing my spot, as well as a few other customers did and went over. So, after a couple of minutes of standing in line, she rings up two people in front of me and out of nowhere, steps from behind the counter and slaps a “lane closed” sign down on the counter. Me and the other customers behind me are shocked! I say to the cashier “your lane is closed, maam?” and she ignores me. So I thought maybe she didn’t hear me, so I say “Maam?” a little louder, and she snaps out a very rude and curt “YES! IT’S CLOSED! I was shocked, I thought about going back to the other line but it was way to long and I felt very low and embarrassed. I left my groceries and walked out. As well, as one of the other customers that was behind me. She was the only white girl working up front at the time. She had blond hair and a black wrist band on her wrist. What she did was beyond rude and unprofessional. She is going to cost you more customers like me in the future. I hope this complaint reaches the right avenues because if this were my business I would want to know about this employee and deal with her accordingly….

9 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Aldi provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Aldi?

Customer Satisfaction Results
1.95 out of 5
1.95 out of 5 Stars
101 Consumer Reviews

Aldi
Contact Information

I want to write a letter to Aldi. What is their corporate mailing address?

1200 N Kirk Rd
Batavia, IL

I want to call the Aldi customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

(630) 879-8100

I need to visit the Aldi company website. What is their website address?

More Aldi Complaints

Customer Rating

shocking Customer service by store manager (Arpan). On 26/01/15 I bought two packs of kingston pride mangoes and upon consuming the first pack which was not to acceptable standard, I decided to return the second unwrapped pack. When I went to the Holt / Kippax store in ACT to return the item, I was served by the store manager (Arpun) who was very rude, arrogant and disrespectful. In a yelling rude tone he told me that this pack will go in the bin and that I shouldn't have bought it if it was to be returned later. He was very harsh with his choice of words and started mumbling whilst punching hard on the register keys to the point of being abusive. I really didn't expect this appaulling customer service from the store manager. Very disappointed and you guys have lost a long loyal customer because of an incompetent staff member. This staff member needs serious training and have a decilipnary action taken against him to avoid such incidents in future and giving your brand a bad name in the already competitive market. I request a feedback on this matter.

6 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I am upset and disgusted. visited Aldi store in gamble road in Portsmouth to purchase a singer sewing machine this morning 22nd January only to be told that they had sold out however when I asked a member of Aldi staff (MANGER) how many they had had delivered to store the reply was ONE, after viewing it in your flyer I think it is disgusting that there was insufficient amount of this product delivered to the only store in Portsmouth City, I should like to receive feed back about why only one machine was delivered to the store. Disillusioned Aldi customer.

6 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I use the store in Drove Road, Swindon. Since the store has been opened it has gradually been going down hill regarding the availability of goodsthat should be available for sale. Whatever time to go shopping the shelves are never fully stocked. I last went shopping yesterday at 3.00pm The vegetable racks were only about one third stocked, fruit not much better. Both of the types of filter coffee I use was unable (also last week unavailable), No marmite, no porridge oats, no large sausages just to name a few items I couldn't purchase.

When the store opened there used to be a delivery first thing in the morning so if you went shopping about 9am you were well catered for however this is not now the case. The deliveries are now later and seem to deliver whatever there is left from the other two stores in the Swindon area. We had to get used to the fact that the aisles in the store were always full of crates being unloaded, but this is preferable to not having the goods available when needed. I cannot do my entire weeks shop in Aldi anymore having to go to another supermarket also, this I will not carryon doing. If things do not improve myself and other shoppers will be shopping elsewhere. I feel very sorry sorry for the staff in Aldi as they are having to put up with a lot of complaints from customers and it is not in any way their fault.
Will you please treat this complaint as important. Waiting for a reply.

5 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I bought a pack of 2 fresh salmon last week, I thought I would give me and my husband a treat.
When I got home the salmon I opened the vacuum pack and the smell was so bad, I almost vomited.
When I visited my local Aldi store again yesterday I told the assistant manager, who said REALY, I am sorry.
I am a old age pensioner and cannot afford to buy food that I have to put in the bin.

Very unhappy customer,

Alison Paterson.

4 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I have sent emails to Aldi regarding a double airbed I bought last year at Aldi’s in Castleford, it started leaking the second time we used it I had to buy another one so I do not want a replacement I want my £39.99 I paid for it, but as I said no one has bothered to reply it is very annoying,

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I wish to let you know don't have your Christ labeled Cheese & Onion when they taste like plain crisp. I have bought two large bags of Snackerite Cheese & Onion and every bag taste like plain crisp which is rather annoying when I am looking forward to a packet of Cheese & Onion crisp. I would be willing to send you on a packet so you can try yourself. I will make sure that I don't waste any more money in buying these crisp. Thank you.

Customer Rating

I have been an ALDI customer for many tears and I am getting very frustrated about the OUT OF STOCK items we shop for almost every week. The Waukesha, WI store has been out of srock of Canned dog foor for more than a month now. Chaucer dark chocolate is out off and on for a month now. Low fat cottage cheese is out off and on also. If I have to finish our shopping at Walmart or Woodamans in Waukesha I might just as well do all of our shopping at one of these stores and save time. These stores are never if ever out of what we buy weekly. It is just a waste of my time to have to run to more stores to finish shopping. There other tihings that just don’t come to mind that your store has been out of. I don’t know if this is poor management at the store or if something else is the problem. I hope this is fixed soon. time is running out for my trips to ALDI’s store

Customer Rating

Hi myself and my partner went and done some shopping at aldi stores in baguley wythenshawe Manchester. We purchased a pack of sausages and they do not go out of date untill 04/04/2014 they are butchers select sausages. We have opened the packet and the smell Is horrendous. They are in bearable to cook and eat. Like they have been off for months on end. We see this as money wasted and a trip to the stores has been wasted. We love aldi stores and have always used aldi since the day it opened close by. We feel very disappointed in this and it is questioning our thoughts on wanting to continue shopping their if we feel that this is going to happen again.

Customer Rating

I am a 47 year old male and attended the Aldi store on Saturday 29th March at Sheerness- on- sea in Kent. About 2 minutes after entering the store I was approached by a plain clothes security man who showed me his SIA badge. He asked me to remove my hood from over my head, I asked “why” he replied, “it’s the law”. I asked him, “show me under what law that I cannot wear my hood up in your store” I further went onto say I have recently had deep tissue massage to my right side of my neck and I needed to keep this area warm hence why my hood was up. The security person continues to say. “It’s law” but could not produce any documents in writing in law saying wearing your hood up in Aldi is not allowed. He went onto saying, ” you seem like a decent guy” which I found offensive. I pointed out to the security person there was no law in writing stating the wearing of hooded tops in Aldi was forbiddend also it was not a condition of shopping.

I pointed out this may be Aldi’s guidelines or a policy introduced but nothing was shown to me in writing. There was also no signage outside the store stating the conditions of shopping. I hastily pointed out to the security person that he needed to be mindful of saying “it’s law” not to wear your hood up in Aldi’s as he may come across a person who knows the law better than myself who would be happy to “sue” Aldi for a law that does not exist.

Customer Rating

sir my grand son got me this vice for my birthday he got it on friday when he was shoping with is mum so i opend it to day great just what i need as iam sat in my weelchair it suddenly came to me that it was broken so i have taken it back to swap for one that is ok.i then was tould no reciet no swap so i asked is mum it was with the rest of her shoping reciet and as gone now as this is marked workzone and have not seen this brand on sale any were els in grimsby so is ther any chance you can change this vice thanks for any help with this

Customer Rating

I would like to inform who ever it may concern that I reported your store to the newspaper of Bristol as well as reporting your store manager to the labor department the about the treatment of your employees in front of customers. I will not rest until this matter is situated. I am currently calling the Better Bureau as well. I am a loyal customer in that area and I am completely dissatisfied with the store and will be looking to take higher action if this is not taken care of immediately.

Customer Rating

hi I recently bought a pack of jelly babies with other shopping and me and a family member spending over £100 and then yesterday I was horrified to find a plastic jelly babie in the pack but not realising it was in there and bit in to it and was horrified that my large tooth broken off and in shock was then swallowed but not the plastic jelly babie and I wish to make a formal complaint to the fact that one it should not be there and even if it was it should be written on special packs and it is not as I will not take this lightly as the newspapers and facebook pages will love to see this and will not be good for business so please note the dangerouse ness factor of this matter as what would of happened if this was a child it doesn’t bear to think of as im not im 42 years old and not attall happy 07879817568
address is 23 tewington place st Austell cornwall pl255nn
and I have all of the evidence but not the tooth obviously so please sort this matter immediately
kind regards ian brooks

29th march 2014

Customer Rating

So I queue up to a lady’s til whose til is pty due to her customer paying ,little did I see she had a closed sign on her checkout so I was d by the server to go to the other checkout that was full !
So I go to the other checkout only for the supervisor to walk over and tel her to take her closed sign off as she’s stil open and so called the next customer which should have been me !
At this point I am now in a long queue and late for my time of leaving

When I get to the cashier and question why I was shoved aside when actually she should have been staying open she replied “but she was full this is how aldi do it” I reied “no I’m sorry she wasn’t she was empty hence I chose to queue there ” she then replied”no she was full this is how aldi do it and I was empty”I reied “no you was full hence I went to the second till as it was empty ”
This causing a row for me at the front and the cashier claiming she was correct whilst shoving my food shopping to one side !
Really not impressed , never known such ride staff especially to argue that she was correct when I know for a fact that I was shove aside for no reason !

I I wasn’t I an rush to pick up my child I would have called the supervisor on this as I am mortally embarrassed at the way she spoke to me

I think the staff at aldi need to be re trained on how to respond to an u happy customer especially since I am a regular and work in customer services myself

Customer Rating

Only second time I have used Aldi, spent considerable time comparing products and prices, decided reasonable time to change my ways. So went across to town for cash and returned to shop, quite pleased. Then I receive a parking fined for being apparently 19 mins over an allotted time. Paid it but back to old ways, aldi, never again.

Sent from my iPad,

Dear Aldi,

I was given a K-fee machine for Mother’s Day last year. Since then, you seemed to have less variety of Expressi capsules and I love the lesser strength i.e. strength 4, 5, 6 but not usually stronger than that. My favourite was strength 5 green Perugia and Decaffi strength 2.

I have checked out your stores at Gosford and Wyoming and they seem to supply Expressi valletta strength 6 and decaffi strength 7, and good reliable Chai latte – thank goodness for that.

I am running out of my previous supply of Ferra- S 3, tauro – S5.

Kindly advise why the change and the less variety of capsules for your own brand machine!! Can I go to another store for the old supply of capsules.

Jeanette Beswick. (Phone 02 43292386)

Customer Rating

We have been to Aldi several times over the past few weeks and found the products that we bought very good. We have had some of their meat joints which were very nice, but we cooked a Rolled Lamb joint a couple of weeks ago and we could not eat it was a very big disappointment as we had to have a Sunday dinner but no meat.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Mrs J. Walker on 03/23/2014 at IP address 92.237.177.87 using our Aldi complaint form. This opinions contained in this Aldi customer review titled, “Rolled Lamb” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

As regular customers to your store in eastern avenue southend on sea Essex, we have noticed for the third time after buying the cat food vita cat in the boxes, that there have been pouches missing from the box, instead of the normal 12 pouches, today when we got home there was 7 in one box and 9 in the other box I know this might seem a bit petty, but we do spend around 120 pound a week at your store, and we will continue to do so, but please could this be addressed thanks …. nick bailey
15 Vincent close
shoeburyness
southend on sea
Essex
ss39ff

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Nicholas Bailey on 03/21/2014 at IP address 81.152.188.108 using our aldi complaint form. This opinions contained in this aldi customer review titled, “missing cat food” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I was starting to bag my food which I have done sine they opened. I do shopping for 3 different people so it was all in section. I started bagging my items, after bagging two bags. The deputy manager started saying but it in the if you don’t no then the staff need more training, repeating herself. I was not aware that I had to do this. So I said just one moment but I need to sort this stuff out. She started scanning the food even fasting pushing and putting it all on top of each other. Then pushed all the food in the trolley on top of all different items. I had eggs cakes etc. I totally get now that this is how your system works. But she didn’t ask me or explain this she was very rude with her deliver and aggressive,. which then made me defensive as other customers just looked on. I was very embarrassed. I asked to see the manager she just smiled and said im the manager. Then no reply. I am a very good customer at this store, and have praised the store to friend and encouraged them to go there. I have also been satisfied with everything down to value for money, the customer service and I have never wrote a complaint about anything before but I was totally shocked by her behaviour.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Rachel Harvey on 03/18/2014 at IP address 94.197.121.113 using our Aldi in harstoke winchester complaint form. This opinions contained in this Aldi in harstoke winchester customer review titled, “Rude behaviour from deputy manager” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

Hello, as we are on a budget, as many other people are, that’s why we shopped at Aldi, purchased these ham trimming for lunchboxes for my kids. I thought they would be on par to Icelands Ham ends. Oh my god how can you possibly sell these, they are not fit for sale! They taste like you are chewing rubber, they are disgusting. I am a family of six and everyone said the same.There not even trimmings they are tough round pieces of rubber. You’ve let me down Aldi. Wont be buying these again. Ime £1.65 worse off now.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by KAREN WILKES on 03/18/2014 at IP address 94.173.202.233 using our ALDI complaint form. This opinions contained in this ALDI customer review titled, “VALUE COOKED HAM TRIMMINGS £1.65″ do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

I was shoping with my friend in aldi of Brandon Suffolk, paid for my goods and one 3p bag which when I went to fill it had a hole in the side, my freind went back to get a replacement, but picked up two by mistake,
at this point the till girl took the bags away before I could return them, she was VERY RUDE, and made my
freind cry my frend may I point out at this point is 70 years old.

Customer Rating

Whilst waiting in line to be served at Altona Gate shopping center (ALDI). A customer had asked for assistance from the young cashier to purchase goods from the glass cabinets at the front of the Aldi store. The Cashier called the Aldi Manger on duty (Riley) for assistance / customer service. After serving the customer Riley (Female) announced in front of all the customers to the young cashier "Not call her down again, as there was another employee standing right there who could have assisted the customer." Riley spoke in a very aggressive,threatening & intimidating tone towards the young cashier. As a store Manager Riley should know that this inappropriate, unprofessional & unacceptable behavior. Riley needs retraining in professional development. We do not treat our employees in such an appalling manner.

Customer Rating

I purchased a package of Casa Mamita taco shells which were to have 12 in the package. I only received 11. I do not mind paying for a certain product but I expect to get what I pay for.

Customer Rating

trollys still blocking cat park. wet trollys nothing to dry them with . large puddles uneven ground customers have to maneuver this to get to cars.then find a trolly park near. no markings in car park for people walking with trolly. disgrace you have not considered customers at all. you just want more space to sell your merchandise.wont be back at least lidils trollys are at door they look after their customers...

Customer Rating

Today I had the worst experience at Aldi's. Never in my life have I been treated so rudely by store security. At one point I actually feared that the security officer was going to put his hands on me to physically move me out of his way. This person did not even have enough respect to ask me to get out of his way . This is the last time I will be shopping at Aldi's although the price is right , I do not like being treated like a criminal every time I go into a store.

Customer Rating

I shop at the Aldi in Cheadle Heath, Stockport. I have just got back from there and I still have steam coming out of my ears! The "gentleman" behind me was only purchasing 2 items, which I failed to notice as the store was very busy. I had an item of clothing to return, which I gave to the cashier after loading the conveyer belt. At this point the "gentleman" behind me started huffing and puffing and being abusive. He told me I was slow to unload my shopping - I wasn't - but that's beside the point. The manager then opened 2 other tills which other people rushed to so he became even more abusive and complained that 'she' (I) was slow and now I was returning something. I replied that I had waited my turn and was allowed to return an item. At this point, frustrated, I told him to go before me, which he did, the whole time complaining about how slow I was. I told him that he will probably slow down when he gets to my age (60). I also told him to hurry home and drink his 2 four packs of lager and chill out. Apparently it was only OK for him to ridicule me and did not like it when the boot was on the other foot!

The lady at the next till, who had observed the fracas, then complained to the manager and said that the 'gentleman' should be banned from the shop. The manager said that the "gentleman" had not shouted. The manager then approached me, after the guy had left the shop and virtually blamed me. He started with "I'm the manager' so I told him to do the job he is being paid for and that he should have intervened.The cashier incidentally was very apologetic. He waited until the guy left the shop because it was easier to deal with a little woman. Well - this woman has a voice and unless you train your so called managers to a better standard, I for one will not be shopping at Aldi again. Cheap -yes, food - quality -yes, customer service- not quite got it. A manager should be able to cope with simple customer relations and sort customer disputes out in a fair manner. As a Brit when I go anywhere I know I have to queue, so should everybody else accept that. I only expect to be treated fairly and in this instance I wasn't

Customer Rating

I have recently purchased two tubs of you liquid sachets from your Blaby branch, Leicester. several laundry washes have resulted in a gunky residue left on the items washed. machine has been on warm and hot washes and full and half loads, however this problem has happened on several occasions causing the items to be rewashed. I look forward to your prompt reply, Ms G Duggan

Customer Rating

Bought 10 pack Snackrite Cheese Curls on Friday 16th August in Glenrothes store one bag still sealed and was completely empty, second time this has happened. Once before there was only 4 packets in bag which should have held 10 packets. Store no longer stocks them.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Alex McLean. on 09/09/2013 at IP address 86.146.245.37 using our Aldi Stores, PO Box 26, Atherstone, Warwickshire CV9 2SH. complaint form. This opinions contained in this Aldi Stores, PO Box 26, Atherstone, Warwickshire CV9 2SH. customer review titled, "Bought 10 pack Snackrite Cheesecurls 6th August in Glenrothes store." do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Customer Rating

Recently went into local Aldi store and after shopping which included milk and ice cream got to the checkout to be told that it was cash payments only as the chip and pin machines wernt working. We were then advised to leave the shopping and go to a cash point a couple of minutes down the road to then wait in a cue for the cash point. In the meantime my ice cream is melting.

I asked to see a manager but the young girl I spoke to asked the reason why I wished to see the manager so I said I was unhappy with what I had to do and all she said was" sorry but there is nothing we can do" I myself work for a large supermarket chain and we would never ask the customer why they want to see the manager.

The customer asked to see a manager then that is what should happen and we would never expect our customers to abandon their shopping to get cash instead we have the old school manual card swipers. ready if our chip and pin machine system should go down.

We also have a 20 minute rule that if a freezer or fridge item is out for longer than this time then it has to be disposed of. Well my purchases had been out for this period of time as I had walked around the shop and then had to go to the cash point. I explained that I had the milk and ice cream but she just thought " sorry " was sufficient.

This experience has put me off visiting that store again as it seemed that the staff don't care yet the Aldi website says that the staff in all of their stores are trained to a high standard of customer care and service but I feel that wasn't the case here. My point is that we should have been advised of the problem before we made our purchases. I have to make a complaint here as Adli don't seem to have an e-mail address to put complaints to

Customer Rating

I went in to aldi yesterday, the northfield store, I was with my nephew in his pushchair, and I went round the corner to another isle and I noticed the wheel on the pushchair was bumpy, so I had a look because I thought it mite of been chewing gum, and it was a nail stuck in the wheel!! Why there was a nail on the floor I will never no, that is really dangerous! What if a child had fell on that?? So now there's a nail in the nephews pushchair and have to get it fixed. I told the girl that served me about it and she said "oh I don't think its aldi's responsability I'm not sure" well I was telling her that its bad that there's nails lying about and she didn't care?!? I am really annoyed!

Customer Rating

In April this year I completed a questionnaire rating my experience shopping at Aldi in my local store and was advised that this rendered me eligible for a £10 voucher to use against my weekly shop. I subsequently completed a questionnaire online which Aldi e-mailed to me. In May I received communication from an individual called Andrew Robinson from a company called Man Mew asking which store I wished to use my voucher in. I advised him that I wished to use it in Glencairn Square, Kilmarnock. To date I have not received my voucher. I have e-mailed Andrew Robinson twice regarding this but received no reply.
I am a frequent customer in Aldi both here and in Germany and I must admit that I am surprised at this oversight and at a company which prides itself on good customer service failing to uphold their end of the bargain.
I hope that you can resolve this for me and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Regards