How to Cancel Dish Network Without Penalty

I’m done. Finished. I quit.

Dish Network has lost my business for good. Here’s how I cancelled my services without penalty.

If dish was more worried about making money by happy costumers than locking them in a contract they’re mad about they would have a lot more long term costumers. I want to add another tv but to do that I have to renew my contract? I keep seeing these same upset reviews everywhere.

I pray they will do better with their services and prices. Some of their customer service people are nice and willing to help. They are kept in the background and we the customer reps that actually could care less. What are we as consumers do? Complain and complain until something is done. Another dissatisfied customer.

So, I sent the image above to Dish corporate offices at the email address: executivecustomerserivice@dish.com

I told them in the email I figured I’d rather not have another tv than renew a contract with dish. When my contract is over I was never going to get dish again. And if they keep sending $107 bills for 4 days of service when it hasn’t even been installed yet after I un-paused my contract then I’ll change my credit card number and Dish can add that to my already crappy credit.

But to my surprise the email worked and I was able to completely get out of my contract. I guess they were worried about the social media backlash?

I am very upset at the fact that I had to speak to 3 people and still did not get the point across to Dish customer service center there’s an error screen message that I took a picture of an attached to it this is the error message that I received after I went to go pay my bill and when I went to the screen it hit submit and said thank you for your payment.

Here is why I cancelled Dish Network:

• Terrible signal
  • Rude customer support
  • Expensive fees
  • Unexpected charges
  • Incompetent technicians
  • Outsourced customer services

I’m like wait a minute I did not hit the button to confirm there was no confirmed and went right to an error message so I called customer service to let them know what Dish billing charge me $300 and I’m trying to pay the past due amount 3 people say the same thing of the past due amount we needed to be paid but I understand about the past due balance is the past due balance but you don’t give customers an option to pay past due amount only to penalize them I get that there’s a problem with the fact my credit card information is on this TV and its authorized payment.

That is my concern it’s technical but not one person said anything about technical issues that man we can’t refund the money is the focus here we spent 25 minutes talking to 3 people.

One of the supervisor and she wants to just be argumentative about it. Well ma’am that you know the payment was past due and. So she had her mind made up already before the conversation that she doesn’t she’s not getting her money back that’s not the point it’s a problem on my screen.

Dish should take a look at customer service, this is very horrible that how I feel as a customer no one has confirmed that a customer’s credit card PHA information is on there TV in the system authorizes payment that’s the problem.

They could not give me a number to transfer me or transfer me to corporate so I can speak to somebody above the other person that I spoke to besides Jessica and no one saw it.

This is the customer service I know Dish corporate guys want to be the number one supplier reading their quotes that you want to be number one. Well, they finally proved it.

System but also customer service’s number one too and we have a customer with credit card information on their TV then that is alarming and I’m sure other consumers would find that alarming to specially when there are people that don’t have a lot of money in their account and they live paycheck-to-paycheck and then Dish allows them to pay the past due amount to get automatically charged a past due balance can be very hurtful to other customers and that is my point. 158.00 monthly to be treated with no concern for the customer.

My complaint is that my bill is too high to have dish and the internet. Dish falsely send out emails that are not true. Once called customer service tells you something different.

When I first started dish I was excited even though I had been warned about dish. Dish has become unworthy, untruthful and can’t explain why paying hundreds of dollars for cable and internet. Dish starts off good but they end up bad.

855-318-0572
9601 S. Meridian Blvd. Englewood CO 80112

Comment:

Have the Hopper DVR and have not been able to record programs for about two weeks. Have contacted Dish numerous times and the problem continues. Being told they are aware of the problem but no time frame for when it will be corrected. Have worked with technology many years and do not understand why this can not be resolved. How do you cancel a commitment of two years when the service is not being provided.

Comment:

On Dec 3, 2016 I talk with a rep on the phone about a box that I have, he informed me that I have a receiver that cost additional $7.00 a month because it records.  I have been calling Dish for the last two years about the bill, ways to help low the the bill, he suggest that I remove the VIP722dvr receiver and get two single that does not have the dvr saving me about 10 dollars a month. He arrange for a the to come out and install the boxes. On Dec 16 @10:48am I call to talk with a account manger and was given to Rueben no last name given.

He informed me the information I received was incorrect I would not be saving anything. I explain to him that I have call over 6 times about this bill he agreed to give me $5:00 a month for 10 month, because of what I have been through, but because the tech said you will be going into a 2 yrs contract which he never mention (Rueben) I have not for a long time been satisfied. I have had so much trouble with Dish so many tech calls, so many help desk call and this is the way you treat your customers.

I am on a fix income that why I need to cut back, my job close. Rebuen said because you are not getting the new boxes I can't offer you the $5: credit I was going to give you,  I am paying for HD channel but I get no Hd because of the signal never have. I am so angry at you guys  all I can do is PRAY for a better day and he will work it out for me,  Thanks for nothing. I know this will get no attention.

Comment:

I had a issue with my service they scheduled me appointments and the technician never shows,up. I call they keep telling me that I been calling to cancel the appointments. Why would I call to cancel the appointments when I taken time off work to be home. Been without tv for 4 days now. Dish network make you sign a 2 years contract but when you have a issue they drop the ball on helping. Sick and tired of being screwed by Dish network. I will never refer dish to a family or friends ever.

Comment:

Last year Dish Network had a 12 month/1 year special for $49. I agree to the 1 year and told them I only wanted one year. They offered a twenty four with a third year guarantee price. I made it known I only wanted one year. If I decide to do something different I would let them know after my year was over. Of course I called to cancel after my year. I was told as of March 25 2017 was the end and I owed nothing. Will on March 28, 2017 I call to cancel and pay for the few days. I was told that I was under a 2 year contract with a third year. I explained that I had spoken with some a few days ago and explained what I was told.

Of course they told me that didn't matter. I ask them to pull the conversation and was told they was not going to do that without a subpoena. If a consumer was told one thing and the business does not think it's important enough to show trustworthiness that's a serious issue. Too me it show plain deception on Dish Network part. Even the supervisor lied to me on the phone. He said I had one year a two months lefted on a contract. I had to tell him that was not so and then he said 10 months. I find a lot of bad communication with this company. They won't own up to their mistakes but find it necessary to penalize their customers.

He even threatening to charge my account. I told him he has no authorization to charge my account. I was told yes I can. I made the statement to him you have no authorization to charge any of my accounts. I hope you are recording this. They are arrogant and deceptive. This is what I have experience. I'm so stressed right now and upset. They should not be able to get away with this.