Aldi

Latest Complaint

janet wickham
01-22-2015 7:37 am

I am upset and disgusted. visited Aldi store in gamble road in Portsmouth to purchase a singer sewing machine this morning 22nd January only to be told that they had sold out however when I asked a member of Aldi staff (MANGER) how many they had had delivered to store the reply was ONE, after viewing it in your flyer I think it is disgusting that there was insufficient amount of this product delivered to the only store in Portsmouth City, I should like to receive feed back about why only one machine was delivered to the store. Disillusioned Aldi customer.

Do you have a problem with Aldi?

Customer Rating

Website

More Aldi Complaints

Margaret Tyson
01-17-2015 11:48 am

I use the store in Drove Road, Swindon. Since the store has been opened it has gradually been going down hill regarding the availability of goodsthat should be available for sale. Whatever time to go shopping the shelves are never fully stocked. I last went shopping yesterday at 3.00pm The vegetable racks were only about one third stocked, fruit not much better. Both of the types of filter coffee I use was unable (also last week unavailable), No marmite, no porridge oats, no large sausages just to name a few items I couldn't purchase.

When the store opened there used to be a delivery first thing in the morning so if you went shopping about 9am you were well catered for however this is not now the case. The deliveries are now later and seem to deliver whatever there is left from the other two stores in the Swindon area. We had to get used to the fact that the aisles in the store were always full of crates being unloaded, but this is preferable to not having the goods available when needed. I cannot do my entire weeks shop in Aldi anymore having to go to another supermarket also, this I will not carryon doing. If things do not improve myself and other shoppers will be shopping elsewhere. I feel very sorry sorry for the staff in Aldi as they are having to put up with a lot of complaints from customers and it is not in any way their fault.
Will you please treat this complaint as important. Waiting for a reply.

04-05-2014 11:00 pm

I have been an Aldi fan for a long time. However, while in this store on Friday April 4th, I noticed the line was unusually long, which, it usually is. I then noticed that a female cashier (wearing a wrist brace) had opened up another register, I assumed to relieve the giant line forming in the only other lane. So I got out of line, losing my spot, as well as a few other customers did and went over. So, after a couple of minutes of standing in line, she rings up two people in front of me and out of nowhere, steps from behind the counter and slaps a “lane closed” sign down on the counter. Me and the other customers behind me are shocked! I say to the cashier “your lane is closed, maam?” and she ignores me. So I thought maybe she didn’t hear me, so I say “Maam?” a little louder, and she snaps out a very rude and curt “YES! IT’S CLOSED! I was shocked, I thought about going back to the other line but it was way to long and I felt very low and embarrassed. I left my groceries and walked out. As well, as one of the other customers that was behind me. She was the only white girl working up front at the time. She had blond hair and a black wrist band on her wrist. What she did was beyond rude and unprofessional. She is going to cost you more customers like me in the future. I hope this complaint reaches the right avenues because if this were my business I would want to know about this employee and deal with her accordingly….

04-04-2014 11:00 pm

I have been an ALDI customer for many tears and I am getting very frustrated about the OUT OF STOCK items we shop for almost every week. The Waukesha, WI store has been out of srock of Canned dog foor for more than a month now. Chaucer dark chocolate is out off and on for a month now. Low fat cottage cheese is out off and on also. If I have to finish our shopping at Walmart or Woodamans in Waukesha I might just as well do all of our shopping at one of these stores and save time. These stores are never if ever out of what we buy weekly. It is just a waste of my time to have to run to more stores to finish shopping. There other tihings that just don’t come to mind that your store has been out of. I don’t know if this is poor management at the store or if something else is the problem. I hope this is fixed soon. time is running out for my trips to ALDI’s store

04-03-2014 11:00 pm

I have sent emails to Aldi regarding a double airbed I bought last year at Aldi’s in Castleford, it started leaking the second time we used it I had to buy another one so I do not want a replacement I want my £39.99 I paid for it, but as I said no one has bothered to reply it is very annoying,

04-02-2014 11:00 pm

3 weeks ago i complained there was a sharp corner i ripped my leggings cut and bruised my leg i was assured it would be covered up as was on a childs head level and then it wasnt so i re messaged aldi i was told to speak to store manager i did he said he would cover it and a week later STILL uncovered i was not after compensation or claiming anything but now i feel ive been ignored and my leggings were new i had to throw them away i have photograph of my bruised leg and the corner of the till area

04-01-2014 11:00 pm

I bought a pack of 2 fresh salmon last week, I thought I would give me and my husband a treat.
When I got home the salmon I opened the vacuum pack and the smell was so bad, I almost vomited.
When I visited my local Aldi store again yesterday I told the assistant manager, who said REALY, I am sorry.
I am a old age pensioner and cannot afford to buy food that I have to put in the bin.

Very unhappy customer,

Alison Paterson.

04-01-2014 11:00 pm

Only second time I have used Aldi, spent considerable time comparing products and prices, decided reasonable time to change my ways. So went across to town for cash and returned to shop, quite pleased. Then I receive a parking fined for being apparently 19 mins over an allotted time. Paid it but back to old ways, aldi, never again.

Sent from my iPad,

04-01-2014 11:00 pm

Hi myself and my partner went and done some shopping at aldi stores in baguley wythenshawe Manchester. We purchased a pack of sausages and they do not go out of date untill 04/04/2014 they are butchers select sausages. We have opened the packet and the smell Is horrendous. They are in bearable to cook and eat. Like they have been off for months on end. We see this as money wasted and a trip to the stores has been wasted. We love aldi stores and have always used aldi since the day it opened close by. We feel very disappointed in this and it is questioning our thoughts on wanting to continue shopping their if we feel that this is going to happen again.

03-31-2014 11:00 pm

I am a 47 year old male and attended the Aldi store on Saturday 29th March at Sheerness- on- sea in Kent. About 2 minutes after entering the store I was approached by a plain clothes security man who showed me his SIA badge. He asked me to remove my hood from over my head, I asked “why” he replied, “it’s the law”. I asked him, “show me under what law that I cannot wear my hood up in your store” I further went onto say I have recently had deep tissue massage to my right side of my neck and I needed to keep this area warm hence why my hood was up. The security person continues to say. “It’s law” but could not produce any documents in writing in law saying wearing your hood up in Aldi is not allowed. He went onto saying, ” you seem like a decent guy” which I found offensive. I pointed out to the security person there was no law in writing stating the wearing of hooded tops in Aldi was forbiddend also it was not a condition of shopping.

I pointed out this may be Aldi’s guidelines or a policy introduced but nothing was shown to me in writing. There was also no signage outside the store stating the conditions of shopping. I hastily pointed out to the security person that he needed to be mindful of saying “it’s law” not to wear your hood up in Aldi’s as he may come across a person who knows the law better than myself who would be happy to “sue” Aldi for a law that does not exist.

03-30-2014 11:00 pm

sir my grand son got me this vice for my birthday he got it on friday when he was shoping with is mum so i opend it to day great just what i need as iam sat in my weelchair it suddenly came to me that it was broken so i have taken it back to swap for one that is ok.i then was tould no reciet no swap so i asked is mum it was with the rest of her shoping reciet and as gone now as this is marked workzone and have not seen this brand on sale any were els in grimsby so is ther any chance you can change this vice thanks for any help with this

03-28-2014 11:00 pm

I would like to inform who ever it may concern that I reported your store to the newspaper of Bristol as well as reporting your store manager to the labor department the about the treatment of your employees in front of customers. I will not rest until this matter is situated. I am currently calling the Better Bureau as well. I am a loyal customer in that area and I am completely dissatisfied with the store and will be looking to take higher action if this is not taken care of immediately.

03-28-2014 11:00 pm

hi I recently bought a pack of jelly babies with other shopping and me and a family member spending over £100 and then yesterday I was horrified to find a plastic jelly babie in the pack but not realising it was in there and bit in to it and was horrified that my large tooth broken off and in shock was then swallowed but not the plastic jelly babie and I wish to make a formal complaint to the fact that one it should not be there and even if it was it should be written on special packs and it is not as I will not take this lightly as the newspapers and facebook pages will love to see this and will not be good for business so please note the dangerouse ness factor of this matter as what would of happened if this was a child it doesn’t bear to think of as im not im 42 years old and not attall happy 07879817568
address is 23 tewington place st Austell cornwall pl255nn
and I have all of the evidence but not the tooth obviously so please sort this matter immediately
kind regards ian brooks

29th march 2014

03-25-2014 11:00 pm

Dear Aldi,

I was given a K-fee machine for Mother’s Day last year. Since then, you seemed to have less variety of Expressi capsules and I love the lesser strength i.e. strength 4, 5, 6 but not usually stronger than that. My favourite was strength 5 green Perugia and Decaffi strength 2.

I have checked out your stores at Gosford and Wyoming and they seem to supply Expressi valletta strength 6 and decaffi strength 7, and good reliable Chai latte – thank goodness for that.

I am running out of my previous supply of Ferra- S 3, tauro – S5.

Kindly advise why the change and the less variety of capsules for your own brand machine!! Can I go to another store for the old supply of capsules.

Jeanette Beswick. (Phone 02 43292386)

03-25-2014 11:00 pm

So I queue up to a lady’s til whose til is pty due to her customer paying ,little did I see she had a closed sign on her checkout so I was d by the server to go to the other checkout that was full !
So I go to the other checkout only for the supervisor to walk over and tel her to take her closed sign off as she’s stil open and so called the next customer which should have been me !
At this point I am now in a long queue and late for my time of leaving

When I get to the cashier and question why I was shoved aside when actually she should have been staying open she replied “but she was full this is how aldi do it” I reied “no I’m sorry she wasn’t she was empty hence I chose to queue there ” she then replied”no she was full this is how aldi do it and I was empty”I reied “no you was full hence I went to the second till as it was empty ”
This causing a row for me at the front and the cashier claiming she was correct whilst shoving my food shopping to one side !
Really not impressed , never known such ride staff especially to argue that she was correct when I know for a fact that I was shove aside for no reason !

I I wasn’t I an rush to pick up my child I would have called the supervisor on this as I am mortally embarrassed at the way she spoke to me

I think the staff at aldi need to be re trained on how to respond to an u happy customer especially since I am a regular and work in customer services myself

03-22-2014 11:00 pm

We have been to Aldi several times over the past few weeks and found the products that we bought very good. We have had some of their meat joints which were very nice, but we cooked a Rolled Lamb joint a couple of weeks ago and we could not eat it was a very big disappointment as we had to have a Sunday dinner but no meat.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Mrs J. Walker on 03/23/2014 at IP address 92.237.177.87 using our Aldi complaint form. This opinions contained in this Aldi customer review titled, “Rolled Lamb” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

03-20-2014 11:00 pm

As regular customers to your store in eastern avenue southend on sea Essex, we have noticed for the third time after buying the cat food vita cat in the boxes, that there have been pouches missing from the box, instead of the normal 12 pouches, today when we got home there was 7 in one box and 9 in the other box I know this might seem a bit petty, but we do spend around 120 pound a week at your store, and we will continue to do so, but please could this be addressed thanks …. nick bailey
15 Vincent close
shoeburyness
southend on sea
Essex
ss39ff

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Nicholas Bailey on 03/21/2014 at IP address 81.152.188.108 using our aldi complaint form. This opinions contained in this aldi customer review titled, “missing cat food” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

03-19-2014 11:00 pm

Hi I recently shopped at ur aldi store in scott arms when I was packin my shopping I opend a new bag of ur shelf I put a jar of curry sauce into bag and the bag was not properly seald and the jar went straight through smashing on the floor and all over my new 60 pound shoes I had rereceived for xmas all up my jeans and all over my partners jeans and shoes when I got home I noticed it was all up my babys pram too I did put a complaint form in and was told would get intouch but has been about 2 months now and still not heard anythin my shoes and my partners clothes and are ruined now and kids pram staind has was a balti sauce

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Tammie Millard on 03/20/2014 at IP address 2.218.148.162 using our aldi scott arms complaint form. This opinions contained in this aldi scott arms customer review titled, “carry a bag broken was not sealed properly” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

03-17-2014 11:00 pm

i made a complaint in jan uary this year both in store and to head office my complaint number is ref167589 as yet i have heard nothing from you not even aphonecall i emailed a photo to your department showing the damage to my husbands hand i have been into the aldi store in blackpool and they say thay contacted you but still i dont get a reply i intend to take this matter to consumer protection if i dont here from aldi soon thankyou

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by peggy cuthbert on 03/18/2014 at IP address 77.96.161.44 using our aldi complaint form. This opinions contained in this aldi customer review titled, “cordless drill” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

03-17-2014 11:00 pm

I was starting to bag my food which I have done sine they opened. I do shopping for 3 different people so it was all in section. I started bagging my items, after bagging two bags. The deputy manager started saying but it in the if you don’t no then the staff need more training, repeating herself. I was not aware that I had to do this. So I said just one moment but I need to sort this stuff out. She started scanning the food even fasting pushing and putting it all on top of each other. Then pushed all the food in the trolley on top of all different items. I had eggs cakes etc. I totally get now that this is how your system works. But she didn’t ask me or explain this she was very rude with her deliver and aggressive,. which then made me defensive as other customers just looked on. I was very embarrassed. I asked to see the manager she just smiled and said im the manager. Then no reply. I am a very good customer at this store, and have praised the store to friend and encouraged them to go there. I have also been satisfied with everything down to value for money, the customer service and I have never wrote a complaint about anything before but I was totally shocked by her behaviour.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by Rachel Harvey on 03/18/2014 at IP address 94.197.121.113 using our Aldi in harstoke winchester complaint form. This opinions contained in this Aldi in harstoke winchester customer review titled, “Rude behaviour from deputy manager” do not reflect the opinions of this website.

03-17-2014 11:00 pm

Hello, as we are on a budget, as many other people are, that’s why we shopped at Aldi, purchased these ham trimming for lunchboxes for my kids. I thought they would be on par to Icelands Ham ends. Oh my god how can you possibly sell these, they are not fit for sale! They taste like you are chewing rubber, they are disgusting. I am a family of six and everyone said the same.There not even trimmings they are tough round pieces of rubber. You’ve let me down Aldi. Wont be buying these again. Ime £1.65 worse off now.

Disclaimer: This complaint was submitted by KAREN WILKES on 03/18/2014 at IP address 94.173.202.233 using our ALDI complaint form. This opinions contained in this ALDI customer review titled, “VALUE COOKED HAM TRIMMINGS £1.65″ do not reflect the opinions of this website.

Companies Like Aldi