Customer Satisfaction Results

Aldi

Complaint Department

Filed by Complaints Department on Apr 05, 2014
Consumer Rating

I have been an Aldi fan for a long time. However, while in this store on Friday April 4th, I noticed the line was unusually long, which, it usually is. I then noticed that a female cashier (wearing a wrist brace) had opened up another register, I assumed to relieve the giant line forming in the only other lane. So I got out of line, losing my spot, as well as a few other customers did and went over. So, after a couple of minutes of standing in line, she rings up two people in front of me and out of nowhere, steps from behind the counter and slaps a “lane closed” sign down on the counter. Me and the other customers behind me are shocked! I say to the cashier “your lane is closed, maam?” and she ignores me. So I thought maybe she didn’t hear me, so I say “Maam?” a little louder, and she snaps out a very rude and curt “YES! IT’S CLOSED! I was shocked, I thought about going back to the other line but it was way to long and I felt very low and embarrassed. I left my groceries and walked out. As well, as one of the other customers that was behind me. She was the only white girl working up front at the time. She had blond hair and a black wrist band on her wrist. What she did was beyond rude and unprofessional. She is going to cost you more customers like me in the future. I hope this complaint reaches the right avenues because if this were my business I would want to know about this employee and deal with her accordingly….

19 customers agree with this feedback

Do you agree? Yes or No

Do you have a complaint about Aldi?

Compare Aldi to Similar Supermarkets more...

Aldi Customer Feedback Trending Now

145 Aldi consumers have created complaints against Aldi to date. Need to report poor customer service? Use our free Aldi complaint form to share your review. Need to contact Aldi corporate headquarters? Find office address, phone number, and email information here.

Consumer Rating

I went to Aldi store in Kissimmee Florida on 192, the newest store been there many times today April 23 2015 went to my groceries. On the counter I took a divider and put up my groceries. A customer in front got mad at me, I don't know why but that's what you do at any food store. The cashier told me that I don't put things up like that and told I was rude why the next counter next to me did same thing manager came out and made me feel I was a bad person sharing in the same belief as the cashier. I told them why do you have the divider on the counter. They still scrolled me like a child. I would never shop here again store manager told fine no loss, we don't need you!

Consumer Rating

I was accused of stealing 2 bottles of wine in your Boscombe store and asked to empty my £11 50 worth of shopping and asked about 2 bottles of wine which I bought in a previous shop next door and made to feel insulted and spoken to horribly by the man at the counter as if I had done something wrong. Well maybe I did by going to your store in the first place. The security guard was much better behaved than the your own shop assistant. I regularly use this store and feel hurt being spoken to this way especially in front of my sick girlfriend who was crying when we left. The security guard said not to to listen to the store man, and said he apologize for him which I think he should have done himself. I am really really upset

Consumer Rating

I shop at Aldi's probably 2 or 3 times weekly. Yesterday, 4/22/15 after my purchase was totaled, I found an error with the cost of tomatoes. The charge was $1.69 and the package had an advertised price of $.89. The person operating the register called her supervisor who checked to see if I was right or wrong. After seeing the advertised price she changed the sign as I waited in line. Once she made he corrections, she instructed her employee at the register to refund my money. No apology, no attempt to charge the amount the item was listed for, just here's my money back that's the end of it. I have shopped probably 100 or more stores in the greater West Palm Beach and no cost dispute never ended with my money being refunded. It was their error and I was offended. A customer observed what happened and agreed. Aldi's have good prices on much of their products, but I doubt I will ever go back to that store again.

Consumer Rating

I would like to formally complain regarding a parking charge that I have received from Parking Eye on the 29/03/14 for parking at the Oldham and Chadderton store for over the stated one and a half hours permitted time. Firstly I wasn't aware of the time restriction that is in place or I would of adhered to this however I have parked there to shop on many many occasions and never received any form of charge. I had visited the B&M store first then went into Aldi to complete my weekly shop and spent in excess of £100.00 in both stores, I now feel angry and aggrieved as a loyal Aldi shopper that I have received this after spending a lot of money on the said day, I understand this will need to be looked at by yourselves and I am happy to produce my bank statement as proof of purchase, I have also appealed this with Parking eye to which they state they will respond in the next 14 days, I hope this can be resolved as I will definitely look for an alternative place to shop as I don't feel this is very shopper friendly practice.

Consumer Rating

I live in Honey Church Close in Redditch which is behind where the Aldi store is on Trafford Park retail park. Please can you tell me why you have to have deliveries made at 11:40 at night!!! Your driver does not seem to take into consideration the fact that there are houses with people trying to sleep and having to go to work the next day. I would greatly appreciate it if you could reschedule your deliveries so that us local people are not woken by the sound of your deliveries. This is not a one off occurrence. It has happened more than once over the past few months. I hope will take us local residents who use your store into consideration.

Consumer Rating

Entered the Aldi store at 18-25. I shopped the first aisle about to enter second aisle, when a female assistant placed empty wire cage in the aisle right opposite a wooden palate on the floor. She then walked off ignoring me. As I spoke to her, another shopper moved the cage so I could get past. She walked back to the stock room where a male assistant was mopping the floor wearing a pair of dirty blue rubber gloves. 18-35 min I was waiting to be served by the male assistant who was still wearing the same dirty gloves. I asked him why he was still wearing the gloves after mopping up the warehouse floor. He first denied he was when I told him I had seen he removed them. Health and safety issue food and hygiene terminal 25674179 EFT 0519 AID A0000000031010 *8120 772/018/003/105 after using this store since it opened, it has got worse over the last 12 months aisles blocked rude staff out of date food especially bread, salad, and dairy . .

Consumer Rating

While I was shopping I saw ALDI employee Lyn pushing a big yellow machine, washing floor tiles while customers are still in the store without any signs or barriers. When I looked down pretty much the whole floor was wet. i was really worried my wife safety, she's 7 months pregnant and she had to walk on the dangerously wet surface. We had to cautiously look where we were walking as we both made our way to the cash register very carefully. The ALDI cashier scanned 3 slabs of water and in total; it came on the screen as around $18. I asked the cashier, ‘I believe they are $4.99 each’, she said would send someone to get it checked out. I volunteered to go and check it myself as well. As I reached the area where all the pallets of water were kept, I took a picture of the sign as proof. While I was doing so, Lynn approached me and stated that I was wrong and that they are not spring water in a very harsh and rude manner. I replied back, saying ‘no you’re wrong and they are spring water.’

To prove my point, I then grabbed a slab from the pallet and indicated it to her. She turned around, saying they are totally different water to the sign. She pointed out some red slabs of water which were behind the ones was I looking at. Lyn started to mock me and approached me with her finger pointed at me. While she's talking to me, I said I would complain how rude she is because I'm a customer and I'm not happy with her customer service. She said she doesn't care; I then took out my phone and tried recording her actions but by then, she had stopped. I decided to walk back to the cash register where she had followed me, swore at me and told me in front of everyone, ‘you immigrant you go back to your country.’

Consumer Rating

Yes, it's me again with my complaint of not receiving change for £20.00. It's now 5 days and I am still waiting for Aldi to get back in touch with me for a refund of my change of £10.00. I was promised someone from the store would contact me but NO ONE DID. So I guess I have lost £10.00. Never again will I go back to Aldi. I will discourage others from shopping there as well. What a shame, they are prepared to loose their customers over a short change. I predict the theft will continue.

1 customer agrees with this feedback

Consumer Rating

For approx 3weeks I have been trying to purchase bottles of soda water, but because of the way they are stacked it is impossible to get to them. I asked at the check out on each occasion for assistance only to be told they were too heavy to move and one person was on sick with a strained back from trying to move them. We shop at Aldi twice a week and are normally very satisfied both with your products and normally with the help of your staff. I can only suggest this matter is looked into as we were not the only ones dissatisfied on this occasion. I look forward to your comments.

Consumer Rating

My wife and I were at the store on Ruth street on Sunday early to buy cedar mulch, we buy thirty bag;s each year. So went back on Monday and asked the same clerk if it was here and she said no, so this is twice I came to see if in. It is bad when we cannot call corporate on when it will come in, they cannot give out any phone numbers to us low life's. We buy alot of items from your stores COME ON.

Consumer Rating

We have been using Aldi stores for a few years, but are finding some goods not up to scratch. 15m Garden Line Hose. Purchased 10.04.15. first use Saturday. lost count of number of kinks. Soda water 1.25l usually purchase 8 at a time. We have given up due to lack of fiz, sometimes even when first opened.(2 bottles returned to Aldi bottles not opened and not full.) Purchased 5l pressure sprayer (no brand) last year, used once. Tried to use this year and the body has a hole in the side. Purchased boots Lining failed. Phone complaint I had had the boots too long. Boots 10 months used causually for domestic purpuoses and I had been away overseas for 3 months, without the boots. The lettuces on sale seem to always be of poor quality.We usually shop at Aldi Gatton and Aldi River Link Ipswich.

Consumer Rating

My wife and I always wait till your ad comes out for your cedar mulch. So we had your ad this last Saturday and were ready to get to our store early. We do this because we purchase thirty bag's or more when they come in. We went to our store on ruth street and one of the gal;s said they did not have any and their warehouse does not have it in even though it was on sale. This did not make the wife very happy and we told the gal that it is not her fault and she gave her apology for it. Our concern is that we will not get our thirty bags as we will not know when or If it comes in. Can there be help to get them?.

Consumer Rating

Today, 12 april2015 i went to Aldi store in woodgroove shopping centre,melton south and experienced a really bad customer service from one of the store member named LAURA. I was thinking of buying the spice storage and i just found one and in that one bottle was missing then i started searching for store member for some assistance and i found lady named LAURA. I asked her can you please help me in finding that bottle and she said in a very rude voice i don't know. I again requested her may be you know where i can find the same things and she again said by ignoring me that I DON'T KNOW. She said to me in a ridiculously rude manner that you have buy as it is as she don't know. I was bit suprised with her behaviour. and she left with further giving me any information. Then i said thank you and have a good day, she gave a very weird face impression to me.I felt really bad. Her behaviour was ridiculously bad and poor. She totally lacks the good customer service skills which she needs to know.

Consumer Rating

Today I shopped at your store in Lloyd st. At the check out, I handed £20.00 note to the till guy. He gave me back change for £10.00. I asked for my £10.00 change back and he said , sorry and looked at his machine. He said yes I saw you give me £20.00 and said, wait a minute for me to check the till. 15 minutes he came back and said he would not be long. Another man came and took all the money from all the tills and went to the back. Another man came after 15 minutes and told me he checked and it came back as zero. So I suggest someone in the store is stealing money from you and passing it on to the customers. I had been to the bank and got only £20.00 notes. I had no £10.00 notes. Can I have my change back please.
I will keep you informed of the outcome. Regards len

2 customers agree with this feedback

Consumer Rating

this is regarding the stayleybridge store. we visited the morning of the 10 th april to not only shop for ourselves but neighbours. We found that the store had no 2.2 ltr semi-skimmed milk, this is not the first time this as happened. We found a staff member who said this product was not in stock. We live in the greenfield area of saddleworth so this store is not on our door step. We then had to drive to another store for cheap milk. This is not a feasible way for us save money this way, neither for ourselves or our elderly neighbours. Aldi pull your socks up and get a better stock of groceries your customers want!

Consumer Rating

I am the operations Manager for Whybirds - Wednesday morning at approx 8.00 am one of your delivery vehicles (semi trailer) smashed into our park truck - yes parked - incident address was 62 Warwick Road Ipswich. - your vehicle smashed our vehicles side mirror - the truck in question we could not get a plate # as he departed very quickly and didnt stop - he will know he hit our vehicle as his mirror was torn off as well. The Aldi vehicle was White cab/flat nose Volvo we think - it had multi colour taut with white rear doors. Your vehicle tracker will determine the vehicle very quickly as I stated - the driver did NOT STOP. I have tried calling the customer service line since 8.00 thismorning to NO avail. Lucky there was no injury sustained to anyone. I will continue to try to speak to a real person in the interim - please contact our operation dept - if there is no response I will have no alternative but to report this to Traffic Police.

Consumer Rating

The Bake House rolled ready-made pie crusts can't be unrolled without tearing holes---they stick together. I've complained over and over again at the store, but that's apparently not the way to get anything done. They are nice enough--they offer me a replacement, and refund. I don't except it. That's not what I want. What I want is for somebody to take it seriously and do something about it. I wonder if they are being stored somewhere without refrigeration. I like ALDI's products. This is not "par for the course."

Consumer Rating

After shopping in Aldi (Hyde), And spending almost £90 in the store. Which is a regular (Weekly) shopping bill. For the Childrens home I work for. You can imagine my surprise to receive through the post,7 days later a parking charge notice for the amount of £70. As you can imagine I wrote to the parking company involved, parking eye stating my anger. I will from now on be using other shops in Hyde that do not run this parking scam. And I hope other customers take notice as well.

Consumer Rating

I have shopped with Aldi on the Dublin road and today I shopped at the Roxboro store,I myself have been a store supermarket Manager for years so I am very keen on customer service. Today after getting to the till I decided that I did not want to purchase a product I was polite in making the cashier aware of this so it wouldn't melt because it was Ice cream I said can I leave this with you so you can get someone on the floor to put back a reasonable request. He replied oh no you'll have to put it back normally I would but I am 9 months pregnant and due soon so you can imagine my reply .......disgusted at him my husband offered to run back to the fridges with the I ice cream.Leaving me very embaressed and irate I filled my trolley quickly couldn't even look at this man again and then the man over exaggerated his thank you to my husband cheekily. I want a full apology from this store and this man to be disciplined for his unsympathetic approach.

Consumer Rating

Purchased a rolling pin used it Thursday last week and there was a horrible metallic smell extremely strong . it was all over my fingers and the pastry smelled of it. Needless to say pastry went in the bin. On the ends there were a couple of brown spots flaking off, when touched this is where the metallic smell was coming from, this was on both ends. it was taken back and my money refunded. The manager and myself went to look at the rolling pins and there were more with same spots. Not very good when I was baking for local Hospice. I know it's not your fault it is the manufacturer but all the same very dangerous. If my sense of smell was not so keen It could well have been missed and tainted the pastry!

Contact the Aldi Complaint Department

• I want to write a letter to Aldi. What is their corporate mailing address?

• 1200 N Kirk Rd
    • Batavia
    • IL
  • I want to call the Aldi customer hotline. Do they have a phone number I can call to voice my problem?

(630) 879-8100
  • I need to visit the Aldi company website. What is their website address?