Customer Satisfaction Results

Aldi

Complaint Department

Posted by Complaints Department on Apr 05, 2014
Customer Rating

I have been an Aldi fan for a long time. However, while in this store on Friday April 4th, I noticed the line was unusually long, which, it usually is. I then noticed that a female cashier (wearing a wrist brace) had opened up another register, I assumed to relieve the giant line forming in the only other lane. So I got out of line, losing my spot, as well as a few other customers did and went over. So, after a couple of minutes of standing in line, she rings up two people in front of me and out of nowhere, steps from behind the counter and slaps a “lane closed” sign down on the counter. Me and the other customers behind me are shocked! I say to the cashier “your lane is closed, maam?” and she ignores me. So I thought maybe she didn’t hear me, so I say “Maam?” a little louder, and she snaps out a very rude and curt “YES! IT’S CLOSED! I was shocked, I thought about going back to the other line but it was way to long and I felt very low and embarrassed. I left my groceries and walked out. As well, as one of the other customers that was behind me. She was the only white girl working up front at the time. She had blond hair and a black wrist band on her wrist. What she did was beyond rude and unprofessional. She is going to cost you more customers like me in the future. I hope this complaint reaches the right avenues because if this were my business I would want to know about this employee and deal with her accordingly….

12 Customers agree with this feedback

Did Aldi provide poor service? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Aldi?

Compare Aldi to Similar Supermarkets more...

More Aldi Complaints

Customer Rating

shocking Customer service by store manager (Arpan). On 26/01/15 I bought two packs of kingston pride mangoes and upon consuming the first pack which was not to acceptable standard, I decided to return the second unwrapped pack. When I went to the Holt / Kippax store in ACT to return the item, I was served by the store manager (Arpun) who was very rude, arrogant and disrespectful. In a yelling rude tone he told me that this pack will go in the bin and that I shouldn't have bought it if it was to be returned later. He was very harsh with his choice of words and started mumbling whilst punching hard on the register keys to the point of being abusive. I really didn't expect this appaulling customer service from the store manager. Very disappointed and you guys have lost a long loyal customer because of an incompetent staff member. This staff member needs serious training and have a decilipnary action taken against him to avoid such incidents in future and giving your brand a bad name in the already competitive market. I request a feedback on this matter.

7 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I am upset and disgusted. visited Aldi store in gamble road in Portsmouth to purchase a singer sewing machine this morning 22nd January only to be told that they had sold out however when I asked a member of Aldi staff (MANGER) how many they had had delivered to store the reply was ONE, after viewing it in your flyer I think it is disgusting that there was insufficient amount of this product delivered to the only store in Portsmouth City, I should like to receive feed back about why only one machine was delivered to the store. Disillusioned Aldi customer.

7 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I bought a pack of 2 fresh salmon last week, I thought I would give me and my husband a treat.
When I got home the salmon I opened the vacuum pack and the smell was so bad, I almost vomited.
When I visited my local Aldi store again yesterday I told the assistant manager, who said REALY, I am sorry.
I am a old age pensioner and cannot afford to buy food that I have to put in the bin.

Very unhappy customer,

Alison Paterson.

6 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I use the store in Drove Road, Swindon. Since the store has been opened it has gradually been going down hill regarding the availability of goodsthat should be available for sale. Whatever time to go shopping the shelves are never fully stocked. I last went shopping yesterday at 3.00pm The vegetable racks were only about one third stocked, fruit not much better. Both of the types of filter coffee I use was unable (also last week unavailable), No marmite, no porridge oats, no large sausages just to name a few items I couldn't purchase.

When the store opened there used to be a delivery first thing in the morning so if you went shopping about 9am you were well catered for however this is not now the case. The deliveries are now later and seem to deliver whatever there is left from the other two stores in the Swindon area. We had to get used to the fact that the aisles in the store were always full of crates being unloaded, but this is preferable to not having the goods available when needed. I cannot do my entire weeks shop in Aldi anymore having to go to another supermarket also, this I will not carryon doing. If things do not improve myself and other shoppers will be shopping elsewhere. I feel very sorry sorry for the staff in Aldi as they are having to put up with a lot of complaints from customers and it is not in any way their fault.
Will you please treat this complaint as important. Waiting for a reply.

5 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I have sent emails to Aldi regarding a double airbed I bought last year at Aldi’s in Castleford, it started leaking the second time we used it I had to buy another one so I do not want a replacement I want my £39.99 I paid for it, but as I said no one has bothered to reply it is very annoying,

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I would like to inform who ever it may concern that I reported your store to the newspaper of Bristol as well as reporting your store manager to the labor department the about the treatment of your employees in front of customers. I will not rest until this matter is situated. I am currently calling the Better Bureau as well. I am a loyal customer in that area and I am completely dissatisfied with the store and will be looking to take higher action if this is not taken care of immediately.

3 Customers agree with this feedback

Customer Rating

I wish to let you know don't have your Christ labeled Cheese & Onion when they taste like plain crisp. I have bought two large bags of Snackerite Cheese & Onion and every bag taste like plain crisp which is rather annoying when I am looking forward to a packet of Cheese & Onion crisp. I would be willing to send you on a packet so you can try yourself. I will make sure that I don't waste any more money in buying these crisp. Thank you.

Customer Rating

My wife has been working for Aldi's for 3 years at 59st and Pennsylvania Ave. Oklahoma City, OK. She isn't there just for the money. She is what you call a team player who believes in Aldi's to be the best retail store in america. The store had a recent change in management (Nicole) who tries to run the store like she is a marine. My wife and I were at a family function when Nicole sent a group text to all employees at 9:00 PM ordering the staff to come in immediately. My wife text her back and try to explain to her hat it was impossible to do so since we were 1.5 hours away. her repley was (NOPE) meaning unexceptable. So then she ordered all management staff to be in at 5;00 am ready for work. In fear of my wife possibly losing her job she did just that. There are numerous complaints from other employees about her tactics. This is a law suit waiting to happen. This needs to stop now.

Customer Rating

I have been an ALDI customer for many tears and I am getting very frustrated about the OUT OF STOCK items we shop for almost every week. The Waukesha, WI store has been out of srock of Canned dog foor for more than a month now. Chaucer dark chocolate is out off and on for a month now. Low fat cottage cheese is out off and on also. If I have to finish our shopping at Walmart or Woodamans in Waukesha I might just as well do all of our shopping at one of these stores and save time. These stores are never if ever out of what we buy weekly. It is just a waste of my time to have to run to more stores to finish shopping. There other tihings that just don’t come to mind that your store has been out of. I don’t know if this is poor management at the store or if something else is the problem. I hope this is fixed soon. time is running out for my trips to ALDI’s store

Customer Rating

Hi myself and my partner went and done some shopping at aldi stores in baguley wythenshawe Manchester. We purchased a pack of sausages and they do not go out of date untill 04/04/2014 they are butchers select sausages. We have opened the packet and the smell Is horrendous. They are in bearable to cook and eat. Like they have been off for months on end. We see this as money wasted and a trip to the stores has been wasted. We love aldi stores and have always used aldi since the day it opened close by. We feel very disappointed in this and it is questioning our thoughts on wanting to continue shopping their if we feel that this is going to happen again.

Customer Rating

I am a 47 year old male and attended the Aldi store on Saturday 29th March at Sheerness- on- sea in Kent. About 2 minutes after entering the store I was approached by a plain clothes security man who showed me his SIA badge. He asked me to remove my hood from over my head, I asked “why” he replied, “it’s the law”. I asked him, “show me under what law that I cannot wear my hood up in your store” I further went onto say I have recently had deep tissue massage to my right side of my neck and I needed to keep this area warm hence why my hood was up. The security person continues to say. “It’s law” but could not produce any documents in writing in law saying wearing your hood up in Aldi is not allowed. He went onto saying, ” you seem like a decent guy” which I found offensive. I pointed out to the security person there was no law in writing stating the wearing of hooded tops in Aldi was forbiddend also it was not a condition of shopping.

I pointed out this may be Aldi’s guidelines or a policy introduced but nothing was shown to me in writing. There was also no signage outside the store stating the conditions of shopping. I hastily pointed out to the security person that he needed to be mindful of saying “it’s law” not to wear your hood up in Aldi’s as he may come across a person who knows the law better than myself who would be happy to “sue” Aldi for a law that does not exist.

Customer Rating

sir my grand son got me this vice for my birthday he got it on friday when he was shoping with is mum so i opend it to day great just what i need as iam sat in my weelchair it suddenly came to me that it was broken so i have taken it back to swap for one that is ok.i then was tould no reciet no swap so i asked is mum it was with the rest of her shoping reciet and as gone now as this is marked workzone and have not seen this brand on sale any were els in grimsby so is ther any chance you can change this vice thanks for any help with this

Customer Rating

hi I recently bought a pack of jelly babies with other shopping and me and a family member spending over £100 and then yesterday I was horrified to find a plastic jelly babie in the pack but not realising it was in there and bit in to it and was horrified that my large tooth broken off and in shock was then swallowed but not the plastic jelly babie and I wish to make a formal complaint to the fact that one it should not be there and even if it was it should be written on special packs and it is not as I will not take this lightly as the newspapers and facebook pages will love to see this and will not be good for business so please note the dangerouse ness factor of this matter as what would of happened if this was a child it doesn’t bear to think of as im not im 42 years old and not attall happy 07879817568
address is 23 tewington place st Austell cornwall pl255nn
and I have all of the evidence but not the tooth obviously so please sort this matter immediately
kind regards ian brooks

29th march 2014

Customer Rating

So I queue up to a lady’s til whose til is pty due to her customer paying ,little did I see she had a closed sign on her checkout so I was d by the server to go to the other checkout that was full !
So I go to the other checkout only for the supervisor to walk over and tel her to take her closed sign off as she’s stil open and so called the next customer which should have been me !
At this point I am now in a long queue and late for my time of leaving

When I get to the cashier and question why I was shoved aside when actually she should have been staying open she replied “but she was full this is how aldi do it” I reied “no I’m sorry she wasn’t she was empty hence I chose to queue there ” she then replied”no she was full this is how aldi do it and I was empty”I reied “no you was full hence I went to the second till as it was empty ”
This causing a row for me at the front and the cashier claiming she was correct whilst shoving my food shopping to one side !
Really not impressed , never known such ride staff especially to argue that she was correct when I know for a fact that I was shove aside for no reason !

I I wasn’t I an rush to pick up my child I would have called the supervisor on this as I am mortally embarrassed at the way she spoke to me

I think the staff at aldi need to be re trained on how to respond to an u happy customer especially since I am a regular and work in customer services myself

Customer Rating

I went into the aldi store in cwmbran South Wales this evening and due to poor weather conditions the entrance to the store was soaking wet as a result I slipped there was no measures being taken to ensure that the floor was not slippery only a small matted area in the entrance but as soon as you entered the store the floor was soaking wet. It had been snowing all day and therefore measures should have been taken to ensure that the entrance was more safer the small mat at the entrance was not sufficient. Surely measures need to be taken to ensure the entrance is a lot safer especially during such poor weather. The floor was wet to at least half way down the first isle of the store. I find this extremely unexceptable

Customer Rating

I went into the store at 1700 on tues 4th of march, the store did not have what I was after so I left the store, as I was leaving the store the security guard grabbed me and took my bag from me. He emptied my bag on the side in full view of other shoppers,Mathis caused me great embarrassment even though I had receipts for everything that was in my bag! The security guard was very aggressive and rude, he didn't apologise for the misunderstanding and just told me to go. I told him that I'd like to speak to the manager to which he replied that there was no manager! A checkout worker then sent for the manageress, she came along and asked me what the problem was, so I explained that I was unfairly treated by the security guard. She didn't see that there was a problem so I asked for the area managers details, she told me that she couldn't give me his details and that i could fill out a complaint form, but she didn't have any!! I was very disappointed with how I was treated as I was a regular customer of Aldi and enjoyed shopping there, I am now put off going there due to the aggressive security guard and the embarrassment that was caused.
Many Thanks
Matt Hillier

Customer Rating

I bought 2 bottles of veive olivier fizzy wine for a dinner party I was holding,opened the 1st & poured it out, the look on my guests face when they took a sip was of shear disgust! I tried mine it was flat so I gathered up the glasses & opened the 2nd bottle, it was even worst.

So next day on sun 13th jan I took the wine back, where a polish girl was very rude & abrupt to me as if I was pulling a fast one, she shouted at me "money back or replacement", everybody was looking round at us. I tried to explain about about my guests & driving about I had to do, but she didnt want to know.

She opened her till & thrust my money at me, I took the money & left the store feeling so humiliated,degraded & unhappy with what I got & how I was treated !!!. I use this shop about 10 times a wk so until I get some sort of recompense & apology I will not be returning.

Customer Rating

Only second time I have used Aldi, spent considerable time comparing products and prices, decided reasonable time to change my ways. So went across to town for cash and returned to shop, quite pleased. Then I receive a parking fined for being apparently 19 mins over an allotted time. Paid it but back to old ways, aldi, never again.

Sent from my iPad,

Dear Aldi,

I was given a K-fee machine for Mother’s Day last year. Since then, you seemed to have less variety of Expressi capsules and I love the lesser strength i.e. strength 4, 5, 6 but not usually stronger than that. My favourite was strength 5 green Perugia and Decaffi strength 2.

I have checked out your stores at Gosford and Wyoming and they seem to supply Expressi valletta strength 6 and decaffi strength 7, and good reliable Chai latte – thank goodness for that.

I am running out of my previous supply of Ferra- S 3, tauro – S5.

Kindly advise why the change and the less variety of capsules for your own brand machine!! Can I go to another store for the old supply of capsules.

Jeanette Beswick. (Phone 02 43292386)

Customer Rating

We have been to Aldi several times over the past few weeks and found the products that we bought very good. We have had some of their meat joints which were very nice, but we cooked a Rolled Lamb joint a couple of weeks ago and we could not eat it was a very big disappointment as we had to have a Sunday dinner but no meat.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Mrs J. Walker on 03/23/2014 at IP address 92.237.177.87 using our Aldi complaint form. This opinions contained in this Aldi customer review titled, “Rolled Lamb” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Contact the Aldi Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Aldi. What is their corporate mailing address?

1200 N Kirk Rd , Batavia, IL
  • I want to call the Aldi customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

(630) 879-8100
  • I need to visit the Aldi company website. What is their website address?