Customer Satisfaction Results

Complaint Department

Posted by Christine James
Apr 05, 2014
Poor

I have been an Aldi fan for a long time. However, while in this store on Friday April 4th, I noticed the line was unusually long, which, it usually is. I then noticed that a female cashier (wearing a wrist brace) had opened up another register, I assumed to relieve the giant line forming in the only other lane. So I got out of line, losing my spot, as well as a few other customers did and went over. So, after a couple of minutes of standing in line, she rings up two people in front of me and out of nowhere, steps from behind the counter and slaps a “lane closed” sign down on the counter. Me and the other customers behind me are shocked! I say to the cashier “your lane is closed, maam?” and she ignores me. So I thought maybe she didn’t hear me, so I say “Maam?” a little louder, and she snaps out a very rude and curt “YES! IT’S CLOSED! I was shocked, I thought about going back to the other line but it was way to long and I felt very low and embarrassed. I left my groceries and walked out. As well, as one of the other customers that was behind me. She was the only white girl working up front at the time. She had blond hair and a black wrist band on her wrist. What she did was beyond rude and unprofessional. She is going to cost you more customers like me in the future. I hope this complaint reaches the right avenues because if this were my business I would want to know about this employee and deal with her accordingly….

Have you had problems with Aldi?

Compare Aldi to Similar Supermarkets more...

Top 155 Reviews about Aldi

The most popular submitted in 2015. Are you a Aldi customer? Use our online web form to create your own.

Horrible

On Tuesday, at the Aldi store on Heswall Wirral, the shop was a mess. Boxes littered the floor, half of the stock was not on the shelves, no milk, and when I got to the check out only 2 girls serving. I loaded my shopping on to the conveyer belt and the girl said load on to number 1 please. So I did then she said I meant number 3. So I unloaded my things again, moved on to the other till, and the assistants were shouting to each other. I had to go to Asda in the end because I could not get half of the things I wanted. The manager should be ashamed of himself. I won't be going back there again!

Poor

I am a regular shopper at Aldi East Kilbride and am usually very pleased with your customer service. Today I picked up, as well as my usual shop, a copy of The Times which I did not realise you stocked. I have a longstanding prepayment agreement with The Times for which they issue me with a daily coupon to use in exchange for my copy.

I have used these coupons all over Britian in many shops, kiosks, supermarkets and garages to exchange for my newspaper but today I was informed by the manager of the EK branch that this would not be possible because "we only accept Aldi vouchers"

I find this practise very disappointing as I have never met this reaction before. I will also be writing to The Times to let them know of my experience.

Horrible

I visited your shop on Beverley Road Hull on May 12, 2015, to get some groceries which I go 2 or 3 times a week and spend quite allot of money. I have always found your staff pleasant and helpful, but on the date above, I have never in my whole life felt humiliated and upset.

I had paid for my shopping and proceded to leave the shop when I saw an old neighbor who I hadn't seen for years at the next till. I stopped to talk to her and the cashier who was serving my old neighbor shouted to the person who served me if I paid for that shopping in the trolley. He shouted it out loudly, twice. The person who served me replied to him yes. I also told the cashier that I had paid for it and I have never stolen in my live and I am not going to start now.

When I walked out the shop other customers who heard the cashier were shouting to me "hey misses have you paid for that shopping?" How embarrassing to be in that situation!! I suffer with depression and went home upset and crying. I am now thinking of taking my service elsewhere. I hope this matter gets addressed because I would not wish any body else to go through that situation!! I am too embarrassed to ever go back to that establishment!

Horrible

I was in your branch 1-4 London Road, Brighton, BN1 4JA today (8th April 2015), and as there was no Sour dough bread on the shelf. I asked if the "assistant" stacking the bread (Who I describe as being male-podgy- mid 30's-long hair and with foreign accent) to please have a look in the bakery at the back of the shop (as I don't eat non-sour dough bread). He just looked at me and said "we don't have". I again politely asked him to look in the bakery, and he just turned his back on me and refused to continue a conversation.

I went to to another part of the shop and asked another assistant to look for me, and explained the problem I'd had with the previous assistant. This person looked and found many Sour dough Bloomers in the bakery, as I expected.

As I continued with my shop, I saw the initial unhelpful assistant, and I told him the bread was in stock, contrary to what he insisted.
To add insult to injury, he replied " what you want from me"? I then pointed out that he was a customer assistant, and I was a customer, to which he then replied " whatever"!

I then pointed out how rude and unprofessional he was, and he just laughed and pretended he couldn't understand English. I then spoke to him in Italian and Spanish, to which he also claimed not to be able to understand.

I have seen the same person be off with customers in the past, so I wasn't totally surprised by his behavior. I spoke to an assistant and also the security guard who both apologised.

Please highlight this issue with your management at Aldi Brighton, as his unbelievable arrogance -disinterest and rudeness go against the courteous and polite helpful assistants you do have working there, as well as being totally uncalled for and likely to cause a serious situation.

I imagine the manager there would surely be aware of his behavior, and I would appreciate some feedback.

Poor

My personal experience was good the staff were very helpful to me. I was how ever quite shocked to witness several members of staff ridiculing some customers quite loudly calling them names I found the this to be very unprofessional even if the customers were stinky. Which was repeated at some length!

Horrible

The opportunity that I was finally given MT trainee came with ill intentions, but I excepted the challenges of my responsibilities all the same and put my all into trying to be the best MT. I could've been without any previous training.

Four months into my new position, the work became more and more overwhelming, but the more I reached out to my DM for help the less I got. She would always point out the negatives but wouldn't give solutions on how to resolve them. I did my best trying to handle it on my own. My previous district manager abandon store 11 or either she was following orders to push me out & make me quit. Either way I devoted hard work and long hours trying to maintain store 11 in the Jefferson division which without the proper development was next to impossible.

The work environment slowly became more hostile with ever negative visit, resulting in decrease moral and pride from myself and from other staff members. Nevertheless, we continued to try to no avail. Thursday April 22nd I showed up for my schedule shift at 5 am but was once again placed in another hostile situation by my previous DM. Because of that, I walked away to avoid any and all unforeseen circumstances that could've resulted in me being terminated. Which ended up happening anyways because I wouldn't work a unscheduled overnight shift on the same day.

I had already worked a 10 hr shift then double back at 5am for a 10 plus hr. shift the following day. It truly saddens me deeply that it has to come to this far after 7 years of dedicated works without much incentive to have not be given a fair hand in obtaining my goals. Aldi could be a better company if it treated all workers fairly and provided training facilities or simulations stores for their employees so that they can be better suited to endure for the long haul.

This type of screening & training would definitely help in the company's high turnovers. I would've never thought that 7 years I would be fired especially after sticking it out during the 4th quarter last year while my mom battle cancer when I should've taken a leave of absent to care for mom properly instead I took one for the team, I guess you live and you learn.

Horrible

I went into the Newquay store today the 25th and noticed an assistant loading fruit and veggies into trays according to date, when I approached the goods I was told they are to be destroyed. This was at 4:00 pm, the store does not close till 8.00. Surely it should have discounted for customers.

I was also at that point contemplating purchasing the Aberdeen angus/burgers with a 30% discount. A member of staff ran out from the stock room whispered to another member of staff and then went and collected up all the burgers and took them in the stock room.

I am a loyal shopper and feel I should have the option to buy if there any offers available I should have first choice, bad customer service, or maybe your staff are extremely under paid.

Horrible

I entered the store on Saturday 2nd May 2015 to buy some alcohol for a family party I was on the way to. I had my cousins with me as they were also going to the party and I picked them up on the way, their ages ranged from 15-17 years old. I am 30 years old. They came in the store to help me. I queued at the check out to pay whilst my cousins waited behind me chatting. The checkout girl disappeared for 5 minutes and I could see she was talking to her manager who very quickly scuttled off.

When she came back she very rudely said that she cannot serve me. I asked why, and she said 'well do any of them have I.D?', I said of course they don't they're not old enough to drink?! I pointed out that this alcohol was being purchased for a family party that we were all on our way too and I was myself that was buying the alcohol. The checkout girl told me that it was illegal to serve me because they stood there with me.

Then proceeded to be extremely rude and subservient. A gentleman in the queue said tell your cousins to sit in the car and the checkout girl said no that won't work as I know they're there. She then proceeded to call security even though I hadn't raised my voice at any point I was just clearly pointing out how ridiculous this was.

If she had said 'I'm sorry' I have to ask as its part of my job, I perhaps would have reacted differently, but the fact she caused such a huge scene and clearly took great pleasure in being as rude as possible to me I was not willing to accept this.

Then to add insult to injury the guy who was on the checkout behind the one I stood at said as I walked past ' have a good evening'. I've never been so unnecessarily humiliated in my life. Absolutely zero thought for their customers or the shops reputation. I've never been so disgusted.

Poor

I love to shop at ALDI's store at 8448 Seneca Turnpike, New Hartford, NY. On Saturday last, the 2nd of May, I shopped there again. I was served by a Jessica. There was no customers ahead or behind me. It was very quiet. I thought I was overcharged for what I purchased. When I arrived home I checked my ALDI receipt. Jessica had charged me for pears which I did not purchase. I was really irked. I returned to the store on Sunday morning and I was reimbursed by the manager. You should do a thorough check on applicants prior to they being hired. These employees should be made accountable.

Horrible

I was recently a new hire for the Aldi location on Elvis Presley, in Memphis, Tennessee. I feel like I was discriminated against in orientation. I attended orientation at the new location of 6626 Goodman Rd. In Olive branch by one of your store managers by the name of April. I notified the district manager by the name of Mandarin Langford. The entire month of April has passed, and I do not know if I was terminated or if anything was done to resolve the situation. No one has contacted me nor have I received any kind of termination notice. What can I do about this situation before I try calling the EEOC on this company for personal discrimination against me by April. Your company orientation is being operated in a very unprofessional manner.

Horrible

I went to Aldi store in Kissimmee Florida on 192, the newest store been there many times today April 23 2015 went to my groceries. On the counter I took a divider and put up my groceries. A customer in front got mad at me, I don't know why but that's what you do at any food store. The cashier told me that I don't put things up like that and told I was rude why the next counter next to me did same thing manager came out and made me feel I was a bad person sharing in the same belief as the cashier. I told them why do you have the divider on the counter. They still scrolled me like a child. I would never shop here again store manager told fine no loss, we don't need you!

Horrible

I was accused of stealing 2 bottles of wine in your Boscombe store and asked to empty my £11 50 worth of shopping and asked about 2 bottles of wine which I bought in a previous shop next door and made to feel insulted and spoken to horribly by the man at the counter as if I had done something wrong. Well maybe I did by going to your store in the first place. The security guard was much better behaved than the your own shop assistant. I regularly use this store and feel hurt being spoken to this way especially in front of my sick girlfriend who was crying when we left. The security guard said not to to listen to the store man, and said he apologize for him which I think he should have done himself. I am really really upset

Horrible

I shop at Aldi's probably 2 or 3 times weekly. Yesterday, 4/22/15 after my purchase was totaled, I found an error with the cost of tomatoes. The charge was $1.69 and the package had an advertised price of $.89. The person operating the register called her supervisor who checked to see if I was right or wrong. After seeing the advertised price she changed the sign as I waited in line. Once she made he corrections, she instructed her employee at the register to refund my money. No apology, no attempt to charge the amount the item was listed for, just here's my money back that's the end of it. I have shopped probably 100 or more stores in the greater West Palm Beach and no cost dispute never ended with my money being refunded. It was their error and I was offended. A customer observed what happened and agreed. Aldi's have good prices on much of their products, but I doubt I will ever go back to that store again.

Bad

I would like to formally complain regarding a parking charge that I have received from Parking Eye on the 29/03/14 for parking at the Oldham and Chadderton store for over the stated one and a half hours permitted time. Firstly I wasn't aware of the time restriction that is in place or I would of adhered to this however I have parked there to shop on many many occasions and never received any form of charge. I had visited the B&M store first then went into Aldi to complete my weekly shop and spent in excess of £100.00 in both stores, I now feel angry and aggrieved as a loyal Aldi shopper that I have received this after spending a lot of money on the said day, I understand this will need to be looked at by yourselves and I am happy to produce my bank statement as proof of purchase, I have also appealed this with Parking eye to which they state they will respond in the next 14 days, I hope this can be resolved as I will definitely look for an alternative place to shop as I don't feel this is very shopper friendly practice.

Horrible

I live in Honey Church Close in Redditch which is behind where the Aldi store is on Trafford Park retail park. Please can you tell me why you have to have deliveries made at 11:40 at night!!! Your driver does not seem to take into consideration the fact that there are houses with people trying to sleep and having to go to work the next day. I would greatly appreciate it if you could reschedule your deliveries so that us local people are not woken by the sound of your deliveries. This is not a one off occurrence. It has happened more than once over the past few months. I hope will take us local residents who use your store into consideration.

Horrible

Entered the Aldi store at 18-25. I shopped the first aisle about to enter second aisle, when a female assistant placed empty wire cage in the aisle right opposite a wooden palate on the floor. She then walked off ignoring me. As I spoke to her, another shopper moved the cage so I could get past. She walked back to the stock room where a male assistant was mopping the floor wearing a pair of dirty blue rubber gloves. 18-35 min I was waiting to be served by the male assistant who was still wearing the same dirty gloves. I asked him why he was still wearing the gloves after mopping up the warehouse floor. He first denied he was when I told him I had seen he removed them. Health and safety issue food and hygiene terminal 25674179 EFT 0519 AID A0000000031010 *8120 772/018/003/105 after using this store since it opened, it has got worse over the last 12 months aisles blocked rude staff out of date food especially bread, salad, and dairy . .

Bad

While I was shopping I saw ALDI employee Lyn pushing a big yellow machine, washing floor tiles while customers are still in the store without any signs or barriers. When I looked down pretty much the whole floor was wet. i was really worried my wife safety, she's 7 months pregnant and she had to walk on the dangerously wet surface. We had to cautiously look where we were walking as we both made our way to the cash register very carefully. The ALDI cashier scanned 3 slabs of water and in total; it came on the screen as around $18. I asked the cashier, ‘I believe they are $4.99 each’, she said would send someone to get it checked out. I volunteered to go and check it myself as well. As I reached the area where all the pallets of water were kept, I took a picture of the sign as proof. While I was doing so, Lynn approached me and stated that I was wrong and that they are not spring water in a very harsh and rude manner. I replied back, saying ‘no you’re wrong and they are spring water.’

To prove my point, I then grabbed a slab from the pallet and indicated it to her. She turned around, saying they are totally different water to the sign. She pointed out some red slabs of water which were behind the ones was I looking at. Lyn started to mock me and approached me with her finger pointed at me. While she's talking to me, I said I would complain how rude she is because I'm a customer and I'm not happy with her customer service. She said she doesn't care; I then took out my phone and tried recording her actions but by then, she had stopped. I decided to walk back to the cash register where she had followed me, swore at me and told me in front of everyone, ‘you immigrant you go back to your country.’

Horrible

Yes, it's me again with my complaint of not receiving change for £20.00. It's now 5 days and I am still waiting for Aldi to get back in touch with me for a refund of my change of £10.00. I was promised someone from the store would contact me but NO ONE DID. So I guess I have lost £10.00. Never again will I go back to Aldi. I will discourage others from shopping there as well. What a shame, they are prepared to loose their customers over a short change. I predict the theft will continue.

Poor

For approx 3weeks I have been trying to purchase bottles of soda water, but because of the way they are stacked it is impossible to get to them. I asked at the check out on each occasion for assistance only to be told they were too heavy to move and one person was on sick with a strained back from trying to move them. We shop at Aldi twice a week and are normally very satisfied both with your products and normally with the help of your staff. I can only suggest this matter is looked into as we were not the only ones dissatisfied on this occasion. I look forward to your comments.

Poor

My wife and I were at the store on Ruth street on Sunday early to buy cedar mulch, we buy thirty bag;s each year. So went back on Monday and asked the same clerk if it was here and she said no, so this is twice I came to see if in. It is bad when we cannot call corporate on when it will come in, they cannot give out any phone numbers to us low life's. We buy alot of items from your stores COME ON.

Contact the Aldi Complaint Department